PCRecruiter Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.1/5
4.6/5

About PCRecruiter

PCRecruiter by Main Sequence Technology is a powerful web-based solution for recruitment, HR sourcing, RPO and staffing. Featuring Outlook integration, mobile access, integrated job posting, candidate screening, virtually unlimited storage, automated resume import, full text searching, VOIP integration, import/export from major 3rd parties, and completely configurable data views. The Main Sequence team has 20 years of service to the recruitment industry and thousands of customers worldwide. Learn more about PCRecruiter

Vince A.
Sr Director
August 29, 2019

“PCR over the years”

OverallThe biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.
ProsThe fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.
ConsIt's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

By Main Sequence Technology on August 30, 2019
Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.
August 29, 2019
Terry C.

“Best partner”

OverallI run my desk on a daily basis using all the tools that PCRecruiter has for me. It speeds up and hones in on my search process and keeps a perfect record for each activity without having to add several clicks or time. Additionally, the company is open to improvement, enhancement suggestions from their users and they implement a good portion of those requests to make it more functionable for everyone. Once again, PCRecruiter/Main Sequence is a collaborative partner you can count on.
ProsI have been with PCRecruiter since 2000. Partnering with the company for my ATS system was one of the best business decisions I ever made. The company continues to grow, the software function and features are prenominal. Whether you are a recruiting firm, a staffing firm or a company PCRecruiter can handle all of your ATS requirements. It's not just a database of data. The data is can be measured, monitored, and managed easily with excellent administrative tools. Beyond that from a user standpoint, it is constantly being upgraded to fit the needs, requirements and desires as the industry itself matures in the digital age. Syncing, emails, phone systems, search engines, job boards and beyond. The customer support is AAAA. The techs are friendly, intelligent, know the systems and solve virtually every issue I've ever called about on the first call or ticket submission. The rare times issues were not resolved immediately, they were handled with 48 - 72 hours. I would recommend PCRecruiter/Main Sequence to anyone from a "one man office" to a large corporation. It doesn't matter how small or big your organization, they treat everyone with same professionalism.
ConsI have thought about this, and there truly is no negative side that I can find from my perspective.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 27, 2019
Thank you for the glowing review, Terry! It's always good to hear that our clients are totally satisfied, and we appreciate your continued business over the years.
Amanda S.
Banking, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2019

“Made by engineers for engineers”

OverallI just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.
ProsFully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.
ConsIt is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 26, 2019
Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.
Jan P.
Owner and Recruiter
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner”

OverallExperiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.
ProsI have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system. The system has never let me down. The system itself never goes down either. The updates are done late at night. With PCR, I can keep track of all my e-mail communications. I use the PCR mail integrated right there in the system. Emails are automatically linked/attached to each candidate. It's an easy program to learn and there are countless ways to access the information you need. I find PCR to be an intuitive system. When a new version was launched a few years ago, I felt like my suggestions were heard as they were fine-tuning the new edition. I am a successful recruiter because I am efficient on PCRecruiter. When a client needed proof that I submitted a candidate before they hired him, I was able to pull together all the dates, emails and history needed to get paid for the placement. It's a great all-around system and I can't imagine working without it. Mac for life. PCRecruiter for life.
ConsThe scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how different positions look on the system. Just like you can upload a company logo or a candidate's headshot...it would be nice to be able to color code positions with a wrench for a technician role for example, or a dollar sign for a controller job. I am a visual person and would like to make the live roles look different than the jobs that are filled, closed or on hold. Some of the functionality is over my head. But I know that training is available for every feature of the system. All I would have to do is schedule it with representative. She's great. When I used PCRecruiter in my past working for another company, I didn't like how other recruiters could go in and "steal" an active candidate who I was working with, without my permission. I think this issue was due to the fact that 6+ recruiters were competing for the same talent in this shared database and some recruiters lacked integrity and manners. There was also no enforcement of a fair and equitable system to share the database.
Scott B.
Marketing Operations Manager
August 17, 2017

“Overall solid ATS with straightforward UI and plenty of customization options for better efficiency”

Pros-Ability to customize name, company, and position record layouts to optimize work flow -Ability to show/hide all menu options and arrange as needed -Built in email client (PCRMail) integrates directly with database, so all correspondence is recorded automatically under the record's activities. Can easily move from email to client's record in database -Can configure multiple email aliases for each user and assign custom SMTP settings to each respective alias (useful for dividing marketing and transactional emails between separate ESP's) -Live Chat support allows for much quicker response times to issues and support staff is great to work with
Cons-Limited email marketing functionality (can't send bulk marketing emails to a list of companies, can't schedule a future email blast to send out on a certain date/time, no way to configure a default bulk sending dedicated IP for marketing efforts, spotty "resend check" feature that only checks bulk email correspondence but skips all direct email activity, etc.) -Can't search for record activities (i.e. sent someone an email) and record data (i.e. in the state of Texas) at the same time. Cumbersome process of having to do one search, save those results to a list, do the other search, and filter by that list. -PCRMail has been notoriously problematic at times over the years (address book issues, email encoding issues, spell check problems, inbox refresh problems, frame sizing issues, etc) -Unable to search rollup lists by rollup code (even though rollup codes are used in all advanced searches) -No way to unmerge merged records

By Main Sequence Technology on January 16, 2019
Since this review was posted, we have updated our bulk-email features and can now schedule future sends, use dedicated accounts for marketing emails, and handle resends/bounces more effectively. Other improvements have been made to address some of Scott's previous concerns. And of course many other upgrades have been made in the past year+ of time! We are always listening to our users and making changes based on their feedback.
Scott R.
November 30, 2016

“The Alternative Solution That Provides Amazing Flexibility At A Great Price”

OverallI have used PCRecruiter for over 10 years now. The product takes some time to learn, but once you invest the time to learn it's functions, it provides an amazing solution for the recruiting function. I have used this product in three different companies and implemented it with two clients at the corporate HR level. Because of its flexibility, PCRecruiter can be just about anything you need it to be... and MORE. The training department and technical support have always been able to get me and my team back on track when we have had issues. Up time is extremely important to us and our clients, and PCRecruiter has never failed us. I can think of only one time in the past 10 years where we have had a system failure that lasted about two hours. The product is very reliable. You need to spend the time necessary to learn the product. It's not necessarily a con, but more an investment. You will get as much out of this product as you put in. Spend the time with the training department and implementation team to explain exactly what you are trying to do and they can make it happen. Another option is to ask them for best practices... either way, if you are willing to learn how to use the product, it will pay off tremendously. Pros: Flexibility, East of Use, Cost, reliability, up-time, customer support, technical support, innovation, connectivity Cons: None as long as you are willing to learn the products capabilities and spend the time necessary to set it up correct the first time.
ProsPros: Flexibility, East of Use, Cost, reliability, up-time, customer support, technical support, innovation, connectivity
ConsCons: None as long as you are willing to learn the products capabilities and spend the time necessary to set it up
Recommendations to other buyersYou need to spend the time necessary to learn the product. It's not necessarily a con, but more an investment. You will get as much out of this product as you put in. Spend the time with the training department and implementation team to explain exactly what you are trying to do and they can make it happen. Another option is to ask them for best practices... either way, if you are willing to learn how to use the product, it will pay off tremendously.
November 30, 2016
Don G.
Program Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, Unspecified
November 28, 2016

“An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool”

OverallOur agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting tools but also an electronic file management system to track data on the job seekers and their activity. PCRecruiter provided all of that and then some with a little help from the MainSequence software development team. Since our use extended beyond the basic focus of the system it took a fair amount of customizing profiles, activities, reports, and related to get it right to where we needed the software to be. Fortunately PCR allows for this. You can customize a large portion of the software to meet your individual needs. The support techs were very helpful in creating our first evolution and we have continued to refine our database since that time. I think I've only stumped the techs once or twice but they eventually uncovered the solution to my issue/question. Once we pioneered the system for our workforce needs, several other partner agencies and employers also picked up on this great tool and began using it when they saw how effective it was with data management. The speed at which we can pull demographic data and get a snapshot of current recruiting patterns is great. Yes, the costs associated can be tough depending on your number of users but this is true for any of the top recruiting/electronic file management systems. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially some of the Admin functions, but once you have the basics down the software becomes very intuitive. Rarely have we found something that we could not get the software to do. Overall, an essential workforce/recruiting software tool to help efficiently maintain information.
ProsFlexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.
ConsSometimes customization requires a lot of adjustment to work just depending on what you are trying to do and reporting can be a little confusing until you spend some time on it. We have been using PCR8 still so some of this may have been improved in V9.
November 28, 2016
John H.
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
July 28, 2015

“My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!”

ProsPC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate with clients and candidates, and a robust database that is able to take all the information I need, put it where it is easily accessible, and then be able to get a comprehensive "picture" of what I need to know. I have used other programs and the general attitude of the other vendors is something like this: "Here's what it is . . . here's how it works . . . it's up to you to figure out how you can make this work for your business." Using spreadsheets and Outlook was more efficient than what they offered - which is what I had to use in the past with certain software programs. When it comes to PCRecruiter, it's as if they asked me what I needed and then built a great program . . . and then asked me what my "dream" software would include . . . and then they met and exceeded my expectations. The salesperson asked me a lot of questions and then made sure the software and my eventual training addressed my needs, rather than talking at me about its capabilities. After trying the "best" programs and, frankly, finding no comparison to PCRecruiter, I don't want any of my competition to use it - I like having a clear advantage.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about PCRecruiter. It would be great if they gave the software away for free, but with the price being lower than a lot of their competitors . . . again, I can't complain about anything with PCRecruiter.
Recommendations to other buyersI found that a lot of the software out there does not have a easy way to work with LinkedIn, Outlook, and importing resumes in general. There is nothing worse than having to input a whole bunch of data when you can see what you need on the screen and you can't import it. Also, find a software program that is specifically built for recruiters and not just modified for certain industries. (Zoho?!?) In addition, test out the functionality of the programs and don't rush the process - many of the salespeople want to get you into a deal without allowing you to really use the program. Lastly, watch out for the "big programs" that say that they have millions of users - many of them have limited functions and capabilities. When you figure out your processes and then compare them to the programs out there, you will find that many of these programs will make you do a whole lot of work that other programs have optimized that work.
July 28, 2015
Scott R.
VP of Operations
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Great software!!!”

ProsAfter using the same software for 17 years, I was very skeptical about changing. I was pleasantly surprised by the user friendliness of PCR and how easy the change was. The custom-ability is definitely the best part.
ConsThere are a few things I would like changed that are hard programmed where you can't.... but overall we love it.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the review, Scott! Picking up a new software after 17 years is a big shift, so we're glad PCR is doing the job for you now!
July 31, 2019

“PCRecruiter - For REtained Executive Search”

OverallIt's a great solution for recruiting and marketing.
ProsThis is my 2nd time using PCRecruiter but the 1st time I'm using it as an ower. Value and customer support are very good. I've used other products before and the ease of data entry makes it a go-to product.
ConsThere are some software glitches that need to improve on PCR Capture but overall I'm happy and like that they listen to customer feedback. It would be nice if the training offered more guidance on how to best setup PCRcruiter.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 1, 2019
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PCR! We're glad you selected us for your business. If you have any questions or suggestions, we're always open to hearing them! Send us an email or visit the Ideas and Requests forum in the helpdesk.
Dan R.
Corporate Recruiter
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 30, 2019

“Great recruiting software - needs some improvement as far as being a comprehensive ATS”

OverallOverall, as a recruiter software, I'm not sure there's a better product on the market. There needs to be some basic features to the platform, however, if PCRecruiter is going to compete in the ATS market.
ProsVery easy to use - simple one click or drag and drop features make it incredibly efficient. Pricing model is based on users and NOT number of employees which is critical. ATS's should not have a per employee pricing model, period. Aesthetics are awesome, navigating through the platform is pretty straight forward.
ConsAs far as being an ATS there are a couple of very key features it lacks which are basic components of most, if not all, ATS'. 1) Currently it does not provide a way to pre-qualify candidates when they first apply to a position. Most ATS' offer front end questions to help determine if candidates possess the minimum requirements which helps the recruiter focus on those who meet those requirements first. 2) Automation emails can be sent, however setting it up is a little clunky - once you get through it, however, it works great. 3) This is more of a desired feature, but there should be an option to set a delayed time for automation emails. For example, when a candidate you're not interested in is interviewed, when you move them in to the appropriate folder in the pipeline to let them know they're no longer being considered it sends out the email immediately, there should be an option for a 24 hour to 48 hour delay.
Jeremy B.
August 8, 2019

“Best Applicant Tracking System Out”

OverallWe have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.
ProsThe loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.
ConsI would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for the review, Jeremy! The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!
John B.
Staffing and Recruiting, Self-employed
August 26, 2019

“A fully functional user friendly system!”

OverallOne of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!
ProsPCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.
ConsI don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 27, 2019
Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.
Mark N.
Consultant
Staffing and Recruiting, Unspecified
April 8, 2016

“Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.”

ProsI am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system and internal developers. I first evaluated PCRecruiter (PCR) against several competing products in mid 2008 and found it to be the most versatile for our purpose. The only program of it's type that delivered everything we needed, plus expansion possibilities, was PCRecruiter. Periodically I conduct a similar review for the business and have yet to find a system that offers an advantage over PCRecruiter. In the 8 years since we started using PCRecruiter we have expanded the system with several customized modules which have been possible within the system due to it's flexible architecture. Finally I would like to make special mention of the customer support which has proven to be second to none.
ConsI don't really have a dislike about the product or vendor. You usually only have dislikes when the service and product are not up to scratch.
Recommendations to other buyersTry to work out what your future needs will be and whether the system will be able to adapt and evolve with you. As an IT and Business Consultant I have found that businesses always change and every change triggers a new change!
April 8, 2016
Rebecca L.
Recruitment Consultant
July 23, 2019

“Good - Depending on What You Need in a Recruitment Software”

OverallOverall PCRecruiter is good for managing and organizing data and searching for existing candidates. Search function has much to improve as well as the coding.
ProsRoll-Ups are easy to manage and organize candidates. Adding new jobs into the system. Easy to input data in an organized format in candidate files
ConsSearch function. You can only search existing candidates that have been registered with our agency. If a candidate applied for your job from another platform (ie: Indeed), you will not be able to search for them in PCR even though their resume was parsed into the system. Need to search in each open job to see new candidates. Lots of candidates also get lost if they are not coded correctly (ie: under the right job title, software skill).

By Main Sequence Technology on July 24, 2019
Hi Rebecca, All candidates that are stored in the PCRecruiter database (even those pushed into the system via Indeed) should be searchable by any words or phrases in their resume or by the fields in their contact info. If you're discovering records that can't be found in a search, it may be an indexing issue on the database. Get in touch with our support team and they'll get it sorted out for you. It's true, however, that coding for your own particular search requirements can help - if the candidate's resume doesn't include the phrase you're looking for, the search engine will not return that record.
July 23, 2019
Management Consulting, Self-employed
May 29, 2019

“Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers”

OverallI used PCRecruiter as an employee and then when I started my own company I chose them based on my experience and happiness with the database. I didn't even shop other options as I knew what this could do and wouldn't have any learning curve.
Prosalready had good powerful recruiting tools before they started actively asking for suggestions. They put in a request and suggestions forum and actually listen & prioritize the changes/improvements that we users have asked for. Not 100% of them, but many of them. Their tech support is super responsive and helps with individual problems. Very customizable for how you want to have it work with you and what you want it to show you.
ConsIt's got a LOT of bells and whistles I don't need, but it makes it useful for bigger recruiting organizations with more complex needs than I have as a small recruiting firm. I do wish some of the tasks were a little easier to accomplish with fewer clicks. Once data is in PCR it's harder to manipulate it than if it was , say, in an Excel spreadsheet. I do miss that type of flexibility.
Bryan D.
August 23, 2019

“PCR got better and better the deeper we got into it.”

OverallOur ability to enter, track, contact, and reuse contacts and information has soared. I was very happy with my previous ATS, but they were bought and put on a slow death diet. I am glad we moved to PCR. I wish we had done it earlier. Another thing I like is that PCR is not constantly raising our rates and creating add-ons we have to purchase.
ProsThe integration with Outlook, RingCentral, Monster, CareerBuilder and other outside providers speeds up my pace a lot. The PCR Capture piece makes my researchers much more efficient. They can focus on finding people, instead of wasting time typing in their information.
ConsWe started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose. Wow! Now our tracking, sharing, and efficiency has more than doubled. We've run the numbers.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 26, 2019
Thank you for your review, Bryan! It's great to hear that PCR has been making things easier at AGI!
Michael S.
Market Partner
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“My review”

OverallOVerall experience has been good. There is a small learning curve.
ProsThe software integrates files and tracks email.
ConsThe app is minimal features. When I email from PCR, I cannot track that email in my email account. Yet when receiving email, it tracks that. Sometimes the system moves a little slow.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the review, Michael! Regarding email tracking, both sent and received mail should be tracked if things are configured properly. Check in with our training team for troubleshooting.
Trudy G.
Biotechnology, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“Review of PCRecruiter As A Valued Business Tool”

OverallGreatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.
ProsIt's functionality allows us to access/retrieve all important candidate/client information [new or archived] in several different ways so that data is never 'lost'. From their basic features to the more granular, PCRecruiter has been an excellent and reliable business tool for us, for almost 14 years!
ConsAfter 14 years, the product has only improved and continues to do so, so at this time there aren't any 'negatives' to site.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thank you for the review, Trudy! We're glad to head that PCR has been making your job easier for all these years!
Nathan G.
COO
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“Affordable and Functional”

ProsThere are a lot of functions available for use in this software, but it's designed in a way that you can choose to use what you want. Nothing we don't use is in our way or makes using the software harder.
ConsI would like it if the roll ups could be sorted by the quality of the match to a search.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 1, 2019
Thanks for your review! If you have any suggestions for the team on how we can improve rollups, check out the Ideas and Requests forum in our helpdesk.
David B.
November 16, 2016

“The recruiter's companion! ”

OverallI've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares.
ProsEasy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.
ConsI honestly don't have a complaint!
Recommendations to other buyersI recommend using both the Web version and the Portal versions in unison. It's the best of both worlds if you enjoy using MS Outlook.
November 16, 2016
Lindsey E.
June 3, 2019

“Ideal for recruiting agencies”

OverallWe are a boutique recruiting firm, and PCRecruiter has enabled us to quickly set up our candidate database. For over 15 years, we have been able to effectively search and organize our candidate and client database.
Pros15+ years of using PCRecruiter. Ease of use. It has enough features and organizational structure to allow you to create pockets or folders of candidates, but it does not buckle under the weight of having TOO many ways to categorize and organize candidates. When I have questions, I am able to get help from the PCR support team nearly immediately, and their support is thorough.
ConsFor me, the icons which are used for functionality buttons are not as intuitive as they could be. As in, by looking at the button, I don't automatically think of the functionality it represents. On the flip side, I have used PCRecruiter for over 15 years, and though the icons aren't what I would choose, I quickly learned.
Manny d.
July 25, 2018

“Outstanding value and the features are world class.”

ProsI have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!
ConsThere is not much I don't like as the software is very user-friendly. About the only thing is being able to change the color scheme.

By Main Sequence Technology on July 26, 2018
Thank you for the glowing review, Manny! And we do have alternate color schemes on our "to do" list in the development department.
July 25, 2018
John K.
Recruiting Specialist
Hospitality, 51-200 employees

“Honestly”

OverallGood experience overall. Search by area code, Keywords, location, makes life easier.
ProsUser friendly, ease of learning, and helpful support to make changes.
ConsSome time we have to open different versions to do three things at once, Establish a roll up list, create a named letter and do a search.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the review, John! Yes, multiple windows are sometimes the most effective way to get a task handled - we're working on ways to use screens more efficiently in future updates. We appreciate your feedback!
Linda F.
Vice President
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

“Great Product”

OverallThis software makes the recruiters life much easier. Reminders, pathways to follow to placements, numbers, etc. Searches for existing candidates and jobs are very easy. Tech support is terrific when needed - which isn't very often. Wouldn't be able to do a complete recruiting job if not for PCR
ProsBeen using this software for 15+ years. Absolutely love it - reminds me of everything I need to do during the day, which in recruiting is always difficult to keep up with. Also helped me to obtain fees when companies disputed my timeline on sending them candidates because the notes and activities are so clear. Very easy to use. They keep up with new helpful additions to the software.
ConsSome of the applications are a bit tedious but then I just don't use them if they aren't absolutely necessary. Everything normally used is terrific. Wish it would match candidates to jobs.
May 30, 2019

“Good Database with some automated functionality; poor CRM”

OverallMiddle of the road. It does the basic things well and is a good database to store information. Outside of that, there is no CRM functionality and isn't super useful from a sales, sales tracking, leads or reporting perspective.
ProsThe best features of PCR are the "roll ups". The software seems to be built around the roll ups and they provide a lot of functionality, some automation and decent organization ability.
ConsIt lacks a true CRM feature. The reporting is not great. Every name entered into the system is a candidate. There is no delineation between candidates and company contacts which creates problems.

By Main Sequence Technology on June 3, 2019
Candidates and Contacts are delineated by the 'Status' field in PCR... a name can be a candidate or a contact depending on that setting. This facilitates situations where someone is hired at a company and then becomes a hiring contact there and allows for fluid movement between statuses without creating duplicate records.
Steven S.
VP/GM Industrial Practice
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“PCRecruiter is as good as it gets but it can always be better.”

OverallPCRecruiter is a great tool and has been invaluable to me as a 15 year veteran of the recruitment industry. My overall experience with the software has been excellent. I'd recommend it to any recruiting firm, large or small.
ProsPCRecruiter's interface design and ease of use helps our firm get new recruiters up and running quickly with a minimal amount of software related training. In addition it let's our firm of 25+ recruiters work collaboratively across 100's of ongoing searches.
ConsPCRecruiter's search functionality is good but it could be so much better. If I could do it all over I would recommend we create standard fields for things like Education, Industry Experience and also Titles. This would allow us to search within PCR without being so keyword dependent.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for the review, Steven! We're glad the system is helping your company to stay organized!
August 12, 2019
Tim F.

“Never have to worry”

OverallOne of the most important benefits is consistency. In 5+ years of using PCR, we've never had any downtime. This was such a huge improvement from our old ATS systems that would go down for hours at a time throughout the year. The next biggest benefit is constant improvement. Especially with integrated systems like LinkedIn. I never need to contact PCR to let them know something has changed and their system needs to be updated. They are on top of it and updates usually come within 24 hours.
ProsPCR is highly configurable so you can set it up to match the way you work. The integration with other systems - especially LinkedIn capture is a great asset. Good support in getting things set-up. You own your data and have easy access to it if there is ever a need for a back-up or to change systems.
ConsVery minor issue - could have better sales call tracking with visual follow-up lists.
Rik Y.
March 5, 2018

“I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003”

ProsI like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.
ConsIt takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.
March 5, 2018
Eddie B.
Recruiting Specialist
August 8, 2019

“Great software for all recruiters and managing the talent acquisition pipeline.”

ProsIt's an adaptive software and is expanding to fit our growing needs. Very easy to customize menus and parts of the site to save time and increase your workflow productivity. It's very easy for users with minimal software experience to learn but also intuitive enough for high tech-savvy users to utilize.
ConsThe Mobile App is in the early stages of development I feel, so the only feedback I have is to keep developing it over time.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for the glowing review, Eddie!
Barbara S.
Placement Director

“Solid ATS product”

OverallWe have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. We do not use the system to its full capability. I do believe we could get much more out of the system than we currently do. I am surprised that our account rep does not try to get us to do more!
ProsPCRecruiter is user friendly and has a good price point.
ConsWhen we created customized fields, we did not realized that they were not "smart." They are not as useful as the built in fields.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 2, 2019
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barbara! We'd be interested in hearing more about your ideas for smarter custom fields - visit the Ideas & Requests forum on our helpdesk to make a suggestion if you haven't done so!
Tania P.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 30, 2019

“PCR, the software for the I.T. junky and the average day person!”

ProsI like how you can capture information from other sites LinkedIn and resumes vs having to manually enter names, employer, title, contact information etc. I also like all the reporting features for tracking metrics and that all emails, as long as the contact is in PCR, will be linked to the appropriate record. This makes searching for prior conversations very easy.
ConsPrior to PCR we had a very simple software, so the hardest part for our team was learning all the amazing, time saving features available with PCR as well as the best workflow process and keeping the daily activity levels up. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time upfront to make sure you are utilizing the software to the best of its ability for your business.
Greg S.
October 23, 2018

“Very happy with PCRecruiter”

OverallOverall, very good. Initial time setting everything off pays off in great time-saving later for the team.
ProsUsability - the automation of the system is great. Spend the time setting things up and you won't regret it. Move the candidates through the process (Drag and drop) and relevant messages are sent out. Outlook connector is a great integration for communication tracking. Support are very responsive.
ConsInitial setup takes significant time (for one person) when transferring from a bespoke system. Not completely unexpected, but was surprised it was so difficult to set up the system the way we wanted it in the test environment, and then wanted to transfer over live (most recent) data. Worked out in the end, but it was different from they way I thought the process would go.
October 23, 2018
James C.
President/Owner
Accounting, Self-employed
August 17, 2017

“Big improvement from previous version but . . . ”

OverallIt's a time saver, helps me stay organized, and ultimately helps me put together more deals! It is also affordable and priced correctly.
ProsEverything about it is a time saver designed so that you don't have to go back and forth from PCR to LinkedIn, which is fantastic. Huge improvement overall but . . .
ConsThe only problem I noticed with this version was that - despite what the training video says - it does not give you the option of adding a name to a rollup "on the fly". Instead, you have to designate the rollup in the default settings. The video specifically mentions that this is not the case anymore, but I just downloaded this latest version 5 minutes ago and there's no option to choose a rollup on the fly. I imagine that will be fixed soon, however, and when it is it will be perfect.
Dawn F.
New Business Develop Manager

“PCRecruiter Reveiw”

OverallOverall it is a very helpful tool that allows everyone in our office access to our database so we aren't double and triple calling clients or candidates.
ProsI like the roll ups. This is such a great way to manage your candidates.
ConsI do find that some of the things that we use it for, for example making a job order or refining a search, does seem to require several steps. This may be something that we can streamline but our company hasn't moved forward with that yet.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 2, 2019
Thanks Dawn! Glad to hear that PCR is helpful to your company. We're always striving for ways to reduce steps - check in with our training team and they may be able to help find shortcuts for you through templates or other features.
Justin M.
Sr. Search Consultant
Machinery, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Recruiting Tool”

OverallPCRecruiter has been a great partner to help our firm grow to where we are today. Anytime we've had an issue, they are quick to respond and find a resolution. They continue to keep us updated.
ProsThe ability to customize profiles and the user interface is amazing. The PCR team is constantly updating the system and making it better with each update. Very user friendly and the support staff is very responsive.
ConsNothing in particular. I suppose it could look a little 'sexier' or have the ability to change color schemes for personal preference. In terms of functionality, there isn't much that I would change.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 26, 2019
Thanks for the review, Justin! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about our future releases, as there will be more 'sex appeal' to the interface coming down the road for sure.
Eric H.
VP of Infrastructure
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2019

“Good Software for your recruiting needs”

OverallOverall, I've been using PCR for nearly 15 years. We use it as both our ATS and a CRM. It tracks all of our daily, weekly, monthly metrics for interviews and candidate/client activity.
ProsI like that you are able to configure your own custom fields to go along with the standard fields that all recruiters will use. Also, the integrations with other platforms are great.
ConsThe thing that I like least is the relative "slowness" to get anything changed or addressed. I had one support ticket open for over 7-8 months on something that they broke with an update.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the review, Eric! We're always working to improve our development processes and are handling open issues at a much greater speed than ever before - although some issues may be more complex to solve than others.
Lauren R.
Office & Marketing Manager
August 9, 2019

“Great Software for Recruiting”

OverallI've had a great experience so far with PCR and anything that hasn't been going well or any issues we face, support is there for fixing and they're always taking suggestions on how to enhance.
ProsWhat I like most about PCR is the ability to customize it to your needs. You have the ability to customize dashboards and add/remove fields, making organization great for a database that holds so much information.
ConsThere's not something I dislike about the software, but it does require some training to get used to- especially for admin (like anything else) but once you get used to it it's pretty simple and support is always there to help!

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks so much for the review, Lauren! We're glad to hear that the system is getting the job done and that our team is supporting you well.
Jennifer C.
Executive Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

“Honest PCR Review!”

OverallBenefits are having a huge and easily accessible database that we can access from anywhere (the APP needs some work though, not great) overall I would recommend it.
ProsIt is pretty user friendly, there are a ton of features with PCR that are available and if you take the time to go through and experiment, you will find out how helpful it can really be. Roll ups are very easy to use and they have made some changes that make it easier to sort those as well.
ConsThere can be a lot of lagging, though I will say in the last year or so this has improved a ton.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 2, 2019
Thanks for your review, Jennifer! We're glad to hear that our continual infrastructure upgrades have been improving the speed for you! Hit our ideas and requests forum if you have any suggestions for the product.
Phil R.
June 3, 2019

“Great software for what I do”

OverallI use it as my go to CRM package with auto dialing
ProsEase of use. Can have multiple instances and never misses a beat.
ConsIntegration with certain tools like ZoomInfo and Lusha are troublesome at times.
Steve M.
May 29, 2019

“User Feedback for PCR - Very Positive”

OverallMy overall experience is very favorable. I continually review this software against other products including those that are more expensive and this remains my preferred solution. While others may appear more slick, feature for feature I have yet to find software in this price range that I prefer. Customer support and training are without equal.
Pros* PCR has the best support team I have encountered in IT * Training is always readily available * Excellent uptime - System has not been down since we have gone live * Feature-rich - capable of all needed recruiting functions * Open API well documented - helpful business partners
Cons* System still has a somewhat windows legacy navigation feel about it * Could do with some improvements in reporting * Lacks Javier API
Gregory B.
Programmer
Medical Practice, 1001-5000 employees
April 12, 2018

“A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting”

OverallSetting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use.
ProsOnce PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.
ConsThe interface is a little dated. I believe they are working on updates though. If you hire them to create custom forms or applications, it feels like you get a contractor who may not know what they should. Their other support staff are great though. The in program email system could use some work. Setting the system up to pass through Office365 exchange servers with a generic email account, didn't work out. We ended up spinning our own exchange server to handle it.
April 12, 2018
Kristin E.
Vice President
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2019

“PCR - from a recruiter...”

OverallI have used many systems and I do think PCR is comparable to some of the bigger software systems out there.
ProsI love that I can use it through the Microsoft "portal" and not have to switch from one program to the next! Here are other pro's: Importing resumes is easy Lots of fields to organize information Searches are easy
ConsI don't love the way resumes convert in PCR. I often have trouble editing them. Also, some resumes are easy to import and others are not. Other cons: Duplicates are too easily put in the system The cell phone system is very limited - you really can't do much from your phone Roll ups - mail merges - are not easy

By Main Sequence Technology on August 16, 2019
Thanks for the review, Kristin! Regarding your concerns, you may want to visit our Ideas & Requests forum to make your thoughts known on how we can help you avoid duplicates or what you'd like to see added to future mobile app updates.
Aya M.

“Great ATS!”

OverallAll experience using PCR so far is great! PCR is a very nice program, company, and staff! The call center is helpful as well. It is so worth to use it at our company.
ProsI use PCR every day. Always PCR catches up the trend of technology and has new features. Once you learn how to use it, it is very easy and friendly to use. I also like the training system. When we request training at our site, a trainer comes to our office. The trainer is always very friendly and knowledgeable. After the training, always he follows up with our questions as well. Great service!
ConsThere are so many features. It is probably a great thing, but it is hard to catch up with new features of technologies.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“User Friendly and Reasonably Priced!”

OverallOverall PCRecruiter has given me a good place to keep track of my companies and candidates, and it's user-friendliness have allowed me to train employees in a short period of time.
ProsIt's easy to use and there are many search options that allow you to find companies and names easily.
ConsSome search capabilities, such as duplicate name or company search, could be much better. They also NEED to install an option to customize the layout, like PCR 8 used to offer. The "standard" layout they require you to use does not fit my needs.

By Main Sequence Technology on May 31, 2019
Thank you for the review! The layouts on most screens can be customized (particularly the main name, company, and job records). If you need assistance with the customization, reach out to our support team and they'll be glad to work it out with you!
Guion S.
Senior Managing Partner- Talent Acquisitions & Executive Search
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
November 12, 2018

“A Recruiter's Best Friend”

OverallWe had an old database/recruiting software that was not cloud base. Having cloud based software has made much easier use for our user. PC Recruiter has bee very responsive to our needs and also quick in response time when having a problem or question.
ProsRamp up time on use is very user friendly. Training provided was excellent for onboarding Ease of looking up in "Help" Response time from PC Recruiter on help is excellent Willingness to work diligently with us on a large Data conversion Good product value for costs
ConsTook more months than anticipated on data conversion. If you have a older version software, than needs lot changes to convert, be prepared for 6 months to convert. We had anticipated 3 months.
November 12, 2018
October 30, 2018

“It's What We Needed!”

OverallComing from a Resumate program (cue prehistoric dinosaur sounds), this is SO much better than what we were using. There are some problems, and online documentation is definitely NOT as good as it could be. That said, we've really enjoyed using PCRecruiter, and have had good customer service from Sales and some of the other customer service people.
ProsProbably the best feature for me is that it can be customized/modified for ease of use. I'm sure not two companies work exactly the same way, and the database(s) are modifiable so that you may capture important information overall and metrics that are important to YOU.
ConsThe more advanced functions are not as user-friendly as I would like them to be. Also, our training was less than optimal.
October 30, 2018
Richard R.
VP of Strategic Operations
February 24, 2017

“PC Recruiter is a valued partner”

OverallMy organization is an RPO company in which we engage multiple clients. In most of these engagements, we bring an ATS solution. We use PC Recruiter as our primary system. We have worked with the team from PC Recruiter for almost a year now and have had great success with their ATS. Overall we are very satisfied with the functionality and features of the system.
ProsThe greatest "Pro" that I can point to is the team at PC Recruiter. They have been extremely responsive to our needs and have been there every step of the way as we configure and deliver their system. They have also been very willing to receive feedback and develop upgrades that have been "game changers" for the way we work. The Customer Service team is fantastic. Very knowledgeable and timely in their responses.
ConsSome of the system terminology and field names are confusing. The system is not overly intuitive. There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to leverage all of the bells and whistles that PCR has, but the Customer Service team is very helpful in helping you in your education.
February 24, 2017
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
August 5, 2019

“Does most of what it should”

OverallVery nice to store data for clients and candidates, and makes the recruiting process easier. I would recommend this to other users with the caveat that you do have to learn the system first before it makes sense and flows.
ProsI like the fact that there are several ways to do one thing. It's nice to have that type of functionality. The alarms also seem to work most of the time.
ConsSometimes it lags or times out if you are doing too many things at once. It would also be nice to have an autosave function on people profiles.

By Main Sequence Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for your review of PCRecruiter! Auto-save sounds like an interesting idea... be sure to share that in our Ideas & Requests forum on the helpdesk.
August 5, 2019
Meredith D.
Biotechnology, Self-employed
May 31, 2019

“Overall a good product for a small business.”

OverallOverall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business. I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.
ProsA good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.
Cons-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the * (wildcard) in PCR like you can in a true Boolean search). -Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. -You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile. -You cannot save the parameters you use most often when running reports on your open positions. (They call "Job Orders" positions in their system). You have to re-enter everything from scratch every time.