The Better Software Ratings

Overall

About The Better Software

All-in-one franchise management software. Take your franchise to the next level with invoicing, scheduling, email, inventory, POS, Reporting Franchise Hubs & more. Our franchise management software allows you to run your multi-location business on a single, easy to use, all-in-one system. When new franchisees join your team, they're equipped with everything from branding to business processes right from the start, so they are able to succeed quickly and you are able to sell more territories. Learn more about The Better Software

Zach P.
July 11, 2019

“Very Useful Tool ”

OverallExcellent.
ProsThe software fits our needs and we are able to customize what we want to. Our crews can access on their IPads all the info they need before they get to the job site, and once there, can save details to be shared with next crew or office. We use it often to consult for ongoing projects. There are more features like handing job responsibilities, pipelines and calendar, that I want to use more fully. I wish we had this software when the company first started! Customer service has always been quick, responsive, helpful and fun (!) to work with.
ConsI am still working on get the pipeline and actions properly set for our type of work flow. This is due to the limited amount of time I have to get the software application set up. Like trying to walk and tie my shoe at the same time. I like it and need it, but need some down time to get it all correctly set up.
July 11, 2019
Graham S.
General Manager / Owner
August 12, 2019

“Did I mention Customer Support?”

OverallEvery CRM end-user wishes for different features. BPRO works at delivering. They continually roll out new methods of platform interaction, never being satisfied with a status quo. They seek feedback. And, ultimately, their customer support and attitude are second to none. I would not use another platform even at half the cost.
ProsVisual data references; data links and work flow; email integration; multiple locations; document library; customer support; ability to alter role-based user access; email tracking; commitment to different ideations of user interface
ConsRequires additional development to aggregate streams of our customer data to surface insights in making business decisions; credit card processing; multi-source lead capture
August 12, 2019
Natalie C.
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2017

“Built for Franchise ”

OverallGreat tool for us as a franchisor and it has definitely helped our franchisees improve their business. On-boarding was easier than expected.
ProsWe have been using it for years and it's configurable to meet our business process and workflows. They have a good change management team as well and they do a good job at supporting both us as franchisors and our franchsisees
ConsTo many product updates. They are rolled out weekly and I would prefer monthly
Recommendations to other buyersWe are a hard time finding anyone else that focused only on the franchise industry. They get us!
April 12, 2017
Anjeli S.
July 28, 2017

“Exceptional”

OverallReliable, easy to use, accessible with great customer support. Email feature, marketing email feature, on the go scheduler for everyone to review.
ProsSoftware is super easy to use. Any level user can feel comfortable clicking though. Accessibility...on the go, on the desk top. Customer support is excellent. If we ever have a question or do not know something, customer support gets back to us with a solution very quickly. Customization, most times our wishlist is developed over time. We love the software!
Consn/a
July 28, 2017
Manuel R.
May 30, 2016

“Upgrading my customer relation management software.”

OverallI recently selected Bpro by the "Better Software Company". After many hours of testing different CRM products available on the market, I found the software to be almost seamless in its function across different devices we use in the office or in the field. Most OTHER products tested had very limited access or functionality on mobile devices. With Bpro all the power and features available on a desk-top browser, are fuctional and accessible from almost any device you want to use. The ability to control levels of access by user was a feature not all products offered but is available with Bpro. The ability of the software to link to my Quickbooks accounting software has been huge time saving feature. The software flows logically and is a simple tile driven interface. My personnel had no problem implementing the new software and switching over from old CRM. The software is extremely flexible and customizable as well. To make a long story short this is a well designed complete package CRM at an excellent price point. Sounds great right! Well it only gets better...After a month now we have the system working seamlessly and it would not have happened with out the outstanding 5 star service and support offered by the team at "The Better Software Company". My expectations for the level of customer service I receive is already ridiculous but I have been blown away. The team at "The Better Software Company" have been, and are available almost 24 hrs a day to help us through this transition. They have literally change the way I view customer service I provide to MY customers. If you are looking for the right software to help manage your company operations, you found it!
Leann P.
Admin Officer
July 3, 2019

“Best Customer Service!”

ProsI absolutely love this company! They have some of the best customer service staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Very knowledgeable staff, very pleasant. Love them, and highly recommend it!
ConsDoes not deal with email responses, have to use another service for receiving and responding to subsequent emails.
July 3, 2019
Matt G.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2016

“Organization to the next level”

OverallI've been with them for the past year. They've provided the organization to take the business to the next level. I don't worry about making sure the schedule is right or that I've received payments any more. Additionally, the blue button for the chat is great. Your talking to an expert every time.
ProsBlue button to chat with an expert.
ConsTo optimize the system you need to set aside time for training. The software has a lot of capabilities, so it takes time to know how to utilize all the aspects of it.
September 23, 2016
Melissa F.
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2016

“Rip Off- Talk you into the functions that work then no return of money even if you can't use it!”

OverallThis company was lovely to work with up until they took my deposit. As soon as money was in hand and we were actually using the system. Come to find out it is NOT efficient and was actually adding more time and steps to our already outdated process. They promised a refund which they never gave. When I disputed the charges they fought them. Horrible experience!
ProsThere were great email features
ConsWe couldn't schedule appointments for the first month of having service. The scheduler doesn't allow you to schedule continuous appointments for multiple days at a time it also won't allow you to do it under different categories unless you go into each field individually and schedule it day by day.
Recommendations to other buyersNot user friendly, I recommend adding the same ongoing appointment features as competitors. I found a better service for less money. Our clients love it because they get reminders and they can schedule appointments straight from our website as well.

By The Better Software Company on January 24, 2017
Aw Snap! Sorry Mellisa. We hate that we didn't make you happy. Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to take this opportunity to respond: 1. The calendar you were using in June and July was completely re-done in August of this year has received great feedback. 2. I know you were extremely keen to get started with the system but we did have a delay with receiving your customer and product templates. We have invested in new tools including a two-way sync with QuickBooks. 3. It's important for us to provide our customers with support from a real person which also has a direct cost. We delivered 2 awesome one on one training sessions as well as phone and chat support. 4. We communicate our refund policy in several places because we want to be as transparent as possible. I am sorry that you had a poor experience and we will use this feedback to make our experience better. Feel free to reach out to me directly! Thank you, Ben Syme bsyme@thebettersoftwarecompany.com
December 14, 2016
Art B.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2017

“Game Changer”

OverallThis software has given my business a more simplified and professional way of keeping track of everyday tasks. My invoices and quotes look professional and I now have the ability to follow up with clients and potential clients through email as well as creating a campaign. Everything you need to run your business is at your fingertips and I could not be happier with the decision to add this software into my business. Customer service is phenomenal and world-class. Simply put, The Better Software Company has set the standard in the industry and defines what customer service and solutions should be.
ProsThe software is easy to use and is being updated and becoming better on a regular basis. I love the professional look it gives my business and the ability to track my goals.
ConsI don't like that I cant change my work week. My week starts on Saturday and ends on Friday. I also would like to see the customer list put into alphabetical order. The only solutions to this at this time is to filter.
January 24, 2017
Shenell L.
Operations Manager
June 14, 2017

“I absolutely love Bpro! I wish we would've found them earlier on.”

ProsTheir customer service is AMAZING!! The staff is very helpful and they always have a solution. Very user friendly system.
ConsI wish that I could I see appointment information without having to click on it. Other than that I have no complaints!
June 14, 2017
Debbie o.
Director of Administration
September 12, 2017

“Excellent Product! Excellent Support Team!”

ProsThe overall layout of the information on the job. Having access to the customer record, calendar and cart from one page is ideal!
ConsCompared to what we have used before, there are too many clicks required to complete a transaction. a minimimum requirement for an answer is not ideal .... in my opinion anyway! Hope this works!
Lee P.
Events Services, 1-10 employees
July 6, 2017

“I own an event rental company. I needed to find a reliable, customizable inventory System...”

Overall Keep track of inventory. Streamline invoicing. Look professional!
Pros Customizable, consistently being upgraded, and very affordable! Questions get answered very quickly.
Cons Navigation sometimes can take some time to learn. Like all web-based software, you're at the mercy of your Internet connection speed which sometimes slows us down.
July 6, 2017
Cathy A.
Creative director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
February 3, 2017

“Better software review.,.makes my work easy”

OverallHelps to have a software that does what i used 2 others to accomplish...has eased my work experience..helpful company always there to support...valur for money. Helps my branding in staying professional and quick to respond to quote request and invoice revisions so easier..mobile app a plus
ProsEase of use..works for my business .makes my work easier and saves me time
February 3, 2017
Brent B.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2016

“Expensive but full featured”

OverallI signed up to use this software expecting a much easier start. The software was very hard to work with by today's software standards. It worked on old conventions that have fallen by the wayside to newer user friendly options. Customer service tried to help but it became apparent that the software was just outdated and I moved on to other options. The good news for new users is that they have completely revamped the software! It has improved so greatly that I regretted switching so soon. But now I'm committed to another system at the point of no return. The new system is feature rich AND user friendly
ProsLots of features, attractive new interface, CRM capabilities
ConsExpensive
Recommendations to other buyersIt will still require some learning even in the new version but the training staff is awesome. They genuinely want to put you on the right track
October 14, 2016
Robyn U.
1-10 employees
June 13, 2016

“This software is just what we needed!”

OverallIt's been a smooth transition from our old software to this software. Customer support is the best--my questions are answered quickly and in a way I can understand. I'm looking forward to see what features are added to the party rental portion of the software.
ProsThe inventory feature is what made our business run smoother.
ConsSometimes I feel as if the software is geared more toward other types of businesses, but I realize the company is in the process of streamlining the software towards the party rental business.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software is perfect for my small business, and I know other businesses like mine would benefit from using it, too.
June 13, 2016
Christopher B.
Lead Sales Manager
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2019

“You've Got service”

OverallGreat company. Whenever i need to learn something or...relearn something, the support staff are quick to respond and have always fixed my issue or taught me something so I don't have anymore issues.
ProsVery easy to learn. With the New Lead function and New Customer function, it really is easy to set-up and follow through the entire work flow. From initial call to accepting payment, the system is easy to use.
ConsNot being able to integrate stripe. That's it really
August 9, 2019
Parker W.
General Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
September 12, 2017

“Always reliable with the best customer service ”

OverallI can easily send my guys out on a job and they can use b pro instead of me telling them everything
ProsCustomer service agent is always there to help us out whenever we need it. He's on the ball and always goes the extra mile to keep a smile on our face
Cons sometimes it crashes like 8 times in a day and that gets frustrating. But it's a heavy usage app so it's understandable
Bob L.
Office Manager/Consultant
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2017

“The experience has been terrific.”

ProsIt functions for us just as we need it to. However, the best feature is the real time customer support that you get from them.
ConsThe only complaint I have had is that when I send out an email it must go through the Better Software server. This has been confusing to some of our customers as to who is sending it out to them.
August 9, 2017
jeremy v.
Tech

“Easy Peasey”

ProsCustomer Support has been great maybe improvements to make easier to use when implementing,the areas to look up customer pricing,jobs
Cons Improvements to make easier to use when implementing,the areas to look up under job section should be all in one area like name,address,bid,pricing,discounts
Cathy A.
June 9, 2016

“Overall its allowed me to effectively utilize my time by using the features to work within the way m”

OverallPros-it has allowed me to work more efficiently, saving time and taking out redundancies. The looks and feel makes my business presentation look more professional I can view more details on item level of how my business is doing The image feature helps client to view the item and not have me attach the image to them in an email, time savings Cons The learning curve, including the major version revisions and the attendant glitches that comes with that Overall, it makes my work easier, really cutting down time i had otherwise had to use in some of my processes.
June 9, 2016
Kevin B.
June 2, 2016

“Customer Service A+”

OverallSwitching rental software was a very scary thought after being on one platform for over 20 years. We made the leap and have been thrilled. By far the best piece of this venture has absolutely nothing to do with the software. The customer service provided to us has been far beyond my expectations. Every single time we have needed anything we were met with an immediate response and solution. I couldn't be more thankful to the entire Better Software Team for making this transition as smooth as possible.
June 2, 2016
Dennis B.
Franchise Owner
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2017

“Overall I like the tool, however the revenue recording is not intuitive and requires too many steps.”

OverallTracking and managing customers.
ProsThe Contacts functionality is very helpful and useful. The software is user friendly, except for Revenue Reporting, which is user unfriendly.
ConsRevenue sales reporting in complicated and complex. Class 101 does not have recurring orders, yet that is how we are being asked to record sales. There must be a better process to accomplish this activity.
September 13, 2017
Tommy A.
Worked-Owner
June 1, 2016

“Is close to being a 5-star software, just some bugs to fix and UI features to enchance.”

OverallMainly there are some process that take more clicks than they have to. Such as in the pipeline report, to modify the status, one must click on the edit order button, then the manage order area, then pipeline status, then the dropdown. That dropdown should be right there in the pipeline report so you can edit it without even leaving the report. The client management works well, but the calendar/dispatch doesn't work as intuitively as some other calendars out there (like Google Calendar, although that puts the bar high). Perhaps one more version and it will be even easier to view and modify events without changing pages and using dropdowns and such. But bugs are fixed and features are added bi-weekly and it is improving each time.
June 1, 2016
Lori C.

“Construction/Project Management Software”

OverallWe have been using The Better Software for about 2 months now. It is not as intuitive as we had thought it would be, however The Better Software company has been excellent to work with and very open to implementing our suggestions. We will continue using this software, between the affordability and the customer service it is a win!
Joseph M.
February 26, 2016

“Horrible”

OverallYour asked to commit to 3 months subscription, which you pay all up front that same day. They take 2 months to build your dash board/company onto their software. Then they want to have several training session. By the time you use the software...your 3 months have passed, and you've received nothing for what you've paid. Software never works correctly. Log in issues, user option are extremely limited. It is a waste of time and money....and I only write this review, so no one else has to go through all the frustration I have gone through!! Their customer service is horrible!! They make promises they can't keep, offer options you'll never receive or be able to use. Avoid this company at all cost!!
February 26, 2016
Anthony J.
May 31, 2016

“Great support, fixed minor issues within 72 hours of notification.”

OverallPro=good support team, customer satisfaction, Cons=minor improvements in expense spreadsheet
Emiko B.
May 30, 2016

“Much better than our old system”

OverallWe are pretty happy with the software but I don't completely trust it yet. We have had a lot of customers not receiving quotes or reservations through the email contracts. I had at least 2 customers not receive their emails last Friday. Is there anyway this can get checked periodically. I would hate to think we are losing customers because of this.