PTminder Ratings

Overall

About PTminder

Business Management Software for Personal Trainers. Manage your Personal Training business with ease. PTminder is an online platform which not only covers your Calendar Scheduling, Payments, and Client Management, but also provides Workout Planning, Nutrition Planning and Client Assessment Tools - everything you need to run your PT business! Designed for Personal Trainers, Studios & Boutique Gyms. Learn more about PTminder

Tim C.
August 15, 2019

“Great software to help Personal Trainers run their business”

OverallIt makes running my business so easy in terms of the admin and finances. The system handles it all. I don't have to worry about it. I can log all of my expenses in there as well which helps massively with accounting. Clients book themselves in and can see how many slots they have left from their packages - and just buy more as and when. This means I don't have to worry about any of the administration and can focus solely on giving the best group classes and personal training sessions without the burden of the admin. Clients love it too.
ProsIt's easy to use. Set up is very straightforward. Integration with existing website is also very simple. The ability for clients to book their own sessions (within available slots) is so helpful, and allowing clients to pay online and book into classes or go on a waiting list takes all of the effort out of it. Clients particularly like the email and text reminders.
ConsThe workout planner isn't as advanced as some others, and it's not quite as set up for online personal training (i.e. remote coaching) as some competitors.
August 15, 2019
Olivia B.
Director/ Personal Trainer
April 6, 2017

“Super easy to use, has it all in one for a small business.”

OverallI love it because it is easy to use for my small business, has most of the functionalities that I need, makes financial reports very easy to see, and plenty of ways to ensure that there are no errors for example going to Balance of clients allows me to check if I reconciled all sessions correctly and charged correctly. Which helps reduce errors in number. I have also noticed it has improved a lot in the last year, the speed of loading is better and functions work better. Super easy to navigate. Would love to see the monthly membership a little bit cheaper especially as I am a very small business with only 2 trainers at the moment. But overall, very happy, I do all my admin stuff in the program and at this point do not require any additional program to manage all the numbers and clients. Everything is in one place.
ProsEasy to use. Has everything that a business needs. Easy to read financial reports. Monthly graphs and charts are awesome visual aid of financial position. Love that I can easily jump from monthly to weekly to annually depending what data I want to compare. Keeps you in check if you are entering numbers correctly, by being able to double check balances and see if all charges and income has been entered correctly.
ConsNeeds to be a little bit cheaper with addition of the new trainers as my trainers only use the diary and client tabs.

By PTminder on April 7, 2017
Thanks Olivia! Please get in touch if you need to add more trainers, we'll sort out a small discount for you :)
Tine d.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
April 22, 2017

“Requested Feedback”

OverallLove the product, defintely wouldn't be able to live without it. I talk to other personal trainers about getting this! easily access calendar from my phone on the go. Love the fact that assessment information is on my phone instantly if I need it and clients can access this through their log in portal. Like the fact that I can have active, lead and past clients. I like how you can see the earnings at a glance per month. Would like to see in the future: -booking unavailable time in the diary through the app right now its just sessions/classes. -payments connection to bank account to reconcile sessions that way -private notes to be the default for sessions or at least the option rather than workout plan Have had a few instances where I add a prepaid payment to a client click the send receipt function and it sends that information to a random client. This has happened about 4 times now and have emailed in about it to which I've not had a response from you guys. My clients are pretty cool about this kind of thing but when it involves dollar amounts when clients are on different rates, I have a very hard time trying to explain this to them.
ProsEasy to book in clients and hold client information App Website log in easy I can manage my classes and clients Snap shot of how much made Week and Year to date Hold assessment information in once place
ConsPrivate notes not the default in the sessions breakdown Payment information connection to your bank - have to add each payment manually Unavaliable time is hard to use (to block own training and so that clients cant book in in that time). Needs to be a 3rd session/class type of action.
April 22, 2017
Luke A.
Gym owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Unspecified
April 7, 2017

“A great software still in progress”

OverallI had been using PT Minder for 3 years I believe, and rate the software very highly. It allows me to run my personal training business efficiently and professionally. Plus points of using this software; - easy to use, and organise your schedule - efficient client booking system for classes and sessions - pretty rounded financial reports and reconciliation aspects, keeping on top of what money you're making. - good client profiling and information logging Rooms for improvement; - the workout planning side of things is pretty much non existent. An api should be used to link with programs such as Trainerize - a more efficient approach to client workout progress. - links to more payment websites such as gocardless, Expensify, and potentially links to bank accounts to track invoices being received. - a more aesthetically pleading and branded app - giving info on the classes and services we offer as trainers, therapists etc. Clients can they decide what to book based on this. A very good software - just needs more integration with other software that is more advanced in other areas.
Tiffany J.
Wellness Coach & Personal Trainer, Owner
April 13, 2017

“Overall Happy with a few kinks”

OverallI have been using this software for a few months and I am happy with it although there are a couple of features that I wish were improved. For my clients who miss sessions or go on vacation, the system is a bit cumbersome to track that. I have to create an owed session code and credit the customer another session instead of the system automatically tracking it for me. For clients who go on vacation, the pause feature does not let you select your own date. The dates are based on their membership start and end dates so that also makes a bit of extra work. The system otherwise is fairly easy to use and customer service is always available although I think there may be a language barrier which makes some of the communication more time consuming to explain. But they are always very nice and helpful and do follow up if there was a question they have to research. When I first bought the service, the feature of having merchandise for sale was not available and now is so that was a great improvement. There have been other upgrades based on feedback so I know that this company is willing to grow, which is great. I am a small business (sole proprietor) so this software has been ideal for my needs.
Prosease of use, availability of customer service and willingness to be helpful, value for money
Conscustomer service language barrier (sometimes takes a while to explain the issue), limitations for missed sessions tracking and pausing a membership tracking
Recommendations to other buyersoverall I like this software and am happy with it. I tested every other major software company and this offered the most flexibility and the best price. There was only one other company that offered more flexibility, but they had a lot of negative reviews about difficulty with customer service and was cost prohibitive - both turn offs.
April 13, 2017
Omeil W.
personal trainer
December 7, 2018

“this the easiest fitness software to use”

Overallthis was the first fitness software I ever used and still, one of the best how it functions is very straightforward, you monitor your expense and income. it gives a lot more freedom to set up your account to fit your business, this has everything you will need for your business whenever I try a fitness software I always come it to ptminder.
Prosthis is so easy to use, You get a free trial where you can add 2 clients, I can take payment, send out invoice and receipts to client, booking and cancel client session, clients area where they can booking to a session anytime, view client's assessment, you can easily keep track of your clients session and they get a message reminding them only have 1 session to go etc....
Consthe meal plan builder is poor. the work planner is average
December 7, 2018
Kathy H.
April 18, 2017

“Huge value for not so huge price!”

OverallPTminder is a phenomenal software for personal trainers. I have used a few other software options for scheduling and you can tell that, although those other systems are significantly more pricey, they do NOT have the personal trainer's needs in mind. PTminder's functionality is spot on, allows both my clients and myself to access anything we need on the go, and helps me go above and beyond for them in more than one capacity. I can provide workouts, meal plans, track their measurements, and then pull up the graph of their improvements, all while IN THEIR SESSION! As a personal trainer this is amazing functionality that other big organizations just aren't able to offer. Switching to PTminder was the perfect decision for my small business.
ProsMultiple offerings: 1:1, classes, reminder emails, body measurements, food plans, and workout plans can all be added to the system for client and trainer to reference.
ConsLimited app functionality. It will not allow me to late cancel a class participant and open a spot for a new participant to register (if there is a max number of class participants). It also won't allow me to see all of my clients in the day view if there are too many. You cannot scroll down to see them all.
April 18, 2017
Angela T.
April 19, 2017

“Keeps me organized”

OverallThis program is very user friendly and offers many functions. They are constantly looking for ways to update and improve. I have been very happy with the evolution of PTMinder thus far. The pricing is great. I'm a smaller studio and can't aford the higher cost of other popular software, but this is everything I need. I'm excited to see what else they have instore.
ProsThe pricing and easy of use
ConsI create many different packages and lengths of service. It would be nice to have more customization with the details. Such as how often payments will be made, and the breakdown/distribution of sessions. For example, I have clients who pay monthly for 6 months, and have 20 sessions that can be used in that 6 months. (Rather than the 24 it currently automatically gives when I select 2x a week service).
Recommendations to other buyersI would love automatic reminders to me for things like birthdays and the anniversary date of a client's start with me. I would also love to be able to schedule emails and text ahead of time to send out.
April 19, 2017
Kate T.
Owner/Director
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
April 9, 2017

“Great Service!”

OverallGreat program, have been using it for a few years now and have been impressed with the constant improvements they have been making in there software, making it more integrated and generally making my job easier. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem the customer support team have been straight on to it and exceptionally helpful.
ProsEasy to use and links in with many other programs I use.
ConsIt would be great if there was someway to create a link from my website to ptminder for non clients to book appointments, therefore they would not require a log in. I think there should be a way to round off/finish a financial year. Would be great if it interlinked with MYOB for accounting purposes.
Recommendations to other buyersI have been really impressed with all the upgrades that have become available!
April 9, 2017
Mike A.
June 5, 2018

“It started out bumpy. Being they are overseas it was difficult to get support. ”

OverallClient management and scheduling seem to be the biggest attributes. The ease of scheduling and editing is a plus also, the app comes in handy.
ProsGreat for scheduling, p&l, client management, client reminders and invoicing. It helps keep track of current client as well as leads and previous clients.
ConsIt doesn't link with any other software like quick books. As mentioned earlier the support is hard being the are in a completely different continent.

By PTminder on June 7, 2018
Hi MIke, Thanks for your review. Quickbooks integration is coming this year, we'll let you know once that's available :) Also for customer support, we do have 24/7 round the clock support, so you can get in touch any time by using the "Chat with us" button on the website.
June 5, 2018
Junior H.
Gym Owner/ Personal Trainer
May 6, 2017

“Moved to PT Minder from Mind Body Online and soooo!! glad I did. Brilliant bit of software. 5 star.”

OverallValue for money. Ease of use. Moving from a bigger software company that was charging a lot more PT MINDER has proved to provide a much better service at a much cheaper price. They are great!!!
ProsValue for money. Saving a MASSIVE £600 a year in relation to what I was paying. The ease of use of PT Minder means you do not need to be constantly ringing up for support. Simple online support by live customer support normally works out any problems you may have. As well as this when the solution is given you normally find it is a simple one that you can remember for next time you are using the system. The screen interface is very good. All of my clients have said it is a very easy to use and book in. I find it a lot less confusing to use then the MindBody software I used for over a year. PT Minder also seem to take on board any suggestions and look to develop from your user experience. I have found that they are catering for all the things that I was getting with the Mind Body Software at a QUARTER of the price. As well as this is the fact that the system is very easy to use. Cannot recommend the product highly enough.
ConsThe app is not as good so I tend to use the website version when on the iPad. The 4 star rating on overall quality will be 5 star once the app is sorted.
May 6, 2017
September 17, 2019

“Easily the best Fitness software for Personal trainer”

Overallits was very difficult going to use the other fitness software after using Pt minder for so long because they thought of everything you need to run a Personal training business successfully it covers 1 on 1, group session, semi-private plus more, you customize your website the list goes on you have to get your free trial then see for yourself you will be happy I promise you.
Proskeep track of clients session invoice clients and take payment to create your exercise and diet plan for clients track clients results
ConsI did not like the exercise and diet planner it did not fit how to like to plan my sessions meals plans for clients
September 17, 2019
Eddie S.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
April 6, 2017

“A Must-Have for trainers”

OverallPTMinder covers all the bases for your accounting and scheduling needs. The developers have covered every possible variation with the training business. The workout and nutrition parts need some work but without those PTMinder is more than worth the money. Keeping track of schedules, sessions, client info, accounting and anything else you can think of is easy.
ProsIntuitive, easy to use, covers every possibility with scheduling, training packages and accounting
ConsWorkout and nutrition software is no good. I use other apps that are much better.

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
Thanks Eddie! We've only just released the Workout & Nutrition modules recently, but we have some awesome improvements planned for them this year :)
Jimmy R.
Owner/Head Coach
April 11, 2017

“Great to a degree”

OverallHave been using PTMinder on and off for awhile now, and I quite like the set up. After waiting for awhile, the workout planner turned out to be a bit of a let down as you can't use it to track progress, it's just session by session print outs. Cost wise, it's also a bit pricey. Outside of that, they provide a solid service that does all the basics and then some in regards to client management and scheduling. Bit to heavy on just the financial reporting side for mine.
ProsScheduling and client management
ConsCost, workout planner is a let down
Recommendations to other buyersThe cost would almost be worth it if the workouts were also trackable in the way of tracking a clients weight lifting progressions
April 11, 2017
Thomas T.
Assistant Manager / Personal Trainer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
December 18, 2018

“Business is Booming!”

OverallVery pleased with the fluidity of the software. PTminder has been a huge reason for my success in personal training. Looking forward to many more clients involved with this process!
ProsI've used PTminder for years now and it keeps getting better. Calendar Integration. Ability to link Facebook for Marketing! Allows my clients to schedule training online, instead of me calling/messaging every waking minute. In-App payment processing!
ConsI have bounced back and forth between different software/apps, but keep coming back to PTminder.
December 18, 2018
Adam G.
Movement Therapist
January 9, 2018

“Awesome software!!”

ProsFor the complexity of the tasks you need it for, the software is relatively easy to master and the customer service is amazing!! Anything that i didn't understand, i could almost instantly get a response from the online chat service they provide and was given the correct answer and great guidance almost instantly. Compare it to some of the bigger names out there and i think they not only revival them but probably surpass them and are a lot better value for money.
ConsThere are a few areas that i feel they can improve on but they are very small and if i'm honest i can't remember what they are. (obviously shows just how insignificant they are.
January 9, 2018
Ross D.
Personal Trainer & business order
April 30, 2017

“Great tailored service for personal trainers”

ProsIt's pretty simple to use, and it is tailored to personal trainers and the type of service we provide
ConsNote taking features aren't detailed enough. I've emailed support with more info about this The mobile app isn't easy to use for note taking on clients, and it isn't possible to see trainer availability in the mobile app The tablet app isn't optimised for tablet screens. Lots more features could be accessed in an easier and more efficient way on tablets

By PTminder on April 30, 2017
Thanks for the review Ross! We'll look into addressing those cons :)
April 30, 2017
Will N.
April 7, 2017

“Everything you need, at great value”

OverallFrom my side of the programme I have had very few little problems. Some clients however haven't been able to log in or their password won't work. It's easy to use and has all the utilities a personal trainer/small business owner would need - I can't speak for those with multiple coaches etc. One issue I had recently was that I couldn't invoice for part of a large sum of money. I wanted to invoice for half a programme, but when I selected it from the clients purchase. It would only let me invoice the whole amount and so I had to add notes that I didn't require them to pay all upfront. Not a huge issue, but something that could maybe be addressed. In all, a really useful, easy to use and great value programme.
ProsI like its simplicity.
ConsOccasional blips/programme freeze
Recommendations to other buyersClients sometimes struggle to get their password to work.
Cheryl D.
Personal trainer

“Thrilled trainer!”

OverallWhen I finally got the courage to leave a box gym and start my own boutique gym I was extremely nervous about keeping clean records of my clients, payments, and financials! PT Minder made it incredibly easy and it gives me peace of mind that I do not have to worry and can concentrate on being the best trainer and not spending countless hours on other aspects of my business!!! Thank you PT Minder for always changing with the industry to make improvements to make it easier for me!!
ProsHow easy and simple it is to use and navigate through!
ConsA couple of glitches here and there but always improving!

By PTminder on April 7, 2017
Awesome stuff Cheryl! We appreciate the review :)
Sheree B.
Personal Trainer & Nutritionist
July 24, 2017

“PTminder is so simple and easy to use, I love all of the amazing features!”

OverallAs described previously
ProsThe software enables me to keep myself and my clients on track. I had terrible time management and ability to track payments before I used PT minder. I love that I can use it across all my devices and how simple it is to use. It is super easy to customise too. I also love that if you have any issue the support team is so helpful.
ConsThe only problem I find is that sometimes if I am booking from a different device the appointments do not syncronize and can leave me with double booking myself. Also can be very slow on my iPad and iPhone. I would use it a lot more on these devices if I could rely on it.
July 24, 2017
Amy M.
April 12, 2017

“A new player on the market!”

OverallWhen I first opened Amz Fitness I was looking for software that was simple and at that stage could track how many clients I had coming into the business. Over the years PT Minder has grown alongside my business and I have incorporated the new functionality into how I manage my clients success as well. I find the system very easy to use and was so glad when they introduced the app functionality as I can now have PT Minder on the go and can book in client sessions without needing to wait until I am back in my office. I am excited to see the many more changes and improvements that will come with PT Minder. For all the other software on the market PT Minder is the best value for money! :D
ProsEase of use, when I am on the go
ConsI think the finances side of the software can be improved
Recommendations to other buyersNo
April 12, 2017
Moayyed F.
Coach
April 18, 2019

“Comprehensive PT and studio management tool”

OverallFinancial reporting hygiene and reliable scheduling removes the need for any accounting administrative staff.
ProsComprehensively covers PT business needs. Native workflow is educative for new business owners to get total control over administration. Financial reporting and calendar management are synced well. It also covers all my CRM needs in real time.
ConsComplex UI. App doesn't flow well across screens. Tedious to make new calendar entries.
April 18, 2019
Moayyed F.
Coach
April 8, 2017

“Excellent business management and organisation tool for PTs”

OverallVersatile app that covers all the business organisation needs and more for a small PT business like mine. Well organised process flow that seamlessly places time and financial data in to synced records. Simple dashboards and the ability to crunch complex reports like average time costs, projections and reconciled earnings make this software a reliable virtual finance and admin department.
ProsReconciliation and calendar management
ConsLack of options in app version. Bugs in app.
Recommendations to other buyersGet paypal. Well designed mobile app as portal for clients. Sync with tracking apps.
April 8, 2017
Gary M.
Personal Trainer / Owner
March 28, 2016

“Great concept and includes a lot of very useful feature all in one place. ”

OverallI love the feature of this software and makes my life so much easier having everything in one place, especially the session and package tracking. The app is a great idea, however is pretty clumsy compared to the online site. Having access to the software via an app on my phone or tablet is super convenient though and I'm sure there are plans to further improve it in the future. The main issues I have found with the app so far are: When booking a session you cannot set the minutes of the time slot as it bounces back to 0 and you have to tap on the + or - making it very slow trying to book a slot. It would be handy to have the 'use package' check box as you do online when booking a session. Being able to reconcile sessions via the app would also save time as I could do it straight after a session or before going home rather than once a week on my laptop. Money seems to be displayed in a very strange format, I'm pretty sure it's just an error in the code but rather than a £ sign it appears as '£' and then the amount. Also in client summary it would be easier to display how many sessions they have remaining in their current package. It is pretty obvious with a new client but with an older client who has booked recurring slots it is almost impossible to workout where they are from 'total sessions complete' and 'upcoming sessions' Those points aside it is still by far the best purchase I have made for organising all of my client records and keeping up to date with payments. It really has made a massive difference to my business and I would recommend it to ant fitness professional or business. Thank you.

By PTminder on March 28, 2016
Thanks Gary! We'll address those comments regarding the mobile apps ASAP =)
March 28, 2016
Andre L.
Kinesiologist / Gym Owner
April 7, 2017

“Best PT Scheduling Software ”

OverallCustomer service, customer service, customer service!!! They excel in giving you the best user experience and service if you have ANY issues with their software. Their super friendly staff responds almost immediately when you have questions and my experience has only been positive with them. They are constantly updating their system and going according to user feedback, so if there is a feature you would like implemented, please ask them as they may try to implement it depending on the demand (they actually listen to you)! I seen this happen firsthand. It did not take me very long to understand how their system worked, you get these cool and simple financial graphs to let you know how much you are bringing in, staff and client scheduling is very intuitive, you can integrate online payments with their software, which is awesome (you get you very own online store through them), they have a phone app that syncs everything when you are on the go and the list of features goes on and on! I tried many software when I was shopping around and I immediately wanted this within 15 min of trying it. Just try it, you have nothing to lose and their amazing staff will have your back!
ProsEverything
ConsMaybe the pricing to add additional trainers/staff, but the customer service you receive and the quality of the software makes it worth it.
greg b.
Owner / Trainer
Self-employed
May 12, 2017

“Easy to use, great customer support, professional ”

OverallEasy to use. Great support.
ProsThis software is pretty easy to use. I use it daily for my schedule. The mobile version works well in conjunction with the PC version. Keeps great track of financials great for the business aspect.
ConsThe workout portion for clients seems to be in the beginning stages. I would love to be able to use this APP by itself to schedule workouts and handle the business end however compared to another workout app I am using right now for client workouts it would not be the time to change over.
May 12, 2017
Sarah S.
Small Group Trainer
April 6, 2017

“PTminder is perfect for my business!”

OverallI have used PTminder for the last 18months and cannot fault it! So handy for the everyday running of my business - bookkeeping, tracking clients, clients booking classes and loads more. If I have need help they are very quick at responding and they are always updating the software to help us further!
ProsEase of use and having all my data in one spot!
ConsIt can take a while to load sometimes and it freezes with clients after entering data and therefore you have to do it again.
Recommendations to other buyersCould be a few more features to help with online training of clients.

By PTminder on April 7, 2017
Awesome to hear Sarah! Thank you for your feedback :)
Mehran E.
Business Director/Owner
Sports, Self-employed
July 25, 2017

“The first software I've used and will be last. ”

ProsVery convenient not only for business but general daily calendar. It improves constantly. Also Callum the director is very responsive to emails and questions. Normally in 2-3 hours which is great.
ConsGiving more authority to clients maybe specially nutrition. Adding online featuring to apps on devices
July 25, 2017
April 17, 2019

“PT Minder”

OverallOverall I am very satisfied! Love that it keeps track of everything especially the financial end of it! Having everything organized makes my life easier so I can concentrate on my clients and their training!
ProsIt's extremely easy to use and affordable!
ConsNot much. Once in awhile a glitch. Other than that it's perfect!
April 17, 2019
Program Development, 51-200 employees
February 12, 2019

“Intuitive User Experience - Efficient Software”

ProsMy personal trainer uses this software to schedule training appointments. It is by far the easiest such software I've used. I love that there is a simple app I can use on my phone, so whenever I think of it, I can schedule a session. The program has everything I need and nothing I don't -- I appreciate its efficiency.
ConsThe only complaint I have about this software is that its interface isn't very visually appealing. It's a bit clunky and outdated looking. I would stress that this complaint is very minor, and has not impacted my user experience.
February 12, 2019
David O.
Owner and Head Coach
August 9, 2017

“The Affordable Software for PT's is HERE!”

OverallMaking my life a lot more simple and time efficient
ProsAs business owners we are often looking for easier ways to manage things but at the same time we want to watch our wallets. I've explored a couple of similar software systems but for value of money and resources I stuck with PTminder. I like the support crew who are there 24/7 for you. I like that it takes care of payments and bookings I like the App I like the ease of use
ConsAs always there is a tough side and for me it was in transitioning from ezidebit to PTminder and making sure everything was set-up ready to go. I asked a lot of questions from the support crew and they helped a lot. I would like more features on the app that are found on the PC version I would like the store to be more in-depth (and I have asked them of this) I would love a notification that could be set for the end of the day to remind me to reconcile my sessions/classes. That's about it for me.

By PTminder on August 9, 2017
Thanks David! :)
August 9, 2017
Cheryl D.
Personal Trainer/self employed
January 5, 2017

“PT Minder Review”

OverallI love this user-friendly software! Having my own studio and being able to accurately and easily keep not only my calendar and payments in perfect order but it also helps during tax time! Love this company!!!
ProsHow easy it is to use!
ConsMinor thing is couple of glitches in the system.
Recommendations to other buyersNot at the moment!

By PTminder on January 15, 2017
Thanks Cheryl! Glad to hear you're loving the product :)
January 5, 2017
Gail B.
December 4, 2018

“Personal Training Management made easy.”

OverallAccountability is necessary for any business. Ptminder's solves this with easy to setup customer financial information that keeps records on due dates and other important information keeping your business healthy.
ProsIt is a great software program that manages your schedule and financial books. It's easy to set up and record keeping will make tax season a breeze. The calendar feature allows you to book, charge and even change appointments.
ConsI wish the workout program was a little easier to set up. It took too much time to locate exercises or video, upload and then add variables.
December 4, 2018
Raymond S.
Sports, Self-employed
September 21, 2018

“The lifeblood of a personal trainer!”

OverallI went from having to use several different apps and tools to keep my personal training business in order. But all that changed when I started using PTMinder. I can't recommend it enough!
ProsIt's an all-in-one stop shop for personal trainers. It's easy to use. Helps me schedule my appointments and keep my finances in check. It's made my life and business so much easier.
ConsThere's not much not to like. A few hiccups here and there. Have to reset the app. But it works fine after. I have heard that they will be incorporating Quickbooks and I'm really looking forward to that.
September 21, 2018
Mario Z.
Virtual Coach
Sports, 1-10 employees

“Such a great tool! ”

OverallLove using the software, as it make planning workouts and diets for all my clients and myself. The team behind the software product did a great job and take every feedback to customize all the features as best possible! I'm a big Ptminder fan.
ConsWorkout discrimination can't be added, when creating a customised workout routine. Diet plan doesn't low a basic information about the diet itself, so I got to add such general information under a specific meal note. Most my clients are online clients, so there should be a way to have options in the schedule to choose specifically online appointments (check-in) as location and notes like Skype, WhatsApp, etc., and timezone. Many workouts with exercise band showing wrong a YouTube and discrimination - It's mainly barbell exercises by adding a band - I would like see more home toning/slimming exercises. It costs much time to create customised home routines.
Recommendations to other buyersThanks, I recommend this software, even though I just started using it.
Dina N.
Pt
April 25, 2019

“User friendly ”

OverallVery happy with my Pt Minder and use it everyday
ProsLayout is a nice design. Easy to use, client friendly
ConsIf you wanna add extra trainers the software becomes to expensive compared to other competitions
April 25, 2019
mike p.
personal Trainer
January 20, 2018

“All you need for client profiles”

ProsThe Calendar is easy to use and book clients in or block out certain times or days, you can add unlimited clients and separate them into active live and previous, set up membership payments and direct debits, create training and nutrition plans and send or print them.
ConsUnable to sync calendar with iPhone newer than iPhone 5, guide to sync calendar is outdated and needs updating. Not clear on what payments are direct debit and what are one off payments I.e membership is recurring and payments are one off.
January 20, 2018
Nobel L.
Personal Trainer & BJJ Coach
April 5, 2018

“Helpful for the day to day management of my business”

ProsAll of the features are very useful for the nature of my business. The general reports are very helpful in allow me to monitor as aspects of my business.
ConsThe minimum term for membership is 1 week. It would be good if there was an option for 1 day because I have walk-in rates for members which I have to set up with a 1 week expiry date. Which means that after they complete the walk-in, their membership will still be on the system for the next 6 days. I use the software as the check in point for members when they come into classes as well. In order to check how many classes they have left on the membership it requires some time to go into the system to find the relevant information. eg. Click - client management > select member > Package/membership/prod > view schedule. If this process could be shorten it would be more helpful for front line staff.
April 5, 2018
Tyler D.
Certified Personal Trainer

“PTminder review ”

OverallWhen I was searching for a personal training software, I was having trouble finding something that filled all of my needs. PTminder included everything that I needed to be successful and to save me time with my personal training business. It takes care of payments, scheduling, and almost anything that a trainer would need to run their business successfully and efficiently. I highly recommend this software!
ProsEasy to use. Includes everything that you need. Scheduling, payments, client info, etc.
ConsThe mobile app could use some updating

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
Thanks Tyler! Expect some great improvements on the mobile apps this year :)
Amanda S.
Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Business Owner

“Worth every penny! ”

OverallPT minder has been my software of choice for my personal training business. It's afffordable, easy to use, and I prefer it over MindBodyOnline. Thanks for a great software!
ProsUser-friendly, affordable, lots of helpful features to track client progress and more
ConsI think the mobile app could use some work. It's very basic and glitches a lot.

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
Thanks for the review Amanda! Mobile apps are getting an upgrade soon :)
Stuart F.
PT
January 8, 2018

“Does exactly what I need it to do - easy to get to grips with, no unnecessary fluff. ”

ProsIt is not cluttered with functions that just are not relevant to what I need it to do. Very quick to use, simple to pick up and saves me time.
ConsThe workout creator seems to be very focused on a bodybuilding/commercial gym type workout - custom exercises seem to want you to label it with the associated body part but there is no compound; or total body; option that I can see. If you want a list of sets and reps you can do on machines it probably does the job however.
January 8, 2018
Laura M.
April 6, 2017

“Helping to simplify and organise my business life”

OverallI have been using PT Minder for a few months now and it has been invaluable in helping me to stay on top of my sessions, calendar and income. It's easy to add sessions on the spot and captures all the information you need for invoicing and tracking your business progress. I wasn't great at keeping on top of session numbers and income so this helps me to always know what's happening and present my business in a professional way. The app is so handy and I haven't even taken advantage of all the features yet such as session notes and planning. It's changed the way I run my business and has decreased my stress levels a lot, leaving me time to work on other areas.
ProsThe reconciliation and management of payment history.
ConsDirect debit option to use Stripe, when I tried it was a bit confusing and didn't accept a MasterCard so I gave up.

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
So great to hear Laura! Thanks for the review. Customer service will be in touch with you shortly to see if they can help get you setup with the direct debiting side of things :)
Travis R.
Owner / Head Coach
April 6, 2017

“One of the best systems I've used!”

OverallPT Minder allows me to run my PT business smoothly and efficiently! This system is simple, clean and makes my job as a business owner much easier!
ProsEasy to use, simple and cheap

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
Cheers Travis! Thanks for your comments :)
Jose M.
Social Media Director
May 16, 2018

“Great scheduling app that lets you focus on building your client base rather than managing it!”

OverallReally helps me manage my day to day activites
ProsI always used a combination of different Microsoft programs and calendars to organize my clients and schedule. This would involve a lot of time each day and PTminder has taken all the stress away. Now I can keep all my clients and keep track of their progress in one place.
ConsI like pretty much everything but if there is one thing I dont like it's the percentage that Stripe takes from transactions.
May 16, 2018
Paul W.
February 11, 2019

“Perfect for a Small Business”

OverallIt is perfect for a small business. Makes it a whole lot easier for the client's in terms of booking and paying. Equally it is simpler for the trainers to track their schedule. It would no doubt be the case that it would serve a larger outfit well, but can't really speak for them.
ProsIt's easy to use but has plenty of features. The service in terms of customer support is good and the responses are prompt.
ConsNot found many downsides at this moment in time.
February 11, 2019
Greg M.
February 5, 2018

“Great experience so far. Customer service was awesome helping me get set up. ”

ProsI like all the features. The scheduling tool is great, it's so easy to enter transactions and reconcile your sessions throughout the day. This used to be a real process for me. I also really like the receipt feature and the appointment reminder feature. My clients always comment on how professional everything is. This level of professionalism give me even more confidence to keep my rates up!
February 5, 2018
Danielle L.
Personal trainer
January 23, 2018

“User friendly, good price for value, and superb customer support. Essential for my pt business!”

OverallKeeps all my admin work organized and in one place. Saves time and is great for clients as well.
ProsThe calendar connects to my Google calendar, can create and assign workouts for clients, has updated app with most of the web features, always reliable and fast customer support.
ConsIt's pretty much perfect for my needs. There's a couple things that would be nice to have, like having a place where the client can track their nutrition log and the workout planner could be better. When you create a circuit of exercises you can't just change one of the exercises. You have to delete the whole circuit and rewrite it all over. This definitely adds to my time. But I've left this feedback to their Development Team and they seem to always be improving things. It's a minor thing, but can be frustrating.
January 23, 2018
Christopher L.
April 17, 2017

“PTminder has taken the stress out of client booking!”

OverallI used PTminder from the very start of my PT career to make sure that I didn't have to stress myself out using a paper diary with manual bookings. PTminder does everything from me. I love that everything is all in one place and it always works. The best part is that clients payments are automated which makes life so much more efficient. I couldn't recommend PTminder any more and I'd suggest it to every PT in the business.
ProsAutomatic payments!
ConsThe design and appearance could be a little bit more attractive - looks a bit basic.
April 17, 2017
phillip k.
fitness instructor
April 6, 2017

“Really great program i love it.”

OverallPT Minder is a really great program. only thing missing is the clients ability to see there assessment chart as a lot of my clients would love to share their progress with their spouse's.
Proskeeping everything in one place.
Consmy clients not being able to review their progress from their phone.

By PTminder on April 6, 2017
Thanks for the review Phillip! Clients are already able to view & download their assessment charts when they login to the MyWebsite client area, however yes it's not yet viewable through the Mobile Apps. We're working on it though :)
Jason S.
Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach
April 30, 2018

“Great quality. Has most of the controls I want minus a few functions.”

OverallSession tracking was the most important thing I needed and this fulfilled that role perfectly.
ProsThe Session reporting and membership functions. I enjoy having the clients sessions to be tracked to specific dates. I also enjoy the ability to send notifications to the client about their upcoming sessions.
ConsLack of ability to split payments on memberships to a specific date. Currently cannot have the payment split to a specific date and instead rolls by a week/month pattern from the date selected instead of the number. Also there should be the ability to have clients have calendars specific to there off day workouts. The ability for my clients to then check in that they did the work on their off days would help a lot.
April 30, 2018