HappyCo Ratings

Overall

About HappyCo

HappyCo is the leading real-time operations platform for property management. The Happy Inspector product is used by thousands of companies and has captured more than 100 million items inspected worldwide. Founded in 2011, our mission is to deliver delightful mobile and cloud business software that makes work happier. Learn more about HappyCo

Real Estate, 11-50 employees
November 17, 2018

“Good, but there is Room for Improvement”

OverallBefore Inspector, we had to use a .pdf on tablets and hard copies of inspection forms, and digital cameras for photos. We lost many .pdf files and photos before we were able to save and send them (sending took a lot of time by itself). Honestly, who likes to use hard copies anymore? Especially in the field where they can easily be destroyed. We have never lost an inspection with Inspector, and they're not damaged when resting safely in the cloud. Inspector solved a huge problem for us. No more returning to properties after lost or damaged inspection forms and photos.
ProsWe are a property manager and use Inspector for all our property inspections. Inspections are made simple with the ability to modify templates for the different types of inspections we perform. The inspections upload immediately with an internet connection. They are stored online and easily accessed after completion. They can be printed in a professional looking report. If needed, the inspections can be edited after completion. Inspector syncs with our property management software, allowing us to access inspections in multiple places. Another great feature is the ability to take photos directly from the app and save them as part of the inspection.
ConsWe haven't had the best experience with customer service. This isn't an issue of competence, but response time, and even lack of response in some cases. The categorization system can be confusing and makes finding properties difficult at times. Especially when not connected to a network.
November 17, 2018
Julie K.
Property Management
August 29, 2019

“I DREADED doing walk-throughs for my rental units. Now, thanks to HappyCo, not so much!!!”

OverallMy walk-throughs now accurately reflect the condition of unit, with pictures that prove it. Refunding security deposits is easier with reports that clearly show and describe condition of units at time of move-in or move-out. Less disputes over whether damage was already present. When I present my new walk-through paperwork to the new tenants they are very impressed and are more likely to leave the unit in good condition when they see the detail and pictures!!
ProsDoing walk-throughs was my least favorite thing to do as a Property Manager. The walk-through forms never have enough room to write out descriptions, I could never remember the shorthand codes. Not easy to customize, I was always crossing items out or adding items in. My walk-through paperwork was a HOT MESS!! And do not get me started on taking pictures! I either took to many or not enough and never had the right pictures that showed the unit as a whole. HappyCo changed that! I now have a totally customizable walk-through that tells me what pictures to take, allows plenty of space for description, and even allows me to enter repair costs if needed! All from my cell phone! When I am finished, all pictures and information I have entered is uploaded so I can edit or make my report on my computer. HappyCo has an abundance of templates you can choose from or edit to reflect each location and unit. I use HappyCo for residential rentals but it can be used for commercial rentals or hotel rooms. Now all my walk-throughs are neat and consistent, printed out with all the pictures and easy to read descriptions.
ConsWith any new software, the set up is my least favorite thing. Customizing can be time consuming to reflect all different units but once it is done, you will be so Happy you did!!
August 29, 2019
Jason D.
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2016

“Great application!”

OverallGreat product! Easy to use and phenomenal customer support! I love the storage of old reports to review and look back at for reference.
ConsNo email contact memory. I wish it would remember the clients email for sharing generated reports.

By HappyCo on August 3, 2018
Many thanks for leaving this excellent review, Jason! We want to be sure you know that when you are about to send a report on iOS, you can tap the little plus sign to add your client email address/es. You can read more about sharing reports here: http://support.happy.co/reports-in-happy-inspector/sharing-reports-sharing-your-reports-and-customizing-your-email-template. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions at support@happy.co Happy inspecting!
July 19, 2016
April 12, 2019

“Great tool for inspections”

ProsIt has made a big part of work for property managers much easier. Easy to use with nice navigation. Very convenient on your mobile device.
ConsCustomer support can be better. Once I had an issue and I had to wait for a while before I got it fixed.
April 12, 2019
Chemicals, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Simple and Efficient ”

OverallWe love this software which has helped our PM business immensely! Easy to learn and use. Great to customize based on home needs.
Pros- Integration with Buildium - Simple - Convenient - App capabilities - Efficient for our processes - Customizable
Cons- lots of clicks - little clunky but worth it
April 22, 2019
Jackie P.
Property manager
October 3, 2018

“Happy Inspector for Propery Manager”

OverallIt has saved us a ton of time and makes tenants feel like we have been very thorough and professional during inspections. It makes us look good!
ProsWe are able to complete inspections professionally and quickly and have clients sign at the time of inspection and have a copy immediately sent to them.
ConsRequires some set up if you need to customize your reports and have to switch between mobile and pc to make sure it is working correctly for use.
October 3, 2018
Duncan O.
Carpenter/business owner
Construction, Self-employed
May 29, 2018

“Customer service is first class! Highly, highly recommend. ”

OverallProfessional, easy to read layout. Exceptional customer service
ProsEase of use, Customer service impeccable, Professional layout, Excellent detail Very versatile app.
ConsHaha! I honestly believe it is worth it. Just price it into your costs.

By HappyCo on August 3, 2018
Thanks so much Duncan for your great review! It means a lot to us! If you have any product suggestions or queries do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@happy.co Thanks again!
May 29, 2018
Sarah M.
Director of Transitions-West
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
July 31, 2018

“Phenomenal Support”

OverallImmediate syncing of walk data and interactive charts and graphs.
ProsSoftware is easy to use and report look great. Response from support side is immediate and polite. Reporting is easy to read. Happy Co is eager to work out any issues or show data based on client needs.
ConsNot necessarily a con but more of a tip. Set up process should be completed and vetted out between Happy Co and Client to ensure reporting is set up from the first DD rather than afterwards.

By HappyCo on August 3, 2018
Goodness Sarah, we are overjoyed, thrilled, and delighted that you have left such an amazing rating & review! Thanks so much for your endorsement and for letting us know what you think of our product and service. I have shared your remarks with the whole team and they want to say a big thank you because online reviews mean a great deal to us. Please let us know if you have any more feedback or suggestions at support@happy.co. Happy inspecting! ~ MR
July 31, 2018
ryan h.
maintenance manager
December 23, 2015

“AWESOME SOFTWARE”

OverallThe control that has been given and the seemingly limitless options on how to customize a property, inspection and report are amazing. Every suggestion to improve any inspection software i have ever used seems to be put in to the new version of Happy inspector. It took a little getting used to, but the chat feature for help is the best. Any question, regardless of how petty was answered in minutes through the messaging. even my own blunders such as accidentally deleting entire properties and reports were quickly remedied by the inspector staff. Thank you all and keep up the good work
December 23, 2015
Jesse M.
October 20, 2015

“Great support, product still developing”

Overall This app is stable, fast, and somewhat flexible. The customer service is top notch, and very supportive of its users. I have had several interactions with various employees and they have all been very helpful. The inspection reports are very attractive, but not as versatile as I would like. However, the developers are constantly making positive changes and I am willing to invest in this product.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Jesse. Thank you for believing in our mission and the company. We will be working on making better. If you have specific feedback on reports, please send an email to support@happyco.com
Leanne C.
Leasing Manager
October 21, 2015

“Great tool, very happy customer!”

OverallWe started using Happy Inspector a few months ago after hearing about it in the industry. It has surpassed our expectations. We used to use paper walk sheets and Happy Insector has made walking apartments, doing inspections and move in/move out walks so much easier and up to date for my team. I would recommend this to any apartment community on the fence about trying it out. You won't turn back!

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Leanne, glad you are having a great experience. If there is anything else you want/need, please let our support team or your account manager know.
Bob S.
Administrator
October 21, 2015

“Great easy to use software”

OverallI have been looking for a software program to update our apartment inspection program for several years and I finally have what I have been looking for in the Inspector program. It is easy to use, easy to edit as needed to fit your needs and works great. This makes our inspections much more effective as we can target the specific items in our two buildings and we can make notes and take pictures as needed.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Thank you for the review Bob. Let us know if you need any help with anything.
Trevor G.
October 22, 2015

“Very useful application with excellent execution and design”

OverallInspector is an extremely useful application that is user-friendly, intelligently designed, and well built. The app is updated frequently with new features and tools that always add to the overall experience. HappyCo has an extensive knowledge-base for questions and troubleshooting as well as a nice collection of how-to videos. Overall we are very satisfied with Inspector and HappyCo.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Thank you for your review Trevor! Always a pleasure working with you.
Neil M.
October 20, 2015

“Intuitive and perfect for our requirements. ”

OverallPrior to using this software we were forever juggling manual inspection reports, photos and action points. Now everything is in one place and inspection reports are prepared quickly for every site visit as a permanent record. Very flexible and user friendly, I don't know how we managed without it.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Hi Neil, I'm glad we've taken the headaches of using paper forms off your plate. We can't wait to solve more issues for you with our technology..
Key W.
October 27, 2015

“Daily User”

OverallWe currently manage close to 175 rental properties. Some properties are inspected every three months and others every six months. This app has made inspections easier for us. It is easy to use and were able to customize our reports. Now all of our reports are professional and can be emailed as soon as we the inspection is completed. This app has saved us a large amount of time.

By HappyCo on October 27, 2015
Thank you for the kind review Key!
October 27, 2015
Karen A.
Leasing Consultant
February 8, 2016

“Great application for conducting a comprehensive property inspection and very easy to use. ”

OverallI am a leasing agent and find this software very easy to use when performing move in inspections. On the rare occasion that I have needed assistance the staff is very helpful. I use the application on my Ipad and Iphone. When my report is complete I can download it directly from my computer and include in my lease packet. I highly recommend Happy Inspector, great app...
Megan A.
Senior Manager, Vacation Rentals
October 28, 2015

“Fantastic support!!! ”

OverallI think one of the biggest things that sets this company apart is their support team. I was completely blown away by their response time, easy to use chat feature, and great follow up. The app is very helpful, and so far I am loving the reporting system. I am sure there is a lot more I will do with the app, but for now just for basic house inspections its been great!
October 28, 2015
April S.
Community Manager

“Best Management Tool!”

OverallI use this app for all of my inspections. It has increased collections by providing detailed reports with tons of pictures. I also love how I can reference the unit pictures to see what kind of fixtures or flooring is in each unit.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
April, thank you for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing you at the next conference.
Connie H.
October 22, 2015

“I have been using this for a couple of weeks now, I find several things about it annoying”

OverallCant just put the tenants name on the report, have to put owners name and details as well. Doesn't automatically come up with owner and tenant emails in BCC when ready to email. Setting up a scheduled inspection clears all data Wont pick up internet while not in the office Saves day its been set up on report instead of day inspection has been done, if its altered saves that date. I only want the day and time of the inspection on it no matter what time and day I finish it off and send

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Hi Connie, Thanks for the feedback. We will look at those items for you. And we will get our Australian team to give you a call to see why your iPad is not picking up the internet. Have you switched on the Wi-Fi setting?
Tommy F.
TQM Field Lead
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 29, 2016

“Easy to Use and Create”

OverallThe app has a lot of customizable options so we can create something that works great for our company. The development team keeps coming out with new updates and new features and they are always open to taking suggestions and feedback.
July 29, 2016
Nicole D.
Sales Agent
February 8, 2016

“Great app to use with move in. Fast, efficient and reliable. ”

OverallEasy to use. Happy Inspector allows you to complete move in inspections with ease. You are able to take pics in the app, write comments as well as email the completed inspection to the tenant for their records.
Kaitlyn S.
Propery Manager

“Issues”

OverallHaving many issues with thi s software. Very slow, taking a lot longer to do reports. No cover page for condition reports. Have to add saignature panel every single time. Should just be there. All general comment, maintenance etc boxes still come up on reports even when left blank.

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Hello Kaitlyn. Sad to see you have had such a poor product experience so far. We will work hard to all these things on board.
Tracy W.
October 20, 2015

“I think its just me but I have been having a little trouble knowing where things are but slowly gett”

OverallI'm finding it hard to work out where things are to change tenants names and stuff but getting there

By HappyCo on October 22, 2015
Not a worry Tracy, if you need more help, please chat to our Australian team. :)
Angela C.
November 13, 2018

“Inspector by Happy Co makes us happy”

ProsPictures and notation can be implemented easily at time of inspection
ConsLost inspections done during trial period. Was not able to integrate. The initial trial was signed up on my own. The actual subscription started from within Buildium.
November 13, 2018