Simbli Ratings

Overall

About Simbli

Simbli is the first and only comprehensive board management software solution for effective board governance. Featuring four core integrated modules that help boards maximize productivity, Simbli brings together paperless meetings, strategic planning, policy management, and performance evaluations into one, easy-to-use board management software solution. Simbli - Board Management Made Easy! Learn more about Simbli

Susan L.
Board Secretary
July 6, 2017

“Exceptional Product, Even Better Service”

OverallSimbli helps us save time and money. It helps automate the routine tasks we do everyday, increasing both efficiency and effectiveness. Now that we've been using it, I'm not sure we could ever go back!
Pros Our board loves the fact that Simbli helps us with all of our board management needs including meetings, planning, policies, and evaluations. We've actually managed to eliminate several other software platforms we invested in and helps us keep all of our data and information in one, central location. We had a party when we took our massive board policy binders and dumped them in the trash! We also love the support eBOARDsolutions provides. I've never met a more helpful bunch of folks. They routinely go above and beyond to provide free training and support that comes with the purchase of the product. They often say that the measure of a product is how much it actually gets used and the support team has made sure we get the most out of the product each and every day.
ConsWhile they do have a dedicated iPad app which is brilliant, it would be helpful if they also had a dedicated app for Android as well. You can easily access the software via a browser on any device but it may be easier for those who have something other than an iPad.
July 6, 2017
cynthia d.
Executive Secretary/Parent Mentor
December 11, 2017

“We have utilized this program at least 8 years. I like having this program.”

Overalleverything in one place pull up documents from years ago less paper on my desk board members and other administrators can utilize this program to see all the work being done
ProsI like a place that everything can be together. We can put every meeting in our district in one place. I like being able to pull up an old contract, see when the schools have had a leadership meeting, etc. I like that documents are uploaded too. I love the new features with the minutes. This is a great help.
ConsSometimes it is hard to search for things, if you do not know exactly how you put that in. There isn't anything wrong with the program, it is like that with word too. I am happy with the new features that help me a lot with finding the meetings and the overall help with the minutes. That really needed to be improved!
Michael H.
Senior Tech Support
May 27, 2018

“Eboard has been a great change for our old "book style" board meetings”

ProsWe were able to completely move to an electronic Board Meeting from the old Pen and Paper solution. We are able to save a TON of paper, because our Board Members required a set of papers for their home and for the meeting, then we had to re-print everything on larger pages for our Minutes Book. It has saved tons of time and money!
ConsWe had some issues with setting up our templates for the board meetings due to the way our old templates were setup. This is not a problem with the software, persay, it is more a problem with the way that we did things. I would, however, prefer a way to setup a custom template with %field% names to be able to drop into specific places in the template.

By eBOARDsolutions on June 1, 2018
Thanks for your review, Michael - very much appreciated!
May 27, 2018
Andy R.
Board Development
October 25, 2016

“One-Stop-Shop for Board Governance”

OverallSImbli is a fantastic product that allows helps facilitate all of our board governance needs in a single, easy to use application. GSBA has been using the application for almost a decade and we've been tremendously pleased with the products, services, and exceptional support the eBOARDsolutions Team provides. Highly recommend!
ProsI like the fact that the software is completely integrated, allowing me to link items like policies and evaluations to board meeting agendas. There's tremendous flexibility with the software and it help us reduce both the time and expense associated with preparing for, conducting, and managing meetings.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersShop around and make an informed decision. You'll quickly find there are a few solutions that may hit the mark in certain areas, but none that come close to the suite of features and functionality Simbli provides.
October 25, 2016
Jan B.
July 10, 2017

“Simbli has made my job so much easier - it has made me much more efficient in my day-to-day tasks!”

OverallThe main benefit that I get from this software is that it is searchable, very user-friendly, and it keeps everything neat and organized in one location. I can complete board minutes quickly, and never have to retype the same information repeatedly.
ProsSimbi is very user-friendly. I like that I am able to make additions/changes in seconds. I no longer have to make a printed board packet and deliver them to board members. I just click a few buttons and board members can see their agenda information. One of the most helpful features that I use often is the "SEARCH" function. I can find approved items or policy sections in a flash. Simbli simply make me look good at my job!
Jan M.
July 10, 2017

“This product has been part of my daily work life since 2004 and I cannot imagine not using Simbli!”

ProsI use the Meetings Module in Simbli to prepare monthly Board of Education meetings. It is absolutely seamless. Access to individual agenda items may be assigned to appropriate staff members with ease. Supporting documents are easily imported. All of the Simbli modules are very intuitive. The search feature is helpful for referencing past meetings. When it's time to publish the agenda I do so with confidence, knowing that everything I needed was there from the start to create a flawless meeting.
Peggy S.
Superintendent's sec.
December 7, 2017

“ The customer support is ALWAYS great!”

OverallAn efficient way to see, monitor, control meetings and the use of policies is also wonderful!
ProsThe simplicity of this and the customer service and knowledge they have. I like the help section with videos also.
ConsThe meeting listings- would like a default to be able to set for certain people. Our board members don't want to have to find their meetings, I have showed them meeting type so they can select but they forget. Wish I could default their meetings under user admin.
Robyn K.
Administrative Assistant to Superintendent
December 7, 2017

“Simbli has made my job so much more efficient. I love it!”

Overall It saves trees. :) The software is much more efficient. It's easily revised. It frees me from creating almost 20 notebooks for every board meeting! That in itself would make me a user!
ProsThe thing I like most about using Simbli is the ability to import documents and share meetings with other users.
ConsThe formatting and line spacing in the body of the meetings module gives me trouble. Maybe I need a webinar on formatting the body of summary, recommendation, etc.
Angela P.
Secretary

“Great!”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is the "search" feature. It allows user to specify which module to perform a search query which saves time in retrieving your desired result.
ConsMy least favorite feature regarding this software is the inability to change and edit formatting of templates.
Melissa L.
Administrative Assistant
December 7, 2017

“The software is easy to use.”

ProsI like the improvements made to the Documents section. It is much more user friendly and intuitive. Adding documents is easy and so is setting permissions.
ConsThe search function. I do not want to have to go into advance search to look up information prior to 2 years and, often the advance search doesn't work
Doug R.
Board Member
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
July 7, 2017

“Simbli is simply the best. This product streamlines information in an efficient manner. ”

OverallStreamlines information and accessibility
ProsI can to go one place and find any information I need about our school system. This product allows us to leverage technology in a powerful way. With its unique one-stop capability, anyone associated with our school system can access information with the click of a button and instantly increase knowledge and productivity. Simbli is also an effective tool to educate all stakeholders within our community about our meetings, policies, procedures and success.
ConsOnly that more people don't use this exceptional tool. This product is well thought out and has the means to transform any users effectiveness.
Karen F.
August 17, 2017

“I have been using this product since 2007. It has been user friendly from day one.”

ProsIn short, the things I like most: Customer Service is top notch, product is intuitive and user friendly, help feature is thorough, this product makes my job much easier.
ConsThere are a few features in setup that I wish worked a little differently. Other than that, I love eboard/simbli.
August 17, 2017
Heather T.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent & Board
December 8, 2017

“Simbli is a good program and easy to use. It has made my job much easier. ”

ProsThe ability to assign the agenda items and share in a digital format. The ease of sharing the agenda with the board and public.
ConsIt has it quirks. Duplicating agenda items when first entered; randomly losing text that was typed into an item.
Claire M.
Chief Academic Officer
July 18, 2017

“Simbli provides the system with the perfect tool to ensure that all of our work is aligned!”

ProsWe utilize the Simbli planning module to manage our strategic plan. Goals and strategies are aligned through the process of developing performance objectives, initiatives, and action steps that focus on clear targets. With Simbli's planning module, we can effectively communicate the strategic planning process and the measurable outcomes to all stakeholders. The module allows employees to focus on their areas of responsibility while understanding how their work fits into the overall plan. We are also beginning to use the planning module for School Improvement Plans.
July 18, 2017
Margaret C F.
Administrative Specialist
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
December 11, 2017

“The program is definitely user-friendly.”

ProsThe software is user-friendly for both individuals having to enter information and those using it for research. The icons make it easy to figure out how to navigate through the various screens and functions.
Scott C.
Superintendent
July 9, 2017

“Our experience with Simbli has been very positive and has made us a better organization.”

OverallIt allows us to centralize our efforts to create, monitor and communicate our strategies for improvement.
ProsSimbli is comprehensive, deals with key areas such as agendas, plans, policies and evaluations, it allows for display of results and communication of strategies to achieve results and the customer service is fantastic.
ConsLike any software platform Simbli has adapted to changes desired by the end users. Sometimes we would like to see these changes happen quicker.

By eBOARDsolutions on July 9, 2017
Thank you very much, Scott. Carroll County Schools is a model for success in effective board governance. eBOARDsolutions is proud to be of service!
Lesley B.
Public Relations Coordinator
December 11, 2017

“I have enjoyed the personalized customer support I receive from Simbli.”

ProsAs a public relations professional, I like the search feature and the ability to readily find what our stakeholders need and share it. I have also found that I can hyperlink directly from an agenda as well as a PDF. Those things make this a great services to help your audience understand a particular board action.
ConsSometimes, the backend functionality seems difficult to do if you are setting up a meeting. Adding content to a meeting that has been set up is simple!
Deshonna F.
HR Coordinator
December 7, 2017

“The software is easy to use.”

ProsAbility to search for names from previous board agendas. Ability to copy and paste information in various parts of the software.
ConsI least like about the software is the lack of ability to search multiple ways. Should have the capability to search longer than five years.
Karen J.
Executive Assistant
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
December 7, 2017

“The Simbli software has saved time and expenses for our school district. ”

OverallI take the time to connect those in my network with the Simbli link.
Pros The strategies that Simbli provides for achieving productivity are invaluable. Simbli serves to meet the needs of education. You make a tremendous contribution to public education.
Ada C.
Administrative Asst. to Superintendent
December 7, 2017

“Eboards looks good in our webpage and the technical team and webinars are commendable. C”

OverallWe can keep all of our meetings organized in one app and publish the link in many different places.
ProsThe look, how easy it is to create a new meeting, the front page with pictures and information looks good on our webpage. I think the support team is great and one of my favorite features is clicking the help button and getting help right away. The user manual is also very helpful.
ConsThere is too much clicking . The formatting of text on the edit tool is not user friendly. It should be easy like a Microsoft program. Instead I have to learn code just to format an item. Minutes are cumbersome as I have to click item by item . I have many recurrent items month after month that I have to retype because I can't import minutes from a prior meeting. I have to reformat Agendas and Minutes in Microsoft Word. I could never use a PDF Agenda created with SIMBLI - formatting never looks good. I am not able to download all of the attachments at the same time - I can download the meeting then go back in each folder and grab the attachment. SIMBLI consumes too much of my time for items that should be faster and easier.
Beth C.
Communications
Public Relations and Communications, 5001-10,000 employees
July 9, 2017

“Our school district is very pleased with simbli / eBoard - it's a great tool!”

ProsGreat tool for paperless Board meetings; easy way to publicize meeting agendas, minutes, and policies. Great search tools that easily find specific topics. Good way to keep current and easily access educational resources, GaDOE news and more.
ConsNothing comes to mind. Whenever I have an issue, the support team is very responsive and help with whatever posting or question I have.

By eBOARDsolutions on July 9, 2017
Thank you so much, Beth - it's an honor to serve you, your board, and your district!
Gina S.
HR Secretary
December 11, 2017

“Has made my life so much easier. The time saved has been remarkable.”

OverallIt's easy to use, it is a time saver.
ProsI love how easy it is to copy meetings, so you don't have to re-type the same categories every time. I love how you can move the item around. I love the search feature.
Trudie B.
Assistant to the Supt and BOE
December 7, 2017

“Using Simbli has saved me a great deal of time!”

OverallTime savings and the ability to search for past meeting items without having to search through files and notebooks
ProsI feel Simbli is user friendly and provides the ability to have history with easy access. Multiple people can use at the same time and contribute their portion of information.
ConsHaving to import the meeting minutes to format in a usable/professional looking way. Printing or emailing a policy has been challenging.
Millard A.
Board Member. Former Chairman
July 7, 2017

“Experience with eBoard has been outstanding ”

OverallEffective and efficient Board Meetings. Excellent policy section. Strategic Allan module tires in nicely with Evaluation Module
ProsSimply,ease of use. Where there is an issue, support has been super. Staff is very qualified and extremely helpful
ConsLimited deficiency However, sometime the correction icon is very sensitive. But ion the whole, the product is quite good
Tiffany W.
Admin Assist to Super
December 7, 2017

“I was new to the education world 3 years ago. Meetings and minutes were made easy with Simbli.”

ProsEase of use, intuitive, great custom support, minutes and meetings are easy to setup/create and share
ConsPolicy module is slightly cumbersome, but still a good product. I would like for the board agenda to share instantly with Board Members when is made public to them instead of having to send them a link.
Chris K.
Executive Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2017

“By using this over the past few years, we have drastically reduced the amount of paper used.”

Overall allows us to post all of our items for our meetings in one place, allowing our members to review them weeks prior to our next meeting. Each member is given a private account to login with.
ProsWe like the ability to allow our Board members to see the documents weeks ahead of our meetings, as well as the ability to mark some items private, and others for public view.
Karen H.
Superintendent's Executive Admin Assistant
July 11, 2017

“Excellent product! Easy to use! Great support!”

OverallSaves a lot of time! Reduces the cost of having paper copies of the board packet.
ProsThe ease of creating an agenda and having administrators responsible for submitting their information. Easy to communicate with administrators.
ConsWould like to see the history of the meetings grouped by years instead of running through a long list.
July 11, 2017
William W.
Board Member
July 12, 2017

“The BEST governance tool on the market. Keeps me and our team organized and up to date with ease.”

OverallEase of use and connectivity to my role as a board member.
ProsAccessible and relevant for multiple board functions and policy review. I never feel behind when I go to a board meeting.
ConsUpdates frequently but that's kind of par for the course. I would like to have more notice for password changes too.
July 12, 2017
Kathy M.
Secretary to the Board of Education
July 10, 2017

“Simbli is a great management product - assists us to be more efficient, organized and transparent. ”

OverallTime savings, improved efficiency and organization.
ProsIt's easy to use and the customer support is outstanding. The integrated modules allow us to access all governing documents in one location. Unlimited number of meetings, planning documents and evaluations makes it very cost effective.
Cathy T.
Executive Assistant for the Director of Administrative Services Dept.
1001-5000 employees
December 11, 2017

“I use Simbli to enter system policies and read our Board meeting minutes.”

OverallThe software makes it easy to find information that I need to do my job efficiently.
ProsThe software is very easy to navigate and the Help feature is comprehensive and easy as well. I can always count on Sandy V. to return calls or emails if I am having any problems.
Scarlet D.
Project Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 5001-10,000 employees
December 13, 2017

“Overall, the software is great for Board meetings.”

OverallEase of preparing Board meeting agendas, accessing information during Board meetings, and producing meeting minutes.
ProsI like the new auto save function, the ease of use for Board members to utilize this platform during the actual Board meeting, and the minutes taking/capturing features of this software.
ConsThe formatting features (e.g. insert/edit tables, paragraph formatting, etc.) in the agenda preparation process is not very user friendly. Inserting tables and formatting tables is the greatest challenge and tables are so important for presenting good comparison visuals at a Board meeting.
December 13, 2017
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“Simbli by eBOARDsolutions”

OverallA great product with great customer service!
ProsUser friendly and provides a great platform for managing meetings!
ConsI'd like to see more flexibility with different users editing a document.
October 10, 2018
Pam H.
Staff Asssistant
December 15, 2017

“Their customer service is tops! Important because I always want to feel help is near and friendly. ”

ProsThat it does what they say it will do. I like the interface and functionality. If we did not have this, productivity would be impacted.
Margaret G.
District Clerk
December 11, 2017

“I really like Simbli, the support is always available and they solve whatever problem I am having.”

ProsWe are paperless with our Board of Education meeting. Have just started with the policies and I am loving the easy of use.
ConsI would like more flexibility with the meeting minutes, so that they would better fit my needs . Some of our members arrive late and I can not record that. I am the only one who signs my minutes and can not change that. I need to be able to put an electronic signature so that the approved minutes are online in the proper format. If someone needs signed minutes I must print them out sign them and get tot he person requesting the minutes.
Charles P.
Executive Director
July 10, 2017

“This online tool makes publicizing and managing meetings from start to finish a breeze saving time.”

ProsSimbli has greatly streamlined our Board meeting process by saving time and paper. Last minutes changes and additions to the Board agenda can easily be accommodated and the Board has immediate access to review the changes. eBOARDsolutions has always been readily available providing support and training when needed.
ConsThis product is a robust tool, but seems to be tailored specifically for the school system making some of the features less functional for our Library purposes. Sometimes navigation of the site on the iPad can be a bit challenging.
Julie J.
District Assistant

“User-friendly”

OverallIt is easy for everyone to add their pieces of information that need to be shared to our board meetings. Great collaborative tool.
ProsThe software does what we need it to, and it is easy to use. If I ever have a question or an issue, customer service is always helpful and answers my questions.
Patty P.
Board Secretary/Public Relations Coord
December 7, 2017

“The program has improved greatly in the past year. The customer service is prompt and efficient.”

OverallPublishing and recording meeting minutes made simpler
ProsI like most the ease of adding an item to a meeting agenda and ability to easily moved items on the agenda.
ConsThe Word application is most difficult and not flexible in meeting module. Wastes empty lines and use of tab is not consistent.
Jennifer H.
Mental Health Care, 501-1000 employees
July 10, 2017

“Exceptional product and a great value. ”

ProseBoard Solutions provides needed organization and structure for our board meetings, executive team meetings, policies and documents. It's so easy to use and we know all our important documents are securely stored and easily accessed.
Maxine B.
Superintendent's Assistant
December 8, 2017

“Used five years for regular and special called board meetings agenda and minutes. ”

ProsI like the web based feature, which allows easy access from anywhere. Great to have my meetings when I'm on the go!
ConsSome email functionalities don't work well. Need more flexibility to select email recipients and to send copies to others.
Laverne T.
Administrative Assistant
December 15, 2017

“I have enjoyed using eboards/simbli”

ProsThe recent upgrades have been awesome. The page alignments are great. The program is very easy to use.
ConsUpgrades have eliminated my concerns. I did not like the way the pages or paragraphs aligned previously.
Jeff R.
Superintendent of Schools
December 15, 2017

“So far it has been easy to navigate and use.”

ProsEase of which I can edit policy each policy. School board has found it easy to navigate the screens. the online policy book is very nice.
ConsI would like my board members to be able to comment on the page and then I would get a notification when they added comments.
Todd J.
Chief Technology Officer
December 7, 2017

“Clunky software that occasionally loses submissions.”

Overalleasy submission of items.
ProsTh e ease of sending items through the approval chain, ultimately publishing agendas for the public to see.
ConsUnreliable. On several occasions, I have completed items, submitted them and the next person in the approval chain saw them and approved them, only to have them disappear. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to re-edit after it has been submitted to the next approver.
Carmen W.
Technology Director
December 11, 2017

“Do use until board meetings but it works and that's all that matters!”

Prosit's functional, I hadn't had any problems with using it at all. I don't really use it until board meeting night to actually go it and set up our meetings.