Cacoo Ratings

Overall

About Cacoo

Brainstorm and prioritize ideas with team members in the same office or around the world. Cacoo is a diagram tool for creating flowcharts, mind maps, org charts, mockups, and more. Our features include real time collaboration; powerful app integrations including Google Drive, Confluence, Visio, and more; vast amount of templates & shapes; and easy sharing options including embedding, links, and exports. Learn more about Cacoo

Damien B.
Backend dev
July 17, 2019

“Cacoo is the perfect software for many usage”

OverallEasy to learn and use, Cacoo let you make fast and great diagram for any usage. Nice to make mockup, especially with linked items that let you have a full interactive mock of your app. The software is also accurate enough to make some graphical mockup And as you can export them as PDF with link, you can even share them with everyone! The collaborative tools make this even easier and open Cacoo to a whole new set of usage. As its easy to use and share, you can have a very nice whiteboard to share with remote collaborator when brainstorming. And last but not least, the versioning system let you edit as far as you want any diagram without the fear of losing anything in the process :)
ProsEasy to use. Powerfull. Got some great features.
ConsThere is really nothing I can really complain about on Cacoo. Expect the fact that the very old diagrams made with the very old flash engine are not upgradable to the current one. That's really all.
Lisa R.
Product Management Lead
October 26, 2017

“I have been using Cacoo for about 2 years now. Very easy to use and perfect for my needs.”

ProsVery easy to use and almost immediate support after sending email. Easy way to visualize and organize your work. I provides me with the ability to use 'hand drawn' options which are pretty cool and make it look like we are just "whiteboarding" and not making real decisions right away which puts people at ease.
ConsI don't know if it is an issue with the product or my internet, but when the wire has a lot of elements it takes a long time to move items (grouped or selected together) or increase or decrease resolution.
October 26, 2017
Marc H.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Great collaboration software”

OverallWe've been using Cacoo for years. It is a great piece of cloud-based software. I'm looking forward to using the tool with the new interface.
ProsI use Cacoo to create highly accurate line art for websites, brochures and other collateral to share with clients prior to development. It has been an indispensable tool for communicating visually. I also like the link sharing function, which makes it easy to share drawings.
ConsThere should be a link share to view and a link share right into the edit mode. When I do share links, often my customers are confused on how to get from the front end of the Cacoo site into the edit mode to actually participate in the editing of the document. Also, sometimes when you zoom out, the fonts don't seem to render correctly.
Mark J.
Payroll Transformation Consultant
201-500 employees
July 5, 2018

“Simple, Functional, Accessible & Flexible ”

ProsCacoo can be used for a wide variety of things - As a product owner, I typically use Cacoo for workflow design, user-story mapping, and architectural design/diagramming. Our team is able to collaborate around the work within the application - and the outputs can embed straight into our Confluence pages (Atlassian software) using the Cacoo plugin. It's incredibly easy to use and I'm able to access my work across all of my devices.
ConsCacoo previously had a user-driven marketplace for additional stencils, which has now been removed. Whilst they significantly upgraded the standard libraries when they removed it - I liked to be able to browse and add additional stencils for the creative community it had.
July 5, 2018
Internet, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2019

“One of a kind”

OverallAs a software developer I need to create diagrams of states, make prototypes of graphical user interfaces, model data, create entity-relationship diagrams and graphic schemes in my proposals, in each of these activities Cacoo has been my support, through its interface intuitive, modern and its wide variety of resources cover 100% of my needs for layout and prototyping, Cacoo has helped me a lot in my professional activities.
ProsCacoo is an excellent application that is part of my most prized tools for prototyping, sketch-ups and any diagram I need. I am a software developer and I use Cacoo constantly, it is a flexible and powerful tool, definitely the one of a kind.
ConsI have not found anything negative to this wonderful tool
February 20, 2019
Chiara C.
Associate Project Director
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
February 11, 2019

“One of the best wireframing tools out there!”

OverallI have been using Cacoo for creating charts, diagrams, site maps, site architecture and to create images to use in presentations to take people through really complex concepts in a very user friendly and clear way
ProsI've been using Cacoo for over 7 years now and I still love it and prefer to most other online tools I've tried. It's good value in terms of price but provides an impeccable service and it's completely based online so it's very handy both for collaboration, back ups and can be used pretty much from anywhere.
Consthe only thing I'd like for them to improve is the image manipulation tool
February 11, 2019
Jenny H.
Cloud Developer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 23, 2017

“A lifesaver for the diagrammatic expert and process-flow-impaired”

OverallAfter using Visio at work for process flows for several years, I signed up for a free version of Cacoo specifically to mock up some wireframes. I've since started using it for all of my business needs, from diagramming swim lanes for documenting process flows, and I can't imagine life with out it. It's incredibly simple to use, and the free version is full-featured enough to really get a sense of what the tool capable of. The one time I had to ask support for help on a sharing feature they were responsive and knowledgeable. I've hooked a few other coworkers after just by sharing the awesome visual representations I was able to create and we're trying to get it adopted as the standard at our company. Such a time saver and it's improved the quality of my documentation and presentations immensely!
ProsEase of use, ease of sharing and exporting
ConsDifferent keyboard shortcuts for quick actions (e.g. ctrl + c doesn't always work to copy, so I try to remember to use ctrl + d instead to duplicate, but it throws me off for a second each time)Lo
Recommendations to other buyersLove how full-featured the free trial is!
April 23, 2017
Jens T.
technical Editor
Internet, Self-employed
March 18, 2019

“Best webbased Mockup- and Flowchart tool”

OverallI really like to work with Cacoo as I don't have similar Tools like Visio. It is a good platform to be creative. For Example I have used it to create a Gaming Board as a base for an upcoming Board Game.
ProsThis Software is really easy to use and is based on the most popular processes for building strong Flowcharts, Diagrams and Mockups. There are very many Icons and graphics to use
ConsAs it is a webbased Software in some circumstances it is a little slow. and of course you only can use it on big Screens. It should have better performance on Tablets like iPad.
Laron H.
Student
February 14, 2018

“A wonderful diagramming tool”

ProsTemplates, Templates, Templates. Cacoo has so many templates that I find it hard not to find one that meets a particular need. And once a template is chosen you just input your information particulars and there, you are done! Cacoo offers a great way to visualize your work and also is very organized. I like that it has a history feature to easily undo actions, and provides version control to track major changes.
ConsThe paid version might be on the pricier side when compared to other diagram development tools. Also, I have no problems in this regard, but a novice may take some time to get use to it.
February 14, 2018
Hariprasath T.
Salesforce Lead Developer

“Review for Cacoo”

OverallWhen you are a newbie for a Software product and you'll need to understand the product well then use Cacoo to create diagrams to easily understand the flow of the product functionality. When I used Cacoo it was really helpful to understand the functionality of a product using the diagrams Easily can share with the lead to get approval
ProsThe way we can use it to create diagrams. It's very much easy to create a diagram for a whole big software product features. I am using this and recommend my friends to use for their easiness to build a product in the diagrams using Cacoo.
ConsSometimes it's very hard to zoom in and out because the window is somewhat big.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
March 4, 2019

“Great Product have been using it for Years!”

OverallThe convenience of having multiple people working on a project at the same time and communicating with them within the tool.
ProsWe are an agency and I like that I can set up client projects into folders and EVERYONE on our team has access to project flows, site maps, and wireframes whenever and where ever they are.
ConsThe back and forth of going between NuLabs and Cacoo when I have to add another human to the account and or administer the account. Used to now, but it is confusing for anyone coming in new.
March 4, 2019
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
January 28, 2019

“Great tool for mock-ups and interactive wireframes”

OverallA robust, simple and fairly priced wireframing tool, that allows building great mockups for marketing and product managers.
Pros- Easy to use, requires no designer or programmer background to create interactive mockups - Many pre-built elements for constructing custom wireframes: buttons, inputs, icons, shapes, etc - Very powerful free version
Cons- Some UI functions are not very convenient or intuitive. E.g. it's necessary to click the panel item once again to close the context menu (rather than simply click outside the menu).
January 28, 2019
Ian Z.
Product Manager - Consumer Revenue
Publishing, 1001-5000 employees
October 23, 2018

“Your free trial got me! ”

ProsAs a product manager I found myself often times just just needing to throw together a simple wireframe/mockup and it's harder than you think to just find something simple and straight forward to get that done. Cacoo allowed me to use the full product (with a couple of exceptions) right away and then naturally it's what I thought about the next time I needed to do something similar. Eventually I got to the end of my free pages and the cost made it possible to easily upgrade.
Cons- Grouping images. There is no straight forward or easy way to group images and assets unless I am totally missing something. - Keep adding shapes- I think there is a really good start in shapes but you should keep adding shapes and working on the filtering system to get to those shapes.
Magdalena S.
Product Owner
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 30, 2018

“Great software!”

OverallI used on a daily basis for composing diagram flows, simple mockups in the IT industry
ProsIt has a lot of nice templates (especially for the diagrams). Mockups look clean and I have a lot of features and flexibility for using the elements and composing mockups.
ConsSometimes it is hard to find elements you need to use. Some of the elements for the diagrams are missing (especially when it comes to BPMN 2.0)
October 30, 2018
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 6, 2018

“Easy to use for simple diagrams”

OverallSoftware system architecture and design diagrams. Collaborating with teams across the globe.
ProsThe ease of use. It is simple and might not include all the fancy features of desktop apps like Visio and Omnigraffle but the fact that it is online and collaborative makes it perfect for sharing and collaborating across global teams.
ConsNothing specific comes to mind. More features are always nice but nothing specific I am missing.
November 6, 2018
Marc L.
Computer analyst

“review for cacoo”

OverallI'm a computer analyst and i use cacoo to draw the screen of the application. Very usefull and very nice application. Also eays to share project with the other analyst. Easy to learn how to use it.
ProsIt's on the internet. Easy to use, good software, reliable
ConsAt first there was a french version of Cacoo. With the new version, they remove the french version, just english. Il would prefer if we still had the french version.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
November 23, 2017

“Cacoo is very easy to learn and easy to use, with commendable customer support.”

ProsUpdates in real-time with collaboration features (chat, etc.). Provides local history to easily undo actions, and version control to track major changes. Basic objects are highly customizable via Inspector tab. Efficient for working by yourself or with a large group/team.
ConsCurrently unable to add new connection points to shapes. Would be helpful if compatibility with similar tools (eg. Visio) is available.
November 23, 2017
Diana P.
Studium Director
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees

“Eassy to use”

OverallWith the free version you can save your map to an image. This tool is useful to help students organize their ideas when they are working on a project collaboratively.
ProsCacoo allows me to organize my ideas in an easy way. It is very user friendly. The features that I like the most are the templates and the diversity of icons that I can insert in my mind-map.
ConsUnfortunately you have to pay to print your mind map or to save it to a PDF file.
James N.
Software engineer

“Great looking diagrams”

OverallI was turned on to cacoo when I noticed a coworker had amazing looking diagrams. He introduced me to cacoo and it quickly became my go to solution for presentation and documentation diagrams. It's easy to use and make things look visually appealing
ProsI really like how easy it is to create a diagram that looks visually appealing. It's easy to select a color pallet and style that complents each price of data I want to visualize.
ConsThere are only a few export options that are free.
John M.
Tech Support Team leader
July 14, 2017

“Great for quick diagramming”

ProsIt's easy to use and intuitive for the most part. Sharing diagrams in a team is easy - exporting to PPT or PDF is straightforwards
ConsThere are some advanced features that are missing which would be handy. To be fair though, I've not yet seen a single diagramming tool which has all the features you might need. They all seem to overlap in functionality but there's not one complete package.
July 14, 2017
David P.
Directeur de production et RH
Internet, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2019

“Easy to use and features packed.”

OverallVery easy to use and allows to deliver quick diagrams and maps to use in presentations.
ProsEase of use and versality are the two main advantages. It's so quick to be mastered that it makes it the "go to" application for drawing/mapping.
ConsI dislike the fact that you can't access the work one did during the trial period once it expires. For the rest, I dont have much cons to talk about really.
July 9, 2019
Fernando P.
Software Consultant
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2019

“You can express your design ideas”

OverallExceptional. Really really I love this product and the facilities that offer to me and my business
ProsHas templates that can help you to visualize ways to express the design and ideas to the customers and save time at the same moment
ConsMaybe need some upgrade about shapes options and templates related to paradigms like design process
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Productivity is the key!”

OverallI'm using Cacoo since the time i was in college, and along the time i saw how Cacoo has grown. Always to easy to use and with a complete toolbox. I'm a mind map lover, and with Cacoo is to easy to create and most important, share.
ProsEasy to create diagrams and share with the team, improving the productivity!
ConsIt could have a desktop version to work offline.
February 12, 2019
Design, 1-10 employees
January 7, 2019

“One of the Best Application to Recommend”

OverallI use cacoo to do all my project flow chart since Degree to Master to Working. Always recommend Cacoo to all my colleague. Best Application ever.
Pros1) Easy to use 2) Make everything more efficient 3) Visualize tools, easy to understanding 4) Can be work with team
Cons1) Not suitable for using while in slow internet connection 2) Prefer to have "Snap Tools", so that "Line" can get more accurate with others
January 7, 2019
Gonzalo P.
Technician
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
March 25, 2019

“A clean and easy tool”

OverallCacoo is simply the best toool for office layouts, Mobiliary design, datacenter modeling, and any grafical task.
Proscacoo, give the posibilitie of do some Office Layouts and Datacenters Maps in my six Jobs where i ise it, and i dont know any other tool that help me to do my jobs in that way. Cacoo is very simple, usefull and easy to use.
Consi have no cons to tell, i used cacoo for a very long time and i havents any bad thing about it.
March 25, 2019
Kay Marlina K.
Lecturer
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
March 12, 2019

“One of the great teaching tools”

OverallI can monitor my students' progress and see how they are collaborating in creating diagrams. I can't find any other tools the same. Great work.
ProsI can add my students into groups and they can collaborate with each other.
ConsI can't create sub folder for the projects/groups. Its will be better if I can rearrange the completed projects.
March 12, 2019
Martin T.
Software developer
December 19, 2018

“Happy Cacoo user”

ProsI like how easy it is to share a sheet you just created. I often add them to the README.md in my software projects. It's important dat diagrams look good and that is easy to do with Cacoo.
ConsThe paid version is a monthly fee but I don't use it that often. I might pay for an extra sheet or a more pay per use model.
December 19, 2018

“Good tool”

OverallVery good experience.
Pros- Multiple users can edit one diagram at the same time. - Functionality to "play" diagrams like a presentation. - Nice export options (pdf, png) - easy to share with other users
ConsIn the past, Cacoo was using Flash but they've already migrated to HTML so, no Cons for me.
Yu Wei C.
Backend Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
October 23, 2018

“My love and hate tools.”

ProsMy favorite software is the Shapes, I can easy to find the match shape and using on my graph in the min time.
ConsMy least favorite is the Elbow Line. I use a lot and copy the elbow line to connect the shape. sometime when I modify elbow line to up-down or lift-right. it will output Lightning type.
Eduardo Enrique H.
Software engineerinig
Program Development, Self-employed
October 1, 2019

“Very practical program”

OverallIt has been a fantastic experience, I love the program because it has all the necessary tools to design web pages that is what I do
ProsIt has many functions to design web pages
ConsThe cost of the program, I have no problems with buying a program, but being paid from time to time if it bothers me a little
October 1, 2019
Ruchi A.
Senior Software Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
May 20, 2019

“Made flow chart so easy ”

ProsLiked the colored boxes. Very ease to use and the way of alignment is just great. Quick and nice solution for making any type of complicated flow diagrams.
ConsThe only thing I like the least is selecting and moving multiple objects from one place to another.
Luis Arturo M.
Programer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
April 15, 2019

“The best diagram software out there ”

OverallI have been using it since i was on university, I have used to make software diagrams, electric diagrams, and red networking diagrams
ProsI love the flexibility of it, the fact that i can use it on every computer that i am.
ConsSometimes it gets slow, the flexibility comes with a cost.
Giuseppe S.
IT PMO
Gambling & Casinos, 501-1000 employees

“Excellent Web Application”

OverallI use this platform principally to create presentation and diagrams that support me in my work. I'm working as Project Manager in a Gambling company.
ProsThere are more motivation to advise this software to my collegues. Principally the platform is very simply to use, the interface is very intuitive. I use this platform because there are a lot of templates that I can choose, there are icons and functions that support me to create diagram and presentation in a short while.
ConsThere aren't functionality that I like least about this software. I think that this Web Application is perfect.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Review”

OverallPretty good. I am still here and there are a lot of options out there. I think your price point is the main reason.
ProsI can make a quick diagram for my dev team. Easy to use and understand.
ConsI wish the icons like the AWS icons displayed the name of the icon. I think it is a waste of time to have to enter AWS Cognito. Need way better mobile wireframe icons. You need to group your icons based on devices, frameworks, or operating systems.
Nelson B.
Developer and system expert
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Flexible user-friendly diagrams”

OverallI used this tool since university and I still use it in my job, because is a user-friendly tool, for basic to complex diagrams and it has many applications in different scenarios.
ProsI like it because is an user-friendly tool, for basic to complex diagrams.
ConsExport options need to be expanded adding new features.
Rohit G.
Senior Associate
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Awesome Flowchart Solution!”

OverallAwesome Flowchart Solution..:)
ProsVery ease of use. Loved the interactive tools. Have almost all the functionality which I need to design a flowchart.
ConsNothing I think of so far. Perfect solution for my work.
Libraries, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Great experience”

OverallI use cacoo for teaching and making mental maps by also organization chart
ProsThis software is very friendly, is easy to use and it gives us a lot of alternatives to make great presentations. I do like it
ConsI use free version, I would like that it lets print in pdf.
March 6, 2019
Computer Hardware, 5001-10,000 employees
January 15, 2019

“Try it, You wan't regret”

OverallFriendly, Convenient, Use it everywhere.
Pros1. Free 2. Easy hands on 3. Power charts, flow, and a lots of template from internet.
ConsFunction upgrade: Flash to html5. Faster that you can't imagine. of course, free for limited sheet.
January 15, 2019
Ivan U.
Registrar
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 5, 2019

“Quick and simple”

OverallIts great. Its really easy to use. Great for simple and quick diagrams. Really recommend it.
ProsEase of use, useful features for creating diagrams, layouts and mind maps
ConsLimited exporting formats in free version.
May 5, 2019
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
April 22, 2019

“It's an OK tool to build overall architect diagram.”

ProsIt has AWS basic icons support. And I don't need to install software on my laptop to build diagram.
ConsThe AWS icons are not in the same style. Some of them are lighter, some of them are heavy background color and larger.
April 22, 2019
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees

“Review”

ProsIt is possible to make all diagrams possible for a diagram and use this in presentations. That's the best thing about Cacoo!
ConsI think I could have more objects to use in the diagrams, but otherwise the software is very good!
Yen Ching L.
Chief Product Officer
November 5, 2018

“A tool that every product manager needs”

ProsGives you the flexibility to create wireframes and mock ups easily.
ConsNewest version has a few bugs to iron out but the customer service team are great at getting issues resolved quickly.
November 5, 2018
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 6, 2019

“Not enough features”

OverallEven when it is a easy to use software it does not have enough functionalities and its developments has been slow.
ProsThe easy of use is its strongest point.
ConsThe look and feel and the lack of features.
August 6, 2019
Pedro R.
Engeneering validator
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
June 17, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsIts easy to use and learn, one can do great diagrams out of 5 mins of tutorial and tries. Its a Software that i used in college and still use it nowadays. Another positive thing is its 'Export' options, easy and without watermark.
ConsThe only thing i would improve is the UI as sometimes i get lost, but is not a big deal.
June 17, 2019
Farming, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2019

“fantastic for developers and business admin”

Proseasy to use. used trial and I was productive immediately. great value.
ConsI wish I could share with another developer.
April 23, 2019
Jongmin S.
Job hunting
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
February 25, 2019

“Creative and compact tool”

ProsUser friendly UI/UX Very simple to import and export Template
ConsA bit of cartoon and low quality rendering/graphic Not various icon, template and items
Marta H.
Developer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“Powerful tool for diagrams”

OverallI always use cacoo when I need to design a diagram or a we prototype
ProsCacoo is the easiest way to design diagrams and prototypes. The available templates make the user experience much easier. It is very easy to design diagrams in a fast way and there are different components available
ConsThe available components should be updated more frequently to provide more options to the user. I don't like either the projects limitations with free accounts
August 27, 2019
Karen M.
Ingeniero
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed

“Cacoo is an excellent”

ProsEasy to use, you can collaborate With other people
ConsIt is not easy Align object and i have to register again yesterday
Frantisek H.
Senior Project Manager
Civil Engineering, 5001-10,000 employees
December 18, 2018

“Cacoo as my friend”

Overallall kind of schematics, tables, organization charts, and more
Prosuser friendly and robust tool, easy to learn it
Conscreativity allowed, very good templates
December 18, 2018
Gabriel C.
Entrepreneur
Entertainment, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Perfect ”

OverallI was able to design my dream app very easily. And that comment button is really smart
ProsSo easy to use although I don't know anything about computers
ConsI can't inser videos. And also it's not free lool
September 24, 2019