Salsify Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.7/5

About Salsify

Salsify's product content management and syndication platform helps leading brands empower their sales teams through digital catalogs, centralize and improve product content internally, and publish to ecommerce and retail partner websites with the click of a button. Salsify's digital catalogs make it easy for brand and product managers to ensure sales teams are using the best, most accurate content in the field and can even generate sell sheets and order forms directly from the catalogs. Learn more about Salsify

Adam M.
VP, e-commerce
August 16, 2016

“Very useful tool for maintaining product details”

OverallSalsify has a bit of a learning curve, but overall provides a good service. I have been using it a little more than a year and have been pretty happy as a user. Additional services are being added to the package, but not all are included as an all-inclusive base price, which is contrary the impression given when we signed up. Customer service has been good, with the Salsify team adding features based on our feedback.
ProsThe ability to resize/rename images on the fly has been a useful tool, as we previously maintained a folder for each customer's images that were specifically sized and named for them. Now, we just set up some rules for each customer's naming conventions, and the files are named as we go. Customer service will take care of the things that are not very self-service friendly. Digital catalogs provide a quick and easy way to share new products with select groups of people. Once you get the hang of it, importing and exporting a lot of information is very quick and easy. Data is easily accessible.
ConsNumber of users is very limiting, and adding seats very expensive. Salsify significantly underestimates the amount of storage needed for images and other digital assets and wants to limit the number attached to products. When we signed up, we asked if there was a limit on digital assets and were told there was no "practical limit," and they would let us know if we had too many. At contract renewal, they wanted to significantly reduce the available number. Cost. Salsify is expensive. Not responsive design for phones. Although I would never recommend the phone as your primary access point for Salsify, it is nice to be able to quickly look products up in a pinch. With the available screen real estate on the iPhone 6+, I expect to be able to do that, but the menus don't work and everything is squished. Difficult to squeeze it in, and not successfully executed yet. Overall, searching for items within the search box is slow. If you type a part number quickly, the site lags, and cannot find the item. I usually edit the URL in the address bar to go directly to the page I'm looking for.
Recommendations to other buyersGo in with the expectation for the upsell. Don't get me wrong; I believe Salsify provides us a valuable service, but it is a high-cost solution for smaller companies. Expect to take some time before you are comfortable using all the features. Get a primer on the use of readiness reports; I find that to be very useful.

By Salsify on August 19, 2016
Hi Adam- Thank you for the feedback. You'll be happy to hear that we have actively been investing an enhanced search experience and it's expected to land in the next month or so. I have shared your feedback regarding the mobile experience with the product team and I'm happy to report there are plans to improve this in the future as well. If you're open to it, I'd like to connect you directly with our product team. My hope is that we'll be able to share our vision for new features and come to a better understanding of how you're using Salsify. My name is Ashley Krahn and I lead the team that helps our customers drive value through Salsify. Please feel free to contact me directly at akrahn@salsify.com, 617-206-6730. Best Regards, Ashley
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great tool to host all product data”

OverallSalsify is a great tool to use and store all product content and other product information. Insights is helpful, and the customer service team is fairly responsive. Once they do get back to you, they usually have the answer you are looking for which is great.
ProsThe best part of this is that we can easily submit products or export product import sheets to send to customers. This makes ease of uploading new and updating existing products much easier.
ConsNot all connections are direct API, meaning we have to export the uploads and send them directly to customers. If there were more direct connections, it'd make adding new products much easier.
September 30, 2019
Kowanda L.
Sales Analysis and Royalty Admin
11-50 employees
August 16, 2016

“Great quality and support”

OverallIn using Salsify I have been extremely impressed with the quality and support that we have received. They continue to add more features and functions to the site all the time. Due to the large amount of data that we are dealing with it is great to be able to bring it all together, however my wish (if possible) would be to find a more streamlined process to bring it all together and to get onboarded more quickly, easily and efficiently.
ProsI like the fact that we can load all the information and photos into one place. Salsify works well and suppport is available.
ConsI would like more "hands on training" to learn how to get our products onboarded more quickly and efficiently so we can actually utilize the site as it should be. We experience a lot of training which was the trainer doing the process and us trying to follow along; as we all know most of us learn by doing and I think a lot has been lost due to this.
Recommendations to other buyersI think better onboarding (setting up and "hands on training" would be highly beneficial.

By Salsify on August 19, 2016
Hi Kowanda- Thanks for the feedback. We're looking forward to the onsite training we've been planning over these last few weeks. Dedicating time like this will allow our customer champions to dive deep on your product content goals and help your team be successful with Salsify.  As always, you can access our newly updated knowledgebase at https://help.salsify.com/help. During business hours you can contact our support line at 1-844-SALSIFY. I¿ve also sent you an email directly with the above info.  Looking forward to meeting you in person! Best, Kate Roda
Garrett B.
Director of Ecommerce
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
August 23, 2016

“100% The Best PIM / DAM you will ever need”

OverallI've used Salsify for over 3 years and can truly say that it is the best PIM / DAM I've seen and used.
ProsThe software is agile and easy to use. It's extremely easy to connect API's to nearly any format or system. It is also very easy to build exports into retailer templates or any other type of template necessary. Any time I have a request for an update or change to the platform or need help, I receive help very quickly and implementations are put on their roadmap.
ConsNo true cons to the system per se, however it would be nice if they had a suggested set of fields to fill.
Recommendations to other buyersThe catalogs! From past experience, sales side of organizations don't wish to login to a new portal to get information. Instead use the catalogs to predetermine sets of fields that your sales teams can use. They allow for a direct link that shows any field and digital asset. We use the catalog aspect as well as the sell sheets most frequently.
August 23, 2016
Sebo D.
Managing Director
December 12, 2017

“Incredible power for a multi-channel world.”

OverallEffectively manage large product content portfolio with lower resources.
ProsThere are a number of contenders for Salsify's greatest pro. Among them would be the ability to create channels which massively simplifies the process of syndicating content to different websites and internal systems. In addition the ability to create very granular properties to allow an agile content management system with excellent faceted search to ensure clean high levels of data cleanliness. These form the backbone of an indispensable product management system. However, the fairly recent addition of the computed fields has allowed a more central management of the content rules for various channels.
December 12, 2017
Consumer Goods, 5001-10,000 employees
May 28, 2019

“I spend all day in Salsify”

ProsI have used many different content syndication tools in the past, and Salsify blows all of them out of the water. They work with all of the top retailers and really engage with their customers to develop features that are on the cutting edge of ecommerce.
ConsSome features that were built in the past haven't been updated, as their focus has shifted. A lot of things require contacting customer support, which is a good thing for some but as a power user I would like to handle as much as I can by myself.
May 28, 2019
Mike B.
Marketing Manager
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2017

“Salsify is a well-built, modern platform that has changed the way we bring product info to market”

ProsThe product is very easy to use. It's very easy to customize. It helped our organization centralize all of our product information and then take all of that information seamlessly to market
ConsThe product has a ton of untapped potential. Although the support is fantastic (the best of any our organization has worked with to date) there is still some functionality that holds us back from manipulating certain features ourselves, to which we need to contact support to help us out with. The good news is, Salsify is always making updates to their cloud-based software and these issues should be gone relatively soon!
November 16, 2017
Internet, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2017

“Salsify support team is fantastic. Always willing to help”

ProsWorking in and out of Excel is a convenient way to get a lot of work done quickly. Formulas are proving more and more useful.
ConsSome of the UI elements lack polish. Occasionally, the screen will reload to a blank. Difficult to replicate but happens from time to time (perhaps while under heavy load?) Imports could use some bulk mapping/checkbox options (like being able to edit in the summary view instead of clicking on each column individually). This is especially useful for large templates with many columns of data. Formulas sometimes work and sometimes don't. For example, PATH_NAME and PATH_ID do not work in In-App computed properties. This wasn't made clear in documentation, only in discussion with Support.
December 5, 2017
Crystal S.
Writing Department Manager
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2017

“Salsify is an overall easy-to-use program that helps me to move through workflow quickly.”

OverallEase of use when trying to work with my inventory quickly.
ProsI like how it organizes my inventory and makes it highly searchable, and therefore much more easily accessed as I need it.
ConsOccasionally slow moving and some lists make it difficult to move from one product to the next with ease.
June 28, 2017
Ann P.
Ad writer
September 10, 2016

“Salsify Gives Ease in Product Development for Ad Writers”

OverallIn my experience with Salsify, I have learned A LOT about writing about products for a company and to be completely honest, I don't think I can imagine my time at my job without it. It saves me time, tedious tasks, and a lot of paper! The recent updates, especially on Salsify's user interface, have totally brought about a new appreciation for its services (YAY FOR NEXT/BACK NAV).
ProsArchiving and the ability to make it easier to create ads at a fast pace
ConsSometimes there are glitches when typing into generated fields, though this may not be entirely the software to glame. I do believe more upgrades could be made to the ease of use of the site as well as a proper app :)
Recommendations to other buyersNot at this time
September 10, 2016
Kaitlin T.
PM
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
April 24, 2019

“great for companies with many SKUs”

Prosthis is great for categorizing/classifying many products to allow easy access to information. easy search feature, great for adding images and excess information in on location.
Consexporting information in a clear and aesthetically pleasing way to create marketing documents is not always great. formatting is often not correct if you have too much text. We use salsify to hold all our product information and want it to be easily accessible for sales teams to grab documents without having to make updates, but that has not always worked out for us.
April 24, 2019
Tim L.
Account Manager
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
August 16, 2016

“Changing the way we go to market”

OverallSalsify has changed the way that our internal employees not only gather information but share it with our customers. It has alleviated a lot of time consuming manual processes in order for us to focus on driving accounts forward.
ProsEase of use. Salsify's portal is setup to be easily navigated around as well as syndicate with our retailers.
ConsMissing analytics behind what retailers have all of the available content on their websites.

By Salsify on August 19, 2016
Hi Tim- Please be on the lookout for an email later today from our Director of Product Management to see if there's a good fit for a beta program. Happy Commerce! The Salsify Team
Sally V.
VP, Business Process & Data Solutions
July 19, 2017

“Competitive Advantage”

OverallImproved efficiency of a centralized location for all item related information and customer facing documents. Relieved our customers from the task of gathering information and entering into their system.
ProsSalsify has been a wonderfully flexible PIM to support item images, data, and supporting material. It has allowed us to populate multiple different systems efficiently as well as create tailored customer specific views.
ConsIt would be helpful to have more options for data export with use in other systems such as XML. Currently .csv, Excel and JSon.
July 19, 2017
Matthew E.
Senior Analyst
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
September 8, 2016

“Best Management System Ever!”

OverallI have been using Salsify since May 2015 for a major client of ours. This tool has been so transformational for the business for their content & digital asset management. I have found that Salsify excels in the area of syndication to retailers and this is how we really leverage the tool.
ProsThe usability of the software and the UI.
ConsWriting formulas for the Channels and Readiness Reports & Templates
September 8, 2016
Luke H.
Farming, 1001-5000 employees
August 16, 2016

“Quality Product That Needs Some Usability Tweaks”

OverallI love using Salsify compared to so many of the other products that I've had to use for content management. It makes a lot of promises that it delivers on and has a lot of features that you don't normally get on a single site.
ProsIt's incredibly visual, simple to learn and quick to work with.
ConsSome features aren't user friendly to people from outside of the content management field. Sometimes there are bugs when moving between products or trying to get simpler lists of updates that are needed.
Crystal S.
Writing Department Manager
51-200 employees
August 16, 2016

“Salsify is a great tool to have for your ad writing needs!”

OverallLove the functionality. Salsify helps my company to write ads and save time which is what my department is all about!
ProsEasy to use. Rarely experiences technical issues. Great contacts when you need help!
ConsThere are definitely some things that could be better/more like the criminality of other websites.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't use the back button!
Jason T.
Digital
51-200 employees
August 16, 2016

“Globe Electric X Salsify”

OverallStill setting up final channels but great system thus far. Amazon quite easy, having more difficulty with HomeDepot but its a work in progress and we are moving in the right direction.
Maricela G.
Wholesale Sales Support Specialist
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
March 27, 2019

“User Friendly ”

ProsI use Salsify to upload/update/maintain our Ebags set up. The best feature in my opinion is the Analyze Readiness option, from here I can pin point any missing data and make updates.
ConsDon't have any cons, Salsify works like a charm for us!
March 27, 2019
Dan R.
Sales & Marketing
August 16, 2016

“Great Product - Great Service”

OverallWe use this to manage ~200 SKUs. Great product for sharing information with vendors, creating quotes, so forth.
ProsCatalogs, Channles
ConsNo permalinks to use for revisions on spec sheets for our website.
Hayley T.
10,001+ employees

“Daily Salsify User”

OverallBefore Salsify, so much of our work was manual and tedious. Salsify simplified our processes and has proved to be useful to our team as well as the teams and retailers we work with.
Debolina N.
Oversight Data Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
October 5, 2018

“Great PXM Tool”

ProsWe are currently using this for our Product content Management and the features are just great. Sales figures are improving on a monthly basis
ConsAs of now, i have not faced any negative points
October 5, 2018
Maricela G.
Wholesale Sales Support Specialist
April 11, 2018

“Very Easy to Use!”

ProsI love how easy it is to work with, I can mass upload which saves a lot of time! I love the ready and Incomplete check, it tells you exactly what's missing.
ConsThe only con I see is, once the retailer accepts the changes/edits, the information within Salsify is not updated.
April 11, 2018
Teri R.
Mass Retail & EDI Sales Specialist
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2016

“All assets in one place!”

OverallThe software allows for all data surrounding our products, to be located in one place. It's taken awhile for us to get up and running, though I'm not sure if that is the norm or due to the our input data..
ProsAll assets (images, copy, dimensions) maintained in one place. Ability to data sync from the software
ConsNo hands on training Length of time to production
Recommendations to other buyersNo

By Salsify on August 19, 2016
Hi Teri- Thank you for the feedback. We've been working with Kowanda on your team for an onsite visit to provide more training resources. As always, you can access our newly updated knowledgebase at https://help.salsify.com/help. During business hours you can contact our support line at 1-844-SALSIFY. Looking forward to meeting you in person! Best, Kate Roda
Marisa L.
VP Digital Marketing
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
August 24, 2016

“One Source of the Truth”

OverallWe were having a horrible time trying to keep up with content demand from dozens of retailers all with different systems. Salsify is helping us to unify the process and get new items loaded in half the time.
ProsEasy mapping capability.
ConsPricey compared to other solutions.
Recommendations to other buyersGet your whole team involved in the process to onboard so you don't have lags in your delivery system.
August 24, 2016
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
January 4, 2019

“Thankful for Salsify's easy UI for me, as I'm not that tech-savvy ”

ProsI love how easy Salsify was to use. It made many business processes that could normally be a little difficult much easier and seamless.
ConsThe price seemed a little high for what I was getting out of it. Not a huge complaint, though.
January 4, 2019
Christian F.
March 28, 2019

March 28, 2019
David H.
Marketing director
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees

“Smooth inplementation”

OverallGreat transition team. Took time to understand our needs. Tutorial sessions were well received by team members
ProsIntuitive, flexible and feature rich
ConsNone