Hightail Ratings

Overall

About Hightail

Hightail is built for team collaboration on creative content with features that allow you to send large files, preview content (such as PDFs, videos and images), collect precise feedback, assign tasks, monitor activity with team dashboards, control versions and route approvals. Hightail helps teams to reduce the amount of time it takes to review work, keeping projects on track, and is easy for any team member to use, whether inside or outside your organization, while keeping content secure. Learn more about Hightail

Marianne L.
Chief Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist
Design, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Hightail - a business tool I can't live without.”

OverallI think I said this above having all my work in one place is huge for me. I can be tracking 2,3,4,...7 jobs at a time so I need a solution that helps me to keep it all straight and streamline the process. I get this with Hightail. Add in the fact that I can customize each space and there is the opportunity for collaboration right there in the space that's a time saver that I can't say enough about. When approvals need to happen asap this allows me to get the content there as quickly as possible and approved so we can move ahead. Hightail is one of those business tools I can't live without.
ProsI love the ease of use for me. I'm a freelance Creative Director so it lets me customize content for my different clients per space while keeping in all in one accessible location for me. This helps me to streamline my process so it allows me to jump from job to job effortlessly. Also this allows me to share large files for immediate response and has the capabilities for there to be dialogue right there on the site again keeping all the content bundled in one easily accessible place.
ConsI have had issues with clients not understanding what they are supposed to do with the invite or link. Also I've heard they are asked to download the software if this is their first visit and from one person I was told he ended up with a reoccurring charge after viewing the link. As I'm not personally encountering these issues but I've also been using Hightail for years I'm concerned about this client side of the equation. I'm mostly hearing this from non-tech savvy clients but they are clients that need to be managed is there a way to make this even simpler for them?
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
January 31, 2019

“Modern Review & Approval, Finally!”

Overall1. Speed to Market - the ability to provide feedback and reviews within the Hightail platform, without downloading content brings final versions to frontline teams sooner and with greater quality than old review methods. 2. Ease of Use - from individual contributors, to SMEs, managers, directors and above, adoption has been easy, even when reviewers were not tech savvy, so approval requests don't "bottleneck" when using the Hightail platform. 3. Accountability - tracking and managing comments and feedback in one secure location eliminates assumptions about design choices, and provides clear ownership between requestor and design team member. 4. Vendor Management - centralized, secure, controlled access between T-Mobile and vendors of creative content in collaboration with design teams makes managing vendor performance faster, easier, and more transparent. 5. Security and Speed - ensuring content review takes place in a shared, secure, and trackable space eliminates churn and delay caused by feedback being provided as attached docs or large files sent through various other means. 6. Error Reduction - secure and centralized spaces for feedback, reviews, and approvals in Hightail stops a patchwork of tools currently in use from causing errors related to file access and/or incorrect version management or tracking. 7. Increased Efficiency - removing several tools from the review and approval process with the use of Hightail reduces the number of actions required of design teams,
ProsA mobile-ready solution that makes it easy for peers, partners, stakeholders, and vendors to see work product all in one place. This centralized approach ensures everyone is offering feedback on the correct version of an asset, and seeing peers comments, which reduces redundancy, making the process faster. Assigning feedback to team members as an action item is great, and ensures people can work focus on what matters, in a prioritized manner. Approval flows, both linear and non-linear make it easy to get the feedback needed in a timely manner.
ConsAdding new team members to a space, based on the formatting of the introductory email is NOT ideal. The level of confusion for new users on 'where to start' or 'how to login' required additional emails and communication to ensure a smooth onboarding process. This level of effort wasn't extreme, but is the opposite of easy and has lead to some initial perception hurdles based caused by the way people feel about the solution, based on the poorly formatted and confusing 'welcome' email.
Sami K.
Senior Architect/Project Manager
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

“Customer since 2008”

OverallI have been using this tool for 10 years, and have been an early subscriber since the days of yousendit It has changed branding a couple of times but it got better overtime. It is not the only cloud service I use, as I have Dropbox, Skydrive, Box and iCloud accounts. However, the main reason I stick with Hightail is the ability to control access to the files very easily and selectively. In other words, the most critical tool for me is the Express App. Then comes the folder sync, and lastly comes hightail spaces. I know hightail is focusing on boosting hightail spaces and stopped improvements to folders, express and desktop sync, but it would be a mistake to think Hightail Spaces is the reason to stick with this app. As for pricing, I have been grandfathered in an old account on auto renew, so I do not think I would buy Hightail st the current pricing given the competition with the other cloud apps and services.
ProsUnlimited Storage 25 GB file transfer Password protection Delivery receipts View activity Collaboration with others Set expiry date. Sync folders to desktop Express app Hightail Spaces Perfect tool for desktop collaboration.
ConsNot intuitive on mobile devices. The tracking app on iPhone and iPad cannot be used to forward files sent earlier from Tracker app, where it used to be possible to do so in yousendit app (the prior brand/software) but hightail rewrote the API and disabled that functionality. While perfect on desktop, on mobile browsers the site does not format correctly within the window and text stays outside viewing area.
Steven S.
Educational Television Producers
Media Production, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Hightail helps with transcontinental video documentary projects”

OverallExcellent, Hightail's an incredibly useful and wonderful video production convenience. I live in west Michigan and I've been privileged to film many concerts in San Jose, California during the past decade. The conductors I work with like to be able to review the editing of their concert videos. The availability of Hightail has proven to be an exceptionally fast and economical way to do that. In the past I'd edit a concert video here in west Michigan and would then send a preview DVD, a very time consuming & slow process. With Hightail I can quickly and efficiently send the conductors an edit of their concert, in standard definition video format, which they can preview and review online wherever they might be. Then conventional DVDs are made. The development of Hightail's become a tremendous & practical utility for transcontinental video production efforts, imho :)
ProsConvenience, ease of use, control of content distribution, statistical information about numbers of views and/or downloads.
ConsOn one recent occasion a choral concert music video file was uploaded and recipients found the audio and video were not in sync while using the "view" feature on Hightail. The video file could be downloaded successfully with the audio & video in sync. It was only while using the "view" feature that the audio and video were not in sync. The "sync" issue could have been due to the encoding by the server at Hightail or more likely is a problem that happens with uploading a video file in the Apple H.264 codec. Video files encoded by Apple Final Cut using the "Pro Res" codecs have not had audio-video synchronization problems. So we may have found one area where the Hightail file sharing software might need revision to handle H.264.
Michael M.
musician
July 8, 2019

“SO Much Easier than Dropbox”

OverallI send and receive audio files all the time and there is never a problem.
ProsIts ease of use. Whether sending or receiving audio files there's never a problem.
ConsWell, it would be nice if it were free....
An W.
Media Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
July 8, 2019

“Reliable Media Sharing Platrom.”

OverallWith hightail, we are using their service as a way to effectively deliver large media files to clients. Spaces are used for when we hire contractors, especially for overseas productions shoots. They are able to drop videos in to share with us. Overall our experience with HIghtail has been great!
ProsWe worked with Hightail when they were known as YouSendIt and stuck with them after they rebranded. Their uploading services have always been reliable, and their constant updates and new features have kept our creative studios' workflow current and created more efficiencies. (spaces, video commenting/feedback) The receipt that is sent to our main inbox everytime we send a file is also great in that we are able to track projects and give us the piece of mind that the file actually sent. The expiration option ensures that we don't overload our spaces.
ConsViewing videos using mobile via their app is not the greatest experience and could be better optimized. No true full screen and slightly clunky, but nothing that can't be easily worked around.
Trisha K.
Teacher of the Wisdom
E-Learning, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Stepping Up Provide for Customer Needs”

OverallI am teaching classes to students all around the world with Hightail, without ever leaving my desk. No TSA. No hotels. No airport delays. Just high efficiency and productivity.
ProsWhen I need to be able to deliver a large file, whether graphic or media, HighTail delivers. Fast. Efficient. Handled. Period.
ConsWhen I need to deliver a file to multiple clients, I cannot create a group. I must type in every last email every single time. I have better things to do with my time. There used to be a group option, just like there used to be folder options. I have called. I have written. I have been told "sorry, we can't do that" and "sorry, we don't offer that." Those are not the answers I want. As my clientele grows, Hightail is holding me back. These are simple requests. Either Hightail will prioritize them, or I will be forced to find someone who will. Hope you're listening this time
Craig B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 8, 2019

“Couldn't work globally without Hightail”

OverallI produce research-based thought leadership and content (NOT fake news...but content based on actual data from surveys or interviews with experts of groups of experts). Hightail provides an easy mechanism for me to store, distribute, share and catalog my material at all stages of the production journey. I can also get hold of files instantly in a client meeting, or at an aiport or hotel whilst travelling. I find it extremely helpful in maintaining productivity
ProsHightail makes it very easy for me to share and send very large files containing high quality graphics, video clips and text to my clients and associates around the world...and getting feedback and updates back quickly as well.
ConsThere are a lot of features and functions I haven't explored yet - so it's too early to criticise
Ric W.
Printing, 11-50 employees

“USER FRIENDLY”

OverallWith Hightail, I do not need to maintain a ftp site. Hightail is my ftp site.
ProsI enjoy using the Hightail platform to send large files to clients and for clients to send large files to my firm. Art files for printing can be extremely large in size making email incompatible for sending. I can upload to Hightail and send in very short time to a client and they will get an email with a link to download. One of the benefits is the client can just download with out having to populate a form with all sorts of personal information. Additionally when I send a file I can immediately get a copy of the download link and email that to others or to the recipient explaining what has been uploaded. Another benefit is that I can email my client a link to upload files to me taking the place of having to maintain my own ftp site. The Hightail platform is USER FRIENDLY for both my staff and my clients staff. I have been using it for years and still see it as a WIN-WIN software program.
ConsSo far there is nothing that i have encountered that I do not like or interferes with my use.
Robin I.
Graphic Design, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“I couldn't work without Hightail.”

OverallI have been very happy with Hightail and have used it for years. I also included the Uplink on my website so clients can upload large files to me.
ProsHightail is very easy to use and the recipient doesn't need to have permission or the software or anything else to get my files. It is also very easy for them to forward the email to someone else. This is very helpful when I send large files to my client for printing. They can just forward the email on to their printer.
ConsThere are occasional problem when clients upload files to Hightail - Uplink. I've had several clients complain that they aren't able to upload more than 7-8 jpgs at a time. It is very frustrating and they usually give up and use Google or Dropbox.
Adele H.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Service”

OverallI am very happy with it and I have been using it for many years.
ProsI run a transcription agency and my customers find it very easy to use my uplink, they like that it is a secure service. I like it because lately it has been a very stable platform to use in sending audio files to my colleagues. I also like that it that it shows a record of files having been sent and confirmation of receipt of files.
ConsI dislike the black background of the website, it is not easy to see, especially on my monitor. It is also a bit muddled. It is difficult to do a search on files having been sent without scrolling down the page. They also used to send out alerts if they had a problem but this has now stopped.
Cheryl S.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“Hightail is superior”

Overallgreat
ProsI can send large quantities of documents to my client and they do NOT have to sign up for a paid subscription. Super easy to use. I can also send my clients my link where they can easily upload to my account. I also love the easy of use seeing the history and being able to forward previously uploaded files to another person. I have tried dropbox (do not like much) and box (same...do not like much) and find hightail far superior.
ConsRecently, I have heard feedback from first time hightail users that are my clients that when I send them a link, they are confused with the popups that make it seem like they have to set up an account. I have not verified this but if this is true, then that is definitely a minus.
Macylyna N.
Chief communications Officer
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“My Review on Hightail”

OverallThis software has allowed us to securely send large emails.It is easy to use and has a nice user friendly interface.
ProsOne thing that excites me the most about hightail is the security feature it has. With the tool one can protect the file from unwanted third party by having document password that are only accessible by the intended recipient. With the tool one is also able to track email from who, where and when the email was downloaded. Another thing that excites me is the ability to share large files. This is one of the key thing that made us purchase this tool. With it you are able to compress large document and send them easily. The other parties in the receiving end are also able to download it easily and fast.
ConsI hate that the links shared expires very quickly. The support team is also not interactive.
April 30, 2019
Chris C.
Founder/Re-Recording Mixer
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
January 29, 2019

“The Best Non-High End Transfer Service”

OverallI transfer a lot of data per month, and need that data to be very secure. I can't justify the cost of something like Aspera in my small business, and after trying many other transfer services during a time when Hightail was going through some major growing pains realized that this is the best transfer service for what I'm trying to accomplish. There are still things that could be improved, but overall it's an excellent product and one I have recommended to clients many times over the nearly 9 years I've used the service.
ProsI like that you can easily track files and that it tells you how long it's going to take for the upload to complete.
ConsI cannot stand that you are not able to create paragraphs in messages that go along with what you're sending. I also slightly prefer the functionality of the old Hightail Express app to the Hightail Spaces app. Another bummer is that when someone comments on a video for feedback (when there are multiple video files in an upload) that you do not keep them all together. It sends a separate email for each one and is enormously time consuming to sift through volume projects if feedback is used in the app.
Monnica S.
Self employed/Minister
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
January 29, 2019

“The best investment I've made!”

OverallI am loyal to Hightail which says a lot. When I joined it was called You Send it and then Hightail and I guess there is a new name now. I will always call it Hightail. Its outstanding service. Thank you.
ProsI love Hightail and have been a customer for a few years. The monthly rate is great and I hope and pray that you don't raise your prices. I have NO complaints. It's easy and its fast. Thank you Hightail!
ConsOh only one time the file I sent didn't make it to the recipient. Another time the desktop app didn't work. I got an error message and had to start over typing in the directions inside the text window. I called and I was helped by fantastic customer support and or tech support. Thank you.
August 3, 2017

“Narrowing of Features and Declining Value”

ProsYou can set up a linked folder on your machine that syncs with Hightail. Back in the day (prior to August, 2017) this formed an ideal platform for disseminating content as you could grab download links and include them in your own communications.
ConsHightail has recently adopted a typical self-focused millennial mindset of tunnel-visioned genius: focusing on an increasingly narrow range of cool stuff and killing off highly practical features without pausing to think about the spectrum of their users. If the HT people have a favorite way of working, they think that everyone works just like they do. As of the most recent downgrade, it is no longer possible to copy download links for files. If you need to send a business email with multiple download links and other content, you're now out of luck, as the only option is to use Hightail's interface to send an email with one (concealed) link. My needs include the ability to send multiple download links to my dealers and prospective dealers - everything from canned social media content to a range of literature and photos. If, for example, a dealer is setting up a website and needs logos, product shots and text files, I can no longer just send out an email with the links to the files on Hightail. Overnight they have unthinkingly destroyed my once routine means of distributing a huge amount of content to our dealers and prospects across the U.S. In a single, narrow-mined stroke, the value of Hightail to my company has vanished overnight. This was a totally brainless move. I suggest that people look for a better solution.
August 3, 2017
Rachel S.
Business Owner- Therapist
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“Hightail has been supporting my business for years”

OverallIt solves the problem of sending large audio files to clients, I love it. So simple and easy and no storage my end.
ProsI love that I can send client audio files ( Readings and recordings of Private Consults) effortlessly via Hightail. It sends me a link that I can send on to clients and use for group recordings multiple times. I love it is so fast and that there is no expiry date.
ConsIt's getting easier for clients to figure out how to download it, some are a bit wary of the technology and I have to repeatedly tell people how to get their file, it maybe could do with clearer instructions for the receiver to download or listen.
Jan K.
cameraman/editor
Telecommunications, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“The most reliable tool.”

OverallAs a videographer/editor Hightail has been my primary, and most reliable tool for sending video to customers around the world. I have used the product since it was known as YouSendIt, and it has always worked. Hightail has improved over time. Recently on a filming assignment to Eastern Syria, Hightail proved to be the best. The correspondent used another service, which failed to go through for sending the edited reports. I told him: Let me try it with Hightail, and it uploaded quickly and efficiently.
ProsHightail has proven to be the most reliable tool for transferring video material around the world.
ConsA minor complaint was that sometimes it was difficult to change pages within Hightail, but this was improved.
October 23, 2017

“Hightail has botched Spaces rollout and customer support is weak”

ConsFrom my latest support ticket with Hightail: I am sad to report that uninstalling and reinstalling Hightail did not change the circumstances. I was not able to find the Hightail Desktop App for download. All I found was Hightail Express. If that is not the correct file, please tell me when I can find the link to download the app Hightail is recommending. My desktop Hightail folders are still incomplete and missing files. In addition, when I try to download multiple items from Hightail, I usually get one of two errors: 1. The download aborts with the following error code: {"code":500,"message":"There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID db8396e73d0bacc3)."} 2. The download completes and reports that nn files have been downloaded, but when I extract the zip file, only 1 or 2 files appear, not the full set of files selected for download. All the other problems remain. Hightail continues to make dozens of copies of individual files. Deleting duplicates on both Hightail and the desktop does not change this behavior. This is very frustrating, and it is keeping me from working efficiently. It is consuming my high-speed bandwidth allocation from my ISP, which then reduces my internet access from 4G to 3G speeds, further slowing down my work. The lack of phone support, the lack of a remote session to review the state of my machine, and the ineffectiveness of Hightail's responses to date are quite disappointing. At this time I am getting little to no value from Hightail.
October 23, 2017
Rita E.
Accounting, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“Hightail Spaces are lost in space”

OverallI really liked Hightail before they started messing with a great product that included an Outlook add on tool. So easy to securely share files. Now file sharing requires logging into hightail. My customers complained that they were prompted to set up a Hightail account before they could access shared files.
ProsHightail has a very user friendly uplink portal. And it is very reasonably priced software for a small business.
ConsStarted with "yousendit" originally and then the file sharing company reinvented itself with a name change that had no identification related to file sharing. Also, Hightail had a great Outlook add on tool that they abandoned out of the blue.
July 17, 2019
Frederick P.
Owner/PaulyGirl Fastpitch
Sports, Self-employed
January 29, 2019

“Semi-Tech Challenged Retired Guy”

OverallI can sell my products electronically/digitally. I no longer need to create DVD's and physically mail them. It really saves time and expense.
ProsI use it for a hobby business I have. I send training videos to customers using Hightail. The upload and sending speed is great. I can fulfill several orders while I am sitting drinking my morning coffee.....it is just to easy.
ConsI would love it if this software allowed me to send but not give the customer the ability to download/save/share.....but rather had the ability to allow someone access to view for a set amount of time.
Javier O.
Music, Self-employed
July 8, 2019

“One of the best collaboration tools out there”

ProsThe concept of dedicated 'Spaces'. I work with dozens of clients and each one has their own space, with its own URL.
ConsI wish I could have folders or "sub-spaces" within a space. At the moment, I need to constantly delete old files off of each space to keep things clean when I have to upload new files. Sub-spaces would allow me to keep things organized even as I add new files.
Jason G.
Photography, 1-10 employees

“Great service”

OverallI send images daily and j have photographers who work for me send me images. But I'd my customers are not happy I'm not happy. They need to ba able to download the images quickly and easily without signing up for anything.
ProsAsa professional photographer I rely on sending images to customers your service has been great.
ConsA significant number if customers have difficulty downloading the images. They dont want to sign up for anything they just want to see their images. Sending large files is still awkward and takes a long time to download.
Tapan J.
Data Analyst
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
January 31, 2018

“HighTail - Easiest way to share large files”

ProsI love that there is no restraint on storage capacity with Hightail. I can chose file of any size and share it will any number of recipients keeping a tab on who is doing what with my file. It also allows me to share a file with someone for a specific period of time. It also offer plugins so that it can be integrated within your email service so that one can share large files directly from within an email. Another feature which sets it apart from other cloud storage providers is that it also offers digital signature capability and one can read and sign the shared documents from within Hightail. So documents never leave Hightail servers and remain secure.
ConsHightail keeps the individual files encrypted all the time through it's sophisticated encryption technology but it doesn't allow me to generate my own encryption keys which would have made me feel more in control over my data. Customer support is also very delayed and I have faced multiple instances when the service was down.
January 31, 2018
Nick O.
Broadcast Media, Self-employed
July 9, 2019

“Hightail Makes My Life Easier!”

OverallI am always sending large files to numerous clients every workday, and Hightail makes it easy to do.
ProsWith but a few (and I do mean very few) instances, Hightail has worked exceptionally well for me and my needs to transfer numerous large files frequently. Reliable, easy to use, and affordable, Hightail is my choice over all the other available services.
ConsIn the 12 plus years I have used Hightail (and it predecessor, yousendit) I really can't think of any, offhand.
Sophia S.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“Safe and Secure”

OverallSame Benefits as above, I love love love Hightail
ProsI love this software because of its ease of use and I can send confidential documents without having to worry about safety. Also, the system itself is Fast and it will store my documents without expiring. I can also send to clients and other personnel in my office who will then be able to mark up documents and leave comments. It is my Favorite Tool!!!
ConsI honestly have no negative remarks to make:)
Nikki G.
Business Owner
Design, Self-employed

“Satisfied User ”

OverallOverall easy to use, love it.
ProsI've been using this software for most of my career. Back when it was yousendit, I find it's a great way to send proofs and get a visual confirmation of receipt and that they are capable of commenting directly onto proofs
ConsThe only complaint I have is that I have a lot of contacts and I can't seem to delete or remove old addresses. That is rather frustrating, but used to it so not a deal breaker. If that was corrected that would be the best!!
casey p.
advisor
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
July 8, 2019

“Hightail has been great”

OverallThe overall experience has been great. Like I said, it has meant that we can do more work, do it more quickly. For fear of you raising your prices, I have to say that it's a real bargain.
ProsBasically, it's functionality. I advise a college radio station. With my Hightail account, I'm able to transfer files from a computer in one studio to a computer in another without the computers being networked. That makes things so much more efficient. That, plus just being able to send audio and video files quickly anywhere is just great. The lack of limits on size and frequency of use is also terrific.
ConsThere have been changes as you've gone from YouSendIt to Hightail and that meant having to figure out what I used to do so easily. With time, I've figured everything out, but it was confusing at first.
Market Research, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“Great look for client access! ”

OverallOverall Hightail has been a tremendous asset. The ability to share large files easily in a beautiful way has helped me land and serve several leading clients. I highly recommend the service!
ProsHightail is perfect if you need to share large files in a visually appealing format to valued clients. I often use Hightail during the sales and project management stages of a relationship and it is very easy for the client to collaborate and share the files internally and externally.
ConsThere are some minor glitches every few months that cause loading issues. The default format for knowledge management is not easily usable by teams.
Jerry B.
Photographer / Owner
Photography, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Best at what they do. ”

OverallI'm a professional photographer and deliver thousands of high resolution photos a month and this would not be possible without this type of quality service.
ProsHave tried other similar products but none meet the standards set by HighTail. My clients always know they will receive there files online and know they are safely stored. Have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years so I must like the company.
ConsAs a customer for over 10 years I have found no Cons.
James J.
General Manager
Printing, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Too many features”

OverallEase of use and deployment, haven't really needed support.
ProsGreat features and functionality. Easily implemented, and easy to train new staff to use the software.
ConsWe originally had YouSendIt for transferring files through our website. Would love to have a "lite" version that still offered the simplicity of this service.
September 17, 2019
Cindy B.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“Love Hightail!”

OverallOverall, I've been extremely happy with Hightail. I love that I can upload a series of videos in one place for feedback, and not have to worry about file size. It's fast and easy!
ProsI'm a video producer and love that I can upload a rough cut, share the link with clients, and solicit feedback all in one place. There are lots of great tools for leaving feedback, such as the ability to draw on the screen.
ConsClients are often confused about how to leave feedback at specific points in a video. It doesn't seem to be intuitive that they need to click on the actual screen of the video before typing in their comments. Most just click on the pause button and then type in their comments. As a result, the comments all end up at the beginning of the video, and I have no idea which specific shots they're referring to.
Mike T.
Legal Services, Self-employed

“easy to use!”

OverallThis is vitally important to my biz I use this every day sending large video files
Prosjust simple to use. You upload share the link and you're done
ConsOnly thing that would be nice if there's a way I can create a Space and have one of my subcontractors upload their video onto the space I created like you can do with Share file
Thad U.
Content & Product Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2019

“Overall great feature set, could do with some functionality tweaking”

OverallI manage the content for an educational video publisher, often delivering orders as well as managing videos to be uploaded onto the site. Hightail makes it easy to do everything I need to do in one place, as well as looking professional (more so than a wetransfer link in my opinion) when delivering orders.
Pros- The ability to send large quantities of content - The ability for people to deliver large amounts of material to me without having to create an account - The ability to collaborate with remoters on creative projects
Cons- Sometimes deliveries fail with no warning (the upload will stop at a certain 'time remaining') and I'll have to redo it. This means I have to remember exactly what was in the last batch etc. - You can't filter your received files by anything (date, user, type etc.) - You can't filter your sent items by the same. - Sometimes downloading large numbers of files at once doesn't work (maybe that's just an unzipping problem on my end?) - Sometimes people sending content via our uplink get confused and cannot access it, or try and create an account. Perhaps confusing user flow?
Christopher W.
July 8, 2019

“The Only Way To Transfer Large Files”

OverallMy clients love Hightail large file transfer, too. They appreciate the manner in which the notifications come to them, and the ease with which they can access and download the large files I send to them. They also love the simple method for sending files to me, utilizing my uplink. I appreciate the Hightail service so much!
ProsI had been using YouSendIt for years, and have stuck with the company through the re-branding to Hightail, and the acquisition by OpenText. I've tried other collaborative large file transfer services, but have always either found inadequacies of design, reliability issues, and poor support. Hightail is it for me! I will go nowhere else.
ConsAfter the most recent redesign of the website, I have had no issues, and can't list any "cons" about the Hightail service, as used by me.
Carl G.

“HIghtail”

OverallI send out radio shows and commercials to stations all over the country and very pleased with the speed they get to my clients.
ProsEasy to use for someone like me who is not great on a computer.
ConsWhen changes are made and not notified about it. Once I figure it out everything is ok.
Greg K.
January 29, 2019

“Hightail Saves the Day!”

OverallHightail is my most valued business software ever. I use it daily to send large video and art files and would be hard-pressed without it. It has saved the day on numerous occasions and just keeps getting better with added features.
ProsHightail loads my files quickly and sends them on their way without hassle. The collaborative tools are awesome.
ConsI can't think of a single thing. If I had to, to hit the minimum character count, I'd say...
Ellen S.
Programming Director
July 12, 2019

“Too Often Crashes”

OverallI send audio files to the radio station where I am programming director. I sometimes send audio files to people who request them.
ProsEasy to use in terms of general process.
ConsIt very frequently starts saving an audio file and then stalls. After a stall happens, you have to start over if it is ever going to send. Lately it has wobbled like crazy when it is sending. That is visually alarming.
July 12, 2019
Josh W.
Design, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“Not sure if this is the best solution ”

OverallHas served me decent, need something more fuel suite integration.
ProsI like that it handles large files and you can send the link off to clients.
ConsIt's limited to just doing file transfer. They tried building new features which we find completely useless. Dropbox is a far better solution esp once they get their large file transfer feature up and running soon.
Peggy F.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Hightail Review”

OverallI have been using/working with Hightail since it was YouSendIt many years ago. I have enjoyed the ability to send large files (I do graphic design & video creation) to clients. Have not had a need to contact customer support (that I can remember). Affordable tool for my business.
ProsEase of use when sending large files to clients Like the email notification when someone downloads a file Like that you can view a file before downloading Drag and drop large files to send quickly
ConsNot a fan of email component - no formatting to email Clients are sometimes confused on if they need to create a login to download files I send them Does not integrate with my Outlook email program - need to send followup email to clients to notify another email with download links will follow
Vivian R.
Design, 11-50 employees

“Hightail ”

OverallA great platform to send large files and give access to clients and other team members.
ProsThis product is very user friendly. Easy to access stored data and reference what has been processed for future reference.
ConsExpired links are not available for reference to the owner / sender causing me to keep things on the active list longer than I would like the client to have access.
Chris C.
Design, 1-10 employees

“10/10”

OverallIt is simply a lifesaving tool, in business terms and great for both internal and client collaboration I am proud to have been a user since the early days, and love customizing each portal that I create, and then providing a personalised link to both my team and clients alike
ProsI have been a user for ten years, and it is so very intuitive
ConsTrying to change my email address, as a username (not easy)
Colleen M.
Executive
Internet, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallHightail has always responded quickly when a problem arises which isn't very often.
ProsThis software is easy to use and affordable. Most people can access the files we send through Hightail without a problem.
ConsI don't like the black background with very light grey writing on the page that records what we have sent out. It makes it difficult when researching for a particular order.
Lynn M M.
Lawyer
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
January 30, 2019

“Hightail Essential for high volume documents”

OverallIn our paperless law office the required document disclosures are easily transmitted with hightail. I use it for small and large volumes of documents which gives me the tracking information the courts require.
ProsTransmission of legal documents in a secure setting is essential in my family law practice. The confidential documents required to be disclosed in my cases requires a program such as hightail.
ConsThe adverse attorneys who are less sophisticated have trouble with opening the access controlled documents. They call my team for the access. A learning curve for those attorneys I work with. Also, the time period for accessing the documents goes from 4 days to one week. There needs to be a dropdown for every day from 1 to 14.
Rex B.
Art Director
Graphic Design, Self-employed

“Art Director”

OverallAs a graphic designer focused on print media, I often send substantial files to customers and printers. Hightail isis much more accessible and instantaneous than Dropbox or other competitors. Recipients do not have to log in to a web portal to retrieve our images, saving time and frustration.
ProsEase of use, reliability, history, affordability
ConsClients are sometimes confused about how to offload files.
Ross V.
photographer
Photography, Self-employed

“Great for Photographers”

Overallive been a loyal user for years. Much better than Dropbox!
ProsMy 2GB of file transfer is just about right for me 95% of the time, when it isn't sufficient i just have to break my transmissions into 2 parts, not a big deal. & the fact that my links never expire is handy for my clients.
Consnothing to report on my end. Everything is ok & no cons...
January 16, 2019

“Customer service awful! Many user features no longer in use. Constantly in decline.”

ProsThe ability to easily and quickly send files.
Cons-Customer service and tech help is AWFUL! -Website is black with dark lettering and almost impossible to see. -Ability to stream in addition to download is intermittent. Usually it is download only for the files sent. -Ability to write a message in the message box that appears in the email sent without clicking on the link has disappeared. I have been trying to find out why and have this fixed for 2 months now, -Ability to see who has downloaded specifically has disappeared unless one has a hightail account of their own that they are logged in to. Originally if you had the pro service an email would be received by the sender for every person downloading with their email listed so the sender knew who downloaded. -Max allowable 200 a day is often rolled over to the next day not reset at midnight of the next day. I finally had a phone conversation with a human after almost 8 weeks with the same issue I've bene reporting and that human promised to get back with me by the end of his shift at 4 pm PT and it is now 25 hours later and he still has not gotten back to me.
January 16, 2019
Ryan T.
Hospitality, 201-500 employees

“Hightail all the way”

OverallA great tool for our business to share very large artwork files
ProsBest program for file sharing - easy to upload and share.
ConsAmending files in spaces - not able to amend one file
Michael A.
Music composer

“Hightail Convenience”

OverallThe fact that Hightail is website based means I can access the program easily from any of the computers I use to generate content without having to load an app on each of them.
ProsAn easy and practical way to send large video and music files.
ConsThe website interface is awkward. Especially the black background with white text that makes finding the cursor difficult. There is little grace to the overall design.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

“Sticking with it”

OverallI'm a graphic designer and it has helped facilitate getting large files to my clients.
ProsI love Hightail. It is easy to use and allows me to send large files which are very important. One of the best features, is although it is coming from Hightail, people always know it's from me and I like the flexibility of how long my files are saved. It also is incredibly easy for my staff to use, which is always a plus.
ConsWhen the platform first changed, I had a hard time figuring out how to send a file. I constantly got screens that were unfamiliar and couldn't find easily how to create a new email but it's simple and clean now. No strange screens.