Threads Culture Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About Threads Culture

Threads Culture Software enables organizations to better identify, monitor and protect their culture by making core values center to their performance management and employee engagement process. Conduct meaningful performance reviews that measures employees against your unique core values as well as their individual goals. Capture real time feedback to allow managers to react throughout the year and not just at review time. Learn more about Threads Culture

Lori S.
Director, Education, Team Experience
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
January 3, 2017

“If you want easy and awesome, THREADS is your answer”

OverallAt RedPeak, we are a smaller company that highly values culture and its effect on long term retention. We searched for almost a year and evaluated a number of options, most of which were simply too cumbersome, formal and/or elaborate for our needs. Then we came across THREADS. Since I had done all the research and made the case for the switch, I was a bit nervous as to how it all would come together. Adjusting to new software, as well as, a different approach to reviews can be difficult in a company that values stability and consistency, and I was convinced in the process of completely changing our approach, something would go wrong. Was I wrong? The easiest transition we have made. The software worked, it is uber easy to navigate and the team embraced the new approach, once they understood they had an easy place to provide ongoing feedback on fellow team members. The weekly updates are invaluable, provide real insight to the remarkable recoveries and efforts team members make and potential learning/feedback opportunities that would provide assistance and support. The best part is that kudos/challenges get in front of the CEO, who waits for them each Friday, and has indicated their value. This product is not complicated, it does inspire ongoing peer to peer feedback, and truly helps the team understand the expectation from a culture and results perspective.
ProsHow easy it is to provide feedback and understand whether or not we are delivering authenticity in regard to the cultural values promise we make the team.
ConsI have had numerous onsite/field team members indicate they would use the system even more if there was an app.
Recommendations to other buyersSeriously, I looked a long time. If you want simplistic, effective and a way to measure a real-time pulse, use THREADS. Make sure you bring the agent in to speak to the group before the roll out as he is very good at establishing buy in and helping the team understand why THREADS works the way it does.
January 3, 2017
Carolynn R.
HR Director
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
June 29, 2016

“Simple but so Amazing!”

ProsWe are a marketing and advertising agency and it is critical that any system we operate in aligns with and supports our culture. Our previous review process also included core values, just as Threads does, and this is one of the many reasons we selected Threads. The build-out was streamlined and quick. We provided our agency infrastructure and job descriptions and Threads took care of the rest, quickly I might add. The system is very easy to navigate within and as our Threads representative said during our training sessions - if you can post on Facebook or send a text, you won't have any trouble navigating within Threads and, administration is just as simple! There is one unique benefit that Threads offers that many other vendors do not, or charge an arm and a leg for, and that is TRAINING. Threads conducted our training at each of our locations, both manager and employee populations, and these sessions were great, so beneficial. Don't overlook this when you are shopping. They charge travel expenses and that's all! This is invaluable as HR can partner with them during that training, which I feel was a significant benefit to our roll-out and agency. Thanks to all including technical support - they are just as great!
ConsThere really isn't anything we have come across that we do not like. The system is simple and the functionality is key. Companies are always evolving and Threads has the fluidity to evolve along with us.
Recommendations to other buyersLook at the functionality of the system and the ease of the navigation and administration. Not sure you will find another that matches it for the price point! There is no start-up cost with Threads so do not forget about that. We saw high start-up and training fees and that was training only the administrator(s) not actually conducting the training - HUGE!
June 29, 2016
Meredith L.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
June 24, 2016

“Seems too good to be true - but it's the truth!”

ProsI found Threads though Software Advice, they were the first product we demoed and I LOVED it. The rest we demoed afterwards didnt stand a chance. We have been looking for more ways to integrate our values into daily life at our company and this fit the bill. We are a mid-sized company as is Threads and I think immediately there were a lot of synergies. We actually did a demo with the CEO of Threads with the CEO of our company, and that was very impactful. The product is soooo easy to use its ridiculous. Incredibly user friendly. We sprung for the in-person training and the staff really enjoyed it - got great feedback. The CEO is a great public speaker and everyone could relate to what he was preaching. Their customer service is also amazing, if you call them you talk to a real person, and today when I called with a question the CEO himself answered! Another thing I loved is that Threads never badgered me for the sale. Other vendors I demoed were getting CRAZY calling and emailing me nonstop, but Threads followed up once I think and that was it. And the rest PALED in comparison, I knew from the minute I saw Threads I had to have it.
ConsThere isn't really anything, it's quite different from our previous performance review system (which was pathetic to say the least), so outside of staff getting used to the new system, there hasn't been anything bad.
Recommendations to other buyersI guess it just depends on what you want. An organization without core values might struggle with this software as that is highly integrated. I'm not sure if there is anything as user-friendly as Threads though, it's so intuitive.
June 24, 2016
Casey S.
HR
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
May 11, 2018

“Great product for review management based on performance as well as company values.”

OverallIf your company takes pride in their unique culture and values, Threads is a must.
ProsEasy to use platform for continuous tracking of employee performance. The Threads admin staff is extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. They go out of their way to try and accommodate all of our company's needs. The automatic generated review draft upon completion of a review is a nice feature.
ConsThere are some limitations within the system that is not customizable (i.e. review frequency is company wide instead of employee based, job descriptions can not be customized per employee - only by job title).
Krystal R.
Technical Writer, Quality Control Support
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
December 22, 2017

“Great software, easy-to-use, excellent way to define and promote the values that are truly important to your company! ”

OverallThreads allows our company to decide what's most important to us, and how to measure those values instead of just evaluating our employees on their job performance and responsibilities. We couldn't agree more with Threads' belief that "In a great culture, it's not just what you do, but how you do it."
ProsI love that Threads is so easy to use; all the features in it feel intuitive and you don't waste time clicking around figuring out which tab to scroll down to find where this info goes, only to click back to 3 other pages to see it graphed. It's all connected and makes sense. I also love that I don't get endless emails or calls from the Threads team trying to promote other products or sell me extras. Everything's already included in the subscription - all features, all future upgrades, all the support I could ever need.
ConsIt's still early in our experience with Threads, but so far, there's nothing we'd change other than the MOST minor thing - the initial training to learn how to use the software was a bit redundant and drawn out, but I'd take that any day as opposed to being confused and not receiving enough support.
December 22, 2017
Karen M.
April 29, 2015

“All-encompassing performance review software”

ProsThreads is exactly what this company has been looking for; to incorporate the company's values into the performance review process so that each associate is measured not only on job performance but how well they live up to the company's values. All associates are able to see how they are doing throughout the year so no surprises when it comes to review time. Managers and other associates can leave input as to how the associate is doing at anytime and associates can leave input to let their manager's know what accomplishments have been achieved. Their team is awesome! You send them the information they need and they set Threads up for you and do all the training. Training can take place at your place of business or through a webinar or both. They will do as many training sessions as you feel is needed. The Threads team is always available to ask questions and to help you develop or change your company's information within the software. This is not a company that will sell you something, start you with setting it up and then not be available when you need assistance - they are always available.
ConsWhen making edits in Threads you cannot undo any changes that have been made.
Recommendations to other buyersThreads is a company that will allow you to try their software out for free. If you do not like it you are under no obligation to continue with it. Try it and I am sure you will love it.
April 29, 2015
Lorie C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Unspecified
January 29, 2015

“Human Resources Dream Come True!”

ProsFirst, I was fortunate enough to speak with Sean Abbas, Founder of Threads. He took time out of his busy day to demo the software, which I didn't know until end of demo/questions. He occasionally does this in order to help him fully understand what businesses are desiring in a performance evaluation software. The fact that someone like Sean took time out of his busy day to do such said something about his company: he cares! He wants businesses to get the absolute most out of his product. Secondly, we're a small business that has a limited budget; Threads doesn't charge an implementation fee, which can average $2,000. Third, Threads aligns values and results together. Important for us because we want to hire/keep employees that have the same core values as the company.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about it so far.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software is definitely going to help us with our performance evaluations. In addition, we'll be able to run reports, host employee forms/documents/handbook, create/maintain job descriptions, communicate with managers about staff members, and much more. Software does more than just help with performance evaluations; it's a human resource dream come true!
January 29, 2015
Jamin W.
VP of HR & Marketing
Banking, 51-200 employees
May 7, 2018

“Excellent Product with Exceptional Service”

OverallThis program has made my life so much easier as the head of HR. I would recommend it to anyone that wants to simplify their structure for employee reviews.
ProsThis product is extremely easy to use, and Threads does a very good job training. Their support staff has blown me away. They are always get back to me right away, and are willing to actually walk me through any of my problems, instead of make me go through hoops to finally talk to a person. The program is very user-friendly. Even though they trained well, I feel like I could figure out how to use most of the program on my own - it's that simple!
ConsI wish supervisors could have some degree of edit ability on Job Descriptions. Right now, the program only allows the Admin to make any changes to job descriptions and core values. I understand why, but it would be convenient to be able to restrict supervisors to have a small degree of Admin rights.
Hilary K.
Marketing Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

“Software that really adds value to your business performance reviews”

ProsThis software helped me assess my organization's culture and figure out where the weaknesses in our core values lied. We had been struggling with low employee morale and had yet to find a way to figure out our problems to develop a solution. Threads Culture provided both an intuitive and visual way for us to identify these issues.
ConsWhile I don't have many negative things to say about the product, the aesthetic appeal of the software could definitely be improved.
October 26, 2018
Fadela B.
Project Management
Management Consulting, Unspecified
March 17, 2016

“Very easy to use”

ProsI really liked the fact that Threads employees are always available to answer questions. From the get go, we were assigned a specific person/technician that was always there whenever we needed him. Also, they set up our entire organization on Threads. All we did was send out employees' job descriptions and information. Afterwards, Threads was always available to perform either onsite or off site training. The training lasts about an hour and is very detailed. Sean does a really good job at explaining how to use the software properly and answering all questions we have. The evaluation performance part allowed us to see how every employees are performing and what we could do to help those that were performing poorly.
ConsI haven't found anything negative to say about Threads yet. The software works perfectly for us and it is helping a lot in evaluating employee performance.
Recommendations to other buyersThreads is really easy to use and is designed to fit your organization's culture and values. It is a fun interactive software and all information posted are kept confidential. Any reviews or comments posted to other employees are only available for managers and administrators to see. Therefore, the information remains anonymous to the employee reviewed.
March 17, 2016
Leah C.
Banking, Unspecified
September 14, 2015

“Leah from Transportation Federal Credit Union”

ProsI evaluated over 7 different performance management software systems prior to selecting the top two demos for our senior management team to view. Needless to say, our management loved Thread's concept. Threads is exactly what we'd been looking for to close the gap between performance and values of the organization. My manager loves reviewing the comments/feedback that he receives each week through Threads. I can honestly say that their staff is wonderful - our client rep who assisted us with our implementation was great to work with. Always extremely helpful. The implementation process was seamless. We provided the requested data to Threads and their team took care of the setup. I can only describe my experience with Threads as "Awesome" throughout the entire process up to and including training. Sean provided the training for both managers and employees and everyone raved about the training.
ConsNothing that I dislike. It is easy to rate this company a 10 out of 10.
Recommendations to other buyersThis system is very user friendly. I'd suggest that you'd try it out as they allow you try it risk free for a period of time and I know you'll love it as much as our organization does.
September 14, 2015
Patty C.
August 27, 2015

“Extremely Happy with Threads!”

ProsI evaluated at least six different performance software systems prior to making my decision. After my demo, I was certain Threads was the choice for us. The most attractive thing for me was how our values are incorporated into the performance evaluation. I could not find another software platform on the market that did this. The ease of use, low cost and no contract were just benefits on top of how I felt the software was a match for our company. The exceptional service we received during the setup and roll-out of the system by far exceeded my expectations. The organizational chart is a plus for us and actually eliminated the need for a separate software we were using to keep our chart up to date.
ConsProduct - I would like to have a feature to print the organizational chart. Vendor - I cannot find one thing I do not like about Threads as a vendor. The entire team at Threads has been professional, responsive and genuinely concerned about the success of our system.
Recommendations to other buyersI made a list of all the things we were looking for the software to help us with, including features that we would like to have. Evaluate several, but make sure that Threads is one of them - I think you will be glad you did!
August 27, 2015
Jenny W.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2018

“A simple upgrade”

OverallSupport has been great. No question is dumb and they really seem to care about your company culture...and they want to educate you on ways to improve that. I feel like it's not just software; as an HR department of one person, I feel like I finally have a couple more in my court!
ProsWe recently defined our company's core values. It was important for us to find ways to make those a part of our daily lives, and not just words on a poster. We also desperately need to move away from paper forms that meant really nothing (if they were even completed!) to something more accurate and meaningful...and easy to use. Threads is a way for us to accomplish all of these things, without adding extra burden to our employees and managers, who are already overloaded. Threads has made us excited about "doing reviews" instead of dreading them.
ConsThe setup has been time consuming for HR because our job descriptions are a mess. We have spent a lot of time defining and refining these. Job descriptions are a must have with this system. By setting a go-live date, we've forced ourselves to have to work hard to get these job descriptions done.
January 18, 2018
Rosanne M.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
3.5/5
June 27, 2016

“So Far So Good”

ProsWe really like how the product measures both Job performance separate from Culture then blends the scores to give a true more effective rating. Love how it takes a lot of the work out by showing you highest and lowest scores and moves goals to next review. The comment feature allows for comments to be added quickly and easily creating a diary for every employee. this not only helps out when doing year end review, it brings potential corrective action to the forefront and the weekly emails to supervisors keeps management aware of what employees are doing or not doing. Staff is very responsive and willing to help in any way possible
ConsThe org chart is a little clumsy to use and navigate. Would be nice if it allowed dotted line and dual reports. Would love it if they could add and option to share a comment with the employee being commented on if you so desire. I little pricey but hopefully it will be worth it.
Recommendations to other buyersSoftware Advise was a great resource. They interviewed me to find out what I was looking for and what was important to me, then they matched me up with 4-5 software products, and assisted with arranging for demos. I highly recommend there service.
June 27, 2016
Chelsea S.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2018

“Very user-friendly software + great customer service + no annual contract = exceptional value!”

OverallIf you are in the market for a performance management system, I highly encourage you to take a look at Threads!
ProsFrom the first demo to the employee training session, the Threads support team has been wonderful to work with. They have been quick to respond to any requests and were very helpful during the implementation process with getting information entered in a tight timeframe. Our employees have only been using the system for about a month now, but we have been extremely pleased thus far. Threads provides a fresh approach to the performance review process, and we especially love the feedback feature!
ConsWe have been very happy up to this point, so I can't think of anything negative to mention.
March 30, 2018
Mike P.
Construction, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2019

“Been a great tool for my company”

OverallOverall, just nice people to work with. Not at all what you get with a standard software company.
ProsThis is review software, but it's also a way of managing too. We also use Threads as a tool for communication and documentation as well. They are always making the software better and never charge more for new features. The support is excellent as well.
ConsBeing a longer term user, I really can't say anything bad about Threads. We see good They have met, or exceeded my expectations.
April 4, 2019
Heidi P.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
May 4, 2018

“Threads Program and Service is Amazing !”

ProsIt makes sense, streamlines the review process, makes it clear for management and staff. The concept creates accurate scores of your team. AND, most important, The Threads team goes above and beyond to support you learning and implementing the program. They are All knowledgeable HR professionals with years of experience to guide you through the process as well as offer management and implementation advise. Management and Staff can add feedback on team members and themselves to keep track of their successes that can be uses at time of review. Your teams accomplishments and challenges throughout the year are at your figure tips. I can't say enough about the Threads team - they are all about enhancing the clients experience and building trusting relationships with you. THANK YOU THREADS TEAM !!
ConsThere is no self assessment piece yet - however, it is coming and the team help us implement a temporary one of their own in the meantime.
May 4, 2018
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2019

“Customer Service can't be beat!”

OverallWe are working to streamline our performance evaluations. Threads has not only allowed us to more consistently evaluate our team members but they have created a tool that allows us to incorporate our company's values into these evaluations which helps to reinforce what we are working to accomplish as a firm. Haven't found this tool elsewhere
ProsNot only is the software an incredible tool for performance evaluation, but whenever our team experience technical difficulties, the Threads team was immediately responsive and worked with us to get things up and running. Not only is the product superior, the customer service is unbeatable.
ConsWe continuously work to keep up with updates
May 3, 2019
Angie R.
Administrator
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2018

“This is the best review system that I have seen that takes into account the employees work performance and also how they work within the culture of the organization. ”

ProsThis system has been great for staff to give feedback on their co-workers in a positive and constructive way. I am thankful that the new feature gives the employee the option to make their comment visible to another co-worker. Our staff also uses the self-feedback as a journal of what they have been doing and is helpful to their supervisors to have this record.
ConsWhen we first started Threads we were hoping that the employees would be able to see the comments and that is now a feature. With it being our first year of having Threads we have not had any problems or concerns as of now.
May 14, 2018
Accounting, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Threads Culture saved us”

OverallThis software has been great for me and helped to facilitate difficult performance conversations and a more transparent review process.
ProsThreads has a seamless user interface that allows for real time feedback between managers and employees instead of the formal annual review cycle meetings
ConsThe tool requires buy in from managers in order to receive the full benefit. Using the training offered by Threads is a great way to ensure this.
Rosmarie W.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2018

“New To Threads, Positive Experience, Customized Program Designed To Fit Our Culture ”

ProsEasy to use, knowledgeable and prompt support from Threads team; and having recorded training sessions for reference and to introduce new team members to the program is beneficial. Having a values score and a results score was new to us as we only had one score in the past and we now see how having the two scores gives a clearer evaluation of an employee's strengths and challenges. Feedback from our team after their review was that this process was positive and less stressful and seeing their scores and quadrant placement in the beginning kept them focused on the review and not in anticipation of their score.
ConsThe definition of each value is not visible in the Values Score on the review and we had to go back into Company Documents for the explanation of each value. Self assessment feature not available, however, the Threads team assisted us in putting together a word document to use.
June 5, 2018
Ron W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
September 9, 2015

“Our experience with Threads”

ProsThreads is exceptionally user-friendly as a starter. Far more impressive, however, is the fundamental philosophy of the Threads performance review process. It is predicated on simplicity and gets to the heart of what you must evaluate - support to the company culture and business results. It is to the point and eliminates complexity. There is ample room to expand in comments sections, but there is no need to dig deeper and waste unnecessary process time.
ConsNot all aspects of implementation and administration are documented... FACs will help and perhaps video tutorials. I also look forward to a polling capability, where employees can evaluate the organization, and ultimately their Supervisor.
Recommendations to other buyersChallenge yourself to confirm what you really need, not what hits all of the process must-haves that you may have encountered in a large company environment. The flexibility of this tool makes life a lot less complex. A Threads review is a motivating event and leaves people feeling good, with a clear understanding of strengths and areas of improvement.
September 9, 2015
Dell R.
Employee Relations Mgr
Oil & Energy, Unspecified
April 15, 2015

“Threads is the best Culture / Performance Review software!”

ProsIt's the only product I found in all my research that measures our company culture with the actual performance of the team member. The folks at Threads are the most helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable people I have ever dealt with. I have always found them to be available to help me with an issue and solve it quickly.
ConsThe org chart, at this point in time, does not allow our supervisors to both be over a group of employees.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your research and demo every product. I did my research and narrowed it down to 5 companies. I demo the product from each company and talked to them at length before I made a decision.
April 15, 2015
Stephanie A.
Loan Clerk
May 7, 2018

“Amazing solution to ease employee review process!”

OverallThis is the best review type program I have experienced between the many work places I have been at. I think it is great that it sets a measurable standard, but at the same time takes into account how well you work with your colleagues as well. Teamwork is very important in most work place environments. If you are not working well with your colleagues the customers will know and it will impact the business as a whole. They've done a wonderful of combining everything together to ease the employee review process.
ProsI love the new feature of being able to make colleague comments viewable to that colleague. I also love that the only individuals who are able to see feedback are the direct supervisors and their supervisors as well as HR.
ConsI haven't been using it long so I'm don't really have any cons yet. I only hope that this product be used for what it is intended instead of colleagues not holding other colleagues accountable.
Kyle P.
owner/manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“Overall very good experience”

OverallSolid first HR review software for my small business
ProsEasy to use for reviews and interface EXCELLENT customer service. Easy to update employees with info
ConsLimited options for different review types (i.e an abbreviated review as opposed to a full one) Org chart operation was cumbersome (in my opinion, but it could be my fault)
April 23, 2018
Braden P.
Director of Operations
Retail, Unspecified
January 18, 2016

“Thread Cultures is an outstanding product; a must for any business.”

ProsThreads Culture is very simple to use and has many great features. Their technical support is outstanding and has helped us evolve our employee management side of our business.
ConsNo complaints at this point in time. The product is reliable and backed by great support.
Recommendations to other buyersThis is a must for any small business. Having proper job descriptions and employee reviews is essential in developing a strong group of employees. This probably the most valuable software a company can invest in. It will easily pay for itself by improving employee retention and performance.
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
February 23, 2017

“Threads is great”

OverallWe are able to visually see the organization structure and also custom make your employee evaluations unique to your organization according to your values and culture
ProsEase of Use Price point
February 23, 2017
Tiffany A.

“Great Tool”

ProsThis software allows to give and receive feedback instantly. It also sparks conversations amongst employees that might not have otherwise occurred. The system also allows for tracking throughout the year so that year end reviews are more streamlined for the managers, and they are able to capture a whole years worth of info/feedback versus what they can recall the last 30 days. Great culture building tool!
ConsAs we got set up here at the bank, the feedback was inputted, but only now are the people able to see the feedback as it's submitted. I am guessing it was a matter of us getting used to the program and going live. I have gone back and shared the info that I submitted the last few months with those individuals.
Carrie D.
Executive Director of Human Resources
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
January 19, 2018

“Threads Review”

ProsEasy to use Strong customer service & Implementation Price point is very good Review is based off of performance and values Job Descriptions are formatted nicely and includes values I like how there are interview questions set up based off of our values
ConsAt some point I would like for it to connect with our HRIS, so I don't have to manually add new hires and remove former employees
January 19, 2018
Kimberly M.
Computer Software, Unspecified
February 4, 2015

“Great Software! Management really likes the software.”

ProsThe software fits the way we handle performance reviews. The software is very easy to use. It has an organizational chart in the software.
ConsWish we could track pay raises, promotions, etc. Wish there was a way to add documents to an employee that can be seen only by management and then have documents that the employee can see. Wish you could have a scale of 1 -5 instead of 1-10.
Recommendations to other buyersThis software is different in its approach to performance reviews. We looked at other software, but they weren't quite what we needed. We use the Core Values and Performance Metrics together. Other software systems are still on Performance Metrics only.
February 4, 2015
September 18, 2014

“Overcoming By Faith Ministries Review of Threads Culture”

ProsThey were willing to work with our organization and give a demo trial before we actually did the trial to see if Threads is a company we would like to work with. They also provide an ever changing or evolving system with upgrades and this program can be tailored to your organization or company. They were willing to do as many demos needed to help you understand their product.
ConsSo far, the only thing lacking for us is attendance tracking, but that is a feature they are working on adding.
Recommendations to other buyersNone. It's very user-friendly and has some of the best functionality I've seen in a long time.
September 18, 2014
Maggie L.
Pharmacist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 28, 2019

“Great tool for employee reviews”

ProsThreads is a great tool to help facilitate communication between management and staff. Documentation is key in healthcare and Threads has helped track performance over the year, rather than just a snapshot in time like the yearly reviews used to seem to reflect.
ConsThere is not much to dislike about Threads. As a smaller company, it is easy to reach a live person to troubleshoot problems. The Threads team is very responsive.
Kelly B.
Universal Banker
May 8, 2018

“Depends on the user!”

ProsI enjoy being able to help review your coworkers, and to give them praises that their supervisor may not always hear about. It's also nice with the new update to allow the employee you are giving feedback about to see it also. It takes a team effort to make a program like this work, everyone has to be willing to participate.
ConsI'm not entirely sure anyone is willing to put any negative feedback/suggestions on it as they may want to avoid conflict. Some people may also just want to give feedback face-to-face and don't like to have to log everything, so it's a team effort & if everyone isn't on board, it won't be as effective.
May 8, 2018
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Software is User-Friendly and Provides Excellent Analysis”

ProsThe software is perfectly designed to promote employee engagement and culture. Both core values and KPIs are incorporated and allow for an easy analysis of employees.
ConsThere have been no issues using the software and it is very user-friendly.
May 7, 2019
Shelley E.
Teller/Bookkeeper
Banking, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2018

“Easily accessible. ”

ProsBeing able to show my feedback to both the person I'm giving feedback to/on and their immediate supervisor.
ConsFor some of us it's hard to give yourself feedback, be it negative or positive feedback. But it's nice when you can give yourself a pat on the back.
June 14, 2018
Carly Z.
Human Resource Manager
51-200 employees
May 2, 2017

“Simple and functional”

ProsEase of use, good initial training on the use of, no additional stuff that we did not need. I really like the org chart functionality.
ConsNot sure yet, I will need to use it more to evaluate any cons.
May 2, 2017
Matt W.
HR Director
3.5/5
March 13, 2015

“Threads is okay”

ProsEasy to use, very easy to set up. Great customer service.
ConsSome of the updating features after editing don't edit right away. You have to sign out and sign back in. I also wish there was an undo button or feature.
Recommendations to other buyersAdding a feature where you can track attendance and import various job descriptions from multiple jobs to one specific job.
March 13, 2015
Drew S.
CIO
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Great concept and tool”

ProsThe ability to update feedback regularly, quick reference to org chart. A central repository for reviews is great.
ConsUnderstanding some of the process and setting up the profiles/job descriptions was a little cumbersome.
April 19, 2019
Taylor R.
Bookkeeper
May 10, 2018

“Threads Review”

OverallI like the program, I just have to remember to put feedback on there!
ProsI like the new feature that makes feedback visible to others. It is nice to receive/give feedback through out the year and not just at review time so situations can be addressed right away. The few times that I contacted their customer service, it has been extremely helpful! It was quick and accurate service. They are all very knowledge on their service.
ConsEven though they are suppose to tell you in person, I don't like that we cant always see the feedback that is given about us.
May 10, 2018
Donna M.
Vice President/ Operations Manager
May 9, 2018

“Threads bringing job skills and culture together.”

ProsI really like how Threads looks at the entire picture of an employee, not only their job skill but what they bring to the culture of our business. It makes it easy for a supervisor to see an employee from coworker that see more on a daily bases. The Threads team was helpful in giving suggestions, made set up easy and came to do training for our employees (We've been using Threads for four months).
ConsI have not seen anything that I have had issues with or don't like. Another con is that we had not discovered Threads sooner!
May 9, 2018
Jacque E.

“Good.”

OverallI've only used Threads; so, I'm not familiar with the competition and what they have to offer.
ProsI like I can add the visible feature to when you leave a comment. Its nice to hear comments continually throughout the year and not just at review time. Especially when a person might forget the situation a year from now.
ConsThis is my first year of using Threads and haven't completed a review. As of right now, I don't have a bad thing to say about Threads. I feel like once I complete my first review, I might be more knowledgeable.
Kari T.
General Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2017

“The representatives at Threads were extremely helpful and the software is great.”

OverallOverall, it's going to do exactly what I've been struggling to do on my own for years.
ProsThe representatives are very knowledgeable and a big help with set up. The software is exactly what I was looking for to manage Employee Performance. The unique way of measuring employee performance and tracking throughout the year goes beyond my expectations.
ConsThe set up process for each job is tedious. While I understand why it has to be this way and I love the results, it's extremely time consuming to personalize the components of each one.
October 10, 2017
Stephen C.
Retail, Unspecified
January 18, 2016

“Amazing Concept and Software Implementation ”

ProsThis software is not just a standard "employee review software" it goes beyond this concept and incorporates Mission and Values into reviewing employees. Every company has mission and values even if you dont have them written down "yet". This helps make sure all your employees are on "the same page" with the mission and values
ConsI have not had any bad experiences to write about.
Recommendations to other buyersI looked at many different types of employee review software. Having a chart where you can view all your employees in terms of not only job performance but also values is the best part of this software.
Katie B.
Universal Banker

“Threads Culture_ review”

OverallI think this is a great concept and that the overall view of how to rate a person on their review is a genius idea verse how it was previously.
ProsOpportunity to show or not to show the receiving person their feedback, easy to use, and efficient. I think this is a great product.
ConsAs a receiver I would say that I would like to always see my response and feedback in order to fix the issues listed immediately. That is just a personal preference and not a deciding factor on how I view this option.
Jolene H.
Sr Vice President
May 7, 2018

“An easy way to keep track of employee comments, whether good or bad!”

OverallWe have not had anything like this in our company, and love that we now have that option. Before we would just have to make a note and try to remember at review time.
ProsI can copy and paste comments when I want to say the same thing about several employees. I love the new feature that they can see the comment if I want them to.
ConsTrying to remember to do it!! Would like to have some employees comments seen by others rather than just their supervisor.
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2018

“The Best Employee Performance Evaluation System”

Pros Is cost-effective, fully customizable to match your values as an employer with your employees goals.
March 19, 2018
Hannah L.
Project Coordinator
11-50 employees
June 6, 2017

“A Great Fit”

OverallSo glad we went with Threads!
ProsIncredible customer service, we dealt directly with the CEO and he was so helpful. The idea of focusing on core values and our culture really suits our company as a start-up with about 45 employees.
ConsIt can be tricky to convince people to use the feedback feature and leave comments on their coworkers, but that is nothing on Threads Culture, it's just something that we have to work on.
June 6, 2017
Vera B.
December 30, 2014

“Threads - efficient productivity!”

ProsThreads allows us to promote our mission and focus on employees strengths to evaluate performance!
ConsI'm satisfied. Nothing has emerged that we don't like. We have not needed much support.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it! It's great! We were slow to implement. It is worth the up front effort. Get started with it as soon as you purchase it.
December 30, 2014
Jill S.
Founder/HR Practitioner
Management Consulting, Self-employed
April 28, 2017

“Meaningful, relevant, user-friendly assessment process.”

ProsThis survey process understands the relevancy of company values. The evaluation-blend of performance results and cultural fit/effectiveness is the prime feature of this survey tool.
ConsFor new companies that do not have existing job descriptions, it's essential to generate the JDs prior to getting too engaged in the evaluation process. Participants (managers and leaders) leaders must ensure the accuracy of the job description.
April 28, 2017
Scott M.
VP Ag/Commercial Lender

“Simple, yet powerful”

ProsShows a snapshot of how an individual is rating based on specific information from performance reviews. Individualized to your specific job title and description to know what your expectations will be.
ConsHave not run across anything yet, but I am sure that there will be sometime soon. And will update according.