Little Hotelier Ratings

Overall

About Little Hotelier

All-in-one property management solution for bed and breakfasts, guesthouses and small hotels. Attract and manage your guests with minimal effort. Little Hotelier gives your property maximum exposure online to over 400 of the world's leading booking channels, seamless direct booking technology and a mobile-friendly front desk with integrated payments. Learn more about Little Hotelier

KL R.
July 8, 2018

“Love the team and staff but functionality is a real issue”

ProsIts easy to use and navigate and customer service is excellent, I like the team and the management and that they are based in Australia.
ConsI am sorry to leave negative feedback as customer service is excellent but I have tried to contact directly 4 times (twice of those in writing) to prompt your software development team to fix some really basic functionality issues: 1. Automated Guest Letters - This is a basic function available in any hotel management system but Little Hotellier is the most limited I have seen. - There are no "fields" that you can import from the booking itself. For example, if you want to set up an automated "guest arrival letter", you cannot import guest name, check in date or check out date, or check in time. What is the point of this letter if it needs to be so generic that it cannot confirm with a guest their name, date of arrival or anything specific about their booking? I am honestly so surprised by this as the other systems we use are much more advanced than this. This means I must leave a note in my diary to send a personalised letter to each guest on their day of check in confirming their booking details. - The automated letters do not leave a note with the reservation itself. Again any other system I have used, you can click on the reservation and see the correspondance they have received from us. Its impossible to know if they received any letters or not. - No option for custom letters. If this is not sorted out soon I will have no option but to change systems as we are getting busier and its making our procedures so clunky and inefficient.
July 8, 2018
sandra s.
August 12, 2017

“Tech help is not available on weekends? I haven't been able to log in for a few weeks. That's bad!”

OverallThe only reason I wouldn't recco it now is because of the lack of tech support on the weekends. There's no excuse for the NO HELP on weekends. That's when we are the busiest and it's frustrating being hung out to dry with no help. What do you mean...your answering service says we are closed for the weekend....that's horrible to do to your customers who count on you to keep their balls in the air...I need to charge cards and get information and check for availability...Right now I can't stand this program.
ProsI'm not saying anything above the software. I've read other peoples' comments and I am agreeing with them that it could be better. For me having 4 rooms and a private suite of 2 rooms...which means 5 total...and being the first online reservation program that I've ever used I was pleased...but no help on weekends? What's that about. That's nonsense. We in the wine country mostly have weekend visitors and that's when I might have a problem. I cannot sign in. I type in the name...then the password and enter and it acts like it's going to load and then reverts back to sign in again...I need to use my computer for this because the app doesn't provide the same capabilities. Changes cannot be made using the phone app. It's too small on my phone. It doesn't print out the same either. I can't get the cc# using the phone app. Can you? If anybody can provide help please let me know because I'm getting mad!
ConsI haven't been able to access the program from my computer for three or so weeks. They've taken away the person who used to manage my account and she was a Gem. Return call right after her morning meetings...never let me hang. Even called me one time on a weekend. I thought can you imagine that....but not even a tech available on a weekend..my gosh...I can't use a program without assistance when I need it...could me once in a year but when you need help with running your business that is when you need it. Frustrated here in Plymouth, CA.

By Little Hotelier on August 13, 2017
Hi Sandra, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We value all feedback from our customers and your feedback has been passed directly onto management. Weekend support is something we are working towards internally. Our support team will have more details and dates on when this will be available in the near future so we will keep you updated. Also, we have contacted your support team and they will be in touch to sort out the problem of you not being able to log into your account as soon as possible. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your review. The team @ Little Hotelier
August 12, 2017
stefano b.
October 4, 2015

“VERY NICE BUT WITH INCREDIBLE HOLES”

OverallI am sorry, the team is really supportive. and I am sorry to send in this negative review. I like the overall tone of the app. the calendar part and the synking. but there are some INCREDIBLE FAULTS in the RESERVATION LIST page I tried so many times to send out the message that the PAYMENTS PART needs some URGENT and I believe essential adjustments. I wasted time training, and setting up. and now I find out that it is totally hidden in THE RESERVATION LIST who paid and who paid what. in the reservation list there is only the TOTAL AMONT DUE SHOWING, AND THE COLUMNS of the DEPOSIT AND THE BALANCE are hidden. this results in continuos risky, time consuming work inside the CALENDAR TIMELINE opening and closing all the bookings to find out who payd and who hasn't, who was processed in their credit cards and who sent in their bank transfers. Where I work (boutique hotel in Brazil) there are no automatic processings of credit cards. so unless you have this feature you should not use this app. and the team of littlehotelier should not advise to use their app from the beginning I believe if you do not have API services. which is what I really advise to do in Littlehotelier future because it was quite clarly stated to me that to adjust this function is not in their programs. which is quite amazing, in a negative way. everything is set up to offer clarity of administrative vision. but for some reason they do not want to open up the columns of the deposit and the final payments. after many messages the best reply I received was that Littlehoteliers are waiting for international similar requests. I had the feeling that they were playing around with their start up forgetting that their clients' time is their focus.

By Little Hotelier on January 26, 2016
Hi Stefano, Thank you for taking the time to review us - we appreciate your feedback and are really sorry to hear you are were not 100% happy. Our customers' success is our sole focus. We spend time helping our customers utilise the system to it's full advantage, and try take on all of the admin work to set you up so that you see the benefits immediately, without disrupting your tight schedule. We know how busy our customers are. With that in mind, we are really happy that you have decided to continue to partner with us and hope all is going well at Soleluna Casa Pousada. We have taken your feedback on board and you will be pleased to know that we are releasing some great calendar improvements next week. This includes the booking summary which is now even better than before. Thank you again for your time in reviewing us! We are a quick call away should you need any help. Best, The Little Hotelier
October 4, 2015
Dan & Joanie P.
Managers
August 2, 2016

“Little Hotelier could not have arrived at a better time.”

OverallAfter spending one month with front office manager we added OTAs. Two days before our second month ended I had to get surgery on my foot. I am now in the 5th week of having to spend 7 weeks with my foot elevated 23 1/2 hours a day. Because of little hotelier I have been able to run the office and manage the OTAs from my bed and the couch. July is traditionally one of our 3 slowest months. Despite my Recuperation restrictions we closed July with 87.6 % occupancy. How many times do you get to lay in bed for a month and earn a bonus.
ProsI like to be able to view the calendar wherever I am, in order to check availability . My wife and I also give it a quick look in the morning and plan for the day. Second I love the reports key. I can check income, statistics and break them down in so many ways in seconds. It is great to be able to rattle off numbers to my boss at the drop of a hat. Third I have been very successful filling up rooms by running last minute specials on the OTAs. It only takes a few seconds to advertise world wide . I can also cancel them just as fast.
ConsI would like to be able to remove any reservation or payment in cause of last minute change. Once you check someone in you can't reverse it. I would like to have a master code to check credit card information instead of having to go to my e-mail for a new code each time. One other very small item that is just a pet peeve but I wish it would auto format the phone numbers.
Recommendations to other buyersI am a person who learns by doing not reading. Just jump in and use it. don't be afraid to call if you have a question I have dealt with 4 customer service reps and they where all great and always follow up. I would also get an extra no vacancy sign, we have already worn one out.

By Little Hotelier on August 9, 2016
Hi Dan & Joanie, Thank you kindly for taking the time to review us, we appreciate it. We are so glad to hear how happy you are with Little Hotelier. We have taken on board your feedback and will look to implement these features in the near future to make the operation of your property easier for you. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team
Justin R.
January 26, 2016

“Great System and Support”

OverallWe recently transitioned our property to this software and we are pleased with the software. As with any system, there are little things that could be adjusted or added that would make this a 5 star system, but at this time they are not implemented or available. Housekeeping report is very basic. Adjusting the rates is very easy and pushes out to all connected channels correctly. Guest emails and communication is good but could be better and more customization would be an added benefit. Adjusting inventory is a great feature as well and you can control what the OTA's get and stop sells and other features as well. Monthly sales and tax reporting is very basic and needs some added calculations for different tax rates so no manual calculation would be necessary. Color coding could be better to help show room status and payment status is done with a flag, but color coding is easier to read. As one review stated earlier, the reporting is very slim and lacking and mine does not work correctly, but I can get the numbers from other parts of the reporting or do a manual calculation and get the number I am looking for but its most likely a little bug that would be easy to fix. Overall, we are very pleased with this software and the integration with OTA channels and our website works like a charm. The only other complaint I would have would be the integration with the payment processor. We are doing this manually and it is working fine but integration with the software would be extremely great and save errors when reconciling. They say they are working on getting relationships for this service, so we will wait and see how that goes. I would recommend this company to new and future companies who want to integrate and move to a computer system for smaller properties.

By Little Hotelier on January 26, 2016
Hi Justin, Thank you for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate your feedback! We have taken your comments on board and you will be pleased to know that we are working on an integrated payment solution that will be available very soon. You'll be able to process payments in a click! Our product team is working hard to continuously improve and evolve our solution and our product roadmap details some very exciting features. This includes more comprehensive reporting, guest profiles, apps and so much more. The first release of these improvements is Monday. (!) We want to take the time to thank you for partnering with us and look forward to helping in your success this year. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of help! Thanks, The Little Hotelier Team
January 26, 2016
Dirk H.

“Ideal PMS”

OverallI started with Siteminder in 2008 and watched it develop over the years. Then it morphed into the PMS Littlehotelier which enabled me to go totally paperless and manage everything easily even from my mobile phone when I am away from the office.
ProsIt works, meaning it does a lot of work for you, saving you time and effort
ConsRelatively expensive. The inventory page is slow to load.

By Little Hotelier on September 15, 2019
Hi Dirk, Firstly, we want to thank you for being such a loyal customer and member of the Little Hotelier community! It's excellent that you've gotten such great results using our products. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Have a wonderful rest of your week ahead :) Thanks, Misha
David G.
September 25, 2019

“Makes managing an accommodation straight forward ”

OverallWe run a small accommodation. Little Hotelier is the third channel manager we have used and have been with them for many years now. If l have any problems that l cannot fix they are always their to talk too on the phone in order to solve any problems.
ProsLittle Hotelier recently upgraded their software. It has helped make it very user friendly and easy to navigate. Site is set up in a logical way so that drop down boxes are clearly explained and navigated. When we get a booking we immediately get an email with detailed and clear information on the guests. Very easy for people to use who are not that confident with using websites. Other channel managers l have used in the past were extremely complicated and way to many dropdown boxes which made to very confusing.
ConsI find when l first go into the site their are way to many steps until you finally get in. Needs to have some kind of shortcut.

By Little Hotelier on September 30, 2019
Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us :) Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha
September 25, 2019
Jen d.
February 28, 2018

“Little Hotelier makes our small business more professional and cuts down administration time ”

ProsIt was easy to set up and is easy to use (for a non-technical person!) and it streamlines our booking process. It allowed me to set up an 'enquire only' on the booking engine so I can vet my guests and gave me the ability to use a pricing calculator for booking enquiries and the use of a compliant credit card system. It was good to link it to my Facebook page. It is very handy to have it on my mobile to use whenever and wherever I like.
ConsMy only problem is that it's not a channel manager and the calendar doesn't link to Air BnB and Stayz - I have to change the calendars individually for every booking. That's because I don't take direct online bookings and need to vet guests first, but it would be good to link the calendar bookings to i-Cal.

By Little Hotelier on March 5, 2018
Hi Jen, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. It's great to hear that you had a good experience setting up the system and are enjoying the convenience of our app. You'll be excited to hear that it was recently announced that Airbnb has chosen Little Hotelier to be the first channel manager with a real-time, two way connection. This will eliminate the need for an iCal connection as you can connect to Airbnb as a channel and your inventory will be automatically updated as a booking is made on Airbnb. Your hotel will be able to apply to connect to Airbnb over the coming weeks when our connection live. Keep an eye out for the link on our website or communication via email. Let me know if you require any more information. Thanks, Kaitlyn @ SiteMinder
February 28, 2018
stephanie h.
September 9, 2019

“Esay to use”

Overallvery good but do not like the contact by telephone. have had no luck speaking to anyone after holding for a long time the call goes to a message box each time!! please improve your telephone conatct although email support is pretty efficient
ProsEase of use - not too complicated. Front desk visuals easy to comprehend at a glance. App for mobile so easy to use when offsite. Good invoicing system
ConsLog in sometimes tricky especially if need to change password.

By Little Hotelier on September 13, 2019
Hi Stephanie, We really appreciate you taking the time to share with us about your experience with Little Hotelier! Thank you for your insightful feedback and we certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. We are actively ramping up our support team so that we can better serve our customers needs. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha
September 9, 2019
chris e.
July 23, 2016

“lacks reporting and statistical reporting”

Overallgood for maintaining reservations but quite basic in its design. from a functional point of view does not allow for traces to be set for specific days for reminders, cannot set overbooking levels and cannot provide details by room type, business on the books etc. If you make one reservation for 2 rooms it cannot let you know later what the Average rate per room was as it combines the details. The reporting side is very weak and you cannot get all the details exported to excel to mange the data yourself. Good for the basics but don't expect much more. Call center good and responsive but as system is lacking capability most questions go to the development team so no idea when basic features will actually be added
Proseasy to use good interface to OTA
Conslack of reporting no tracing features for reminders not good statistical cannot get data dump to excel to compensate for lack of reports
Recommendations to other buyersif you only want to manage reservations it is good, if you want it to mange all your day to day, not great

By Little Hotelier on July 27, 2016
Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing your experience with Little Hotelier. We¿re glad to hear that you enjoy the interface, easy connectivity, and customer service. We appreciate your valuable feedback on the functionality within the system and can assure you that enhanced reporting is on our roadmap. We¿re always looking to improve Little Hotelier to make sure the features are as powerful as they are simple to use, so please contact us at info@littlehotelier.com with any additional feedback. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team
July 23, 2016
Mandy C.

“Daily user”

ProsEasy to set to and use. Easy fir a new user to follow and provided all the relevant information when making a booking.
ConsSlow to respond after an update of software. no alerts are sent when there is a problem that can potentially affect a number users. Therefore you don't know if its your problem or a overall problem

By Little Hotelier on September 25, 2019
Hi Mandy, First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. We have some exciting changes coming that will alleviate the issues you mentioned. We hope these changes will make life a little easier for all of our customers. Thanks again for trusting us to be your partner. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with :) All the best, Misha
James S.

“Little Hotelier”

OverallA friend who had been in the hotel industry for many years recommended that we incorporate this software to help manage our online reservations. It was one of the best decisions we have made. The support team from Little Hotelier has been fantastic. They know their product and are always patient when providing over the phone support.
ProsIt is relatively straight forward to use and is incredibly useful for running our business.
ConsWe have not been able to fault anything about this software.

By Little Hotelier on September 13, 2019
Hi James, We want to say thank you for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile :) Thanks, Misha
Humberto A.
eCommerce
August 23, 2019

“the solution my property needed”

OverallHelps on a daily basis to update and keep track of the rooms I have booked on my property without the need to invest in expensive software that gets outdated easily.
ProsEasy of use, almost no training needed. Perfecto customer support. Always up to date with new settings for the users.
ConsThere is nothing negative about it. It was the perfect solution for the property i manage, helped on the daily processes.

By Little Hotelier on August 30, 2019
Hi Alfonso, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. Thanks, Misha
August 23, 2019
Zanneta B.
Head of hotel distribution
May 15, 2018

“The best design I have ever seen”

ProsEven I am not with Little Hotelier anymore I still remember great and bright design of PMS they have. Very user friendly. Understandable, intuitive.
ConsThe only problem of Little Hotelier (beed with them 3 years) has been timing answering support tickets.

By Little Hotelier on May 22, 2018
Hi Zanneta, Thank you for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. Our system has been purposely designed to be easily understood by all users so we're pleased to hear that you find our system intuitive and user-friendly. We're constantly working to improve the service and support we offer our customers and ensure that all support queries are answered in a timely and efficient manner. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with a member of the team. Thanks, Kaitlyn @ Little Hotelier
May 15, 2018
Robert W.
Owner/Manager
Hospitality, Self-employed

“Little Hotelier”

OverallOverall the experience with Little Hotelier is excellent.
ProsWe can turn the computer on and login and check future bookings without having to refer to hard copies when you have a direct inquiry.
ConsHaving to change the password every 3 months. Having to hold on when you call the call centre in a que.

By Little Hotelier on September 25, 2019
Hi Robert, Thank you for your wonderful review and taking the time to share your opinion with us. We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. All the best, Misha
Murray G.

“Fantastic Software”

ProsLittle Hotelier makes my life so much easier managing different OTA channels and is so easy to use and navigate. I would highly recommend to any small to medium sized B&B or Hotel.
ConsThe end of financial year reports for forward bookings is not great

By Little Hotelier on September 25, 2019
Hi Murry, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us! We are extremely grateful for all of our customer feedback. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. All the best, Misha
Tracey S.
September 15, 2016

“Poor invoicing workflow with account customers”

OverallWe moved from Reservation Master Pro which had poor support, security issues and was not cloud based. Every system has its challenges however. We have less errors with LH however invoicing workflow to account customers is very time consuming and takes more time than the previous software. They are not very responsive to queries and you get the corporate runaround.
Pros*Cloud based *Siteminder linkage *Security features *Credit card verification
ConsVisuals are clunky *Generates unprofessional invoices to customers and cannot automatically produce a PDF invoice which most corporate customers require. *Very basic reporting making reconciliations difficult. *Tax invoice numbers on bookings do not match actual invoices *No integration to Xero
Recommendations to other buyersSupport takes a long time to respond and they can never tell you when major issues such as invoicing will be addressed.

By Little Hotelier on September 15, 2016
Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have passed your feedback on to the product team and they are currently evaluating the most effective solution for these features. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team
September 15, 2016
John P.

“Simple to use”

OverallWe have been pleased with upgrades that have been done to the system.
ProsI like the simple layout easy to understand
ConsDifficulty finding some past guest's details

By Little Hotelier on September 23, 2019
Hi John, Thank you for your positive feedback :) We are so pleased to hear about the great results you are getting. We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible experience. As such, we regularly release products and have a dedicated support team. Let us know if there is anything we can do to further assist you get the most out of your products. Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. All the best, Misha
Tracey R.
Owner and Manager
July 25, 2017

“We have been using this software for over 18 months now. A few thoughts...”

ProsSet up and ease of use. Linkage to Siteminder Cloud based which you can access form multiple devices. Can think of anything else to recommend here?
ConsPoor financial and room performance reporting. Invoicing workflow abysmal - --Unable to search under an invoice number which makes reconciliation very time intensive. --PDF invoice generation is not automatic when sending an invoice --Cannot run a debtors report --Invoices are HTML embedded into email, do no print correctly Visual cues are poor compared to similar products e.g. outstanding payments, occupancy at a glance. Customer support is slow and they don't respond to the basic issues with any timeline for implementation of fixes. No communication when software changes are made
July 25, 2017
Conrad M.
Grand IT Mufti
April 10, 2017

“Try Cloudbeds!”

OverallAs with most software companies, someone is trying to sell you the product. I was told that you can use the 'unallocated' feature as a waitlist. Now after a year I find out I can't, all this time, the 'unallocated' feature was pulling rooms from inventory which could then not be booked online. I reported the issue twice and this morning I finally got a call and the technician confirmed my fears. I've been losing revenue for the last year...GREAT! they are based in Australia, apparently they don't use 'waitlists' there? Heck when I started they didn't even have Discover as a credit card option! That they fixed. There is no list of upgrades, new features etc. The product appears stagnant, aside from the option to use Stripe and pay an additional 1% to Siteminder. Cloudbeds has a list of bug fixes and upgrades which they share with the customer, apparently they appreciate customers. Oh, and no audit trails, so if someone deletes a guest booking, you have no idea who did it. So if you have more than one employee, it becomes a game of finger pointing. Pros: Short learning curve, simple interface Cons: Too many to list
ProsEase of use, short learning curve.
ConsMost everything else. No wait list. No audit trails. No customization. No custom reports (ie can't use all fields in a report. Can only view 2 weeks at a time on the booking screen. The list goes on.
Recommendations to other buyersOnly useful if you're really small and have 2 or less users. We have 6 rooms and it's not very useful. Again the major issue is a complete lack of customer focus, at least US customers.

By Little Hotelier on April 11, 2017
Hi Conrad, We¿re sorry to hear your feedback as it¿s not our typical customer experience. We¿ve escalated your comments to our product team who will look into this further and ensure we can learn and make improvements where necessary. Our customer success team will reach out to you to talk to you about your feedback. Thanks, Clare @ Little Hotelier
April 10, 2017
April 7, 2018

“Modern software”

Overalltracking my holiday rental business
ProsLittle Hotelier is a good software for small hotels and self-catering properties. Great channel manager with a big number of booking sites/agents.
ConsLittle Hotelier is not providing booking calendar widgets codes for private websites made in Word Press.

By Little Hotelier on April 10, 2018
Hi there, Thank you for reviewing Little Hotelier. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience using Little Hotelier for your holiday rental business. If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team. Thanks, The team @ Little Hotelier
April 7, 2018
Kayla B.
Cabin Director
November 1, 2017

“Love Little Hotelier”

OverallI would recommend this software to anyone with Bed and Breakfast, Cabins, or small property with rental spaces. Little Hotelier is easy to use with friendly people working behind it.
ProsCreating a reservation has never been easier. I love that a Confirmation email, Pre-Check In email, and Post-Check Out email are all automatically sent for me. I also enjoy using the app. It is super helpful when I am not on the property but get phone calls. I can easily answer questions just by looking it up. Customer Service is great and is very prompt in responding.
ConsA couple of the features are a little difficult to figure out. If one guest has booked multiple rooms that you initially made under one reservation, you cannot later go back and make a change to just one room or it will change them all. To make adjustments, rooms have to be reserved one at a time to only affect the one room.
November 1, 2017
Jesper N.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2019

“simple but powerful”

Prosit is simple to use but still very powerful! all your needs in one little package!
Consnothing, at has everything you need for your daily work.

By Little Hotelier on August 2, 2019
Hi Jesper, First of all, thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thanks again for being a customer. It means a lot to us. Have a great rest of your week :) Thanks, Misha
July 12, 2019
John S.
July 28, 2016

“Long time happy customer”

OverallWe are a long time Little Hotelier customer and it has been a central part of our business for many years. Little Hotelier helps us manage our room inventory across a number of OTAs without the risk of double-bookings, and the Little Hotelier Booking Engine lets us take direct bookings without any commissions.
ProsEase of use, no risk of double-bookings. We love the new Little Hotelier app too!

By Little Hotelier on July 28, 2016
Hi John, Thank you very much for your review. It is wonderful to hear about the positive impact Little Hotelier has on your business. You are well and truly a part of the Little Hotelier family. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team
July 28, 2016
Barry R.
Owner/Manager
September 23, 2019

“Little Hotelier review”

OverallIt has made managing our motel a lot easier.
ProsEasy to use, available on multiple devices at the same time and so far has never had a glitch.
ConsThe mobile version is a bit clunky and when using on a phone can be quite slow,

By Little Hotelier on September 26, 2019
Hi Barry, Thanks so much for taking time out to review us! We really appreciate your insightful feedback and certainly hope we can keep focusing on improving your experience. It's excellent that you've gotten great results using the product! Thank you again for trusting us to be your partner. It's fabulous customers like you that make what we do so worthwhile. All the best, Misha
September 23, 2019
Ruth A.
September 27, 2019

“Could be better but ok!”

OverallOverall, particularly in the last 6 months, it has been very frustrating using the software, due to being very slow, needing to refresh the page after very small periods of time (ie less than 10 mins). The screen is also not complete, unable to fully view guest details in rooms that are high up the page when you want to have a quick view. However it is an easy system to use ( when functioning properly) and the team do add new features from time to time, which do improve the experience. More is required though to really make it user friendly and suitable for a busy small business.
ProsEasy to learn and use. I like the reports page to be able to track year on year growth.
ConsVery slow, and not as many features as I would like and have had with previous similar software.

By Little Hotelier on September 30, 2019
Hi Ruth, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We really appreciate your comments and we're sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't live up to our usual standards. We have passed this onto our team who will urgently try to reach out to you within the day. In the meantime, if you have a preferred contact email or phone number for us to reach you on, please direct message us and we'll make sure to use this. Kindly let me know if there's anything else I can help you with to give you a great experience with Little Hotelier. We thank you again for trusting us as a customer and look forward to solving your issues. All the best, Misha
September 27, 2019
conrad m.
February 24, 2017

“Good for small properties, but....”

OverallIt's an australian company, so they're not really dedicated to the US market. Just last year you could not enter a Discover card transaction. The biggest plus is ease of use (because there's not many features). It's cloud based which is great for taking reservations from a mobile enabled tablet when you're on the beach....to use a smart phone is hard but not impossible. you have a powerful interface in siteminder, however I found a flaw in their software, brought it to their attention and have heard nothing back, like 'oops' or anything. maybe I'll hear back when they come up with a fix? Sometimes it bogs down, but you'll get no explanation. The PMS lacks basic features like the ability to do a split reservation, so you have to manually create two reservations, and they can't be linked for billing ...pain in the butt. You have very little customization from contact letters, to screen layout. You have to accept their color scheme, you can only see two weeks at a time. You can't run a report to see 'what reservations do I have where no confirmation was sent' etc. The salesperson will feign interest in your issues, but there is no 'upcoming development log' so you know what's coming down the pipeline. They want you to use stripe, at a higher rate than stripe charges. Pros: Ease of use, powerful interface with siteminder, flat rate (no comission for channel manager bookings/setup)Cloud based Cons: lack of PMS features, slow support Competing product we are looking at : Cloudbeds
February 24, 2017
Aidan F.
Business Development Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2018

“A very streamlined process both front of house and back of house.”

ProsLittle Hotelier is a very easy system to use and has 90% of the functionality required to operate an accommodation business.
ConsLittle Hotelier currently does not connect with any EPOS systems which is a shame. It would be great if there are future developments for this integration.
Cameron U.
Director, Guest Services
November 10, 2017

“Good Value”

ProsThis program is easy to use and is pretty intuitive. It can be scaled and modified with ease. Program design is no frills and straight forward.
ConsMaking room blocks is slow and you can't individually check people in within the block. Sometimes the system is slow or gets a little "buggy"
November 10, 2017
Steve L.
Proprietor
August 2, 2016

“Great software system for a small B&B”

OverallI have a small B&B with 5 rooms and have found Little hotelier to be a perfect online booking and channel management system
Prosvery cost effective straightforward to use plenty of functionality without being overly complex

By Little Hotelier on August 2, 2016
Hi Steve, Thank you kindly for your feedback and for choosing Little Hotelier, it is greatly appreciated. Regards, The Little Hotelier Team
June 21, 2018

“Easy to manage”

ProsThis product has been a life changer, it has allowed us to effectively manage our reservations with a smooth process, it has helped in limiting our errors and making sure our data is good data.
ConsIt is more suited to smaller properties, for smaller properties it does the job but for larger properties, it would not be a good option, it could be with some more enhancements and more reporting functions.
June 21, 2018
Ruben t.
March 6, 2017

“Program in development, loads of bugs, no service”

OverallThouh I started out being very happy with the software, it's ease of use and interface, soon more and more bugs popped up. For months it automatically closed our channels as an example. Though the type of room was not sold out yet. This is the last thing you want, because it means you are literally missing out on bookings, revenue! More and more problem like these popped up and, since I am a great fan of start-ups, we were patient. Lately no more replies to our bugs are given, I am still awaiting reply to 2 e-mails of more than 14 days ago. In my opinion this is ridiculous. You can be a just starting up company and experiencing problems, but not talking to your existing customers for weeks as they are haveing trouble using your system is NOT DONE. We're making a switch to another program soon, everyone here knows what an hassle that is. Save yourself the effort and don't start with Little Hotelier.
ProsInterface
ConsService, price

By Little Hotelier on March 16, 2017
Hi Ruben, Thanks for leaving us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with us and appreciate you taking the time to work with us this week to have your queries resolved. We are continuously looking at ways to improve our service and have passed your feedback to our customer success team and senior leaders. Thanks, The team at Little Hotelier
March 6, 2017
Peter P.
April 20, 2018

“Patience gone with Littlehotelier”

ProsI did not find many after this experience. MAy be that is very simple and u learn it fast. Stripe payment gets you to charge directly from the platform ... thats ok.
ConsWaited 2 years until they came out with an easy revenue report that would show you the basic , but .... released , it completely fails to count and even shows you occupancy on days with 0 bookings, as an example. Support never sent a memo that the system is miscalculating. Rather let the hotel to use it and find out if you can... Lost patience and faith in this PMS and when u ask them when are they going to fix it , reply No deadline. So i would wait another 2 years probably. NAh, time to change.
April 20, 2018
Salvi B.
GM
April 27, 2016

“Just a bit more can go along way”

OverallI have been using LH now for about a year and love how simple it is to learn and teach. However, there is no option to have direct website rates truly be the best value if your have OTAs like Booking.com, Expedia, and so on. Thus this makes the OTAs have the best rate. I would love them to fix this, they do make changes based on feedback. A big feature needed is on Housekeeping, and Maintenance Management - this is where LH lacks.

By Little Hotelier on April 27, 2016
Hi Salvi, Thanks for your review! In the interest of rate parity, which is essential when listing with key OTAs, Little Hotelier helps you remain in parity across your channels without a worry about breaching your agreements. That being said, here are great ways to drive more direct bookings: http://www.littlehotelier.com/blog/how-to-own-your-direct-booking-strategy-in-2016/ The extras for example as part of Little Hotelier have helped our customers like you drive more direct revenue for their businesses. Please let us know if you'd like our team to get in touch to take you through some of these ideas? Thanks again for choosing to partner with us! The Little Hotelier Team
April 27, 2016
Jodie O.
January 18, 2018

“The best software for small hotel, or B & B”

OverallThere tech support is great.
ProsVery easy to use, anyone with minimum computer skills can operate this system. It is worth some money.
Cons The technical support department could be opened for longer hours. Running a bed-and-breakfast or a small hotel you have odd hours.
January 18, 2018
Vin K.
August 11, 2017

“Very basic, inflexible and flawed in many ways. A program put together in a kids bedroom”

Overallnone
ConsCan't add different dates to guests stay. Have to select print numerous times before registration doc displays to print. Rate plans cannot be fed from another. reports are inaccurate Diary dates window is too small Could go on and on but the worse about Litte hotelier is the telephone Support. The people that provide support are at best rubbish, arre not knowledgeable and are incapable of resolving the most basic question or problems. Today alone I spent 29min 37 seconds to eventually be informed that 'Computer says No' he then went on to say there is no complaint procedure within the company but my friend can handle your complaint if you want to. I rang back and spoke to a member of their sales team who gave false and misleading information in the advice he provided about the company and its procedures. unsurprisingly I am still waiting for someone to take responsibility for my complaint and issues that I have raised. AVOID THIS COMPANY. in the first month alone they deleted all our hotels' booking and customer credit card information. Never to be found. it took us over 2 weeks to manually add/reinstate lost bookings. AVOID like the plague
August 11, 2017
Ana L.
Co Owner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
February 9, 2019

“Great software”

ProsI worked with this software for a while and it had very good features. It was easy to use and to setup.
ConsIt was very basic for my needs so I had to change
February 9, 2019
Cristina Marcano L.
E-Coach Senior ILC Academy
May 30, 2018

“If you are an entrepreneur in the hotel industry, I recommend Little Hotelier. ”

ProsIdeal for managing lodging reservations of inns and small houses for the reception of guests. It allows the administration of activities and procedures that are inherent to the sales and marketing of the hotel service. It is versatile because the information is stored in the cloud and also easy to use.
ConsIt is not functional for large hotels, but when we are aware of that, it is not something that does not worry, because it represents a great support for those who undertake in the hotel area.

By Little Hotelier on May 31, 2018
Hi Cristina, Thanks for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. We're happy to hear that your experience with our product has been positive. Let us know if we can help you with anything. Thanks, Kaitlyn @ Little Hotelier
Ivan D.
July 16, 2015

“Booking Engine”

OverallLittle Hotelier has an incredibly well designed booking page that allows at a glance availability and pricing. My direct bookings have improved dramatically since I transitioned to this software. Coupled with unlimited channel selection , a hard to beat combination! Support has been efficient, timely and available! Definitely high marks in this category. Inventory restrictions using the bulk update are a breeze, and changes to amenities are simple clicks. Rate programs are also visually intuitive to install and administer. The email campaigns both pre and post stay are a most welcome feature and have aided in guest satisfaction! My only con would be the reporting, but through transparent discussions with the team, it is recognized and I look forward to their upgrading of this package, I have confidence it will be good!

By Little Hotelier on July 16, 2015
Thank you for such a wonderful review and valuable feedback Ivan! Best regards, The Little Hotelier Team
July 16, 2015
Richard W.
January 31, 2016

“Taking on Little Hotelier was the best decision we made for our business.”

OverallLittle Hotelier promised to streamline our booking systems and give us the sort of stats and control a large very expensive accommodation booking program would deliver. All of this with cloud based software which means I can access LH from any computer anywhere in Australia, or indeed the world It combines seamlessly with Siteminder channel manager to integrate our online bookings with our phone bookings to give us a complete picture of our B&B business. This gives us a far better insight into decision making for the future. We look forward to a more user friendly mobile version for owners to use on iPads and mart phones when away from the business, I'm sure this is not far away!

By Little Hotelier on February 3, 2016
Hi Richard, Thank you so much for your review! Not long to wait for a refresh of a beautiful mobile experience - we can't wait to share this with you! Thanks, The Little Hotelier Team
January 31, 2016
Ralph G.
January 12, 2017

“Essential foundation product for smaller hotel - could not function without it”

OverallExcellent support. Responsive team. Cloud based pricing makes it an obvious choice for a smaller operation. Good on basic features. I do want more to provide for hotel/restaurant products that do not involve room nights as the key metric. Smaller hotels sometimes try to sell services that are not always framed in number of room nights. They are listening but I am still hopeful it will come soon.

By Little Hotelier on January 13, 2017
Hi Ralph, Thank you kindly for taking the time to review Little Hotelier. It is great to hear such positive feedback. We welcome as much feedback as possible as we are always trying to improve our products to best suit our customers. We will keep in touch regarding your feature request and look forward to working with you for years to come. Thanks, The Little Hotelier Team
January 12, 2017
Cathy M.
June 1, 2016

“Just Gets Better and Better with Time”

OverallWe have been with Little Hotelier since it first launched, now they have packaged a website into their services. The website is very User-Friendly - even an owner with basic knowledge would be able to update and control their website to their needs. A great improvement would be if Little Hotelier could introduce an App for iPhone and Android - to allow an owner to do bookings and manage their inventory on their mobile phone whilst absent from the office.

By Little Hotelier on June 1, 2016
Hi Cathy, Thanks so much for your review - we really appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience. The App is on it's way actually... We're releasing it later this month! Keep an eye out :) Thanks, The Little Hotelier Team
June 1, 2016
Conrad M.
May 4, 2016

“Works great....in Australia”

OverallSimple and quick cloud system built on Siteminder channel manager. Made for Australian market, has been in US for one year (only), and still no support for Discover cards! Horrible useless reporting module. Guest emails are not editable....you can add some things to the confirmation email, but there are no marketing emails. You cannot edit the format of reservation cards so they print on two pages which is a waste of paper. US based customer service can't do much but relay suggestions to Australia. Only 3 status colors, and no way to flag a guest/customer. Customer service says it's 'front desk software not a PMS'. Then why is it being sold as a PMS???!!! Siteminder as a channel manager is great, so I would look at PMS's that integrate with it.

By Little Hotelier on May 15, 2016
Hi Conrad, Thanks for your review and we're sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with Little Hotelier. We really appreciate your business and want to help you achieve your goals. As you know we are integrating Stripe as part of the Little Hotelier solution and this will give you automations across payments. We hope that we can help resolve this for you from our Dallas office! Thank you for choosing to partner with Little Hotelier. Kind regards, The Little Hotelier Team
May 4, 2016
Nikki W.
September 14, 2017

“Good program for Calendar”

ProsThe calendar updates Use with Expedia and Booking.com. With AirBNB in future. Works with Stipe pay system.
ConsPretty restrictive in not allowing changes in invoice configuration and information from guests. They need to allow more options to add different information
September 14, 2017
Ralph G.
Director Operations
January 29, 2016

“Helped facilitate the professional expansion of our accommodation business ”

OverallGood basic system for accommodation. Even a senior person like myself can learn a bit more than the basics to the point that I want to push the boundaries. Channel manager is helpful too. Unlocks the potential of our accommodation business . The challenge that still remains is for functions and events when not associated with staying overnight.

By Little Hotelier on February 3, 2016
Hi Ralph, Really appreciate you taking the time to review us! Your feedback on events is duly noted and our product team has added this for discussion as part of our roadmap. Thanks again for choosing Little Hotelier! The Little Hotelier Team
Clare W.
Hotelier
July 3, 2019

“Customer profiles and needs are ignored”

OverallPoor
ProsThe software is 'pretty' but it is not functional. The card details storage facility and security code process is unwieldy and time consuming. Moving between the Booking Button and the website is a problem.
ConsThe software cannot allow for one unit of accommodation, that can be booked by one or two couples from the same grouo, without generating a double booking. This requirement was expressed by us and acknowledged by Little Hotelier at the outset. Requests for compensation for loss of business and loss of reputation due to double bookings caused by Little Hotleier were ignored
July 3, 2019
ABUBAKR M.
MANAGER
August 3, 2018

“HORRIBLE.”

ProsNothing.
ConsThe sales staff are bad, they will sell anything to you by talking rubbish and making up fibs.
August 3, 2018
Julie C.
March 23, 2017

“Only a good program if you don't have a problem. Good Luck!”

OverallI liked this program until I started overbooking and couldn't get help! I called tech support who said they would respond in 48 hours. I called back, Fasial said the 48 hours were to make sure there was a problem. When I asked him about the findings he said they had discovered there was a problem. Sound like a monitoring commercial? Although Garrett said I "shouldn't have to pay for these headaches," email wasn't sent to anyone and Zada from billing refused to talk call anyone. I sent 5 emails to Fig trying to get help but he never would respond.

By Little Hotelier on April 11, 2017
Hi Julie, We¿re sorry to hear your feedback as it¿s not our typical customer experience. We¿ve escalated your comments to our customer success team who will look into this further and ensure we can learn and make improvements where necessary. We hope your business continues to be successful and you find a solution that works for your needs. Thanks, Clare @ Little Hotelier
March 23, 2017
Alison M.
February 1, 2016

“Amazing - We all love it.”

OverallFrom day one - we have found that Little Hotelier was perfect for what we needed. The support network and back up is also fantastic. Little Hotelier plays a big part in our daily lives and makes it so easy to run an efficient operation. We have been able to drive our business forward with the help of Little Hotelier and what it offers.

By Little Hotelier on February 21, 2016
Thank you so much for your review Alison & thank you for choosing Little Hotelier! Best regards, The Little Hotelier Team
February 1, 2016
John N.

“PMS System”

OverallWe have been working with LH now for about 6 months. The system runs smoothly and is pretty straight forward in its use. We have experienced some shortcomings but there development team has been creating some new solutions and updates to keep things in check. Overall a very nice solution.

By Little Hotelier on February 7, 2016
Hi John, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience. The Little Hotelier Team