Aha! Ratings

Overall

About Aha!

Aha! is the world's #1 roadmap software. We help more than 250,000 users build and market products customers love. The company was founded in 2013 by Silicon Valley veterans and product management experts Brian de Haaff and Dr. Chris Waters. Aha! is one of the fastest growing software companies in the U.S. The company is self-funded and profitable, with an entirely remote team. Learn more at www.aha.io. Learn more about Aha!

Simon M.
Chief Operating Officer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2018

“A Product Manager's best friend”

ProsHaving been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.
ConsAha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though. Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.
June 19, 2018
Ryan G.
Implementation Manager
September 15, 2017

“Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!”

OverallIncreased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.
ProsVast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.
Cons As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.
September 15, 2017
John P.
Director, Project Management Office
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
May 23, 2017

“Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt”

OverallWe can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.
ProsAs an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks. We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.
ConsThere is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service: I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service. I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,
May 23, 2017
Grant M.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2019

“This product has it all.”

OverallExcellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.
ProsThis product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development. Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.
ConsAt first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.
August 14, 2019
Jaana S.
Co-Founder, Owner
December 26, 2017

“Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap”

ProsI used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!
ConsI love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!
December 26, 2017
Tim M.
Associate Director, Product Operations
Biotechnology, 201-500 employees
October 1, 2019

“Game Changer for Product Portfolio Planning”

OverallAha worked with us in a very patient and collaborative manner to understand our needs and create the right solution package to help us make this transition successful. They worked with us over the course of 3 months on the setup and were available on a daily basis to answer questions and provide advice.
Pros1. The roadmap interface is intuitive, clean, and provides the visual information at a glance that our end users can easily understand. 2. The integration with JIRA is robust and reliable. 3. The support is excellent with quick turn-around and helpful solutions.
ConsI would like a "drag and drop" ability to manage dependencies between Releases/Epics/Stories on the roadmaps. I'm sure it will be added in the future, as Aha provides an excellent forum for obtaining feedback.
October 1, 2019
Omar R.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 13, 2019

“Bringing Method to Madness”

OverallOverall, i feel that AHA can solve multiple challenges that our team is facing in terms of standardizing a product lifecycle and creating the relevant reports across each stage of the lifecycle
ProsA Product Manager's job is not easy, it comes with 100% accountability with 0% authority. A Product manager needs to have influence for bringing everyone on the same page without compromising individual goals. AHA really helps a product manger in getting the priorities right and communicating that effectively to all the stakeholders. I have been using AHA primarily to bring an element of governance in a team of more than 25 Product Managers who are working on similar goals but lose their track mid way during a product lifecycle and end up playing the role of only a Project Manager. Besides its usefulness, the platform has a great stickiness quotient as well which keeps bringing back you to the platform to explore more. I am just getting started with AHA but i clearly feel that this tool will be a great value addition to my team by aligning everyone with the organization goal of our business
ConsI think AHA is pretty much 10/10 in terms of the feature but i feel that if they had an on-prem deployment option, then it would have made our case easier for deployment on our premise as there are some client sensitive data which make using the SaaS version a little difficult.
Steve W.
Engineering Director
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“More than just Roadmap software”

OverallAha is a great SaaS platform with huge potential to solve Program/Project management challenges at any organization.
ProsOriginally researched and purchased as a means of providing better roadmaps and visibility, Aha has done that and so much more. We really enjoy the different features Aha offers including the SWAT analysis, vision statement, personas, goals and initiatives. All these tools help keep us focused on what matters most for our customers and company and provides a simple interface to manage it all. That said, Roadmaps are still the single most loved part of Aha and that alone make the service worth the investment. Their response times to emails are also amazing.
ConsThe largest issue we have with the Aha platform is the integration with Jira. Our existing Jira instance is self-hosted and locked down to internal network connections. Having IT open our network to allow import/export to Aha has proved to be our largest challenge to date - which admittedly shouldn't be terribly difficult. Other than Jira integration, the cost structure could be better and include more users for less.
July 8, 2019
Peter G.
API UI Developer | Senior Technical Writer
January 16, 2018

“I had a major Aha! experience switching to this awesome tool”

OverallThe benefits you get from Aha! are unlimited. By integrating it into your product team you'll likely want to do some hard training to get everyone onboard. Although they do offer exceptional training modules in their admin panel.
ProsHaving worked in the SDLC on many projects, I've seen the good, bad and ugly. Often the struggle is working within the confines of closed-system solution such as Jira. The pros of Aha! are it's 100% cloud-based so access is simple (especially for me since my employer requires PCs and I work on a Mac). Another big feature is the mapping function which makes project status and planning simple with visuals. I also think the polling functionality is pretty nice to poll your team on their support (or opposition) of specific features. Face, the less time you spend in meetings, the better you can engineer and code product.
ConsHmmm...the cons are few. Perhaps the only one I can see is some fintech companies are scared by using third-party cloud-based products. Honestly, it's not even a con. For example, one fintech I worked for relied too heavily on traditional DevOps people who were advising against cloud yet didn't truly understand the security benefits of most bona fide cloudies (i.e. AWS has been PCI compliant since 2004).
January 16, 2018
rosa t.
Executive Director, Product Management
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 14, 2017

“Organize yourself and your plans”

ProsLets you plan a roadmap the way you would in real life - in many tiers, from strategic to actual user stories that will be completed. These roadmaps are visually appealing at all levels! That means you can present and share your work and plans at any level of detail without having to pull out graphic design tools to abstract out the details or "make it pretty" for a presentation. I LOVE their notebooks. After I share a roadmap or presentation, I create a notebook so I can always track a "snapshot" of the plans I presented. This lets me go back and reference how things have changed and why they changed. I like the ability to create and track personas as well as competitive information in their wiki type pages.
ConsI have not figured out the right level of integrations with JIRA. The integration is very robust, and a full integration is easily supported. But that means when someone changes the info in Jira, that change comes over. Not what we are looking for. This may be more a process problem, but something we struggle with.
July 14, 2017
Mark T.
CFO
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2019

“The Software I Dreamed Of”

OverallWhen we had questions, Aha was on the case hard. When we needed a video conference, they were right there. I cannot say enough how nice it is to deal with such caring professionals.
ProsIt gives me the views, ease of use, ability to change on the fly that I've always wanted in platform neutral project management software. Using the cloud, we are able to coordinate and hold each other more accountable for every project in our pipeline. From product creation to market launch, we feel well covered with Aha.
ConsLearning how to tailor Aha to how you want to see your business took me a couple of days to wrap my mind around how it should look and flow. I must changed the initial layout 4 times before I found exactly what I needed. Then it flowed easily. The ability to customize terminology and report options has made the learning curve faster for those I have trained.
September 4, 2019
Jon T.
Program Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Great Start!”

OverallProgram-level road mapping is looking very positive. We are looking to continue the evaluation for a bit more and then look to purchase a number of enterprise-wide licences for program and project managers to utilise and share a common and collaborative platform.
ProsVery robust, yet flexible to my needs and presentation. Always accessible with the cloud-based format. Visual illustrations of roadmaps and timelines across many projects and programs conveys customisable key messages to all key stakeholders- Executives, managers, and team members, alike. Customer support is also awesome; I was able to engage in a 1:1 tutorial and answer all my queries at that time and readily afterwards.
ConsA bit of a learning curve as to how to apply the software to fit my requirements and intentions. Customer support helped a lot to easily overcome that.
Amanda B.
CRM Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
April 5, 2019

“Gives you the big picture”

OverallConfiguration may take a long time to achieve, so you should take this into account if you plan to use Aha. For those who need only visualizing roadmaps, this product can be too much, as they wouldn't use most of its functions.
Pros+ Flexible data models and hierarchy + New (and useful!) features in every update + Convenient for gathering input from different departments and teams + Reports + Ideas Portal + Integration of every project part into one smooth experience + Transparency + Easy information sharing + Reducing of manual work on notifications + Helps planning for teams and strategies
Cons- Some things need a ton of clicking to achieve - Somewhat complex hierarchy - UI design: the look needs major refreshing - Not all features are easy to access via mobile devices - Functionality requires some getting used to - No integration with YouTrask, so you have to use JIRA (can be worked around, though, if you use an API) - Reports need more interactiveness: static images are sometimes no good - Looks a bit outdated
April 5, 2019
Michaela G.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Every product manager's must have. ”

ProsWe've used a lot of product management software options. Categorically, Aha! is the best available on the market. The holistic approach of Aha! to product management is incredibly useful, and forward thinking. We have always advocated customer centric product approaches and Aha! really lends well to this way of thinking and framing your products. I can highly recommend Aha to any business interested in efficiently trading and managing their product function.
ConsThere's really nothing I could say as a negative to the software. The support team is extremely helpful and I have not yet had an issue.
August 7, 2019
Chris K.
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great Product Management Software”

OverallOutstanding. It's become very popular within our organization and is the proof that we know what we are doing because it keeps all the product data organized and searchable.
ProsEase of use. Very good user interface that requires little if any training or user guide. The product is able to be customized to our needs.
ConsRestriction of the all or nothing Product Manager role. Would be nice to have a role in between who can edit update requirements on features.
July 2, 2019
Thom H.
Manager, Product Management
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
July 27, 2017

“Trans-formative tool!”

OverallAbility to organize, rank and manage SDLC.
ProsWe've used Aha for a few years now to manage new features of our large, waterfall-based software platform. I've used other tools that are simpler and others that are more complex/comprehensive. For me, Aha is a great middle ground that is very easy to use and modify without having being too complex to configure.
ConsI wish the pricing was handled differently. Needing to commit to a full year of license costs before adding a new product owner to the system has made some process changes in our shop more difficult than they would have been if the pricing was more dynamic. Also, I would prefer a license that charges a smaller fee for all users rather than a large fee for each product owner. It would make it easier for me to sell system usage internally.
July 27, 2017
Joshua F.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Master, Product & Marketing”

OverallI already have; see Pros and Cons.
ProsWorkflow is sensational. Hierarchical nature and flexibility to structure product and marketing in a synergistic nature are unlike any other product I have used. Integrations with JIRA are superb, robust, and reliable. The support team makes us feel like they work at our company. Idea portals allow us to engage our customer base and elicit feedback to help us build our roadmap.
ConsAha! is a premium product, and comes with a premium price tag. While this is an easy cost/benefit win, the cost of Aha! as a startup may be difficult to justify. Despite this, Aha! does offer a startup plan for new businesses, which turns this Con into a Pro. To my fellow startups out there working on Go-to-Market and launch, I strongly recommend reaching out to Aha! to see if they will accept you into their Startup program. Aha! is run by former Product Manager's who understand our struggle, and this program is ideal to give you the advanced tools needed to be successful with your launch.
August 22, 2019
Matt A.
June 14, 2017

“Awesome platform for managing product development for distributed teams”

OverallA massive increase in visibility and comprehension between sales/product design and the development teams. We now have better certainty about features and requirements, and there's a lot less 'lost email' that previously led to confusion and delays.
ProsVery complete product for working on one or more product management projects. We've noticed a 'tightening up' of both our internal and external teams for communication, comprehension, and delivery as we shifted to Aha. It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of what's possible in the product especially with integrations and the various template, workflows, and automation. We have two development teams on our first Aha project, and Aha has made it very easy to see the dependencies between teams and keep the conversations and 'to do' tasks in one place. Customer support has been proactive, and I could get on online meeting upon request to clarify some very specific points that related to our workflow. Documentation is also very good and for a deep product there is a high degree of intuitiveness (if that's a word).
ConsIt's a big program for sure. I didn't realise how much data entry I had to do until I could everything in one place, and manage the feature/requirement/task relationships properly. That's a 'con' because I hate having clarity on how much work I need to do.. For a web application Aha is very rich/deep, so the UI takes a little time to comprehend
June 14, 2017
Nick K.
Technical Director
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2017

“The perfect solution for software product managers & development teams”

OverallIntroducing Aha! into our product delivery process has further reduced the gap between product & technical teams and resulted in a more predictable & stable team cadence. More importantly, our adoption of the product has helped us deliver projects on-time, whilst continuing to manage and prioritise requests from existing customers. Prior to discovering Aha, we were planning an in-house tool which connected our product managers to development teams. After a short trial, we finally got that "Aha" moment when we hooked up Atlassian JIRA & Slack and realised that we wouldn't need to spend time away from our core business activities to develop a solution to manage ideas and product features. We've been using the product for almost a year now and have required support twice for minor issues. In both instances, the company has been ultra-responsive, with answers coming from actual product managers at the company... even late on a Saturday night. The product does have a slightly steep learning curve, but if you stick with it and take the time to set it up, it's well worth the upfront investment in time! Supporting everything from company vision, right down to individual feature specifications means products managers have everything they need to keep our product relevant and ahead of the curve.
Internet, 11-50 employees
October 27, 2017

“The only tool I know that does the job.”

OverallFinally a tool that actually supports Product Managers properly.
ProsSupports the Product Management process really, really well and helps communicate what's going on. Very flexible and can model most processes. The external idea portal integration is neat, and so is the ability to integrate with external tools like Zendesk. Support is very, very fast and helpful with product usage questions.
ConsIt's a bit Jira-like in that it is hyperflexible with everything. It's very difficult to grasp what's happening for anyone who isn't a PM, and even for PMs there's some things in there that aren't particularly intuitive (some of the filtering and reporting UI for example, or the fact that there's a tiny dropdown that defines whether you're looking at the company or product, and also impacts your settings screen etc). I also reported a few UX bugs to the team and received the standard "it's a feature, not a bug" response which was a shame. This is I think the downside of having Product Managers as your Customer Success people.
October 27, 2017
Jon E.
April 27, 2018

“Over all, the easiest most feature rich product of it's type”

OverallEasier management, improved communications, better roadmap visibility.
ProsIncredibly easy to setup and use. After watching the training videos I was up and running with a test project within the hour. The interface is clean and consistent, and largely self explanatory for anyone - you don't need to be a product or project manager. The fact that it provides light functions to bring together different business areas and report on pretty much everything is a real bonus. I have used Jira in the past and a complaint often heard from non technical staff is 'it's too techie'. Aha is not - it's very simple, and as a bonus integrates with Jira if that's what your dev team use. Support is also lightning quick - quite literally all of my comms have been responded to withing the hour - sometimes within 15 minutes - and that's an answer from a person - not an automated 'we'll deal with it sometime never' response.
ConsThere is very little not to like. If I had a single criticism, *some* parts of config are not that obvious, but very little. I am actually struggling to think of another con. I guess the file manager/document management could be a little bit more feature rich if you are used to using confluence you may notice that.
April 27, 2018
April 21, 2018

“Great tool for portfolio management”

ProsFinally a tool properly designed for Product Managers! Use it every day to capture ideas and keep track of high level epics/ initiatives we use it weekly during our executives meeting and that helps to keep everyone informed and re-prioritize on the spot when needed. my personal favorite is the notebook feature that we can then share. We use it to project our roadmap on our big office TV as an information radiator to keep everybody informed of what's coming
ConsI'm not a huge fan of everything being driven by date I would like more flexibility around that as we are using it Kanban style and having dates on those initiatives doesn't help. the integration with Jira also requires a bit of learning to keep what you need in sync
April 21, 2018
Matt K.
Director of Product Management
July 24, 2019

“Versatile and Usable”

OverallOur organization has benefited with better organization, communication, and prioritization of our product development.
ProsAha is configurable to fit your organizational processes while remaining intuitive and usable.
Consn/a
July 24, 2019
Human Resources, 201-500 employees
April 20, 2018

“This is a very useful software for building the product feature roadmap and tracking it”

OverallI am able to build my product roadmap and have it in a state where it can be shared easily with others, track the progress of features and plan ahead.
ProsThe product works well for the most of the product development lifecycle. It is customizable enough to have multiple products and product lines tracked efficiently and in detail. It's Pivot reports functionality is very powerful to view the features grouped by various parameters and generate some excellent reports.
ConsThe integration with JIRA is sometimes a little unstable, especially when it comes to custom fields that we use heavily within our organization. It could also do a better job about allowing more ways to input and represent the detailed product strategy in the Strategy part of the tool
April 20, 2018
201-500 employees
June 29, 2018

“Best project management tool for product managers”

ProsAha! This truly is top most project management tool used by most companies as it aids product managers to deliver specifications of a product with premium quality. It is a roadmap to different solutions and features and helps in delivering the best possible, by satisfying the customers needs and wants. The overall quality of this product is outstanding and the most preferred tool in the corporate networks. The customer support is really brilliant when it comes to understanding the product or regarding any queries or other stuffs.
ConsIt is a premium tool and hence a little on the heavier side when it comes to purchasing the product especially by smaller companies. A great tool to look out for by mid and large sized companies, because it suffices every needs and provides features as per what you pay. The overall design is a bit complex initially when it comes to understanding this product. However, in the long run it eases through and most of the features can be easily understood and used accordingly.
June 29, 2018
Norah B.
Associate Vice President, Product Management and Design
October 30, 2017

“In 1 year Aha! has allowed us to do better roadmaps and excel in prod. Mgmt tasks.”

OverallI've been way more effective at communicating my product strategy with the capabilities in excel. A lot less manual cleanup to get my message out. And we've been able to expand into a more robust formal competitor and client tracking too!
ProsSo easy to use. After playing around with the trial version, we started setting up our own instance. We've changed our approaches here and there, but the ease of reporting, audit tracking of all activity, and the visibility of organizing releases and requirements has been a major improvement over the spreadsheet roadmaps I had before.
ConsMore flexibility in the views of roadmaps would be great - I have to do a lot of ppt and the notebooks or images don't always align well with our corporate ppt.
October 30, 2017
James W.
Product Owner
July 11, 2017

“Changed Everything for us”

OverallThe sheer amount of time it saves once it is set up - it gives clarity not just to everyone in my team, but has some amazing features to share very specific (you can be very granular) details about products with all stakeholders.
ProsHow comprehensive it is - not only has it allowed us to much more easily manage our product roadmap, but it has taken hours off our week through the "Notebook" reports which we can issue to all stakeholders.
ConsThe sheer number of features can be a bit bewildering - this was less an issue for me as a regular user, but to occasional users it can sometimes be difficult to find things. I'd recommend getting the licence which allows free Viewer access so that you have control over what they see and how they get to it.
July 11, 2017
Nick B.
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
October 9, 2019

“Excellent Product”

ProsAha is a low-floor, high-ceiling tool for product managers, product owners, business analysts, project managers and other product stakeholders. It's updated frequently, with new features solving problems you didn't realise you were having.
ConsThere are so many features that it can become tricky to know which ones you should use and for what.
October 9, 2019
April 20, 2019

“A great ideation tool which is a must have for Software companies”

OverallIdeation for our product line
ProsIdeation gives us the ability to share different product ideas and have votes made on which idea is most important, this gives product managers a direction and roadmap to help design the right features that people actually want and care about! API also allows us to bring in data from external sources and integrate with out applications we use internally
ConsThe software does exactly what we need it to do, no cons for aha!
April 20, 2019
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
June 17, 2018

“Aha! can run your product management function - if you learn it”

OverallRoadmap planning, feature tracking, agile planning, public ideas board.
ProsAha! is just incredibly powerful. From GANT and agile planning to long term feature and master feature roadmaps, Aha! has the firepower to roll up even the most complex roadmaps. Reporting is robust and in depth, and integrations link to your existing strategic initiatives seamlessly. Public facing roadmaps and ideas boards complete the experience to go from vision to product.
ConsWith complexity comes ease of use challenges. To use Aha! effectively, one has to know it well. It faces the same struggles as other software that is very powerful and feature rich. Once you figure out the navigation and feature linking, it becomes much easier to use. If you inherit an existing Aha! board, you may need a week to get accustomed.
June 17, 2018
Teri B.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
June 27, 2019

“Good Visuals once you get it all set up”

OverallWe used Aha to help organize Product road-mapping and Product Launches. It's helping provide visibility to the whole organization.
ProsI like the ability to report on just about anything you do in multiple formats. This gives us the ability to give each different group their own unique view of products. We have used this tool for both Product Management and Product Marketing. The Product Marketing function is great and provides good visuals for launch planning and messaging.
ConsThe set up and start up can really be confusing. If you don't structure your products and organizations in just the right way, or use just the right type of field (to do - vs- activity) especially in the Marketing side, it's hard to get reporting to work for you correctly.
June 27, 2019
Anton Z.
Head of Product
11-50 employees
January 23, 2018

“We love Aha and the way it helps our distributed team to stay focused on what's important.”

ProsIt is designed with the product management in mind, the way it should be. Helping you to focus on the key things that you need to clarify, design and plan. At the same time it allows you to customize the flow/process you want to use in your team, and even the vocabulary/terms you get used to use - so you really feel that it's your team's tool at the end! Our Engineering team also enjoys using Aha cause it gives them convenience while updating the progress on current business requirements and also allows to keep track of the technical features on the roadmap.
ConsThe recently launched Mockups feature still requires improvements here and there, but I know for sure that at the end Aha team will do it the best way possible for its users.
Sikia S.
Product Management - Document Solutions
August 28, 2017

“Aha! has given us the ability to implement our Product Vision one release at a time. ”

ProsAha! has streamlined our release management process, while at the same time allowing us to track our product vision for each release. We can now link that vision directly to product enhancements included in each release, ensuring that our product moves forward and is properly aligned with our product roadmap. Reporting capabilities allow us to communicate on a given release in a manner that is easy to produce and share.
ConsOne con is that data backups are only available at the Enterprise Plus license tier, it would be nice if this type of security was offered at other license tiers.
August 28, 2017
Kaitlyn M.
Senior Product Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
June 20, 2017

“Amazing strategy management, idea aggregation and product planning! Steeper learning curve than some”

OverallA formalized product planning process, integrating strategy and greatly improving visibility to release planning, strategy, and initiatives. A better process for working together as a PM team and work visibility.
ProsThe customizable idea portals per product, the product and product line management, the idea ranking and feature ranking tools, the drag-and-drop displays and visualizations for PMs to manage their work.
ConsThe less-than-friendly release management pages and to-dos, the UI-heavy requirement and feature specification pages, instead of content-focused, and all the limitations to the VSO integration which create heavy lifting and manual re-entry in VSO itself. The notebooks are also not that friendly for collaboration, only for sharing, and are older looking with one item per page.
June 20, 2017
James R.
Managing Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 7, 2019

“Good user experience for a range of stakeholders and good integrate with Azure Dev Ops”

OverallWe need a platform that sits above our agile project management tool that we can use to manage a very complex roadmap. Different stakeholders can interact with Aha which works really well for us.
ProsAha sits neatly above our Agile project management software. It's very easy to manage and integrate feedback from users into the product backlog. The thing that was most attractive and worked best compared to other products is the integration with azure dev ops.
ConsAha works well for us. We haven't used enough to find any niggles yet.
October 7, 2019
David M.
VP Product Management
October 4, 2019

“Our product loves Aha!”

ProsIts the ability to visualise the very top line of the strategy and see that drill down to the features that deliver it. The ease of use within the Aha! interface encourages you to really think about your Vision, Mission, Goals, etc. not just for the company but for each individual product and service you dream up. The tool is such a brilliant aid to discussing strategy it keeps us engaged and wanting to come back to regularly review, refine and adapt.
ConsManaging Releases and Master Releases can be a little awkward but actually I quickly realised it was because I didn't really need the feature and was able to meet my requirement with the flexibility of the roadmap view.
October 4, 2019
ravi r.
Associate Software Developer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
July 5, 2018

“Good streamlined product development and Roadmap”

OverallWe inspect our project working plan and all our data regarding the same with Aha. We can manage the customer variance more better with it's help. We view our roadmap with it.
ProsIt is very streamlined and have a perfect functionalities like getting our product planning details. Ilike how Aha simplifies our strategic planning process for product management and product marketing. I have tried to track and share information on dozens of competitors and had a great visibility into our roadmap getting most of the details. The details are crystal clear for what more we have to do.
ConsIt can be more user friendly , as it requires a steep learning curve to be familiar with the product. The prices can be reduced a little more.
July 5, 2018
Maria C.
Administrative Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
May 3, 2018

“Aha! is amazing, exceeds all expectations and offers great tool for project management.”

Overall Aha! has an amazing connected data model, the level of workflow is highly driven. There are plenty of visualization options and great dashboard transparency.
ProsAha! offers its positive effect for a single project, and also adds higher benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. The best part, this is system of managing a project portfolio and stay organized.
ConsAll of the functions Aha! offers need to be more accessible on mobile devices. Some functions do not work on mobile that work on laptops or desktops.
May 3, 2018
Igor C.
Sales Manager
April 11, 2018

“Great system for managing large teams”

OverallAha is a powerful tool, but may be too powerful for many use cases. With that said, it is a quite a beast when you know your way around it and it really shines with an experienced user.
ProsAha! is great in that it provides Gantt charts and Kanban boards for all of the products. The roadmap view (which you can share with others) is also great and it allows you to selectively include product features. We are working with Jira, so the auto-push to Jira is pretty handy too.
ConsAdmittedly, the app can be pretty hard and intimidating to get into and the learning curve is pretty steep. Big projects broken down into smaller features is not as seamless as it could be. The other thing that might be a major turn down for some is the lack of the mobile app.
April 11, 2018
Mike H.
VP of Product
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
May 19, 2017

“Aha has changed the game for us. ”

OverallI think the biggest benefit to using this is the transparency that the entire organization gets from using the software.
Pros It's not that we didn't do what the software does, but what it does is organizes it and draws all the parallels together in one very nice interface. We are currently working with all the integrations to the different software we currently use. It is a great tool to organize and see your product lifecycle in one very clean interface. The ability to view everything in the lifecycle and see not only the WHAT but the WHY makes it very powerful.
ConsI wish they had a mobile interface. So many times in meetings I get asked about one thing or another and pulling it up on my phone is doable, but not awesome...
May 19, 2017
Jessica K.
Product Operations Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2019

“We love Aha!”

ProsThe CCG Product Team loves the roadmap features, reporting capabilities, strategy visualization and customizations, system integration abilities, ease of use and working closely with the Aha! Customer Success Team who is has helped our team use the product in a way that maximized value and supported us as we expanded the product to other areas of the organization including CCG Marketing.
ConsWe would love to roll this out to our entire organization but pricing is too expensive to do so.
July 26, 2019
Ralph J.
CTO
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“Excellent product for small and larger teams”

OverallLove the product and recommended it to a larger company who successfully deployed and used it.
ProsThe ability to drive from the organization's most strategic goals down to the smallest details of the product with complete traceability. I also like that you can have an idea portal to solicit input from customers/end users. The investor presentation deck is also super useful.
ConsSometimes the wealth of capabilities can become a little overwhelming. It is tempting to over do it and get ahead of what the end users can consume.
July 22, 2019
Andy G.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
June 30, 2017

“What an application ! Thanks AHA for your help!”

ProsWe love Aha! and use it for managing our products. It helps our product team link high-level strategy directly to the team's work and create visual roadmaps that can be easily shared. The Customer Success team are comprised of former product managers who provide consultative support and best practice sharing often going above and beyond to help us get the best from the platform
ConsTakes a bit of time to learn but its like any enterprise application. We took about a week to setup correctly which isnt that long really.
June 30, 2017
Guillaume m.
VP Product
Retail, 10,001+ employees
April 3, 2017

“Great PM tool. Superb for communicating roadmaps to wider audiences”

OverallI have been using Aha for the past 3 years now in two different companies as VP product and thoroughly enjoy it. It has all the key features a PM could desire: from the strategy setting to the creation of personas, visions, initiatives etc. to the actual feature planning and integration. It is really easy to use and super impactful to communicate to wider audience. The best is that it is constantly evolving with better features and they have a great support team
Kai N.
IT-Projektmanager
March 12, 2018

“Not the product I expected”

OverallNot much as I am working as a project manager. So for product teams and scrum teams this product brings a lot of benefits for creating road maps etc.
ProsThe software has a lot of functionalities for product and scrum teams. You can adjust a lot of things and options to make it fit for your needs. I think it is the perfect product if you only work in scrum teams and there is no bigger need for dependencies between products etc.
ConsTo many possibilities and a quit expensive product if you want to use it in the complete company. We also had a lot of problems to create dependencies of different products, which was a main killer for us to not working any longer with aha. We had an online presentation by aha which was definitely more like a sales roadshow and no questions were answered as hoped. Especially if you are working in different teams and techniques it will be hard to use this product. As an example: We are a company with 3 scrum teams and 2 project management teams. We are working really close together as our projects influence the scrum teams (hardware rollouts etc. i.e) The scrum teams can use aha easily. The project management teams have no chance, as aha is completely focused on products and scrum. So even for a simply overview it was hard to put everything together and still if you managed it: the dependancies were missing.
March 12, 2018
Michel B.
CPO/CMO
January 23, 2018

“Must have tool for product managers and C-Level”

Proswell designed tool for product management. best in class customer service and organization. great pricing for startups and highly responsible company
ConsI would like to see more depth in their competitive analysis section - maybe some data aggregation of competitive info, latest news, crunchbase data, etc. ?
Leo M.
CSR II
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
May 12, 2019

“Everything is easy with Aha!”

OverallGreat product. It really is worth the money.
ProsThis really is a game changer. We have managed our products easily using this. You will be able to share with much ease on the whole team using this one. Customer support surely knows what they are doing.
ConsIt is sometimes challenging to navigate this tool. If you really want to master this one, you should put your heart in to it and try to understand every corner of it.
May 12, 2019
11-50 employees
May 20, 2018

“So many features that you wonder if it is the right product for you. ”

OverallNone really. Spent a lot of time getting this software to work for us. It is too rigid and the learning curve is steep. We want a solution that will work and are not looking for a tool we have to learn.
ProsIt is visually beautiful and has is fully loaded with tons of features. If you are a team that can spend some time learning the tool, I am sure it is going to help you. There are tons of training videos that are helpful. The documentation is brilliant too. The Support team is very helpful.
ConsThe learning curve is steep. By the time you are done with the training the trial is almost over. It is unnecessarily complicated product. It is not always possible to build new processes to accommodate a software tool. Trello is incredibly simple despite having an overly simplified Kanban board. Trello lets you organize work quickly while Ah ha forces you to learn a new tool. I'd rather work on my product than spend time learning a new tool.
May 20, 2018
March 20, 2018

“A visually rich, easy to manipulate, quality tool for designing your roadmaps - not just a chart!”

Pros Aha! is nice in that it guides you through roadmap creation, and for each phase, has an "initial" start that points out features of that section with guidance on how to use them. It has many nice video tutorials that help you get started quickly. It has placeholders for all aspects of getting through the roadmap process. The scoring system is fantastic, giving some credibility as far as ranking, and it is nice that we can create our own metrics for that. Aha! Customer Success Team has been great. Always willing to lend a hand or explain an issue that didn't work the way I expected. The team responds to, and usually resolves issues within minutes. They provide advice and best practices to help use their software, and even help best attack your problem. Lots of ways to customize the views and reports.
ConsThe rather cool chart designed to visualize the mappings between goals, campaigns, etc. didn't like the way I broke up some of the relationships - and didn't quite give me the view I desired for such a visual. :-( As with any product full of rich features - sometimes, it isn't always intuitive how things relate, but if you watch the videos, it will help you quickly get across the learning curve.
March 20, 2018
Vinitha M.
Founder and CEO
Management Consulting, Self-employed
September 9, 2019

“Collaborative software with excellent customer service”

ProsThe ability to build high-level vision and strategy, to developing detailed execution plans along with roadmaps that can be effectively communicated across all levels of the organization, is a benefit that I have not seen with other systems in the market. The collaborative platform along with its embedded templates is beneficial for clients who are new to using cloud-based software across their value chain to manage critical projects. The customer service along with offering a startup rate for new businesses is an added bonus that I did not expect but truly appreciate.
ConsThere is a lot more to explore and learn and thus far have no cons to report.
September 9, 2019