Manager SE Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Manager SE

Manager SE helps you manage all aspects of your shop from front to back more efficiently. This complete shop management solution takes an integrated approach to automotive shop productivity to help you increase car count and revenue per repair order, improve communications within the shop, project a more professional image, and boost profitability. Measure and manage your business with over 200 integrated reports. Learn more about Manager SE

Denise O.
Human Resources Supervisor
April 14, 2017

“Happy Mitchell Customer for Over 20 Years”

OverallI have owned my auto repair shop for over 30 years. 10 years into owning the business, I was introduced to the Mitchell software. Mitchell has been there for me every step of the way and I have been able to build and maintain a solid database of loyal customers. The Mitchell software is worth every penny I have spent, and I believe my shop would not run as smoothly without it. I would highly recommend Mitchell software to any and all automotive repair shops.
ProsThe database of vehicles and parts list from the dealers is comprehensive and my go to guide for parts pricing. I am able to customize my software to best fit my company's needs. I also greatly appreciate the technical support provided to me by the Mitchell team.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about this software, new features are constantly introduced and old features are rapidly enhanced. I LOVE MITCHELL!
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend Mitchell to any one and every one in the automotive industry.
April 14, 2017
Brian D.
February 26, 2019

“EXTRA STEPS, MISSING INPUTS”

OverallDisappointing
ProsI honestly can not think of one. Maybe the possibilities the software has, but it just is not written well in my opinion.
ConsWhere do I start. Much more complex to use than Napa Tracs. Extra steps to do the same thing I could do in Tracs. No where to add expenses such as shipping to a P.O. Support just told me to add it as a canned job! That will add it to the customer's invoice, but will not show the cost of shipping I paid, therefore considering the amount as profit. No where to break down bulk items such as oil into individual units. This also happens from time to time with no known cause or solution: 01/29/19 Error: DBConcurrencyException An unknown error of type DBConcurrencyException has occurred. Began after Spell Check and would not save the text entered; continued to pop up after modifying a part quantity. 02/22/19 Many times when opening ProLink via a repair order the vehicle information won't be transferred. Never happens when opening FirstCall.
February 26, 2019
LOUIS V.
July 21, 2018

“product is decent. but the contracts are never clear and company is very money hungry”

Overalleasy to use
Proseasy to use. software is fine and very easy all though I found some other companies out there that use the same layout as Mitchell and it cost half the price. Once I get out of this 2 year contract Mitchell scammed me into I will be switching.
ConsPrice is very high shop around you find out Mitchell is over priced. Also when I got Mitchell they were running a CRM special 3 months free CRM. well I used it for 6 months and then decided I was going to cancel it. Only to find out I had to cancel with in 3 month trial. So I said ok when can I cancel it I was told 1 year. 1 year came up and now they tell me ohh no its a 2 year contract which i WAS NEVER TOLD THAT. so now when my 2 year is up I will be dropping Mitchell completely.
July 21, 2018
Doug S.
May 13, 2019

“Billing Department”

ProsSoftware is great, I have used it for 18 years
ConsBilling Department took 2 years (Feb of 2017) to advise me my billing was off. Then they advised me I had to provide the burden of proof to them it has been paid. So after talking to their Rep. My account was brought up to date. No more than 4 days later I received yet another letter telling me they would gladly toss away an 18 year relationship to collect a debit that CSR assured me was paid in full until 6/20/19 Doing very rough math Silzer Auto Repair has paid Mitchell1 around 87 thousand dollars over 18 years but this was very unimportant to them
May 13, 2019
Kevin M.
January 11, 2018

“EXCELLENT PRODUCT, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

ProsI'VE BEEN USING THIS SOFTWARE FOR 17 YEARS AND WOULD NOT USE ANOTHER PROGRAM TO MANAGE MY AUTO REPAIR BUSINESS. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT, I'VE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE THAT 1 PHONE CALL DID NOT RESOLVE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
ConsSOME OF THE REPAIR PROCEDURES ARE A LITTLE VAGUE, BUT A GOOD TECHNICIAN CAN ALWAYS FILL IN THE GAPS ON THE REPAIR.
January 11, 2018
Vincent H.
July 13, 2016

“Not happy at all, horrible system, and even worse customer service”

OverallI have used several different shop management and estimation programs over the years. I was pretty much strong armed and annoyed into trying Mitchell1 a traveling salesman type guy kept hounding me on the phone and came by our shop. I was using ProDemand which wasn't any better. We gave Mitchell1 a shot mainly to get the annoying vacuum cleaner salesman to leave us alone. It took a long time to figure out how to use the system, I am a diesel mechanic not a software designer. Once I did figure out how to look up a truck, it took forever. Too many fields to select to get the customer's truck to come up. We only had use for about half of what we were paying for.
ProsThe wiring diagrams
ConsHalf the time it wouldn't pull up parts I needed, some of the labor times were WAAAAAY off. It took way too many clicks to pull up a customer's vehicle when doing an estimate. We never used the billing software as quick books worked much better.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't waste your money on it, there are much better programs out there. The folks in accounting at Mitchell1 can't even figure out how to run a credit card without calling our shop and being very rude and unprofessional. Especially the fella that called our shop every single month because he was entering the wrong billing zip code and he decided to talk smack to my boss. We have canceled our service and we will never use mitchell1 again.
July 13, 2016
Chuck S.
October 31, 2018

“Best at the price point”

OverallIt was the software being used when I bought the shop 2 years ago. After reviewing and pricing other competitors products, I chose to stay with it and I am glad I did. It is the best performer at the price point without question.
ProsIt is easy to learn. Has all the functions that a shop needs.
ConsSeems like it can be disjointed at times. Most modules are an upgrade option.
October 31, 2018
Aaron M.
Co-Owner
November 21, 2018

“Never again”

OverallWorst experience ever. I will never use them again and will do everything I can to be sure nobody else gets screwed over like I did.
ProsIt did the basics. Nothing special. Hard to navigate sometimes.
ConsCustomer service is garbage. They will lock you into a contract without you knowing it and they will keep charging you even after your contract is up. There are better and cheaper companies out there that won't rip you off by charging way too much for services you don't need.
November 21, 2018
valerie m.
Service Writer/Used car manager
October 16, 2018

“Easy to use with tons of features”

OverallWe have been able to track our information on what kinds of jobs we are doing, our profits for each type of job, and tracking hours for our techs.
ProsScheduler makes it easy to track incoming work, and the software is very easy to adapt to and use.
ConsWish i could print more reports involving all the vehicle a customer has on their account.
October 16, 2018
March 30, 2018

“We have used this program since 2010, and would never think about changing it.”

ProsCreating invoices is so simple, you can link suppliers, transfer labor time, and transfer parts right into the invoice.
ConsSearching for repair information is tricky, you have to know the system to find right diagrams. Customer service also always has a long wait.
March 30, 2018
Jeff K.
July 18, 2017

“The most useful and professional system on the market.”

ProsI love the integration with Snap On diagnostics software, color coded wiring diagrams and factory information.
ConsThere really is not a whole lot to be unhappy with here. The cost is on the higher end, but that can be recouped through proper utilization of the diagnostic info and labor estimating.
July 18, 2017
ELIAS L.
ceo
June 21, 2018

“another must in any small or large automotive facility”

Proslove the search feature that makes it easy to type in a fault code and then find the diagnostic path to repair iT
Consdont like the estimating feature as it can be confusing for new employees that will require a bit more traininG
June 21, 2018
Kevin K.
May 13, 2016

“Several Steps Back in the Name of Progress”

OverallI have had Mitchell Manager for last 12 years and have loved it. I have switched over to SE and am now looking to find another alternative. The program itself has improved for sure but the schedule is almost impossible to use for us (it has been 4 months) It has added a lot of bells and whistles that may work better in a larger shop and would be awesome for a medical professional or lawyer (it seems to have copied there style software). The old program I knew what I had schedule at a glance and what was done. The new program is set up to utilize what you are doing at that exact moment. It is set up to schedule time of the day. I feel there are very few small shops that know that this" job" will take from 8:30 to 9:45 and the next job will start at 10. As I said it is what a doctor would utilize with blocks for each time of the day. It is even to the extent that if you slide the customer past the last slot you have set up in your program (for us 5:30) they disappear. I can not say enough how much time this has added to our day working around the schedule and trying to determine what is done and not done. I have gotten to the point that I put notes by the person otherwise you have to click on each individual to see their status. So when you have 20 people on the schedule this is time consuming. I just feel like they spent their R&D money on the program and used a different industries schedule program
May 13, 2016
Mariam H.
April 18, 2017

“Management Software”

OverallMy business has used Mitchell On Demand for over 7 years, and it has changed the way we do business dramatically. Work Orders are easy to read, software is efficient, customer service always helpful.
ProsParts ordering and accounting
ConsWiring diagrams could be easier to find
April 18, 2017
Jennifer G.
Marketing / Tech Student
March 14, 2018

“Helpful, overall easy to navigate software”

ProsThe VIN and plate identification addition makes searching vehicles faster and more convenient. This program aids in quick and general vehicle references.
ConsThe specifications are contradictive, as general specifications may not match the procedural specifications. Newer vehicles may lack information.
March 14, 2018
alex r.
secretary
October 3, 2017

“Use daily, best program and user friendly”

ProsUser friendly, quality features, and friendly customer service when needed. We also use the bolt on package along with it
October 3, 2017
Eli W.
IT Manager
March 26, 2019

“Manager SE Review”

OverallManager SE has allowed our service manager to quickly schedule appointments and keep track of every customer that comes into the shop. Manager SE has made is much easier for us to group our repair orders and take care of a large number of tickets quickly.
ProsVery simple to use. Wasn't difficult to teach the shop guys how to navigate through the software. Way more user friendly than the software we were using before Manager SE. Find, print, copy, fax repair orders with ease. Group repair orders and print R.O.s specific to one client. Simple and effective scheduling functionality.
ConsThe social CRM is too complicated to use for the average shop manager. The support is on point, but it takes up too much time to use all the features as they should be used.
March 26, 2019
Mackenzie L.
Service Manager
July 10, 2018

“This software is easy to use, fast, and keeps everything in one place. ”

ProsThis software would hold all customer information including name, address, phone, email, and vehicle information.
ConsThe customer service was not always the best. It was sometimes easier to just learn by trial and error.
July 10, 2018
Jeff G.
March 26, 2018

“Easy to use and saved us a lot of time”

ProsThis shop management software was very helpful when it came to factory information and parts list. It was nice that all of our data was backed up. I was recommended to try out this software from a relative and we were mostly happy with it for the 2 years we used it.
ConsOur shop used this before we switched to another platform. Some of the diagrams were hard to find but with our shop working on similar vehicles everyday, our technician got used to it.
March 26, 2018
Sierra C.
Shop Coordinator
March 27, 2019

“Easy to use!”

OverallLove it!
ProsIt is easy to create invoices and track shop appointments step by step.
ConsAt times this software glitches due to having to connect to a host computer. Therefore you must use a computer within that network.
March 27, 2019
patrick a.
January 17, 2017

“customer service is bad”

Overallcustomer service is bad I have been with Mitchell 1 for 9 years for some reason they said payment didn't go in but all other months it did mad it were I could not use the system call and the guy I talked to was very rude when someone has been with a customer this long you would think they would want you as a customer don't use Mitchell 1

By Mitchell 1 on January 17, 2017
Customers copy of Manager SE expired back in June 2016, it was cancelled for non-payment. Called support today, was transferred to collections. Collections provided a 10 day temp activation until his payment was processed.
January 17, 2017
Debbie J.
vp
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Using Manager SE”

ProsThe software was easy to use and train new employees on.
ConsI got frustrated because this software like most in the industry was not particularly for Big Truck Repairs. We always had to make work arounds.
October 15, 2019
Accounting, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“Great to Monitor and Run Automotive Shops”

ProsThe software had everything needed to run day to day operations of automotive business. Made it easy for front staff to quotes/invoices and such.
ConsCons: pricing. Expensive for what it provided, and company was using QB, software doesn't connect to that. Accountant wasn't happy and I had to pay more for accounting work to be completed which ended up costing even more money.
January 9, 2019
Mark M.
Instructor of automotive technology
January 20, 2019

“Set up time consuming but worth it.”

OverallThis program works seamlessly with pro demand, very powerful shop tool.
ProsThe ease of navigation in the program. The reports that are available give me a great snapshot of the business, daily, monthly or yearly.
ConsThe set up is combersome, and help options are available by video. Video catalog not arranged by topic but alphabetical.
January 20, 2019
jim k.
owner operator
Automotive, Self-employed
March 21, 2017

“I was told it was like Identifix it's not!”

OverallI will still use the Manager side but the Teamworks On demand is a joke. I was told it operated much like Identifix to find actual repairs but they have a lot of graphics that take you nowhere. I got locked into a year contract that they will not change so I have been stuck with it for 9 months now and still after repeated tries get nothing out of it. I have had Mitchell since 2001 now and am very satisfied with the manager side of this. Make sure you check it out in detail first
Prosnothing on the OnDemand program
ConsMisrepresented
March 21, 2017
debra e.
IM
Automotive, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“Great for any Body Shop or repair!”

ProsEasy to use, great reports and cusotmer service
Cons A little pricey but fair, as with any software and amount of use
December 4, 2018
Barbara K.
Bookkeeper
February 10, 2017

“Adequate shop management system”

OverallWe have recently started using this product (November 2015) and we are still waiting for the initial training we were promised. We are having to learn the system as things come up.
Prosthe estimating features
ConsPoorly thought out layout and process, lots and lots of duplicated entries needed, even for simple procedures
February 10, 2017
Celina F.
Bookkeeper
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
April 21, 2019

“Shop management system.”

ProsI love how this program is extremely thorough.
ConsI do not like how much time it takes to become familiar with the program and yo become used to how it operates.
April 21, 2019
Julia C.
manager
July 16, 2018

“Super easy to use”

ProsI loved Mitchel, So easy to navigate through. Super user friendly. Makes it really easy to make invoices.
ConsThe only reason i dont use it any more is because we found another program that will allow us to order parts
July 16, 2018
Ryan B.
January 9, 2018

“Buyer Beware! Signed up for free trial. Decided I didn't want it. Still billed.”

OverallNone. Other than the headache of them threatening to sue me for it.
ConsIt was very expensive for what they offer. I signed up for the free trial. I decided I didn't want it. They continued to bill me to my credit card. I stopped the billing to my credit card. Now they call me every few days from an attorneys office threatening to sue for the full 3 year contract. I never should have agreed to sign up with the salesmen but I did to give it a try. It's now a huge regret. It was too expensive and didn't meet my needs. I was looking for a different type of solution that would allow me to track work my mobile techs completed on the road and be able to bill it back to customers.
January 9, 2018
John A.
March 12, 2016

“ShopKey/M1”

OverallI have used ShopKey for 12 years now. When I purchased an existing shop the owner had recently purchased the software. Over the years I have demoed a few other programs but none of them seemed to offer enough over SK/M1 to make me make a switch. I think the software holds its own against its competition. I will say that it is just a little pricey when you add all of the available add ons.
March 12, 2016
Bill B.
Service Manager
September 7, 2015

“Mitchell One Manager SE”

OverallI have used this product for 15 years and honestly it just seems to get better. I really like how easy it is to work with if you can click on next or click on a tab you can get a invoice done. I like having all my customer history right at my finger tips, no longer looking through tons of paper work tying to find out when we repaired their brakes or when they bought their battery. I highly recommend this product.
September 7, 2015