Magarental Ratings

Overall

About Magarental

Ideal for all property managers, Magarental offers unique features combined into an integrated solution that makes your operations management easier and quicker. Efficiently present your properties, manage the owners accounts, and your collaboration agencies. Invoicing, charging and voucher management are smooth and simply coordinated with clients and your main key players. Magarental helps you running a responsive and SEO friendly website with a complete and attractive property. Learn more about Magarental

Stefano T.
Marketing Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
August 30, 2019

“The Best Vacation Rentals Software”

ProsWe have been working in the field of vacation rentals for more than 10 years and we have tested the most important vacation rentals software. Magarental is currently the best software for those who manage a considerable number of apartments in one or in serveral cities. The possibility of having in a single software all the functionalities necessary to automate the internal management processes is certainly one of the most important aspects. Joining Magarental means having a system that manages everything: reservations, contracts, invoices, channel managers, arrivals and departures, maintenance, cleaning and external agencies. Furthermore, in our experience, there is no one who is equal to Magarental so complete and which allows a maximum level of customization. Any functionality you want to add will be possible thanks to the ability of the development team to customize the software to your business needs. This is the strong point that nobody can guarantee (I guarantee you ).
ConsThe software is ideal for those who manage many apartments for those with strong growth prospects and need a partner with whom to grow their business. It is not suitable for individuals, small real estate managers who do not have personalization needs and strong growth. It is a system with many features that require some initial time (as it should be) to configure it. Considesince it will be the most important system for your business I suggest you do it. If you don't have the time to manage such a powerful program, don't start.
August 30, 2019
William H.
Worldwide Head of Internal Control
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1001-5000 employees
August 31, 2018

“Go Magarental! Thank you we finally have the right solution and the right partner to success”

OverallI have tried and observed over the last 10 years many Property Management Sofware. The optimun does not exist even because we are in a field in continuous evolution and most of Property Manager does not work according to a unique standard practice/flow. I find this the most complete software that can empower a Property Manager to become a SuperPropertyManager saving time on low value added duties (automatized), sharing information/reports to Property Owners, Managing information flows from guests and the facility team. You need as with every software to take your time to try, understand and get the value. Once you understand is perfect.
Pros Easy and integrated. A Property Management Software that covers also the Channel Manager tools features. Flexible and easy to connect. Mobile/pad friendly Integrated a very nice website customized with payment platform Improved continuously Customer service that knows not only the software but the business providing insighs beyond their traditional role. Allow a remote control of operations on the field very efficient Integrated with analytics tools! Power BI. Great price for value
ConsWe there are many minor things that can be improved as with any software but I see day after day new improvements so I am fine with everything.

By MagaRental on September 11, 2018
Thanks William, we appreciate much when a professional of vacation rental understand all aspect of our application. Will try to do the best for improve always Maurizio
August 31, 2018
Roger B.
Head of Distribution & Partnerships
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2018

“Magarental, a great choice, but not for everyone. ”

OverallOur overal experience with Magarental is positive because of its functionalities, possibility to adapt to our requirements and its price quality ratio, especially compared to alternative solutions.
ProsFirst of all I need to mention that we use this software for connecting our vacation rental product to ota's and other platforms only, hence we are not too familiar with the crm/pms/cms functionalities it has to offer. Magarental has proven to be quite a different product than what we initially could image, having had previous experiences with larger alternatives. The possibility to personally tweak, verify, adjust or adapt a large number of settings is not for the faint of heart but therefore more appreciated by who has an understanding of the matter. What is most appreciated is the flexibility of the system and the collaboration we have with Magarental.
ConsIt can take some time and patience to understand the software and the features it offers.
November 9, 2018
Mark S.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2017

“Frustrating”

OverallTime saving in organising reservations into work
ProsThe power of the product - this product puts the user in control and has many features that allows you to manage reservations, payments and messaging in the front end to services at check in and check out and other times at the back end.
ConsThe support is appauling. They give ZERO documentation, provide no useful help in english (Italian owner and staff) as they waste a lot of time waffling instead of listening. And their website development add on takes them nearly 6 months to create despite being templated. Cheap powerful product but woefully understaffed - such a shame.

By MagaRental on November 6, 2017
Hi Mark I want to say thanks for your comment about the application and the features and functionality and try to improve our customer support. How you know we are not simple channel manager like our competitors but also a complete PMs that permit in your case to have 4 websites in one application. In the next months, we have a plan to increment the internal resources in different languages so we can help better our customers and create more documentation off line. Thanks Alessio
November 1, 2017
Alfonso M.
September 9, 2018

“Not user friendly and customer service could be better”

OverallWe did leave a good review when we first joined Magarental but it was in the first few weeks of using the product. The customer service was good at the beginning, 2 years ago, but this did not last. We should have waited longer before writing the first review.
ProsIt is a fair price and it is good for book keeping and accounting.
ConsIt is not not user friendly at all and is an archaic system. Although there are lots of functionalities (you don't necessary need them all), it could be much more straight forward and less complicated than it is. There are other software options which offer the same functionality or more but are much more user friendly with a more modern design. Be prepared to spend lots of time getting to know the system. The English version of the back office is not correctly translated therefore causes confusion.We got a 2 year deal with them but I did not expect the customer support to be lacking - I would rather have paid more and got better customer service and support. Up until I left, they had not synchronized with Air BnB - this is another reason why we didn't renew the contract. They did say that they would have achieved this synchronization by September but we could not wait.

By MagaRental on September 18, 2018
Dear Alfonso, We really feel sorry about this negative review of our company as always your inputs are important to us. We wish well in your future endeavor and hope that you will come back to see the new streamlined Magarental 3.0 we have just launched. We take comfort that we were not too harsh on us in our valuation of our overall Rating, Features & Functionality as well as Value for Money. Our assistance team will miss you , after all the conversation they had with they felt like you were part of the family and that you were starting to use the software at it¿s full potential ( PMS, Channel Manager, MarketPlace and features like automations, invoicing, reporting, API connectivity etc¿ We are hoping to have soon as we have overall the platform. Your family is missing you, please come back. Maurizio Lecce CEO of Magarental
September 9, 2018
Allan C.
September 18, 2016

“OUTDATED, NOT USER FRIENDLY, TERRIBLE & NON-EXISTENT SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY!”

OverallIt brings me no pleasure at all to leave this review, I write this only to share my experience so that others considering Magarental can make an more educated and informed decision. Initially I chose Magarental as I saw the potential it could have in helping our business more productive and efficient. It offers an "all in one" solution which includes a PMS (Property Management System), Channel Manager, and option to build an integrated website, which we went for. Before we signed up, the project / sales manager was always available and on hand for questions I had. After the signup however, it was a totally different story. What really lets the product down is the lack of customer service and leadership behind their team. If I had an issue and needed an urgent answer sometimes it literally took 4 to 5 days to get a response from the support team. Some questions went weeks without an answer, and many problems we had were still not solved. I spent more time chasing the Magarental team which left me less time to manage my business. SIGNUP PROCESS & INITIAL CHANNEL MANAGER SETUP: The system is built for programmers NOT for apartment managers. The entire process of setting up the calendars, pricing, a new property into the system and mapping to a new channel, is a long and arduous process. The system was not built to be user friendly, so you will spend hours and hours learning to setup even one property in the system. I spent countless calls with the Magarental team as the system is archaic and complicated. When trying to train the staff on how to use the system, they found it equally as difficult. Other systems on the market take just minutes to learn. Magarental takes hours and days, months. WEBSITE BUILDING: While Magarental offers great looking integrated websites, don't expect much support in this department. The initial contract we signed stated a 3 month lead time for the website to be completed. After the 3 month period I contacted Magarental to find out what the progress was, their answer was "The development team said you haven't updated all your information". What a shocking answer! At no point whatsoever had the Magarental team notified me that any input was needed from my side. Had I not brought the issue up, The website probably would not have been built! It took another 3 months (6 months total) before the website was even close to being completed. There was a complete lack of project management.
ProsThe "guest reservation area", where your guests can update their arrival time and set their bed preference, is a great feature. However, customer support is so slow, that even after 6 months of setting up the channel manager and building the website, we never even got to use this feature, as it had not been setup correctly by the Magarental team. Federico was a pleasure to deal with. I felt he genuinely had a desire to help when I had a problem.
ConsThe system and its interface is old and archaic. In the day and age of iphones and android phones, using Magarental is like living the the dark ages. A PMS should be be intuitive and user friendly - Magarental is extremely flawed in this, costing your more time, rather than saving you time. The customer support and service is terrible. Communication between their team is non-existent. When I had a problem I found myself having to constantly chase the development team with emails and skype messages, only to find I had to keep re-explaining the same issues to different team members. After being constantly frustrated due to never receiving the customer service I expected, I finally decided to leave Magarental, and requested to cut the subscription a few months early. At not one point were they apologetic, in fact, their attitude was blasé and unconcerned. There was no curiosity as to why I had decided to leave whatsoever. Instead, they insisted that I still needed to continue to pay the contract fees. A few weeks later someone from administration threatened to cut our service, which they did promptly. Strange that when they are after their money, you can get an instant response, yet when you need customer service and support, no one from Magarental is able to respond quickly. If only their service team was efficient as their admin team!
Recommendations to other buyersWe have since recently switched to another product. I can only describe the switch as like man evolving from an ice age Neanderthal to flying a modern jet plane. In essence, if you are looking for a system which is intuitive, user friendly, and has great customer service, look elsewhere. There are many other products out there which are far more superior. Magarental and its customer support will leave you feeling frustrated and disappointed.

By MagaRental on September 19, 2016
I'm very surprised by reading this review from a person who has always been late paying the flat rate. He only paid the flat after many reminder emails of admin, he's not a professional P.M.Furthermore he signed for a basic agree which means a template without any modifications but it worked out completely different. We did many modifications upon his request and he was satisfied fro this.He did not pay anything more for that, never.Reading that there is a lack of customer service is very surprising. When we working on the modifications was ok for him and we¿re always online for any help or customer service but when a customer doesn't pay why does he expect all this customer service!? Also to help him out we decided to let him pay the website (www.oasisapartments.eu) not immediately but every month partly on top of the flats and we must receive 4 yet.He wrote us the stop the payments but continue use MR without pay and we have simply blocked the account and he wrote the review. A.R
September 18, 2016
Moussa S.
Head Of Sales
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
September 11, 2018

“All in one : Channel Manager - PMS- Booking Engine- MarketPlace”

OverallHappy to it use overall It has simplified our communication
ProsThe one stop shop solution 1. Channel Manager: Airbnb , Booking.com, HomeAway, Expedia, CTRIP, Agoda and some niche channels 2. PMS: Simple Property Management System with planner, cleaning scheduling, Check-In and Out 3. Booking Engine: Natively integrated 4. Automation: Communications, gaps management, 5. API: reporting Platform, finance software 6. Tablet and Mobile responsive 7. MarketPlace 8. B2B access
ConsGDS connection will be nice to have as it is important for us.
September 11, 2018
Alfonso M.
February 11, 2017

“Professional and reliable”

OverallMagarental is professional and reliable. They are professional in their conduct with clients and also their products allow your business to move to the next level. Thanks to rep, the website is looking very appealing to Naples Villas' target audience. Rep, who is part of the customer service team, is very reliable and delivers what she promises. Her technical knowledge and support have been invaluable to getting Magarental system up and running for our business. Rep has also provided further support, as necessary, to enable us to take full advantage of all that Magarental has to offer. Magarental has so much more than other similar products that I have used in the past or looked into purchasing. Their back office is very sophisticated namely the statistics section and the channel manager is very powerful as it enables you to use channels that others do not offer.

By MagaRental on February 13, 2017
Dear Alfonso, Thank you for your exhaustive review. Our Onboarding Team strives to follow our customers in the best way possible and they try to build a complete application which is usable for every Property Manager. In the last six months we have been working hard withyou to reach one target together, your satisfaction!. While reading you words I believe we have achieved that goal and this makes us work harder, more and with even greater commitment. Un abbraccio Maurizio Project Manager
February 11, 2017
David P.
October 6, 2016

“Excellent software for accommodation renting”

OverallI have changed several tools before Magarental, and they always promised a lot, but couldn't handle all my issues. Either they had problems with iCal, or XML or I received overbookings anyway. Magarental is a little bit complex tool for start using (there are tons of functionalities that I still don't use), but once when you get familiar, it's excellent, and it does job you are paying for. I definitely recommend!
ProsI doesn't make mistakes. It really synchronizes all channels.
ConsYou need to invest several hours to get familiar with software. It's too extensive so you could intuitively use it.

By MagaRental on October 6, 2016
Thank you David! Is the true, Magarental is complex because have many..many functions and we're waiting some PM who use all! Ciao Maurizio
October 6, 2016
Marco C.
General Manager
July 27, 2016

“Magarental the King of Vacation Rental Softwares”

OverallOne of the most relieable, if not the most, vacation rental software I came accross im my career. It is has been incredibly hard to find a stable, reliable solution able to satisfy our needs of Vacation Rental Managers. Also the price is very reasonable.
ProsMagarental is the most complete vacation rental software there is on the market now, which gives you the possibility to integrate with pretty much all major channels, including Expedia.
ConsLike in everything, there is always room for improvement but at this stage I cannot fault anything, as the software does pretty much all we need.
July 27, 2016
Antonio B.
Administrator
July 20, 2015

“All that i was looking for!”

OverallI manage around 500 properties and I was fascinated by kigo... than in London I met Maurizio Lecce (Project Manager) and it was something like a miracle... Magarental is the property management software i dreamed... Instantly update prices and availability on all the channel manager linked to the software and, when there's no connection, it gives you the chance to link at least the availabilities with google calendar (like with airbnb). You pay for each property you listed and no for each booking you receive (as kigo). It's fantastic how manage the email, the bookings, the complex with units apartment, and channels. It's quite hard to learn how use it because you can manage thousands of information but once you start working... everything will be ok and easy. Cons? it's only a bit slow when update prices, but it's justified by the amount of informations sent to the channels Instantly (and maybe for my line not really fastly) Anyway the best pros is the everything is customizable, and they do also the front-end website as you want in 6 months, you can see my website @ www.bellavitavillas.com Another great thing is that between us we can share the properties listed on Magarental and have our portfolio very rich, if you have interested to cooperate with our organization please write me: a.barbaraATperledipuglia.it If u have more question I'm available also to answer to you.
Carol m.
July 26, 2016

“Finally found a serious management program”

OverallAfter having used most of the vacation rental software on the market and found that many have major bugs, or have security or legal issues that are definitely to be avoided. I have finally come across magarental who not only are much cheaper than comparable software, they are fast, courteous, precise and their customer support greatly excelled my expectations. I would recommend to any agency that needs a REAL WORKING software and a BEAUTIFUL website.
ProsPretty complete, fairly easy to use ( they guide you through the more complex parts) and they customize the software for each agency at a very reasonable cost.
Cons Pricing could be made a bit less complex, but in reality our agency has a complexpricing system so most agencies will not have this problem.
Recommendations to other buyersMuch of the data and all the pphotos from our previous management program were imported directly by magarentals which saved us a lot of time.
July 26, 2016
Cecilia V.
Head of Marketing
July 31, 2015

“Magarental is an impressive software for holiday rentals with the best customer service ever!”

OverallAlready during the first demo, it was love at first sight because it has what a vacation rentals REALLY need: it's "easy to understand" for those who want to make a booking. According with my long experience with other similar booking engine systems and after 4 months of use, I can confirm that Magarental is an impressive software for holiday rentals. But the best part of this company is the professional and proactive attitude of the staff. Their support and expertise are priceless. When you start a project with them, you feel that you have the right partner close to you. The exchange of ideas, every brainstorming and each proposal draft, are a pleasant experience. They understand perfectly the way you work and what goal you would achieve in your business. And this is extremely important because the booking system and the website are a 24h money making machine. Every detail is essential! I can't forget to mention the patience and very good skills of Federico (designer). He has made ''real what we had just in our head. Pros: Good customization, good design, answer to my questions in near real time Cons: Nothing special, they are continually updating the system and they are open to all our suggestions.
Angelarita d.
propriety manger
Hospitality, Self-employed
September 17, 2018

“very easy software”

ProsI like this software because it is complete in every part, when you manage holiday house you have a lot to take care from the cleaning to the invoice and this is perfect...
Cons intuitiveness and it is really easy to use

By MagaRental on September 19, 2018
Thanks Angela for your support! I the reason for do always better and help you in any new integration! Maurizio
September 17, 2018
Gianluca B.
July 23, 2015

“Finally a serious vacation rental software!”

OverallAfter a long search and many delusions in the field of vacation rental software, my Company has finally met Maurizio and his Magarental. In 6 years we have tried many different software, but I have to say that Magarental is the only one that completely match with my Company's needs. With so many different settings and its friendly usability, Magarental became shortly an essential tool to work with. One of the best things about Magarental is the fact that you can ask the staff to customize certain settings depending on your needs and on your way to work. I have to say that ever since we use Magarental and its powerful channel manager, our revenues have increased and the booking department work much easily. Thanks also to Giulia and the staff of the Magarental's customer service for their prompt response to all the needs and questions. Ciao, The staff of WeeKey Rentals www.weekeyrentals.com
July 23, 2015
Peter T.
Operation Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 7, 2019

“Multi Functional”

OverallIt took a long time to understand all options, and it is still not done yet, but once everything is fine tuned it will be a very helpfull program for our business.
ProsThis program has many possibilities which helps us to do our business. It's an end-to-end program which cover almost all our needs.
ConsA lot of features are not always logic implemented, since there is no helping guide, it sometimes difficult to configure and understand all options.
August 7, 2019
Irene R.
General Manager
July 31, 2015

“The right partner for a busy short let company in London”

OverallWe are so proud about our new website, new booking engine and the collaboration with Maurizio and Magarental staff. Our new website immediately received a lot of positive feedbacks from our users! But what it's very important that we are happy to have finally found an amazing and professional technology partner. The booking engine is become an irreplaceable tool in our daily routine. We can managed everything with just few clicks. And we love how this software manages the enquiries. The result of our collaboration is visible here: www.shortlet-london.com. Pros: Easy to use, great customisation, good customer service, good training. Cons: The system has not the feature to duplicate the set up of an already listed apartment. It could help when you have a lot of similar flats as in our case.
Renato Mario C.
July 20, 2015

“Tested since 2006 we can't leve with out it.”

OverallWe manage more than 400 units and we used Magarental since 2006 and my business is growing every year 20% thanks to the constant developing of the software and the connection easy to use of all the major channel. We use for all the back office of our business including invoices and channel connection. We have all the updated for free and the monthly cost is very affordable the assistance is great, the customer satisfaction is very high. I feel comfortable do advise to all the vacation rentals property manager the Magarental software.

By MagaRental on July 21, 2015
Hello Renato, thank you for your comment about the Magarental application. I want only clarify about the date, we meet in 2006 but the first release of the software was in 2011, :) Bye Maurizio
Brando S.
December 9, 2015

“Can't work with out it, by Roomix.ch”

OverallMagarental is my tecnologie partner and I'm completely satisfaction by the service. I'm in the stage work to uploading information in the data base and the process is easy and intuitive, uploading images is easy and fast, manage prices is really efficient. On the other hand the PMS is able to organize and diplay in my site a extensive and complete number of info and images, I can set and organize static pages and all the endorsements of the web site and the database. The cannel manager is outstanding and complete with all the mayor and the particular channels on the market and it will be my resource to publish all over my properties and get great visibility. Thank you to all the staff.
Gaia S.
Web Marketing Consultant
July 21, 2015

“A complete and flexible software for the vacation rental business”

OverallWe have been using the Magarental software for almost one year to manage our rental service in Venice and it has demonstrated a powerful tool insuring the grow of our business. We needed a software developed merely for the rental business that can be adapted to the daily work to accommodate the requests of demanding clients and the peculiarity of a very special town like Venice. We selected Magarental because it is a "plug play" solution with the additional advantage that it can be customized. Even if the process required for the customization is not that lean and requires some time and attention. The only concern is the lack of CRM and customer loyalty tools, but they are working on it.
Andy O.
July 25, 2015

“More Features for your money - Great Vacation Rental Software”

OverallJust moved from one of the big boys to Magarental a smaller company who offer vacation rental software. I needed to connect to all the main vacation portals and Magarental has this covered. The software has a lot of features that my old software did not have, they even have a guest area where the guest can login and see the booking, book activities, hire a car, tips on places to visit, places to eat. They can even ask for assistance in the property and look up medical service. The other factors to move where the cost and customer service, as they are a smaller company they are always on hand to help and the cost for the software is half of what I was paying.
July 25, 2015
Jacopo C.
Ceo
July 20, 2015

“The best Booking Platform ”

OverallI'm using this booking platform since 2011 with great satisfaction for over 5 years. Magarental's staff is always ready to develop and customize every need technology that is used for my business model. Maurizio (Magarental's Ceo) has always demonstrated great qualities to understand the real needs and requirements of our company often anticipating and implementing technologies that have led us to establish ourselves in the market for holiday homes on the Italian territory. That personally I can say is that Magarental has the qualities to make a project slow and loser in a successful project.
Themos P.
July 21, 2015

“Magarental is the best overall on-line management site for Holiday Rental businesses.”

OverallMagarental software provides comprehension vacation rental software covering all aspects of accounting and information needed to properly run a property management company. Any issues with the software I have are immediately solved and the IT support people are wonderful to work with and never fail to help me find a perfect solution for any issues. Magarental is easy to use, the web integration is perfect and reports are complete and professional looking. I have tried other vacation softwares and nothing compares to Magarental!
Elisa D.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 27, 2019

“Magarental”

OverallWe were happy to collaborate with Magarental. They set up the CM on our needs. The only "complaint" can be that the assistance at the beginning was much faster and after a while, maybe due to the upgrade and lots of work they have to deal with was a bit slow.
ProsMagarental is aboslutely not for everyone, but they model the system completely on you. So when you start using it you will probably need to spend much time in make it dress your clothes perfectly.
ConsNot very easy at the beginning, but after a while, everything was much simpler.
August 27, 2019
Alessandro F.
October 7, 2015

“Excellent”

OverallAfter years of waits for implementations never arrived with another software, we finally found this product, a complete software, totally customizable to your needs. We just started using Magarental and we are already very happy with its features. The assistance is always ready to help you and it is also very fast. Definitely suggested.

By MagaRental on October 7, 2015
Thank you Alessandro, we are happy to help our customer for their business and we try to do always the best!
October 7, 2015
Jorge D.
December 1, 2015

“Top Top and Top Team and Top software ”

OverallMagarental has been one my biggest discoveries. I was with my old software provider for 2 years and decided to move to Magarental. It is a really good software but most importantly they have very good customer service. They are always there to help you with any issues. Thanks to Gulia, Maurizio, and Federico
December 1, 2015
Antoine v.

“Perfect solution”

OverallMagarental is a perfect solution for us where you can integrate all the channels you can imagine. It's very easy to use and the rare times we had some difficulties the assistance was quickly and helpful.
Domenico G.
manager
August 7, 2015

“A team that repsonds a kind of "anytime" of the day and night”

OverallHard workers and precise. We have improved our business of over 25% in one single year thanks to them. I would definitely recommend the company to small to average size portfolio vacation rental managers.
August 7, 2015
Piero A.
GM
August 14, 2015

“Just perfect!”

OverallSimply the best PMS for Vacation Rentals.
August 14, 2015