PingPlotter Ratings

Overall

About PingPlotter

PingPlotter is a graphical traceroute and ping tool that visualizes network performance in a way that makes identifying the source of problems quicker and easier for everyone from online gamers and video streamers to VoIP admins and IT pros. Features for remote deployment, network monitoring, scripting, and a web interface are included along with several additional capabilities. Learn more about PingPlotter

Homer C.
Retired
Education Management, Self-employed
February 8, 2019

“Identification of Internet Problems”

OverallI was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter
ProsThe manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.
ConsThe tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.
February 8, 2019
Shariff t.
IT Technician
December 2, 2017

“Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity”

ProsPing Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to, and My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.
ConsNo budget as of yet to buy a newer version, company is still evaluating if their is a need to update to a newer version
December 2, 2017
Robert W.
Senior Product Development Scientist & QC Manager
Chemicals, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2019

“A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections”

OverallI got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.
ProsEasy to download and install. 15 day free trial Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful. Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring. In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.
ConsThe free trial comes to an end. :-( The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.
January 17, 2019
Rick M.
automotive
Automotive, Self-employed
April 7, 2019

“Ping plotting”

OverallMy internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.
ProsThis app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.
ConsLike anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal.
April 7, 2019
Kevin L.
Principal
Insurance, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“Carrier issues validated”

OverallWe've been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We've had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn't see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!
ProsEasy of install and use. It wasn't until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.
ConsGlad to report we did not find any issues with the software.
February 4, 2019
Lucas S.
System Analyst
January 10, 2018

“Ping plotter is easily one of the the most useful and polished tools I have ever used.”

ProsThe network discovery tool is easily worth the price of entry and I have used this utility almost every day since I purchased it. No more guessing where that IP is being assigned or where that rouge DHCP address is coming from. Brilliant, well packaged, easy to use, I recommend to anyone that has ever had to TRACERT anything.
ConsNone that I can see, maybe the setup of some of the advanced features is a little convoluted. Great app.
January 10, 2018
Aaron D.
Network Administrator
Oil & Energy, 501-1000 employees
August 29, 2019

“PingPlotter”

OverallGreat software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.
ProsEasy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection.
ConsThere is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.
August 29, 2019
Rachel R.
February 12, 2018

“Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price.”

OverallVisibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.
ProsGraphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time. The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent. The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.
ConsTimeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise; I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good! The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time. The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price. There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.
February 12, 2018
Roberth C.
Senior Engineer Network and System
51-200 employees
January 1, 2018

“Amazing tool to discover your network and detect issues”

ProsEasy to use, Interface is clean and you can see information clearly Historical data is a treasure and you can use it to analyze with a lot of details
ConsHonestly I don't find any problem with PingPlotter, just I can do a suggestion and it is include a option to send reports by mail with some frequency about specific target monitored.
January 1, 2018
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
April 16, 2019

“Easy to use ping tracking software”

OverallAble to track network issues that we did not know we were having before by seeing dropped packets we were unaware of
ProsAble to track when pings where lost or have added latency via the logging the program does.
Consto be honest i cannot think of anything that i do not like about the software it pings and traces at the same time.
April 16, 2019
Joshua J.
Director of Engineering
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do”

OverallWe installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.
ProsI liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.
ConsI wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions. I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.
September 5, 2018
David W.
December 5, 2017

“Great tool to help diagnose network issues”

OverallI was able to effectively diagnose several connectivity issues and manage our network resources so that VOIP was not affected by other traffic.
ProsI've been using PingPlotter Pro to help diagnose packet loss on our network which affects our VOIP calls. PingPlotter has been great allowing us to constantly monitor connectivity. I like that I can turn it on in the morning and go back to view a day's worth of performance, zoom in on certain time periods and add comments in real time to note what activity was occurring at that time. The knowledge base is also great to understand how the tool works and what issues to look for.
ConsI wish there was a functionality to monitor not just pings, but also constant bandwidth useage. I also wish there were a way to assign device names on the network discovery tab.
December 5, 2017
Nick R.
IT Consultant
October 31, 2017

“PingPlotter is the easiest way to distinguish if a network issue is happening in LAN or ISP”

OverallIt clearly identified an intermittent packet drop pattern that was originating from a modem that went bad when our ISP's bs level 1 tech support was saying that it was probably our router or inside our network. I ran it from a PC connected directly to modem. Used the graphs to make my case to ISP. They replaced the modem, problem disappeared.
ProsThe history diagrams give you proof to bring to your ISP to show that your modem needs replaced or that they the issue is not on your end.
ConsI don't like the licensing approach. I bought a full pro license on a PC at our office but I want to use it outside of our network as an IT consultant. It's a great tool but rarely needed so having to repurchase it to use at a different location is just not worth it.
Aryan Z.
IT Senior technician
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2019

“Excellent fault detection tool”

OverallI use this to prove to my ISP that the fault lies within their network and pinpoint were their fault is. That way repair won't take weeks (ISP not doing anything). I can adjust a few parameters so the measurement results show if measurement falls within or outside specifications.
ProsThe statistics over longer period (min 10 min). The Packet loss %. Latency and of course Jitter.
ConsIt only runs on Windows and NO OTHER OS...
August 21, 2019
Karthigeyan B.
Network Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
May 8, 2018

“Used Ping Plotter Pro for the last 2 weeks, it was really good in getting the hop by hop latency”

OverallHop by Hop latency with errors which helped to prove the issues with WAN and also to identify the issues in LAN nodes.
ProsHop by Hop latency with errors and also helped to get the historical data which is very useful to go back to ISP to highlight our WAN issues and it helped to identify the issues with particular nodes. Graphical representation is very good.
ConsIntermittent high latency is not clearly visible when I see the report for long time duration like 12 hours or 2 hours., but it shows when I change the duration to 60 min or less. This should be looked into.
May 8, 2018
Ingemar E.
Eng
October 17, 2017

“Ping plotter is a fantastic tool giving you a an excellent view of your Internet connection”

OverallOI can tell my Internet suplier how my Internet is working
ProsWe are a church. When viewing streaming videos from the Internet, very often we have interrupts (lags) for some seconds or up to one minute, often in periods. We have a cable ADSL connection. Our Internet supplier Bahnhof asked us to find out if the problem is on our site. They proposed to use Pingplotter. In 14 days we now have used Pingplotter. It is a very nice tool which really shows when Internet become slow and do not response. We see a lot of red stacks for some periods, which we can present to Bahnhof.
ConsWhen finished a test period you want to to scroll the time axis. I have not found any way to do it automaticly. I did it manualy with the mouse.
October 17, 2017
Ruben U.
Wireless Technician
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2018

“AWESOME TOOL”

OverallThis software has helped me deploy and implament a MDU Wi-FI deployment using multiple devices and technologies to provide a flawless handoff and data transfer on an enormous property
ProsEasy and intuitive GUI. The option to ping and trace multiple targets at once is a cool and useful feature. Availability to see history and trends at particular times of days. Trace route feature is also useful for tracking network routing issues when roaming thru MDU deployments
ConsThe price is steep, bur aside from that no complaints.
September 28, 2018
Andrew K.
Machinery, 1-10 employees
March 20, 2019

“Great Tool to track internet connection”

OverallI am in a long battle with my internet provider Mediacom. They will figure out the problem. They do there speed test its great. My service is not reliable. It does not support a VOIP system and drop calls or will not let you answer the call. It makes it hard and waste a lot of time just trying to write an email. My IT vendor showed me this software to track the connection and we can now see what is going on.
ProsEase of use. I am not an IT guy and this was very easy to use and understand
ConsNot sure there is anything I do not like. So far so good
March 20, 2019
Juan A.
Support
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 5, 2019

“Your ISP can not trick you with PingPlotter :)”

OverallI live in latin america, and most of the internet service providers still doesn't have fiber channels for all clients, so, when someone uses internet for non buffering content ( can i say Netflix? ), for example gaming, the packet loss becomes a serious problem if the connection quality is bad. The client calls the ISP, and all they do is check internet speed ( not the problem ), but with PingPlotter you can show the eternal problem to a support technician or check the internal LAN in minutes.
ProsAbility to show packet loss problems Easy of use, even for non technical users
ConsAt the moment the software has everything i needed basic network troubleshooting use.
March 5, 2019
Hassen N.
Ingénieur Réseau et Sécurité
Computer Networking, 201-500 employees
August 3, 2018

“PING PLOTTER ADDICTIVE !!”

OverallWith ping Plotter i was able to show to my client that one Internet provider is more stable than another one to build S2S VPN between his DATACENTER and his OFFICE.
Prosthe accuracy of graphics at the second near the possibility of going back in time up to 7 days the integrated TRACEROUTE function that help to find which router is in cause the notification function where there is route change. the Web interface view. the remote agent function : very helpful to test 2 différent provider in the same time. VERY ADDICTIVE : I CANNOT WORK NOW IN MY TSHOOT WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT.
ConsNOTHING EXECPT THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU RESET THE DNS NAME OF ONE ENTRY YOU LOST YOUR STATISTICS BUT NOTHING VERY GRAVE
August 3, 2018
Ashleigh C.
IT Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
August 2, 2018

“Powerful tool for detecting all sorts of network issues.”

ProsPingPlotter Network software is an awesome software that is used in a best way for visualizing network performance in order to know about the different sources of problems. One can have clear and accurate graphical information through this software. This software reduces the time of trouble shooting.
ConsTruly speaking I do not have issues related to PingPlotter software. One of the limitation is that it's licensing approach is not good enough. I only want to give suggestion that is,it should have option to send reports via mail.
August 2, 2018
laura c.
IT Specialist
August 1, 2018

“An excellent network problem resolver with the ease of use.”

ProsI have been using PingPlotter for analyzing network issues. It lets the user recognize the sources of pocket losses and provides us best solutions to get rid of that problem. One of the most interesting thing it is supportive for tracing internet problems & using as proof to ISP. Very easy to use, works perfectly and It lets us install it on several devices.
ConsHaving a great experience with this software. I could not find any complaint. It is a powerful troubleshooting & monitoring featured software. It is very easy to use its all functions.
August 1, 2018
Guy L.
Manager/Retired Technician
February 19, 2018

“I used PingPlotter to diagnose the network problems I have been having with Spectrum/TWC”

OverallI was able to document the local node problems and the internet problems that I have been having with Spectrum/TWC. I had severe packet loss which they fixed on the local node and other problems which I traced to their headend node. Still resolving their inability to deliver the 100Mbps to my home office.
ProsThis package is exceptional for documenting packet loss/ping times and tracking down where the problems are with a large network such as Spectrum. It is easy to get up and running.
ConsThe learning curve to utilize its full power and documentation of where problems are is a bit long but keep in mind that solving multiple nodes and local node problems is a challenge. I have held a Commercial FCC GROL license for 40 years and worked with networking problems much of that time. I found that PingPlotter is an exceptional tool and quite intuitive to use.
February 19, 2018
Tyler S.
IT Pro
October 31, 2017

“PingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt.”

ProsPingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt. I've been a longtime user, and it is perfect for visually showing customers and vendors an issue. Extremely simple to understand if you are a 'normal' user with no IT background, and extremely useful if you have a deep understanding of networking and routing.
ConsEverything about the software itself is very nice. No complaints there. I wish the free version allowed for some bit of history more than the past 5 minutes.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 13, 2018

“Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity!”

OverallThe reason I used PingPlotter was to provide evidence that there may be an issue with a data center at work. This program is easy to use and the answers to my questions were a click away in their knowledge base or videos on YouTube. Configuring PingPlotter, running, and saving the results were easy. I also love the fact that you can have multiple reports running for research and comparison.
ProsThe graphical interface is great and easy to use.
ConsThere was not anything I did not like. No complaints!
November 13, 2018
Dietrich B.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
October 6, 2018

“Use pingplotter to check the quality of WAN links”

OverallWe have small customers and our job is mostly to setup and maintain die Computer and Networks. We come often to the point where we have to proof the quality of a WAN link for VOIP. Pingplotter seems to be a product that fits for this purposes.aside former problem to learn how to use it. We..as a small company..can not make to money form our customers to pay every month for the use of the product. A version that we can buy and find out the quality of am WAN connection for VOIP would be great. May be you can help us to find it and come back on our email
ProsPingplotter is easy to use. The first steps are very simple and mostly self explaining. I have used it to check the quality of different WAN links.
ConsWhen I tried to go deeper and find more details about the results of the pinigs on the WAN link I had difficulties to find out what I can find and how to find it. I never found how to have a closer look to the jitter.
October 6, 2018
Chad A.
VP Ops & CFO
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2018

“Solid Product for Even Novice Troubleshooters”

ProsTutorials are very informative and thorough...complete with illustrations which, when coupled with the sleek graphical interface, walk you through operating the product and understanding the results.
ConsCost is a bit high, but other than that, I would say they are a little vague on the significance of selecting the appropriate targets and quantity thereof for the task at hand.
December 8, 2018
Petra H.
Business Systems Analyst
Education Management, 201-500 employees
November 29, 2018

“Clean, real-time review.”

ProsWe got this software to trace issues between our hosting service and the office. The way the average over time data was represented, next to the moment-by-moment data, really helped explain exactly where and when the issues were happening.
ConsSo far, having to explain to people what the different statistics mean.
November 29, 2018
Joseph T.
Network Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Excellent Product”

OverallWe are currently using Ping Plotter to troubleshoot a very critical customer issue. I am currently in communication with my management to purchase a few licenses. If possible is there a way I can download and use another copy of the trial?
ProsI like the ease of use and ability to ping multiple end devices.
ConsThe short review time of the trial version of the software.
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Must have networking tool”

OverallI'm using PingPlotter on a Mac very often, it helps to spot where networking issue are on the entire path from source to destination. Very easy and visual
ProsEasy to use and spot network error in minutes !
ConsThe free version is too limited, you will switch to paid version very quickly
September 6, 2018
Yasaru D.
Network Admin
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees
July 5, 2019

“Highly recommend for Network Admins”

ProsPing and tracing to the destination and we can see packet losses in each ip in path of trace.
ConsDrafts and report generating should be improved
July 5, 2019
Jeff K.
IT Director
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
May 28, 2019

“Excellent Tool”

Pros I have used this tool since around 2002. It has always been solid and gives an excellent graph of the data collected.
ConsNone that I have encountered.
May 28, 2019
Kevin K.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2018

“Excellent product. It was very helpful in allowing us to determine source of problem”

ProsIt allowed us to identify the source of packet loss and what we needed to do to resolve an issue with phone calls dropping in and out on our VOIP system.
ConsNone. I did not experience any problems with using this software. The review is causing more frustration than using the product.
April 10, 2018
soojong y.
network technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
October 1, 2018

“easy to see the specipic IP address range speed and status with one picture”

OverallThis is very easy to use and show status on the screen with tangible picture.
ProsThis tool is helping to check certain range of IP addresses status with one picture directly.
ConsIf possible, show to the customer on the screen which packet made a issue^^
Oliver R.
Senior Developer
October 20, 2017

“Great for tracing down internet issues and using as evidence to ISP”

OverallTracking down and reporting issues to my ISP
ProsIt is really easy to use, the UI / UX is neat and intuitive and I can quickly and easy diagnose issues with my internet. My primary use case is to look for internet related issues if I am experiencing issues gaming and using the data when communicating the issues to my ISP.
ConsI really wish there was a buy once option and not only subscriptions. It is used to infrequently to warrant spending a monthly installment for the odd occasion
October 20, 2017
Carlos D.
Systems Analyst
Education Management, 51-200 employees
May 15, 2019

“Very good tool for troubleshooting network issues”

OverallWe experiment to diagnose problems in the use of the bandwidth between main office and our branches offices, all connected over a MPLS network. Results, together with the information in the site help us to detect loss of packages when overusing the bandwidth and justify the need for an increasing it.
ProsVery intuitive user interface Timeline graph that permits to evaluate behaviour patterns over the time Possibility of record the adquired information for future evaluation Concise and useful information provided on the site Do that what is expected
ConsDid not permit to adjust the focus area in the graph
May 15, 2019
Joy R.
Security Engineer
Machinery, 201-500 employees
August 31, 2018

“Best Troubleshooting Tool”

ProsPingPlotter is very easy to use. It is the first tool I have used that quickly and easily pinpointed where my network issues were.
ConsI had no issues with the tool it did exactly what I expected it to
August 31, 2018
mark w.
Principal Technical Services Specialist
February 13, 2018

“Very powerful troubleshooting and monitoring tool, useful for routes to different IP's”

OverallBeing able to monitor multiple hosts at the same time for reachability during a complex routing change is invaluable
ProsThe thing I like most is the ability look back over a period of time to look at any routing changes that might have occurred overnight or over the weekend
ConsI think it would be good to have a multiple logins available with a customer view from a web page so that you could customise ping plotter for different customers for devices they would like to check the status of
February 13, 2018
Nic L.
Network Administrator
September 18, 2017

“Great software, love, love love it.”

ProsEasy to use, easy to install, works wonderfully. Cheap for what it does. Allowed to install on multiple devices if needed (for the same user).
ConsI do not have any complaints about this software other than it's hard to use when people block ICMP on their networks.
September 18, 2017
Tim B.
Automotive, Self-employed
June 27, 2019

“Covers all the bases”

ProsHelpful in discovering network issues when transitioning service providors. Ease of use, starts and runs automatically.
ConsHaving to wait for count down to start the program.
June 27, 2019
Murtaza A.
Ops manager
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2018

“Fantastic tool”

ProsEasy to set up and identify issues on the network. I was able to isolate the packet loss to a port issue on the switch!
Consa little clunky visually but you can work around it
December 7, 2018
ulises m.
developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2018

“ intuitive and functional”

Overall easy and clean analysis of the behavior of the network
ProsEasy to use, graphically easy to understand, possibility of exporting information, handling alerts, web server autentificacion, web server configuration port, alerts in email, alerts library
Conssome information display options can not be customized (like excluid days or hours in graph time ), some bugs that caused falls
May 22, 2018
Mark H.
M.D.
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
January 31, 2018

“I was tuned on to this product when I was having problems with the virtual bicycle app called Zwift.”

OverallWas able to get new router from ATT
ProsIt allowed me to track ping times and make a case to ATT that their service was routinely having ping times >50ms which was causing me to drop out of games
ConsWould like to see historical data clearer. Difficult to track ping times after they have left the screen. I would like to upload data so better able to show technician. Instead I did screen shot grabs
January 31, 2018
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2019

“PingPlotter”

OverallI loved it. I have used multiple tools for troubleshooting problems in the networks, but this one is pretty good for people that like to see what's going on.
ProsI love the tools it provides. You can do traceroutes and pings simply from your command prompt, but PingPlotter allows the user to have visuals... plus, it's shareable.
ConsThere's very little help on understanding what the tools mean. If a user doesn't understand how the traceroute works, they may misinterpret what they're seeing. They could be seeing an issue when, in fact, there isn't really one.
September 24, 2019
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
March 1, 2019

“Great program”

OverallI like it so much.
Prosthat's a really great program, resolve all of my problems.
ConsI don't know, i think there is no problems with this software.
March 1, 2019
Sunil V.
engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 6, 2018

“Easy to use”

ProsEasy to use. Haven't see the network glitch, so far.
ConsTrial version should be for 45 days. I'll update the review after one more week of review
August 6, 2018
Shaun K.
Network Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
February 5, 2018

“Amazing and very helpful in a pinch”

OverallI have been able to discover network paths in our complex network in an incredibly short amount of time.
ProsThe ease of use and understanding of how to run a trace. I am able to use Ping Plotter on a daily basis to discover traces and packet loss in our complex network. This product has an extreme ease of use and is wonderful to use for quick traces.
February 5, 2018
Sebastian B.
Employee
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
April 30, 2019

“Good tool, but a bit expensive”

Prosthe simple visualization, time line, that you can test different URLs at the same time
Consnot much help for interpreting the results
April 30, 2019
Umer L.
IT Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
April 1, 2019

“Wonderful”

ProsTests are wonderful, it is wonderful to use this software
ConsNothing, Tests are wonderful, it is wonderful to use this software
April 1, 2019
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 2, 2018

“Gave me the full view of my complicated network topography”

ProsEasy to use, I managed to set install it and was up and running within a few minutes only. Strong Graphics. Easy to trace any network defect.
ConsNothing so far. I can really recommend the PingPlotter. Maybe its a bit expensive, but taking advantage of the offerings available should make the cost reasonable.
February 2, 2018