LearnSpeed Ratings

Overall

About LearnSpeed

The education industry's first and leading web-based solution designed to manage tutoring, test preparation, counseling, and NPA businesses. Founded in 2005 and used by the nation's top education service companies. Offers SIS, calendar, scheduling, payment processing, time tracking, payroll, and more. At LearnSpeed, we are education and data management thought leaders and experts. LearnSpeed customers receive the benefit of our twenty plus years of experience in the education services industry. Learn more about LearnSpeed

Connie P.
Client Experience Manager
July 13, 2016

“Very Good Tutoring Scheduling Program”

OverallWe evaluated 2 other scheduling programs in addition to LearnSpeed. LearnSpeed was chosen because of flexibility to use in both individual and group tutoring sessions as well as the ability to view calendars from multiple perspectives. Price was right too!
ProsWe love the calendar especially from an Admin perspective. It gives a clear, colorful view of where our availability is and with whom. We were able to easily customize the Work Order template to ensure we ask for key information at the initial inquiry to help the tutors know more about the student. Parents are very happy getting reports emailed to them after each session which is huge. There are no surprises in this case on a student's progress. The LearnSpeed Support Team is awesome! They generally respond within the same day, sometimes within the same hour! They provide clear solutions or directions to questions or problems encountered.
ConsWe are anxiously awaiting the ability to send SMS or text messages out to our students via LearnSpeed. As most students admit they don't look at email, we currently have to text from a personal cell phone any important info or message to a student. We'd also like to see a mobile app for iOS and Android users to login and check calendars, read messages, etc. Lastly, an updated GUI or interface that a little more user-friendly would be good (cleaner, streamlined).
Recommendations to other buyersDespite the Cons (which I understand are mostly in development), this really was the better software for us to use. It's very robust and highly customizable by the user which adapts well to our environment. While we don't have a need for the payment collection interface, it's good to know for the future that we could use it as our office grows.

By LearnSpeed on July 13, 2016
Thank you, Connie. A new UI is actually in development.
Evan W.
Vice President, Education
July 12, 2016

“LearnSpeed Enabled Our Tutoring Business to Scale”

OverallPrior to using LearnSpeed, we had our customer information, our students' academic information, parent billing information, tutors' session logs, and card processing utilities all in different places and across several programs. LearnSpeed allowed us to handle all of the aspects of managing our tutoring business in an easy-to-use interface at a cost that was right for us, saving us time and increasing our efficiency. Without LearnSpeed, we could not have scaled our business anywhere near as successfully as we've been able to.
ProsLearnSpeed is excellent for keeping track of incoming leads (prospects), assigning tasks to office managers and tutors to contact parents/students, and handling tutor logs. With a few clicks, it's easy to get 100% of the relevant information for any given client without having to leave the program. My personal favorite is the logging/timesheet utility, whereby we can accurately manage and monitor client billing and tutor pay in a neat interface.
ConsThe only complaint I've got is that session credit handling doesn't work as seamlessly as I would want, and the revenue feature could be tweaked to allow more accurate handling of income.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you run a tutoring business with over, say, 30 students, this is a must-have piece of software.

By LearnSpeed on July 12, 2016
Thanks Evan. Improved session credits and scheduling speed are on the way!
July 12, 2016
Sandy B.
Strategic Partner

“We love LearnSpeed!”

OverallWe switched over to LearnSpeed at the beginning of the last school year. After almost one year of use, we are finding ourselves extremely happy with the product. Scheduling staff and students is much more efficient than our old, cumbersome scheduling software. The LearnSpeed interface is easy to use. Reschedules and changes are a breeze.
ProsThe LearnSpeed customer service is fantastic!!! We receive responses to our questions usually same day. Not only are our questions answered thoroughly but when our question brings up a new issue, LearnSpeed works to help us find a solution. We have never been left hanging without an answer. Clients, tutors and admin find LearnSpeed easy to use and convenient to access in the office and outside the office. The drag and drop feature for moving a session within a day makes rescheduling times very easy. The number of reports that we have access to is fabulous. We love having access to all of this data.
ConsLearnSpeed has something called dynamic invoicing which means that invoices can change - even after they are sent to the client. This has caused some invoicing issues for us. Also, partial payments on invoices are not reflected.
Recommendations to other buyersLearnSpeed has changed the dynamic of our office. We can schedule and communicate with clients and staff much more efficiently. We highly recommend this product!

By LearnSpeed on July 15, 2016
Thanks Sandy. Really appreciate the feedback.
Vince P.

“Great system.”

OverallWe have used LearnSpeed for the past ten year. I couldn't imagine running an education center without it. It has helped us focus on higher value activities which translate to better customer experience and loyalty.
ProsLearnSpeed is a very comprehensive system. The LearnSpeed team understands the reality of our day to day needs and has excellent customer service. They answer their phones and are very responsive to any issues that come up. Over the past ten years we have seen many improvements which have been added without disrupting our existing practices.
ConsThey system is very comprehensive. If you are looking for the most simple system, then LearnSpeed is likely not for you. But if you are looking for a full solution which will grow with your business, then LearnSpeed is a great choice.
Recommendations to other buyersGet help for the LearnSpeed staff. They'll help you to understand your objectives and show you how to get the most out of the system. Once you get dialed in, it's pretty smooth sailing.

Thanks Vince. Jated
Joshua C.
July 7, 2016

“Where would my business be without LearnSpeed?”

OverallThe answer is my business would be nowhere near as big today if I had not started using LearnSpeed in January 2008. The software has helped me scale my tutoring business, while performing more than 20,000 hours of tutoring by over 600 tutors.
ProsLearnSpeed let me manage the business and grow it! I didn't have to focus on software development and left that to the pros at LearnSpeed. And, when I wanted a new feature added, they were happy to listen and implement the suggestions. Again, the biggest pro is it helped me build my business the right way.
ConsNo complaints -- not one.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want to build your business, use LearnSpeed. Don't try to build your own proprietary software and do it better than LearnSpeed -- they have the best product on the market.

By LearnSpeed on July 7, 2016
Josh - thanks for the positive feedback. We've enjoyed watching your business grow over the years and have appreciated your business.
Lisa M.
Co-Director
July 8, 2016

“Learnspeed helped us provide better services and grow our business!”

OverallWorking with Learnspeed has been a very positive experience for us. We really appreciate all of the technical support that the team initially provided as we familiarized ourselves with the program. We've been happily using the software now for nearly four years and they are still available to us should we ever need support. Learnspeed has simplified our systems and as a result, our business runs more smoothly and efficiently, which facilitated our growth. Overall, we are very satisfied customers!
ProsLearnspeed integrates scheduling, billing and payroll, so that we can focus on what we do best--tutoring! The session reports are an excellent communication tool.
ConsThere are a few scheduling features that would make things even easier, and the LS team is aware of them and is responsive to our feedback.
Recommendations to other buyersGet it! You won't regret it!

Thanks Lisa. Appreciate the feedback! Jared
Nick S.
Director of Tutoring
July 15, 2016

“Invaluable Software forTutoring Business”

OverallOur tutoring business has been using Learnspeed for the last 8 yrs and I can honestly say I don't know how we got along BL (Before Learnspeed).
ProsThe best feature about the software is that it allows managers to stay up to date on the progress of the students. It also provides parents with consistent progress reports.
ConsThere have been glitches w/ the time changes in the past (fall back/spring forward), but those seem to have been addressed.
Recommendations to other buyersChange can be a scary thing, but I promise you, implementing this software would be worth it and allow your tutoring business to run more efficiently and effectively in the long run.

By LearnSpeed on July 15, 2016
Thanks, Nick. Really appreciate the feedback.
Adam M.

“LearnSpeed Review”

OverallI have been using LearnSpeed for over 10 years. The functionality and support have been solid. There are of course aspects of the program that don't meet my business needs but overall good enough that I've chosen to continue being a customer for so many years.
Pros- Has most features to meet my business needs. - Friendly and helpful support. - Relatively fast processing speed.
Cons- Can't turn off features that I don't use. - Dated user interface. - Inflexible reporting (and LearnSpeed charges for custom reports).

By LearnSpeed on July 8, 2016
Thanks for the feedback Adam. Really appreciate the business over these past years. Stay tuned for a interface update coming this fall. Jared
Steve O.
Director, SLP

“Learnspeed = Lifesaver”

OverallI work with a Non Public Agency that staffs schools throughout Southern California as well as a pediatric therapy and tutoring office. The team at Learnspeed have been excellent to work with. They spend time educating our staff, developing training material, and discussing and modifying invoice reports as needed based on our unique needs. I previously used another system for tutoring companies which was not a pleasant experience. Learnspeed has been much more accommodating, flexible and fast!
ProsThe system is not static. It can be changed and modified for the users and for our clients. It has many functions that can be used to help manage your business. - scheduling - note taking - client log in - invoicing - prepayment designation - speed of the system
ConsThe Calendar feature does not yet allow for entering repeating sessions only 2 times per month.

By LearnSpeed on July 11, 2016
Thanks Steve - that every other week repeating calendar feature is coming soon! jw
Michael E.
January 17, 2017

“Learnspeed is awesome for tutoring companies! ”

OverallI love learnspeed. From the day I started my tutoring company, I looked for a software program that would generate invoices from appointments on a calendar and that would allow me to automatically bill those invoices and send the information to my accounting software. I had given up looking until I found learnspeed. It's vital to our business.
ProsFunctionality is brilliant. The ability to automatically generate invoices from appointments and to bill those invoices is a life-saver.
Recommendations to other buyersGet to know the people at the company. They're very helpful.

By LearnSpeed on January 17, 2017
Thanks for the review Michael!
January 17, 2017
Lisa B.
Educational Therapist/Diagnostician
July 21, 2016

“Lisa Brackin, ET/P”

OverallI have found that this software allows me to stay in touch with parents and keep them in the loop more easily, which builds loyalty and allows me to keep a record of progress and needs of students. There are many features that I do not personally use, such as billing, because I prefer to use quickbooks and invoice in advance.
ProsThe ability to document sessions actively.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is up to you as to how many features you use. I keep it simple. I use it for scheduling and documentation of sessions, and to communicate with parents.

By LearnSpeed on July 21, 2016
Thanks Lisa.
July 21, 2016
Kaitlin G.
July 11, 2016

“Excellent tutoring management system!”

OverallOur tutoring agency began using LearnSpeed in 2008. It makes running the business a million times easier! I can't imagine a system with better features to make the whole process more simple and streamlined. I highly recommend it!
ProsThe system is very comprehensive user friendly and has proved to be a huge timesaver. The staff is very helpful and provides wonderful customer service!
ConsDon't have any!

By LearnSpeed on July 11, 2016
Kaitlin, Thank you for your great review! Jared
July 11, 2016
Jason R.
COO
July 7, 2016

“An essential part of my business”

OverallWe've been a LearnSpeed client from the beginning. From the day we implemented LearnSpeed in our business it became an indispensable part of our business. The customer support has been excellent, Jared and his team have always solved any issues that arose and developed new functionality based upon our requests and needs.
ProsCustomization Customer support Calendar reminders
ConsWe would like it run a bit faster

By LearnSpeed on July 7, 2016
Thanks Jason. Very much appreciate the positive feedback and our ongoing business relationship. Jared
Robert W.
September 20, 2019

“Great service for our small business”

OverallScheduling and billing all in one place.
ProsIt unites several systems which we previously had separated. I haven't fully explored and utilized the types of reports available, but the ones I have used have been very helpful.
ConsJust wish it could sync with quick books online.

By LearnSpeed on September 24, 2019
Thank you Robert for the feedback. QuickBooks online integration coming soon. We'll keep you posted.
September 20, 2019
Anne L.

“Learnpeed Review”

OverallWe have been using Learnspeed to organize our tutoring business for years. It allows us to have a software specific to our business. It has already been customized for a tutoring business, however we were able to make our own customizations for our center.
ProsThis software is all encompassing! It allows for systematization with every aspect of our needs. We are able to send home reports to parents, keep track of payroll and billing. It covers all parts of what we need and takes away the need of using multiple software systems. The overall organization of Learnspeed is awesome and provides the structure we need to be successful.
ConsWe have had a lot of glitches with our system. Some features do not always work.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall, it has been very helpful and a program that is user friendly!

By LearnSpeed on July 13, 2016
Thanks Anne.
Juvy M.
Grade 8 ELA Teacher
December 18, 2018

“LearnSpeed makes a "speedy" software that blends technology well through its easy to use GUI”

ProsThe scheduling feature of the software makes me a good scheduler. I also utilize well the log feature of the software and I can keep track of every tutoring session or transaction for every student. This is one of the perfect software that suits to the need of every user - it can be customized depending on the each institution's business needs. I love also the way customer support provides solution in every query that I have in a timely manner.
ConsAt this point, none! So far, the features I used are responsive.
December 18, 2018
Eli P.
Administrative Assistant
October 9, 2019

“LearnSpeed makes the tutoring workflow easy”

ProsQuick access to vital info on clients. Managing schedules and communicating with customers was simple.
ConsThe backend UI was a work in progress, but it's much better now.

By LearnSpeed on October 11, 2019
Thanks for the positive feedback Eli! Glad you like the new UI!
October 9, 2019
Maria G.
College Teacher
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
June 30, 2018

“Great software for your tutoring business”

ProsAll the information you need to run your tutoring business in one place: parents info and students progress, classes and sessions, tutor's calendar. Reports bring a lot of helpful data. Customization is great for sending emails the way I prefer. Support is really good, they are quick to answer questions.
ConsThe user interface is outdated. The learning curve is really high, it took me a lot of time figuring out how the software works but there are some videos in their website that show how to use their main functionalities.

By LearnSpeed on July 5, 2018
Maria - Thank you for your review. Glad LearnSpeed is working for you. Understand and agree about the user interface. There are trade offs between focusing on fresh look and feel and depth of core functionality. We've focused on the latter, believing that once you get through the setup and training, you will greatly appreciate the depth and flexibility of the product. Cheers, Jared
June 30, 2018
Ileana P.
Executive Dirrvtor
July 19, 2016

“Loving LearnSpeed! ”

OverallWonderful one to one customer service and personal attention. Responses to questions or concerns usually take 2 to 3 days for a response from LearnSpeed.
ProsIt is very easy to work with.
ConsIt needs some updating. Need to correct some glitches über the "student" tab. It shows the wrong amount of students. It has been over 8 months since the problem started but has yet to be corrected.

By LearnSpeed on July 19, 2016
Thanks Ileana.
July 19, 2016
M G.
January 14, 2017

“Very good software platform for managing your tutoring business”

OverallWe have been using learnspeed for little over a year. Its a good integrated software solution if you are running a tutoring center with multiple tutors and offerings. It handles scheduling, billing and payroll very comfortably. Support team is responsive. There is a learning curve to get comfortable with using the system but that is to be expected with any new software.
ProsWidgets on the dashboard allows me to track things that are important. Session notes after every session is an integral part of our business. LS handles it well. there is a notes approval workflow, which is very desirable. We can assign tasks internally, which streamlines our workflow. Invoicing and payroll is relatively smooth
ConsDrag and drop feature on the calendar is a double edge sword, which works mostly well but sometimes can move sessions to places where it was not intended. LS can not handle split payments on invoicing.
Recommendations to other buyersThe initial setup will require planning and takes time to figure out what is needed where but once setup, LS can be smooth on a day to day basis

By LearnSpeed on January 15, 2017
Thanks Manjri!
January 14, 2017
Jack W.
April 7, 2017

“Manna from heaven for our tutoring outfit”

OverallLearnspeed brought everything, including billing, into one place. Our team is SO much more efficient, and our service stronger. Major pros: - Integrated credit card billing. Rate is reasonable, something like 3.2%. No more QuickBooks invoicing nightmare! - Calendar functions so we know when our tutors are available - Session reporting that goes to all stakeholders - MILLIONS of reports that reveal everything happening in your business The one major piece still needed is payroll integration into Quickbooks, so we don't have to enter that data manually. But that's honestly not that big a deal. LearnSpeed was a lifesaver, and I wish this hard working team the best.
ProsEVERYTHING in one place! Tutor info, client info, student info, billing info. Dream come true.
ConsNeeds QuickBooks payroll integration
Recommendations to other buyersTransition is a big one, but once you're switched over you won't look back. Hard to imagine how we functioned without it.

By LearnSpeed on April 7, 2017
Hi Jack, Thanks for the positive feedback! Greatly appreciated! - Jared
April 7, 2017
Susan C.
February 16, 2017

“Learnspeed has improved our overall service ”

OverallWe built our own software application from scratch 15 years ago. It was great at first, but as we grew we needed more features. We constantly had to upgrade in order to stay secure. It was costly and frustrating. 1.5 years ago we decided to take the leap and find another software to work with. After much research we chose Learnspeed. The transition went much better than we expected. They were supportive and patient during the process. We have been using Learnspeed now for almost 2 years and it is a relief to carry on business without the burden to managing our own software. It is user friendly and has useful features that have streamlined our business operations. There are several reports that can help you make business decisions. I highly recommend this software.

By LearnSpeed on February 16, 2017
Thanks Susan for the review! Greatly appreciated.
February 16, 2017
Balwinder P.
Student
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
April 18, 2019

“Makes tutoring easy”

ProsLearnSpeed has great features such as keeping tutors up to date about the progress of the students. Rescheduling of a session is also one the good features I like the most.
ConsCompany should launch mobile applications too. In today's world, most of the people prefer to make their life easy using mobile applications.
April 18, 2019
Education Management, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“comprehensive software with scalable pricing”

Proswhen you start with learnspeed, you don't have to fork over a bunch of money. they charge per session logged which means there is no big commitment. they have a lot of features, probably covering everything you could ever want
Conswhen i used it the software was not mobile friendly. a lot of tutors want to log sessions from their phones so this can be an important attribute.
May 11, 2018
Msrk S.
April 16, 2017

“Great customer service ”

OverallThese guys really do their best to help you get the most out of the software with extremely low cost training and quick responses to questions.

By LearnSpeed on April 16, 2017