PeopleG2 Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.6/5

About PeopleG2

Web-based solution for employee background checks to ensure the best quality and best fit in the hiring process. Learn more about PeopleG2

Stoya c.
Yoga Instructor
Retail, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 29, 2018

“Amazing great work!”

Overallamazing software that i really want to promote too!please keep up the good work thanx https://okul.us
Prosworking best in some features like https://okul.us
Consits fast and reliable,and i love the feature of it
August 29, 2018
Charlotte G.
Onboarding Lead
Staffing and Recruiting, 10,001+ employees
January 27, 2020

“Honestly wish I had found them sooner”

OverallLove!
ProsI have been in staffing for 7 years now and moved to a new division that uses People G2 as our background screening vendor. I wish I had found them sooner!! On average our background checks return in 24 hours and they are less costly than other vendors. I have used Orange Tree, Orsus, Sterling, and First Advantage and will advocate to switch vendors to People G2 if I move units again. The speed and customer service can't be beat especially in a tight labor market where we need to move applicants quickly. You can also house (pre)adverse letters or other customized templates right on the database and easily do a mass screening request. The chat function on their website is really slick too - we always get a response to questions within an hour (usually 30 minutes or so).
ConsBackgrounds that return with a 'record listed' are supposed to be indicated by the orange magnifying glass. We have had several background screens return with no magnifying glass and charges/record listed. I have my team open every background check and review regardless of the indicators listed. The format of the screenings from other vendors are organized so that you can more quickly see charges - we use Ctrl+'F' and search the words 'charge' then 'record' to see if anything is listed to help zero in on what we are looking for. Cost/Speed/Customer service vastly outweigh the cons which aren't that bad in my opinion.
January 27, 2020
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
October 16, 2017

“Easy to use. ”

OverallAllows us to screen applicants in a quick, easy manner. Definitely helps with decision making.
ProsThe software program is easy to use. Very self explanatory. We set up multiple types of reports based on different job descriptions so we just have to make the selection from the drop down menu. The initial results come back quite quickly. The reports are easy to read.
ConsThe system always auto populates "recommended" add on services. If you don't know to remove it, you will be charged for the added service. I would prefer to have a separate "warning" message that I am adding a service and will be charged accordingly versus accidentally moving forward and paying for services I didn't want because I was in a hurry. You just need to read everything before you "order" the report.
October 16, 2017
Samantha J.
Onboarding Specialist
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2020

“Good Product”

OverallOverall, I've had a positive experience with People G2. Generally we don't need to reach out to support often.
ProsMost background checks come back very quick and are generally pretty detailed making it easier to make hiring decisions.
ConsThe support team takes a while to respond back to the support chat. This is the main area I would recommend trying to fix.
February 6, 2020
Anna H.
Senior Onboarding Specialist
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2020

“Background Check Provider”

OverallI wish that People G2 was a little more accurate, it would be helpful for me to have a little more trust in the online service.
ProsI like that the background check's come back in a fast timely manner and I can communicate with the customer service team when needed.
ConsSometimes the charges are not listed clearly or accurately leaving us wondering about details. Or sometimes charges are missed that an applicant mentions to me.
February 5, 2020
Entertainment, 10,001+ employees
October 27, 2018

“Background Check for Applicants is a Must”

ProsOur HR department uses PeopleG2 to do a thorough background check on our applicants and I'm pretty amazed by all the data this software gathered. Some of the data they included were information that some applicants failed to disclose. This made it simpler for us to choose who to hire.
ConsMy biggest pet peeve is the advertisements and this application keeps sending me to add their features which I don't particularly need. I had to keep closing the window each time.
October 27, 2018
Arnold R.
October 27, 2015

“Easy to use!”

OverallThe PeopleG2 system provides an easy to use client portal, making for a great client experience! Everything is updated real time, orders are easy to track and reports are easy to access. If there is ever a problem, their online chat system/ticketing system is available during normal business hours and response times are almost immediate. Their customer service department is always very helpful, and helps their clients know that they come first! I would recommend PeopleG2 to anyone.

By PeopleG2 on October 27, 2015
Thank you for your review! It's great to know you are having a great experience.
October 27, 2015
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
April 29, 2019

“Employment Screening Simplified”

ProsThe thing I love most about PG2 is that it I can totally customize the information I receive. New hires are able to fill out less paperwork because PeopleG2 takes care of most of that - I can even have I-9's done via web which saves a ton of wasted paper!
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this product. It's easy to use, customer service is fantastic and the pricing structure is reasonable.
April 29, 2019