Guru Ratings

Overall

About Guru

Your team's knowledge changes every day. Traditional knowledge base solutions like Wiki's are not optimized for these continuous changes, which inevitably leads to stale knowledge and low adoption. Distrust of your knowledge base forces the experts on your team to answer more individual questions, which means less time for them to focus on their job. Guru is the new way to capture and share knowledge with your team. Learn more about Guru

March 14, 2019

“Guru fit our support team's needs perfectly!”

OverallI lead the effort to find a solution for our internal documentation and researched many options. Guru stood out from the others by a long shot. As soon as we tried it we knew we couldn't live without it. Our support team adopted it and pretty soon the developers were on board too. "There's a Guru card for that!" is a common saying in our office now when someone asks a question. Really couldn't live without this now.
ProsGuru cards put the information we need right where we need it. We use the Chrome extension and we can access our cards while still looking at our ticket. The "cards" idea was genius as we tend to drop all sorts of information in them that we wouldn't bother to put in a document. And having to assign owners and verify the information on a schedule solved a problem that was killing us in our old system.
ConsI was I could uncouple a card from the dropdown list that the Chrome extension displays and move it around my screen so I could see what's underneath.
March 14, 2019
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 31, 2018

“GURU changes everything”

ProsSeamless: Guru fit right into our company needs seamlessly. We needed a centralized and organized hub for company and product knowledge and we able to, within a couple weeks, deploy it to everyone in the company. Company-wide Adoption: Everyone in the company uses GURU, from the CEO down to the sales team and support reps. We've reduced white noise and chatter in Slack by creating an easy way to access cross-team knowledge and specific/esoteric knowledge. Chrome Extension: The Chrome Extension cranks up this software to an 11. Having quick info at your fingertips to use on the fly for phone calls is incredibly useful. Ease of Use: Navigation, the UI/UX, the card editor, organization is all incredibly well thought out and put together. I see small improvements are still ongoing, but it all points towards the same goal of increasing product use and adoption. I've yet to be disappointed with feature deployment from GURU.
ConsToo many cooks in the kitchen: One of the things I've already seen in the past few months is what I call "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome. GURU allows you to set up product experts and card "verifiers" which allows for someone else in the organization to sign off that the GURU card you created contains accurate information. However, sometimes there are too many competing voices to sign off on that card with different ideas and expectations for what should be inside of that card. We are still creating documentation for what information we want to house inside of GURU cards and it is coming along. This is just one thing to be careful of; who controls the knowledge; who controls access to that knowledge?
January 31, 2018
Jonathan S.
Director of Customer Success
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2018

“Saves time for support, sales, and onboarding”

OverallI was introduced to Guru at the Elevate Summit conference, and my team has enjoyed it ever since. Our sales and support team rely on it heavily for saved responses to common issues and questions, and for communicating existing issues or procedures. We also use it for "tribal knowledge" which has made it much easier to onboard new hires. Overall, this tool has saved my team time and nurtured communication between ourselves and with our own selves from the past!
Pros+ Easy, fast search for information through Chrome browser extension + Integration with Slack makes sharing or creating cards a breeze
Cons- Verifying cards becomes daunting if you don't regularly groom the knowledge base
September 12, 2018
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
April 11, 2018

“Browser add on is the best feature for quick access to information”

OverallEasy to create information, and easy access through it's browser add on.
ProsThe browser add on is great because you can access quickly links and information that are used on a daily basis, instead of having to go to type an intranet website and search what you need. The concept of everyone adding knowledge very easily is great for startups who are changing all the time.
ConsThe web version of the platform, doesn't seem as easy to use as other website intranet options. Is the only piece missing for a perfect place to store and search for information. I don't use it at all, I just use the add on. It might be the design, cards are way to big, and you have to do a lot of clicks to find something, first the board, then the collection, then the cards.
April 11, 2018
September 28, 2018

“Guru is a necessity!”

OverallGuru is especially necessary for newer people within the company!
ProsI utilize Guru each and every day. It is the best way to keep a company on the same page about topics internally and externally. If I need a quick answer and don't want to ask someone on a different team, I can quickly search it on Guru and find the answer.
ConsSometimes it's difficult for me to find the "activity" page but only because it's underneath the Dashboard. I believe it should have it's own tab.
September 28, 2018
Michael C.
Customer Service Specialist L2
International Affairs, 501-1000 employees
December 13, 2018

“Great tool for quick access to documentation!”

ProsWhen used properly, this is a killer app for internal documentation. It's incredibly easy to add, edit, and search for information with this tool. Within our support organization, it saves a toon of time when someone needs process info or how-tos... a quick search with basic keywords almost always gets what you need.
ConsNo so far... it's been stable and rock solid for us.
December 13, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 28, 2018

“incredibly intuitive and fast”

OverallThis is making it way easier to manage all our internal knowledge resources and have loved the experience
Pros-this tool is used by our outbound teams and extremely helpful when grabbing content or answers in the moment -fast and flexible; also love that we get feedback on our top knowledge content -super simple searching takes seconds to find what I need
Cons-not sure about the flexibility of setting up info because I'm not the admin, but sometimes have seen weird categories pop up - usually gets fixed quickly
August 28, 2018
Internet, 501-1000 employees
September 25, 2018

“Good for company-owned content”

OverallWe use Guru to better organize our assets for easy sharing and distribution amongst the team.
ProsIt's a great way for Directors, VPs, to control what folks access.
ConsIt's sometimes really hard to find what you want, you have to be smart about the way you tag and categorize items. Not good for knowledge share amongst peers.
September 25, 2018
Jonathan S.
Director of Customer Success
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2017

“I feel like a librarian, flinging the doors of knowledge open to my team.”

ProsIt feels like the connecting membrane of the teams. Suddenly the niche knowledge stowed away in each person is accessible with a quick search, all in the context of your day to day browser session. More practically speaking, my sales team uses this to quickly search our docs for the images or product details they need to answer prospect's questions. My support team uses this to remember product nuances, known issues and saved responses. We also feed it information for consumption by our marketing and sales team.
ConsI notice that my searches for tags when organizing my cards sometimes don't generate results. However it may have been my spotty airline wifi
October 10, 2017
Joshua K.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Guru is powerful and easy to use”

OverallWe use this for our users to have a clear understanding of how things work.
ProsI love how easy this software is to use and to have our users look up information, as well as the verification processes to ensure articles are accurate.
ConsGuru is great. I wish that there was an easier way to print a card, but that does not come up often.
April 8, 2019
Andersen Y.
Product Manager
November 27, 2018

“A great knowledge management solution - but you need your team's buy in”

OverallWe use it as a tool to support our sales team with the idea of them being able to self-serve and find the right pieces of information.
ProsIt is a fairly intuitive product to use and build on top of. We also integrated Guru into our Slack instance and urge our sales team to go through Guru before asking a human.
ConsI don't dislike Guru, but have noticed that with any KMS you need to have constant upkeep to ensure the quality of the information stored is good. Additionally, it's not enough to just maintain the knowledge, people need to be dilegent about adding to it.
November 27, 2018
Jessica S.
Sagar
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Guru is Great ”

OverallPreviously we were using a custom made support hub. I never used it it was so hard to search for information and I wasnt always sure that the information was up to date. Do not have these problems with Guru!
ProsI love the search feature. I love the tag feature. I love that you can submit suggestions to the update team easily!
ConsNot a bad word to say! Sometimes my desktop can get a bit messy when I open to many widgets. I have started to stick to the webpage view.
April 12, 2019
Jon D.
Senior Recruiter
February 25, 2019

“Great Knowledge Management System”

OverallThe company uses Guru to store all our knowledge/ policies / practices. Easy way to share information as a group and keep everyone up to date.
ProsWe used to store all our knowledge in Jira but recently transitioned to Guru. Guru easy very easy to use and has lots of cool features. The auto verify feature is great and makes sure information is kept up to date.
ConsIts a solid platform and I have not encountered any negatives in my use.
February 25, 2019
July 23, 2019

“Awesome for quick answers to call questions”

ProsI love how it integrates so seamlessly in Zendesk and Slack, tools we use daily. Having Guru permitted us to centralize all our information by searching from one place instead of going through different tools and not being such which is the correct answer.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to search our internal help desk as well
July 23, 2019
December 16, 2018

“User-friendly training ”

ProsReminds me a lot of Quizlet - great for keeping a record of organizational knowledge.
ConsI wish there was a way to practice and test of material, as if they were notecards.
December 16, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
April 23, 2019

“Guru Review”

ProsVery easy to use and keep a lot of information well organized. Information can be accessed a variety of ways, such as browser or web extension making the app customizable to individual's preferences.
ConsTakes a decent amount of training to get the hang of using the software.
April 23, 2019
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
February 13, 2019

“A great documentation tool!”

OverallIncreased productivity and efficiency!
ProsI love Guru! The interface is nice which, to me, is a great plus. There are so many features that are great. Let's say I edit a card and then my colleague goes in and changes it; I am able to see past versions and the changes between the two! You can also be notified some months later to remind you to look at documentation and update it, to ensure that all the information is still accurate. I love that you can easily go from one card to another. It's a very great tool.
ConsYou may need to take a half hour just to ensure you are familiar with the platform...but that's expected.
February 13, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2019

“Used Guru when looking to hire a freelancer”

ProsWas looking to outsource some tasks and used Guru to advertise and interview candidates. Didn't find a successful candidate using this site but it worked well to find some viable candidates, so I'd be willing to try it out again sometime.
ConsOnly complaint is that I didn't find someone but I'd try again.
January 9, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2019

“Great tool for centralized company knowledge ”

ProsI love the user interface and how things are organized within the app. Our sales and marketing teams can quickly bring up "battle cards" on competitors or just have an all in one place for everything company related. The analytics are great. You can see what cards are being used more than others and who are making edits to the information.
ConsNothing from Guru's side. I did have a hard time finding myself using the product at first because it lives outside of my typical google ecosystem. Perhaps integration with Google would be great but overall no compaints.
August 8, 2019
Kevin C.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2019

“Helpful Knowledge Base Tool”

OverallAs far as content / documentation systems go, Guru is a great one. Highly recommend it!
Pros- Easily organize, update, and otherwise manage all content. - Understand how content is being used with features like "Trust Score" and other reporting capabilities. - Collaborate with other team members via the "My Tasks" feature.
Cons- As with any knowledge base, there is a lot of manual maintenance to keep the ecosystem in tip top shape. - The tagging and categorization features do not always scale very well.
April 30, 2019
September 20, 2018

“Guru is helpful”

OverallIt's nice to have, but not necessary.
ProsGuru is great to have when you have a large team and a lot of information that needs to be shared across the whole team.
ConsI wish that Guru had more integrations and was easier to access. Right now, they have an extension and the online platform.
September 20, 2018
Ashante C.
Administrator
June 19, 2018

“This Information Gathering tool rocks”

ProsGuru is a cool, newer way to centralize questions about topics, products, etc and answers to these questions and how to information in one place by sharing the guru cards. Before using this, we had information in several databases such as SharePoint, GoogleDocs, Microsoft Office platforms, etc.
ConsWe cannot share product knowledge outside of the organization and so this is a limiting factor for us.
June 19, 2018
October 14, 2018

“Great idea, not so great usability”

OverallWe had to leave because the search functionality did not work and we ended up missing cards.
ProsGreat UI. Easy to navigate through different cards. Creating a card is easy.
ConsThe search functionality is absolutely awful. Trying to find something on the spot is a real challenge (even with as little as 40 cards), and it really ruined the whole platform for my team.
October 14, 2018
David S.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
March 20, 2019

“Easy to use company Wiki”

ProsEasy to share and update information across organization. Easy to provide feedback and comments to wiki info.
ConsIt's a useful tool for gathering company wide FAQs and SME Knowledge. No complaints.
March 20, 2019
Tyas P.
Student
International Affairs, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“ The simplest and fastest application for finding information!”

OverallAs a Student, I am very satisfied using the GURU add-on, because I can access various information quickly.
ProsGURU (add on version) has an easy access feature so information search can be done very quickly!
ConsThe trial version is limited in some access features. So you have to try the premium version, but I guarantee it's worth it!
August 22, 2019
Hunter S.
director of operations
April 25, 2018

“great for new employees”

ProsThis service is great because it is a great resource for our employees to access important information quickly and easily.
ConsThe only con that i can think of is that i have to login in all the time. i wish it would automatically log me in when i open my browswer
April 25, 2018
John C.
Business Owner
Internet, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“the more you put in the more you get out!”

Proswe have found that the more data you put into Guru the more benefit you get out. It learns really quickly and helps our sales team convert more.
Consdidnt know we needed it until we needed it! but it has made a positive difference to conversion
April 18, 2019
October 16, 2018

“Guru - 2018 ”

ProsQuick and easy way for new hires to pick up on vocab and relevant information to learn their job.
ConsThe search function is not always accurate and takes too long at times to find your desired card.
October 16, 2018
Rachel C.
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
April 2, 2018

“Access information at your fingertips”

ProsI love that Guru integrates with Slack. I love being able to find competitor intel, product information, etc all through Slack.
ConsI do not have any complaints right now, I am still fairly new to using Guru. I would love to see product updates.
April 2, 2018