SmartDocs for Microsoft Word Ratings

Overall

About SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

SmartDocs brings state-of-the-art proposal automation tools right into Microsoft Word's intuitive and user-friendly environment. Our customers see a productivity improvement of up to 80%. That means what used to take days or weeks to produce now takes minutes to create. No IT professional or consultant is needed to implement and maintain SmartDocs. With SmartDocs your team will spend less time writing and eliminate costly mistakes. SmartDocs is perfect for teams of 10, 100, 500, or more. Learn more about SmartDocs for Microsoft Word

Liz D.
Medical Information Manager
Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees
November 30, 2018

“Not sure if I should be happy or concerned”

ProsThis program saves the team serious time in managing reusable information. We are also able to control components of document templates and use a logic-based wizard ("Smartbuilder") to customize a template off a single source document. Before, I had to manage 18 different templates to accommodate different combinations of components.
ConsCon 1 - Lack of development progress makes me concerned about my decision to invest time and money into SmartDocs as a solution. Version 2016 was promised in 2016 - no release. In 2017 users were told there was a change of plan and 36software was working on Version 2017 - no release. In August 2018 we were told that Version 2018 would be officially released soon - no release. We are at the end of 2018 and users are still running version 2014. Con 2 - Training/support. Most SmartDocs training is video based which is way more difficult to reference than written guidance. Support portal is outdated. 36software has a very lean customer support team so it takes them longer than I'd like to help with support tickets. Despite these cons, SmartDocs is still solving business issues for my team and we're not about to abandon the software. It means that I've had to do a lot more on my own with training and support than I anticipated.
November 30, 2018
Nomar Salvatore M.
Terapeuta respiratorio
1001-5000 employees
March 19, 2018

“ideal to make great content reports. ”

OverallThe biggest benefit is that you can minimize the time in the edition of large documents such as research, degree work or any other large work, since you have at your disposal a number of tools that are easy to access and easy to use. the edition of these.
Proshas an endless number of ideal tools for the production of large content reports, where you can edit it, change typeface, font size, use symbols, insert images from different sites, including preloaded in the program, as stored in the computer. The best of this program esque you can make the index of your work automatically, which avoids that there is a human error when doing it in a non-automated way, which also gives the user the minimization of time in the final execution of the report.
ConsSometimes the program closes unexpectedly and you can lose much of the inormaicon that is not saved, because you should always be aware of saving the information, even though the program has a self-recovery mode. In addition to this, it is not compatible with the free operating system, which means that when you open a file that is saved in any of these systems, it is modified arbitrarily and you must redo the edition of it.
March 19, 2018
Lauren D.
Senior Manager, Proposal Department
Human Resources, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2017

“Making Proposal Writing easier every day”

ProsSmartDocs is an extension right into Word, so I don't have to open and close multiple programs to manage my content. I can update responses on the fly, and easily search and find the content I need.
ConsThey are a small company and sometimes support takes a couple of days. And the latest version is only available in Beta form, but I have started to use it and it already wowed me!

By 36Software on October 13, 2017
Lauren, Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing from our customers and we take your feedback to heart. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Beta version of SmartDocs. We'll be releasing the final version soon! We're sorry for any inconvenience stemming from Support response times. We're adding members to our Support team in the near future in hopes that we can answer Support tickets more efficiently. Thanks again for being a valued SmartDocs user! The 36Software Team
September 28, 2017
Osamah A.
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
October 11, 2019

“The Complete Package, All in one!”

Overallinstead of opening tons of programs at the same time, SmartDocs is a simple extension that can do all of the different tasks. it is very practical and useful to me in many aspects and I will definitely recommend it!
ProsI am very fond of every Microsoft software and SmartDocs is definitely one of them, it is very smooth and comfy to work with, has an endless amount of useful tools and features and it continues to add more and more with every new release. I like the variety of the available options to work with, you can adjust the font, insert clarifying images and tables to your documents to make it more readable.
ConsI am a satisfied user of SmartDocs for Microsoft Word, and have nothing to actually complain about!
October 11, 2019
Farming, Self-employed
December 28, 2018

“Adaptable to your needs and easy to use”

OverallOverall it's been a great experience, and I program I would recommend if you like the Microsoft family of word processing programs.
ProsThe fact that the menus are easy to select from, and that it's relatively easy to use. It appears to be the most used word processing software for those who use documents in their business because I get (and send) a lot of papers that are .doc and can be easily opened with Microsoft. If, by chance, it's a slightly different word program that was used by the sender, I've always been able to open it with a little converting. Never really have had an issue using it.
ConsThere are a lot of features that I'm not sure how to use and a little afraid to try. Years ago programs came with books that you could access to look up what you needed to know. Now everything is web-based, and I don't like that. I like my answers to be in a book by my side, not in some web browser search engine somewhere. But that being said, it does a lot and I know a lot of people who use a lot more features of it than I do.
December 28, 2018
ADNAN A.
student
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
October 6, 2019

“Best app for your daily word and recordings ”

OverallI have been using this app for years, both for personal and educational reasons. I'm 100% satisfied with it and will definitely recommend it to friends.
Pros- Multi-function application, all your needs are included and plugged in, you won't need to use other programs - You can save your work in multi-forms and transfer it - you can use the online features, which allow you to complete your work in different devices
Cons- The trial period is somehow short - Sometimes the format is messed up if your are using different versions of the program.
October 6, 2019
Mary N.
editor, photographer, social media manager @ icc
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
March 17, 2019

“Available 24/7”

OverallWorking online with groups and being able to compile the work as a group is one major advantage. It has helped me collaborate with my team members during team work and makes work easier in compiling my work.
ProsSmartDocs are very easy to use you can access them whenever you are. As long as you have internet you can access the documents any time and anywhere. Another pro is the ability to share with others online you can use it for team projects.
ConsOne con about the SmartDocs is that you cannot access them if you are not connected to the internet.
March 17, 2019
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
October 15, 2019

“Intuitive, Organized, Document Collaboration Solution”

OverallSmartdocs is a wonderful solution to our need of collaborating on projects across different teams and businesses. We do nearly all of our work on electronic documents and nearly everything gets checked and double-checked by other people. This program has made doing so super easy.
ProsThis program is easy to implement, it's easy to use on mobile devices, and it provides an easy platform for collaboration. There are a variety of different tools that make creating intelligent documents incredibly easy. We do almost everything through Outlook, and this integrates almost flawlessly with Outlook. We LOVE it.
ConsThe only complaint I have is that it becomes difficult to navigate when you're offline (airplanes, road trips, etc).
Dominque T.
Safety and Facilities Management
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“Smart Docs Microsoft Word ”

OverallDespite the CS issue, great program! Very efficient and resourceful.
ProsThe ability to use information repeatedly without doing a whole lot each time. You can customize a template to suit your needs.
ConsThe videos! It would have been nice to talk to a live person faster rather than be assigned a ticket number and wait. There are deadlines to be met and you may miss them waiting on assistance.
December 5, 2018
Mohammad Mahdi H.
Visiting Scholar
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
October 24, 2018

“Excellent Tool”

ProsIt makes the life really easier. As a person who is using it every day, easier to use along with being user and friendly is the best thing I need. I am really satisfy with it.
ConsSometimes It does not work perfectly. For example, with doing something, you expect to get specific result, but the results is not what you expected. Maybe it is the bug of the software.
October 24, 2018
Vijay P.
Business analyst
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 6, 2018

“It is one of the best software to work on in proffesional network”

ProsYou can modify and save your data as in way you want. You can even send these files without any restrictions via email. It has a autosave functionality which is one of the best feature of this software.
ConsOnly one person is able to modify the word document at a single time.Share functionality is not available on word document as it is in excel.
August 6, 2018
Billie B.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2019

“SmartDocs”

Overallmy business is always moving aroudn with me and i like my files and editing capabilites with me at all times smartDocs allows that to be possible
Prosi love how my business can be on the go wherever i go, and i can transfer from device to device in the snap of a finger.
Consi did have some freezing issues a few times but both times i was able to save and close the app
February 11, 2019
Aakash S.
Senior Associate Business Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 23, 2018

“Best Documentation Software”

OverallVery good
ProsDraw diagrams, pictures. Very easy to use. Documentation of proposal documents are only prepared on it. Checkbox option is very good feature for those who uses it as test plan in testing domain
ConsFrom my side there is one con that you can't share the same file at same time as you get the smae feature in Excel.
August 23, 2018
Ghulam A.
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
August 14, 2019

“As a user”

OverallOver all its best as it saves my lot of time.
ProsIt is a tool to transform word file to manageable document.We can make documents, proposal, reports with saving time and in best design.
ConsThere is nothing which i dislike about it.
August 14, 2019
Enid G.
PACS SUPPORT ASST.
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
August 1, 2019

“overall of smartDocs”

Overallit's worth to have specially in this electric world
Prosalmost all their Docs works very well and properly. easy use and more creative things.
ConsI think so far everything I has worked for me and even me through school as well.
August 1, 2019
ashish B.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2018

“Smart docs Editor”

ProsEasy to use, provide many editable options. We can also add extra fonts liberary according to requirement
ConsNot able to open pdf files. Hangs when file size is too large.
December 12, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
October 30, 2018

“Microsoft Word”

OverallThis product gets the job done when I need it.
ProsI love this product. I use it weekly and love how I can turn a single white sheet into a master piece when I am finished. I enjoy how I can use other Microsoft products to integrate into word. Today I grabbed graphs from excel and power point and used them into Word to display a report for Senior Management.
ConsI wish it was a little easier to adjust the page settings on Microsoft Word. They should make the search options more user friendly.
October 30, 2018
Johanne L.
Technical writer and information architect
October 18, 2015

“If you like Word, use it to its full potential with SmartDocs!”

OverallI installed SmartDocs in October 2013, using it with a local SharePoint CMS. I have not needed to touch the CMS setup since, except for once. Searching all my content stored in SharePoint from within Word is an incredible feature. There was no conversion downtime for me either because I can insert snippets in an existing legacy manual. Another option is that I can build a document from scratch and add conditions and variables, as many or as few as I like. The flexibility of this solution is very valuable and unique from a continuous deployment perspective. Additionally, I can collaborate directly with colleagues from other departments because everything is integrated in Word. The purchased training was tailored to my needs. Other software companies have their content imposed on you and waste time on things you already know, but not 36Software. You complete a form that defines exactly what training you need, schedule consulting, and participate in it. Additionally, the support portal is full of information. 36 Software also provides free training via webinars that covers most of your needs and gives you the opportunity to ask questions directly to the SmartDocs experts. This solution in Word saved big on learning & training expenses, conversion time, and consulting expenses, which earned me a good review with my supervisor.
October 18, 2015
Education Management, Self-employed
November 7, 2018

“Microsoft Word”

OverallThis has overall made me going to school much easier.
ProsThe thing that I like the most about this software is that there is more functions than I can use. There are starting to be a lot more word document softwares, but I still think that Microsoft Word is the best and and it has the most functions out of all of them.
ConsThe price. I wouldn't by this software for the full price but luckily I am able to use my U of U membership to get it for free. It is great, but expensive.
November 7, 2018
Fawn L.
clerk
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
October 1, 2018

“It's helpful”

ProsAble to write and edit documents. Good over all
ConsSometimes, when attached pic, it is so not easy to move it to the position you want.
October 1, 2018
Bonnisha C.
Office assistant
December 5, 2017

“In use everyday, never no issues ”

ProsEverything you can do on Microsoft. What I like is that you won't ever loose a product or file saving make everything so much better
Amanda H.
Accounting
Automotive, 51-200 employees
October 10, 2018

“Great Software”

ProsThe easy to use menu options and the layout is nice
ConsNothing its great...........
October 10, 2018
December 5, 2017

“I use Smart Docs for everything. I love the simplicity it has and the ease of access.”

ProsWhat i like most is that it is all updated and the latest apps or features are always included, with helpful tips.
ConsWhat i like least about the software is that some of the features are somewhat outdated, for example, the cliparts on word.
Nolan K.
Plumber
Construction, 201-500 employees
October 17, 2019

“Smartdocs”

OverallIts a sell service program and very easy to use. All in all I think it's a necessity for another who needs documents and fast in your occupation.
ProsI like that this is free. It has all the editing options you need for typing out invoices or letters for customers
ConsBeing as it's free customer support is lacking that hinders things should you have some kind of problem. Other then that it's mostly good reviews from me.
October 17, 2019
Diana R.
Software Engineer
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed

“Great Product”

OverallI use it to type up documents for my freelance business. I have to make invoice letters, presentations and much more and I just love using this product.
ProsI like all the options I have when it comes to creating any type of document. How easy it is to use and find what I need.
ConsAs of right now, there is nothing I dislike about the product. I absolutely enjoy it and just seem to like it more each day.
Elizabeth Ashley T.
Assistant Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2019

“Awesome Product”

OverallWe use it on a daily for spread sheets, as well as making flyers
ProsI have been using Microsoft Word for a very long time even when I was in high school and I've always loved this program to be able to use it at work makes it all the better as well.
ConsThere isn't anything I dislike. We use it on a daily basis and we always are very happy with it there's nothing wrong that we found with this product
October 14, 2019
jathurshan s.
trainee software engineer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“review on MS Word”

Overallperformance wise this is a very good application software to word processing
ProsThe application is a good word processing platform to perform our documentations and assignments, really good user friendly application
ConsThe user interface is not much attractive for me as a user, because the icons and buttons are larger in size also the color theme and word processing related color is not attractive and stylish
September 19, 2019
Sunita K.
Project Lead Development
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
November 17, 2018

“Great solution for reports - SmartDocs”

OverallWe used this application to organize the official documents at a place and saved storage space. As well as now we are not worry about where to find the doc.
ProsI like most its ease of access and use. Great application to compile a report quickly with enrich feature. Its pretty much faster in case of save action.
ConsI observed that multiple user can not edit the document at same time.
November 17, 2018
Dylan P.
Designer
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
October 25, 2018

“Fantastic Product ”

OverallMy Overall Experience with Smart Docs was awesome! I will definitely recommend this product to others.
ProsI love how easy this product is to use. Very informative and my documents always turn out great.
ConsI really didn't dislike anything. This product was very helpful to me when creating documents.
October 25, 2018
Courtney L.
Medical Biller and Coder
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 16, 2018

“Wow!!”

OverallI am a more productive person thanks to SmartDocs. I'm definitely getting more work done and I realize that it's not just for business.
ProsSmartDocs for Microsoft Word is essential to professional, educational, and personal aspects of life. It has autocorrect and other editing tools just right to get you through your busy day. Five Stars and Two thumbs up!
ConsI didn't like that I had to search for it and then download it and then activate it.
November 16, 2018
May 4, 2018

“Great way to work on docs anywhere”

ProsLove the integration of multiple docs, the ease of use and of course anything that says Microsoft is a trusted brand.
ConsNo cons whatsoever. The price is right and my company pays for it so I loved being able to try it there. I'm in love.
May 4, 2018
Sparkle H.
Security Professional
Public Safety, 1001-5000 employees
August 2, 2019

“My review”

OverallThe problems solved is more availability to access my previous projects all in one space.
ProsI love this product because I can take on the go and automatically know that my projects save a.
ConsIn my opinion this product has no cons to me. It is very efficient and helpful.
August 2, 2019
Rebecca S.
Rehab Tech
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
January 29, 2019

“My review for Microsoft Word”

OverallI don't use this a lot for in my business but every so often I have to make a chart and I find Word is useful.
ProsWhat I like most about Microsoft Word is that when you open it, it shows you all the recent word docs you've done. Easy to find what was just worked on. I also like that you can create tables, cut and paste and insert. You can tell it what type of document you want and it will format it for you.
ConsWhat i like least about Microsoft Word is that I can't wrap in only one column and it not wrap in the column next to it. Might be a learning curve for me tho.
January 29, 2019
Jadwiga D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
December 29, 2017

“Advanced product which is simple to use! Saves me so much time daily!”

OverallSaves me time on the same documents I use day-to-day.
ProsAllows me to easily customize documents and enhance Microsoft Word. I use the same documents over and over again, so this add-on makes my life so much easier and has saved me a lot of time. It is advanced, however still easy to use. I'm always impressed with Microsoft's new products and this one is just as great. Microsoft never lets me down!
ConsOne of my first times using this product I received a document error, but soon enough was able to troubleshoot the issue.
December 29, 2017
Education Management, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“Time Saver”

ProsI greatly enjoy being able to reuse snippets while creating intervention plans for my students. The convenience of being able to have documents and switch out names, dates, or whatever I choose is a complete time saver.
ConsIf another coworker would like the ease of using my snippets, I wish that they didn't have to pay for their own year subscription. They can't access my links unless they have the smart docs, which defeats my purpose of trying to make the document smaller and less repetitive.
August 28, 2019
Sarah C.
Speech Pathologist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 6, 2019

“I love the features ”

ProsThe most desirable aspect of this software is the ease of use and ability for multiple people to edit
ConsIf not familiar with the program, some layout features can be tricky.
March 6, 2019
Benjamin W.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
September 29, 2019

“Good”

OverallI use it a ton and I sometimes dont have any other options.
ProsI like this and I use it every much. There is a lot you can do with it and it is easy to use. would recomend.
ConsI dont tlike the transition of use while using this product and other product. SOmettimes they do not transfer well.
September 29, 2019
Marie P.
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“INTERGRATION SUCCESS!”

ProsVery consumer friendly! One of the best , most used programs !
ConsHaven't found any issues as of yet., highly recommend!
October 16, 2018
KRYSTAL N.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2018

“So Easy to use ”

OverallMy experience has been awsome, I can access documents on the drop of a dime!
ProsIts a great place to, edit and review any important documents I may need to not only from my phone but anywhere anytime!
ConsI really dont have anything bad to say about this software.
September 24, 2018
Sladjana M.
economist
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 7, 2019

“Excellent word processing software.”

OverallI create many documents an use this program every day.
ProsIt gives us the opportunity to quickly and easily create documents.
ConsSometimes it is difficult to open or edit a documents.
May 7, 2019
Harsh B.
Senior Business Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 11, 2018

“Intuitive software”

ProsBest software to make smart documents effectively. some features like image insertion, hyperlinks etc... which makes it an ideal tool for the professional point of view.
ConsShared view like in excel is not available in word.
October 11, 2018
Gayani K.
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 25, 2019

“Best documentation software I ever had”

OverallI use this software in my university projects.
ProsUser friendly interface and any type of customer can use easily.
ConsNothing bad side in this software.It is very useful for university students.
January 25, 2019
Yolonda W.
Customer service representative
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2019

“Smart docs”

ProsThis software is easy to use. It's a great product for documents.
ConsThe only thing I really didn't like was at first I was having a hard time saving documents but now it's easy.
January 16, 2019
Lucía O.
Teacher English Foreign Language
June 18, 2018

“I can create all kinds of writings instantly!”

OverallExcellent word processor
ProsIt's an easy-to-use word processor, it has helped me save time. The interface will be familiar to anyone who has used Microsoft Word before. It is an excellent complement for writers and editors
ConsI really do not have any negative comments or complaints about this software. I discovered it a little while ago and I love it
June 18, 2018
Amy W.
Program Monitor
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
February 14, 2019

“Good product....would definitely recommend. ”

ProsIt is so easy to as pictures to documents and has a choice of printing options. I also like that I can access SmartDocs from Outlook email.
ConsReally the only con I have at this time is that it can be a little difficult to share docs sometimes.
February 14, 2019
gabriela r.
technology in food
June 2, 2018

“excellent text editor”

Prosthe ideal is that you do not lose sight of word, and that helps us to make the work environment is conosido, one of the interesting things was the automatic index is very good to not have errors.
Consin general the software does not have cons, only that there are times that it closes but this can be done by my computer.
June 2, 2018
Umaima V.
June 9, 2018

“Want to save time, try this!!”

ProsIt has a well organised clipboard,easy to view or open any document.And typical Microsoft User Interface.
ConsDuring my initial days of usage everything was fine. But after some time I faced loading issues and glitches but they are not a big concern.
June 9, 2018
March 26, 2018

“Use this every day - very useful!”

ProsWe mostly use this software to craft proposals. We love it! The automated document assembly is our favorite! This makes us very efficient.
ConsThe cost of the varying levels is kind of a drag. But it is what it is. Costs associated with this software are worth it.
March 26, 2018
Human Resources, 10,001+ employees
January 2, 2019

“Great software”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is the ability to use the product and have it wherever and whenever you need it
ConsI don't really have a least liked feature about this software
January 2, 2019
Price P.
December 14, 2016

“It's very useful!”

OverallLeveraging on advanced cloud computing technology, SmartDocs is a fully integrated and smart solution that helps enterprises to organize and archive their document repositories and collaborate across teams with no fear of data theft. SmartDocs is designed with advanced security features that help in creating a secure, shared online workspace for user groups, employees and external stakeholders in an organization allowing them to collaborate for improved operational efficiency and business benefit.
December 14, 2016