InSync EMR Ratings

Overall

About InSync EMR

Enhance patient care with InSync's fully integrated, easy-to-use, cloud-based healthcare IT solutions. Our electronic medical records, practice management and billing software is especially designed to meet mental health and substance abuse provider's needs. Customizable workflows and dashboards, integrated scheduling, billing, and e-prescribing, integrated telemedicine and mobile ready. Learn more about InSync EMR

Nick K.
COO, CFO
August 6, 2019

“InSync EMR Review”

OverallOur overall experience with this Insync so far has been really good. We really appreciate the support that has been given to us. I have a few overall concerns though: -Things felt rushed. I felt like even though we had deadlines, we needed more time with implementation. the rep did not contribute to this. Just in general though, I felt rushed to decide on the contract originally, I felt rushed on picking a "go live date", and I felt rushed getting all the information prepared for the go live date (even when it was looking like we might not make it, the option of pushing it back a little was not on the table). -The support team does the best the can to help us solve our problems and we love that. There is a language barrier though that makes understanding the material challenging. Including the Insync University tutorial videos.
ProsThe part of Insync that we like so far the most, is the patient portal and how simple the system is for patients to use. We also really like that we do not have to bill secondary claims out on paper by using Insync. This is way more efficient than what we were doing in the past. We also really like the central scheduler. It is way more friendly. The global schedule is simple, sleek, and clear.
ConsThis is a hard question for me to answer at this time because we have only been live for 3 months. So far what we like least is the billing section of the practice management portion. We haven't used the automated claim generator yet, and honestly we are nervous about it just because the migration from the old system to this was so messy that we are afraid if we do not go through everything by hand for a while, we will miss critical details that will effect claims going out "automatically." Another thing that we really like, but also dislike is how deep this software goes. There is almost too much that can be done in Insync. It is such a big system that we feel that it is going to take us at least a year to really have a good grasp on what Insync is capable of. Lastly, we really aren't a big fan of the way that the assessment is set up currently. We are moving things around and adjusting to see if we can disable parts we don't use, or add parts that speed up our process, but right now it is no simpler than the last EHR we used.
August 6, 2019
Jeffrey G.
July 30, 2019

“Very very good EMR”

OverallI am able to now say to the government that I have an EMR that is certified for MIPS and the other current government requirements, which will allow me to avoid penalties in the future.
ProsIt is cloud based so I don't have to go in after hours to do constant "updates" like I used to on my old EMR. THe presentation of the screens appear professional and the notes are laid out in a professional appearing fashion. I like the lab interface as well and the patient portal is very nice.
ConsThe templates are not as robust as what I am used to. THey only allow you to save pre-clicks in the physical exam templates and I really miss it in the Review of Systems. The medication/allergy modules are a third party and don't interface seemlessly with the software. For instance, if a pharmacy sends me a request for a refill on Joe Smith, I can't just click on Joe SMith's name and be brought to the refill screen automatically. I have to log out of the pharmacy screen, search for the patient's name in the EMR, navigate back to the medicine module, search for the medicine that they requested and THEN finally refill it. This is very inefficient. If the pharmacy is requesting medicine XYZ for Joe Smith, we should be able to be brought to the refill of XYZ on Joe Smith with literally one click and no typing of names. I think they are working on fixing this so I am hopeful it will improve soon.
July 30, 2019
Rebecca S.
June 30, 2017

“This system has caused too many grey hairs and too much stress . . .”

OverallThe set up process for this system was very stressful - we were promised outcome reports and the ability to do accrual accounting reports that were not developed until months after we went live with the system. Most of their support staff are from India and are difficult to understand, and the amount of staff hours it took to customize the system was outrageously high. Overall, it is a relatively easy system to use although there are times when things take three key strokes when it seems like it should only take one.
ProsOur initial support and training staff were exceptionally responsive to our needs and excellent at what they do. Most of the people who work for the company seem to really care about the product and care about whether we are happy with the system or not. Even the owner of the company went to bat for us several times when we were not getting features we had been promised in a timely fashion. Generally, the system is extremely customizable to our practice and we were able to set it up for our specific needs. Now that the system is up and running, our staff, clinical as well as billing/scheduling, seem to be really happy with it.
ConsAs I mentioned, during the initial setup and customization of the system, our initial trainers and sales people were all awesome to work with. Now that we have gone live and are using the system, we are dealing with the technical support staff. While they generally respond in a timely manner, all of the ones I have dealt with are from India and are either extremely difficult to understand or else don't seem to fully understand what we are trying to say. This can be extremely frustrating at times. We were told the program was very customizable - which is true. The problem is we didn't realize that their setup team had so many customizations and updates to make for other clients that it took almost 8 months from the time we signed the initial contract to get our needs addressed. This wasn't helped by the fact that they kept giving us dates we could expect the next software roll-out and then those dates kept getting postponed. One major problem was that we had been told before we bought the system that it could do accrual accounting. Then we discovered it wasn't set up to do accrual accounting at all. From April 1st, when we went live, to the end of June, we were unable to generate any financial data. This was a big problem for us. In addition, we were unable to generate specific outcome reports we had been promised (and that we needed for quarterly reports for some of our funding sources). This has been worked out now but was very stressful at the time. One of the things that appealed to us about this system in the beginning was the great reviews it got for its technical support and the responsiveness by which they responded to problems. While they are generally responsive, they haven't consistently been so. One staff person told us the company was growing so fast that they were unable to respond to the increase in technical support needs. Maybe this is something that has been ironed out by now but it was certainly a problem early on.
June 30, 2017
Sylvia C.
October 15, 2015

“INSYNC made it all possible! THANK YOU InSync!”

ProsI love that InSync understood from the start that all practices (even within their own specialty) have very specific requirements and needs. Insync personalized the software to accommodate the needs of our practice and also tailored the EMR's work flow to mirror our current work flow pattern. This allowed for a much smoother transition. InSync was our practice's second attempt to transition to an EMR system. Our previous vendor's software was very restrictive and offered very little in the way of personalizing it to meet our needs. It wasn't user friendly and their technical support wasn't very supportive or helpful. Being user friendly is extremely important. Even if an EMR is tailored to your needs, if you can't figure your way through it in a quick, easy manner, you will end up frustrated and unhappy with your EMR choice. InSync's EMR is VERY USER FRIENDLY and is set up in a SENSIBLE MANNER that doesn't get you lost or confused. InSync made our transition from paper to EMR pretty darn easy for such a big, sometimes scary, undertaking. I can't say enough about how much support they offered both technical and personal (needed some emotional hand holding at times!). They went out of their way to make sure we successfully transitioned and they continue to be there for any ongoing support we may need.
ConsThe only thing that I could say here was that I wish I could have extended the 3 day onsite training to 30 days! Uh, but that would be unreasonable I know :-) But in reality, InSync, although not physically present in my office anymore, has always been available to answer my questions, guide me when needed and to help troubleshoot solutions. By "troubleshoot solutions" I don't want to imply there are any "issues" with the software. I haven't found any "issues" as of yet. I happen to have very high expectations of what I was looking to capture from an EMR, and how I could use it to help our practice meet AND score high on ALL clinical measures across the board for P4P, HEDIS and Meaningful Use. So by "troubleshoot" I just meant we worked to make sure this could be achieved. I am happy with the outcome.
Recommendations to other buyersWhen you're evaluating the vast sea of EMR vendors, don't just focus on price first. Often times cheaper just means cheap, and cheap doesn't last in the long run. Before you even consider any vendor's software it is VERY IMPORTANT to know the requirements/needs of your practice, those of the health plans you're contracted with, as well as your state and federal requirements. Then see if the software can meet those needs. If they can, then the software will pay for itself in no time. If it can't, then no matter how cheap or expensive the software is, it's not worth it. Speaking of money, every year physicians continue to face more and more cuts in their reimbursement payments. These cuts are digging even deeper as physicians/practices fail to perform, capture and send the required encounter data to their reporting agencies. A really good EMR will help (and remind) you to perform and capture this data and make it user friendly to send it to the necessary reporting agencies. After doing my research on the required health measures, what they encompassed and the appropriate reporting & billing codes to reflect the care that was performed. I now understood what I wanted and needed in an EMR and knew InSync could deliver. Lastly, a good EMR vendor will want you to make a successful transition. YOUR success is THEIR success too. More often than not, when people are not happy with their current EMR, it was because they did not fully understand their own needs FIRST. Do your homework first and the transition will most likely be pain free :-)
Tina F.
Director/owner
October 4, 2019

“Implementation Team is Amazing!”

OverallThe entire team is flawless and go above and beyond to help us with every single question we ask, and we ask a ton of questions. They never make us feel like we are bothering them with the same question, as a matter of fact, I feel like we are they only client, when I know that's just not the case.
ProsThe customer support you receive from the time of the sale to launch and even after is excellent. They hold your hand through the entire process making a very stressful situation manageable, including training our 65 providers.
ConsSeems like a few things have more steps than should be necessary to complete on the PM side.
October 4, 2019
La Keita C.
Owner/CEO
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
March 28, 2019

“I Loved My Implementation Team!”

OverallRep is absolutely amazing. I bugged the hall out of that woman for the better part of a month. She never lost her patience and she was so helpful. Always validating when I figured something out and emailing back so quickly. She is a dream and should get a raise. She supported my ambitious request to go live about 3.5 weeks after signing on and I'm so glad that we did. Was it stressful? Yes. Would using our old EMR been more stressful given its limitations? Yes!!! Rep is amazing! She kind, knowledgable, smart, funny, and a really good teacher. She definitely understands how to teach users to use the system and to think like the system. She also turned around emails very quickly and was a treasure. I'm so glad that I had these two on my team. They made my experience with InSync a great one. I would recommend InSync to others based off these two and the features mentioned above alone. Rep was also a great support. I didn't have an amazing experience with executive. I found her to be cold via email and not very responsive via email. I was short and to the point, but cold compared to my interactions with other team members.
ProsI love all of the features. Sticky notes, messaging, batch payments, ERAs, form creation, assessments.
ConsThere is no instant message feature. It's a great feature when there is a patient escalating in the room. You don't have to leave them alone to come get someone. Some of the features are over-priced, which makes customers find workarounds. You would get more business by lowering the price because customers would keep the added feature for the life of their time with InSync. No telehealth yet. Please release this ASAP. We have to pay for a service outside of InSync and use it concurrently with the EMR. It would be easier to have it embedded.
March 28, 2019
Tosin B.
October 16, 2015

“InSync has been a great, easy to use product!”

ProsI really love the ease of use for the product! There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you've got it down, you don't want to use anything else. I've used EMRs before, but InSync is one of the simplest to use by far. Don't confuse simplicity for lack of features though. The software is pretty robust and can handle almost anything you can think of. They really took the time to make this product user-friendly and feature-rich. The vendors have also been awesome to work with! They take the time to understand your needs and cater the product to best fit your practice. They usually bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the product and your needs are taken care of. I was so happy that my sales reps took the time to demo the product and features anytime I asked or explained anything I had questions about. It was so easy to know exactly how a feature of InSync would help my practice. InSync has been great for my practice and I'm truly glad that I bought it.
ConsLike others have said, entering in EOBs manually can be a pain. However, once you get ERAs to work, it greatly reduces the stress of posting. Occasionally, you get some hiccups with the EMR being web-based (i.e. timeouts, pages loading slow), but overall it's a great product. Emailing support can be 60/40. Sometimes you get great people to work with and other times you can't get someone to solve your issue. However, I usually get much better people over the phone and a much faster response time.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you talk to your sales reps/vendors and ask them about every feature/nuance that the software can do. You want to make sure that the EMR you buy can meet the needs of your practice. You don't want to find out later that an EMR can't do what you need it to do. No EMR is perfect, but you want something that's easy to use, feature-rich, and has great support behind it in case you run into any issues.
Richard H.
EMR Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2016

“A great choice with great functionality”

OverallWe have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.
ProsThe company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.
ConsCannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.
Recommendations to other buyersAlthough they have worked with us on pricing, the extra features do cost extra & can be a bit much when bought separately. It would be better to have all the features included initially and negotiate a price based on that. But we are happy with the software and would recommend it
Stephen J.
ED/CEO
October 5, 2017

“It is a PM/EMR software that works.”

OverallLike most of us we want this software to be all things to us. Although we have not arrived at this point, the developers work with us to modify what we are trying to implement and help educate the staff. Do your homework, make sure you understand what you want and need and how they can help you.
ProsOur billing process has become so much more efficient and case documentation is a breeze. The software is 1) user friendly, 2)self explanatory , 3) has an easy to access resource center 4) and clear instructions . Depending on the style of learning that my staff members are most proficient, they can learn at their own speeds. We now have our own account manager that we can funnel all of our concerns through. The reality is that this program touches most every facet of our practice and we are bound to have challenges. This will help them to help us to stay on top of any training deficits that may materialize.
ConsIt is sometime difficult to have a bunch of behavioral therapists attempt to navigate any IT system. The support is good and responsive. We would all like to have an answer or a quick fix, sometimes that just cannot happen.
October 5, 2017
Nicholas P.
Physician/Owner - BILLCO/Owner
April 11, 2017

“A TRUE SOLUTION for physicians of all specialties and practice management [administrative to revenue cycle management].”

OverallLet me begin by saying "I'm a proud user of Insync." As multidisciplinary clinic owner and provider my tasks day to day vary. However, having the ability to implement and EHR and RCM solution that effectively and efficiently allows my providers and me to document each encounter contemporaneously is priceless. Flexibility, the user interface is manageable either by practice or at the provider level. This allows for tremendous customization per provider and results in ultimate efficiency. In my practices, I have always evaluated TTD [time to document] as I consider it non-revenue generating time. Insync has allowed us to decrease our average TTD. Beyond the clinical benefits, Insync offers a powerful RCM solution ranging from the needs of a small practice to a full sized Billing Company. As the founder of a billing company Insync again was my choice for RCM solution. I'm not only satisfied, again, "I am a proud user of Insync."
ProsUSER INTERFACE / FLEXIBILITY
ConsThis is not my con yet I caution those who may prematurely consider it a con. The flexibility that the system offers is to all of our benefit. However, it requires that you and your providers work with Insync during the implementation to achieve some customization. Please take a moment to listen, look and learn how flexible the system truly is.
April 11, 2017
Michael V.
August 16, 2019

“Why a 10?”

Overall In the first few week, we have already sealed some holes in our previous billing system, that the previous system overlooked or outsourced to third parties. Making the process cumbersome. This has increased our productivity, as well as increased our revenue.
ProsAfter using another software product for several years and feeling frustrated by both the software and the support I searched for another choice. The ease of use is far superior any other system from the way the EMR is setup to the billing and remittance. The support team from start to finish and beyond is phenomenal. The access to support has been absolutely seamless.
ConsTo date the only con has been trying to incorporate all the possible tools the system has to offer. The system has more tools than we can possibly use so it may take some time to reign it in to our needs. Better to have too much than too little.
August 16, 2019
Jeanne H.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“Insync has been an amazing company to partner with for many reasons.”

ProsInSync's customer service team is always very responsive and able to answer questions or direct us to the right person. The sales team is always available to speak with myself and or a new provider joining InSync regarding any questions or concerns. We find ourselves working with a particular support representative that knows our business very well. He is able to handle our problems promptly and efficiently. Our providers have needed to work with Insync pertaining to the scheduler and EMR and they have had a good experience.
ConsWhile there are many positive features one of the problem areas lately has been the system going down which not only effects our billing capabilities but our providers access to schedulers and EMR. One other problem is that InSync does not support all specialties at this time.
August 28, 2018
SUMEETA V.
Financial Services, Unspecified
October 16, 2015

“USER FRIENDLY AWESOME PRODUCT”

ProsThe software is user friendly, self explanatory , the resource center has manuals that can be reviewed with regards to having a question about working in Insync just in case a customer service rep is unavailable, the training system is awesome, the trainers are very knowledgeable and professional in their approach. Having worked with six software in the past I must say not all of them were user friendly and the technical support departments were not very helpful either. The ease of understanding and using INSYNC has increased productivity in my office.Their reporting features are great too. The real time eligibility Feature also reduces denials. Our office has finally found a complete SOFTWARE.
ConsManual entry of Eobs is time consuming. You have to enter a chk # repeatedly if there are fifty patients on a chk. If only They found an easier way for that then I would say the software is perfect.
Recommendations to other buyersAlways do your homework. If a software is offering a cheaper price or if they are offering just one feature someone else is not it doesn't always make them better. They must deliver what they promise and you get that with Insync. All providers do not have time for Trial and error get demos, ask questions and only then decide what is best for you practice.
Amy T.
Medical Transcription
November 14, 2018

“Medical transcriptionist thinks InSync doesn't look great, but works pretty well ”

ProsOnce you learn the software, it works pretty well for our office. It's a good fit for a small office. A lot of the features are customizable to fit the practice.
ConsIt's not a very visually appealing software. Some of the icons and things aren't intuitive. There are certain things that you can't edit unless you're in an Encounter (like Health Maintenance), so if you want to add a Colonoscopy or Mammogram date or something, you have to wait until you're actually having an office visit, not just during a phone call. However, you can edit the History portion outside of Encounters, which is useful.
November 14, 2018
Tonya S.
Billing Manager
January 26, 2016

“Amazing Customer Service for a Great System ”

ProsHow easily customizable the system is for your specific practice. InSync implementation team is amazing at figuring out what we were talking about it and adjusting the software to meet our needs. Billing has become so much more streamlined, we are able to check eligibility and copay without having to spend time on the phone for each patient. The process of attaching the copay to the claim is as simple as clicking a button, which is such a great time saver. Our practice was new to any EHR system, so it has been important that the whole team has been available to help any of our staff as needed. It was important for our system to be able to be on our server rather than a cloud/web based application, due to our internet having issues due to the location we are in. This was one of the very few systems that met our needs as well as our wants.
ConsOn the scheduler, master view it would be nice to see all the clinicians at the same time, rather than having to scroll to the right. At times posting payments can be an undertaking if certain insurances are not set up to do ERA, but I find it is quick once you get in the groove of posting the payments. The call reminder system has some hiccups for us, but InSync is working on it.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are someone who wants to talk to enthusiastic and passionate people this is the system for you. Every one of the people who have spoken to have been amazing in their knowledge of the product as well generally being friendly and outgoing. Any time we had a question they have taken time to make sure it was answered and that we understood the issue. The few problems that we have had, they have been addressed and solved in a timely manner. Overall it is a user friendly system that is easy to use, once you are trained.
January 26, 2016
cynthia m.
Rehabilitation Services Manager
March 7, 2019

“Great Software-Wonderful Customer Service”

OverallMy experience has been wonderful. When a question was sent regarding difficulty with a component of the software, it was answered and addressed in an efficient manner. The one time that I had to wait for support to correct an issue, I received a phone call that provided me with a reasonable target date for completion. It was completed during that time. The information that we provided to build the system was incorporated into the manner that we requested. The implementation specialist was beyond helpful. She answered all of our questions in an effective manner. She provided me training that would allow me to be as independent as possible, in regards to making changes in the system when we transitioned to support. The trainer was beyond patient with my staff and I watched her explained things again and again in as many different ways, until my staff could grasp the information. She never lost her patience or her professionalism.
ProsIt allows for quick, accurate documentation. Easy to track completed and incomplete documentation. The software was adapted to meet the needs of our specific facility and we were not forced to make the agency's needs fit what the software was capable of doing. All of the information is connected to a visit from documentation to billing.
ConsWhen in documentation manager I would like to be able to move a document to another file in a more efficient manner.
March 7, 2019
Lynne S.
COO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2019

“Customer service can not be beat!”

OverallThis has been a amazing experience! The staff specifically Chelsea Campbell, Luke Coutras, and Lance were effective, smart, considerate, and felt like part of our team. They were knowledgeable and solved issues quickly. They were willing to brainstorm when the software did not match how the treatment program was running. The software is fast and comprehensive. From the scheduler to the clinical documentation we are impressed.
ProsThe software is very customizable. We have a unique behavioral health clinic and were able to format our software in a way that worked for our staff and clients.
ConsMigration to a new software always has a learning curve, this was no different. However, what was different is the amazing customer support through the process.
September 18, 2019
Chelsea F.
Practice Manager
July 17, 2019

“Excellent Implementation!”

OverallOur implementation specialist was exceptional! We had many questions, and her answers came both efficiently and thoroughly. Her organization was key prior to and following launch. I must say that it is this excellent service which their representative offered which made the most impact upon our comfort and adaptation with InSync!
ProsI will say this a few more times throughout this review, but the most effective tool which InSync provided us with was our Implementation Specialist! The representative offered both vast knowledge, expertise, and efficiency. In utilization of the software itself, the most efficient feature is the claims scrubbing. This extra "check" helps to prevent denials, and once the procedure is learned, rebilling claims via InSync is very simple. Another major draw to us are the array of financial among other reports, which others systems do not all offer.
ConsThere are a few features that are intimidating to utilize at first, such as the Claims and ERA processing; however, with an effective Implementation Specialist, this is completely manageable! Outside of this intimidation, we have seen some appointment reminder inconsistencies, but I believe that corrections to these are in the works. The company is very responsive to concerns.
July 17, 2019
Mary B.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2018

“Review of PM and EMR”

OverallOur company has been with InSync for 10 years and we have watched the evolution of the PM system and the EMR system. They have surpassed where we ever anticipated they would be in 10 years. We look forward to the next 10 years.
ProsInSync understands the ever-changing system and the challenges providers face when trying to stay current with these changes. InSync evolves continually and uses various methods to keep providers in the know regarding the changes and updates. Their customer service is the best and their EMR trainer team is the best in the market.
ConsInSync faces the same challenges that every other system faces: no two provider offices have the same processes. However, unlike other systems, InSync offers the highest level of flexibility in their effort to make the system as customizable as possible. No system will check every box for every provider but this one comes close.
May 15, 2018
Beatriz H.
October 10, 2017

“Great Product!!”

OverallI'm the CEO of a Community Mental Health Center with multiple programs and sites and growing. This software has the capability to grow with us which is great. I would recommend this product to similar programs, small or large.
ProsThis system is very user friendly! Our staff has varying degrees of computer skills and they all felt comfortable using the system after the training. Our assigned trainer was absolutely amazing! She made the training process easy and was really engaging! Our sales representative provided great customer support throughout our entire experience. She made me feel like a business partner versus just another sale. Our system needed to be customized due to the diverse programming we provide and they were able to accommodate. This is great product!
October 10, 2017
Richard B.
September 23, 2019

“Buyer Beware! Many other better options from which to choose!”

OverallThis product appears to be designed primarily for larger primary care practices. We are a pediatric rehabilitation practice, providing OT, PT and SLP. It has many bells and whistles which you cannot "turn off". Software is very rigid; has a mind of it's own and does not allow for customizations of any kind. Customer service is mostly prompt but majority of support comes from India; representatives often do not have mastery of the English language. It has been a cycle of poor communication with inSync; appears that the left hand does not know what the right is doing and vice versa.
ProsCloud-based so you can apparently document from anywhere
ConsFrequent glitches, sessions frequently timeout, documentation by clinicians repeatedly lost, cost. Too many icons, most of which I was informed could be modified or removed. Repairs/fixes requested by my team often result in "enhancement requests" that are never addressed; other requests that ARE addressed appear to "undo" repairs that have actually been performed.
September 23, 2019
Adnan K.
April 24, 2019

“MD”

OverallAbsolutely outstanding. All the way from the multiple free demos, to the sales team, to the implementation specialist, to the on-site live training - they have thought of everything. Most importantly, they never left us hanging. They were always available and highly responsive to our multiple requests. I needed several tutorial sessions to get me up to speed, but I can't say enough that the pay off is downright phenomenal. And that's with InSync "designing from scratch" our request for custom progress notes, history/physical notes, etc. If we had used the "standard notes", I'm sure it would have been even easier.
ProsIt has everything you can ever think of. Definitely designed for the mature user as there is quite a learning curve. Once you overcome the initial hurdle, it is worth every ounce of sweat you poured in while learning to navigate through the product. You will NOT be disappointed.
ConsI cannot think of anything. There is quite a learning curve because the product is exquisitely dense and full of things, shortcuts, tricks, etc. Again, once you overcome the initial hurdle, you will be navigating through the program like a pro and your clinic flow will improve significantly.
April 24, 2019
Caroline C.
August 7, 2016

“Great customer service”

ProsWe researched many different EHRs before selecting Insync. We were impressed with the available flexibility available and ability to personalize the system to our own needs. Training was personalized and quite thorough. Insync created and have updated treatment plan templates that our staff created. Scheduling is quite easy, and the graphics are user-friendly and easy to navigate. Being mental health providers, there is a lot of functionality offered for physicians that is not relevant to us. The system is actually more sophisticated than necessary for our needs. Insync offers Customer service is always available, and Matt, in particular, has been very knowledgeable and responsive.
ConsThe report functions are the least advanced, but Insync is making efforts to improve these. Updates/improvements occur every 3 months.
Recommendations to other buyersI suggest asking questions about the availability of customer support, and the specifics of how much training is available to begin using their system.
August 7, 2016
Beth W.
September 16, 2019

“Good product, great price”

OverallOur previous EMR was too bulky and too expensive for what we got. It was very slow and hard to manage. Insync is much quicker and has some features that are significantly better.
ProsInsync has a quicker response time, streamlined features that work with smaller groups.
ConsSome things are quite counter-intuitive or more difficult than need be. A simple thing I found today...in the batch payments section, you cannot copy and paste an amount...when dealing with hospital stays, copy and paste amounts would be far quicker for multiple entries.
September 16, 2019
Nikki C.
Director of Operations
May 8, 2018

“A gem of a find!!!”

OverallWe looked for years for an affordable solution to our EMR needs....FINALLY...InSync!!!
ProsWe were in need of a software for our large mental health practice (60+ providers) that could be customized to meet all of the various requirements we have with our variety of contracts and accreditation. This is just that!! It is very user friendly and has improved the efficiency of our practice a great deal!! Our providers are loving it! The implementation process is a time commitment over 6-8 weeks, but the professionals at InSync were there every step of the way with prompt responses to questions and needs. We are also using the RCM (billing) services InSync offers...so far so good!
ConsWe are honestly so pleased with this software. There may be some minor things that would make our workflows better, but as we recognized those items, InSync put them in as requests for enhancements to their product. For example, we would love to have the ability to send out Client Satisfaction Surveys via the product, but this is not currently a feature.
May 8, 2018
Tonya M.
October 26, 2017

“ InSync is awesome!”

OverallTry InSync out. You won't regret it. It will make your practice run smoothly and their customer support team is always available to help with any questions or needs that you might have.
ProsThe ease of use. I am able to do everything I need to do to run my office efficiently all in one easy to use program. They are always looking for ways to make improvements to make my job better!
ConsI would like an easier way to find patient balances and co pays and balances when I am scheduling their appointments (less steps) but it isn't really a con. Honestly couldn't come up with one other than that
October 26, 2017
Bill N.
June 12, 2019

“Glad to have found inSync!”

OverallOverall the experience has been very positive. We had been using an EHR for 8 years prior to inSync. We were looking to make changes when we found inSync. inSync has not only been a useful EHR tool, but the transition from the former to inSync has gone very smoothly. inSync has been able to migrate data for over 12,000 patients effeciently with no interruption in providing clinical services. The whole transition was very smooth. Implementation was extremely helpful throughout the process. Now we are using a much improved EHR at reduced cost from our previous EHR!
ProsEase of use. Very user friendly. Also allows providers to thoroughly document appointments while streamlining the process, saving time without compromising clinical documentation. Navigating other tasks, follow up messages, prescription refills, are also streamlined for providers. Definitely saves time with its features and design.
ConsThe only negative I have is regarding its appointment reminder system. Needs to be fully automated. I'm told that's in the works and certainly hope that change is soon.
June 12, 2019
Dawn W.
April 12, 2019

“Insync has made our lives manageable.”

ProsThis software so far has been everything I had hoped for. Our office interviewed a number of other software companies and Insync was the only one that was able to accurately customize everything to our specific needs as a treatment facility. I am now able to run the whole office from A-B from the time a patient walks in the door until they leave us a year or two later. You get the feel right from the start that Insync truly cares about their clients and they definitely go out of their way during the implementation process.
ConsHonestly I can't think of any Cons at this point.
April 12, 2019
Edith L.
April 15, 2019

“EMR program review”

OverallThe implementation process was a bit difficult at the beginning but with the help of their dedicated professionals we were able to complete it on time.
ProsInSync allow you to personalize your EMR program according to your needs. It is easy to work with this program.
ConsWe needed to work in many issues to make it work for a pediatric practice. The end result is very satisfactory. Still needs a little polishing but very efficient to work with it.
April 15, 2019
Pierce F.
November 15, 2017

“If your looking for an EMR that will treat you like a partner look no further ”

OverallInSync dose a much better job of treating their customers like partners. They will listen to your needs and implement changes to improve the software for you.
ProsLooks good, easy to use, lots of options and combustibility, cloud based, great on mobile, updated often, and affordable. After using Medisoft and Greenway, InSync is by far the best software with the best customer support.
ConsThe biggest con would be the lack of reporting. InSync has all the basic reporting you would expect but I still find myself exporting data to excel for our Key Performance Indicators.
November 15, 2017
Scott C.
Program Manager
August 17, 2017

“Fundamentally sound”

OverallInsync is a great EMR system that tare of multiple businesses at the same time. We have a Behavioral/Mental Health business, Home Health Care, Adult Day Care Center, A Medical Center, and a Recovery Center all operating through Insync. They have gone above and beyond all expectations which has truly been a delight. If I ever need anything they have my back in helping me through any issues or changes.
ProsThe tech team is always willing to help out in a timely manner. They will have an answer to my question within 24 hours or less. The system is pretty user friendly and has mostly everything one can need. They have an extremely safe and secure cloud based system that knowing my Patient files are safe and sound.
ConsImplementation and developmental Phases of the system does take a lot of time and man hours. But you put in what you get out.
August 17, 2017
Veralynn G.
Medical Assistant
April 18, 2018

“Life saver! ”

ProsStaff was very helpful but most of all VERY PATIENT! I admired that greatly mostly because they basically had taught a medical staff of about 14 people how to run the program all on their own. It was a new program so knew nothing. The first day of training was the first day we went live so you can just imagine how that went. Everyone had questions left and right and they were very helpful and knowledgeable but most very calm. Their smile and positivity kept us going. They created templates on the spot, and if there was something that was not within their reach they contacted the support center.
ConsAlthough we can have the Internet Explorer open with the program it doesn't always function properly. It works best with Chrome Google. Also, the program takes longer than desired to go from one screen to another.
April 18, 2018
Chadwin A.
EMR Systems Specialist
August 2, 2016

“A product that brings our practice into the EMR revolution”

ProsWhat our organization found best about this product and vendor was the excellent customer service that we were given, and the custom tailored services that gave our organization the tools we needed to run, and manage our clinical practice. InSync solutions made our transition smooth and easy because we were able to customize the system to requirements we needed to fulfill as set by external regulatory bodies and federal government compliance with CMS.
ConsWhat I liked least about the product was the scheduler setup configuration tool primarily because the lag time experienced while trying to access this feature within the system.
Recommendations to other buyersMy biggest recommendation is that the system maintenance announcements be announced farther in advanced.
August 2, 2016
Samille F.
Executive Director
April 13, 2017

“Executive Director”

OverallOur agency has chosen InSync as our EMR and we are overly pleased. The software is adaptable to our practice needs so that all of our programs are accessible in just one system. The Team at InSync are experts in this field. Not only are they knowledgeable but are able to explain each step of the implementation process in everyday terms. I could not have asked for better Team Members for this project than Matt and Suzanne. The Team being available at any time for any question is definitely a plus. I consider them a part of my Team! I am sure that we made the best choice.
April 13, 2017
Tonya M.
Admin Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2016

“Great Experience!”

OverallWe have been using InSync since January 2016. We have had an excellent experience with customer service and training. If you ever have questions, they are there to help you! Has been a positive addition to the practice!
ProsThe software does everything our practice needs it to do. It is easy to use and they make updates to make it even better!
ConsI really have not had any negative experiences with this software so far. It makes things run more smoothly/
Recommendations to other buyersTry InSync. I think you will find you made the right choice for your business.
July 25, 2016
LeeAnn G.
Psychology Assistant
April 17, 2019

“Excellent System and Service”

OverallWe have received absolutely wonderful customer service throughout the process of implementation customization.
ProsI love how easy to use and customizable Insync is with regards to forms, numbers of different disciplines within a practice and numerous other factors.
ConsI would like to make the schedule itself more customizable insofar as being able to drag and drop blocked time frames and color code them, etc.
April 17, 2019
Miona G.
August 3, 2016

“InSync - a great work-altering experience!”

ProsOur rep has been with us every step of the way and is always solution-oriented when we run into a bit of a snag. She's professional and knowledgeable and always a pleasure to work with.
ConsCan't think of exactly what I would change about the claims and financial component because we've been, for the most part, very satisfied. There are several things I'd like to see changed on the scheduler end but, again, our rep helps us find solutions to most of our scheduling needs.
Recommendations to other buyersEvaluate several vendors, check references and read all the reviews you can find. Try not to make an overnight decision if you don't have to. InSync happened to be the first of the five products I researched and the one I came back to when it was time to commit.
Stephanie P.
July 26, 2016

“Wonderful and Simple to Use”

ProsThe product is incredibly intuitive and the programmers can manipulate the system to your needs. My favorite part is the flexibility of the sales staff, trainers and programmers in working with us for our specific needs. I would specifically like to mention Suzanne on the sale's side, and Matt on the implementation side; they are wonderful to work with!
ConsIt can be hard to catch bugs in the systems before you stumble over them, and there is little that the implementation crew or programmers can do before you notice there is an issue. They are however, very quick to fix any issues and if they can't, they offer other ideas and solutions to help.
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely do your homework. There are hundreds of companies that offer similar solutions, and some will absolutely fit your needs better than others. Insync really fits our needs, and I could not be happier.
Abdulghani A.
August 26, 2019

“Manager”

ProsPortal communication, E-forms, and payments. Encounter notes customization. To Dos
Consnot being able to integrate measures with encounter notes not being able to per-select who the patient can communicate with through the portal. some slowness every now and then.
August 26, 2019
Tim P.
SA Director
April 16, 2019

“Understanding the software”

OverallAs stated before inSync has made our jobs much easier by not having paper in our lives at work.
ProsThe freedom and flexibility to work around our schedules has made our jobs easier knowing that there were no paperwork to hold us back from completing our day to day operations.
ConsThe software appears to be great once everyone becomes more familiar with the tools of the software.
April 16, 2019
Amy E.
August 15, 2016

“Good user experience, some issues with reports”

ProsThe user experience is great, the software is easy to use and entering patient information and claims is simple. Clear and logical lay out and allows you several reports to double check claims and issues with rejections or denials.
ConsWe have had some issues with running reports using claim attributes and linking correct patient payment information to the correct contractor. We have worked with InSync and have gotten almost all of the issues resolved.
Recommendations to other buyersDo research and find out what your company is in need of. This seems like a good software to be able to manage companies from low to high claims per month. Def. gets the job done for our practice of 5-10 providers.
August 15, 2016
Flordeliza L.
Nephrologist/Physician
May 9, 2018

“Our office made the right choice in selecting inSync for our EMR software”

OverallSupport service with sales was really helpful and honest. Even after the sales phase, team followed up with us and is still available for questions. Team with the implementation department was so diligent with me, the physician of the group. Team spent much time orienting me and our biller and medical assistant. Any question I had, team was easily reachable by phone, email, or web meetings.
ProsThe in Sync staff have been really good to work with. From sales, to implementation phase, and now in support phase, they have all been very very helpful.
ConsI don't think there were any real cons. So far, I have had no problems with it. The support team is accessible for issues that arise, and so I have confidence everything will be all right as we transition from implementation to active phase.
May 9, 2018
Jessica G.
President/Owner
June 4, 2019

“Bye, Bye, Bye...”

OverallIt has been a LIFE SAVER moving from the system that we were using (Laserfische) to InSync. It is all that we have hoped it would be. We as a company have had many other things that been promised to be this good and have been a big build up just to be a huge let down, it has been such and blessing for InSync to truly be all that you said it would be.
ProsI like that this is four systems in one. I love that we were not only trained over the phone, but that trainers came to the office and trained each and every staff member completely.
ConsTruly, we have not found the what we don't like yet... the only thing may be when we bring on a new staff and have to train them ourself.
June 4, 2019
CJ J.
Vice President
July 28, 2016

“Easy to use”

ProsThe EMR part for providers is user friendly and the billing and reporting systems flow together well. Overall the platform used is easy to operate and the continued updating of the reports allows great flexibility.
ConsPart of the team is not in the USA and it makes it a little difficult at times for timely communication. I would like to see this vendor have their entire team here in the USA.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the ease for the providers as well as the ability to pull MU, PQRS and other quality metrics that you'll need for reporting.
July 28, 2016
Natasha C.
Registered Nurse / Office Manager
April 29, 2019

“InSync EMR ”

OverallGreat!!! So far, everyone from technical support, on site training team to our implementation specialist - the customer service has been fantastic. The specialist has been wonderful and is always available by phone or do to do zoom meetings to ensure any questions / supplemental training is met with success.
ProsIntuitive, every screen allows you to navigate appropriately to another screen that keeps the processing moving (adding a patient, updating payments, viewing receipts and so forth).
ConsRefunding clients should be a more seamless process, other than that so far I really like all aspects of the software.
April 29, 2019
Steve P.
3.5/5

“I love the product”

ProsI am in the mental health field and I love that I have been able to set up some custom note taking that meet our needs. I also love the training that I have received from my rep. She is have always been there to answer my questions and worked so well with my entire staff. She is AWESOME!!
ConsI have no complaints at this time. I would like to get the cost of the product more reasonable. It is very expensive.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend that they give themselves times to get to know it as there are so many things to learn
Nikki C.
Operations Manager
March 14, 2019

“Worth it!”

OverallWe are finally able to utilize and see the functionality of the virtual/text reminder calls (just need to be able to pinpoint when they accepted or cancelled) For the most part the staff and providers are happy with the change.
ProsI like that they are always implementing enhancements. Its goes a long way with me to see new features and functionality being implemented. This way I know my software is meeting and exceeding the needs I have and may have in the future.
Consthat the medication module was a separate feature and some things didn't easily transfer over. Like dx codes and medications
March 14, 2019
Kimberly H.
CFO
October 15, 2015

“Software and Support that is molded to your practice needs”

ProsThe product was demonstrated multiple times to several of our clinicians and admin staff, showing us all the areas that could be modified to our style and area of expertise. The scheduler with its insurance verification real time eligibility, reminder calls capability, and ease of viewing icon based program features are awesome. We have the full software system from beginning to end. The Insync system has changed our facility for the best.
ConsI have to honestly say that this vendor has done everything that was promised, and continues to do so. The product continues to work excellently.
Recommendations to other buyersTake the time to view the demos with the assistance of the vendor. Walk through each area and slow things down as you need to, to understand how it will work for you. Ask what areas can be changed, take notes and keep getting the demos until you have all your questions answered and feel the comfort level you will need. I also recommend the onsite training. We had our clinicians up and running and never looked back. We have very happy clinicians with our new Insync system.
mara l.
clinical director
May 24, 2019

“InSync EMR review”

OverallImplementation specialist was a former health care provider and understood the workflow/roles and responsibilities of various providers which made creating and customizing templates easy. She was able to provide helpful suggestions regarding formatting and flow.
Proscustomizeable to our practice. Easy to incorporate multiple and varying provider roles/charting requirements into a fluid charting sequence
Conschoice of third party e-prescribing software. Support has to rely on third party for response which can delay fixing a problem
May 24, 2019
Jody W.
Executive Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
April 1, 2019

“InSync Implementation Review”

OverallImplementation went much smoother than anticipated. We are pleased overall with the product.
ProsThe product was very easy to use, even for those who had limited computer skills. The software and implementation teams were very quick to complete our change requests and answer our questions.
ConsAs a residential services provider, it was a challenge to adjust to a product designed for outpatient services. I was hoping to replace all of our outdated software, but the system was not able to address my reporting needs.
April 1, 2019