MobileServe Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

About MobileServe

MobileServe's mobile and web apps make it easy for individuals to track and verify their service work, while providing institutions with valuable data about their volunteers. Administrators have access to a dashboard that shows real-time aggregate and individual data about volunteers, their service activities, and economic impact. The dashboard offers robust reporting, event management and goal tracking. Learn more about MobileServe

“MobileServe”

OverallOverall, I think the program is good and will be sticking with it for another year. The customer service is outstanding! Because of that I was able to overcome the learning curves easily, and then help students do the same.
ProsOnline tracking is way easier than my old spreadsheet method. Having students be responsible for reporting their own hours (although with some pitfalls) was much nicer than having faculty in charge of recording and reporting hours. The personal responsibility associated with it is good for character building. Even though they occasionally made mistakes on their logs, learning to be diligent, follow up, and check afterwards is a good lesson. The analytic features, being able to easily break down hours by individual, grade, organization, etc. was great.
ConsWe found the homepage display confusing, as it displayed the total hours entered, and not approved. Students have to check the "Activity" page to see what has been verified. In many cases students would misprint an email address, hence the faculty would never see it to approve it, but the student would glance at their home screen and think they have logged it correctly. This learning curve created a few instances of confusion and negative feelings. Likewise, there were a few minor details that students needed to learn in order to submit logs correctly, like making sure they select a category, or enter the email address in the correct line. Again, this is just a learning curve issue that made it less user friendly initially.
Teresita G.
Community Service Coordinator
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 13, 2019

“Novice user with some advice”

OverallI enjoy the product very much. Very easy for students to download and use. I like the customer service alot. I really like how it quickly issues reports and manipulates the data.
ProsIt is very easy for students to download and use. Mobile app is pretty user friendly and simple. The photo upload is a great feature The customer service is always great. The dashboard is generally good. I enjoy how easy it is to draft a report and bring up the information I need. The student logs are easy to view and approve/disapprove, and it is great to be able to send them a message. I can now log and analyze more aspects of their service activities than just the hours served. So I have a better idea where they are going, and using the attributes i can look at some other aspects of school engagement that intersect with service.
ConsThe app is visually a bit light and hard to see the words on the phone. The words on the app is sometimes misleading. For example in the app it says "begin serving" to record an activity. That confuses my younger students as it seems like they are supposed to "check in" as they would a sign in sheet at our events. When in reality that is not the case. There is a glitch that does not allow some devices to take a full picture of a letter. It automatically crops. I would like to an option as to how the students view the overall number upon opening, Since that number reflects hours for everything. I would prefer it would only show the approved hours served within the allotted goal time frame. The dashboard could be more user friendly. There are some features that are clumsy like finding sub orgs and goals depending on the page you are in. I forget that sometimes I am within a sub-org vs in the main page of my dashboard because it looks exactly the same. So I waste time fumbling until I remember the distinction. I wish there was a better way to organize in the photos tab. Like making it searchable, sortable. Would also like to be able to assign the same goal to several sub orgs. I end up having to create so many goals per sub org and some are the same.
Elena C.
Student Life Assistant

“Love MobileServe”

OverallMy overall experience has been really good. The support system at MobileServe is wonderful. The tech that I work with is very responsive, and extremely helpful. When I need to know something new (i.e. reports), the tech will send me a video and walk me through it step by step. MobileServe has made this part of my job so much easier. I so happy that we were introduced to Mobileserve.
ProsIt's easy to work with. I love that students can get supervisor signatures on site, or that they can email their supervisor requesting approval, and Mobileserve will send the supervisor and email for approval. I use to have to do all the entries myself, now with Mobileserve students are responsible for their own entries. It has saved me a lot of time, and my time is now used with just simply verifying student service entry. Mobileserve has made this part of my job a lot easier, and more efficient.
ConsWhat I don't like is that you cannot tell when a student has a new entry. You have to go into each of the students records to see if a new entry was entered. What I would like to see, is when a new entry is entered, it should have a flag informing you that a entry has been submitted. This would save time from having to go into each individuals students records looking for new entries.
Mary Ellen M.
July 30, 2019

“Mobile Serve and Service Projects for Middle and High Schoolers”

OverallNo business problems, just getting used to the system and the challenge to train my 11 and 12 year old's who have to call or text parents to have them set up the account - takes time. The high school students have no problem, they can set up their own accounts with parental help.
ProsNumber 1: I like the ease that students can log in their service hours by either taking a photo of the place they served, or having an adult supervisor sign their name on the student's cell phone or having the student send the supervisor a verification form that just needs a click an automatically logged in. Number 2: as a teacher I have easy access to verify student's service it's at my fingertips. Number 3: Alleviates a "paper trail," which is what I had to use; now, I am paperless. Number 4: Expert help was always available and responsive in a timely manner.
ConsNumber 1: I work with 7th graders who are 11 or 12 years old and they need parental consent, first. I understand the policy, however, a mother e-mailed me she did not want to give her social security number to Mobile Serve. This was one experience - she waited until her daughter turned 13 (in April) and could set up her account on her own. Another "negative" is the system does not allow me to check the same student multiple times, that is, when I log into a student's account to check for verification of her service, I check, then want to check her other services, but I am out of her account and have to go to the beginning where all students are listed and click on her name to check for the next service. I don't have the liberty to stay on the same person and scroll and check her other services.
Jessi B.
Head of Humanitarian Service
September 6, 2019

“Excellent tool for tracking service hours”

OverallThe students find the app very user-friendly and reporting hours is much easier for them now. I like that there is a way to put in volunteer shifts now with the number of volunteers needed so that students can sign up for specific time slots. The mobile app checks them in when they arrive, which is very convenient. Also, when we have events on campus, the students can sign in and out using the kiosk mode.
ProsThe customer service is excellent. The team is very responsive to our needs and to our suggestions for future upgrades. I manage the service hours for over 150 students a year. MobileServe makes it easy to track and verify hours as well as to communicate with volunteers. I love the ability to set goals and also to create reports from all the data.
ConsThe only things I wish this software had that it doesn't are: 1) The ability to attach a file to a service event. Many service opportunities require an application and I can't attach the applications to the event announcement. 2) The ability to announce/advertise an open-ending volunteering opportunity. The opportunities have to be an event or something that occurs on a recurring date. If there is an organization that has flexible hours and/or that is looking for students to volunteer over a long period of time, I can't use the event feature.
September 6, 2019
Oscar C.
August 25, 2019

“Basic Program but meets my needs”

OverallI would say my overall experience has been good but there needs to be improvements to the website and dashboard. The app and the website is a basic program. It would help me a lot if there was a "admin" app to work from on my phone.
ProsI like the ability to be able to monitor the hours in one single location.
ConsThere is not an easy way of switching from one record to another. I have brought this up with the software team about 8 months ago. They mentioned it will be fixed over the summer and still have not see any improvements. If a character or word is left in the search field, it does not go away unless you delete it. If I was not aware of the program, it would stay there until I ask for help. On the main website, they have a "chat" feature but it is not manned 24 hrs a day. Therefore, what is the purpose of the chat function. It would be nice that when the users enters hours on the app, that all fields be required or it can not be submitted. I have had many troubles with students not entering all the information such as category, supervisor names, supervisor's email, etc. If the student does not enter category, then I as the admin is not able to see the entry.
August 25, 2019
Jared M.
Program Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

“MobileServe Reflection”

OverallFantastic option to utilize our volunteer tracking.
ProsI like most that it gives an economic value to the volunteering that people do and provides a beautiful graphic to display to others when sharing information about your volunteer impact. I also really like the breakdown of volunteer options for each user.
ConsI think the event creator for volunteering is clunky and could be more user-friendly. I also wish that there was a notification function via the mobile app that I could approve hours. I also would like to see an economic value calculator or option for the type of volunteer work that is being done ex. a volunteer nurse has a greater economic value than a volunteer teen.
Raymond O.
Service Learning Director
August 5, 2019

“User Friendly & Effective”

OverallOverall, the experience is positive and the software works well. The team who updates and maintains the software are very responsive and helpful.
ProsThe mobile app is flexible and user friendly. It allows for multiple ways to verify service. The one feature that needs modifying is the limit on the on the number of hours service. Currently it's 20. To get around this one goes to his/her online account via a computer to edit the activity. MobileServe also offers sub-organizations as a way to organize groups and editable categories for different areas of service.
ConsThe limit an administrator has to changing content on a user's account. A school administrator cannot change a student account for accuracy. The student needs to do this and students do not always follow through. So, having access to account while an individual is associated with the organization would be an improvement. Also, MobileServe does not work with Naviance, the system used in the college admissions process. This would be helpful as most schools use this service and adding one's service profile to Naviance is an important step in the process.
August 5, 2019
Monica S.
Campus Minister, Teacher

“Service as you go”

OverallIt has been genuinely good. It was difficult getting another administrator on as it took several months.
ProsYou do not need to remember to bring the paper. The student always has an accounting of her hours throughout her high school experience as she applies for scholarships, college, awards, and other organizations like National Honor Society. As an administrator I can give an instant accounting of the service hours and where the students did their hours.
ConsThere is no where on the app that says be sure to fill everything in or the hours will not register with the administrator. I had many snafus with making sure the number of hours that were registered with me were also the same as she had. The directions at times were confusing...
Ladona A.
GT Coordinator/Student-Y Chapter Advisor
August 10, 2017

“Quick and easy communication with groups and individuals!”

OverallThe students can take it with them and be accountable to get the signatures and keep a running log of their hours. I did miss emails sometimes to go in an sign-off as an advisor for some of the students and it threw them behind on knowing how many hours counted for them. We did get a bit better over time with them reminding me.
ProsHaving the students to be organized and accountable on the spot with their Community Service hours is fantastic! Being able to keep in contact with so many people in so many different places at one time, ease of use, and user-friendly updates from our suggestions are all fantastic.
ConsGetting the students to consistently use it to track their hours and would love a quick-high school friendly tutorial within the app. so they could learn how to use it quickly.
Kate P.
Director of the Center for Leadership

“Overall a good product”

OverallOverall, it has reduced my workload considerably by having the recording of hours done through the app. The only problem is that there are too many students submitting incomplete records and thinking that they're done with their part of it when they're not. Having said that, when I do reach out to MobileServe, they are quick with a response and have promptly addressed most issues.
ProsIt's easy to set up and use. Students are able to work with the app easily and the feedback from them is that it's much easier than the paper system we used before.
ConsI wish that certain fields (such as the name of the organization served and the verification information for the supervisor) could be required but because that can't be customized by school we haven't been able to get that feature. This means that many students log in hours without including any source of verification which means I need to track down those students and instruct each one on how to fix the problem. Also, when they log in they see the hours that they've recorded, not the hours that have been approved which is misleading for them.
Ashley M.
January 29, 2019

“Great, but a few ideas”

Pros- The app is so easy for the students to use. - I love being able to set goals. - This saves so much time compared to having to input all of their information into a spreadsheet.
Cons- It would be nice to create a report & save the parameters, so I don't have to run and edit reports over and over again. - It would be helpful if the Bulk Create had a drop down list of the students within the organization so I could just go down the list and check the students it applied to instead of having to key in each name. - Allow the option of putting multiple dates, or a range of time, for a service entry - Allow admins to add locations that their students use regularly. - It would be nice if, when viewing a submitted service activity, I could click their name and be taken to their account so I can confirm that they already haven't received credit for that event. - It would be nice if the home screen that the students see could include their active goal totals instead of their overall total. I had a lot of problems with students thinking that they had completed their hours for the year since it was the total and not the hours from the goal they were working on. - It would also be nice if the end date of the goal showed up on the goal tracker. - Would it be possible to have the date a specific goal ends, but allow the admin to set an later date that they can input hours? For example: there are always a few students who turn their remaining hours in late. So though they are due on say Dec 7, I take late hours until finals. I would prefer not to change the date for all students, but I do need to be able to add late hours so they show up in the goal report.
January 29, 2019
Justin G.
Instructional Technology Specialist
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
July 30, 2019

“It works well and easy enough to navigate.”

ProsOut of all of the service hour tracking systems available, MobileServe had the most options. It has a sleek interface the translates well to mobile devices. There are several ways for uses to verify their service hours. Running reports is relatively easy.
ConsYou cannot create user accounts yourself, all endusers need to register and add an organization code. When dealing with hundreds of users, it can be pretty frustrating trying to get all of the users to follow all of the steps to register properly. If they gave admins the option to upload a user spreadsheet like most other systems I use, this would be so much easier. I really would also like the ability to remove users from the organizations if they change status or leave.
Kari S.
Senior Theology Teacher
August 18, 2017

“This has streamlined so much for our service program.”

OverallIt allows us to begin tracking our students' service experiences from their very first day at our school until their last four years down the road. I especially appreciate what it allows us to track with our multi-faceted senior level semester long projects.
ProsI appreciate that Mobile Serve listens to our concerns and actively works to update the functionality of the app. It has grown so much in the short time we've used it!
ConsThere are some features with sorting that could be improved, but otherwise, anytime we've had a suggestion they have been more than willing to work with us to either find a solution as is or to adapt the program to suit our needs.
August 18, 2017
Andres L.
Service Hours Coordinator
August 13, 2019

“Review by Cathedral High School”

OverallI really like Mobile Serve. It's nice and easy to use. I believe this is the third year we have been using this program.
ProsWhat I most like about Mobile Serve, is that I can download how many hours the students did into an excel document. This makes it easier for me to count and add up, when I need to inform religion teachers on how many hours each student has.
ConsWhat I don't like is that the excel document in which I download all the hours that the students did, does not arrange the students by alphabetical order, I have to do that my self. I also don't like the fact that students can go back and log hours that they did in the past. This makes it difficult for me because our students are supposed to do certain hours of service every 9 weeks, but if they go back in time and add hours in the past, then that throws off my counting.
Ben P.
Teen Programs Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Incredibly useful for Volunteer Tracking”

OverallThis is a fabulous program that ensures volunteers have everything they need to succeed.
ProsI love that we can hold our team accountable through this product - it allows us to ensure everyone has access to volunteer opportunities, keep track of logged hours, and identify how our service impacts our community.
ConsIt has had several upgrades and improvements since we started - though I would say that the main issue has been lacking certain features we wished were there. All of which are probably particular to only us.
Brandon L.

“MobileServe Review”

OverallOverall, a very useful product. Some students complain about usability, however, after some additional help all are perfectly fine.
ProsI like the fact that this application gives me different data points to help promote community service. It also allows me to track hours easily.
ConsSome of the functionality could be improved. Incorporating a legend for the various symbols one encounters could also be helpful. Having the ability to export data into a spreadsheet by groups could also prove highly useful.
Dustin S.
Director of Teens & Outdoor Enrichment
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
January 21, 2019

“MobileServe”

OverallIt's an added hastle to have to track all volunteer hours manually, so why not give that responsibility to the volunteer and that saves SO much time for the coordinator of the event/program. Customer Service has always been great and I love that it all started as an idea in the YMCA! I have suggested it to numerous facilities and organizations to help track their volunteers! :)
ProsThe ability to have the volunteers track their own hours and the verification processes. Attaching location, adding photos, signature feature, and the email. Very helpful there are options!
ConsThe color scheme. To be honest, it's hard to see sometimes due to the lack of contrast. White and very light baby blue is very hard to read.
January 21, 2019
Summer J.
Student Activities
July 30, 2019

“Game changer for the management of service hours required for graduation ”

OverallVery customer oriented and responsive. And very affordable considering the time saved!
ProsBefore I collected hundreds of services hour records and logged and filled them. Now the students record their time and I approve it. They can see where they are at in terms of meeting graduation requirements. It super easy to use.
ConsI would love it if the service categories would report the total number separately on the home page. But I can still see that in service resume.
Jillian C.
teacher, Community Service Coordinator
January 18, 2019

“It's easier to track service at our school”

OverallOverall, I like it, because it's made it possible to track service in our school! I hope that users are offered more flexibility so that we can configure it in a way that will save us time.
ProsStudents and faculty can easily put in entries when they do service, and we can easily verify it through email.
ConsGoing through entries and approving or rejecting entries is a pain! I wish that you could have required fields. For example, I wish that users had to put in an email address in order for MobileServe to accept an entry. I also wish that I could choose how to organize the entries, and that it would stay like that. I also hate that you have to choose a category in order to reject or accept an entry. These things seem small, but they add up, and make using it much more time-consuming that we'd predicted!
Sarah M.
Dean of Student Activities
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2019

“MobileServe helps me keep our students' community service organized”

OverallMobileServe has made it easy for me to track community service hours for 300+ students. Reports are much easier to generate now so I can push out data quickly to my administrators. We will keep using MobileServe!
Pros1. It's easy for our students to use when logging their hours. 2. When I have questions, I simply email customer service and get a reply within 24 hours, if not sooner. They're also great about phone support.
ConsPurging students is a pain. The MobileServe team has said they're working on it, so I look forward to their solution!
July 31, 2019
Kelsey M.
Philanthropy Chair
August 10, 2017

“Easy to integrate, easy to understand regardless of level of abilty with technology”

OverallMore participation from the members and more desire from members to log their hours and activities
ProsHow much it simplified everything for the philanthropy chair from dashboard to reports. It made calculating totals and ensuring members were reaching their goals 10 times easier. It allowed for me as the philanthropy chair to monitor over time rather than checking every six months as we had done prior to the product. Being able to monitor in real time allowed for me to connect with members who might not have been reaching their goals.
ConsNone, the only hard part was getting our members to WANT to use it but once they did use it and saw how great the product was they loved it.
Kate H.
Registrar
August 7, 2019

“A good product that could be great”

OverallWe appreciate having the ability to track service hours through the app, and even with its limited reporting, the program is far superior to a spreadsheet. MobileServe is a good program that with a few added features could be great.
ProsThe interface is straightforward and fairly intuitive. The infographics give a quick view of our groups' performance towards their service goals.
ConsThe reporting functions leave much to be desired. Though the infographics look nice, they only provide a limited view of the data, and we have not found a way to access more advanced reporting. The approval process for supervisors is also somewhat uneven as the system-generated e-mails don't always seem to reach the supervisor.
August 7, 2019
Kyle E.
Information Systems Manager
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
January 25, 2019

“MobileServe for School Environment”

OverallOur overall experience with MobileServe has been awesome. Support has been quick via email and phone calls and MobileServe has always been willing to help and hear us out. Thank you so much MobileServe, we hope to continue our partnership and grow with you guys for many more years to come!
ProsI like the ease of use of the MobileServe App on our students iPad's and the customization abilities as a MobileServe administrator on the back-end. This has helped us eliminate stacks of paper that required manual entry into a spreadsheet for 2000+ students. Thank you MobileServe.
ConsThe initial registration process for students was a little cumbersome as it required a code sent via email. Students tried to register without the email (which worked) but it didn't place them in a grade level, then they would go through their email to register and the system would say the account was already created under that email. Not a big issue as most students followed directions and registered using the initial email sent to them by MobileServe.
January 25, 2019
Josh M.
August 13, 2019

“Mobile Serve 2018-2019 school year”

OverallOverall, it is pretty good for what we are looking for. I don't know if there are better options out there, but it offers us an easy way to track all of our students service hours and make sure they are keeping up on their requirements.
ProsI like that I am able to track the amount of hours logged by users as a whole as well as in sub organizations.
ConsI wish there was a way that we could clear out the service logs at the end of each year so that we can start tracking anew.
Kevin K.
Faculty
August 6, 2019

“MobileServe pros and cons ”

OverallThere is a lot of responsibility being placed on one member of our school to log all the hours now and it has altered the relationship our students have with their service supervisors: MobileServe and the constant updating has made their experience feel much more transactional and cumbersome to the supervisors than our older pen and paper system. But, transparency and thoroughness seem to win out!
ProsI do like that our boys need to log all of their hours consistently, they have to seek approval every week and there is a way to track them in an up-to-date manner. I think the team that runs the site is very helpful and responds quickly to requests. There are a reasonable amount of options that are helpful for our students and different ways to log their hours.
ConsI don't like that we can't track the hours easily In a manner that is useful to our schools service requirement (hours, visits and consistency are all important to us and we need to do a lot of the leg work ourselves after the initial log)
Jeff B.
Service Coordinator

“MobileServe”

ProsRelatively easy to use and track totals for each graduating class as well as the entire high school.
ConsA little extra work to get the set-up correct for an entire incoming freshmen class, but after doing it once I think we've worked out most of the bugs.
Grace B.
student
August 31, 2017

“Through the KY YMCA, I have utilized MobileServe as a tool to log hours for Y-Corps. I love it!”

OverallI am able to track all my community service and access it at any time. I also love that I can share my service stories!
ProsI love that it is easy to access my community service involvement. My most favorite thing about this software is the story telling involved. I love that I can go back and look at stories of service. Pictures included are also a great plus! I love that I can share pictures of service, rather than gloating them on social media.
ConsI feel that it can be timely. I find myself in a habit of "stocking" my hours and submitting them all at one time for the week or month. I also wish there was a way to go back and plug in pictures from service.
Julie P.
August 2, 2019

“Service Hour Tracking is Easy”

OverallIt's been the easiest way to track and verify volunteer hours that our institution has ever used.
ProsI liked seeing the service hours for each of the students all on one screen, hours for each calculated for me. Having verification from the event where they served documented where they served by having the event organizer sign/email and even the place for a picture. I also really liked that I could leave comments of encouragement for each user when they recorded volunteer hours.
ConsSoftware was not intuitive, spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out on my own before having to go to the software administrator at our site, where he showed me how to get to the "Dashboard" first, then go to "users" then how to navigate around to approve hours. It seems to me that the "Dashboard" screen should be what a user comes to first when logging in, as that is the whole reason we are using the program.
August 2, 2019
Lauren K.
September 14, 2017

“I used this app to log hours for classes and it was easy to use”

OverallI got an easy way to log service hours that kept me up to date with my progress. It was really accessible and the app helped me regulate my time and see how much longer I have until I reached my goal. I also found that the app was well received by the people I was volunteering with and overall I really enjoyed using it.
ProsI like the simple set up, and the easy ways to log the hours. Getting a signature and adding a geotag were useful additions that helped my overall experience.
ConsSometime the software would glitch or the signature on the mobile phone wouldn't work right and that was frustrating but it was nothing major.
September 14, 2017
January 22, 2019

“Easy to Use Volunteer Service Tracking System”

OverallMobileServe has been very open to my suggestions and ideas as they continue to develop their product. I have been happy with it.
ProsI appreciate the clean layout and accessible search features offered by MobileServe. I find it very easy to search data by user name and filter it by dates. I have over 200 users I keep track of, so this software makes it easy.
ConsI do not like that, at this time, I cannot edit user profiles myself but have to contact Customer Service and have them do it. They are always helpful about doing it, but I'd rather have the ability to do it myself.
January 22, 2019
Gary L.
Educator
August 11, 2017

“Mobile Serve has taken our community service program to a whole new level!”

ProsAs the director of our school's community service program, I find the ease-of-use to be excellent. Students appreciate the ability to log hours right from their phones - and even post pictures of their service experience. I like the real time response; students can know their up-to-date service hours totals as fast as they can check a text message! I love the reports that can be produced from the admin side. The communications features are nice too; I can push out a service opportunity for my students (and receive responses) at any time with one entry on my dashboard
ConsHonestly, most of the bugs were in the first few months of launching Mobile Serve in our school and support always responded quickly to my help requests. The only thing I can think of now is that there is no current way to archive sub groups - though I've heard they're working on it.
August 11, 2017
Rachel F.
Director Magis Christian Service Program

“Mobile Serve Review”

ProsI like that Mobile Serve is willing to work with me to make changes or adapt the product to my needs. Mobile Serve has great customer service and is pretty intuitive to use.
ConsI don't like how setting up new accounts in the system works. I also would love to be able to select which fields I want to pull in reports.
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
January 18, 2019

“High School use of Mobile Serve”

OverallIt has overall been a positive move. It makes performing service hours quite easier.
ProsI liked that it really helps me save time and gives me an accurate account of where everyone stands with hours in each class. I do like the Dashboard.
ConsWhen I check the students hours I have to remember to make sure I put in the starting date. One of my teachers cannot get into mobile serve to check her students. No one has been able to assist us. Some of the student have difficulty in linking their hours to my dashboard.
Karen C.
Director of Campus Ministry
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
August 20, 2019

“High School Service Hour Tracking”

ProsWe were able to greatly decrease paperwork in our office while also making it harder for students to falsify service hours.
ConsWe wish there was a little more flexibility or options in terms of accepting service hours. For instance, we require all freshmen to do a certain type of service each quarter (e.g. serve the homeless). So if they do another type of service (e.g. tutor children) we can't accept it because we don't want it to count towards what's required that quarter. However, we wish could "partially" accept it or something, so that it could count towards a different total that they could then use/reference when applying for scholarships and such.
Chris S.
Academic Dean
August 13, 2019

“An excellent way to track service hours”

OverallIt's been a great platform, and I look forward to it improving with time!
ProsI like that it aggregates all my data and gives me good reporting, and that it's easy to use.
ConsIt needs to be easier to post events, and find local events to share them. You have the data, make it available to share with our users with one click of a button.
Cortney L.
Assistant Director
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2019

“MobileServe has changed the game for us!”

OverallThe customer service that I have experienced while working with MobileServe has been top-notch! I would recommend that to anyone tracking service hours!
ProsThis software is extremely user-friendly for our students, Community Partners, and system administrator.
ConsThe lack of an ability to make certain fields of the entries required for our students.
Vicky L.
Director of Special Events
August 20, 2019

“In theory this is great, but in practice it's difficult”

OverallFrustrating and difficult.
ProsMobile & online access was my most appreciated part, but unfortunately the mobile access backfired when it came to our largely not-tech savvy parent population.
ConsActive reporting - when I try to print out a volunteer list for an event it does not separate it into a format that is easy to decipher -- all the info is bunched up in a strange document that does not clearly indicate who signed up for what shift, and what that person's contact phone or email is. To me it is not intuitive on the user side either. If the shift or the name of the event or the time is not recorded correctly, or the user doesn't know the name of the event they end up creating their own sign in/out, and it does not point back to the actual event they are working. Additionally when trying to print the volunteer schedule, the times of the shifts change to Eastern time. We are using this software in the Pacific time zone, and the shifts when printed change to 3 hours later. It makes it confusing and difficult. I don't believe I received adequate training on setting things up, and don't know the features available.
Terri R.
Director of Mission Effectiveness and Campus Ministry
August 13, 2019

“Great addition to our program!”

ProsThis software is user-friendly for our clientele and can be tailored to the needs of our specific organization. The customer service we have received has been outstanding. They are attentive, responsive, listen to our needs and go the extra mile to meet our requests.
ConsI honestly don't have any concerns about this software.
David B.
Associate Director of Campus Ministry
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
February 11, 2019

“MobileServe Feedback”

OverallWe are improving our tracking of service hours in our community.
ProsMobileServe is very user friendly. It did not take very long to master the different features. The customer support is also a pro.
ConsThere are a few features that would help our staff take more advantage of this tool.
February 11, 2019
Lyndsey L.
September 3, 2017

“MobileServe is great for keeping track of service opportunities and hours that you have completed!”

OverallWith MobileServe, I don't have to write down my service hours or try to think back and count hours. It's all in one place for me.
ProsI like that all of my volunteer information is in one place and I can keep track of how many hours of service I have completed without having to think back to the last few months every time I need to know how much service I have done.
ConsI need to complete a number of service hours per semester, so the only thing that I don't like about MobileServe is that each semester I can't set a date to count my hours from. My home screen shows me all of the hours I've ever completed, so if I need to see how many I've completed each semester, I have to go the activity log and count the hours between two dates rather than being able to click on certain semesters and seeing how much I completed in that time period.
September 3, 2017
Katy G.
Spanish Teacher
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallOverall my experience has been great!
ProsMobile Serve is pretty user friendly and intuitive
ConsDifficult to find group members even when group code is given
Jonet W.
Customer service
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2017

“Very easy to keep track of hours love it”

OverallKeeping track of all activity
ProsVery easy to keep track of volunteer hours. It's great to see how many hours I have put in.bi really enjoy the site.
ConsClick in and out to put in Al the volunteer hours I have done. I would like to click once and put as many hours as at once
Brad H.
Assistant Dean of the McMaster School
February 6, 2018

“MobileServe has allowed me to track my students hours and to empower them to take responsibility.”

ProsI like how easy the software is accessible and that students can use them on any devices. One of my favorite features is the photo upload. I have been able to see the students in action.
ConsThey are still updating the software to continue to make it easier to use, but sometimes it is not as easy to navigate as I would like. They are very helpful if you have any issues.
February 6, 2018
Nicole F.
March 21, 2017

“We Are #Blessed”

OverallMobileServe is heaven-sent. We've struggled with recording and organizing all our philanthropy, service, and study hours for years -- we had even given up some of our service goals just because it was impossible to keep track -- but then MobileServe came along. Just minutes into the the pitch, we were sold. It's become our one-stop shop. We use it for all our events, so all the information is in one place, people can RSVP, and it automatically sends reminders. We log everything on there too. Instead of using Google Documents that people always forget to update, everyone logs their service or study hours right then and there. Plus, we ask everyone to geo-verify so we can keep people accountable. We just got started with MobileServe a month or two ago, so all 150+ chapter members are still getting the hang of it, but we've already seen so much improvement. We could not recommend it more strongly. In terms of administration, the company is always developing and adding features, and they have been really receptive to our needs. They have made sure that we figure everything out. Mobile-Serve is a great company, through and through. 10/10 Would Recommend.
ProsYou can log and organize almost anything!
ConsSome features are still being developed.
Recommendations to other buyersThe features are all flexible, so even if you don't initially think the app could do something, there's probably a way to finagle it.
March 21, 2017
Stacia B.
July 30, 2019

“MobileServe is a Lifesaver!”

OverallMobileServe has made my life much easier! It is a great way to record and save student community service records in a secure manner. Very user friendly for students and allows them to record completed hours immediately upon rendering service.
ProsNo more paperwork for recording student service hours. Access to a "service resume" when students need a formal document for scholarships or other applications.
ConsIt is a little challenging to navigate when you first get started (as an administrator). Finding all settings items (i.e. Student Code) is hard for students to navigate on an iPad or smart phone.
Mollie S.
Teen Advisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 20, 2019

“Mobile Serve Review - Teen Volunteers”

OverallMy teen Leaders Club at the YMCA uses MobileServe to log their volunteer hours. They preferred it ten thousand times over keeping track of hours on paper. I especially like the data features. Prior to using MobileServe, hours had to be manually calculated each month.
Pros- Ease of logging volunteer hours - Ease of tracking volunteer hours for an entire group - All data aspects - Absolute best costumer service!
Cons- There is not a way to reset or view for a specific time range as a user - I would love to be able to create sign ups for the events within the app
Deirdre F.
Theology Teacher, Campus Ministry
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
August 13, 2019

“Malden Catholic High School”

OverallI need to speak to someone from Mobile Serve in the fall regarding tweaking how students in the Girls Side of Malden Catholic record their service.
ProsMuch easier for both the teachers and students to use than our previous service tracking app our school utilized.
ConsWe have only actively used it for less than 2 months. Summer service that was submitted will be approved when the students return. This is very hard to ascertain at this point.
Sr. Carmen F.
August 11, 2019

“User-friendly Mobile Serve app”

ProsMobileServe is a wonderful tool for those who desire to log hours of service. It is practical since it can be used on a mobile device or on a desktop computer. It is easy to use and very convenient for supervisors to verify the submissions of their volunteers. Because of the geo stamp and supervisor verification, the app assists those approving hours to determine the validity of the submissions. I especially love that the app gives users the ability to download reports that they can use for scholarships and internships.
ConsIt would be helpful if the app was more like the website in its ability to log service hours that exceeded 24 hours, such as mission trips or weekly commitments.
August 11, 2019
Amy G.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“The best volunteer tracking platform you can buy!”

ProsEase of use, look and feel, connection to social media, dashboard, ease of verification of hours, customer and technical service by MobileServe staff,
ConsThe only con is the cost. For our small nonprofit it is expensive, but providing free accounts to students has been worth it to us.
August 22, 2019