BuzzStream Ratings

Overall

About BuzzStream

Web-based product that helps companies build relationships and awareness about their offerings through link building and social media. Learn more about BuzzStream

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2018

“This is a PR power-tool”

ProsI've used buzzstream for a couple of years to amplify my content and it's been treating me well. The tools are easy to learn and people understand how they work quickly when I have to train new marketers. The analytics are coming along okay when it comes to opens.... it's not perfect but it does the job. I like being able to use the templates when doing lots of campaigns, that works okay. Integrations in the future?
ConsBuzzstream - PLEASE GET BETTER DATA! A lot of the emails I sent don't get read or replied to. They're often scraping a general email address. I would love it if you guys actually scraped the individual page and not just the domain. This would allow me to be far more specific with my messaging. Am I missing something when trying to do that? Lastly, I'm noticing that all emails are being sent out directly through my domain/IP. Do you offer something that allows me to redirect them through a different alias or something? If I do enough outreach you put me at risk of being black listed for spamming people.
January 23, 2018
Nik D.
Owner and CEO
April 4, 2018

“The golden standard for outreach”

OverallAn easy to use system that keeps all my outreach in one spot.
ProsI've been using BuzzStream for YEARS and it's always evolving and growing. The features they have are exactly what's needed when doing outreach for brand and authority building for your website. I've yet to find anything that comes close!
ConsAs they've grown, I think it's been more difficult for them to implement the ideas that people have thrown at them, so sometimes it feels like updates don't come out "fast enough", but the silver lining with this is, they make sure things work 100% and will be useful before releasing them.
April 4, 2018
Dan R.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
March 9, 2018

“Build better relationships online reaching out to websites via Buzzstream.”

OverallWith Buzzstream I am able to do my link building efficiently without having to worry about manually tracking which sites have contacted or not.
ProsA lot! The ability to import prospects. The use of Buzzmarker when you come across a site that interests you. The ability to create and use email template and the way you can customize them. You can schedule follows automatically through their Sequence feature!
ConsI wish their customer support was more responsive. I've reached out to them via email a few times, however most of the time I had to wait longer than expected to get an answer. But when I did it was very helpful.
March 9, 2018
Jonny C.
SEO Executive
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
March 26, 2019

“Good outreach addition once you get used to it...”

OverallThis is an integral part of any serious outreach strategy if you produce your own organic content. We have found this to save time in both prospecting and in the actions of reaching out to people and improving content visibility.
ProsYou are able to easily store and manage outreach contacts in a centralised location. With the free Chrome plugin you can also do this on the go as you actively prospect new targets. You can also segment different contacts for different projects and track progress, making it easy to use for standalone campaigns as well as monthly. It will also carry out automatic checks for contact info and website metrics such as DA and monthly visitors which removes a lot the leg work for data storing. The customisation options for composing and sending emails is also a huge time-saver, assuming your email setup allows the integration of this feature.
ConsUser interface isn't the most friendly and has a very much function over style feel to it. Considering this is a pay tool, you would expect the menu options/front-end functionality to be a bit more modern I think.
March 26, 2019
Roman D.
Seo and Convertion Rate Manager
11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“The best option for Outreach”

ProsThis tool is wonderful, if you really need to work on outreach or link building. There is no better option out there, powerful CRM, complete integration with the MOZ API, user friendly, very intuitive. If you regularly manage your links prospects with excel or google sheet. Let me tell you that your productivity will increase 4 or 5 times with Buzzstream.
ConsBuzzstream in my opinion is wonderful tool with great customer support but with weak community, and a lack of content and examples of how to get the most of the tool. If you compare it with tools like Moz, Semrush or Ahrefs there are a huge amount of articles of how to use it, study case, step by step guides, examples and so on. I mean, who wants to read 30 or 40 pages of documentation to config a simple setting. Nobody right.
July 10, 2018
Isaac P.
Web Developer
201-500 employees
July 21, 2018

“Great for outreach”

ProsYou can rapidly pop that crome extension open up to mark a site in the Buzzstream database, and from there you can rapidly send out an e-mail with a pre-saved design template. This makes outreach unbelievably quickly.
ConsI do not believe Buzzstream properly records backlinks from sites and who is opening your e-mails. I have actually had several circumstances of individuals reacting to my e-mails even when Buzzstream states they were never ever opened.
July 21, 2018
Nathan R.
SEO Specialist
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 1, 2019

“Saves Time on Email Blasts”

OverallFor now, we see no better alternative.
ProsThis program is great for mass outreach and email blasts. We love it!
ConsBuzzstream can be a little clunky at times. It tends to run slow.
August 1, 2019
April 26, 2018

“Excellent customer service for a solid tool that helps with getting work done faster.”

ProsI really do like the chrome extension, since I use chrome the most, even on my mac. It is super fast to record a website in the Buzzstream database. From there you can send an email quickly by using a pre-saved template. Outreach is FAST! The reminder feature is good.
ConsOften it seems like BuzzStream does not accurately records backlinks from websites. Also you don't really know who is opening your emails. There are other services like MailTrack that I like.
April 26, 2018
Leah L.
Virtual Assistant
Internet, Self-employed
January 2, 2019

“Pretty good!”

OverallI use BZ daily for my outreach and it helps me stay organized since I work with various projects each day.
ProsIt didn't take me long to learn the basics
ConsI find it glitches a lot on me but I know BZ is working to fix any issues.
January 2, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Perfect Outreach tool for link builders”

OverallMy experience with buzzstream has been great. I have been using it for about 1.5 years and it has continuously got better thereby increasing my effectiveness as a link builder.
ProsI really like how affordable the basic plan is. Moreover they provide most of the features in the basic plan so you don't feel missing out!
ConsI don't like the built in email finding ability of the tool. It rarely provides email addresses and even if it does, you don't know for sure if the email will bounce or not.
August 31, 2018
11-50 employees
March 1, 2018

“Great tool for influencer outreach and more!”

ProsHonestly, I really like this tool! I don't have enough good things to say. I like that it keeps all my communication with influencers in one place and allows me to research new influencers. This is a great tool for anyone looking for an all-in-one solution for influencer marketing or link building. I also use this in conjunction with their chrome extension and it makes storing potential leads info that much easier!
ConsI really don't like that the discover section is only available for Twitter. That is not very useful for me and limits what I can do on this software.
March 1, 2018
Rebecca B.
Account Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2019

“Great Outreach tool for all of your link building campaigns! ”

ProsWe've had great deliverability with Buzzstream - so its not ending up in promotions folders or spam. I love the automated sequences and its easy to organize campaigns. I only use a limited part of the features, but its very worth it for the features I use!
ConsThe chrome extension could be better. It always pulls incorrect contact info. I have to use Buzzstream alongside email hunter to every get any contacts. I also wish I could create projects/campaigns within the extension. I have to go into the web app to create a new folder.
February 15, 2019
Ben T.
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2019

“Very good for blogger outreach”

OverallI'm using Buzzstream to manage link building and outreach. It's SO much more sophisticated than doing it manually, and prevents embarrassing errors like contacting prospects multiple times. It's also a well priced system compared to others.
ProsOnce you understand how Buzzstream works, you can create a really solid workflow for outreach. I particularly like the Chrome extension which allows you to add suitable prospects to your projects while you're browsing the web. The software is packed with features, so there's rather a lot to take in, but the trade-off is that it is a pretty fully-fledged CRM system, with a fair bit of automation possible.
ConsThe learning curve really is steep. Some elements of the software aren't completely intuitive, so you do have to persevere until you get used to it. For me, this isn't a deal-breaker as I do now understand what I'm doing, but some features are less than obvious.
September 6, 2019
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great for SEO”

OverallVery positive would definitly use this program again
ProsI used this software to improve the SEO of the company i was working for at the time. It was great at finding mailadresses and was very easy to use as a mail program at the same time.
ConsSometimes the templates didnt do exactly what i wanted which caused me to sent a few wrong emails but at the same time its also my fault for being to hasty and not checking.
November 30, 2018
Danielle O.
Technical SEO Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 15, 2018

“Used the tool for a year+ but find there are better tools out there that provided more functionality”

OverallNot the worst, but could have been much better. Was using the tool around 2 years ago so things may have improved since then.
ProsAll link building contacts kept in one place (rather than creating clunky Excel documents). The Chrome extension pulled contact info directly from a web page which was super useful.
ConsFound that email trails were getting lost/not updating correctly. Functionality was pretty clunky i.e. inability to add a link building contact to more than one project/client. More detailed tutorials on setup/usage would have been helpful.
December 15, 2018
Kinga O.
Contributing Writer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 17, 2019

“Must-have for marketers”

ProsBuzzStream is great for starting and managing PR relations and verifying influencers. Outreach marketing is so much easier if you have some great support and BuzzStream helped us with many processes for outreach campaigns. Highly recommended!
ConsIt can be overwhelming at first if you have never used a tool like this, but other than that it is so helpful that you simply need to give it a go.
February 17, 2019