ParkMyCloud Ratings

Overall

About ParkMyCloud

ParkMyCloud is a SaaS platform that automatically identifies and eliminates public cloud resource waste, reducing spending by 65% or more think Nest for the cloud. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud users such as McDonalds, Sysco, Unilever, Fox, and Sage Software have used ParkMyCloud to cut their cloud spending by millions of dollars annually. ParkMyCloud helps companies like these optimize and govern cloud usage by integrating cost control into their DevOps processes. Learn more about ParkMyCloud

Samantha H.
Software Engineer I
51-200 employees
October 20, 2017

“Easy way to save dollars spent on cloud”

OverallWe had a reduction in cost due to the fact our instances were no longer running 24/7. While we could have scheduled the instances ourselves it would take additional engineering cycles to do the work. We have limited resources available so this is a major consideration when picking tasks.
ProsThe incredibly easy to use interface. Rather than spend time creating scripts and functions to start and stop our EC2 instances, we can open the ParkMyCloud application and set the schedule for the instance I only want running for a limited timeframe. If you label your instances well then there is no reason that anyone in your organization couldn't manage the schedules for your cloud servers.
ConsThe only negative for me has been the fact that GovCloud is not supported. Many of our workloads run in the region and it would be very beneficial for us to have them included in the application.

By ParkMyCloud on February 20, 2019
UPDATE 2/20/19 Hi Samantha - I want to let you know that we do now support AWS GovCloud! Please email us at support@parkmycloud.com to get set up. -Katy --- Original Response: Hi Samantha, thanks for the review and glad you are saving money using ParkMyCloud. We are looking into supporting GovCloud in the future and will keep you posted. If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out directly. -Katy
October 20, 2017
Reed S.
January 24, 2017

“Great product, wish had more advanced features”

OverallI really appreciate the value that ParkMyCloud brings to us - it has saved us at least $/month since we started using it. I do wish however that the tools for analyzing sizing were more comprehensive - several competitors have agent-based models that analyze local instance usage and can give AWS sizing based on that, which seems to be a major feature that's lacking in ParkMyCloud. During a recent review, a competitor's product recommended an additional $/month in savings by shrinking AWS instance sizes, something ParkMyCloud doesn't presently have the ability to calculate effectively. However, as a tool that you can give to ANYONE in your organization, and have them be responsible for their own AWS costs, it is certainly unmatched. I've given it to execs who had no technical ability at all, and told them "here you go - you can only control your specific servers, design a power schedule that works for you", and they've done it with zero assistance. I do think it's a serious "miss" that you don't have the ability in the UI to specify which EC2 instances you do and don't want ParkMyCloud to manage (and thereby have to pay for). If you have instances that are always running, and you're happy with their sizing and not interested in analyzing those, it doesn't seem like you should have to pay ParkMyCloud for managing them.

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2017
Hi Reed, thanks so much for your review! We are actually planning to add rightsizing functionality this year, and would like to get your input about this feature - I'll send you an email regarding that. Regarding your last point, we determined that customers appreciate being able to see and manage all instances in a single dashboard, and built the pricing model around this assumption - so the cost per instance per month is lower than it would be if we charged only per instances parked. Additionally, some customers choose to separate instances into different AWS accounts based on whether they plan to manage those instances in ParkMyCloud or not. Thanks for your feedback on this! -Katy
Justin M.
Sr. Linux Engineer
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
October 17, 2017

“Overall, this product is great at what it does and it saved us from having to code the process.”

OverallSaved thousands per month on a fairly small number of EC2 instances that were costly running 24/7.
Pros- Very easy and seamless to integrate into current AWS account. - Saved money per month after implementing a business hours schedule, all with a simple click of a button - You can team up accounts for user permissions - Supports multiple cloud accounts - Nice looking reports, although data could be skewed from static costs - The ability to snooze an instance for maintenance is great. We can have vendors control instance status without intervention. - Quick response on turning on/off an instance and maintaining that state if the change was done within AWS console itself. - Nice inventory/details of each instance such as IPs, instance type, instance ID, block devices, etc...
Cons- Charges for all ec2 instances whether in use or not. May have to craft special IAM permissions to limit the instances it bills on. - Projected/Actual savings is a bit off due to static costs, not considering if the instance includes SQL licensing - Can't forcibly shutdown an instance on errors, although AWS console supports this by issuing two shutdown commands.

By ParkMyCloud on October 19, 2017
Hi Justin, thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud. We're always happy to hear feedback so don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. -Katy
Benjamin H.
Manager, Quality and Costs
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2016

“Makes it really easy to save money for the person who needs business-hours only instances”

OverallThe product was relatively new when we started. This meant we hit some bugs and had some feature deficits. PMC was great at getting the issues fixed quickly, and communicating new features that we were waiting for. They even reach out when they see problems with our account. We could not use it as widely as we had hoped, but it works well when we use it.
Proseasy to create a sleep schedule economical easy to understand
Conssecurity policy can be difficult to manage does not support google requires time to monitor

By ParkMyCloud on August 23, 2016
Hi Benjamin, thanks for writing a review! We appreciate your business & ongoing feedback you provide as a customer. I do want to comment on a few things you mentioned. We will be adding support for Google Compute (and Microsoft Azure) in the near future - first half of 2017. Also, time to monitor should be reduced once we have external notifications (email, etc.) in place. Regarding the security policy which we've discussed offline, we're in communication with AWS on ways to make this simpler to manage. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to review, and as always, please reach out with any questions or feedback! -Katy
August 22, 2016
Keith N.
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2017

“Excellent Experience: Easy to Use, Powerful, Money-Saving”

OverallCost savings, ability to schedule environments, easy UI to be able to restart instances outside of the AWS console (so we can control who needs/gets access to the AWS console directly). There isn't anything that I don't like about the software. Everything works great. Roles and rights work great. Scheduling works great. Support for multiple cloud vendors works great. There's very clear UI for indicating savings. New reports are also intuitive and easy to generate.
ProsI think it is a big missing feature from AWS not having the ability to schedule instances. We leverage this to schedule all of our environments and to even do quick restarts if there is a prod issue requiring that. In the future, we will also leverage it to be able to control when a DR site comes online.

By ParkMyCloud on October 19, 2017
Keith, thanks so much for the positive review, glad to hear you're getting value from using ParkMyCloud! -Katy
Anjani B.
Project Coordinator
October 30, 2017

“We love it!”

ProsThis product is very helpful with maintaining all the AWS instances (for a variety of products). Easy to handle the instances and user friendly.
ConsIt would be nice to have the ability to connect more than one AWS account to my park my cloud. Also, would like the ability to switch admin accounts easily ( helpful when we need to transfer out an account to the customer after release)

By ParkMyCloud on October 31, 2017
Hi Anjani, thanks for the review! I believe when you say "connect more than one AWS account", you may be referring to an MSP view where you are managing multiple customers' infrastructure in one ParkMyCloud account - this is something we are looking into for the future. In the case of an individual company using ParkMyCloud, you can connect multiple AWS accounts to a single ParkMyCloud account with any of the paid tiers. We're always happy to help switch admin accounts - if you need assistance please reach out directly. Thanks again for the feedback! -Katy
October 30, 2017
Tanya P.
Technical Document Writer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2018

“I love parkmycloud”

OverallI really love it. I only use the free version because I only have 2 servers and no need for the bells and whistles. However, if I ever know of someone using AWS on a larger scale I wouldn't hesitate to recommend parkmycloud. I really couldn't use AWS cost effectively without it.
ProsI have schedules set up and now no longer have to worry about a server being left on and having a high AWS bill at the end of the month
Constook a little to get used to the setup, wasn't necessary intuitive

By ParkMyCloud on September 6, 2018
Tanya, thanks so much for your review! We're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud. If you have any suggestions to make the setup more intuitive, please let us know! Thanks, Katy
September 5, 2018
Ricardo R.
Operations Center Manager
Information Services, 5001-10,000 employees
January 24, 2017

“Park my cloud - best thing to save money - look no more!”

OverallWe have been using Park My Cloud for over a year now and we are so happy about the service and we have saved a lot of money, part of the reasons is the automated schedules to avoid computing during non business hours. we are very happy!
ProsWeb interface, easy to use, the concept of reducing cost
ConsI can't think of anything
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you observe your cloud behavior, by scheduling the right times it could save you more than you think

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2017
Ricardo, thanks so much for the review! Glad you and your team are happy with using ParkMyCloud! -Katy
Paul P.
Software Engineer
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees

“Great Support/Great UI”

OverallThe UI is very intuitive as well as great support from the vendor when having issues. ParkMyCloud has been very open when we give them feedback as well as features we would like to be implemented it.
ProsThe ease of use and the intuitive UI as well as the ability to automaticlly schedule my instances to save me money
ConsI would like for the view of of my resources to be bigger so I can see more of my resources and policies
Recommendations to other buyersN/A

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the review! -Katy
Saikrishna C.
Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 25, 2017

“it is a great tool to monitor the vm status. very easy to schedule the servers to run and stop. ”

OverallThe park my cloud gives the user a very friendly access to make the servers scheduled according to the requirement. we have defined all our servers got scheduled with the park my cloud.
ProsEasy to learn Easy to access Preparing the schedule is so easy
ConsSometimes the servers are not starting/stopping even after the scheduled time UI look can be more improved

By ParkMyCloud on January 25, 2017
Hi Saikrishna, thank you for the review! If you are having problems with servers not starting/stopping as scheduled, our Support team can take a look. I'll send you an email to follow up. -Katy
Prakash G.
SSE

“My Own Review”

OverallIt is a fantastic tool undoubtedly. But setting time for a bunch of instances can be provided better.
ProsEasy to access and Use
ConsShould be easier in setting time limits for a bunch of instances. Dynamically should be able to select time instead of creating Zones.

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Prakash, thanks for your review. I'd like some clarification on your comment - I'll send an email to follow up. Best, Katy
Taylor P.
Sr DevOps Engineer
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2017

“Simple service makes scheduling instances easy”

OverallThe interface is rather simple and straightforward, so it's easy to jump right in and start scheduling your instances. With the ability to group instances together and allow developer access to spin things back up, it's trivial to have development environments on demand!
ProsIt does one thing and does it well. It is priced low enough that it is a no-brainer if you have a few instances that are only required at a certain time.
ConsSo far I have a feature request to be able to scale down auto scaling groups to a specific number instead of 0, for times when I know traffic will be low.
Recommendations to other buyersThey offer a good free trial, so check it out and see how much money you could save!

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Taylor, thanks for your review and glad you've found the product useful. We do plan to add the feature you've requested (ability to scale auto scaling groups down to a specific number rather than 0) later this year. Thanks for noting this, we appreciate the feedback. -Katy
Alan C.
Trading System Designer and Trading Consultant
Financial Services, Self-employed
October 19, 2018

“Smooth sailing after setup”

OverallVery positive experience so far. The customer support is attentive and very helpful. New features are constantly being added. Best of all it has massively reduced potential cloud hosting costs.
ProsThe PMC web interface is very intuitive and easy to use. There's a wealth of functionality available too. It can potentially save a lot of money in hosting fees.
ConsThe setup is a little fiddly in hooking up PMC with Google Cloud. It's mostly typing in a bunch of commands into a command line interface, but the help and documentation is very good. It just requires a bit of concentration to get it done.

By ParkMyCloud on October 22, 2018
Hi Alan, thanks for your feedback! We appreciate it. We have automated setup scripts for AWS and Azure, and are now working on one for GCP based on feedback like yours, so setup will be easier for future users! -Katy
John F.
Principal
November 20, 2017

“Excellent for controlling costs”

ProsI can set it and forget it. No more worrying about dev instances staying on. No more worrying about production instances going off at the wrong time. Plus I can add clients to my account and let them turn on and off their dev instances

By ParkMyCloud on November 21, 2017
John, thanks for the review and glad to hear that ParkMyCloud is working well for you! -Katy
November 20, 2017
Ghana R.
Sr. Software Engineer

“ParkMyCloud”

OverallIt's pretty good. But I saw sometimes the status of my ec2's as running when the schedule was "on" and my ec2 is not actually running. Not sure this is a bug or is it like. Since the schedule is in "on" state, irrespective of ec2 running or not, the status shows as running. This was little confusing. Other than I had no issues with PMC.
ProsWe don't have to worry about whether the ec2 is running on the time when it is not supposed to.
ConsAs I said in the review...sometimes the status of ec2 shows as running even when the ec2 is not running
Recommendations to other buyersIt's pretty good. I was using for EC2's. I'm not sure whether we can use PMC for ECS. if not it would be a good idea to add this option.

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
We discussed Ghana's comments with him and confirmed that the issue he mentioned in this review was resolved several months ago - so current/future users, not to fear! The instance status shown in ParkMyCloud will always be up-to-date with the instance's actual status (even if you, say, stop the instance via the AWS console rather than via ParkMyCloud.) Ghana, thanks again for your feedback! -Katy
George C.

“Great Product”

OverallI found this very easy to use. Configuration was a little wonky in that I could not just do a copy/ repeat for consecutive days that would be on the same schedule. Clicking all the individual boxes for an entire weeks worth of scheduling is tedious, but not a game stopper. Really like the product and its user friendliness. Price is spot on.
ProsEasy setup Adding new accounts is a breeze Easy to navigate
ConsScheduling not repeatable on individual accounts, a lot of clicking to setup the schedules
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are new to the cloud and want a fast easy way to setup scheduling to help you save money, this is the product you should be using.

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi George, thanks for the review! Sorry you found the schedule configuration difficult, we hope to make this easier in the future. (For future reference, you can actually click the day of week or hour of day header to select/deselect a whole row or column at once.) Also could you clarify your comment "Scheduling not repeatable on individual accounts, a lot of clicking to setup the schedules" - I want to clear up any usage issues you may have! Thanks again, Katy
Cathy F.
LPA
Law Practice, 501-1000 employees
January 23, 2019

“ParkMyCloud”

OverallBeing able to save money by conserving unnecessary run time. An easy way to keep our cost down with minimal effort.
ProsThat you can manage all of your resources on a single page.
ConsI can't say that there is anything about the software that I don't like.

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2019
Cathy, thanks for your review! Glad you have found value in using ParkMyCloud. -Katy
January 23, 2019
Jonathan C.
CEO & Founder
August 16, 2016

“There is no reason not to use ParkMyCloud”

OverallAs a company that works with many start-ups, we put everyone of them on ParkMyClout as a way to save their operational cost. ParkMyCloud is really Fast and Easy to setup. And it really does save 50% - 60% of the non-production servers cost.
ProsEase of Use, Very simple UI and good user experience Quick, effortless savings "Fire and Forget" - once you set your calendar, you do not need to worry about it anymore. No need to write scripts and worry about updating them

By ParkMyCloud on August 19, 2016
Thanks for the review, appreciate it!
antonio t.
analyst
Newspapers, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2018

“parkmycloud is very easy to use”

OverallI find it very easy to use and its features are flexible
Pros I really liked the ability to turn on an instance for a certain time
Consthe way to find your instances its very difficult view the instances and the groups

By ParkMyCloud on October 23, 2018
Antonio, thanks for your review! If you have any additional feedback about what was difficult about finding your instances/groups, we'd love to hear it - always looking to improve ease of use. Thanks! -Katy
Krishna C.
SRE
Information Services, 51-200 employees

“Ease of use”

OverallI liked the experience with ParkMyCloud.
ProsIt is very user friendly and have a very good user support which is a bonus.
Consthere was an update to the software without prior notice cause the date and time stamp to change for Asia pacific users due to which my servers stopped/started abruptly.

By ParkMyCloud on October 23, 2018
Krishna, thanks for your review! We'll take responsibility for the errors caused with that update you mentioned, that shouldn't happen again, and thanks to help from users like you we were able to resolve quickly. We're glad you've had an overall positive experience with ParkMyCloud, and if you have any other feedback please let us know. Thanks, Katy
Max B.
Solutions Architect
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
October 26, 2018

“Solution Architect”

OverallI have been more than satisfied with ParkMyCloud
ProsScheduling test/QA instances is very easy and cost efficient
ConsNot being able to group instances is less than ideal

By ParkMyCloud on October 29, 2018
Hi Max, thanks for your review! So glad you've found ParkMyCloud easy to use and cost efficient. Could you elaborate on what you mean by "not being able to group instances"? We do have a logical groups feature for scheduling resources as a group and for ordered startup/shutdown, see here: https://bit.ly/2voDvZg Have you used that feature? Or is there something else you're looking to do? Thanks so much, your feedback is helpful! -Katy
October 26, 2018
Nassim I.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2018

“Great Ease of Use”

ProsParking a cloud is very important as it allows to reduces costs. On top of providing this service, it is very easy to use and to configure. The documentation is well written
ConsNone. But it is mandatory to write something in this section.

By ParkMyCloud on September 26, 2018
Thanks for your review, Nassim! Glad you've found value from the product! -Katy
September 19, 2018
John K.
Manager of Solutions Analytics
February 1, 2017

“Great service that saves us a ton of money!”

OverallParkMyCloud is an excellent service that allows us to easily manage our AWS instances so that we're only paying for our AWS instances when we're actively using them. We were able to save almost 50% off of our monthly bill after about only 20 minutes of setup!
ProsVery easy to use
ConsWe don't have any complaints!
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out as soon as you can if you're running on AWS and watch the savings add up!

By ParkMyCloud on February 1, 2017
John, thanks so much for your review! -Katy
Randy B.
Lead Cloud Architect
Chemicals, 5001-10,000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Great product”

OverallI would absolutely recommend them to any organization. A flat rate vs. per instance would be a better pricing model.
ProsEasy to configure, instant feedback and opportunities to increase savings and reduce waste in your cloud environment.
ConsLimited in reporting and optimization when evaluated but features have been updated greatly since my first review. Cost model is a little high.

By ParkMyCloud on March 15, 2019
Hi Randy, thanks for your review! If you have any specific concerns about pricing for your account we'd be happy to discuss. Best, Katy
March 5, 2019
Wilson F.
Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 30, 2018

“Perfect for small projects.”

OverallSaved me a lot of money, whitout spend any cent using the free tier service.
ProsHas a free tier! I have a personal project running on Google Cloud instances, it's a project that I work only a few times a day at specifics houes. ParkMyCloud enable to schelude the hours wich I need my VMs turned on and manage the time wich is shut down. This saves my money.
ConsNothing at moment. The service is working fine.

By ParkMyCloud on November 1, 2018
Wilson, thanks for your review, and we're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud! -Katy
Ayush C.
Student
February 20, 2018

“Powerful yet easy-to-use scheduling tool and policy engine is easy to use.”

Pros1. AWS Price cut by one half. Amazing tool. 2. Dashboard is just out beautiful. Much better than AWS Dashboard.
Cons1. Support for Digital Ocean and Vultr would be appreciated, 2. More Trial period would be really a good choice .

By ParkMyCloud on February 21, 2018
Hi Ayush, thanks for your review. While the full-featured trial is limited to 2 weeks, we do offer a permanent free version of the product with the core parking features and dashboard - this may suit your needs. Please reach out if we can help with that. -Katy
February 20, 2018
jesse e.
Team Lead Cloud Architecture
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Great Experience”

OverallThe features and ease of use fastly became one of the easiest ways to manage the start/stop states of aws instances, and the feature that allowed an instance to be up X number of hours outside schedule was awesome. Would be cool if you could manage that from the AWS console like with a tag you could throw on quick to bypass the schedule without having to login to the PMC console
ProsGUI, agentless
Consneeds other admin functionality
Recommendations to other buyerskeep expanding on functionality and keep in mind that all users want to automate all builds, make it so we can add schedule to an instance without having to login into another console

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2017
Hi Jesse, Thanks so much for your review! I want to make sure you know about a) our automated policy engine, so if you do have tags from the AWS console you can set rules to automatically put those on schedules, and b) our API, which does allow you to add schedules to instances without logging in to the ParkMyCloud console. Hope those will help. I'll send you an email to follow up! -Katy
Edward P.
Software Engineer
Capital Markets, 5001-10,000 employees

“ParkMyCloud”

OverallPark My Cloud is a unique product that has great potential to reduce cost savings in the cloud. The ability to distribute rights to groups has made the ability for our teams to take advantage of individual application sleep schedules.
ProsIt's versatile and is extremely easy to use. The GUI interface has been much improved from earlier models.
ConsRDS sleeping would be a huge advantage.

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2017
Hi Edward, thanks for the review! I want to let you know that we do plan to add RDS parking later this year - we'll let you know when that's released. -Katy
Ambar S.
January 30, 2019

“very good service”

OverallVery good Satisfied
Prosit helps me to reduce the bill from amazon which otherwise needs a tedious script writing. Saves me money and time.
Consnothing as such but may be interface can be a little better but that does not matter to me.

By ParkMyCloud on February 6, 2019
Hi Ambar, thanks for your review! Glad PMC has saved you from some tedious scripts! By the way, if you have any specific feedback about the interface, shoot it our way - we're always looking to improve the user experience. Thanks, Katy
January 30, 2019
Reuven S.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
October 27, 2018

“Good product”

Overallvery good
ProsAbility to control work time of server
Consscheduled possible to only round hours and not available to use for half an hour for example

By ParkMyCloud on January 25, 2019
Reuven, thanks for your review and we're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud! We may be adding smaller increments for schedules as you've mentioned - we'll keep you posted! Best, Katy --- Update 1/25/19 Hi Reuven, I want to let you know that we added 15-minute scheduling increments as of this month. Cheers, Katy
October 27, 2018
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
August 6, 2018

“Cost-saving and simple, straightforward tool”

ProsThis was a great way for us to save money spent on cloud because we were able to use the ParkMyCloud App to schedule specific times when our EC2 instances would be running. This reduces the need to run it 24/7 and has reduced our monthly costs thousands of dollars. There's no need for creating functions and scripts which means that virtually anyone can operate this because the interface is incredibly simple and easy to use.
ConsThe full-featured trial only last for 2 weeks and we'd really appreciate it if they extended that bit further so we can have a good feel for the software and how it fits into our organization. They do have a permanently free version, but we just want to have more time to decide whether we want the free or paid version.
August 6, 2018
Raghavendar G.
February 2, 2017

“ParkMyCloud is a great tool”

OverallIt was such a great experience utilizing the features of ParkMyCloud...setting up schedules/calendars is such an easy and simple way to associate with our AWS instances...it saves a lot...as the subscriptions are cost centric and optimization is the KEY...
ProsGreat User Interface, simple and sweet
Conssome of the icons can be made more intuitive...do not use dark/thick colors...

By ParkMyCloud on February 2, 2017
Raghavendar, thanks so much for the review! Glad you have had a good experience with ParkMyCloud & thanks for the feedback! -Katy
February 2, 2017
Jarrett F.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
January 17, 2017

“Feature / Functionality Updates: Primary Logical Grouping and Access”

OverallWe are using the product in our Commercial Bank LOB. I was on the team directly looking to socialize this product out to our org and assure it would be able to scale from a management perspective. There are some features/functionality changes we would love to see implemented to better suit our needs/requirements. I think the biggest change would be a better way to associate and group instances into logical groupings AND allow those groupings only to groups (teams) of users. Also, another big update needed is LDAP/SSO integration.; this is huge for us. Managing separate logins is painful for our organization and doesn't align with enterprise architecture. After conversations around this product, my co-worker has taken the lead on managing PMC in our area and would love to have him connect w/ the team that could implement some F/F updates. -If he hasn't already... Thanks! Jarrett Fosberg Cloud/DevOps Engineer 504.444.1111
ProsEase of use.
Consmanageability for enterprise and LDAP/SSO intergration
Recommendations to other buyersmentioned in previous responses

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Jarrett, thanks for the review. I'll send you an email regarding the feature & functionality requests for your team - we are happy to chat with about your needs & the product roadmap. Regarding LDAP/SSO, this is coming very shortly - within a few weeks. As for the logical groups, you can assign a logical group to a team - I'll include more info in that followup email. Best, Katy
Viv S.
February 1, 2017

“Easy to use and fast to start up an environment”

OverallI have used parkMyCloud for over a year now and it is really easy to use. All your environments are on one page and the function of being able to start up an app and stop and app running is easily identifiable and logical. The app starts up within a few minutes and you are away testing or using the app.
ProsEasy to use
Consmaybe searching and finding the app you want.
Recommendations to other buyersYes, cost effective, easy to use. Makes my job as a software tester easier as I have the apps readily available when I need them at a click of a button.

By ParkMyCloud on February 1, 2017
Hi Viv, thanks for your review! Glad you are finding ParkMyCloud helpful. If you have specific suggestions about search we're happy to hear them. Thanks! -Katy
Andy R.
Partner
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2016

“Great way to manage our AWS account and reduce monthly bill”

OverallAllows the company to manage our use of AWS EC2 and schedule our instances based on our company needs. Simple tool which is used by people across the company and helped us save thousands of dollars each month.
ProsSimple user interface and quick to create schedules.
ConsWould like to be able to control RDS instances from within the platform.
Recommendations to other buyersNone

By ParkMyCloud on August 19, 2016
Thanks for reviewing! RDS support is on the roadmap!
August 19, 2016
Marcio D.
Senior Director
February 1, 2017

“Easy user interface and clear to understand.”

OverallThe use of ParkMyCloud allows us to have a clear picture of our infrastructure, the number of resources being used, and when would it make sense to have down time based on the different locations, and more important the potential savings that we can have.
ProsEasy to use.

By ParkMyCloud on February 1, 2017
Hi Marcio, thanks for your review and glad you have found ParkMyCloud useful. -Katy
Jyostna S.

“Cost optimization simplified”

Overallwhen we were first introduced to Park my cloud, I have really appreciated the ease of setup based on Tags and the interface was very innovative and lucid to understand. the real time UI of showing up the actual savings are true reflection of the amount you are saving , which is quite appreciable as calculation based on manual is quite cumbersome as it involves many loose ends. the variety of schedules are really a quite relief as we an schedule it as per our convenience.
Prosscheduling and UI
ConsNA
Recommendations to other buyersdefinitely beenficial

By ParkMyCloud on February 1, 2017
Jyostna, thanks for your review, glad you have found ParkMyCloud useful! -Katy
Ravikiran r.
TM

“Good ”

OverallGood
ProsIt's very good and friendly usage to all
ConsNeed more features to announce as which helps automation

By ParkMyCloud on October 22, 2018
Hi Ravikiran, thanks for the review - do you have any particular features in mind that you're looking for? We're always looking to better meet customer needs! Thanks, Katy
Nathan R.
January 23, 2018

“Saving money on cloud services and doing it for cheap... this is what ParkMyCloud is about!”

OverallSaving money is always a good thing. They help you do that in a very simple way.
ProsSaving money. Simply put you can save up to 60% by "turning off" (not exactly sure how they do it) the AWS instances that you are not using at the hours you are not using them. Basically you will only pay for the times you are working, not for the "off" time.

By ParkMyCloud on January 25, 2018
Hi Nathan, thanks for the review and glad you are getting great savings using ParkMyCloud! -Katy
January 23, 2018
Georgi S.
Software Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed

“High level solution”

ProsIt gives the simplicity I need. It saves me costs.
ConsAt that time I don't see negatives. Hope will remain the same in the future.

By ParkMyCloud on November 1, 2018
Georgi, thanks for your review, and we're glad you're getting value out of ParkMyCloud! Best, Katy
October 16, 2018

“Excellent Tool”

ProsIt is a user friendly platform to manage your data.
ConsI have never faced any such challenges while accessing the tool.

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the feedback. -Katy
October 16, 2018
Sven R.
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

“Excellent Tool!”

OverallGreat Tool, very simple and very easy and it does exactly what it should do in a professional way .
ProsMultiple AWS Accounts Uses IAM Roles for Authentification Supports multiple Teams and Users

By ParkMyCloud on August 16, 2016
Thanks for the review!
Sherlynn C.

“Sherlynn PMC review”

OverallWhat is nice about the PMC is the simplicity, direct and user friendly interface. What needs to improve are what more can PMC offer as a functionality that they can save for cloud systems.
ProsThe simplicity and directness of the interface

By ParkMyCloud on January 18, 2017
Hi Sherlynn, Thanks for your review! We're always happy to discuss specific functionality recommendations you have - please let me know if you'd like to discuss further. Best, Katy
Md. H.
Web In-Charge
Media Production, 51-200 employees

“Cost saving service ”

ProsOn off button Scheduling of server up and down time
ConsControl auto scaling servers on megegerment off traffic

By ParkMyCloud on October 22, 2018
Hi there - do you have any further feedback about the "cons" you mentioned? We want to make sure we understand your experience and what you're looking for. Thanks! -Katy
Bobby C.
January 17, 2017

“Great product with very responsive customer support”

OverallParkMyCloud is a fantastic product which has helped our organization save a lot of money and is very easy to use. The customer support has been amazing and very responsive even for our demanding needs. Our suggestions are also taken onboard which makes us feel very valued.

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Bobby, thanks for your review! We're so glad to have Foster Moore as a customer and always happy to work with you! -Katy
Colin S.
DevOps Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Standard EC2 Scheduler”

OverallFor heavy duty solutions, you're going to be better off writing your own scripts that turn off and on instances, but this definitely gets the job done if you don't have time or resources to do that. Their UI is not the most beautiful, and it's a little frustrating having to log in to another service, but no doubt it saves a lot of money if used properly
ProsSaves a lot of money
ConsAnnoying to log in to another service!

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Colin, Thanks for the review. We're interested to see your comment that writing in-house scripts will be better for "heavy duty solutions". Many of our customers (including our largest) switched from writing scripts to using ParkMyCloud and between the team/user/AWS credential management, easy way to "snooze" schedules for use of instances outside of normal hours, savings reports, and other featuers provided by ParkMyCloud, they prefer using PMC to their own solutions. So since you have a different opinion, we'd definitely like to hear your feedback - I'll send you an email to follow up. -Katy
Wen pang F.

“Simple but useful”

OverallIt's a simple but easy to use the product. It didn't take too much time to learn. No manual needed. I like the feature to start the 8nstamce for a couple hours. It will stop automatically.
ProsEasy to use

By ParkMyCloud on January 17, 2017
Hi Wen pang, thanks for your review. I'm glad you've found ParkMyCloud easy to use. If you have any other specific feedback, we're happy to hear it. Thanks, Katy
Abhilash S.
Senior System Engineer
January 25, 2017

“Excellent and useful tool for business”

OverallIt's an awesome tool for cloud infra which can handle many important tasks without any assistance during peak/off business hours. It could be very useful tool for cost maintaining and some automated or pro active things as well.
ProsPro-active things like tasks scheduling for cloud premises.
ConsNothing!
Recommendations to other buyersIntegrating with AWS would be better :)

By ParkMyCloud on January 26, 2017
Hi Abhilash, thanks for the review! I'd like to hear a little more about your comment "integrating with AWS would be better" - I will send an email to follow up. Thanks! -Katy
stephanie l.
January 24, 2017

“Park My Cloud helps non-IT folks manage costs in Amazon”

OverallI have found park my cloud to have a very intuitive UI. It allows project mangers to keep a close watch on their instances and ensure that schedules are set up of up/down time to manage costs effectively!

By ParkMyCloud on January 24, 2017
Hi Stephanie, thanks so much for the review, glad you have found ParkMyCloud useful! -Katy
Tomas S.
January 18, 2017

“Nice tool allowing to control your AWS costs”

OverallEasy to use tool which allows you to control your AWS instances. Has space for improvement in selecting the right schedule but overall has good value for money.

By ParkMyCloud on January 20, 2017
Tomas, thanks so much for the review. If you have any specific suggestions about schedule selection, please reach out - we'd be happy to hear them! Best, Katy