Kintone Ratings

Overall

About Kintone

To code or not to code--it¿s up to you. Build customized enterprise apps in Kintone for you and your team that you can view from anywhere with our full-featured mobile & desktop applications. Automate any workflow you have, whether it¿s a simple data upload process or a multi-step project with dozens of coworkers and vendors. Our drag-and-drop interface lets you build applications specifically for your needs in minutes. And the best part? You can make as many of them as you want. Learn more about Kintone

February 13, 2019

“The People make the Product”

OverallTransitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.
ProsThe support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.
ConsChallenging to use and learn. Lack of comprehensive tutorials. I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
February 13, 2019
Kimberly G.
August 20, 2019

“Kintone Makes Reports Easy”

OverallThe data allows me to understand our target audience and see when the dynamics of our audience change over time. For example, we always assumed that 90 percent or more of our audience was low income. Now that we have more data entered into Kintone, I see that our audience is 80 percent low income. This reflects the shift in our local population, but it wasn't until we had more data in Kintone that I could see our assumption was wrong.
ProsIt's a comprehensive database that helps me wrote reports to funders. It allows me to customize the data I collect and easily make changes as needed.
ConsI wish there was an app that I could easily use on my phone in the field without having to use the desktop version.

By Kintone on August 23, 2019
Hi Kimberly, Thank you for your feedback! We've been making some major updates to our Kintone mobile app since the beginning of the year. This will allow you to work on your phone from anywhere. It is available in both Google Play and the IOS store. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2018

“Data made easy - no experience necessary !”

OverallExcellent ! While the self serve help center has its limitation , my overall experience is positive because when I reached out to someone in the Kintone team , I always got the answers that I was looking for.
ProsI like the fact that I was able to figure it out by myself , without the need to run to IT , as we all know that once IT is involved you usually get something that work for them and not for the end user.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike , although I would want to see a more in depth self serve help center . In the current form when you search for solutions on how to solve a problem ( problem in terms of figuring out how to build exactly what you need, not system being down or the like) you might get lucky and find something that will help you. In my view , it would help if customer generated "help solutions" would be made available.

By Kintone on January 23, 2019
Hi Remus, Thank you very much for your review! We're always looking for new suggestions for our help center and support, so we appreciate your feedback and are happy to help any time! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 16, 2019

“Made it easy for a caveman”

OverallI am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.
ProsThe system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.
ConsMultiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hello, Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you! Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
February 16, 2019
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
May 28, 2019

“Kintone review for security services”

OverallWe needed a solution to house all of our client communication, customer contracts and unique services, equipment, billing information, CRM, document library, post inspections, and more. We are able to do all that and more and customize it exactly as we want it.
ProsThe software is customizable to any need. The apps are able to be tied together through related records which is vital to our business. There are many standard apps that can be downloaded for free and edited and/or used as a model instead of building an app from scratch. Customer service for Kintone if very responsive and able to send an app template to assist when a premade app is unavailable. The template can then be installed and customized to suit the unique needs of the user. History is tracked in each app to show the changes made over time. This is an extremely useful feature. The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to learn.
ConsI would like to be able to customize the portal and change the layout (such as move the location of the spaces and announcements). While there is a lot of information in the help section, it could be formatted in a more user-friendly format. I would like to be able to change the order in which the apps are listed in the apps section.

Thank you for your positive feedback! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
May 28, 2019

“Kintone - bringing the team together”

ProsThis software is most helpful in the way that everyone can stay connected while having clearly defined roles for each user. No one sees anything they are not supposed to see. As the administrator, I am able to see everything in one place which is tremendously valuable in how much time it saves.
ConsIt does take a lot of time to set up the software. It is very much an investment that will pay off, but you need to be ready to spend some time getting it to where you want it to be.

By Kintone on June 5, 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback! Happy to hear you are making good use of our awesome permission settings! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
Karlee C.
Community Coordinator
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

“Happy with Kintone!”

OverallKintone allows us to be as detailed and specific in capturing information as we desire to be while remaining clean & simple to use. We feel confident that we will be a more successful organization because of Kintone.
ProsThis software is completely customizable. It is easy to use & makes us feel empowered in the success of our organization.
ConsIt takes some additional steps to get all of reporting done than the site we used previously. However, the detailed information we are capturing, the customization of that information, especially the transparency of knowing exactly how that information is being captured & translated, outweighs the additional time reporting takes.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hi Karlee, Thank you for your review! Really happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have been able to accomplish with Kintone. We're glad that our platform has been able to help you grow! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
James C.
I.T Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2019

“New I.T Analyst using Kintone for about 6 months now”

OverallI've built a lot of apps for the company I'm with including a Gas Mileage Tracker App where I wrote a script that connected to Google Maps App and gave us the distance in miles and how much that was in dollars. I enjoyed it for the simplicity and how easy it was to get started building an app. Also the fact that the scripts use Javascript instead of some made up language is also good since most developers have been introduced to either Javascript or Java by now.
ProsI like how easy it is to use and learn and set everything up. One of the advantages I think it has over most of the products in the same line, is how easy it is to set up process management and to assign roles to everyone on the team. For newer companies without anyone that's tech suave, I would definitely recommend Kintone!
ConsCompared to other Services like Zoho Creator, there really is not much room for customization in the apps and the fact that you have to use another service to generate forms to input into the database is also bad because if you are not a user with Kintone, then the data cannot be accessed.

By Kintone on August 23, 2019
Hi James, Thank you for your feedback! With our open API's, the customization possibilities are endless to transform your apps. I'd be happy to connect you with a Sales Engineer to review any requirements you have in more detail. There are a couple of options to display your data to those not inside Kintone. You can purchase a Guest Account which allows users to access a specific Space in which they were invited to and view the data from there. There is also an add-on called kViewer that allows you to display information inside Kintone with those outside of Kintone via a URL. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
Darryl C.
Sr. Operations Mgr
Facilities Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Kintone Ease of Use ”

OverallManagement of rotations of equipment to be sent for kitting program
ProsI'm a manager and I'm not in the system daily. The ease of use for me to access and have a dash board with all of my info. The dashboard lets me review the required data without having to reapply my search parameters. Also, finding new info or updating my dashboard is simple.
ConsNothing found as of yet. If something occurs I will reach out to Kintone

By Kintone on August 23, 2019
Hi Darryl, Thank you for your feedback! The Announcement section of portal home makes it easy to keep up to date on all your information. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
August 20, 2019

“Database Management made easy”

OverallWe are able to track SO MUCH data because of Kintone. I have charts, graphs and more because of Kintone.
ProsI love that a total novice can use this and be successful in handling a lot of data.
ConsI wish there were a few more ways to manipulate the data within the Kintone program. Like moving the apps to a different order rather than just the newest apps first.

By Kintone on August 23, 2019
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear Kintone is helping you easily track all of your data! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
Betsey T.
Network Administrator
Wine and Spirits, 51-200 employees
November 7, 2018

“Great process management software”

OverallWe picked this software in order to fix a paper based process that had gone wrong After we made the first application we've made 30 more for different processes in our company. I can't say enough good things about the software and how it has helped our company.
ProsUser friendly GUI Easy learning curve for programming Notifications Process management Great support Adaptability
ConsThere is nothing that we dislike currently

By Kintone on January 8, 2019
Hi Betsey, Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear about all the apps you've developed and how Kintone has worked for you! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Philipp S.
Head of Finance and Administration
April 23, 2018

“Great software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization ”

ProsVery easy to develop forms and workflows. User driven. Allows to deploy apps fast and supports quick changes based on user needs.
ConsThe mobile version needs improvement and is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. A better mobile version would greatly add to the overall value of the software.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Thanks for the review! I will pass on your feedback about our mobile app. We are currently in Beta testing for Kintone Roam, a new version of our mobile app. This new app is intended for in-the-field Kintone users. If you'd like to check it out, please email support@kintone.com.
Sean R.
Web Administrator, IT Support, Graphic Designer
July 19, 2018

“Kintone simplifies data management at the cost of some functionality”

OverallKintone has drastically improved our non-profit organization's ability to collect and manage data. An NPO lives and dies on the accuracy of its data. With Kintone, we are better able to present the effectiveness of our services to potential donors and grantors, improving our ability to earn more and better grants, leading to better services for our clients.
ProsIt is incredibly simple and fast to get a new app built and launched. Some of the smaller ones go from idea to launch in a matter of minutes. These are programs that would have taken hours or days to develop in Microsoft Access.
ConsThere is some basic functionality that I expect in any database or data management software that Kintone lacks. For instance, the ability to have a drop-down menu that also allows for a user-typed input (what Access calls a combo-box). If this existed in Kintone, it would help me to simplify a great many apps.

By Kintone on August 1, 2018
Hi Sean, So happy to hear Kintone has been a success for your NPO! As far as the product features, I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the team for review. In the meantime, there is always the option for customization within your domain. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to review. Just email support@kintone.com. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
July 19, 2018
Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
April 23, 2018

“Makes managing data "manageable" for the non-IT employees”

ProsMost functions are easy to use . Easy to create your own database from scratch or by migrating data from various files. Love the fact that I was able to add 1 user at a time - allowing me time to learn and pass on some knowledge to the next user . The ability to link multiple apps thru very useful functions ( lookup ) works perfect for me
ConsOnline support ( help ) - very limited - when trying to find some guidance on how to set up your "newly invented " app , if you search the HELP or "google it" you will not get many answers or very well explained answers.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Hi Remus! We are currently updating all of our help materials and would love to hear any specific feedback you have. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to support@kintone.com if you ever need assistance. Our team would love to review your apps!
Barry S.
Adjunct Faculty
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
April 20, 2018

“Excellent drag and drop database builder”

OverallI liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization.
ProsWhat I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable
ConsI think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.
Textiles, 51-200 employees

“PHENOMENAL PRODUCT!”

OverallTONS. We originally started using Kintone to develop a Supplier Portal for our international suppliers. This is currently in use. We are now working to develop a portal for our design and sales department - housing the core processes of our custom manufacturing operation.
ProsIt's flexibility, ease-up use, and because I'm a database nerd - the database on the back-end is setup exceptionally well. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT structure and overall product.
ConsThere really isn't anything to NOT like about this software. I do see some areas of potential however - for instance - maybe adding a matrix feature in the app dev part. But nothing to complain of.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad to hear you are expanding your Kintone use throughout your company. Let us know if there is any way we can help as you onboard your new users.
Troy S.
Plant Supervisor
Food Production, 51-200 employees
June 3, 2019

“Kintone Support / Ease of use”

OverallVery good experience. I recommend this software to everyone. If you are looking for paperless and an increase in productivity when it comes to entering data.
ProsThe support is very good. The software has made things a lot easier and faster for our production floor. The apps are easily built to our needs.
ConsAbility to organize Apps in Categories.

By Kintone on July 26, 2019
Hi Troy, Thank you for your great review! Very happy to hear about all the great work you've been able to accomplish with Kintone, and our team is always glad to help if you need any further support! Feel free to reach out to us anytime! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Michael D.
IT Consultant / Client Services / Volunteer at Christmas Unlimited, Inc.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2019

“Easy Setup for a non-Techie”

OverallI chose Kintone because the sales rep was so much more involved and helpful than any of the other products I was considering. She was able to get me up and running with the free trial in less than an hour. Kintone really is easy to use. And even though I had a few roadblocks during the setup, I was able to find the answers online or through Customer Support. And the fact that Kintone is a database as opposed to most CRMs that are built for the sales team, I was able to build the solution I need.
ProsKintone is easy to use. I was able to get it up and running in less than an hour (although it took several more tweaks to the setup before I had it working the way I wanted). Customer Support is excellent as well.
ConsWhile many parts of the software are well-designed and look really good, there are parts of the software (like the Admin section) that look older and could use a re-design.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hi Michael, Really glad to hear you've been loving Kintone! As you mentioned, anyone can create a build on Kintone that works for them. Our team appreciates the feedback as well! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need help with anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
May 1, 2018

“Excellent tools”

ProsIs a tool that allows me a much faster work than normal, I recommend 100%, does not need any type of update or changes, because it is an excellent application, recommended.
ConsI do not have any type of complaint regarding this application because it has an excellent performance, I recommend it to all

By Kintone on June 4, 2018
Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback.
May 1, 2018
1001-5000 employees
February 8, 2018

“Kintone helps make our teamwork more productive and gives us power to manage our business. ”

ProsKintone makes any business better by allowing self-designed business processes. Everything is built & nested within our collaborative work-space leading to a lead in proficiency. It's also extremely easy to use to stay on top of key notifications throughout the day.
ConsWorkspaces you join can sometimes be cumbersome if you're accustomed to another layout but it gets easy quickly. Sharing applications & stats can sometimes take a moment to upload but only when collaborating simultaneously.
February 8, 2018
Mary Kaye W.

“Kintone Platform Review”

OverallGreat support.
ProsLove the use of plug-ins and modular programming. As a former Sr. Sys. Analyst in the utility industry, I was impressed with the ease of use of the Kintone product and the ability to come up to speed to develop a useful program.
ConsDid not find any negatives. Looking forward to the evolution of our software.
Brenden F.
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Kintone is a great platform for creating form-based apps”

OverallThey've got really good support if you've got questions, comments, or concerns. Their quote for getting more out of the software was reasonable. The pricing is great and allows non-enterprise users to access their platform.
ProsKintone offers a lot of functionality where you have form-based processes. It allows you to capture meaningful data from forms, create specific permissions all the way down to specific fields, create lots of apps, and generate reports from data fields. It was pretty easy to pick up on how to do everything we wanted and didn't cause a lot of brain damage on figuring out the platform.
ConsYou can't set permissions for tables within forms. We got a quote from them to do this, but for our client it wasn't going to be worth it.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hi Brendan, Thank you for your review! Very happy to hear that you and your company have been using Kintone's features to the fullest! Our support team really appreciates your feedback as well; don't hesitate to reach out at any time if you need help! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Daniel R.
Computer Operator - GTS, Solutions, Del & Transf
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
May 2, 2018

“Excellent Tool, productive and power for business”

ProsExcellent aplication to teamwork more productive and gives us power to manage our business. 100% effective
ConsI no have cons to this aplication because i increase productive in work, and is a grear software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization
May 2, 2018
Robert A.
February 19, 2019

“Kintone - A Database for Everyone”

OverallWe are able to track all our members and our donors and to keep track of ongoing projects we are working on. The software allows us to easily collaborate together as a team, as well.
ProsI find the Kintone can do everything we need to do as a small to medium size non-profit. It scales down to our needs. It is easy to use and set up and technical support so far has been fantastic - both friendly and very helpful.
ConsAt the moment - I really can't think of anything I dislike about the software. It's really such a joy to use this software, I have no negative feedback at this point. But I've only been using the software for about a month, so perhaps over time, I'll be aware of aspects of the software that could be improved.

By Kintone on March 8, 2019
Hi Robert, So happy to hear you're loving Kintone! As you mentioned, Kintone can be customized and scaled to fit any size organization. Our team really appreciates your feedback too! We're happy to help whenever we can! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
February 19, 2019
katie o.
Conservation Coordinator
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Kintone is life”

ProsKintone allows me to keep track of my data in a user-friendly, organized way! I really enjoy the ease of Kintone.
ConsNothing, Kintone is a great app that anyone can use to easily keep track of data.

By Kintone on March 8, 2019
Hi Katie, Very happy to hear you're loving Kintone!! Thank you for your review and please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you ever need help! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
February 22, 2019
11-50 employees
April 20, 2018

“Easy to use no code database platform for a nonprofit. We use it to track services and share data.”

OverallEasy to set up and share information. Being abe to attach files to records is great. Best are the analytics - other online databases we used did not crealize charts or pivot tables. Exportability. We are able to share data and staff can use the easy tools to create their own reports.
ProsAnalysis capacity. I can create pivot tables and sumary reports easily. Allows our staff to look at data without relying on Evaluation or tech department support
ConsNothing really. Only things I would like would be ability to run video files and preview all file attachments in the site, not just download to view.

By Kintone on May 25, 2018
Thank you for your feedback! I would like to mention the Box Plug-in we have available. This plug-in allows you to preview documents and watch videos within your app without having to download the file. All you need is Kintone, a Box account, and the plug-in information provided below. Don't hesitate to contact support@kintone.com if you have any questions! Box Plug-in: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us/articles/212495198-Box
David L.
Board Member
Veterinary, 1-10 employees

“Customizable and Powerful”

OverallMy experience has been very positive. Customer service has been amazing and I've been able to reduce a lot of paperwork that's done manually.
ProsStarted off by drawing out what I needed for a pet management system. There are a lot out there that don't do everything we needed but did a lot of each specific category. We have now customized and created databases to track our cats (we're a cat rescue), their statuses, any medical visits and costs, and our donors, adopters and fosters. We're only a month in! Hopefully, we can continue to move our paper processes to Kintone. Also, customer service has been amazing. I spent some time on a conference call with the reps and we were able to get through all my questions.
ConsI can't honestly think of anything I don't like. Maybe convincing everyone to start using it to track everything.
Kat H.
Corporate Records Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
June 7, 2019

“Kintone is the answer you seek!”

OverallBasic user still designing processes and workflows to enter into Kintone. Excited about what else it may be able to help us with and expand to other departments!
ProsVery easy to use; can pretty much do anything we need. Great community that shares info and customer support is great. Best option for non-profits!
ConsBecause it can do ANYTHING, it is sometimes hard to figure out where to begin. Play around a little and you will get it, though.

By Kintone on July 26, 2019
Hi Kat, Thank you for your great review!! We're so happy to hear that you've built so much in the platform, and we're excited to see how you further develop your solution! Our team really appreciates the feedback as well--please don't hesitate to reach out to us anytime if there's anything else we can help you with! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
ROBIN L L.
Co founder
June 1, 2019

“Great Support! ”

OverallGreat business support. Their team understands our needs quickly and are super helpful in figuring out solutions that work.
ProsDown flexibility to turn it into a very customized product.
ConsFlexibility and customization come with challenges in learning how things work.

By Kintone on June 5, 2019
Hi Robin, Thank you for the positive feedback! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
June 1, 2019
Cody A.
Insurance Agent
Insurance, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2018

“Very hands on customer service. ”

OverallAn easy to access database. I could never complain about Kintone. The customer service is great and hands on.
ProsThe versatility of the software is great and is easy to access and I really like it a lot it is my favorite database software
ConsThe readability isn't the best sometimes it's hard to use the search function because it takes into account all instances of the keyword instead of just the name.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Hi Cody! Thank you for your kind words! I'd be happy to pass on your feedback about the search function.
April 17, 2018
Justin D.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“AMAZING”

OverallThis program is amazing! Our office grew extremely fast and ran into a problem of organization and remembering things that needed done. We customized and made apps from scratch to remind us of tasks and customer calls that needed returned. WE even use it for time off requests and receipt/expense tracking. Kintone made us boost our customer service exponentially by making much for efficient. Thanks Kintone!
ProsEverything. Love the ability to customize apps from scratch to help our business.
ConsThe mobile app is a little clunky and visually not too appealing. It still works well though!

By Kintone on February 28, 2019
Hi Justin, Thank you very much for your review! We're really happy to hear about all the ways Kintone has been able to work for you and your office! Our team is always available to assist you if you need it! As for our mobile app, we're preparing to launch some big updates, and I'll reach out to you when we're ready! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Tara S.
Executive Dirctor
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2019

“Super easy to use and great support!”

OverallI like the ease of use and our gadgeteer is awesome! He is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with - always willing to help. Thank you!
ProsIt was user friendly, can do most of what we need using this software. We have built many apps by just spending small amount of time learning and exploring.
ConsWish there were more video tutorials but it is fairly simple if you play around a little bit.

By Kintone on July 26, 2019
Hi Tara, Thank you for your great review! We're really glad to hear about all the apps you've built and we'll be sure to relay your message to Tim! We also appreciate the feedback regarding our video tutorials. You can check out our help center, tips and tricks blog, and YouTube channel for more videos, but we are constantly looking to improve the resources we offer for our users, so feel free to let us know anytime if there's anything else we can do to improve! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
William B.
Intern
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
October 26, 2018

“Perfect for NPOs/Small Business”

ProsIt's ability to connect record data within an app with another record in another app. (Primary and Foreign keys in databases)
ConsTiny inconveniences, stuff like the lack of a quick way to enter a DOB into a date field; stuck having to scroll by months. A quick fix is to simply enter the DOB in the accepted format.

By Kintone on November 1, 2018
Hi William, Thanks so much for your feedback! Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
October 26, 2018
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
April 23, 2018

“Awesome customer service, great at reaching out and onboarding. Very good experience.”

OverallI love it, put us all on the same page.
ProsKintone can be as much as you want it to be. We had a need for a scaled down solution for CRM and project management. Works perfect for what we needed.
ConsNot much I don't like, very flexible and easy to create solutions for our user base for the actual needs they have and not what they don't need.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
So glad to hear you're loving Kintone! With a 900 app limit, the possibilities are endless.
Lou K.
I.T. Systems Manager, La Crosse Library & Network Systems Director, Winding Rivers Library System
Libraries, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2018

“Kintone allowed our staff to develop custom databases to easily fit our budget and needs. ”

OverallEase of use, low training costs.
ProsWe like both the ease of use, customer service, and updated tips and tricks they customer support team send to us.
ConsThe software is really great, however I wish we could display some of the databases as if they were on their own web page, instead of logging into the main portal. For how we are using it, it does the trick, and easily.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
Hi Lou! So glad to hear you're loving those Tips & Trick videos. Let us know if you have any specific topics you'd like us to cover and we'd be happy to create! I did want to let you know you can bookmark specific App or Space URLs so your team can quickly access them without having to go to the main portal first.
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
February 12, 2019

“A great flexible platform for growing teams”

ProsThe ease of use and flexibility is incredibly helpful. It has allowed us to start with our initial use case and grow into a complex environment that works across our teams. We've been able to use the platform for knowledge retention and automation of workflows.
ConsOne use case that is a bit disappointing is the need to pay for additional guest accounts. When a use case requires someone to access an extremely limited amount of information, it's difficult to justify the cost of those additional licenses.

By Kintone on February 28, 2019
Hi there, Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback! Our team is happy to hear about how your company has been able to integrate Kintone into your day to day operations, and we're always happy to help if you need it! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Chidi Emmanuel N.
Business Development/Marketing Executive
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2018

“Kintone Review”

OverallBusiness Automation made Easy!
ProsThis software allows the easy customization of business automation systems with ease without necessarily having any background in software design or coding. Once you can think of what you want from tan application for your business, you can have it made through the Kintone platform.
ConsThere is no actual cons to the application except that the initial overview of the software might seem overwhelming but once you get the hang of the software and how to work it, the rest is a breeze!

By Kintone on January 24, 2019
Hi Chidi, Thank you for review! We're happy to hear that you've been utilizing Kintone and its customization to the fullest for your business! We always encourage our users to experiment with the platform as much as possible! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
November 16, 2018
Lou K.
Libraries, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“Kintone Saves Us Time and Money”

OverallVery good. Support can be slow to respond sometimes, but overall it's a great product and we are happy.
ProsEase of Use. We can create our own flexible databases in minutes, literally minutes.
ConsSome of our basic users wished the reporting was easier to use. Our power users found it very easy to work with, as did our I.T. dept.

By Kintone on March 8, 2019
Hi Lou, Thank you for your review! Glad to hear how Kintone has been working for you and your company. Our team really appreciates the feedback as well! We're always happy to help so please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
February 20, 2019
Caleb K.
professor
Research, 1001-5000 employees
October 8, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallWe used this software for case management services. All managers love this program due to its easy management program.
ProsEasy to learn and use this program -- Kintone is easy to use, modify and revise the functions to keep a project alive.
ConsFor the last two years, we did not find any issue of using this program. All functions and programs were great for managing a project.
October 8, 2019
Jennifer K.
Administrator
Construction, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Receommended Code Free Database Integration Software”

ProsThis software easily integrates excel spreadsheets and no code apps. This has allowed our organization the ability to streamline work flow & processes.
ConsWhile I am still learning the ins and outs of the many aspects of the software, I have been least satisfied with the group functionality of the software. I have attempted group set ups & have had access granted and restricted where it was unintended.

By Kintone on February 28, 2019
Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback! As you mentioned, our software excels in integrating spreadsheets and streamlining your workflows, and we're happy to hear you've been using it to the fullest. We're always happy to help out if you need it! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Elizabeth L.
Chair
November 6, 2018

“Not for Profit Database Use”

OverallI think the most important for us is the customer service. They don't treat me any different than a larger company and everyone is considerate, clear speaking and knowledgeable. Mot databases are pretty much the same when using it on a small scale so I went with the fantastic client service and the affordable price point for our little non-profit food shelf.
ProsThe price point is exceptional and made it affordable for our small town food shelf . We use it to track donations and for fundraising. It user friendly and has saved me at lot of time. It converts easily back and forth between Kintone and MS Excel which is exactly what I needed. Thanks Kintone!
ConsMy fellow board members found it a little clunky being so familiar with excel.

By Kintone on January 7, 2019
Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for your feedback and we're happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have accomplished with Kintone! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
November 6, 2018
Robert P.
April 21, 2018

“Kintone experience has been wonderful overall”

OverallBetter reporting and control over our data..also allows us to plan better
ProsI enjoy the control it affords to the user and the fact that is available on multiple platforms. It is also easy to train staff that are using the software.
ConsAt times it was challenging to develop the reports I need but as I learn more that is less and less of an issue

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
So glad to hear you were able to get your staff up and running easily! If you ever have any questions regarding reporting, don't hesitate to reach out to support@kintone.com. We'd be happy to help!
April 21, 2018
David C.
Case Manager
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Kintone provides a powerful yet easy solution long over ”

OverallEasy creation and deployment of relational database and task management apps.
ProsThe ease of creating apps is great. Plus the feature to customize with javascript and css plugins is very useful making for a powerful tool set.
ConsIt would be nice for the support and knowledge base to have a library of "how to" videos that I could share with users.

By Kintone on May 1, 2018
David, thank you for the feedback! I did want to let you know we now have monthly live training sessions just for our customers. These are recorded and can be found on our YouTube channel here: https://bit.ly/2jkipaU We also have mini training videos posted monthly on our blog. We'd love for you to check those out and share with your team!
Steve M.
Programmer
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Cloud based solution”

ProsThis is a cloud based solution, which allows one to create applications without coding knowledge. Support is top notch.
ConsThere is need for comprehensive tutorials, videos also.

By Kintone on July 26, 2019
Hi Steve, Thank you for your review! Our team really appreciates the feedback, and we are currently working to further improve our help resources for our users. In the meantime, please feel free to check out our help center, tips and tricks blog, and customer training videos YouTube channel for both written and video tutorials. If there's anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out anytime! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
June 4, 2019
Shingo I.
Industrial Automation, 51-200 employees
June 11, 2019

“Not for project management, Good for routine work”

Overallfirst impression was very good because so easy to set up but after few months later I realize there is not flexibility.
ProsSuper easy to use. very good for routine work
ConsNot for complicate process like each project has individual unique process.

By Kintone on August 23, 2019
Hi Shingo, Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear about your ease of use with Kintone! Process management features for project management can be set to show different steps depending on the criteria entered to your form. This will allow you to customize the steps depending on the projects needs. I'd be happy to connect you with someone from the team to review more. Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success
June 11, 2019
Manon Z.
Studio Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
February 15, 2019

“Great customizable and affordable software for a Non-Profit Organization”

OverallAs a non-profit yoga organization with over 130 teachers and 80 locations, Kintone helps us to manage and standardize our teacher and location information.
ProsI love how customizable it is for any use.
ConsWhen editing a line in a view, the column width expands from the width I set it to and and it is hard to see all of the columns. Similarly, formulas will not show.

By Kintone on March 7, 2019
Hi Manon, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you've been customizing Kintone to its fullest! If you ever need help, please feel free to reach out to us at any time. Always happy to help! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Nicole C.
Surveyor
May 30, 2018

“Very user-friendly program with an abundance of options”

ProsI like this software because there are so many options to customize it to your own needs. Additionally, figuring out how to make your own changes is so easy.
ConsI haven't figured out how to be able to pull metrics, such as when easy user has logged in or how many times a record has been viewed.

By Kintone on June 4, 2018
Hi Nicole! Thank you for your feedback. Reporting on record views or logins will require a bit of customization. I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to discuss your requirements further. Please forward your request to support@kintone.com and I will connect you.
May 30, 2018
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
March 20, 2018

“Good for most”

ProsEasy to pick up. We have been able to very quickly build very exciting apps four our business. The interface is not very intimidating to non-technical users
ConsAlong with the ease of use, there are somewhat of a frustration to more tech-savvy people trying to build very specific functionality into the apps. There may be more suitable solutions out there for this functionality
March 20, 2018
caleb k.
PI
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
February 12, 2019

“Full functions with easy management”

ProsKinton has diverse functions for managing data
ConsI do not have any issues of using Kintone in managing my project.

By Kintone on February 28, 2019
Hi Caleb, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear about how Kintone has been working for you and are always available to lend a hand if you need it! Best, Kevin Kintone Customer Success
Nancy G.
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed

“Best option for us”

ProsNumber one would be the customer service. The response time is quick, the rep is more than willing to help solve problems or help set up custom designs. Customization is awesome, I've only found one data entry that can't be customized and it's a small thing. It makes sense, the software is highly user friendly.
ConsThere is no calendar that can be used to show appointments, case dates, deadlines. Other than that, it does everything else.

By Kintone on June 5, 2019
Hi Nancy, Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We have a native view that will display details on a calendar based on a given date in your record. We also have a plugin, called Calendar Blocks, that can act as a calendar as well. You can check out the Calendar Blocks add-on and more here: https://www.kintone.com/add-ons/ Best, Larissa Kintone Customer Success