Ecwid Ratings

Overall

About Ecwid

Ecwid is a hosted cloud commerce platform used by over 1 million merchants in 175 countries and offers the easiest way to add an online store to any website, social site or multiple sites simultaneously. With Ecwid, you get everything you need to start selling online in minutes. Easily embedded into any web presence and leading POS systems, you can market, merchandise and sell products and services with mobile management and point-of-sale integration anywhere at any time. Learn more about Ecwid

Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 13, 2019

“Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.”

OverallOne of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.
ProsOne of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.
ConsI have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.
April 13, 2019
Paul K.
November 13, 2017

“Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent.”

OverallThe Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team. I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.
ProsThe Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market. Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand. Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server. ~~~~ Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)
ConsI can only find one bugaboo with the software platform: Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders come by First Class mail, so they naturally do not have tracking but only dispatch dates which I also copy/paste to customers. ~~~~ Not sure if it is because I am fully up and running the online business with the Ecwid Store, or there has been an actual drop in the amount of work on the part of Ecwid to provide me with helps, tips and business advice through their blog posts. But I have noticed a marked decline in the once plethora of insightful help the Ecwid blogs had been providing me. ~~~~ All in all, I am quite happy with what Ecwid provides in both the store software platform and with their blogs in the help in getting me up and running.
Paul K.
Manager/Webmaster
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
October 28, 2016

“Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time.”

OverallEcwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on what store I could move to. His immediate response was Ecwid. Without much research into it--with complete faith in his insistent recommendation--I made the move and installed the store myself into my recently upgraded to Joomla site. The initial installation and upgrade to the VENTURE plan went like a breeze. I did everything myself without the help of anyone but occasional Ecwid support for minor issues. I connected to both PayPal and Authorize.Net payment methods quite easily. Our store was quickly up and running. All along the way as our business proceeded, the Ecwid Blog anticipated our need by providing tips and insight to not only their own store, but also landing page optimization, advertising budgeting and withstanding price undercutting by competition. At first my business expertise was only my own instincts. Then my expertise was from classroom sessions by startup organizations. These startup sessions were broad and rarely tailored specifically to my needs. The Ecwid Blog Emails in my Inbox are very appropriate and timely next-steps for me to take to improve in some very specific ways the standing of our business. Even when I am busy, I look forward to reading them when they come to see what next I can improve, so I can put that step into my schedule. Thank you Ecwid for such a wonderful and versatile platform, and also the business assistance along the way. My `not perfect' score for Ease of Use is because I did not take a look and observe the effect of a parameter change I made before going on to another setting. My fault, not Ecwid's. A couple of months ago we upgraded to the BUSINESS plan in order to separate the sales of our two inventory locations, New Zealand and the USA. The stock is relatively infinite in New Zealand, but we were frequently overselling our limited USA stock because both locations were shown as infinite to our customers. Thank you Ecwid custom development for separating our inventories shown to our customers.
October 28, 2016
Latresse R.
August 8, 2019

“Easy to Use and Fully Functional!”

OverallI've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.
ProsEasy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.
ConsI'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.
August 8, 2019
Vlad B.
Designer, entrepreneur
Design, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“Best and cheapest e-commerce for beginners and startups ”

OverallI've been using Ecwid for about 2 years already and I can say that it's one of the best solutions for e-commerce that you can find. It has some reasonable prices if not free, if you're selling up to 10 products. For startups like me having no fees for few products was a God send. The interface and set up is one of the fastest and easiest to get accustomed to. They've also improved many features in these years, with better UI, payment gateways, taxes, multi language, Encription, Invoices, notification e-mails and so on. To be honest it's almost on par with Shopify and probably if they continue to improve the visual customisation might become one of the best out there. The only drawback so far is the level of visual customisation they offer through their interface, so that you customise the colors, buttons and so on with the rest of your website. Now you do most of the stuff through CSS, although they have also some 3rd party add-ons to make visual adjustments faster, but still, I'd like something integrated and less time consuming to make my website look as one. Once they solve this issue, I think they'll cut a big share of what Shopify is now. Give Ecwid a try as it's worth every penny.
ProsFlexibility and reliability.
ConsCustomisation in visual terms.
Recommendations to other buyersBuild your own customisation tool so that it's easier for clients to integrate the shop into their website visual palette and style.
Josh S.
Media and Communications Minister
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2018

“A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products”

OverallThis gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.
ProsWe used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.
ConsThere was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.
December 7, 2018
Simone C.
Managing Director
October 23, 2016

“Fantastic Shopping Cart”

OverallWhen offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back! Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers. New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.
ProsVery clean, intuitive interface.
ConsToo few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.
Recommendations to other buyersTheir free forever plan is a fantastic way to get started, so you can try it and see if it is for you without any time restraints. I started with that, and moved to a paid plan a number of months later.
October 23, 2016
Alli W.
Professional Freelance Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
October 21, 2016

“Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless! ”

OverallI love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much! -Alli White
ProsThe pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff! The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse. The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!
ConsThe international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.
Steve M.
October 20, 2016

“Shopped around for an awesome shopping provider”

OverallHi, I first joined ECWID back in 2011 after shopping around and discovering their innovative approach to shopping cart software. The price is very competitive and being able to build my business across a number of different websites simultaneously by the unique ability copy and paste your shop code to any website page anywhere really won me over. Since then they have not let up with a feature set that grows and grows it seems every week. The customer service / support was always good but honestly in the last year or two has begun to astound me. My only reason for 4 stars for value for money is that some of the add-on app features that you have to pay extra for I'd like to see for free. That being said there are plenty of very very good and useful free apps. Just check out some of them out at my webstore store at www.mobilesafety.com.au :)
ProsLoading speed. Good design. Shopping cart can be respawned anywhere easily. Ease of use & features including share buttons, shipping calculated already, easy product uploads and editing etc.
ConsNeeds a free upsell app. eBay integration is not yet available for eBay Australia. I had lots of difficulty integrating with Adwords.
Mary S.
Owner/Publisher
Publishing, Self-employed
August 22, 2017

“Insane value for the price!”

OverallI can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.
ProsSo far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.
August 22, 2017
Edward C.
eCommerec Director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid”

OverallSo far so good
ProsYou can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.
ConsMost of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.
September 11, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“Great solution for setting up an online shop quickly & easily”

ProsEcwid's admin panel makes it super easy to set up an online shop. Even better, if you're already using a Wordpress site, you can quickly add that shop to your site without having to plug in any number of WooCommerce plugins and extensions that you'd need to do everything that Ecwid has already done for you. Another bonus is the ability to give clients a way to log in and manage their shop without having to log into their website. Many of my clients are way too nervous to log into their live site, but feel perfectly comfortable logging in to a more focused shop-only dashboard.
ConsEarly on, there were a few nuances I didn't like, but the service has come a long way in terms of development over the past few years, leaving me with nothing on my list of things I don't like.
August 29, 2019
Susan S.
Legal Services, Self-employed
October 22, 2016

“Highly Recommend Using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales”

OverallWe use Ecwid for our document services business. Currently, we utilize Ecwid's Store on our website and Facebook. Ecwid has helped increase our revenue by ensuring an efficient purchase experience for our customers. What is great about Ecwid is that they offer a FREE version which allows up to 2 categories and 10 products to allow your business to grow. Design is limited in FREE version. We like the SKU and description categories that help us determine our target markets. Other bonus features include setting up the automated customer notifications and various payment options which include credit cards, checks, Paypal, e-check, and several other payment options. Once you have built your customer base, you can expand to add more products and increase your sales with Ecwid's Premium version. The Premium version is packed with added benefits of automated tax at check out and adding of E-Markeplaces. While the design features are somewhat limited, the overall benefits outweigh any possible pitfalls. We highly recommend using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales.
ProsEasy to use. Great on social media and e-Marketplace.
ConsDesign options.
October 22, 2016
Hope J.
Owner/President
Food Production, 11-50 employees
October 20, 2016

“Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell”

OverallMy bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!
Prosall the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.
ConsSearching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.
Recommendations to other buyersPlan out what you want to sell, how to label it on line, and any subcategories you want before you start entering items for sale. Helps the IT staff from not repeating and fixing mistakes.
Catherine L.
Owner/Social Media Marketing
October 20, 2016

“Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator”

OverallI wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.
ProsThat is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment
ConsIf you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock. Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.
Bahaa R.
General Manager
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Ecwid Understand small businesses needs”

OverallIt is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid
Prosthe software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .
Cons1- store design and layout 2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another 3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software 4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh
November 2, 2018
Lauri R.
Business Owner
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
April 17, 2019

“A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams. ”

OverallTBA
ProsAllows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize. The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step by step directives anyone can follow, and anything I don't understand, those who solve all of our problems are spot on with your needs. I barely know what I'm saying at all and they send me to the right place. I receive instant replies, and I'm truly good to go. Ever person I contacted was just as knowledgable, kind, and helpful as the next. I don't mind paying a it more for that kindness and patience, oh that patience, and compassion. So the cost for a year of guidance and nice extras, apps, and such, especially the shopping APP, I can offer my customers. I am new and I have so much to learn yet. But I'm confident that with rep, I will share with the world. Thank you rep. I appreciate your love for everything as well.
ConsNothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.
April 17, 2019
Johan T.
IT inspirer and expert
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2017

“Ecwid have almost all you need”

OverallMy Company has sold items for some years using Ecwid, and we have 3 subscriptions (stores) running with different content.
ProsWith Ecwid I can use the software everywhere, standalone or on any web site. Its rich customization possibillities and application features makes its very useful and flexible.
ConsI miss the multilanguage features that some other competitors have on product and category level. It would be nice to have up to six languages (self defined) where one of them should be the default if the end-Customer have a language that is not defined. Multilanguage support in Ecwid is limited to Ecwids labels, and I can't specify additional language on product/category level. Second, I miss the invoice integrated option to one or more Swedish players such as There are API's to program such integration, but it would be easier if it was already pre-built.
September 19, 2017
Drew W.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
October 21, 2016

“Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform”

OverallI started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service
ProsReliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.
ConsThe only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.
Recommendations to other buyersJust like any piece of software, new can be challenging. My advice is to just start adding products, features like categories are valuable to product search, but can be implemented later.
Mr. G.
October 25, 2016

“Makes shopping cart placement on any site easy”

OverallI own a small on line store which is attached to my website on the internet I am not a website guru but can do a little design using a common web program Getting a website is the first step then you have to get a merchant bank account so people can buy things from your site and you need a service to transfer the money from their credit cards to your bank account + you have to have away for the people to put what they want to buy in a shopping cart and have a way for them to check out. It is all very confusing and for a lot of people overwhelming. With Ecwid if you have less the 10 items their service is free and there4 is enough included to open a pretty neat little store and they will handle almost any type of payment including Bank wire, any credit card, paypal currency exchange the list goes on for free They have many shipping options and they keep your client informed via e-mail and keep excellent reporting to you of all your clients purchases and their needs which saves a lot of time for other business related matters that come up everyday. They now have phone help with really great people and we all need a shopping cart in our stores anyway they have excel and transfer and quicken. Our little store added a few items and we went over the free requirement and now pay for the service which gives use the ability to provide discount coupons to our spacial customers and have sales just by creating a discount coupon and marketing it on our website, you can create any type of discount on any item for any period of time with just a few clicks it is super easy In the last few years our little store went from $600.00 per month to around $4,000.00 per month we carry less then 15 items. We believe in part by the simple design of our website and easy checkout with Ecwid We checked around and compared cost of shopping cart providers and this was very reasonable and the people really want to help you, so we would say give them a try the first 10 items are completely free to use their services and they have tons of ways for first time users to promote your store and again a lot of it is FREE
Justin L.
Marketing Operations Manager
51-200 employees
February 22, 2018

“An Excellent, Light-Weight Shopping Cart Tool”

OverallOur organization chose Ecwid after much shopping around. We needed to deploy a shopping cart quickly that would allow us to sell a handful of products. The trick for us was that we also needed to integrate the cart into our highly-customized website and into our contact database systems. Using Zapier and few small tweaks to the widget code, we were able to accomplish all of the above on schedule. It has been a wonderful tool for our needs.
ProsIncredibly intuitive and easy to use and implement. Lots of out of the box widgets, styling and customization options. An extremely good value for the money.
ConsDoes not have all the bells and whistles of a more robust shopping cart solutions, however, I think this should only be a deal breaker for larger organizations or sites that need to manage more than a couple hundred of products. I also think that some of its export functionality leaves much to be desired, namely that it doesn't include Auth.net purchase IDs in the export, but we've been able to work around it.
February 22, 2018
Bev F.
November 13, 2017

“The support/customer service is second to none”

OverallECWID tailored a code for me last year, so I could produce special discounts and this was a good experience not just for me, but more importantly for my customers. I have received many compliments on my store from my regulars.
ProsIt's simple to understand when you start, and then quick and easy to update. Sometimes there's a new technical thing I want to try and when I don't have time, I go on chat. They answer fast and have always been able to help - they know what they're talking about and make me feel valued. Also there's a lot in their app market that's really useful - integration with mail-chimp for instance, is great.
ConsNothing really. If I don't understand I go to chat and get help. The only thing would be I wish chat was available at the weekend as that's often when I have the most time to updated my services.
Michelle G.
November 20, 2017

“I have been with ECWID for 3 years now and have not one bad thing to say - they ROCK!!!”

OverallMakes my online store extremely user-friendly. I am an amateur web designer and managed to get my store up and running in 2 ticks.
ProsVery easy to use. Lots of extra add-ons to make the customer experience so much more interesting. It makes my website very user-friendly - I get a lot of feedback in that regard. The customer service is like none other I've ever experienced. They have never not been able to sort a problem out and are very prompt with their responses.
ConsI feel there needs to be an additional plan between venture and business. There is a HUGE jump from 100 products to 2500 products. I have about 300/350 products in my catalogue and cannot afford business plan - so am continuously having to delete and add products so that all 300 get a "turn" on my store.
November 20, 2017
heather m.
May 23, 2018

“Great for Seasonal business, Highly customizable products, handmade products”

ProsI've been using for 5 years. unlimited product options for product customizations. You can add LOTS of product photos to each product. FREE FOREVER, not just a free trial. So you can test it out for free for as long as it takes you to learn. You can upgrade and downgrade your plan whenever you want and as often as you want so it's perfect for a seasonal business. The BEST solution I have found for a handmade business. Using WP plugin currently and have also used imbedded on other platforms.
ConsI have found minor hiccups with WP plugin. But usually I could work around. The WP plugin will slow load time of your site. Support has worked good for me but I wish they were a little more responsive.
May 23, 2018
Amber L.
Office Staff
July 16, 2019

“I love Ecwid!”

OverallFantastic! One of the best shopping carts I have ever used. My all around experience with them has been great.
ProsWhat is not to like? I can chat with tech support anytime and they are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They send me links to directions on how to accomplish the task I am working on and email me screenshots so I can make sure I am in the same area as they are. We have Ecwid on multiple websites and it works great just going to one shopping cart to make price changes, etc and it is carried over to all of our websites. I haven't yet come across anything that I needed Ecwid to do that it could not do.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software.
July 16, 2019
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
May 8, 2019

“THE BEST ”

OverallI have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!
ProsEcwid is very easy to use and user friendly
ConsNone. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))
May 8, 2019
Joe L.
Marketing Lead, Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 26, 2016

“Own 3 Ecwid stores. Good value, a few serious issues.”

OverallEcwid provides a great way to sell both hard and digital goods. I have three stores for various businesses I run. Makes keeping my books and orders really simple, and simple is good. Two issues that affect our business: - No optional Tax-Exempt status for customers who qualify such as NGO or school customers. Ecwid work-around is to "refund" tax amounts back to customers after purchase. - Cannot purchase or manage multiple stores with one account, must have a different username/password for each store.
ProsQuick and easy product set up and display options. Easy to add the ability for customers to make alternate choices. Quick checkout system. Cool help-desk people that are fairly quick to reply to questions and chat requests.
ConsLack of Tax Exempt option. Have to have multiple accounts to manage multiple stores.
Recommendations to other buyersFor those who manage multiple stores with similar products, provide a way to update a single product and it sync to other store accounts.
Eli G.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
October 20, 2016

“Best option for low-tech sellers”

OverallEcwid is very user friendly and they have added very convenient features that would help any sort of e-seller. I love the features for bulk pricing as well as wholesale discounts for customer groups. You can grow your business just by using Ecwid as it allows you to automatically list your items in large marketplaces. We are very satisfied with the service as the value it provides for the price it costs is very high compared to other shopping cart solution websites. All in all, is the best shopping back-end I have ever used, and have been a customer since 2011.
ProsPricing User Friendly Back-end Product Options Wholesale and Bulk Pricing Easy to Install on any kind of website and CMS
ConsSometimes new feature suggestions take too long to be heard.
Recommendations to other buyersAdd Mercado Libre CBT program integration.
Hope J.
Owner/President NYC
Food Production, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“Ecwid is great for large shopping cart needs”

OverallGood to great, I use it every day and am basically happy with it since I can fix/add/remove any item I am selling easily from anywhere. My website integrates with it well, which means my clients can buy items pretty easily via Ecwid.
ProsI have a lot of items to sell - cookies, bars, pies, cheesecakes - and I can put them all up for sale on Ecwid. I and my staff can put the items online to sell, make changes, add shipping options, etc. Very user friendly.
ConsI want more options, like shipping costs/prices, to be put in there. Automatic handling fee and the like. I want to get more reports out of their system and have them be downloaded into Quickbooks.
Jodi H.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“Overall great experience”

OverallWhile there are a few things I wish I could do with the software, overall my experience has been great and customer support has always been quick and very helpful. One feature I would be interested in having available is being able to password protect a category. Being able to disable an entire category without having to disable each individual product would be helpful to me as well. Again--overall the software is a good fit for me. We do online stores for schools, clubs and businesses for custom decorated apparel. Many of our customers repeat orders year after year or every few months and it's very convenient to just disable their category/products and then edit and enable them for the next round of orders.
ProsEase of use.
ConsNot having the ability to print out an automatic tally of what is ordered.
Christel D.
November 27, 2017

“All good things for your Online Shop in one easy to understand place”

OverallPeace of mind knowing that all is well and if there is a problem help is literally 2 minutes away.
ProsEasy to get going and start selling. Then later on there are plenty things that you can customize and tweak. Easy payment gateway setup are also a great thing. Entering products into the catalogue is clear and easy to do. Taxes, shipping and discounts are well organized and easy to find and use. And should you have problems help is IMMEDIATELY available. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes to chat with a person to answer my questions. They will also help you hands on if there is something that you cannot figure out. I have no understanding of anything computers and had my shop up and running within a few hours.
November 27, 2017
Shana W.
Owner/Designer
Design, Self-employed
October 4, 2017

“Completely Positive”

OverallIt allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web: ECWID store Facebook Also my personal store Integrates with my payment acceptance company allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public
ProsNo issues or glitches Solid Build Store Design Variations Awesome Customer Support Well documented guides to read and learn from Fairly easy to learn and use Continuous Improvement Updates Positive Messages and Blogs Offers a free version Payment Options Avaliable No Contracts Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.
ConsThemes are Pricey I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations We all want "More for your Money" deals
October 4, 2017
Katey F.
Entrepreneur
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
October 26, 2016

“Get your business up and running straight away - no more excuses”

OverallEcwid makes it incredibly easy to get your business up and running without anymore excuses that 'you don't know programming'. Even a basic website like mine can start generating money in no time at all. You don't have to pay thousands for a fancy website, when you can install Ecwid on your site and with a few simple touches, customers can know how to buy your products.
ProsEase of use and setup. A computer layman can add products and manage stock levels. Great it suits mobile devices as well. Instant update.
ConsLack of options for customers to input multiple discount coupons. Small loading time on website. Times out for few customers and they have to reload the order. It is a pain having to switch between headings in order to edit orders.
Recommendations to other buyersWell worth it to get your business started. Needs more options without having to pay for additional apps to keep up with expanding businesses.
Mati F.
Ownder
Cosmetics, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“Ecwid is User Friendly and Looks Very Professional”

OverallEcwid was surprisingly easy to use. Everything is intuitive and self explanatory, and there are lots and lots of tutorials in case you have special needs or you want to do something out of the ordinary. You can customize anything from the color scheme, to bread crumbs, to shipping and handling fees, to displaying different categories of products on different websites. And, the best thing is that it makes the checkout super easy as well, so many of my customers gave me positive feedback when I started using Ecwid. I love using this shopping cart, and I can highly recommend it to anyone with a commercial website.
ProsEasy to set up, easy to modify, positive checkout experience for my customers, very user friendly, looks professional.
ConsCan't think of any...
Recommendations to other buyersno
Mitch M.
1-10 employees
December 21, 2017

“Hiding in Shopify's Shadow”

OverallEcwid is a fantastic alternative to Shopify that may not get enough exposure. A fantastic small and quick shopping cart that can easily integrate with your WP site or Facebook (some integrations may require you to be on a higher priced tier on either Ecwid or the target). Ecwid offers something extremely hard to find that should have it a household name, a free tier. While some shopping carts or larger shopping eCommerce hosts offer free trials, you have to commit right away or if they are free then they are something more akin to a hosted market than anything else. Ecwid offers a full feeling for their service with a possible 10 product catalog that you can integrate with your Wordpress site and build things out with confidence, scaling later when you need to instead of having to commit early which means accounting for lower overhead as you build out your presence.
ProsFantastic introductory features and pricing - Great bunch of features and integration - Integrates with Square - PCI compliant shopping cart for wordpress
ConsSome integration for what would be free services are only available on higher paid tiers, which is perfectly fair, but is also a bit of a con and there is some confusion as to which tier you need to be on to unlock certain premium add-ons.
December 21, 2017
Mark C.
Partner
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
October 31, 2016

“Excellent All Round”

OverallI needed to update our online shop - choosing Ecwid is one of the best decisions I've made. It looks fantastic, while easy to use. The support is always friendly and helpful. Additional features and apps are also available to cover every requirement, from online chat boxes, to product reviews. Maintaining and updating the online shop is not only easy to do now, it's an absolute pleasure. The system is always stable and responsive. There is also an app so that you can monitor and manage apps on your android/iphone, keeping your customer up to date with their order while you're out and about yourself, with other automated emails so you can easily keep your customers up to date with their order. Since promoting the site, there is already a significant increase in online orders. I'd strongly recommend Ecwid to anyone who is looking for an easy to use online shop with tons of features, excellent support while being very reasonably priced.
ProsProfessional appearance, ease of use, excellent support, countless features
ConsWould like to save a bit on the monthly price, but to be fair it is reasonably priced so it wouldn't be fair to complain.
October 31, 2016
Melissa N.
Owner, CEO
Music, 1-10 employees
October 20, 2016

“Easy to use, good value for the money.”

OverallI am using the business version of Ecwid which makes it easy to accept money on my Word Press site. I thought it would be hard to create my own site since my only experience prior to using Ecwid was being on Etsy. It is very user friendly, although there are a few more features I wish they would offer that would make it top notch. The most important being an integrated shipping feature. They do offer the ability to use the ShipStation app with Ecwid and import all of your orders, but you need to subscribe to ShipStation as well as Stamps.com in order to make it easier to ship your products. I would like to be able to print shipping labels in Ecwid to save time and would be willing to pay extra for that feature. I like that you can upload a lot of images through Ecwid as well as provide videos in your text description about your products.
Prosquality for the money
Consno ability to print shipping labels while in the program
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Easy e-commerce for your start-up business”

OverallUsing Ecwid for our business has been a big help. Although we're a small company, we we're able to Ecwid to quickly bring our products online without much fuss. We also transitioned to a paid version to get more out of the service, and so far so good.
ProsEcwid gives you everything you need to start selling your items online. I like that they give you an option to put up an actual website if you don't have any presence yet. Facebook integration is very welcome as well in this day and age.
ConsOnce you get the hang of the starter features, it would really do you good to upgrade to a paid plan. It would give you a lot more features to use for your e-commerce website. I wish they'd give you a trial period for the full suite of features.
October 23, 2017

“It is so easy to setup and works great.”

OverallHaving a direct outlet on my website is great, because people that come across my site can easily purchase the products I manufacture.
ProsI love how easy it was to setup on my Wordpress site and have it integrate. I can access the backend from my Wordpress admin panel, and take care of business with ease. Adding new products is a cinch and the system is scalable so it can grow with you as needed.
ConsI wish Google ranked it better. The SEO aspect is not available for the base store which makes it a bit challenging to grow into the next phase if you aren't getting sales due to customers not finding your store when they search key words that would normally bring up what you are in the business of selling.
October 23, 2017
Derek S.
Sales
Machinery, 11-50 employees
September 8, 2017

“Pretty straightforward to build a store, with some neat functions for product categories.”

OverallA better organised online store, with the ability to present product lines in ways customers would wish to browse for them, via multiple categories.
ProsPretty much ready to work, from the word go, with minimal configuration. There are some very neat way to organise products within multiple categories, to cater for different ways customers may browse for them.
ConsIt would occasionally be useful to have 'phone support during UK timezone office hours. It would be extremely useful to be able to display both the net (without VAT) and gross (with VAT) prices for products.
September 8, 2017
Ria S.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
August 15, 2017

“Ecwid has been a great product for us. Very easy to implement but flexible enough for our needs. ”

OverallIt's very user friendly, easy to integrate with my websites, and flexible enough to meet our store needs.
ProsI love having one store that integrates into all four of our websites. Ecwid was very simple to integrate with wordpress and I love the features such as shipping calculated by USPS shipping rates, so I don't have to worry about "guessing" on S&H costs for products. I also really love the mobile app - I can ship products and notify the customer real time with their tracking number right away. It also integrated with my PayPal account without any problem.
ConsNo negative comments come to mind at this time. If anything, I would love to see all custom invoices for the Venture plan. But, that's pretty minor!
August 15, 2017
Deborahe P.
Owner/Operator
October 26, 2016

“The best choice for an on-line store”

OverallAt our house I have an herbal website and my husband has an Ionic footbath website. I have used ECWID for many years and couldn't be happier. I am not not a computer whiz but the software is so user friendly I easily add products make changes, etc. The Staff at ECWID is wonderful for sending suggestions to grow your business. I researched a lot of software before chosing ECWID and I have not been dissappointed EVER. Dr. Deb www.drdebsherbals.com
ProsVery easy to use
ConsHaven't found anything I don't like
Recommendations to other buyersTo add information to my pages, it requires logging in separate to wp-admin. If there was a link on the regular web to that it would be wonderful
Shanti D.
Owner/ Dierctor
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 25, 2016

“Ecwid is a FANTASTIC shopping cart.”

OverallThis amazing shopping cart program is so easy to use; it is so quick to add new products, and very user friendly. It does not take a highly skilled tech person to navigate. I really appreciate the custom choices for each product and the extra care that has been developed in this amazing program. Since we switched to this shopping cart our business has quadrupled! Our products look so appealing and we were able to offer more choices of a similar product to tailor the needs of each customer. Last, but not least, the customer service has been easy to deal with and very responsive. Thank you Ecwid!!
ProsEasy to use
Recommendations to other buyersLess merchant receipts for each sale.
Carole F.
Educational Consultant
Education Management, Self-employed
October 25, 2016

“An amazing, powerful and affordable online store!”

OverallI have been an Ecwid customer for a year now. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am of the product, its ease of use -- both for me and for my customers -- and the friendly customer support. I had some technical issues in the beginning that the patient staff helped me to rectify. My customers love the streamlined process and I do too! That I am able to manage my sales, my unpaid orders and confirm shipping from my phone is a HUGE help. Making e-files available to my customers for automatic download has saved me a minimum of 60 hours of emailing this year alone. Amazing. My business is booming and I credit the ease of the Ecwid system for at least part of the success! :o) Thanks for a great and affordable product! Carole
Prosease, portability, streamlined nature, adaptability
Consshipping issues... postal code issues...
Deyvid R.
Business Owner
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
October 20, 2016

“Freedom to manage and quick access to change and configure different items.”

OverallWe are very happy with the results we are achiving with our online store. The main characteristic of the ecwid store is the accessebility to all the orders and specially with all the content and configuration of the store. We would like to sugest that on the Brazilian version of the store it would be very helpfull if the store could be integrated with the government invoice issuer (nota fiscal eletronica).
ProsHow easy it is to sell to different countries, we like how the language changes depending on the country where the person is bying from. Its very easy to manage and to change the configuration of the store.
ConsThe store could have multiple currencies available. The Brazilian version could integrate an online invoice (Nota Fiscal Eletronica). For people selling all over the world it would be good to have not only the multiple currencies but also the payment methods integrated according to the contry.
Adrian S.
The Boss
October 2, 2017

“Excellent product, which has helped me sell my books”

ProsMy customers tell me that it's easy to navigate through the online shop. The selections are painless, the shopping cart easy to work with and payment options easy used. Happy customer happy me...
ConsFor me the major differential in cost. The less than 100 products venture service is what I'm using now because I could never get close to the business 2500 product service. Needs to be a practical 250 products business service with all options for a little more than the venture price.
October 2, 2017
Andrea Y.
Owner/operator
October 20, 2016

“Great for small business”

OverallI've been using ecwid for a year and a half; it suits my small business needs and I'm happy with the features. Two features I would like to see added are more partnership with shipping services (I use ShippingEasy which integrates well) but not many of the other services integrate with Ecwid so that could be a problem for some people. I also would like to see ecwid offer shipping services for different size boxes - 99% of my shipments are the same size but for the other products I had to get creative to incorporate the shipping costs.
ProsIt's easy to use, and integrates with ShippingEasy for easy shipments.
ConsIt's small compared to shopify which means not all add-ins integrate well. I also would like to see ecwid to allow multiple shipping locations in Canada and USA
Seth F.
Principal
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
October 20, 2016

“Diamond with a few rough edges.. and a good value”

OverallI have been with ECWID for a number of years and it really works well for my business. It has a wide variety of features that help me serve my customers. There are a few areas that could use improvement, such as upselling in the cart, but what it does, it does well.
ProsSupport is excellent. There are a lot of ways to use the software to promote the product. It has simple plugins for Joomla and Facebook.
ConsI wish it had ways to upsell during the checkout process (Add xyz for $5). This is a weakness.
Recommendations to other buyersI'm pretty committed to it and hope it continues growing along with my business.
Ben W.
Sales and Marketing
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 4, 2019

“Good place to start with E-commerce ”

ProsIt was simple to install on our client's website and was extremely easy for our client to add new items. The interface is pretty good, and the checkout process is simple and straightforward. I would recommend Ecwid to anyone that will only have an online store and is just starting out.
ConsThere were some drawbacks that we ran into with Ecwid. The biggest issue we have is that it doesn't co-exist with a physical store well. Our client that used Ecwid has an e-commerce store and a brick and mortar store. Ecwid could sync the purchased made on the website down to Quickbooks, but there was no way for Quickbooks to push the correct inventory back up to Ecwid. It also required using a separate monthly program to do this syncing. There are also some limitations when it comes to customization. So if you want to have a lot of control over your store, then I would suggest looking elsewhere. But if you want simple, then I think this is a great program.
January 4, 2019
Teresa L.
Owner/Operator
October 8, 2018

“Ecwid reps are over the top in help.”

OverallI'm in shock how helpful Ecwid representative are. They by far surpass any platform I've used online for customer service and I use a lot. Ecwid reps are as much or more helpful even through chat, than other companies are by phone. They have a lot of different things you can do with their e commerce app and they are 100% up to par technically. So if I can't understand an application, they gladly jump in, and teach me how to do it, or they do it. I am gobsmacked at the user friendliness of an APP for people lay in tech. And I'm equally gobsmacked at how educated technically, polite, and generous with their time, that Ecwid reps are.
ProsEase of use, even for people that are not tech savvy.
ConsHmmm. Can't think of anything.
October 8, 2018