BalancedComp Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

About BalancedComp

We set salary ranges and grades for US banks, credit unions and holding companies using our cloud-based software and deep industry experience consulting. BalancedComp serves financial institutions by providing cutting-edge web applications and concierge consulting. The BalancedComp client roster includes more than 250 financial institutions, ranging in asset size from $100 million to more than $20 billion. Learn more about BalancedComp

“A True Partner”

ProsUsing BalancedComp gives me the strength of 10 people. If I were to replicate the same process and results, I would be spending hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars. BalancedComp brings in a variety of salary sources, levels them, and presents the information in a very usable fashion. Additionally, the software gives us a default compensation philosophy we can use to springboard in developing our own. This was particularly helpful when we first started taking a deeper dive into compensation restructuring. Lastly, the support I get from BalancedComp is superb. They can't always provide me with a solution at no additional cost, but they listen to me needs and work really hard to find a way to help me. I always feel helped and to sold to.
ConsAs a data guy, I like to splice and dice the information to glean insights on the results of implementing our compensation strategy. I care that we are paying at market and on schedule based on experience in the position. I really heavily on the reports BalancedComp provides. However, there are some views that I want that the system can't generate. So I end up manually entering the data in Excel in order to produce the reports I want. Because I'm only one of a handful of clients that asks for these special reports, BalancedComp just can't justify investing their development into providing these reports.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
This may be my all time favorite reference. Please email me at Christie@balancedcomp.com so I can beseech you to allow me to post this on our website. This is exactly what we hope to do for our clients - give them the strength of 10 people.
February 1, 2019

“Great Product and Easy to Use”

OverallBalanceComp has been a great company to work with. Their products have really helped HR look well prepared when asked by our CEO and CFO for reports/budgets.
ProsIt is a very easy product to use - from inputting your employees to sorting to seeing where the fall in their labor grade (comp ratio). Reports that would take hours to do if you were trying to do it manually to do are generated in seconds. There are lots of templates/samples so you don't have to start from scratch. Love that is is specific to the credit union world. Their customer service is great and they are open to listening to suggestions if you have any way to improve their product.
ConsFor the most part there really isn't anything that I don't like about their products (Balanced Comp and Balanced Results)

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Thank you for your kind words. One of our main goals is to make HR look great in front of the rest of the executive team. That made our day!
Tod K.
Internal Auditor
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Balanced Comp user for annual employee plans”

OverallI use Balanced Comp once a year during my annual review and also have the ability to go in there throughout the year and make notes on goals, performance, or tasks done throughout the year. Overall my experience with is has been positive.
ProsThe things that stands out to me most about Balanced Comp are the ease of use and the attractive set up. It's simple to use and easy to find what I need and its interface is colorful and simply set up, fun would even be a good way to describe it.
ConsThe only cons I have, and they are small cons, are the labeling of some of the fields where comments are made. I found myself clicking to read a comment and instead a box opening up to write a comment. Or I would click to write a comment and end up opening the box to read comments instead. Also I often wanted to base the comments I was writing on comments that were previously left but the comment writing box opened up over the previously written comments so that I could not review them.

By BalancedComp on December 13, 2018
Tod, Thank you very much for your positive words. I would love to capture your suggestions for improvement in our helpscout tickets. Please consider clicking on the Support button inside the app and sharing your feedback.
November 27, 2018
Susan S.
EVP/Director of Human Resources
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees

“Excellent product/excellent company”

OverallThey are unmatched in customer service. I used Balanced Comp with my prior employer and very readily contracted with them again when I changed to a new employer who didn't have an automated salary program in place.
ProsThis software provides a strong salary administration system that is easy to use, defensible, easy to explain internally, and has improved our overall processes related to salary administration tremendously.
ConsI'm stumped on what to say for a con. The only con I can say is the inability to search for a person or title without first bringing up or returning to the complete listing of persons or titles.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
Thanks Susan, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'd like to take your suggestion to our product team.

“Balanced Comp Revew”

OverallExcellent.
ProsThe system is easy to navigate and user friendly.The Customer support is great. If you need assistance with any aspect of compensation, such as grading positions, market conditions for a specific position, or compensation trends, they will get you the information you need. The database of benchmark positions is also helpful, and their reports are one click and easy to use.
ConsThere is no report writer tool; therefore, you must use the reports that are in the system. Also when scrolling down, column headings disappear, and you lose sight of the content 'title' to know what number you are reviewing (such as rate, range mid-point of the range, etc.) It would be helpful to have column headers frozen on employee lists.

By BalancedComp on February 22, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review BalancedComps salary administration system. We are delighted you would 9/10 times likely to recommend us. I wanted you to know that in our next release, due out this June, we have taken care of the title not being seen as you scroll issue. You are 100% right. That needed to happen.
Lauren K.
Director of Human Resources
March 5, 2018

“BalancedComp is easy to use on all levels and requires little oversight from an HR standpoint”

OverallCompensation management at my fingertips with the information I need to manager our company's compensation. Electronic performance review program that takes a lot of the labor associated with writing reviews so my employees can get back to business!
ProsIt is intuitive, recently they updated the look and feel and I was able to navigate it with little to no instruction. It's clean looking and it feels like the developers really thought of the user rather than standard design, it makes sense to users on all levels!
ConsI honestly can't think of one, it's one of the easiest platforms I use in my day to day! I get the same feedback from my managers which makes my life easier that I'm not teaching the mechanics of writing performance reviews and can focus more on the spirit of them!

By BalancedComp on April 3, 2018
Lauren, You are an awesome client to work with. Thank you for the kindness of your review on Capterra.
March 5, 2018
JoAnna V.
Vice President of Human Resources
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“100% Satisfied”

OverallThe BalancedComp team is extremely knowledgeable and clearly experts in compensation and performance management systems. They are professional, extremely responsive, often on short notice, and find solutions to accommodate our unique requests. The software makes compensation and performance management processes much easier to manage and all of their staff are a pleasure to work with!! I rely on them as an extension of my HR team!
ProsI am so impressed by the functionality and the ease of use of the software.
ConsI don't have any complaints about the software. It has always been easy to navigate.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Thank you JoAnna. We really enjoy partnering with you.
Barbara B.
SVP Human Resources

“I love BalancedComp”

OverallOur overall experience has been great. I rarely need assistance, but if I do I can reach someone immediately and they are great!
ProsI love the ease of use and the information that it provides. I feel confident knowing we are competitive in our area using the BC compensation system. I love the ability to budget annually as well as the template resource to help guide me when we are changing or adding a new position.
ConsThere really is nothing I don't like or have problems with.

Thanks Barbara!
Paula P.
EVP-COO
March 3, 2019

“Solid system for the right price!”

OverallI've worked with BalancedComp for about 4 years and it has significantly improved our salary administration process. Great system and the price is right.
ProsThe best part of the salary administration software is ease of use and strength of data. It is a robust system that is intuitive to the end user and flows nicely. My experience with the support personnel has been stellar. These folks will go out of their way to assist with anything from a basic technical question to a more complex grading scenario. Reporting capabilities are more than adequate.
ConsThe job description resource template section is very helpful; I would love to see more job description templates in the library as the industry changes and gets creative with job titles.

By BalancedComp on March 15, 2019
HI Paula, We truly value your business and look forward to continuing to wow you.
March 3, 2019
Janice A.
February 20, 2019

“BalancedComp User Review”

OverallIn a period of two years, we acquired three companies (two in different states), so we needed a compensation administration system that was able to provide market driven salary ranges for each of our locations. BalancedComp was able to provide the solution we needed.
ProsMy company implemented BalancedComp three years ago. I find the software intuitive and easy to use. I like that they specialize in serving financial institutions, and I appreciate the consultative approach they employ when serving their clients. They are very helpful and I rely on them to provide expert advice.
ConsThere are some shortcomings with the Budget Builder reporting functionality that I would like to see improved.

By BalancedComp on February 22, 2019
Janice, I am so grateful for your response and that you rated us a 9/10 for likely to recommend, especially since you transferred over from a competitor. We look forward to continuing to wow you.
February 20, 2019
Katie B.
VP of Human Resources

“Balanced Comp”

OverallThe service is exceptional.
ProsSoftware is very easy to use. The fun acknowledgments add to the system too.
ConsThe reporting is somewhat lacking. For example - I have asked for reports that export the data by position but it is not available at this time. They are extremely receptive when the feedback is provided so I look forward to some enhancements outside of the canned reports that are available. It would also be great if there were different permissions to sign in. For example - we would like one team member to work on job descriptions, but not have the ability to see all comp info and/or change the job evaluations. I look forward to more recommendations / data on incentive and commission plans.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
Hi Katie, Thank you for taking the time to write a review.Especially since you transferred over from Compease, we are happy to know you view your decision favorably. I will take your suggestions to our product team. I'd like to better understand the data by position report that would be helpful. Email me.
Lauren D.
VP Human Resources

“Great Partnership”

OverallBalancedComp helps us stay competitive with our local labor market, and the team is a wonderful source of valuable information as we continue to refine our compensation strategy. We have loved partnering with them.
ProsIt's so simple to use, the interface is fantastic, and the ease with which you get an instant snapshot of your company's compensation stance is wonderful.
ConsReally, my only frustration is that you can get logged out for inactivity fairly quickly. Great from an information security standpoint, but a bit troublesome when you're working in a couple of different systems and have to log back in.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Hi Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The whole staff is thrilled. I'm glad the project with Phil went well.
April 15, 2019

“Worst system & support I've ever experienced”

OverallIt was one if the worst companies I've worked with. The lack of ability to provide specific feedback in each section of the review to the drafter, makes the process time consuming and inefficient. Instead of spending time making cute comments that pop up when you exit or submit a review, for example, maybe spend that time making the software functional and user friendly. After we made the mistake of contracting with them, I discovered others in HR at other organizations had difficulty with Balanced Comp and decided to go another direction. Luckily they discovered their incompetence before signing on the dotted line!
ProsWe we're excited about automating the performance review process.
ConsThe restricted nature of the software. Ex. Must have specific number of approvers assigned to a review, no matter the level the employee is at in the organization. And stop calling performance reviews, "plans". It makes no sense and just shows how out of touch Balanced Comp is.

By BalancedComp on April 18, 2019
I am dismayed at your response and must suspect you are a competitor who is writing very nasty things. You can see what 99.9% of our clients have said about us. But if you are sincere, I hope you will give me the opportunity to address each and every one of your points of contention. For example, it isn't true that you need a specific number of approvers. Our clients love us. We have a 95% retention rate over our nearly 9 years of business.
April 15, 2019
Susan J.
HR Director
February 13, 2019

“Balanced Comp Review”

OverallGreat value for the money; excellent, friendly customer service!
ProsEasy to use with little training; Works well with compensation package so that salary increases can be handled efficiently.
ConsBetter spellcheck; little more space for customization.

By BalancedComp on February 15, 2019
Thanks Susan, This means alot. We look forward to continuing to wow you.
February 13, 2019
Ginna C.
Compensation Officer
Banking, 501-1000 employees
February 27, 2018

“The customer service, consulting knowledge, willingness to help and response time is exceptional. ”

OverallEasy to use, user friendly, edits can be done effortlessly, can export easily. Takes less time to create a document for managers when all the information is right there and can be exported and sorted in a timely fashion.
ProsThe BalancedComp website is super easy to navigate through and user-friendly. Love that all the information is displayed on one page and edits can be done quickly and effortlessly.
ConsOne improvement would be the sorting functionality when printing. It will not allow you to print when sorting by two functions (ex. You want to sort by grade then by department).

By BalancedComp on February 28, 2018
Thanks Ginna for your review. It means alot to us. You are just exceptional to work with.
February 27, 2018
April I.
VP, HR
February 11, 2019

“BalancedComp Review”

ProsThe system is easy to use and BalancedComp has a great team with excellent service.
ConsOur only issue is integration with our HRIS. We currently have to upload data into the software every month. It would be great if the system could integrate and eliminate the extra work.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
HI APril, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. One of our biggest projects in 2018 was to be audit prepared to apply for integration with ADP. Since they are the worlds largest provider of payroll services, we figured if we could become certified with them, we could do it with any. So we are thinking alike. In the meantime, the bridge typically takes about 15 minutes I think. Let us know if we can help.
February 11, 2019
Bill S.
AVP, Compensation, Benefits & HCMS
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
February 14, 2019

“Great Resource!”

OverallThe BalancedComp team has always been available to assist with special studies or evaluate new positions, provide summarized survey data, and act as an extension of our Team. Each of its Team Members that I have worked with is bright, informed, and delivers analytic services as a partner to resolve challenges.
ProsNavigating amongst the various reports, and using the intuitive point factor tool to evaluate new roles.
ConsI need to spend a bit more time to learn how to take advantage of the available budgeting tools - more of a knock on me!

By BalancedComp on February 15, 2019
Thanks Bill, This means so much! We look forward to continuing to wow you. Any of us would be happy to spend some time on the budget builder with you.
February 14, 2019
Susie S.
VP of HR and Training
February 26, 2019

“BalancedComp”

OverallService is fantastic. I've asked for help creating different types of reviews in the system and they are always responsive.
ProsI find this software very easy to use and the tool itself helps us manage our performance management and compensation strategies.
ConsHonestly, there is nothing I don't like. I can get every type of report I need from the system.
February 26, 2019
Linda W.
February 5, 2019

“HR Comp and Reviews with great support”

OverallAs a small to mid-size credit union, having access to something, with the customer service, is hard to find. This allows us the ability to build a position and the pay scale based on our needs and know we're paying according. And also have a tool to track notes year round, both for the supervisor's eyes only and another place for the employee and supervisor to comment.
ProsI can get salary reports at the touch of a button. As well as pull reports for different managers for their direct reports. We can always see if we're in line with our compensation and can build a position as needed. The customer service is amazing and readily available.
ConsThe set up in Balanced Results can be a bit confusing, but help is one call away.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Linda. We are thrilled that we are meeting your needs. The onus is on us to make sure you are trained and supported on BalancedResults. Please email Deborah or call in if we can set up a time to answer all your questions in a webinar.
Rosemary O.
VP of Human Resources
March 1, 2018

“The partnership with this organization is wonderful;great compensation consultants!!”

ProsThey do not just sell you a software program; they trouble shoot, brainstorm ideas and are very consultative!

By BalancedComp on March 5, 2018
Hi Rosemary, Working with you is a joy because you really want to think through the options.
March 1, 2018
Stefany C.
VP Human Resources
February 12, 2019

“Industry specific, which is great”

ProsI like that their information is industry specific, which is helpful and more relevant that some of the other reports out there.
ConsIf it could be a little more user friendly. It has cute prompts, but sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

By BalancedComp on February 13, 2019
Hi Stefany, Thank you for your review. It can be confusing when you inherit a system. The onus is on us to provide training and fully support you. That truly is our desire. Please call in and schedule a time with Deb to get a full review. We provide ongoing training at no additional charge on the entire system or just the budget builder or the importer or whatever your need is.
Hallie D.

“Client Feedback”

OverallIt has been great.
ProsEase of use and functionality of the programs.
ConsThis is not a con, I would like to have more reports functionality to sort data relevant to my organizational needs.

By BalancedComp on February 13, 2019
Thank you Hallie for your review. We look forward to continue to wow you.
Vickie S.
VP of HR
February 1, 2019

“Ease of writing job descriptions”

OverallOur experience with Balanced Comp has been very positive. I plan to continue to use this company.
ProsI really like how easy it is to write a job description. Several samples in the library to get started are very well written.
ConsI really do not have any negative feedback about the software.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Hi Vickie, Thank you for the kind words. I get to speak to you so rarely that it is fantastic to hear we are meeting your expectations. Click on the Support button if you ever have a feature idea or need any fairly immediate assistance.
David O.
CHRO & General Counsel

“Balanced Comp”

OverallVery positive. The system works well and the support from the entire team is terrific.
ProsThe system is well designed and easy to use. I like that it includes template job descriptions The Budget Builder is outstanding and, standing alone, is worth the investment.
ConsI do not have any items to include here.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Thanks David, You are definitely one of my favorite clients because of how intelligent and passionate you are about your areas of responsibilities.
Doug N.
Vice President of Operations
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“BalancedComp ”

OverallThe company I work for had not updated its salary ranges in many years. I was referred to BC by a prior employer and have been very pleased with the quality of the data. It is comforting to know where we stand with respect to fair market salaries when trying to retain existing employees and attract new talent.
ProsIt's ease of use and the support provided by BalancedComp staff.
ConsThe report writing functions seem a little complicated.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Hi Doug, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share. Our entire staff is thrilled. If you have an ideas on the report writer, please click on the support button and send in the suggestion. We get our best ideas for new features from our clients.
Gina N.
Director of Human Resources
March 7, 2018

“Love having this amazing tool!”

Overallwhen updating Payroll/HRIS I then have to make another step of changing inside of BalancedComp.
ProsI find it so valuable to have salary and compensation experts at my fingertips. This provides trust and assurance!

By BalancedComp on April 3, 2018
Gina, Thank you so much for your review!
March 7, 2018
Sherri A.
Senior HR Business Partner
February 1, 2019

“Good company to work with”

OverallWe have worked with BalancedComp for several years. They provide overall guidance for salary administration which is something that we can lean on since they are industry experts.
ProsThey understand banking so you don't have to explain to them how your industry works. I like their job description templates. Easily allow for copy and paste features to Word/Excel. I love their customer support. They allow you to make product suggestions and will get back to you if they are feasible or not. Some of my ideas have been implemented.
ConsBudget builder can be a little confusing to work with our in-house budget software.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Hi Sherri, Thank you Sherri, We love supporting you. Thank you for your kind words. Our entire staff is thrilled.
Angela S.
Chief Financial Officer

“BalancedComp Review”

OverallWe have been able to quickly develop new job descriptions as we create new positions here. It's also a great tool for creating pay bands for our various positions.
ProsThis product has really helped our business know for certain where our pay rates stand within our specific market area. It has also been extremely helpful in developing job descriptions that are consistent across the board.
ConsThere are times when working with the job descriptions are a bit tedious but a quick phone call or email to customer service fixes it promptly!

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Angela, I don't get to talk to you much. I am so glad to hear you are pleased. In your position as CFO, you undoubtedly work with alot of systems and business partners.
Lisa N.
January 24, 2018

“The BalancedComp Team is awesome, always ready to help!”

OverallSalary grading and budgeting that are easy to use.
ProsThe system is very easy to use. Budgeting and sorting are easy. It's also easy to explain to staff and managers.
ConsLimitations such as the rounding in the budget side and inability to compare two job descriptions' compensable factors side by side.
January 24, 2018
Margot S.
AVP/Accounting and do payroll/Bal Comp
January 11, 2018

“Does take some training but easy to use once you learn.”

OverallSee review
ProsComparable info with in job type; Consistency in the job description for a particular job. Consistency also in pay ranges for a particular position.
ConsFrustrated that supervisors can not see the job description of their reports. We print the job description to PDF and forward that to the supervisor. They also can not see the salary/wage level of their reports.

By BalancedComp on January 12, 2018
HI Margot, I agree with you completely that this would be preferable.This is actually something we are committed to changing for you. Right now the position descriptions are in the Salary Administration software, where most HR people do not want supervisors to have access, but hopefully we will get this moved over to the BalancedResults, performance management software as well.
Vicky S.
SVP Human Resources

“BC Review”

OverallWe have had a very positive experience with Balanced Comp. The customer service is second to non and they are experts in their field.
ProsThis software is very user friendly. Information is kept current and relevant to our industry and geo area.
ConsNot being able to customize my own reports.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
Thanks Vicky, We hope to continually wow you.
February 3, 2019

“Compensation Experts and Partners for the win!”

OverallBalancedComp has allowed us to establish a solid compensation program that we know is fair for every role in our organization. The team at BalancedComp is passionate about their product which shines through as they offer expert insights and guidance.
ProsThe software is easy to use, intuitive, and trendy.
ConsIt would be great if it could do some bulk changes.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Thank you for your kind words. We are pushing out an complete repaint of our BalancedComp system in 2019. Wait till you see the Gender Pay Equity Compa Ratio report.
February 3, 2019
Catherine B.
HR Representative

“Great feature”

OverallGreat support - Cust rep is helpful and very knowledgeable. BalancedComp is an invaluable tool for us.
ProsI love that is provides comprehensive salary data for all regions and suggests grades for various positions.
ConsThe performance plan portion - Balanced Results - hasn't flowed as easily as I thought. We are first year users and a have handled a lot of supervisor questions as I'm learning as we go also.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Hi Catherine, Thank you very much for your candor. I have asked our senior consultant, Deborah Reid, to reach out to you to see if there is she can scheldue some additional training to help out, either for you or for your supervisors.
Angela H.
SVP of HR
January 18, 2018

“We have been using Balanced Comp for about five years. It's helped us so much with budgeting.”

ProsThe system is really easy to use. You cannot break it. We love that it automates our budgeting process. It takes us half the time to prepare the budget. Additionally, we like that it has salary statements ready to deliver.
ConsThere are some areas of improvements for the software that we would like to see: having the sort function on the budget and being able to print salary statements by department or manager.

By BalancedComp on March 2, 2018
Dear Angela, Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review us on Capterra. We are very interested in considering being able to sort the budgets by department as well. You can create a budget for a specific department. Let me know if I can show you how.
January 18, 2018
Gabriel M.
VP HR
January 11, 2018

“BalancedComp is very user friendly and their staff has helped us whenever we run into issues.”

ProsThe user has an interface that is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. Access to all the different data that we need to make our hiring and pay benefits are easily accessible. Additionally, the data has different ways for customize to meet our business needs.
ConsIt has some limitations in the BalanceResults. In the Plan Content tab, in the Core Competencies section you are unable to assign weighted average for each core competency.

By BalancedComp on January 12, 2018
HI Gabriel, Thank you for your review. It means alot. I appreciate your candor that you would like to weight the core competencies. We will continue to evaluate this. All of our best improvements come from client suggestions.
Donna T.
February 10, 2019

“BC feedback”

Overalleasy to use, clear
ProsEasy to use, all information up to date.
Conscan't archive some positions- avps, etc

By BalancedComp on February 11, 2019
Hi Donna, I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to give us a review. We actually can archive every position. Give us a call and let us show you how. Easy Peezy.
February 10, 2019
Connie E.
February 4, 2019

“BalancedComp review by FSB HRD”

OverallFun, easy to understand, and outstanding people!
ProsEasy to use, helpful screens, and having real people willing to help!
ConsI sometimes loss my way when going to correct wording in the job descriptions.

Thanks Connie, You are so awesome to work with,
Ray C.
President/CEO

“Compensations Fairness”

OverallGreat experiences.
ProsThis software takes the guessing game out of compensation. Our employees are confident in the software providing objective salary amounts. Aligned with the compensation philosophy statement, that BalancedComp assisted us on, our Board of Directors know that this large item on our income statement is being handled objectively and aligned with our local market.
ConsI wish it was easier to take scores from BalancedResults and transfer them into BalancedComp.

By BalancedComp on February 11, 2019
Hi Ray, I am so sorry if we didn't tell you that the scores automatically populate into BalancedComp when the last approver accepts the review. Just call in and ask us if you have any other questions. 3169272668. I hope all the questions I get today are this easy to answer.

“Balanced Comp ”

OverallIt is time consuming to set up and maintain.
ProsI like the support team. I like knowing we are closing the wage gap in our industry.
Cons I find it a lengthy process to complete reviews and the team rarely looks at them. It's a complicated system.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Hi there, I really appreciate your candor. I think you comments under Cons is more geared toward BalancedResults. We provide unending, free supervisory and admin training. Please let us know if we can be of any help at all.
Jamie F.
Vice President of Human Resources

“Extremely User Friendly”

OverallBC is a great resource. The staff is very knowledgeable and when you call for assistance, you actually get help and not transferred to a voicemail.
ProsI love that the system is so easy to use and stores a lot of info. Having the job descriptions templates is extremely helpful. I love the comp ratios, matrix and budget builder. I would be lost without it!
ConsOnly recommendation would be to add the job descriptions to the Results side for managers to view when completing reviews.

By BalancedComp on February 4, 2019
Jamie, You are fantastic at your job and a joy to support. Thank you for your kind words. Our entire staff is very happy.
Lisa P.
SVP, Chief HR & Operations Officer

“SVP”

OverallBalancedComp works very closely with us when grading new positions within the company. They understand our market.
ProsEase of use, attractive colors, excellent reports
ConsNothing comes to mind; the software works great!
Scott W.
President/CEO
January 22, 2018

“Everyone at BalancedComp is very quick to answer questions. Great service!”

ProsI use it to prepare my salary budget each year and it is very easy to set up and use. We also use the performance management piece and that makes the annual review process very manageable.
ConsThere is not much that I don't like, although the performance software changed drastically and we weren't prepared for that and had to learn it all over again. I'm sure there was a notice, but I missed it.

By BalancedComp on January 23, 2018
HI Scott, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our company and our system. It means a great deal to me. I am thrilled that we are meeting your expectations.
January 22, 2018
Denise P.

“Revew of Balanced Comp”

ProsThe ease of use of using the Balanced Comp software
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like about the system
January 19, 2018

“BalancedComp is a easy to use and up to date.”

ProsThe software is easy to use. The process of grading a new position is not difficult. The BalancedComp techs are very professional.
January 19, 2018
Kay R.
Human Resources Manager

“Human Resources Manager”

OverallCustomer Service prompt to respond. Easy to create new positions.
ProsI like the navigation and getting around.
ConsI can think of any at this time. I guess if I had to say anything it would be understanding the entering of bonus/production amounts each year.

By BalancedComp on February 12, 2019
Hi Kay, Thanks for taking the time to write review. Give us a call if we can help you understand better the variable pay side. We really want to help. We want you to get all the value you can from our services.
Michael W.

“Modestly Pleased ”

OverallChallenging to navigate
ProsRelatively inexpensive and allows us to create more formalized and sophisticated employee evaluations.
ConsIt's fairly difficult to navigate unless you're in it regularly.

By BalancedComp on February 13, 2019
Hi Michael, The onus is on us to make sure you feel confidently trained. Please give us a call so we can schedule a time to review the functionality. We offer ongoing unlimited training at no additional cost on both the compensation and performance management system. Typically it can be set up with short notice. Also we provide unlimited support on marketpricing new or modified jobs. We want you to get full value out of our partnership.
Danielle H.

“ALEC”

OverallMy overall experience with BalancedComp has been great. This partnership allows us to review our grades and ranges more frequently, which helps us to remain competitive in this job market and continue to attract and retain employees. It is very helpful to be on retainer and have the ability to call in and ask for comp information for jobs that we are considering creating or reclassifying. Rep. has been very helpful. I enjoyed meeting with rep. during our onsite meetings. He is very knowledgeable in our industry and was able to assist us in properly grading each position.
ProsThe software is easy to use. The dashboard provides information that I want to see in a quick glance. I can also run reports and view other resources, such as job descriptions and where a particular benchmark job may fit into our ranges.
ConsI am a newer client, so there are things I have not started to use yet. I know we are going to need to override ranges and I will work with support to do this.

By BalancedComp on February 5, 2019
Thanks Danielle, Thanks for the kind words. You are so easy to work with. If you feel you need to override very many jobs besides IT, lets talk about it. Maybe it is a matter of using the correct factors. Call Anthony or myself.
LeeAnn C.
HR Consultant
March 2, 2018

“Customer service and the user friendly software is great.”

ProsThe systems is user friendly. Your changes into the system are instantly. The customer service is great.

By BalancedComp on March 5, 2018
Thank you, LeeAnn. You are such a smart HR professional. We are truly honored to be selected by you.
March 2, 2018
Cindy K.
February 12, 2019

“BalancedComp - an excellent partner”

OverallBalancedComp consultants are extremely responsive to our needs, available when we need them, creative and on top of the latest trends in compensation administration.
Prosease of use, ability to model changes and budgets, ability to create/maintain premium grades where needed
Consability to set state minimum wage standards could be improved

By BalancedComp on February 13, 2019
Thank you Cindy for your kind words. I agree with your suggestion completely.
J.R. B.
November 2, 2015

“Employee Reviews Made Easy!”

OverallThe Balanced Comp and Balanced Results software has brought an entirely new level of clarity and accountability to both our staff as well as managers. The software is easy to use and managers and senior management with key dashboards at a glance. The process of moving from one review period to the next is a bit more cumbersome than I would like and I would really like them to build in a 360 degree review option. Other than that the system has saved us countless hours and added a lot of value to the review process for not only our managers but our staff.

By BalancedComp on March 5, 2018
Your team is a delight to support. We value your partnership tremendously. Please let me know directly if there is anything we can do to improve our offerrings.
November 2, 2015