ECAP Ratings

Overall

About ECAP

ECAP (Every Child A Priority) is a research-backed placement matching system that improves outcomes for children in foster care. ECAP weighs child and family characteristics and returns a list of families who are most likely to provide a stable placement for a specific child or sibling group. University research showed that ECAP improves placement stability by 22.5% and reduces time to permanency by 12%. ECAP easily interfaces with other software systems to eliminate double data entry. Learn more about ECAP

Cletus O.
FSCW11
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
July 31, 2019

“Advantages and Disadvantages of ECAP”

OverallMy overall experience with ECAP is good.
ProsECAP gives one a comprehensive view of the number of children placed in a home, like in my type of job where placing and removing children from placement resource homes is a part of my job. ECAP shows when a child is placed/removed in a home and where the child was prior to the last placement. It establishes the preferences or types of behavioral issues the host family will be willing to accept by stating the behavioral challenges a child in need of placement has. It is a good matching tool for children and families. It also establishes the number of open spaces in a home and the limit of placement each home can take at any given time.
ConsThe shortcoming of the software as I see it is that I, as a frequent user cannot remove a child's name from a home if the child is no longer in the home and the staff responsible for exiting the child from the placement fails to do so. The problem this creates is that it gives a false impression that the child who is not there is there and the home is full when it is not.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Cletus, thanks for reviewing ECAP! We are glad that you are having a good experience with ECAP. Regarding your problem with other staff & data entry, each of our customer agencies sets up their configuration differently. If your management team want to change permissions so more staff have access to remove children from the home, we would be happy to help with that!
July 31, 2019
Jo B.
CHILD PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
July 18, 2019

“AMAZING SOFTWARE PRODEUCT!”

OverallECAP IT IS A GREAT ORGANIZATIONAL TOOL THAT EFFECTIVELY ASSESSES SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL, MENTAL HEALTH MEDICAL NEEDS OF NEW ENTRANTS OR CHILDREN CONTINUING IN FOSTER. IN ADDITION, CASE WORKER'S/SUPERVISOR'S IN CHILD WELFARE, CAN CREATE, REVIEW, AND OR UPDATE RECORDS AS NEEDED AT ANY TIME.
ProsI MOST LIKE THE LINK TO "MANAGE GROUPS" OF SIBLINGS, A REALITY THAT OFTEN PRESENTS IN CHILD WELFARE/CPS. IN ADDITION, I LIKE THE "ACROSS THE BOARD FORMAT" FOR THE STANDARDIZED ASSESSMENT AND THE INCLUSION OF DIALOGUE BOXES, WHICH ALLOW WORKERS TO CREATE INDIVIDUAL COMMENTS AS NEEDED.
ConsTHIS IS A NOT EXACTLY A "CON" BECAUSE SOME CHILDREN HAVE HIGHLY EXTENSIVE NEEDS, OR SITUATIONS THAT REQUIRE MULTIPLE RE-PLACEMENTS. IF ECAP MATCHES HAVE BEEN EXHAUSTED FOR A PARTICULAR CHILD COMING INTO FOSTER CARE, ECAP USERS CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION THAT THE CHILD REQUIRES A HIGHER LEVEL OF CARE.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Jo, Thanks for reviewing ECAP! We are so glad that you are having a positive experience and that it is helping you in your important work with children and families. As always, email me or use the ECAP Feedback button if you run into any issues or questions. -Eve Anderson
July 18, 2019
Rajkumar B.
CPRU Coordinator
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
July 17, 2019

“THE FUTURE OF CHILD PLACEMENT IS HERE”

OverallFinding a suitable placement for a child entering out of home care has been made easier.
ProsIt is user friendly, does not require much training to operate the software. It provides at command a listing of foster care placements available and or are appropriate for the placement of a child in out of home care. ECAP is a ready reference to see where a child has been placed by just the search . It takes away all the hassles of creating files, searching through notes. Right there at the press of a button.
ConsSometimes the soft ware runs slowly as it populates quite a lot of data. However there has been improvements in this area.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Rajkumar, Thanks for reviewing ECAP! We are happy that you are finding it to be helpful in finding families for the children in care. We will continue working to reduce any delays processing data.
Brooke R.
Placement Liason
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

“Ecap review”

OverallThe customer service has been good, but I have not found the program helpful in locating placements, unless I'm looking for a newborn baby and it matches many options.
ProsI like that it provides the best matches for kids based on multiple factors, and ranks the matches based on percentages.
ConsIt often does not create matches for any of our kids. It can be very slow. It also does not accurately reflect when a home can not take mixed gendered sib groups, and will show homes as a match that are not actually a match. Some of the questions do not apply to the age group of the child. Some of the questions are too broad and rule out kids based on incidents. There is no way to be able to explain or justify past behaviors and improvements. I think it is too black and white.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 11, 2018
Brooke, thanks for your review. We are currently working on a solution for the mixed-gendered sibling groups. I think we can easily address some of your other concerns, too, such as showing questions for certain age ranges. Also, there are some customer settings that affect when families are ruled out as a match for kids; we may need to simply adjust the settings for you. I'll reach out to you so we can talk more about your needs.
Tonya S.
Coodrinator
Public Policy, 201-500 employees

“ECAP REVIEW”

OverallMore accessible, easier to navigate and the ability to create automatic emails to ask non-ECAP staff about the status of a given placement.
ProsSuccessfully supports data entered. Supervisors now have the ability to edit and end date placements. Expanded Contact Log History on Best Match Page so it shows all contacts for this particular intake, instead of capping the number of entries. And, the new add/remove some of the drop-down options for Contact Logs (when calling families from the Best Match List)
ConsData doesn't actually store in putted info. If for some reason I leave the page, I have to reenter the information that I last submitted. It doesn't show which kids wait the longest (Reporting feature).

By Foster Care Technologies on July 25, 2019
Tonya, Thanks for your review. I'm glad ECAP has been helpful for you. I'll be looking into how to implement some of the features you mentioned in your review. Please reach out to me at any time if you need something! -Eve Anderson
Lanique H.
Placement Coordinator
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees

“ECAP review”

OverallECAP has helped our agency tremendously in our efforts to identify placement resources for Foster Kids. It has been a time saving tool that adds to our efficiency.
ProsProgram is really easy to navigate and easy customize to fit your organizational needs.
Cons system slows down sometimes when imputing information.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Lanique, Thanks for your review! We're so glad that you've found ECAP to be helpful in the important work you do. We will continue working to reduce any slow-down issues. Let me know if you need anything in the future. -Eve Anderson
Angie F.
Licensing and Placement Supervisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
October 12, 2018

“ECAP- CHWCS”

OverallWe really have enjoyed utilizing the descriptions and will take/will consider/would not prefer for discussions with our foster families. It helps the families understand the types of children that come into care. When pulling up potential matches, it does not seem to make sense with why some homes are pulled and others are not. There lacks the human aspect of it with the information that we know for sure about our foster homes.
ProsThe overall idea is great and could be very beneficial for the concept.
ConsThere are a lot of people involved/utilizing this program. It is difficult for everything to match up perfectly in order to have the best outcomes. This can be because of the large amount of foster homes and children in Milwaukee too.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 15, 2018
Angie, thanks for your feedback! We are designing some features to make it clear why certain families didn't match to a child. I'll reach out to talk about other changes we can make to improve your experience.
October 12, 2018
Myisha M.
Social Worker
Human Resources, 10,001+ employees
September 12, 2019

“ECAP Review from a Daily User”

OverallOverall experience is great.
ProsThe software is user-friendly. There is also a quick update when alternating screens.
ConsThere are other options that we need to detail that are not listed on the dropdown. Adding an "other" option which we can insert another reason would benefit us for accurate reason.

By Foster Care Technologies on September 16, 2019
Myisha, thanks for reviewing ECAP! We are so glad that you are having a good experience. We can easily update your dropdown options! I'll reach out to you directly about that. -Eve Anderson
Mary B.
Child Placement Resource Coordinator
Human Resources, 5001-10,000 employees

“ECAP User 1”

ProsIt is user friendly. Gives options for correct information
ConsThere is nothing that I like least about this software

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Mary, Thank you for submitting a review about ECAP. We are glad that you find the system to be user-friendly and helpful. Feel free to use the ECAP Feedback button if you need anything from me in the future. -Eve Anderson
Christie B.
Family Service Caseworker Supervisor
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“ECAP”

OverallI like ECAP overall
ProsIt's easy to naviagate and to understand.
ConsI can't see my workers client on my dashboard.

By Foster Care Technologies on September 13, 2019
Christie, Thanks for reviewing ECAP! I'm glad you are enjoying it! I'm might have a solution for the dashboard item you mentioned - I'll send you an email.
Andrea L.
Licesning and Placement Supervisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees

“ECAP Review”

OverallI've been eager to see what ECAP has had to offer and appreciate it for children 0-4 years old with low needs. But there is a sense of humanness that is needed to do matching for children. I've enjoyed working with the ECAP team as they are always inquiring about our needs and willing to make changes.
ProsI like the matching preferences used as it is a really good talking tool for our families. I like the user ability and the willingness to improve/change things based on our needs. I like that all of the children who are in need of a placement are pending on the intake list to provide a quick snapshot.
ConsThe tool is only as useful as the homes that we have available and removes the humanness out of the process.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 11, 2018
Andrea, thanks for your review. Your feedback helps us keep improving ECAP. I'd like to talk with you about what we can change to incorporate more of the humanness into the system. I'll reach out to you directly.
Katherine P.
Intake Placement Liaision
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“ECAP Review”

Overalltracking of all of the open foster homes
ProsI like that it is able to keep track of children and foster homes in one place. It is user friendly in searching out children and foster homes.
Consoften when cases first come in we don't always know the answers to the questions being asked so usually it is unknown. It also doesn't take licensing considerations like youth not being able to share rooms if they are mixed genders above a certain age.

By Foster Care Technologies on October 11, 2018
Katherine, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are working on a design to resolve the gender issue. I'd like to talk to you about what we can change so that you feel good about ECAP and its role in your work. I'll reach out to you directly.
chante H.
Social worker
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“clients”

Overallwe provide foster children with a caretaker that will provide for them.
ProsI can look up caretaker and foster children easily.
Consother people can change information when I' m responsible for the information

By Foster Care Technologies on September 13, 2019
Chante, thanks for reviewing ECAP! We're glad you like the functionality! We are continuing to work on projects to make it even better.
calu b.
Unit Administrator
Individual & Family Services, 1001-5000 employees

“ECAP review”

OverallN/A
ProsIt provides an easier way to search for available resource homes
ConsStill learning how to maneuver the systems

By Foster Care Technologies on October 14, 2019
Calu, Thanks for reviewing ECAP! I'm so glad that it has been helpful to your staff. Please let me know if I can do anything to help with learning the system/ training staff. We could set up a Q & A training refresher, if that would be helpful. -Eve Anderson