Partial.ly Ratings

Overall

About Partial.ly

Partial.ly is the tool you need to offer automated payment plans to your clients. Streamline your invoicing, improve your cash flow, and take total control to make invoicing and collections a breeze. Use Partial.ly on its own or alongside available integrations such as QuickBooks, Freshbooks or Harvest to pull your existing invoices into Partial.ly with just a few clicks and put an end to chasing clients and waiting for payments. Learn more about Partial.ly

Larah R.
Owner/ Website Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
March 13, 2018

“With Partial.ly, I don't have to reduce my prices to make my web design services more affordable.”

ProsOffering payment plans has allowed me to create a predictable, passive income stream. I love that it's easy to create the plans and send them to clients. I love that I have full control over how flexible payments are, additional fees, interest, all of it.
ConsThere are a few features I'd love to see: We need a place to add an itemized invoice for the services they're getting. I've been adding links to a google doc with this information, but that's not ideal. I'd love to have a screen that quickly shows the payments that are coming in this month, with a total amount and expected payment dates. Currently, we have to go to a number of screens to find this information. I'd like a bit more control when a client's payment doesn't go through. There have been a couple of times when a payment didn't go through. I've never been able to get the "re-start the payment plan" to work, so I've had to re-create a new payment plan losing the payment history of the original. I'd love to be able to preview the emails the client gets so I can improve their process even more.
Graham R.
1-10 employees
May 24, 2017

“Partial.ly complete. ”

OverallReplaced a custom plugin we had with woocommerce. Again the benefits for selling expensive products are obvious and the product does work.
ProsThe user interface is nice and it is easy to install with shopify. Bottom line the product works and handles a lot of processes well.
ConsIf you extend credit you become a collections company. -customer login is confusing for customers. Should be done through an account created on company's site with link to partial.ly -cards default to previously stored cards even when new ones are added -if an account defaults then cancel owners do not have the ability to add the card and restart the account without contacting partial.ly support -quick sort tabs for active, default, canceled, etc. -item based financing. At current, the total cart is financed. Even if minimum finance amounts are met. -there is a glitch where if a customer enters a .con for example with their email partial.ly will create a payment plan but shopify will not create an order. -payment and missed payment emails can be confusing because they don't come from the company who sold the customer the product. -this is strictly personal not functional, but partial.ly should try to mask itself as much as possible. Customers and more importantly my competitors should not be so aware of how the payments are processed. Similar to how a normal gateway works. Obviously there in the small print.
May 24, 2017
Rolande S.
CEO & Founder
Cosmetics, Self-employed
March 13, 2018

“The app is easy to use and set up. It allows you to customize it to match your brand.”

OverallI've recommended it several times.
ProsI enjoy the ability to create payment plan offers that work with my business. I also enjoy being able to view my clients details. This is helpful when it is to review their payment history and overall customer behavior.
ConsI wish the shipping option synced up with my shipping on my site. I use real-time shipping via Shopify. On Partail.ly I have to add fixed shipping rates. The problem is I have clients in SC and HI. they have totally different shipping needs. This will be a problem when I scale. 2) Also, there isn't a way to only show certain customers the payment plan option. For instance, my retail customers are not offered the payment plan option. My wholesale clients are offered the payment plan option. I have to send a separate link to my wholesale clients, so my retail costumers are not given access to the payment plan option. It would be awesome if I could add a tag to those authorized to use the payment plan option. This would allow me to upload it to the site and never have the need to provide a separate link via email. 3) Last I would be wonderful if I could add a tag to those with extended payment plan options. Right now customers can choose the type of plan that words for them. Some of my clients will receive different plans from others. Right now there is alot of extra word to offer the plan.
Scott W.
March 13, 2018

“I wouldn't say "five stars" if it wasn't truly exceptional. We have used Partial.ly for over a year!”

ProsI actually started to say "four stars" for features, because it's got a limited feature set, then I remembered that's what I liked about it - it's just what I need, without unnecessary complications. For my purposes, there really isn't anything I wish they'd add! When we first started, we had a number of questions, and the support was extremely helpful!!
ConsSome of the reports seem slightly confusing, but then again, I've never asked for explanations, or how to find what I'm looking for.
Joe B.
Chief Technology Officer
Retail, 11-50 employees
May 25, 2017

“Excellent option for small businesses who want to give customer's more buying power!”

OverallThe ability to offer customers the option of paying for products over a period of time is a powerful one, particularly for customers who want to better manage their finances and discretional spending habits.
ProsEase of deployment and functionality of web-based software. Customer support is great and responsive!
ConsPartial.ly could benefit from more robust reporting tools, plus a control panel for "at-risk" clients for easier (and proactive) monitoring of plans in process so that defaulted plans can be avoided.
May 25, 2017
Sara W.
May 22, 2017

“I use Partial.ly for my installment plan, after having some bad experiences on Paypal.”

ProsThat is requires clients to sign a contract. That it alerts when a payment fails. I like that it is easy for clients to adjust a credit card if there is a fail.
ConsIt's confusing to say Payment and Payment Plan as email headers. When the alerts come in, it's hard to tell them apart. I had register folks, so this can be a bit confusing. It's not easy to search most current to least current client payments. You have to scroll to the end.
Chris L.
PT / Influencer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
May 22, 2017

“Customer rep really cares to keep his customers happy”

OverallAllows for MANY more customers... because they can now afford my products by breaking the cost into payments.
ProsI like the fact that it allows people to make payments. This allows for Much more customers. I like that they care enough to respond to their customers with great customer care and always willing to go out of his way to help when something happens.
ConsI don't like having to always look to see who's payment went through and who's didn't. I just want to know who's DIDNT and be notified right away to take care of the problem. I want a better way of knowing I'm getting all of my payments since I have a LOT of people on payment plans. A more seamless way of tracking this would be gold. Maybe I'm just not well-educated on how to manage this? Any advice would mean a lot to me.

“Good one”

ProsExcellent. Takes some setting up but the support is efficient enough do it for you if you struggle. Much better than woo commerce app for invoices which are a similar thing but they charge per year, which is much more affordable for a low turn over business such as photography etc. Also from a customer perspective, it enables high priced products to be purchased as the customer can spread the payments, cost, and duration to suit their own budget.
ConsThis app has the potential to be AMAZING! But is not there yet. First, you are not able to use discount codes! That right there is a huge deterrent. Second, you are not able to add tax. I have been told that is coming, but it should have been there before launch in my opinion.

By Partial.ly on March 23, 2018
You can add taxes to your payment plans by selecting the tax settings in your Partial.ly merchant portal. Please let us know if you need any assistance getting your tax settings set up.
George B.
Sole propietor
March 13, 2018

“Very good customer service and setting up is very simple”

ProsSimple & cost effective , only 5% fees including Stripe fee is very reasonable for something that will increase your conversions
ConsAfter the new update I have been unable to see when future payments are scheduled for, this makes it difficult to estimate your income for the month, hopefully this feature will be brought back so you can see scheduled payments from open plans
Israel P.
CoFounder
March 13, 2018

“Great platform, great team, great support”

Pros1. Very easy to setup and use. 2. Support is great. 3. Good pricing structure. 4. Integration with WooCommerce & Shopify is simple.
Cons1. No API, very limited to developers. 2. Analytics tracking is very basic. 3. Sometimes we need to triangulate between our users and Partial.ly. Great support makes up for it though.
Rick L.
Marketing
March 13, 2018

“Very much needed for our customers. The app was quick and easy to install”

ProsIt was very quick and easy to install. Our customers needed this option however it was seldomly utilized.
ConsSome of our customers did not utilize it. The activity would fluctuate in between the holidays.Its a must have.
Sheena G.

“Awwsome”

OverallIncreases sales
ProsThe ease of integration of order from Shopify. It is customizable to fix your needs and love the automatic payment feature. Customer service is always there to quickly help .
Cons
Lawrence G.
March 16, 2018

“Unique solution, easy to set up, confusing to maintain, lacks features for the price”

ProsThe ability to take split payments anywhere in the world. The cleanliness of the interface. Front end is clear and concise. The increase in sales it brings
ConsThe 5% transaction price is VERY steep for just an app with no financial security or insurance infrastructure in the back end. The fact there is no protection for fraud compared to competitive solutions. The fact we aren't paid upfront could potentially cause cashflow issues if the outstanding becomes too large (I know this isn't possible to change in the style of solution unless partially took on the risk) The way it reports on sales and payments that have bounced (it shows failed payments even if they passed later). the lack of depth in reporting overall (needs lots more graphs custom reporting tools and backed searching capabilities to be a more robust gateway solytion), the process to reinplement defaulted accounts. I'm happy to give more feedback as I would love to see this app grow
David F.
11-50 employees
March 16, 2018

“Your customer service team is great, we always like their help”

ProsLove the customer service, and that customers can set a payment plan options and durations. I like that you try several times to fix if a payment plan goes south.
ConsWould love more/better: -Reports for future and past cash flows -A better AR report -A more dynamic pricing plan so if a customer wants to pay quicker the fee wouldn't be as much
Jared K.

“Positive and profitable”

ProsIt's been a blessing to allow customers to manage their own payment plan within my constraints without having to spend valuable customer service time changing things on our end.
ConsIt has been problematic that card processing errors from the gateway are not logged and available for me to see. I would love to be able to help customers troubleshoot their declines without having to contact Partial.ly staff for the error message. Support was very helpful when it happened, but it's one of those things that would remove another layer of waiting and interaction and allow me to be more self-sufficient while using the product. Overall though, there really hasn't been much for me to dislike so far.
Gary T.
President, Co-founder
Education Management, 1-10 employees
November 8, 2017

“Great product. Easy to set up. Great technical support.”

OverallOpened up access to more clients who cannot afford upfront costs to their education. Thus providing more income on a monthly basis. Customer can update their credit cards online.
ProsEasy to set up. Easy for the customer to use. Stable platform. Excellent technical support. Integrates well with WooCommerce.
ConsNo down side at this time. Cannot find any discernible flaws. Technical support appears to be always available.
November 8, 2017
March 16, 2018

“We are just starting to use Partial.ly on a Shopify store”

ProsSupport has been outstanding. Best support experience I've had in years. I also like that you can turn off the ability for customers to make their own plans as that seems like a hot mess for merchants. Initially, I rejected Partial.ly because I did not know this feature could be turned off.
ConsA bit difficult to find the right options to code into your shop. And you do have to actually edit code. Also Partial.ly's cart starts by headlining the total amount of the payment plan a customer has chosen. The down payment amount a customer is paying in the initial checkout is lower and smaller in the checkout. That's gonna cause some hiccups and abandonment.
Heather Z.
Director of Internet Marketing
March 19, 2018

“When we have contacted customer service they were very prompt and helpful”

ProsCustomer support is great when we have had to reach out in the past. The value compared to the fee is okay.
ConsI wish there were a way to keep them on our site during checkout, or login to our site in order to complete payment. We have so many customers that think that we are in charge of their payments.
LORD V.
Principal
Apparel & Fashion, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Attentive responsive, professional yet personal and very approachable and available.”

ProsTakes the time to work with their customers. Delivers wonderful service. Great value offer fore all customers who use the service.
Charlotte H.

“Fab app and service ”

ProsEasy to use and saves me loads of time. Customers find it useful too. Really well organised and easy to navigate
ConsI wish there was a tiers of payments so maybe the money money you put through then the smaller percentage you take in fees
March 13, 2018

“I've had a great experience thus far. Questions were handled professionally on the phone by a human!”

OverallWe are a web based retailer that sells jewelry and this software will allow us to expand our business to people who want our products buy cannot afford to pay for their entire purchase all at once
ProsThe ability to accept partial payments on my site and have them handle the billing and collecting. I have been looking for a solution like this for quite some time,and don't know of any other
ConsThe interface should be more idiot proof. There should be more guidance with regard to set up to insure that the set up process is complete and will allow the user not to exit out of set up mode until things are working properly
Will S.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“Very functional, would prefer more checkout options when using with Shopify.”

OverallIncreased sales for our higher priced items.
ProsWe sell higher priced items and this has allowed us to reach a lot more customers. Our sales have increased directly as a result of having partial payments available.
ConsCheckout process would be better if it were still within the Shopify app, or if we could allow the customers to have all the same options and product variations we have in Shopify.
Jessica B.
Creative Director
March 13, 2018

“I love this feature to setup payment plans for my products. Makes it so easy!”

OverallI have used this software to setup several products on payment plans and everything was straightforward and easy to setup.
ProsEasy to use. Customers love it. I know the money is taken care of so I can focus on other things with my business.
51-200 employees

“Great experience”

ProsVery easy to use and secure. Love how I can embed the widget right in my application. Being able to break up payments if very helpful, and makes my customers happy
Evelyn C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2017

“Very hard to retrieve password.”

ProsPayment installment option is easy to set up, overall does what it promises without any technical difficulties.
ConsRequested a few times to retrieve password but still couldn't resolve the issue. Partial.ly doesn't help you retrieve failed payments, it'll be great if they can offer a few solutions.

By Partial.ly on May 31, 2017
Your password may be changed at anytime by using the "Forgot Password?" option on the merchant login. This can also be found at https://partial.ly/merchant/forgotpassword You may call us, open a chat or email us at anytime, and we'll be happy to assist you in changing your password.
May 31, 2017
Delon G.
March 19, 2018

“This has changed the way I make payment plans. It has been a relief to automate our payments. ”

ProsThe customer support is the best. Allowing patients to have control of their own account. Flexibility in payment schedule. Availability of customer service
ConsSome of the search features on my dash board. Lack of options for banks for ach. The dashboard isn't intuitive.
Kathy D.
AR Supervisor
May 22, 2017

“The concept is great but there are a lot of limitations”

ProsThe ability to see payment plans at a glance and have them all in one place. It is fairly user friendly and nice to be able to offer the service.
ConsIt is very limited on options for setting up. I have also seen inconsistencies in the information going over to shopify. When I contact support they say it is because it was manually put in but that is not possible since the only way the payment plans get put in is from our website which is linked to shopify. I have to open a new ticket to get an answer.
March 19, 2018

“Excellent platform and customer service. ”

OverallCreated ability to offer larger initial sales opportunities to clients.
ProsI love that the service allows my customers to choose from payment plans. The ability to integrate the service into multiple e-commerce platforms allows me to offer customers familiar payment options, when my primary method is not preferred (Ex.. Invoiced vs shopping cart) without sacrificing their option to pay over time. I can now upsell larger packages with the payment plans and customers love all my new pay over time packages.
ConsI have not encountered any drawbacks or negative situations due to the software's capabilities. Maybe the longevity and future outlook to keep rates from exploding is a concern, but for now... its great!
Amy W.
March 19, 2018

“Easy to use and effective in conversions for our store”

ProsIt's very easy to use and set up. Since installing the app, we've seen several conversions for purchases which otherwise the customer wouldn't have been able to afford. The payment plans are simple to understand and the customer likes being able to pay the amount off early if they can.
ConsI do not have any cons for this software at this time. It would be nice if a cut wasn't taken out of our transactions for the company but I understand that it has to be since you are providing a service for us that otherwise we would not be able to offer.
March 13, 2018

“The support team has been fantastic”

OverallMore sales
ProsEasily accept payment plans Customer support resolves all issues and no waiting Incorporated improvement suggestions
ConsThe partial.ly charges are not easily identified on the new contracts Administrators cannot update customers - waiting on the customer often results in changes not being done
Tahwii S.
March 13, 2018

“Setting up Partial.ly was a breeze and any questions I had were promptly answered by support.”

ProsIt's cost-effective for both the consumer and business. I love what countries such as Australia are able to do with similar platforms. The way we buy things is changing and Partial.ly is headed in the right direction.
ConsThe brand recognition is not that high in the baby industry, therefore some folks may seem a bit hesitant to give it a try.
Ashley s.
Retail, Self-employed
March 13, 2018

“Best layaway payment system I have used”

OverallThe system so far works amazing for my company and gives me everything I need.
ProsI came across partial.ly in search of a system that will allow my customer to start layaway plans at their convenience. Partial.ly is absolutely amazing. The system is very easy to use and setup on both for the business and customer. So happy I found them!
yuvi f.
founder
May 16, 2017

“easy to set up, great customer service”

ProsIt was very easy and quick to set up. The backend is easy to navigate and understand. Customer Experience is easy as well.
ConsWe prefer a more customized brand experience. Tracking on Google Anayltics does not work properly. It makes it more difficult us to track marketing conversions when people check out using partial.ly
May 16, 2017
Nathan B.
Lead director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Great program to use”

ProsLay a way option to give customers options when it comes to buying items from our store, as people would like to spread out payments for an item
ConsNothing so far. The setup is a little bit involved, if that could be simplified, it be better. I have not fully gone into other than the needs for our shop.
nathan t.
March 16, 2018

“A little difficult to get set up but customer support was super helpful”

ProsOnce it's up and running it's super easy and a great way to boost conversions on high ticket items. Support is fantastic and incredibly responsive.
ConsTough to get installed. Require partially team to implement. Aside from that it has overall ben a positive experience.
Matthew G.
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
March 19, 2018

“I actually only signed up and never used it because I found a different provider that worked best”

OverallWasn't able to use
ProsI loved that it's free to use! Like I said I never got around to using it.
ConsI didn't like that when a customer goes to make a 1st payment on something recurring, that it shows the lump sum when they go to do so. To me, this can scare potential buyers and I found a different site that just shows the single payment, and then a separate agreement that contains the full sum so that there is a higher commitment and conversion rate.
Donovan G.
March 19, 2018

“Good all around product for payment plans”

ProsAllowing customers to set their own prices and payment plan is really helpful and useful for our business.
ConsI wish partially had a way to get all the money up front and then chase up on their side for payment, like affirm or futurepay.
Fabian R.
IT Professional

“Good app AAA++”

Prosthe flexible plan , quick books interaction , easy to use , easy to administration and not expensive for implementation
Consdont have colombian peso , i have to make it in US dollar and in colombia its very variable the price of the dolar
March 13, 2018

“Love being able to take partial payments on my orders.”

ProsBeing able to take partial payments with orders gives relief to my customers knowing that they don't have to pay the full amount for their custom suits.
ConsI think it's not as user-friendly as I had hoped it would be. Other than that, there's not much I really dislike about it.
Nicole S.
March 13, 2018

“I love it. Very easy to use. ”

ProsAble to give customers what they want. Able to easily set up payment plans for customers and have they get signed up.
ConsNot able to go in and change things myself. Like minimize payments. Only works with gmail, yahoo and .edu have not worked.
Shonda D.
March 13, 2018

“Great customer service, I feel the app could use a little work. ”

ProsThe best part is the customer service! It's amazing from beginning to end. I liked that it drafts accounts.
ConsIt was difficult to refund customers through it. I also couldn't figure out how to collect again if a payment was missed.
Mariah A.
Graphic Designer

“Easy and convenient”

OverallNothing other than it's not something that just automatically comes with my Freshbooks plan (but that's not their fault!)
ProsI have yet to find a product that does as well as partial.ly for creating payment plans - which I need often for my high end services.
Titus V.
PE Teacher
Education Management, 201-500 employees
March 21, 2018

“Very user friendly”

OverallEase of use and user friendly
ProsIt helps me make it easy to pay online rather than going to a lot of steps not like other softwares online which makes it difficult for users like me
ConsNothing to say really as I have absolutely nothing bad or I don't like about this software. As far as I know for a user like me, it is very helpful in transacting online and making payment much easier
March 21, 2018
Tracy M.
Accountant
May 22, 2017

“Only use for about 10-15 plans during one time of year. Much easier to use than last year.”

ProsList of plans is easy to follow. The schedule of the plans is usually easy to follow. We have only 10-15 plans a year so it is pretty easy to detail out daily deposits.
ConsWish the amount showed in the transaction list, net of fees. I track all deposits into the bank, so it would be nice to have an email stating which plans are deposited on a daily basis, with the total amount and show the fees.
Matt P.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
March 20, 2018

“Great interface. Easy to use. ”

OverallI like how I can go into the system and invoice customers directly from the software with any other software connected.
ProsI enjoy how easy you can invoice customers and create payments. Creating new invoices is a breeze and easy to do.
ConsAt this time I have not found any "cons" with the software. I enjoy using the software. When you need it, it is there for you.
Ngiste A.
COO
March 18, 2018

“It was more complicated than I expected. We aren't using it any more. ”

ProsI thought I would like that it synced with Freshbooks. I like the theory, but in practice it was very annoying.
ConsI wish I interacted with it in Freshbooks, not the other way around. I used Partial.ly once and then I figured out how to manually manage multiple payments in Freshbooks because it was too complicated for me and the clients. Our partial payment client load is small enough this wasn't a huge challenge.
March 18, 2018
March 13, 2018

“So great for stores with higher pricepoints”

OverallMaking money from people who can't necessarily afford high end items up front.
ProsThe fact that you can make your highend product accessible to all. Without this, you are relying on people to save up, whereas with partial.ly, you can capture that impulse buy.
ConsI think its important to intgrate rules and customer notifications, so you can make people as comfortable as possible with their monthly payments. A flexiblity request might be prudent for customers who dont have the mondy for a payment yet.
Kimberly H.
Managing Owner
March 13, 2018

“Great Alternative Payment Option”

OverallIt's a service that I can implement to assure I get paid in a timely fashion. I like to know when to expect payment for services.
ProsI love that this gives my clients another option to paying for service in advance. It allows for my client and me to be in control of the payment process. It enables me to be aware of when to expect payment and my client to be aware of when payments are going out.
ConsAt first, it was a little tricky knowing how to set it up. Since I offer a service, versus a product, I had some initial confusion on setting up the agreement.
Animation, Unspecified
March 13, 2018

“Smooth and almost effortless”

ProsEasy to get up and running. low learning curve. The value of the software is immediately recognized.
elizabeth s.
Retail, Self-employed

“All wrong!!”

OverallNone
ProsI wish i had some positive things to say about Partial.ly, but i do not. It was a bad experience and i would not recommend them to anyone.
ConsIt didn't connect with my Shopify inventory so when i went to place my order based on inventory sold i ended up under ordering because none of the inventory ordered through Partial.ly synced up with Shopify! They are still supposed to refund me for 2 months i was charged after i asked to have my account closed!