PHP Point of Sale Ratings

Overall

About PHP Point of Sale

Powerful Mac, PC, iOS, Android Retail POS designed for a small to medium size business and its' multiple locations. Service and support starts with a no obligation trial then $28.25-$34/month per location with multiple billing options. PHP POS provides ongoing software updates and industry leading US support. Comparable features include Ecommerce, open platform credit card integration, store accounts, loyalty programs and other advanced features that you expect in today's retail marketplace. Learn more about PHP Point of Sale

Ben S.
Managing Member
November 17, 2016

“Robust, intuitive, and cheap for the small business!”

OverallI came across phpPOS while researching different POS systems when we were first opening. Suggested by a user on /r/smallbusiness, we were seeking a POS option that allowed us to utilize categorized products for our own stock, consignment based sales, and reporting features. Another caveat we held was that the POS was within our "limited" budget at the time -- phpPOS fit all of those needs, and more. We purchased, and two years later still use, the stand-alone version of phpPOS which fit our needs perfectly. We only use one register, but all staff have their own unique password protected logins and we can easily backup our inventory, sales history, etc. to an external drive. For larger businesses that require concurrent registers, etc -- you may want to consider the online version instead. Very happy with phpPOS and would definitely suggest it to other small business folks out there looking for a robust yet affordable POS option.
Pros- detailed inventory options with categorization - ability to separate consignment sales and suppliers - product / service separation - good reporting options - can customize with knowledge of php - extremely affordable - stand-alone product -- service outages don't affect your sales! - item-grid compatible with touch-screen (we have too many items, so don't utilize this feature -- but it's there!)
ConsVery little cons. Never had any major issues, nor had to resort to customer support. The POS is intuitive enough to figure out on its own. Gift cards can be a little confusing at first.
Recommendations to other buyersSleek and tiny -- can run on any machine really.
Wilfred L.
Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2016

“Great piece of POS software!”

OverallWe have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment. Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking. Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory. Other features for centralized server. Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server. Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting. An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5. Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.
ProsSimplicity Ease of use Great User Interface Straight forward functionality
ConsRapid updates. :)
Recommendations to other buyersTry it and you'll love it. Definitely perfect for shops and straight forward cafes and retails where it uses concrete inventory.
Brandon R.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
November 8, 2016

“Great Product. Great Support”

OverallPHP pos offers a robust user experience: slick interface, excellent sales and inventory tracking, and intuitive ease of use. Training employees to use the software took practically no time! Customers love the account features that allows history searches and store credit lines. My favorite feature: first rate customer service! Tech support responds quickly and thoroughly. And new feature requests often are met in the next release build. I highly recommend this mature platform that has made store management simple and efficient!
ProsCustomer support--trouble tickets resolved quickly and personally. Feature enrichment grows by orders of magnitude with each release.
ConsMaybe offer a video tutorial or other resource(s) on using the software for admins. Your interface is highly intuitive, but someone new to POS transactions might not understand, in principle, the rich value of all your PHP pos software capabilities. Your support forums are a great starting place for troubleshooting. I'm thinking more in terms of feature tutorials.
Recommendations to other buyersAdd-ons (barcode scanners, receipt printers) greatly enhance the user experience. Maybe consider turn key system offering for your customers? I opt for the manual install offering and have had no problems with any of the hardware I connected to the system. The only difficulty was gathering the equipment.
Chris L.
April 15, 2017

“Best value for the money... best value even if they charged more”

OverallThis system is amazing. The value you get for the cost of this system is hands down the best out there. You can spend 5 to 10K dollars and get suckered into NEC products that don't perform half as well. PHP POS provides so much above and beyond in the realm of customer service that any of the other people would charge you out the ear for. We have been using PHP POS as a hosted solution for a year and what little support we have needed has been immediately delivered. I know I am costing myself money here but they need to raise the price of this product. They are selling too cheaply.
ProsThis product does everything a small brick and mortar store needs. It handles them well. I run this system as my own hosted code so the team has created software changes just for me. You will never get that kind of customer service from another vendor.
ConsThere is very little about this system that is a negative. You are narrowly focused to a few Credit Card suppliers but that has expanded and I suspect will continue to do so. It does run in a browser so you do need to be sure to follow specific instructions and use firefox.. which is no big deal. I still use chrome and IE when I don't need the receipt printers.
Recommendations to other buyersJust get it. Do not spend the huge amount of money that companies like NEC and Retail Star charge small businesses.
April 15, 2017
Chad R.
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
November 8, 2016

“Great Affordable and Easy POS ”

OverallWe've been using PHP POS for about 3-4 years now and love it. It was reasonably priced and it had all the functions and features we needed. Have never had any problems with it and even when we upgraded to Windows 10 they're tech support was quick with a fix and we were up and running again within a day. Hope to keep using PHP POS for many more years.
ProsPrice for what you get, good support. Reliabble software.
ConsWould like more customization of fields (chance names and be able to delete extra fields we don't need when adding items...) We use it as for our consignment shop for artists, so it works but if we could customize it, it would make it even easier for volunteers to use too.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep the price and support the same. Many software companies when they grow, they merge or change. Recently we were with Giftworks for our membership database and then front stream bought them out and the price was astronomical so we left them. Then Homestead merged with Intuit and policies changed, then they left them and then prices went up and no development with the software so we left them and use WordPress now. There are always other options for customers, if you have a good thing, keep it good.
John R.
Retail, Unspecified
November 29, 2016

“Fantastic software for my firing range!”

OverallWe went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.
ProsEasy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)
ConsWould like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.
Recommendations to other buyersExcellent software for our needs.
Mari C.

“Excellent Customer Service”

OverallWe use the software for costing and inventory management since we are an online shop. While changing hardware, I couldn't figure out how to bring over the data. The customer service I received was unbelievably great going above and beyond. Using the software is fairly straight forward. There are a couple of annoying bugs but the next version promises to fix that. Comparing the value for the price, this is a good buy. I recommend this product.
ProsEase of use. Customer service.
ConsDays to expiry: Having to manually count the number of days leading to the expiry date. I would like to be able to enter the expiry date stated on products and have the software calculate the number of days so that we can run a report listing products expiring in x days. Kits: When creating a kit, the individual product cost appear, but afterwards when looking at a kit, the product costs are hidden making modifying a kit time consuming.
Recommendations to other buyersSoftware changes are probably driven from individual customer feedback. It would be great if we could have our say on the new functionality through online feedback.
Liz M.
Admin
April 17, 2018

“Excellent features for the price!”

OverallAbility to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!
ProsSo easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver! Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!
ConsIf somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!
Willow F.
November 8, 2016

“After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier.”

OverallI started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to be at the whim of my internet connection. The cost of upgrading to a newer version is so small that it is worth it. The latest version has so much more that you can do with stats. which I am really getting a lot out of. There could always be more but I am super happy with how much value and ease this has brought to my business. Willow Friday Iron Oxide Art Supplies Nanaimo Canada www.ironoxideartsupplies.com
ProsIt is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.
ConsThere are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.
Mitz L.
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“Hard to beat PHPPOS”

OverallTrying to convey away from the traditional Point of Sale system, we decided to test PHP Point of Sale. We were very impressed from the moment we started using it. Compared to the many different software we tried, we found PHP POS to have the best user interface. It is perfectly laid out, making the workflow very easy to understand. We also found PHP POS to be the fastest most responsive out there. Carrying out transfers and sales was very easy and logically delivered in the system. PHP POS also gave us the necessary reports for our staff. One of the things we liked the most about PHP POS was the ability to have it installed on our servers. None of the web-based software we tried allowed us to do that. When it came to customer support, PHP POS would answer our questions in a matter of minutes. The developers are also always on top of customers recommendations as we posted a few requests and they were added in the subsequent version. The only thing that PHP POS fell short for us was in its ability to add GL accounts to complement with a Financial software. Other than that, PHP POS is the best one out there. It can quite well adapt to many different applications in the retail industry.
ProsEverything. It is very well built software.
ConsIt does not have the ability to add GL accounts
December 14, 2016
Jesse C.
November 8, 2016

“Good POS but needs to grow with new fuctionality”

OverallPHP Point of Sale is a good web based and mobile software that matches well for small and midsize businesses. While the interface is clean and intuitive, the integration features to any major eCommerce platform is non-existent. We use PHP Point of Sale for our brick-n-mortar store, but have to maintain separate inventory from our online ecommerce solution which requires extra time and manpower. I recommend you throughly test the PHP Point of Sale application and see if it meets our needs. I'd like to see more features and functionality deployed and tested at a faster rate. The updates are far and few between. I would recommend to small businesses. When you're at the point of 1000+ skus and you're business grows, you made need to re-evaluate your business needs.
ProsInterface (Clean and Concise) Great IPad App / Mobile Useful Features
ConsNo integration with BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento, or Woocommerce at this time Product Import (SKU's) need to be enhanced
Recommendations to other buyersGood solution. I'd like to see faster development and enhancements to integrate PHP POS with larger solutions.
Raghu Y.
Ui developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
December 23, 2018

“Ultimate product for reports generation”

OverallPHP Point Of Sale gains a monetary for our business to track the reports at real time extremely high end product with lots of features in it, the items and inventory can generate reports based on sales. This program works great for businesses that use cash, check, or account numbers for their sales. For my business needs, it's gaining my business to huge thanks for php point of sale .....
ProsPHP point of sale is mainly used for reports generation unlike other softwares, php point of sale does it all work at one place, we can sync with apps that you already use like QuickBook, Square, and Woocommerce. To boost our business in no time ,extra clean format of dashboard can be maintained to the end user ie.. reports generation. Quiet easy with this software, php point of sale is a best product to recommended to small and medium-sized businesses people to track their levels of business in graphical format.. thanks for php point of sale
ConsNo cons till now php point of sale has to improve one basic source is when ever product is sold on daily basis or item can't be checked try to improve this overall good product
December 23, 2018
Charlie B.
Retail, Self-employed
April 17, 2018

“Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop.”

OverallIt streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.
ProsPHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.
ConsThe initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)
Eugene N.
Technician / Technology Advicer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
November 17, 2016

“A Happy user of 4 Years of using PHP Point Of Sales ”

OverallStart using PHP Point Of Sales in my on computer repairs business, been a happy user for most of the time due to the software functionality, stable and easy to use. Also it is on the affordable pricing; as a small business , software pricing is very important. Along these year had been introduce PHPPOS to client, they purchased it and we deploy it for them. Can see PHPPOS is growing into a mature software, our repair business had been grow together with different version of PHPPOS although we are not actively in the forum.
Prossimple, easy; straight to the point. that is the beauty for a small business usage no fancy not necessary function
Consno function of click/drag an item into to create a bundle and just display a final price instead of pre-create a package first then start sell it. Quotation/ Estimate never show as Quotation, it still show as Sales Receipt
David O.
Business owner
November 8, 2016

“Best pos I have ever used”

OverallChris and the team are amazing. When I first got the point of sale it did just about everything I needed. I had one issue and Chris added it in the very next version. I made more suggestions and just about everyone was added. I live in Australia and I have even had Chris call me once to sort out and issue. I got the feeling Chris thought it was was a very important issue to fix which is great to see. I am so impressed by the software that I am currently in the process of maybe selling two more copies to local businesses.
ProsFeatures are add quickly on request and the support is fast and really good
ConsIt's based on a tax system that is not local to me but the team made adjustments and added features which to sort this out. I would also like to see less need for a mouse.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have any questions about it ask in either the forums or directly to the team they are quick to respond and they will help you out
Sophia W.
Systems Administrator
January 2, 2019

“Absolutely Amazing Point of Sale”

OverallPhenomenal; and that's not hyperbolic at all. We are in the process of opening two more retail businesses and know for certain we will use PHP Point of Sale for each of them when we are ready to open. By far the easiest part of setting up a retail shop is dealing with the folks at PHP Point of Sale. Thank you for all the help getting started!
ProsSupport: Their support team is incredible! They go above and beyond what we expected. Ease of Setup: Our systems administrator said she loved getting this up and running and that getting set up with WooCommerce was simple. Ease of Use: Straight forward and well documented when you run into any snags. We had our Point of Sale up and running well before the slow credit card processing companies even thought about helping us.
ConsBitcoin Support: Quite literally the only negative I can think of is not being able to accept bitcoin payments (although, you can still tag them as cash sales if you prefer). It would just be nice to have that integrated natively, but it's really not a deal breaker.
January 2, 2019
Corey H.
April 20, 2018

“ Easy to use and customize for my business needs.”

ProsThis software is easy to start using, and offers a lot of features that I use everyday. The inventory management system is great to see what is in stock and what needs to be reordered. The customer system provides everything I need to manage my customer base and provide loyalty rewards. The ability to access the software from anywhere helps a lot when I am out and about.
ConsRecently, the barcode label system was reverted back to the old system. I appreciated the ability to skip labels on the barcode sheet, as sometimes my batch printing would reuse partially printed sheets. I would like to see the option to skip labels added back into barcode sheet printing.
Susan M.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
November 8, 2016

“Greatest Value Point of Sale system anywhere!”

OverallWe are a small cooperative grocery store all run by volunteers. I am continually amazed at the functionality of this package and it is priced at a fraction of other POS systems. Most of all, the dedication of the owner, Chris Muench is amazing. I have called for support at all times of day and night, including weekends, and he is always there, cheerfully talking us through the solutions. We literally could not have grown this far without this software.
Prosit is easy to use, stable, and gets the job done. It has way more functionality than we are using. Chris is always there for us and has helped us understand many of the intricacies. The low price is amazing. We could not have afforded the other products on the market.
ConsThe things we find lacking are the ability to integrate with a scale for the products that need to be weighed and a good "how to" manual so that we can easily learn how to use all of the functions that the software can perform.
11-50 employees
April 20, 2018

“Reliability and Awesome User Interface”

OverallThis software allows to control and manage an entire retail store, it's cloud based so you can access it anywhere with internet. It comes with different functionalities you can control the access to employees, cash, receivings, expenditures, create your own bar codes and it has different type of reports to see the behavior of your business. It's super intuitive so that reduces by a lot the time to train the people in charge of it
ProsBeautiful User Interface and Responsive to be used in tablets, cell phones, pc's Lots of functionalities through different modules Lots of Reports to suit different needs
ConsNeeds Improvement to cater service companies like restaurants Doesn't have the option to be linked with scales
Benjamin H.
IT Consultant
November 8, 2016

“Excellent product - Excellent Value!”

OverallI was looking for a new POS system for a client that is a very small business and couldn't afford to pay huge monthly licensing fees. A couple of times a year they run two registers, but mostly just the one. Other POS systems were expensive, inflexible and didn't offer the simple-to-use functionality we were looking for. We discovered PHP Point of Sale and their setup, ease of use, price point and flexibility are really second to none. From reporting to ordering to managing inventory, this little system does it all! Best of all, when using the Cloud-hosted version, they do all your backups for you!
ProsSimplicity. Easy to setup and use. Nice interface. Works with existing hardware.
ConsHonestly. I haven't found one thing that doesn't work for us. If I could have created software for my client, I would have created exactly this software.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work guys/gals. Your product speaks volumes for itself and one of the things that make it attractive for clients like mine is the great price point. If you charged a bunch more, people would look at other options (sadly, 'cause this is fantastic). Keep it up, and thanks for making a great point of sale system!
Vladimir R.
Managing Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2016

“Three years with this POS”

OverallI am glad and really thankful for rep this software and especially for his support, mostly initially. Very intuitive soft, easy to understand and operate. We are running for four places, integrated on one server. Incredibly easy to access virtually from any point of the world! I would say - one of the best soft I come across. There is some luck of reports, probably fixed on the version 15.0 didn't try. Otherwise - perfect.
ProsEasy to understand and operate. Very mobile, one can reach it virtually from any where in the world.
ConsLuck of reports and still confusing system of invoicing (sales in credit), luck of expiry date tracing
Recommendations to other buyersTo make it more easy to trace close to expiry date products and more regular reporting
November 13, 2016
Kevin R.
Webdeveloper
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2018

“I have been using PHPPOS since 2014, it allows me to monitor sales and staff from anywhere.”

OverallAcessibility from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. I can check on my Items, my employees and see reports of best selling items and so on... Also there is a neat feature that alerts a user to items that are running low. All in all it is a great software, just a bit costly compared now compared to when I first signed up. the price is up by 100% and im not including the extra features like ecommerce support.
ProsThe ability to login anywhere I have access to the internet. I installed the manual version and uploaded it to my web server where I control everything.
ConsThe new pricing is a bit ridiculous to me, Year and every year the price seems to go up.
Qadri T.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2017

“I have been giving this solution to my customers and they are more than satisfied with the software”

OverallBest ROI
ProsPHP point of sale has a very intuitive interface and that every new user can understand in a matter of few minutes. PHP POS has large number of reports with very flexible filters to get the information needed PHP POINT OF SALE has great sale handling capabilities which huge super markets require to handle volume of sale
Consphp point of sale comes with single location license and one needs to buy additional license for additional location. Credit sales is recorded in store account. it will be better if each customer has credit and debit accounts
August 22, 2017
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2019

“Great sales and inventory tracking software”

OverallUsing PHP POS has really helped us save money hiring people to do some sort of work. The software does everything for us and we can manage and track every single thing that is happening in the store.
ProsPHP point of sale is a great tool to have with amazing sales and inventory tracking, you can easily track everything in one place using this software. you can track customers, suppliers, sales, deliveries, price, reports, etc. Their customer support is just great if you have any glitch they are always ready to provide support and they're never tired of doing this is so great for us.
ConsIf you are using it for the first time, you might have a little headache. no detail video tutorial on how to use the software.
April 3, 2019
Marilyn G.
April 17, 2018

“Easy product to transition to from other programs”

ProsEasy to use. Easy to create categories and payment methods used. I like that one can suspend a sale while helping out another customer.
ConsWould like to be able to get a report of inventory levels from the beginning of the month to end of the month by looking at closeout reports. It just reports the current inventory amount regardless of the day. When entering a new item, one needs to find the next product number. It would be nice if it would learn how you create product numbers based on prior input and put in the next one for you.
lolah k.
company owner
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
November 17, 2016

“anyone one can use with minimal training”

OverallOur costume store has a high volume of customers at Halloween .We appreciate the easy use of php point of sale making it a great software for new team members to learn quickly. We have been able features we like and as our business has grown over the last 4 years use other features as our business has expanded.
Proseazy use
Conslayby funtion confusing and cant change the daily balance because of it can not see what sales person is using it. unless you sign out .then sign back in .
Recommendations to other buyerssingle newsletters on how to use each function some functions don' t use because there is so much that it is overwhelming .We could be using more but don 't know what is upgraded .
Burton P.
Retail, 51-200 employees

“POP software evaluation”

OverallThe software is great and when our IT person is looking for changes your people are right on it and do great work. The biggest issue is getting bogged down with the cloud because of extremely slow DSL lines (and sometimes they just stop) and to do anything about it we need to install T1 lines. Other than that we this is best product we have used.
ProsAmazing service to fix gliches and download our initial database. The ability to sort things by date scenarios and know where stores are at during the day is amazing.
ConsAs I said before sometimes our internet service which is a DSL doesn't work and that makes life difficult. That service is not by our choosing. We have areas of Pittsburgh that don't even have any service other than dial-up. We will have to put in T! lines at a substantial cost.
Recommendations to other buyersMaybe a device to allow the stores to hook into someones cell phone would be nice. I know things are available but something that may be designed better than the off the shelf dongle would be better.
Felix G.
Software Architect
November 8, 2016

“Great POS and Framework For Expansion ”

OverallI leveraged PHP POS as a base POS for a retail location and it provided me tons of capabilities out of the box. With the source available, I have been able to expand its capabilities in a plethora of ways - - integrating credit processing and then emv before the official releases, various gateway integrations my client required, support for other peripherals, dozens of custom reports and more.
ProsSource code available
ConsMy integration was based on a version from some time ago, but at that time the structure of the code was not very modular, and didn't have a hooking /filtering framework built in. This caused upgrades to be extremely painful.
Chelsea L.

“Extremely User Friendly!”

ProsI like that I can access the system wherever I am, this is extremely helpful when I'm away from the office and traveling. I love that I can train my staff quickly and efficiently and can allow them each certain levels of access as the learn and with their seniority.
ConsOnly issue I have is that when I need to edit a sale that was entereted incorrectly that I have to delete the whole sale and re-enter and change the date. Prior to an update I could edit the sale and it would keep the date the same.
Peyton H.
Sysadmin
Retail, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2018

“Great, easy to use software that works well. Missing some features but overall it is very good.”

OverallThe ability to actually OWN the software and not have monthly fees. The ability to have one central database and application for all 7 locations. The ability to modify the source code to fit my needs. The ease of use and the friendly support are all bonuses too!
ProsThis software is easy to use and easy to maintain. One single application with one single database for all locations makes maintenance a breeze. It has integration to Mailchimp, Woo-Commerce, and most of the hardware we already use. It even includes a customer loyalty system! The ability to process sales from any browser connected to the internet is very powerful. The support I have received has been nothing less than stellar. I have gotten most responses within minutes (within business hours), and have yet to have an unresolved issue.
ConsThe reporting system that the software uses leaves some to be desired. I have not gotten experienced enough to see all that it offers, but I wish there were an easier way to make custom reports using SQL queries to select the data. I understand that this feature would most likely go unused by most users, but from a sysadmin perspective I would like more fine-grained control over the data that I am able to select.
Roman G.
boss :)
November 19, 2016

“PHP POS - super!”

OverallFive years ago, he met with this software. Install, configure, translated into Russian, very satisfied. Translated by Google.
ProsEase of installation and configuration. Very reliable system. Easy stores and processes all of my sales for all time. For five years in the base more than 15,000 products and more than 130 thousand sales. If I need to analyze the sale, such as the categories of goods, or to withdraw all the goods sold for the year, the system is not choking, and provides the necessary data. Translated by Google
November 19, 2016
Vanessa M.
1-10 employees

“LOVE LOVE LOVE”

OverallWe have been using PHP POS for a few years now. I could not be happier with it. It is very easy to use, has great functions and can be used for any type os business. Their customer service is exceptional. After we had a break in and our computer stolen, they were able and willing to help us while we were in limbo and went above and beyond to get us back online. I cannot say enough great things :) I cannot say enough great things about this POS. I have done my research and this is the only diverse POS I have come across. Thank you for the past few years and many more to come. Thank you for every over the past few years, and the years to come. I highly recipe
Sam L.
Spa Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
November 5, 2018

“Excellent Customer Service”

ProsWe were blown away by the speed, professionalism and friendly demeanor of our phone technician that resolved our local host connectivity issues. He was able to back up our entire POS database and get the software updated and back online in just half an hour. This inspired us to recommend the software to other businesses and remain with the company in the forseable future.
ConsOverall, there are no cons. The software is very user friendly and efficient.
November 5, 2018
Rafael P.
April 17, 2018

“Best Point of Sale EVER!!”

ProsIts ease of use, the way it presents each of the blocks, billing, reports, inventory, etc. It is very manageable for people without experience in billing systems. For me it has been an excellent ally for 5 years.
ConsWhat they should improve is the flexibility of creating reports and adding a section in the billing to be able to add numbers of voucher sequences. Make the report of accounts receivable more clear and above all from time to time the sales of some clients are erased.
Peter W.
Owner / Operator
November 17, 2016

“I was lost until I found you...”

OverallI recently took over a bicycle repair shop from my old boss, he was pretty old skool. The cash register was a glorified calculator, record keeping was basically non-existent. I was seeking to modernize the operation somewhat, after pulling my hair out searching for straightforward non-cloud non-subscription based POS software I finally found PHP PoS. It's been great. Additionally, the support is incredible. When I make errors because I'm doing things I shouldn't be the *free* support saves my ass, every time.
ProsNon-cloud based. No subscription. UI is reasonably easy to use and understand. Cross platform A++++ I can't stress how fantastic this is. I really really don't want my pos software chained to a particular propriety platform.
ConsInability to create 'work orders' which would be more appropriate to my business of making repairs, making due with suspended sales works but is less than ideal.
Joshua B.
April 26, 2018

“I started using PHP about 4 years ago. Very nice people to deal with. Great Price.”

ProsEase of use is great. I can do most everything I need to having a small retail store. Very simple format for training purposes. I don't have the internet version but it is great to be able to use it on a computer and not "have" to use it on a tablet.
ConsThere are always glitches when it comes to programming software but they do try to fix when there is a problem. The only problem I have would be the taxes averaging is not exact.
April 26, 2018
Eko A.

“Love PHPPOS”

ProsIt is super easy to use and navigate. I have a multi-national business, so I needed a POS software that would allow me to do business in Ghana and the USA. It took me a while to find a POS that has everything I needed and PHPPOS came with all the bells and whistles.
ConsNothing. It's really awesome. The only enhancement I would ask for is when printing the barcode sheet, to have the ability to print the same barcode for multiple items
Christopher R.
Small Business Owner
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 17, 2018

“Always supportive, excellent product and support.”

ProsEase of use and the dashboard with graphics. I love the numerous report features/options that are available. It easy to add item and quantity and the display and graphics are exceptional
ConsUnable to see yr over yr reporting or month over month reporting comparison side by side view or etc! Being that I am a small business owner, I like to see what sales and expenses were incurred in a view by week over week, month over month and yearly vs yearly.
Bryan L.
Store Manager
April 17, 2018

“I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support”

ProsGreat support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.
ConsI am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.
Clay B.
Cfo
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed

“PHP pos best value”

OverallI have used PHP pos since it's inception and have never been disappointed. What I like is the developer never stops developing and so many new features have been added over the years. My search for a mobile pos that could easily incorporate scanning and credit cards without huge expenses has allowed us to continue to come back every year. If you are a small business wanting to get started quickly and economically this is the system you need.
ProsEase of setup and use. Great value.
ConsNothing
Recommendations to other buyersIf I didn't have have server experience I would definitely use the hosted version for simplicity
Yonge C.
November 8, 2016

“Good software if you do not need any customization.”

OverallI used it from approximately 2009 to 2014. Pros it works. No issues, Cons customization do not waste your money. I got it customized a number of times. Quick sale button. Keyboard shortcuts, combos etc. Unfortunately the guy who was hired by the owner of the software to help with production, did not do the job and I was done with paying for both software and customization every time a new version came out. It would always be an improvement but not backwards compatible. Use Odoo POS now.
ProsDoes what it is supposed to.
ConsNot modular. Very frequent code base changes.
john C.
Automotive, 1-10 employees
November 8, 2016

“Awesome product, I use it everyday on multiple devices”

Overallthis is the one piece of software that i cant live without. it is very easy to use and easy to customize. Since it is written in PHP, and the code is open, someone with some basic programming skills can tweak it. my only wish is that it would support more payment processors (like authorize.net) but i have a workaround. works great on my desktop (2 in my shop) my ipad, and cell phone. And since i am a small business, the price is right what i can afford. 2 thumbs up!
Proseasy to use, has all the features i want.
Consthere isnt anything i dont like
Recommendations to other buyers;)
April 18, 2018

“All function are complete to my shop”

OverallIt's an online version I'm free to access my pos every where and every time, I can many it and report it in short time, so i have time to run other business. For small business we don't need accounting department by using this full function pos with small money
ProsReport is every good, we can find the most as we need. And other best for me is import/export to ecommerce and website.
Conscurrency exchange for yet, Item should have type, example we can add it as Metter, Kilo, PCS or extra
April 17, 2018

“It does all I need to run my store. Great value for a very good price”

OverallEase of use and access on any platform...
ProsI like this software because it is a web-based software and I can use it on any device I have at hand at anytime.
ConsThe only con I have is that it doesn't work with my merchant provider "Square". I have to go outside of this software to process payments. I used another merchant that was supported by PHP POS but I couldn't use them anymore because most of my transactions are over the phone.
Stacie M.
April 17, 2018

“Best POS I've used or tried. Easy, packed with features and reliable. ”

ProsHow much I can do with the program. I have a standalone version I have tailored to fit its use in an antique mall with 50 vendors. I can teach even the most computer unsavvy vendors how to make item tags. BECAUSE of the program's ease of use.
ConsOnly one upgrade with stand alone purchase. Would like the ability to remove some features that are not applicable to my business with just the ability to turn off.
Vladimir D.
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
November 17, 2016

“Really amazing POS system”

OverallI was working in Excel for about 5 years, my XLS file was 120 MB large and it became really difficult to maintain it, especially for working with clients, I had an impression to be in 90s'. During all this time I was looking for a POS system that could satisfy my needs and finally I found PHP Point of Sale. In one word - Amazing ! Easy to use, has everything you need + any kind of reports, easy to integrate or to modify code if needed and support is really good. PHP Point of Sale is way better than any other POS systems that I tested before. If you are looking for POS system, spend 1-3 H on understanding PHP Point of Sale system logic and after that you will just LOVE it!
ProsEasy to use Code is free to be modified Good support
Karen A.
Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
November 8, 2016

“Excellent platform to build from”

OverallI am an experienced PHP developer that specializes in database applications for customer management. I have used PHPPOS for 2 client projects (a yoga studio and magazine publisher) as a base platform to customize from. PHPPOS has made it easy to extend, adding on extra modules as needed for my clients.
ProsExcellent out-of-the box functionality. Open source and self-hosted, so a developer can build onto it.
ConsSupport for product shipping would be excellent, it's something I ended up adding myself.
Isaac L.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
November 8, 2016

“The most complete and Simple POS”

OverallI got this software for a client who had a couple of retail stores, he need something simple and something he could monitor from remote. And of course in his money range. PHP Point of Sale did the trick, easy to install, It took a little bit of time to setup the products, but once done the client was happy and I had a done job.
ProsEasy to install and a lot of options for different types of business
Conssometimes some of the menus u have to get used to because the don't explicitly say what is is for.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
April 2, 2019

“The all inclusive POS you'll ever need.”

OverallVery affordable for a small business like the one I am currently managing. Varying capabilities for different users and the simple layout makes it very easy to learn (Very intuitive). We learned that it was a single location license and needed to purchase a second one.
ProsMultiple location POS functionality, intuitive, and powerful!! Great customer service, easy to install and very functional. Simple and efficient inventory managing. Two options for the POS; Download or cloud-based (Prices vary) You do get a 14 -day free-trial which we took advantage of a few months ago and signed up for the annual. Compatible with Square for Credit card processing.
ConsNot compatible with items that need to be weighed/ Scale systems.
April 2, 2019
Tasleem Q.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2018

“It is the best point of sale I have ever used that can be used from anywhere anytime to manage store”

ProsThe best thing in php point of sale is its device independent. We can use it on our mobile or tab as well. Its speed and ease of use to manage a store is very good. Php Point of sale has plenty of reports to analyze business from any aspect.
ConsIf server is not set properly performance degrades. I don't see option to define unit of measurement in items. Like price per KG