Anedot Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.9/5

About Anedot

Anedot is a donation platform that empowers campaigns to raise more money with less effort (web, FB, mobile app, or SMS). Learn more about Anedot

Ryan P.
COO
October 26, 2016

“ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS”

OverallI have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The user friendliness they offer saves time and eliminates problems. The multiple options that they have provides for fast and efficient workflow that I allows me to provide the best of service to my clients. Anedot's prices are extremely competitive, although I would choose their service over any others even if their fees were doubled. Although they excel in all fields , I would have to say that the one thing that sticks out from working with them is their customer service., which in my 10 years experience is unprecedented. With other companies, you are lucky to find an email address of an actual representative in case of questions or issues. With Anedot, I have multiple email addresses and direct phone numbers of Anedot reps. Communication has never been an issue. Not only are they always there, but they reach out and contact me in regards to any issues or potential issues as soon as they happen to keep me in the loop and on top of everything./ They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions. And the politeness of anyone I have evr talked to from Anedot is and always has been welcoming and uplifting. It may at this point sound like I work for them and are just fillin gout the best review possible to help my company. That is not the case however. All of these things are 100% true and accurate, and personally, I am so busy right now with the election 2 weeks away, I don't have time to write reviews on anything.- But as a small piece of gratitude for all that they have done for me over the last few years, I will make time. Anedot is the best of the best.
ProsRecommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.
ConsI got nothing.

By Anedot on October 26, 2016
Ryan, Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy! Thanks again :) Here to help!
October 26, 2016
Brandon J.
MacTech Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Anedot Increased Our Online Giving”

OverallThe experience has been great. Our online giving increased. The customer support has been fantastic.
ProsI love the features and the customization. One reason I believe our giving increased when we switched from PayPal to Anedot is the fact that Anedot allowed us to carry our branding over to the giving platform, so you still feel like you are within our website. You have our logo, our colors, our campaign description, etc. I also love that the developers are continuing to enhance the product. When we first switched, Anedot was limited to card transactions. Now we have ACH. Other enhancement requests that I have submitted, I learned were already in the works. They are ahead of the game.
ConsYou have the ability to run reports showing the transaction history, but they are on-demand reports, meaning someone has to log in to run them. I would like to see these scheduled to run monthly and automatically email to the user.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Brandon, Thank you for your thoughtful review. We rely heavily on customer feedback, so we always appreciate reviews. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
September 28, 2018
Jacob S.
Communications Director
September 24, 2019

“Great donation service!”

OverallMy overall experience has been extremely positive - I have really nothing bad to say, only a few improvements that could possibly be made.
ProsI really like how intuitive the online dashboard is. It allows even an inexperienced user to perform advanced functions, see donor information, and more. I also like how responsive the support team is - they had me up and running the very next day, literally within hours.
ConsI don't like that there aren't many customization features, particularly when it comes to sharing the donation page onto your own website. They try to force you to use the Anedot website to take donations, which I don't like as it takes away from the customization options that should be available.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Jacob, Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. Happy to hear you have had a positive experience with Anedot! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
September 24, 2019
Carol R.
Bookkeeper
October 18, 2016

“Anedot is the BEST”

OverallAnedot has been a life-saver! I came across them when they were first starting and I was looking for a system that would give me the necessary information to file with State Elections. They were the only system available who adapted their program and added the items I needed to file in my state. They are always available when there is a problem with a wonderful staff! Anyone who needs a quality system, with staff who treat you like family...look no farther, you have found them!! They are THE BEST!!!
ProsEverything about them!
ConsI haven't found any!!
Recommendations to other buyersEasy to use and adaptable to all needs!! It keeps evolving with extra touchs that have only made the system!!

By Anedot on October 19, 2016
Thanks for the kind review Carol! We appreciate your feedback over the years helping us continually improve the product! Great things ahead!
October 18, 2016
Jeremy M.
Deputy Fundraising Director
September 25, 2018

“Anedot is the best out there for fundraising! team are like family to us.”

OverallVery happy that over a year ago we made the switch to Anedot. I'll never forget my first interaction with Anedot. We got a new client at the firm and I noticed he had it instead of the usual ActBlue. I called after-hours to inquire and left a voicemail---the next thing I know the CEO is calling me at night. I felt terrible at first, thinking I hit the wrong number, but he quickly explained he monitored after-hours messages.
ProsEasy to use, quick, and great customer service. Love the chat feature. Everything is just simple. You can resolve most issues without even having to pick up the phone.
ConsNo complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Jeremy, Thank you for the review. Always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
September 25, 2018
Paul K.
October 19, 2016

“PDS Review”

OverallI'm a fan of the product though we use it pretty narrowly. I would like to see the ability to download activity that ties in with the transfer to the bank account. From my perspective that would be more efficient for bank reconciliations.
ProsClean simple interface.
ConsData entry sequencing could be better. When keying in donors for processing, it sort of jumps around the fields in an awkward way. Add a field for Source Code for the reciept.

By Anedot on October 19, 2016
Thanks for the feedback Paul! We're working to get those reports automated soon and have some exciting updates for the internal form also coming (including source codes for the internal keyed donations)! Great things ahead!
October 19, 2016
Jason C.
Mayoral Candidate
Government Administration, Self-employed
October 8, 2018

“Anedot - Reliable Service - A Must Have”

OverallI've used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.
ProsThe flexiblity and integration with other software tools. It works great with Facebook Pages or just in sharing the link.
ConsThe only downside is the bank's timeframe for processing the deposits and that is not something Anedot can control.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Jason, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
October 8, 2018
September 14, 2018

“Anedot is great for raising money in a user friendly, donor friendly platform”

OverallAnedot has great customer service and is very easily accessible. Great team and product! Best in the business.
ProsI love the customizable donate pages and the data collection tools.
ConsI like least the lack of integrations with email marketing opportunities - an integration with mailchimp or another email sender would be a huge asset for campaigns.

By Anedot on September 26, 2019
Thanks for the review! To clarify, we have integrations with many email marketing tools, as well as integrations with Zapier and WebHooks (used to connect with 1,500+ third-party apps). We appreciate the feedback! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
James A.
Executive Financial Officer
Political Organization, Self-employed
September 18, 2018

“Only place for political campaigns”

OverallI am a political consultant for 16 campaigns in Maryland from the Governor to local county races.
ProsI have been using Anedot for about seven years and I have expanded my client list and they all use Anedot. It's easy to use, integrates with websites seamlessly and the customer service is exceptional.
ConsThe one feature I would like to see is an export filter from last export.

By Anedot on September 26, 2019
James, Thank you for being a long-time, valuable user of Anedot! We appreciate the review and the feedback! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
LOY S.
Accountant
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Anedot for Non-Profit Organizations - Review”

OverallAnedot has provided an easy to implement solution for online payments for our non-profit. We are very satisfied with the service.
ProsAnedot is easy to set up and can be used on a website for online payments or for online donations in the case of a non-profit entity. The Anedot administrator dashboard is easy to navigate and contains all the information an accountant would need for proper reporting. Anedot has made improvements recently that allow online donations to be automatically transferred to the bank account you designate with frequencies of your choice: every 2 days, weekly or monthly.
ConsCredit card processing fees are slightly above normal.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Loy, We appreciate the review and the feedback! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
November 27, 2018
Deborah O.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Why Anedot?”

OverallMy donors feel a sense of security donating on this platform. I enjoy working with the team at Anedot.
ProsEasy to use and affordable fees. Very efficient
Cons funds transfer wasn't always immediate, but better now

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Deborah, Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Thanks again. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Anedot is a great tool”

OverallI would definitely recommend Anedot. Their product and support are top-notch. We will continue to use them in the future.
ProsAnedot is a great tool for raising money. We use it for most of our non-profit work and small political campaigns. They have everything you need and they make reporting a breeze.
ConsThe setup process can take a few days to make sure that you are not a scammer or running a fraud.

By Anedot on October 10, 2019
Thank you for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear that you are pleased with our product and customer service! As you mentioned, we take the verification process very seriously. Our team examines each account and stops scammers before they can cause harm to donors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
October 9, 2019

“Game Changer! ”

ProsAnedot's ease of use has allowed me to spend less time dialing for dollars and more time getting all my other work in order! I was amazed after my first day using the app and realizing I'd garnered nearly in small donations just through text messages and a post on social media! Anedot allows you to save phone time for the heavy lifting and gives your core donor group the ease of one-click contributions. Total game changer!
ConsI'm really excited that PayPal has been added on, the next step and hopefully this happens immediately Anedot adds on squarecash capabilities. My only real challenge with the software so far is not the software itself, but getting the same message from donors again and again "Can I cashapp you?"

By Anedot on September 26, 2019
Thank you for the thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you already seeing an increase in donations! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
Timothy B.
Digital Marketing Manager
September 19, 2018

“Best features and customer service ”

OverallAnedot is the only donation processor I'd recommend to folks. The customer service is unmatched, is raises more money, makes reporting simple, and it's easy to setup.
ProsThe upsell, recurring, and donor recovery features are awesome. Easy to clone campaigns as well.
ConsToggling back and forth between a campaign is a little tedious. If you're editing within a sub campaign and finish, you're taken back to the full menu again.

By Anedot on September 30, 2019
Timothy, Thank you for taking the time to review Anedot. We always appreciate thoughtful feedback! Please let us know if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
James F.
Clincal Veterinarian/Assistant Research Professor
Biotechnology, 5001-10,000 employees
September 18, 2018

“Anedot is Perfect for Local Elections”

OverallI am a treasurer for a local school board campaign.
ProsThe software is easy to use and has plenty of features. I like the you can require certain text fields for taking donations. For example, you can require the person's occupation.
ConsI wish that the mobile app let you swipe credit cards.

By Anedot on September 27, 2019
James, Thank you for the review! While we don't manufacture our own card readers, our mobile app is compatible with certain third-party card readers. Feel free to contact us and we will recommend a physical card reader that works with the app! There is also a scan feature available for use on our app that allows you to scan the donor's card with the mobile device's camera. This scan function captures the same information that the card reader captures. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
July 26, 2018

“Fantastic Donation Platform for Non-Profits”

ProsEase of use, the low learning curve, and customer support. The interface is remarkably easy to use and very intuitive. The customer support is A+. Always very responsive to any requests or inquiries.
ConsThere are not a lot of analytic tools within Anedot. I'd like to see them build out some more advanced/sophisticated ways of seeing where the donors came from. There is a Google Analytic integration, but I'd prefer an in-app analytic experience.

By Anedot on September 14, 2018
Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! I'd love to hear from you and see what types of analytics would be most useful so that we can work to build-in more ways for you to measure and analyze your success on the platform. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
July 26, 2018
Bruce S.
Sustainability Coordinator
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2018

“A great fundraising experience”

OverallI really enjoy the software. I want to see it better publicized so that it is recognized as a household name like PayPal this would alleviate a lot of the apprehension Gen Xers and Babyboomers have with this software.
ProsIt was simple to use and integrate into my social media and email accounts
ConsMany people express unfamiliarity with the software and are apprehensive to utilize it

By Anedot on September 26, 2019
Bruce, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy using Anedot. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
Brendan B.
Chief Of Staff
Political Organization, Self-employed
September 14, 2018

“Found on a recommendation, Anedot has lived up to the recommendation!”

ProsIt was easy to use and navigate. There are still somethings that you have to learn but the flow of the site makes it so that with little experience you can figure it out.
ConsIt does not work well with a mobile browser.

By Anedot on September 19, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! To clarify, the donation forms work very well on mobile browsers but account center for adjusting donation forms is not fully mobile optimized.
Arthur T.
IT Developer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2018

“Great donation service”

OverallIt is a good donor site for me. They do cost slightly more for donations under compared to other such services so you really have to look at what donation types you plan to be getting mostly. It is a good service though.
ProsThey are very concerned about security and verifying who is using the service to collect money/donations. I got a phone call from them about setting up a new account. Creating a new account is pretty easy. It is not hard to get up and running.
ConsI wish they had a bit more features like creating widgets to put on a website. I was slightly confused for just a short period about setting up a donation site versus my person account, but it was easy to figure out. The controls, like any new things, may be confusing at first but just go through them to familiarize yourself.

By Anedot on September 26, 2019
Arthur, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We always appreciate thoughtful feedback! Please let us know if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
August 10, 2018
Greg P.
Client Coordinator
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Anedot is a Great Solution for Online Fundraising”

OverallSaving time and very easy to use.
ProsVery easy to use and quick to setup multiple campaigns.
ConsSometimes difficult to use text formatting in campaign text editor (text size will change, unable to underline although looks like it in editor, unable to use links).

By Anedot on September 27, 2019
Greg, Thanks for using Anedot! We appreciate the review and the feedback! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot
September 24, 2018