Studio Ninja Ratings

Overall

About Studio Ninja

Welcome to the world's most user-friendly photography business app for web and mobile. Studio Ninja helps photographers all over the world make bigger sales, remove stress and free up valuable time by managing their leads, shoots, invoices and quotes, contracts, workflows and so much more. Learn more about Studio Ninja

Kate R.
Photographer/ Owner

“The Best”

OverallNothing but amazing.
ProsEverything about it, from the quick customer service to the connection to Xero. The team is consistently improving it and taking suggestions from the Facebook forum, and are super quick to reply to all inquires. My clients love how easy it is to book and the fact that there is an easily accessible app to use on the go is awesome as well.
ConsSometimes there are errors that I don't know how to fix, but again.. I just have to contact the team and they walk me through it easily.
Mark F.
July 1, 2019

“So simple and saves so much time!”

OverallI've saved SO much time! My clients love the invoicing format and I now spend almost no time chasing unpaid invoices thanks to the automated emailing. I recommend Studio Ninja to my photographer friends all the time and now they love it too.
ProsI can't even count the hours this software has saved me! Workflow reminders, automated emails and, most importantly, automated invoice reminders. My stress levels are at much healthier levels thanks to Studio Ninja!
ConsIf I have to find a con I guess it's that there aren't a lot of specialized features, but that is what keeps it simple. I've gotten lost using other more complex software previously so this is more a pro than a con for me.
July 1, 2019
August 15, 2018

“Look elsewhere”

OverallWe needed a simple CRM and payment system, and while we got the simple part, so many other issues came up that I wish I'd gone somewhere else. I now understand the value of choosing and learning a more complicated set up because ultimately it will be more flexible, and probably better service and support too. I very much regret paying for a whole year, though it does mean I have time now to move to another system.
ProsIt's seemingly easy to use, mostly because there aren't that many features to confuse first timers.
ConsIt is, at best, an immature product. The roadmap on their Facebook User page is regularly updated, but most of those features are just catching up to other established systems. The core functionality has a veneer of polish but once you use it for a few months cracks appear. For one thing, it is slow. If you check off two or three items quickly in the workflow it takes a second for the server to catch up, and it unclicks itself. You have to wait to make sure it is clicked before you move onto the next step. Automations make no sense, you can have it automatically send an email at a particular time but only in steps of hours and days -- so if you want to have an automation to send an email after something is filled in the soonest is "1 hour after" the event, there's no option for immediately. And the automation email only sends it to the client, there's no way to have a reminder email sent to any other address! So if you have multiple clients then the automation only sends it to one. There are tons of other issues just like this, making the overall experience incredibly frustrating. This is made worse by the fact that one of the staff who is active on the Facebook User page is rude, defensive, and prefers to reply with accusations and snide comments rather than to listen to issues their users have. His solution to a few of the common issues is for the business to change its workflow, not for the software to accommodate. Join the group to see for yourself.
August 15, 2018
Natasha B.

“Wow”

ProsAPPRECIATION POST TO STUDIO NINJA! This is a godsend!! I am so glad we decided to go ahead with this subscription! Makes our booking systems so easy to see if we are already booked - and a great way to monitor each others appointments! We had expo today it was amazing to be able to tell clients instantly whether or not we were available as everything is just easily found! Now I have it, i'll never go without it! Any photographers looking to get on board - trust me you won't ever look back. It is worth every penny! Oh and customer service is unbelievable. Team always on hand to help with any issues and constantly updating the system to satisfy our photography needs. Teahouse Studios - Adelaide Australia
ConsIt doesn't matter because SN are always quick to take on feedback and adapt the system to satisfy us.
Catalina F.
Professional Photographer
July 9, 2019

“Studio Ninja is the most convenient go-to for photographers!”

OverallI love studio ninja, very easy to use. I'm a Wedding and sports photographer from New Jersey and this website helps me keep updated with all my clients and upcoming assignments. I've tried Tave and other softwares but Studio Ninja is by far the best I've come across.
ProsThe convenience of it, the ability to manage upcoming jobs, invoices, calendar utility. I love everything about studio ninja & the support desk is always ready to help!
Consnothing to dislike, if any changes need to be made - they're already on top of updaupdatingteing the site & always finding new ways to improve it.
July 9, 2019
Chris R.

“Excellent Photography CRM”

ProsExcellent software, especially if you've never used a photography CRM before or find your current one confusing. As a company, Studio Ninja is one of the most customer-centric I have come across. They truly try to do their very best for their users.
ConsThere are a few features we as users are still waiting on, but the great thing is that the Studio Ninja team take user suggestions into consideration, and they also keep you in the loop on what they're working on upgrading.
Luke V.
June 18, 2019

“Would be lost without it ”

OverallThey basically run my business for me. And I am not exaggerating here. Keep up the excellent work
ProsMan I just gotta show some love to the software (And people) behind my business. Responsive, involved, always innovating. I would not have the business I have without Studio Ninja - No doubt... Much love my homies.
ConsLiterally nothing. I cannot flaw a single thing.
June 18, 2019
Emma S.
Business Owner
June 27, 2019

“Studio Ninja is AMAZING!”

OverallLove it, I've had the most successful year by far, thanks to SN keeping me so organised.
ProsI wish I hadn't waited as long as I did to sign up. Its a total time saver and I am so much more organised now. After 11 years I have gone full time with my photography and wouldn't have been able to do that without SN. The SN team are fantastic they are so helpful. THANK YOU SN XO
ConsNothing. They are constantly making improvements so it just keeps getting better and better.
June 27, 2019
Nicki S.
June 21, 2019

“The best software going”

OverallCan't fault them. I would happily recommend this to anyone needing structure to their admin. Such a time saver and easy to set up.
ProsEverything! It makes life so much easier. Admin hours have reduced and the fun has returned to work! So user friendly and gives such a professional look to my paperwork now.
ConsNothing. The software is fantastic, as is the customer support.
June 21, 2019
Grace K.
Videographer
August 8, 2019

“Fantastic software - does everything we need”

OverallGreat software. Makes running my business so much easier. Wish it worked with Quickbooks Self-employed but it doesn't need to. Happy with the purchase and would recommend.
ProsStudio Ninja is great. It's still being developed and updated so is improving all the time. I love that it takes lots of the time consuming admin tasks of our business, consolidates them and makes them easy to do. It's easy to use, and has a simple, smart interface. I like the client portal end too, it's only basic but does the job and clients like it!
ConsIt's not as good as competitors, its automation and customisation is a bit lacking, but this is reflected in the price. We decided it would work for us while we're still building, but it may be that we have to switch provider in the future. Saying that, like I said, they're working really hard and improving all the time! And they're super active on live chat and in the facebook group.
Chris D.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2019

“Studio Ninja saved my sanity”

ProsStudio Ninja is a great add to our business and super easy to use. The support is amazing and it's always improving:) Been using for over 2 years and best value for money
ConsA little more work required on the phone app but slowly imporoving
Poppy P.
June 25, 2019

“Amazing support for photography business”

OverallIt's my business manager on a screen- as my business is only myself, this helps me manage the epic workload that comes with running your own business PLUS majoring close contact with all of my clients.. it's wonderful!
ProsThe ear to create invoices in the go, follow up leads and manage close relationships with my new and current clients.
ConsVery little... there are a few bumps here and there but nothing that impedes the awesomeness of this software!!
June 25, 2019
Hannah A.
Professional Wedding & Portraiture Photographer
June 19, 2019

“Made my life so much easier”

OverallIf you want something that will make your administration better in your photography business choose studio ninja no more missing things or fighting to get a contract singed and to print it all off definitely a must.
ProsWe love the software, mobile friendly, easy to use. No more trying to remember what when and who automatic reminders are the best! Had more bookings due to the system customers enjoy using it too. Contracts signed online, questionnaires filled out easily.
ConsSlight bugs every now and then. Editing a contract and little jumpy need multiple choice quotes on app.
Carlos E.
June 19, 2019

“ best business decision I've ever made”

OverallStudio Ninja is extremely user friendly.
ProsTheir customer service is top notch and they have gone above and beyond to help me switching from previous platform. This guys really care about their customers needs, improving and adding new features all the time. Studio Ninja is extremely user-friendly, simple the best studio management software for photographers.
ConsNone. I just regret I didn't switch before.
Michael D.
June 15, 2019

“it just works”

OverallFast and friendly service. t does what it says it does and it does it well!
ProsThe ease of setting up your workspace and being able to adjust on the fly
ConsIf I had to choose something, it would be the inability to add client names to the main job. I get hired by magazines to cover their feature stories. It would be nice to be able to create a clientele list within that job so that all the people involved, are covered.
June 15, 2019
Kristianna P.
Photography
March 20, 2019

“Great at first, but missing some important features”

OverallOverall Studio Ninja was a great intro to a proper CRM system. It was relatively easy to set up, though I think their estimate that you can be up and going in an hour might be over-stating. Once I got more into the day to day practices and more importantly tax season I started to see some MAJOR functionality issues.
ProsOverall, fairly user friendly. Relatively easy to set up. I like that they have premade templates and form letters, so you can tweek them to match your brand without having to start from scratch. The client workflow is great and makes it so much easier to keep track of where my clients are in the process so I don't miss any steps. Client portal was nicely laid out, but not as customizable as I would have liked, as it automatically included a "bid or proposal" section, but I don't do bids.
ConsThere are some major functionality issues I couldn't get past. While they offer invoicing, there are no sales reports. No way to distinguish between taxed and non-taxed sales. Which makes tax time difficult. Also, limited customization on client communications (mainly invoice formatted for Aus business practice, but I'm in the US)was a problem. Inability to update all active workflows at once has also proven to be a huge pain during the setup process. For example, if I realized the workflow would work better in a different order, I could update the template for future clients, but all current clients had to be updated one by one manually.
March 20, 2019
Kelly D.
June 19, 2019

“Best system I've ever used”

OverallI ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND HAVE BEEN REFERRING EVERY PHOTOGRAPHER I KNOW TO IT. It's absolutely a life saver! I tried several systems and nothing compares to this!
ProsThe compatibility and the fact you're able to link calendars. I am able to keep all my clients up to date with their sessions. You can easily access on the app.
ConsIt doesn't allow Clients to tip on the invoices.
Rebecca C.
May 29, 2018

“Simple to use and their customer support is 100% amazing!”

ProsToo many to list here! I love the job tracking and integrations with other softwares such as calendars, gallery systems and payment platforms. Customisable emails, contracts, invoices, questionnaires, workflows, automations and reminders are all awesome features too.
ConsThat I didn't implement it sooner! Seriously I cant fault them, Studio Ninja has given me my life and brain space back again. I love everything about this software!
May 29, 2018
Steve K.
May 14, 2016

“Best customer service I've ever experienced for a photography studio management software”

OverallI came across Studio Ninja from a Facebook Group and signed up for a free account. Unlike most of the other studio management software I've used before, SN is beautifully designed, surprisingly simple to use and much quicker to set up. It is not stacked with super powerful features but then I don't need them for what I do anyway. SN is created by two Australian photographers who understood the essential parts of running a successful photography business. The founders are super friendly and they are always answering support requests quickly. Chris even called me to help me navigate the software... seriously, these guys really go above and beyond with their customer support. Some features are still in development but SN is a great fit for most of my needs. Can't recommend it enough!
May 14, 2016
Brooke S.
June 20, 2018

“Promising but still clunky and slow”

ProsThe ability to create workflows and automate email is great. Nice dashboard. Decent customer service.
ConsSo many clunky problems. It loads pages SO slow. There is no easy way to deal with a large number of leads. I deal with leads from bridal shows and every time I go to filter the list, choose a lead, make an update and then go back to the leads list, everything is back in the original order and I need to refilter and search for where I left off. SUPER annoying and slow. There is no way to filter the list by where in the flow you are. Unless you have everything completely automated, you are drowning in a sea of leads and slow process... Did I also mention that when you import a list, it goes to the list of clients. You then have to manually add each one as a lead. Individually. There is no way to import them as leads with the wedding date. SLOW.
June 20, 2018
Amit G.
Photography, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 5, 2019

“Feature Packed”

ProsGreat integration with google, Xero and stripe. Easy to use.
ConsI would like more integration with my wix site and my shoot-proof galleries
February 5, 2019
Deon C.
February 11, 2017

“Great package and easy to use!”

OverallThe software was easy to set up. The interface is arranged in a logical way and most of all, my customers love it. Support is excellent. Leads, bookings, tasks, contracts, invoicing and customer questionnaires sorted. I can get back to what I love most, Taking Pictures.
ProsEasy to set up and use.
ConsNo online payment capacity for South Africa, but this is a Paypal and Stripe problem, not a Studio-Ninja problem.
February 11, 2017
Emilio F.
Photo video manager
December 12, 2017

“Great software for client managing and shoot tracking ”

ProsLove this software. Helping me finally get some organizational skills going - ninja style! Like the ability to see and share with others the job and work progress, send invoices and even send contracts to models/ clients that can be signed electronically ! awesome
December 12, 2017
Tomasz C.
Professional Photographer
April 30, 2019

“Nice idea but execution need improvement”

ProsAfter over a year of running my own photo business I went thru different "photo studio helper" software. I really like the idea of Studio Ninja, but for me it is not a good fit.
ConsRight now, as doing business in different countries with different currencies - this single lack of feature is no go for me.
April 30, 2019
Jordan M.
March 8, 2017

“Incredible Online CRM Solution for Photographers”

OverallStudioNinja is easy to use, and powerful. Their regular updates and complete transparency through constant communication builds confidence in their ever improving service. Customer service is responsive, within hours they will have answered your question. They regularly involve the StudioNinja community to decide upon new features and improvements.
ProsEasy to use, Powerful, Reliable, Customer service is responsive in a timely fashion and helpful.
ConsNo iOS app, Mobile WebApp is slightly difficult to work with.
March 8, 2017
April 27, 2018

“Very poor.”

ConsExpect snide responses and unhelpful replies from the developers when asking for relatively simple changes, that even basic workflow systems include and it's 'your clients fault' as a reply.I regret moving our system over to this product and now have to move it again.
April 27, 2018
March 15, 2018

“Great User Friendly product”

ProsLike the dashboard and ease of access to billing and scheduling purposes. Love how it lists all the clients, their email addresses and phone numbers, as well as attaching the quotes. love how it shows the workflow, pending jobs and approved jobs. Can use it somewhat for accounting purposes.
Consnot very much negative to say about it. Customer service is only available during business hours. which most of the time im not sitting in front of my computer until after business hours and an issue can be delayed from being fixed for days.
March 15, 2018
Helen A.
March 8, 2018

“Excellent! ”

ProsI was recommended by a friend and I'm so glad they did! I'm able to deal with my receipts, invoices and calendar all in one place so I can keep an eye on all my previous and upcoming jobs with confusion!
March 8, 2018
November 17, 2017

“Program is a Ninja”

ProsEasy to use, Powerful, Reliable, Customer service is great, responsive in a timely fashion and helpful.
Consthere is no mobile application. there should be a mobile app for a program like this for we can have more flexibility
November 17, 2017
Carleen S.
freelance photographer
Performing Arts, Self-employed
February 17, 2019

“Easy to use”

Proshow the software is easy to use. Great for any photographer to use.
Consthere is nothing I really don't like about this software
February 17, 2019