Hemlane Ratings

Overall

About Hemlane

Affordable property management for long-term rentals: Hemlane is the smartest and latest technology that performs management through intelligent software and access to on ground agents. It is designed and ideal for owners with between 1 and 100 rental properties. Learn more about Hemlane

Danny G.
Real Estate, 5001-10,000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Great product for partial self-management on remote properties.”

OverallI own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida. I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service. It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.
Pros- Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal. - Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process. - Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated. - Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed. - Handles tenant emergency calls. - Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent. - The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers. - Product keeps improving.
Cons- Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on. - Doesn't have a way to group properties.

By Hemlane on May 8, 2019
Thank you, Danny, for your review! We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.
May 7, 2019
Ini U.
Principal UX Designer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 1, 2017

“ I could not have kept costs down and realized additional revenue without Hemlane!”

ProsI've owned an investment property for a number of years but I recently sold it to get into a better market closer to my home. I decided to manage the property myself. There were a few tips I picked up over the years from PM companies, but it's nothing like managing it yourself. The support staff did a one-time introductory tour of the product and I was off and running. The product is amazing! I was able to create the listing easily and seamlessly. With an intuitive UI I was able to filter and managed interested candidates. Hemlane also set up the showing information, which was incredibly helpful. I don't want to understate this feature. Our property was incredibly popular and there is no way we could have handled this process if it was not for Hemlane.   Once candidates uploaded their information, we submitted it for credit checks and received the report back in 24 hours. Crafting the lease agreement was seamless as well. They easily signed it and now all the lease documents are in a central location that is easily accessible with the click of a button.  The ongoing management is automated. Tenants pay through the system and if a tenant is late, Hemlane sends automated reminders. Also tenants can communicate with you through the system, which keeps your relationships professional with high tough service. I could not have kept costs down and realized additional cash without Hemlane!
December 1, 2017
Julian S.
Partner
January 24, 2017

“The Best Property Management Software For Real-Estate Investors and Entrepreneurs ”

OverallHemlane is a wonderful tech enabled property management solution for real-estate investors looking for a cloud based and client centric partner that allows them to streamline their operations, cut costs, and interface with tenants and vendors in a time efficient manner. Hemlane's software is intuitive and brings traditionally cumbersome and time consuming property management processes such as rent collection, vendor coordination and payment, and leasing in to a time efficient and seamless system enabled by a superior technology backed by a professional and responsive staff. Whether you are a small real-estate investor looking to self-manage passive income generating properties, or are a full time real-estate professional with an existing full service property management staff and large portfolio, Hemlane can help modernize and professionalize your property management processes.
ProsHemlane is intuitive, client centric, and I like that it is developed first for a cloud and mobile environment.
ConsI only hope that Hemlane keeps adding features I reccommend--they have been very receptive to client feedback, and work to incorporate both design and functional changes as they make iterative improvements to their platform, and build out the technology's capabilities.
Recommendations to other buyersThe leadership team of Hemlane is thoughtful, and the customer service is responsive.
January 24, 2017
Steven W.
Owner/Property Manager
May 4, 2018

“Best decision I have made since starting my own property management company this year!”

ProsHemlane is the best kept secret in the property management software industry! I started my own property management company this year, and was shocked by what the larger property management software companies were asking on a monthly basis. Most of them stopped talking to me because I didn't have 500 properties on my hands. Hemlane allows me to set my own showing schedule, confirms showings automatically so I'm not wasting my valuable time, produces a totally seamless online application in screening process, allows me to simply transfer applicants into tenants with the push of a button, I can send and receive funds electronically from landlords / tenants / vendors without surcharges, and much more. Any other issues I've had with setting up my company through Hemlane has been resolved by rep within a matter of minutes. I could not recommend this company enough, especially if you're thinking about starting your own property management company.**** I have worked for large property management companies in the past that used some of the big-name software companies, and I know that the value cannot be beat****
ConsI wish that the 1099 feature came standard with the service. I have not had the software for more than a year, so in all fairness, I am assuming that all of my financial transactions on Hemlane will easily transfer to QuickBooks. I have not been disappointed By REP and her team yet!
May 4, 2018
Peter M.
Associate Broker
May 2, 2019

“Leasing Specialty”

OverallExcellent, the customer service has been outstanding. Also the ease of operation is great. A software these days shouldn't take weeks to master, and Hemlane is very easy to use and I feel I understand how to do things without calling or needing outside help.
ProsThe ease of use, the functions are all really easy and user friendly.
ConsThe time it takes for payments to go through. Electronically should be faster than a check. If the tenants deposit a check it will take maximum7 days to fully clear their bank. If their hemlane electronic first payment takes up to 10 days to verify it is a deterrent for them to sign up for the maintenance program.

By Hemlane on May 6, 2019
Thank you Peter for your kind review! We sincerely appreciate you taking time to write about our services. We enjoy working with you and look forward to continuing to enhance our features for you (especially the faster payout for rent)!
May 2, 2019
Andrew K.
Account Management and Sales Lead
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“Makes my life much easier”

OverallMostly excellent! Their team is very responsive and supportive of any issues. They want YOU to succeed. They even helped me see that one of my units was underpriced and I ended up renting it out for $100/month more.
ProsHemlane makes it really easy for me to manage, collect and refund payments for tenants. I've been very pleased with that functionality and also the marketing automation. E.g. when you post a listing for a unit, it will automatically get posted on all the major sites where renters are looking. Then once people inquire, there is an automated e-mail response that encourages prospective tenants to fill out an application or reach out to the property contact with questions. I find this a very efficient way to manage dozens of inquiries when I post an availability and screen tenants efficiently. The application allows you to easily collect all the information for screening tenants in one place.
ConsThe user interface could use improvement. I had to reach out to support with questions a few times to learn how it works. It's not as intuitive as it could be which has created more of a learning curve than I would have liked. Processing online payments takes longer than I'd like (3-4 days)- though honestly this is probably more the fault of the ACH Network rather than anything Hemlane has control over.

By Hemlane on October 12, 2018
Thanks Andrew for your review! We look forward to continuing to make the user experience the best in the industry! And we are happy to hear about the increased revenue with your rentals.
October 10, 2018
Hyunyoung C.
January 18, 2017

“Highly recommend it ”

OverallI moved for my job and left my property to OneRent for rental income. And then I had to fire them because of their poor performance and lack of communication. The transition was challenging not only because I was away, but also because OneRent won't cooperate. the founder was very patient & professional to handle all the issues and bring everything back into normal. While I was struggling with OneRent, I missed the chance to rent out my place, but she was able to find a good tenant after 3 showings. There are a bit of work involved - filling a few forms and so on. But these are the things that any landlord would like to be involved or at least wants to know. There is absolute transparency in the process and the fee is substantially low. Most of all, Dana is very knowledgeable and fantastic at handling the issues. One more thing - not sure if OneRent was trying to rip me off or if the price with Hemlane experts are reasonable. In any case, I got two quotes from these two property managers for the same job and Hemlane's quote is 40% lower than OneRent. In all, I highly recommend hiring Hemlane - it is good to know what's going on and my property manager has my back.
ProsTransparency on the rental business and good communication channel with my tenants & property manager.
ConsNeed some work to complete the work - not exactly full service, but it is good that I could have a control.
Recommendations to other buyersThere are a few bugs in the system - not working hyperlink and so on.
January 18, 2017
Patrick A.
Realtor
September 13, 2019

“Great system”

Overallsupport and help implementing from Chanelle was unprecedented - I used to support software installations an I hope we were that good (we charged WAY MORE MONEY).
ProsIt does it all! Marketing is amazing not a benefit I expected. Write the ad - upload pics and it goes out to bazillion websites and the inquires start flowing instantly. Handles EVERYTHING for property management - contracts - deadlines - tenant applications - credit checks - emails are all in the system so I don't search through emails - all communications with tenants and prospective tenants are in there - collects rent through portal - no collecting checks - tracks what is due and who paid for did not paid - tracks when lease is expiring - tracks work orders - I'm not sure what else it could do. It's amazing.
ConsI might be able to remember 1-2 tiny things that I needed but almost perfect for me.

By Hemlane on October 9, 2019
Thanks Patrick for your review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and adding new features.
September 13, 2019
Paul H.
Property Manager
February 19, 2019

“Low cost property management software”

OverallUsing this software allows me to manage three times the amount of properties with the same personnel. I think it is mainly designed for apartment complexes, but I rent single family residents and it works great.
ProsAllows me to manage more properties with less people
ConsTook a while to track the revenue plug in. They need to pass cc fees on to tenant

By Hemlane on February 26, 2019
Thanks Paul for your review! We will adding the option for tenants to pay credit card fees this year. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to having you on Hemlane.
February 19, 2019
October 3, 2018

“Great Product That is Constantly Being Updated”

OverallHemlane has begun to drastically change the way we operate our business. It is great to be able to keep all lease documents, maintenance requests, payment information/history, etc. all in one place. The site is easy to navigate, has a pleasing user interface, and its feature set always seems to be improving.
ProsCustomer Service has been great about getting back to me quickly with answers to my questions and listens to my feedback about how current features could be improved and about new features that would benefit my business.
ConsSome useful features have not been released yet.

By Hemlane on October 11, 2018
Thank you for the review! And, we can't wait to get more great features out for you.
October 3, 2018
December 14, 2017

“Best property management for the price!”

Pros-Dashboard gives a great overview -Email communication keeps me up to date -Consolidates vital info in easy to see landing page -Easy ACH for tenants plus they love that it is free for them -Easy management of work orders -Easy marketing functions
Cons-Unable to pull reports on different payment types each month (off line, ACH etc...) -Offline payment function needs simplification -Does not allocate late offline payments at a single point of payment screen -Groups payments by number of "late payments" and not property or renter -Requires other service (zInspector or others) for move-in and move-out inspections -Does not allow for mapping of work orders to service provider

By Hemlane on December 17, 2017
Thank you for your review on Hemlane! Work order mapping will be coming as new features in January 2018. We look forward to supporting your management.
December 14, 2017
Semiconductors, Self-employed
August 3, 2018

“Hemlane”

OverallI have been using Hemlane a little over a year now for a condo rental property and I am very satisfied and pleased with the service and tools they provide. When I need help, I get prompt feedback and support. The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues. I think Hemlane is a great value for the money. Hemlane is geared towards those landlords that want to stay a little bit involved with the management activities, rather than have someone do 100% and not be involved or bothered at all. But, their tool and service make it easier to do. And the fee structure is more based upon paying for the service you use, as opposed to flat monthly %'s of the rent. Overall, I am very pleased with Hemlane and would highly recommend them.
Pros The online tool is great to have one place to go to manage and see the status on my rental properties, communicate with the tenants and see any open issues.
ConsI know I can get a summary, but maybe a more detailed itemization of annual expenses for tax purposes would be good.
August 3, 2018
Karen X.
September 5, 2017

“Hemlane provides excellent affordable property management solutions to real estate owner.”

ProsThe prompt customer support and flexibility are wonderful. As owner you could get involved as much as you like or you could step back and rely on the great support you receive from Hemlane to take care of your real estate management needs. With the easy access online tools you could manage your property thousands miles away and not worry about hiring expensive local property management firm who charges way more. Also included in the package you get help from its online legal partner who is great for answering questions and preparing legal document. It is a one stop shop that meet my property management needs.
ConsThe software is constantly adding more features and it will provide more benefits for the users. Looking forward to more offering.
September 5, 2017
Piyush G.
Co-Owner
April 12, 2019

“Managing payments and property is so easy now”

OverallHemlane has made my job easier and quicker. The fee charged by Hemlane is really nominal and I have blessed by the client by going onto this software.
ProsI get everything from this. I have been managing my clients house in Georgia since more that 6 months now and I have been like 100% satisfied with the ease of it. I have had issues with payments but the customer care was so good that it got resolved smoothly. Sending notices, getting lease documents recorded and everything else has been extremely easy
ConsSo far so good. Nothing that I have liked less about this.

By Hemlane on April 18, 2019
Thanks, Piyush, for your kind review on Hemlane! We are so glad that you and your clients are happy with our services. If you need anything from us, then don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to make your rentals a success!
April 12, 2019
Eric C.
Property manager
May 11, 2019

“Very Convinient”

OverallI am very happy with this product. Very easy to adopt and makes payments convenient and easy. Makes repairs and Maintenance easy too
ProsVery user friendly, both to our tenants and for us as property managers
ConsThe robustness is not quite there for prospective tenants and financials

By Hemlane on May 14, 2019
Thank you, Eric, for your review! We really look forward to improving both Financials and Prospective Tenants for you.
May 11, 2019
Judy S.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 2, 2019

“Apartment Rental”

OverallI have an apartment for rent and utilized the free trial to post my listing and also for the application background and credit check. It was so nice not to have to deal with the application, the exchange of funds etc and the report was perfect. Thank you!
ProsI was on a free trial and felt supported by team every step of the way.
ConsNone - it was easy to set up and use. This review system is not as great though lol

By Hemlane on October 9, 2019
Judy, We're glad you enjoy using Hemlane and the automation we built. Our goal is for all users to spend less time managing the process.
October 2, 2019
Paul L.
Owner/Property Manager
September 19, 2017

“This product is a great value & comes with excellent customer service & communication!”

ProsHemlane is an amazing solution for streamlined online property management. Our experience managing 30+ properties through Hemlane has been fantastic thanks to the efficiency of the program and the expert communication provided by Customer support representative and her team. Having the ability to accept online applications, quickly convert specific applicants to `Tenant Status and accept online rent payments almost instantly has saved us countless hours of time & resources. Our tenants appreciate the ease of paying rent from their homes, offices & cell phones securely, having the ability to schedule automatic rent payments & having secure records of their payments through Hemlane all in one online portal. We highly recommend Hemlane for all property managers no matter the size or model of the company!
ConsWe are looking forward to added features such as printable applications & property groups by owner. We appreciate that Dana takes all of our suggestions & questions into account.
September 19, 2017
David B.
Real Estate, Unspecified
January 13, 2017

“Hemlane significantly facilitates the expansion of my property portfolio”

OverallAs I hold investment properties in a number of states throughout the US, Hemlane has provided me with an ideal, consolidated management solution, offering smart software and on-ground support applicable to each property. I now spend *significantly* less time - and have less headache - with the management of my properties. Being a client of Hemlane, I cannot imagine investing in more residential properties without them.
January 13, 2017
Jerod T.
May 3, 2018

“Does everything I need it to ”

ProsEasily the best feature is their customer support. This is a huuuge deal for me and Hemlane,Team answers any question myself or my tenants have almost instantly. There are a number of websites like Hemlane, but I don't any of them do as good of a job with Customer Support as they do.
ConsIt can be a little un-intuitive for certain things & I'm sometimes not exactly clear what my tenants see vs. what I see on the website. I'd like to be CC'd or something on all the messages they see so I have a better idea of what their experience is like.
May 3, 2018
Internet, Unspecified
January 4, 2018

“Easily replaces traditional property managers, at a much more affordable price”

OverallCut out the expensive property manager middleman, and gave me direct and easy control on managing my property at a much more affordable price.
ProsSimple, intuitive UI. Ability to post listing to many different websites, and has an elegant plug-in for craigslist listing. Flexible pricing model that is significantly cheaper than traditional property managers. Fast and easy set-up for listing and tenant management.
ConsExperienced some bugs while trying to set up tenant screening. But luckily the Hemlane staff was very responsive and helped to resolve the issue very quickly.
January 4, 2018
Deborah B.
veterinarian
June 27, 2017

“Fantastic program for property management and home rental. Very quick results. ”

OverallIt saves me time, and a lot of money. We are renting our home in California while my husband works on the east coast. This is 10% of the cost of traditional property management groups that I interviewed. Very friendly knowledgeable people. I think of it as the Airbnb of the long term rental market.
ProsThe ease of use, wide range of advertising. There is really fast tech support from folks that know how to use the program. Oh, and did I mention the price. What a value!
ConsThat it is not really geared for commercial rentals. I am hoping they go into the commercial market as well.
June 27, 2017
Mike J.
Independent
February 22, 2017

“Hemlane is ideal for my 5 properties”

OverallThis company has ridiculous customer service, free onboarding, and a simple product. There are a couple of additional features that I want added to the software, but there are workarounds and the team is good at listening to me to have these features added to their enhancement list. I really like their marketing software -- it makes it easy to advertise my rental properties and see prospective tenants in one pipeline. I have only used the product for 2 months, but was able to get a renter very quickly through it.
ProsIt is simple and I don't get lost in it. I really like their marketing feature (made it easy to find a good renter) and their free onboarding.
ConsI asked for a couple of things that are not in the software yet -- task reminders and send checks to my vendors.
Recommendations to other buyersMy advice is to use Hemlane if you are independent like me and want to know everything going on with your properties but not do the work. The software will remind tenants on rent and late fees, remind my leads to show up to the property for a showing, and other things that I don't have time to do.
February 22, 2017
Wei S.
Sales Broker
January 16, 2019

“You'll thank me for recommending you to try Hemlane!”

OverallI'm a real estate sales broker. I had to refer my clients to other property mangers in the past because I didn't have enough time. Hemlane made it possible for me and because of hemlane, I can expend my business and add income strand.
ProsThe staffs! There will always be softwares that have similar functions but the people who's working with you is the most important. At hemlane, business is not just a functional portal!
ConsNothing that I don't like. If I do, I talk to the helpful staffs, they will tell me a solution right away!
January 16, 2019
Steven M.
November 20, 2017

“Very happy with the function of the software for our needs”

OverallTime. I saves me time.
ProsIts easy to use on our end once the tenants are set up. I love how it auto bills, auto late charges and lets me know who is behind. Also, the charts showing projected income for the next couple of months is nice.
ConsUpdates are being added as we go, and everyone is great to work with. I wish it had a better reporting function. Somewhere we could better keep track of expenses. We have to almost consider bringing in a quickbooks to track the expenses, on top of this product.
November 20, 2017
Chris M.
Member
February 26, 2019

“Very Impressed”

OverallOverall, for the price, I have had a great experience with Hemlane that has sped up managing my few properties a lot!
ProsI have used this software for a few months now and it is made managing my three rentals MUCH easier. I love that I can collect rent and have the ability to manage maintenance. Also, the big thing has been how they made marketing my house so easy, I couldn't believe how many contacts I got.
ConsThe couple things that seem to be lacking is the financial side of things. They should be able to connect and upload transactions so I can do my cost accounting from this. Also, there have been some pretty long lag times as to when I put up a house and when it actually gets posted.

By Hemlane on February 27, 2019
Thanks Marlin Residential for the review! We really look forward to bringing more innovation on the financials side for you!
February 26, 2019
Yusuke S.
RE agent
September 6, 2017

“Fantastic support”

OverallSaves time.
ProsI use Hemlane's Smart management, and the amount of help you can get is great. My property manager is always willing to pick up the phone and ready to help.
ConsThe software is very easy to navigate once you get a hang of it. There will be some learnings to do for new users.
September 6, 2017
February 21, 2019

“Perfect - great cost, easy to use, great customer support”

ProsI researched SEVERAL property management software, and Hemlane is the BEST! Most cost effective, visually appealing, easy to navigate for current and potential tenants, invitation to RocketLawyer for electronic leases, quick and super nice customer service reps, the list can go on and on
ConsNothing - this property management software has been ideal for our application
February 21, 2019
Brett S.
Speaker, author, coach and consultant
November 5, 2018

“Comprehensive, simple and value for money”

ProsThis was the software that had the most features relevant to my needs.
ConsThere has been a couple of bugs within the platform unfortunately. Though the support staff is quick to respond and I also have confidence in them as they add new features.

By Hemlane on November 16, 2018
Thank you, Brett, for the review! We look forward to getting those other features and requests into the product for you. It has been great to work with you.
November 5, 2018
Toby P.
May 13, 2019

“Extraordinary product”

OverallSince the first 28 day free trial, the owner has communicated directly with me and explained all the aspects of the software. It is extremely easy to use and allows management to focus on the right things for property owners and tenants. Second to none.
ProsCustomer service and features are the best in class
ConsI did not find out about the software sooner.
May 13, 2019
Andrew T.
Army Officer
Military, 51-200 employees
December 19, 2018

“Andrew Trahan's Review”

ProsThe ability to advertise across several different listing websites.
ConsSometimes the website does not work on all browsers or different types of computers.

By Hemlane on December 20, 2018
Thanks Andrew for your kind review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and yes ... hope that we can support Microsoft Internet Explorer in the future.
December 19, 2018
SONIA S.
September 18, 2017

“Can't beat value and customer support. ”

OverallSimplicity of use for myself and my tenants. Having my tenants calls taken care of when they occur. I do want to remain aware of what is occurring but don't want to have to be on call 24/7. This works beautifully for that.
ProsIt's simple to navigate and doesn't overwhelm. When you do have difficulty finding something a simple email or phone call generates a very quick response and resolution. They worked quickly to update the software (two days) to make the payment date info. clarification that I needed. I had read about this quick response time in reviews when I was shopping for software systems and I experienced it first hand two months into my subscription.
September 18, 2017
Sydney J.
June 28, 2016

“Hemlane is an awesome property managment service and a cool technology company”

OverallI was really blown away with everything Hemlane offered. The technology aspect of the company is amazing and the user experiene is very friendly and easy to learn
ProsThe tech aspect Quality of management of properties
ConsNot great for someone who doesn't know how to use the internet or check email frequently. Even for tech challenged people, this service is easy to learn
June 28, 2016
Molly P.
Marketing Manager
November 29, 2017

“You will never find a better value for property management software!”

ProsThe direct deposit, marketing capabilities and tenant screening functions make property management a breeze.
ConsThe financial section could be a little more user friendly. I'd like to be able to hover over the money and be able to be more interactive with it.
November 29, 2017
Jessica N.
Property Manager
October 17, 2019

“Review”

OverallI love working with the Customer Support and his attention to my issues.
ProsThe organization it provides The tracking abilities
ConsThe way the reports print out...wish it looked just like the report on the screen The reports aren't detailed enough for my needs.
October 17, 2019
Tracy F.
designer/stager
Design, Self-employed
October 26, 2017

“We had a stellar experience with Hemlane from my very first phone call. One of the customer rep is a rare jewel. ”

Overallit was easy to navigate and we found a fabulous tenant as a result right away.
ProsI am technologically challenged and I found the software very easy to navigate . The customer rep was right there to offer any guidance I needed. She was available on a Sunday to answer any questions I had and was incredibly patient and understanding that we had never been landlords before. She held my hand through the entire process and we met only qualified possible tenants. We were able to choose the tenants we wanted that first day. They have been as wonderful as the customer rep is!
October 26, 2017
Lucy C.
Realtor
August 9, 2017

“Excellent tool for property owners who want to be Landlord, at the same time Property manager. ”

ProsAccessiblity of property management tools especially with service payments to vendors and rental payments from tenants.
ConsIt won't allow same day showing schedule. When a prospective would want an immediate preview, Im not able to update the dashboard.
August 9, 2017
Stanley W.
Self-employed
February 8, 2017

“Hemlane is Great”

OverallI have found the support from Hemlane to be excellent. I am saving a fortune compared to the Real Estate Management Company I was using. If I need anything, Hemlane tries to get it for me.
ProsThe price and the support provided
ConsNot being able to group units and building and building group.
February 8, 2017
Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees
March 29, 2019

“Hemlane”

OverallOverall, I had a great experience with Hemlane.
ProsEasy and convenient to use. It looks really professional as well.
ConsLack of support for the software. It took 2-3 weeks to get my tenant's rent the first month. It then took another 2 weeks the second month.

By Hemlane on April 3, 2019
Thank you for your review! For the rent payouts, we sincerely apologize that you experienced any delay. It could have been due to a mis-mapping (if you changed bank accounts), but we have a fix in place to alert us if a payout does not happen in the expected timeframe. We hope you do not experience this ever again.
March 29, 2019
Bernard G.
January 25, 2019

“Hemlane Review”

ProsSolid product. Reasonably intuitive UI. Excellent customer service and responsiveness.
ConsN/A
January 25, 2019
Dane M.
Real Estate Investor
July 24, 2018

“Love the Hemlane system! For an owner-operator of investment real estate, it's IDEAL!”

OverallHelps automate and tie together all of the real estate management activities I perform on our properties.
ProsI love the features and ease of use of the system. Also, the support from the Hemlane staff is fantastic. It's very light weight, and perfect for the individual real estate investor managing their own properties.
ConsThere's not much to dislike about the system. Small things and and there can be improved, but the Hemlane staff is very open to the feedback to make continuous improvements.
July 24, 2018
Emmanuel A.
Information Systems Analyst
June 8, 2018

“One stop shop for landlords to list and manage properties and tenants”

Overall-Saves time -Makes it easy to manage your property/tenants for first time landlords -The price point is excellent
ProsThe Dashboard is user friendly, and provides a great overview of all the things I need in order to manage my property.
ConsManaging my prospective tenants can be a bit tricky. it would be nice to be able to control what information is displayed when viewing the list of prospective tenants. Also sorting and filtering beyond the "All/Applicant" option would be great.
June 8, 2018
Nelson C.
January 19, 2018

“Delivers as advertised but could be a little more user friendly.”

OverallOverall I am currently happy with my subscription with them but think that they have room to improve.
ProsHemlane helped me market my rental to various outlets, find and screen a tenant, assisted in writing a lease contract through legal zoom access, set up an ACH payment from tenants, and keep track of property payments for accounting purposes.
ConsI had a difficult time to navigate the actual software at times but eventually figured it out. The ACH also take a bit longer than I anticipated it to hit my actual bank account.
January 19, 2018
Jordan S.
May 11, 2016

“Increased my bottom line”

OverallI've been managing 9 properties, primarily in Denver. Hemlane's software and agents (they work with local property managers for certain tasks, such as open houses) have made my management significantly easier. I don't need to visit my properties as often and I've saved 40% in property management costs by using their software. I don't know why I didn't hear about them earlier.
May 11, 2016
Ben D.
January 20, 2019

“Fantastic property management at an unbeatable price”

OverallThe low price for the service ensures higher cash flow for me as an investor!
ProsACH transfers, incredibly simple vacancy advertising, 24/7 maintenance support. After posting an ad for my apartment in Mid-January, I received four requests for showings within an hour!
ConsI have nothing bad to say about Hemlane. Honestly, I can't think of a single issue that I have with it.
January 20, 2019
Mark F.
November 14, 2017

“Terrific tool, really enjoy how it's made my life easier!”

ProsIt's pretty quick and easy to get right into it and start working. And, I have never experienced such incredible customer support with software - simply the best, and the standard by which all others should be judged.
ConsThere are a couple functionality elements that sometimes leaving me scratching my head. But once I get it, I'm good to go.
November 14, 2017
Theo K.
August 25, 2016

“Finally software and service wrapped up in a single package”

OverallI've been looking around for property management software to help me manage my properties. Surprise to find Hemlane not only does the software, but also offer support for maintenance requests and leasing. Now I can finally fire my expensive property manager! Can't recommend them enough!
August 25, 2016
Kim R.
June 29, 2016

“Best Property Management Company ”

OverallIn all my years as a landlord, I have always had a numerous amount of issues with tenants. Once I made the switch to Hemlane, virtually all of my tenant troubles have vanished. The feature I like best is the tenant screening and background check. Would recommend this company to every landlord that wants to spend less time worrying, so all of them!
ProsTenant Screening Online portal Customer service
June 29, 2016
Ted G.
June 27, 2016

“Hemlane is a superb service that greatly improved my experience as a landlord”

OverallBefore Hemlane, I was a do it yourself landlord. I made the occasional error in dealing with tenants and the process was extremely time consuming. After I made the switch to Hemlane, my time spent managing my properties has been greatly reduced and there are never errors made when dealing with tenants.
ProsThe customer service and the technology
ConsNot ideal for C class or below properties
June 27, 2016
Ian Y.
May 29, 2016

“Best customer service that I've experienced”

OverallI normally don't write reviews, but it is Sunday morning (of a 3 day weekend). We had urgent maintenance issues, and Hemlane's software and services addressed the issue as quickly as possible. Would recommend to anyone.
May 29, 2016
Pam W.
Owner/Broker
October 7, 2019

“Hemlane Review”

OverallThe support has been wonderful.
ProsThe ability to take online payments. Cost.
ConsIt doesn't have a feature to reconcile your accounts.

By Hemlane on October 10, 2019
Pam, Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback on account reconciliation and will send back to the product team.
October 7, 2019