OneCause Ratings

Overall

About OneCause

OneCause fundraising software (formerly BidPal) offers an intuitive, reliable and affordable solution. Providing the ability to manage multiple fundraising events/campaigns annually allowing any sized organization to connect more donors to your cause. Features include: event management | auction item & package tracking | BidPal Mobile Bidding | ticket & sponsorships | table management | online auctions & stores | reporting & analytics | Text2Give | online, phone & email support Learn more about OneCause

Caleb R.
January 5, 2017

“An Honest Review from a First Year Advancement Coordinator”

OverallAs a first year Advancement Coordinator at a private school, I was given the task to produce a live and silent auction to raise funds for my campus. I was told to check out BidPal and I'm glad that I did. The software system was relatively user-friendly with many helpful features. These features were readily available on each category page on my BidPal account. Also, the call help desk feature was great too. Creating our BidPal giving center, which is your school's own website, was easy and important to our event. I could post all the auction items and share the link on Facebook, Twitter, email, and our school website. Using the mobile app for the night of the auction was amazing. Our guests had only the best compliments on how easy it was to bid on each item we had available. One of the only complaints that I have about one of the features was the scoreboard feature. The scoreboard is a slide show feature that displays the running numbers of the auction, currently raised funds for the silent auction, and donations. I wish there was a better way to control the scoreboard feature to better display the live auction items in the order we would want it to be displayed. Outside of that, it was a great feature. Overall, BidPal saved us many long hours by using its software features for our live and silent auction. During the night of our event, our guests were having so much fun with the mobile app that they began to give more than what was expected. At the end of the night, we raised close to double the amount we were expecting. BidPal is worth the investment because it has proven to me that it will save you time and increase your revenue for your event. I would highly recommend BidPal to Advancement Coordinators, PFT presidents, administrators, or anyone that has to produce a school auction. You won't regret it.

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on January 6, 2017
Caleb, Thank you for your review! Your feedback on our scoreboards has been forwarded to our Product Development Team, who is always looking for ways to further enhance our software. We appreciate your comment, value our partnership with your team and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our Idea Exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea. Congrats on a successful event! Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director
January 5, 2017
Marianne J.
Campaign Manager
Fund-Raising, 1001-5000 employees
June 7, 2018

“We use OneCause for our silent auctions and each one has been a success due to OneCause! ”

OverallWe get benefits from OneCause of making our silent auctions more accessible and look great!
ProsI love the customization and features of OneCause that make each event feel personalized. We love being able to add our auction sponsor logo on the Giving Center along with pictures for the event and change colors on the site itself. When entering itmes/packages the features make it easy to enter and package together.
ConsYou can't have multiple events open in a window at the same time. If you are reusing descriptions/features/wording from one event to another event it's hard. We have multiple auctions and like to keep wording consistent for check out/text messages/ specific recurring items.
June 7, 2018
July 25, 2019

“Peer-to-peer fundraising platform”

OverallWe're using OneCause to build our peer-to-peer fundraising program. So far so good!
ProsThe company is really responsive to my feedback, and has already made several changes in response to my concerns. I truly appreciate how much my input is valued.
ConsDonors can set up recurring donations. But customization of donation forms is limited, and recurring donations are set up by OneCause in Stripe as subscriptions. Apart from the donor's initial donation, there is no record in our OneCause database of any recurring donations. So, for example, a donor set up a $200 monthly donation - we were notified of the first donation but when we log in to OneCause it appears that only one donation was ever made. We need to log in to Stripe (and manually download the data) to get information about the donor's subsequent monthly gifts.
July 25, 2019
Penne H.
September 11, 2018

“Unbelievable support - like having three more employees pitching in.”

OverallThe time saved with the OneCause product is really like having extra employees/volunteers. Can't imagine doing it without them.
ProsThe software did everything we needed it to and more - from selling tickets and foursomes to silent auction and day-of fixed price items...simple to implement and a nice customer facing mobile app. But what really makes the product different is the incredible support you get from their team. Regular check-in's and calls - by the time our event rolled around, they knew more about it than I did. Although it was my first year running the multi-day events, I felt extremely comfortable and confident due to the support I received from OneCause.
ConsI have only one complaint, and that is that there's not great-looking templates for the landing pages, and when we built our own, it was kind of a process in that it has to be stored on a website rather than uploading to OneCause. I believe they're working on improving that.
September 11, 2018
Tammy B.
Prizes & Marketing Coordinator
March 22, 2016

“I've used it for 5 years now and appreciate the many facets of the software, esp. the reports.”

OverallWhile I appreciate BidPal very much and see how it's benefited our organization through the years, I still think the cost is much too high considering the high cost of the add-ons. The auction listings are still far too limiting. I've submitted various ideas through the years, but none have been brought to fruition. There should be the ability to be able to modify the appearance of the font, so that certain words stand out to the bidder. Bold, underline, italics are basic things that should easily be able to be accommodated, not to mention color. When many events are held in the evening when cocktails are being served, the improvement of the fonts would help to alleviate many words in a description (that our PRIZE DONORS want to see) running together and not being fully comprehended. The second thing that needs some upgrading is the auction portal that the bidders see. While it is easy to add a banner and colors to spruce things up, it is too wordy and there are too many choices which can be confusing for first time bidders. I think that it inhibits pre-bidding for that reason and guests have to wait to get to the event to feel comfortable in being trained. The pros are equal in that the reporting capability and payment/supporters area is very helpful and well laid out. Of immense value!

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on April 12, 2016
Tammy, we appreciate the feedback! BidPal is proud to offer several Mobile Bidding and Fundraising Software packages at varying price points to meet the budget of any nonprofit. Our Full Service Mobile Bidding pricing options are among the industry's lowest. Your additional feedback has been forwarded along to our development team who is always looking for ways to further enhance our product. We encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our idea exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea/ Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director
March 22, 2016
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“Good Option for Mobile Bidding”

OverallIt was a good initial foray into mobile bidding for the silent auction at our fundraiser, but we did not use them again the next year. We found another option that was more user friendly and was able to avoid the glitches that we had experienced with BidPal. I will say again - their customer service was excellent and I have not used them since they became OneCause.
ProsThe move to mobile bidding was a big deal for our annual fundraising event. BidPal (now OneCause) fit the bill at the time. The rep was fantastic and the customer services is excellent. The app was not hard to use, but has its drawbacks. I used this in late 2017, so things may have changed or improved since then. Our guests did like the change to mobile bidding even with the hiccups.
ConsWe ran into some glitches at the event. Live auction items appeared in the app for bidding when they were supposed to remain separate. This issue was fixed quickly. If a winning bidder changed their mind, the item automatically reverted to the next highest bidder and charged their card. Caused me a few problems after the event, but their customer service was excellent and helped me through the issues.
March 5, 2019
Courtney Z.
February 16, 2017

“Paws & Claws Gala Review”

OverallWe've used BidPal for several years to maximize our fundraising dollars at our annual Paws & Claws Gala to benefit the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast. BidPal is a great tool! Every year, we see an increase in donations, as well as improvements in the technology. This year, we had bidders from out of state that haven't ever even stepped foot in our organization support us, thanks to BidPal's ability to reach donors far and wide at the touch of a finger. Plus, on site support is an asset. They helped us work the room, assist bidders, answer questions, create Calls to Action, and so much more! Although there is a learning curve for new users, there's no tool on the market that can compare. And it sure bits the old days with paper bidding sheets! Plus the diversity in reports you can run, from attendees, to managing seating/ tables, to tracking popular packages, generous donors, unsold items, etc. is super helpful when identifying what works and what doesn't year after year. The software is a bit expensive, but is worth every penny when trying to maximize your fundraising dollars for the organization you love. Quick tip though - make sure your venue has a strong WiFi signal. Obviously venues that are more unique create more excitement, but it's essential that the venue you choose has a strong signal or the ability to create a secure network. BidPal techs can work through the kinks, but selecting a suitable venue will make your job a lot easier in the long run. Also, be up front with your account executives on what you need and what you expect. They only know as much as you're willing to share, so take ownership of your event and allow them to assist you. Don't expect them to run the show.
February 16, 2017
Tyler N.
Special Events & Communications Manager
July 31, 2018

“OneCause makes check-in, check-out, and all onsite logistics run smoothly, and their team is great!”

ProsMy agency used to handle our auctions for our large events (800-1000 people) on paper and it was a nightmare. OneCause has streamlined the process, with the added bonus of having check-in looped into the software. We love having the option of texting our attendees at our events. The OneCause team is amazing. From the pre-event consultants to the onsite techs, we have only had wonderful experiences. They are always available, respond extremely quickly to questions, and are a joy to work with.
ConsWe wish that there was the capability to add guests' plus ones into the system without adding "Guest Of..." as a separate entry for each plus one. Having to type this in, open the profile, and change the information at check-in adds a little bit of time and can create a line of people waiting to check in.
July 31, 2018
Bonnie W.
Manager of Development
February 21, 2018

“OneCause (formerly BidPal) is a phenomenal asset to anyone who puts on fundraising events.”

OverallAll the details of my event in one place, ease of creating reports, great organization of a silent auction, ability to assign (and change right up to the even time) bidder numbers, a nice-looking site to promote auction items ahead of time, support onsite at the event and after the event, and -- perhaps most important-- support whenever I needed it on the phone.
ProsThe customer support. They have a team that is nearly always immediately available, and can answer almost any question. If they can't they figure it out with you on the phone, or confer with others and call you right back. They are wonderful.
ConsThe complicated way that money is handled. It's not their fault, though. It is simploy complicated. I think they have a gret product. It is up to the user to be sure they fully understand what to do during and after an event -- and this is worth going over with support before the event.
51-200 employees
October 24, 2017

“My overall experience using BidPal One has been very positive.”

OverallThis software was invaluable in providing the timely access to bidding on our fundraiser. We had over 500 packages available and over 5000 total bids. The scoreboards were easily integrated into the video displays and AV equipment. This software assisted in a volunteer group pulling off a very professional silent auction and live auction.
ProsI appreciate the checklist and the tutorial videos. The tools to build an engaging fundraising interface are intuitive and capable.
ConsThe import tools are very handy but they do not yet contain full functionality. A second import of updated supporters actually creates a second entry rather than an update to an existing entry.
October 24, 2017
Allyson D.
Volunteer
October 3, 2017

“We had a great experience with this software this year for our event.”

OverallIt was easy to find our clients and it allowed us to set up our silent auction and receive bids through it weeks before the event, not just day of. It also allowed us to be able to have people who could not physically attend the event still bid and win items in our silent auction.
ProsThe availability to use it on the go and make quick changes if needed; the fact that the updated registration check in software was super easy to use and easy to make changes in if needed; the fact that we were able to set up the fundraising page quickly and that it was very clean and presentable; the fact that customer service was easy to get in touch with and would answer any questions that we had and help us pinpoint any issues as needed.
ConsIf you weren't aware of the way that items would roll over to packaging that you would have to do double work in that area (example: inputting item information so that it would roll into the packaging without having to reword descriptions, etc).
Molly F.
Director of Development
May 15, 2018

“My organization had a great experience with the One Cause software. We look forward to continuing!”

ProsMy organization signed on with One Cause just 2 months before our annual auction. One Cause did did everything necessary to help us prepare and keep us on target for planning our event and it was so successful! The software is very organized and helps track your project timeline and progress. Our event attendees loved bidding with One Cause on their mobile devices. Plus, moving to an online bidding platform made our check out process run much more smoothly and quickly - which everyone is a fan of! On top of all of this, their customer support is outstanding. They are incredibly patient and always happy to help. I never felt like my call was an inconvenience, no matter what time I called. Our organization has nothing but positive reviews for One Cause's product and services.
ConsThere is a lot of good information on the site to sift through, but sometimes without some guidance from support it can be a bit difficult to track down exactly what you're looking for.
May 15, 2018
Alex W.
Director of Special Events
February 22, 2018

“I have had a great experience with OneCause (BidPal) for the past two years I have used the software”

ProsI think the customer service is great with OneCause. I have specific people assigned to help me but if it is out of normal business hours I can call the support line and they will help walk me through any process. I also really like the mobile bidding feature, this has become 1st hand to all of our donors and really make the process easier for everyone.
February 22, 2018
Mackenzie L.
Event & Volunteer Coordinator
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2017

“Bidpal was helpful and a good resource for our fundraising”

OverallGreat accurate reports, helpful service as we are approaching our event and a quick and accurate representation of how our event went
ProsThe import feature when it comes to importing our donations, attendees and donors. It's really simple and the customer service is helpful when it comes to answering questions. It's helpful to know what features are out there that we might not be currently using that would be helpful to us and they do a good job of explaining the new things and taking feedback directly to the developer to make improvements.
ConsIt's confusing to me who is my direct contact with bidpal sometimes. I worked with Sherilyn pre-event and at the event but received communication from several different people related to bidpal and feedback, event details etc. that I found to be confusing. It would be helpful to just work with one person consistently rather than getting various forms of communication from different people.
Rebecca W.
Business Manager
September 10, 2018

“Doubled our auction revenue and saved us hundreds of hours (and throusands of dollars) in manpower”

OverallThis has been a GAME CHANGER for our charity. We went from labor intensive registration, to pen-snatching melt downs during auction, to no less than 40 hours of payment reconciliation post event to a beautiful, easy, online platform that brought us efficiency of time and money. Worth the investment.
ProsIt's hard to pick a MOST...but I'm going to go with the efficiencies gained on entire event process (planning, execution, payment) and ease of use (complete training and support every step of the way).
ConsI wish we could route money to two separate accounts within the same event - general and gaming.
September 10, 2018
Theresa G.
Event Coordinator
June 5, 2018

“Bidpal is very user friendly and the support is wonderful!”

ProsHow easy to use it is and how there are helpful hints within the program to help you use the software to the best of its ability.
ConsIt reloads often when searching, which is frustrating in a pinch. If you are patient, it will load properly.
June 5, 2018
Dawn H.
Asst Director of Advancement, Special Events & Donor Relations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
December 3, 2018

“Use OneCause to increase revenue”

ProsBidpal has been a great asset to our annual Gala. We started using mobile bidding 3 years ago and have had increased revenue yearly since we began. Their team is always available to guide you through the process, and answer questions, both technical and strategic. They also have a lot of training materials available.
ConsThere are few other reports we would like to see available - but there really are many to choose from.
December 3, 2018
Katie W.
Office manager
September 4, 2018

“Events with Ease!”

ProsI loved how easy it was to learn the software, and knowing that I could chat with the support team at any time with specific questions! They always helped identify the best practices, and or event was an overwhelming success, due in a large part to the organization, support, and fussy experience via Onecause!
ConsThat you could not drag and drop tables to reorder.
September 4, 2018
Jennifer D.
August 29, 2017

“BIDPAL sold our not for profit a bill of goods and then failed to deliver!”

OverallZero
ProsThe best thing I can say about this software is my login worked and that's about it!
ConsCustomer Service was horrible. We got passed around from one person to the next and then was told that the program would have to be 'worked around' costing my volunteers valuable time to get what we were told we would have from the software. Our guests at our fundraisers complained constantly about the software and the onsite representative did NOTHING to step in and assist. When asked for a pro-rated refund mid year because the software was handicapping our events, we were told simply no. Thanks for nothing BIDPAL!

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on October 5, 2017
We appreciate your candid feedback. We¿re disappointed that you didn¿t feel our team met your expectations. In further looking into your review, it appears that your initial auction with BidPal was a success. One of the unique aspects of BidPal is that you can use the software for multiple fundraisers throughout the year, however like any software it has it limits. Based on our team¿s feedback it sounds like you wanted to try and use BidPal for an additional fundraising campaign in a manner that it is not intended to be used for. We applaud your creativity and appreciate that this may have been frustrating that the software wasn¿t able to meet your expectations despite our team¿s efforts to provide alternative solutions. We¿ve passed your feedback on to our product development team as they are always working to add new functionality. Although our Director of Client Success and his team were not able to connect with you, they remain ready to assist you at any time.
August 29, 2017
October 16, 2017

“BidPal makes our events run more smoothly. They have phenomenal customer support!”

OverallOur event ran much more smoothly with the use of BidPal software.
ProsIt is all inclusive - allowing us to do everything from selling tickets to running post event reports. It also creates a catalog, gift certificates and item labeling materials.
ConsThe system could be more user friendly (intuitive), but current updates are helping it get there. Sometimes it is difficult to locate the features you need, but customer support is always there to help.
Maria M.
Asst. Director of Development
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2017

“JWP Auction 2017”

OverallFirst time user and we are thrilled with the success; reporting features on donors could be better. I would be happy to give my feedback with a BidPal rep.
ProsEase of use both from backend and user interface.
Cons1. Can't split value on item that has multiple donors. 2. Limited buttons 3. Need to add comments when emailing a receipt. 4. Reports - need a complete and comprehensive summary on every donor throughout the entire campaign (monetary donations, item donations, night of event purchases, etc.)
Recommendations to other buyersNo.

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on April 12, 2017
Maria- Thank you for your partnership and feedback. Your BidPal Account Manager looks forward to learning more about your software suggestions during your post-event highlight call so that we can share them with our product development team to further enhance BidPal's offering. Joshua Meyer BidPal
April 12, 2017
Susan W.
Director of Institutional Advancement
March 5, 2018

“We are a two woman team planning a huge event - our team grew tremendously thanks to BidPal!”

ProsIt is very user friendly - and the reports are amazing! Whether it is getting the most recent statistics or running table lists, or packaging auction items or donations or ads, it's there. And communicating with our donors and guests at the event was literally as simple as one click.
ConsThe software has some very specific auction based language that we would have liked to not use in some places. It also forces some numbers like the number of items left to sell, that in some cases we would rather have not used - like selling ads or sponsorships - fixed price items. The ability to eliminate or choose when to use some information or labeling visible to the donor would be better.
Ashlie B.
Financial Administrator
May 2, 2019

“A Must Have!”

OverallAMAZING!
ProsI could go on forever about how great this software is. It is user friendly and provides so much support. The silent auction and live auction features are so helpful. I truely believe that this software made our yearly Gala one of the bests we have ever had. Our guests were pleased with it as well. Check is was a breeze and everyone was happy with the ease of mobile bidding. The day of our gala OneCause sent out a representative who helped keep the software running smoothly. She was absolutely wonderful! I wish I could give this more stars!
ConsThere was really nothing to not like. I have no negative comments to make. It was great!
May 2, 2019
Kerry J.
Events and Marketing Specialist
October 4, 2017

“A flawless experience that brought our event to the next level with online bidding, donating, etc. ”

OverallThe guests enjoyed a flawless experience with online bidding and donating. From a planning side of things, I loved that it was one less thing I had to worry about. It worked seamlessly, and each and every person I worked with was fabulous.
ProsBidPal is such a user-friendly platform. It allows the guests to have an easy and enjoyable experience, while the planners have one less thing to worry about. It is truly a wonderful service!
October 4, 2017
Dawn B.
May 21, 2018

“Very positive experience ”

ProsThis software has been very easy to use. I like how it keeps all of our event information organized in one place. The event website and mobile bidding functions look very professional.
ConsSome of the reports are not very easy to customize. I wish there were more options available for setting up pages and sorting information.
May 21, 2018
Erin Y.
March 13, 2018

“This software helps us to plan and execute an organized, successful event!”

OverallOur guests can monitor and place bids on the convenience of their cell phones
ProsIt's so easy to upload your guests, silent auction items, photos, etc., and the support team is there to help you every step of the way.
ConsThis software can be a bit tricky if you do not have great cell service. We live in a rural area so cell service is not always reliable.
March 13, 2018
Marianne J.
Campaign Manager
September 25, 2017

“User-friendly, thoughtful features, great”

ProsThe health check is amazing and ensures that everything is ready to go. Some errors that you did not realize were loaded in and also gives the user the autonomy to fix the problems on your own instead of having BidPal staff members review everything and wait for their review.
ConsAll of the features can be a little overwhelming if you are looking for something very specific. There is data on everything but you need to know the exact language to look it up.
Edward P.
Engagement Director
July 11, 2017

“Great product for auctions but has flaws”

ProsThe thing I like the most about BidPal is how everything for our event is in one place and includes all the back end options.
ConsThe software is not very modern. They just rolled out an update that helped, but the editing options are clunky compared to other options on the market!
July 11, 2017
April S.
Manager of Special Events
August 8, 2016

“BidPal will make your event SO MUCH easier!”

OverallI have used Bidpal for 5 years now at our annual fundraising dinner. They are a fantastic company to work with. Over the last 5 years I have had the chance to interact with many staff members and they have all been amazing. I am fully confident every event that Bidpal will deliver with the utmost in customer service and professionalism. They are run very well and as company you can count on.
ProsI love all the information Bidpal captures. The reports give great insight and are a valuable tool in planning future events. Our attendees love the software and it creates a fun and exciting buzz at the event.
Consreally haven't experienced many cons
Recommendations to other buyersDefinitely take a look at Bidpal - they have been around the longest in the mobile bidding arena - and they are top notch.
August 8, 2016
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
August 7, 2019

“A breath of fresh air”

OverallAMAZING - from the on boarding to the training to the design to the set up- it's been great.
ProsWhile I am new to OneCause and have not been through a full event cycle with them, I am already blown away. This really fills a void that was missing in non-profit fundraising events. The customer service and attention to detail has been phenomenal!
ConsLike I said, I haven not been through a full event cycle so I am sure there will be a few small, minor tweaks but nothing right now.
August 7, 2019
Alexa A.
Development Operations
May 15, 2019

“OneCause - a game changing software for small non-profits!”

OverallSO POSITIVE - we had a highly successful Gala that was seamless and they are servicing so many more events that have helped fundraise a ton of money. In addition, they have been so helpful in the event management process providing trainings, resources, technology, and overall support from start to finish.
ProsThe customer support and overall functionality of OneCause is phenomenal for a small non-profit who needs one-on-one assistance and an event management software that is intuitive. There are so many great tools and features that take fundraising to the next level for events - while also providing the absolute best customer service!
ConsI wish there was a Salesforce integration with the event software!

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on May 17, 2019
Alexa- Thanks for taking the time to provide your experience with OneCause. We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to help support your fundraising. I wanted to note that we do offer a SalesForce integration with the software. Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about this feature. Joshua Meyer OneCause
May 15, 2019
October 16, 2017

“BidPal has taken our annual fundraiser to a new level.”

ProsBidPal is easy to use, intuitive and all encompassing. The new One software is easy to use and transitions smoothly from pre-event to event to post-event.
ConsIt would be nice to have a volunteer entry site so that donation collectors could enter them themselves without having access to the rest of the administrative site.
Mike W.
Events Coordinator
September 25, 2017

“Working with BidPal has made managing silent auctions a breeze.”

OverallA lot of features I don't use due to my organization using others. For example I don't really use the ticketing feature.
ProsThe ease of use. Reports!! Easy to get reports to make use of the information from events and sending that information to my team.
sara a.
event coordinator
September 25, 2017

“used for elementary school event it was great! well received from the community ”

Proswe love that users can get in and create a one time account and receive notifications and receipts user friendly
Consanything technical can be a challenge! it's more difficult to sell the use of the product when it requires a login some have asked to do away with that portion
Scott B.
Senior Consultant
January 31, 2019

“Best Option I Have Used”

OverallTheir consultants that work with you before hand are top notch. They have a lot of experience and really know what they are talking about. The onsite staff that came to my event were fantastic too. Their customer support when I had questions was on top of it.
ProsThe ease of use on the backend is great. Saved a lot of time and stress during the planning and execution process. The reporting was thorough and the Board loved the reports I printed. The guest experience was sleek, easy to use, and what was great was there was no logging in once they were registered. Their peer-to-peer platform is the best I have seen anywhere. It outshines all the competition, especially with ease of use on the front and back end, as well as the donor and participant experience.
ConsI wish all of their products were combined into one log in, but I hear they are working on a new platform to bring all their products under one.
January 31, 2019
Beth C.
Auction Night Co-Chair
February 20, 2018

“This is our second year to use OneCause (formerly BidPal) and it did not disappoint! ”

ProsEase of use. End user friendly. Variety of reports to review your results. Stock letters, forms, print aids are great!
ConsWould love to see a button that adds all silent auction item proceeds as bids are placed. We were able to come up with an easy work around for it though.
February 20, 2018
Kelly H.
March 13, 2017

“BidPal comes through”

OverallOur Habitat affiliate used Bidpal for our Dare to Dream, Dream to Build fundraiser with the Home Builders' of East Central Illinois in February of 2017. As new users, there is a steep learning curve to prepare for the event on the back end; entering guests, auction items, table assignments, donors, sponsors etc. We were however very pleased with the top notch and timely phone support we received from BidPal, and helping us feel that "no question was too small or insignificant" . Once the event began, the check-in and check-out process was incredibly smooth, and our guests were very excited to see their "work" in making the event a success through the visual thermometer tracking the donations, bids and BUY IT NOW items! We nearly doubled our income and had many guests comment on the fun they had using the BidPal ap to participate at the event. The number of insightful reports provided through the BidPal technology are already helping us plan new wrinkles for the future!
March 13, 2017
Jodie T.
March 6, 2017

“Heart of Caring Auction Using BidPal”

OverallFor the first time, Partners for Quality used the digital bidding system with BidPal for our silent auction, fixed price items and ticketing. Our Heart of Caring lunch is in its 18th year and we wanted to add some new features to "mix it up." The DIY Model is user friendly and with time, became easy to use and understand. Next year will definitely be easier as there will be no transition using the new technology. Our host venue, the Embassy Suites Pittsburgh International Airport went above and beyond to make sure the technology was seamless - and it was. Since our guests are used to "how we've always done things" there was some anxiety on them adopting the online bidding process. Fear not, once guests understood what to do, they were hooked! Next year we will be able to promote the online tools and raise even more money to serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are happy clients and look forward to using BidPal in future campaigns, auctions and events.
March 6, 2017
Angie B.
Accounts Receivable/Payable and Operations Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
October 22, 2018

“Great for auctions! ”

ProsWe are using this for our auction this year and so far so good. We found it to be very user friendly.
ConsAt times it was clunky and users had a hard time getting logged in.
October 22, 2018
Bridget R.
March 27, 2017

“BidPal Put the "Fun" in "Fundraising"”

OverallOur company has worked with BidPal since 2014. I can't speak highly enough about how wonderful it was to work with BidPal for a third year (for me). From the event preparation phone calls (which not only answered my questions, but created questions for me to determine), to the day-of-coordination with BidPal's Customer support representative, BidPal gave me absolute peace of mind. WOW!! They went above and beyond to touch base with me pre-event, asking me questions, giving me answers...then continued to make sure I had my head on straight and wasn't overwhelmed. BidPal followed up to make sure I was pleased with our results, gave feedback on how to make minor changes to update for next year, etc. This was the first time I was fully in charge of the event from beginning to end, and feel confident that we were so successful because of BidPal's help. I look forward to working together with BidPal again for our next Auction!
Caroline T.
Special Events Director
February 21, 2018

“OneCause is the WHOLE package!”

ProsOneCause enables nonprofits, schools, churches and more to use several different fundraising tools to raise awareness about your mission and organization. Not only is their software simple to use (my tech skills are minimal!), their customer support is amazing. You might think you cannot afford this type of software if you are a nonprofit but by using very 'a-la-carte' pricing model, it is now affordable to raise the fundraising bar to meet your goals! I am a strong advocate for this product!
Lea D.
Executive Dirctor
September 25, 2017

“For the past 3 years we've used the platform for our annual event. Expectations have been exceeded.”

ProsEase of use, ease of customization, reporting, multiple photo uploads are very nice, package description fields are just the right size. We are very happy with the platform and have not had any issues in the past 3 years.
Amy W.
Applications Support & Project Analysis
Political Organization, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2019

“Great for every part of the event process”

ProsWe loved using it for a fundraising event; it allowed us to presell tickets, add additional donations, swipe cards on the spot using a reader on a mobile device, etc.
ConsWe had some issues with the card readers, so we had to type in the credit cards often. Would have loved to have an option to take a picture for quicker "check out."

By OneCause (formerly BidPal) on June 5, 2019
Amy- Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on your OneCause experience. I'm sorry to hear you had issues with your credit card readers, hopefully our day of support was able to assist. I've passed your idea on "taking a picture" of credit cards to process them faster on to our product development team. Happy fundraising! Joshua Meyer Sr. Director, OneCause
May 31, 2019
Mary G.
Parent Volunteer
July 2, 2018

“Amazing experience!”

OverallSupport team was ultra helpful and made me feel like they cared about the success of our auction just as much as I did!
ProsThis year was my first year running our school auction. OneCause software was extremely easy to use despite having ZERO experience.
ConsHonestly, everything was a pro. If I had to make one change, I would request a way to keep a database of companies that donated items for the auction to facilitate sending out thank you cards and to make it easier for a new person in charge to pick up where I left off.
July 2, 2018
Laura R.
Director, Development & Alumni Relations
March 5, 2018

“Excellent addition to our Annual Auction”

OverallOur silent auction proceeds doubled.
ProsWe found that OneCause was very intuitive and easy to use. When we did run into questions, we found on-line chat and other support was excellent. The technology was also easy for our guests to use.
ConsWe would like to have a software that was more vigorous for a live auction. We found that because the software was geared toward silent auctions, it was lacking in some of the functions we needed for our other points of purchase.
Jen F.
March 28, 2017

“Phenomenal bidding software”

OverallThis was our first time using Bidpal- we'd used a different system in the past and this was a HUGE upgrade for us! Everyone on staff is so friendly and knowledgeable- their platform is so intuitive- their help desk was amazing, and believe me, I used them a lot! We used the DIY system, which was great, but I wish we'd have picked one of the other packages to start with. Not that I couldn't figure things out- I'm telling you, they are that intuitive- but our event is now over and I'm still discovering all these amazing things this program can do! Our Silent Auction, Raise the Paddle, and Live Auctions all saw significant growth compared to years past, which I know can be attributed to BidPal. We also have been able to upload the evening's results and information back into Raiser's Edge fairly easily! We absolutely will be partnering with Bidpal for all of our events!
March 28, 2017
Bart C.

“Worth Every Penny”

OverallWe used BidPal for our annual gala in March 2017 and highly recommend their product. From the first contact with our sales consultant, we were thrilled with the service and quality of the software. We elected to have BidPal's staff on site the evening of the event. They were critical to making the first time through a successful one. Representatives were problems solvers and worked well with our volunteers and guests to answer any questions. Our gala raised $, which is $ over the previous year. We attribute our switch to BidPal for a big part of that increase. Check in and check out were a breeze and our guests were very happy to have the mobile bidding capability. In previous years, our tuition ask used to fill in cards and relied on volunteers to collect them. It was an exercise in confusion and never raised more than $. This year using BidPal, we raised $.
Jennifer S.
March 14, 2017

“Bidpal made our Celebration Fundraiser a success”

OverallI have never been asked to fundraise on a big scale before. I was told Bidpal was the way to go. In the past, I have helped on a smaller scale and have used the software. It was confusing and not useful. Bidpal was a world of difference. Plus having the 3 Bidpal employees attend, train, and help run our event made it even more successful. I felt like I had new friends and family that had joined our fundraiser. They were so positive and cheered us on the whole time. They were very attentive and helped make changes quickly if I asked. I could not imagine using another software system for our fundraiser. I plan on helping next year. I am signing up to be the one that does the Bidpal on our end of the fundraising. I am beyond grateful for the success we had. I don't know how many parents came up to me and said that bidding was so easy this year. THANK YOU!!
March 14, 2017
Kali R.
Administrative Assistant
June 9, 2016

“BidPal Has Been Great!”

OverallWe have been using BidPal for our silent auction at our annual Benefit Galas for the last 3 years. Our participants love using the devices to bid rather than putting their names on bid sheets. The bidding process is easier and can continue during dinner without having to go back and see if someone outbid you. The checkout process is so much easier as well. Not having to go through the line to pay for your items and just picking up your winnings has been wonderful for our participants. I am happy that BidPal does all the reports for me so that I don't have to figure out all the particulars after the event. The charts and timelines are very helpful for us to plan for the next year's auction. The people at BidPal that we have worked with have been so helpful and knowledgeable. Making the switch to electronic bidding was made easy with their help and encouragement.
June 9, 2016
Tia B.
Associate Dir. of Development
September 26, 2017

“Bidpal has been a great partner for our school. responsive, professional , a pleasure to work with”

Prosthe flexibility of the software is impressive. Fits events or campaigns of varying sizes. They welcome our feedback & regular upgrades are responsive to it.
September 26, 2017