Bolt Subcontractor Software Ratings

Overall

About Bolt Subcontractor Software

Estimating | Project Management | Scheduling - For the Trades in the Homebuilding Industry. The subcontractor world in the homebuilding industry is competitive whether you are a plumber, roofer, or electrician. Your ability to do the job fast, and without error is one of the major things that separates your company from the rest of the pack. Bolt helps you plan your jobs, communicate as a company, execute effectively for all the homebuilders you work for. Learn more about Bolt Subcontractor Software

Michael J.
Electrician Extroadinaire

“Love vs hate”

OverallI am ALWAYS the first man in my company to set eyes on a new job. I also make a habit of being right on time, if not early with my particular kind of installation. Before Bolt, I would often show up to a job that is ready for me and yet I cannot do what I need because of a lack of provided information on site. I very rarely have this problem now.
ProsI did/do absolutely love having any and all information pertinent to my job right at my fingertips in a matter of seconds, provided that information is valid and has been successfully uploaded onto Bolt before I need it.
ConsI did/do dislike having to order my work materials through the Bolt App. I have often come across situations where I want to order new or different materials for a job that I have previously ordered materials on. In this case, I do not know how or if it is even possible to clear the previous ordered materials before submitting a new one.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 14, 2019
Thanks, Michael! There is a good chance that your feedback regarding submitting material requests requires a simple setting change. We will reach out to your internal administrator to advise.
January 9, 2019

“Best scheduling software for the price!”

OverallOverall I think the Bolt Subcontractor software can be a very useful tool for subcontractors of any size, however a more conscious effort to make the mobile app for efficient would really take this program to the next level.
ProsBolt Subcontractor Software is an excellant scheduling software. Subcontractors big or small will find that this program allows for clean and accurate scheduling of crews, including the ability to add and track task to be completed. An added bonus is the ability to track contract document so that crews are able to view them whether they are on a job or working directly from an office.
ConsThe mobile application could use a lot of work. Not every subcontractor or crew will have access to tablets. The mobile application is very glitchy and virtually useless unless you have a strong wifi connection.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully, the new app release that we did in early 2019 solved your problems. If not, please reach out to support@runbolt.com and we will make sure you get help.
January 9, 2019
Jana D.
admin
April 25, 2017

“Great software to increase efficiency & keep history data”

OverallBefore implementing Bolt many of our scheduling tasks were completed by individual employees. Now we have a centralized way of researching data instead of having to go to individual employees. I love the forecast & report features. It is very helpful to see upcoming work volume via calendar view. I find it very helpful you can drag and drop documents & pictures attached to a particular job. Bolt is a helpful scheduling software tool both in the office and out in the field via its mobile capabilities.
ProsForecast, Report, Mobile Capabilities, Calendar view, multiple user access and drag & drop documents & pictures
Consinability to change color template

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Hey Jana! Thank you for the feedback. We did release a feature allowing you to change the color template. Hope that helps!
April 25, 2017
leonard D.
Dallas Scheduling Manager
August 19, 2019

“BOLT is a game changer!”

OverallOverall, BOLT has made a large impact on our daily scheduling. It has helped hold our company accountable and to see where our weak links exist. The absolute best scheduling assistant money can buy.
ProsThe scheduling abilities are amazing. We are still to this day learning all of the features available. Just using the software has created a much smoother and efficient way to schedule. BOLT not only helps with our day to day scheduling, but it also allows us to archive old jobs which allows us to provide accurate information/photos anytime a builder request.
Conswith all software programs, there are cons. There are days that BOLT lags and/or glitches, however, these are few to none.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Leo!
Brenda C.
Accounting
Construction, 1-10 employees

“Bolt”

OverallOverall this has been a very helpful product. All of our employees are using the program and have the exact same access to all documents, work orders, etc. for each home. We have increased our billing and payment times as well
ProsEverything we do for every job is in one place - there is the audit feature so everyone will know who did what. The guys in the field can upload pictures and complete or change work orders I love the ability to invoice directly into my Quickbooks program
Consworking out the kinks with invoicing has been kind of a pain

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thank you Brenda! We appreciate your feedback.
Teri S.
Customer Care Supervisor

“Bolt Review”

ProsImporting customer contact info (name, phone, email) should be automatic when a work order is generated for an occupied home. Then, a rep can ask the customer if this is still good contact info. They may have the option to change when scheduling.
ConsViewing and scheduling work orders on calendars could improve. Seeing multiple crews and their availability, locations would help us to determine if we have someone in area on a requested day/time.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Teri!
Cindy C.
Field Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees

“A little laggy”

ProsStreamlined our scheduling greatly. Nice to have everything in one program
ConsA lot of lag and crashes more than I would like

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Hey Cindy, thanks for your feedback! If there are specific issues that we can help with, please reach out to support@runbolt.com. We would be happy to help address anything that can help make your day to day job faster, simpler, and more mobile.
Patricia M.
Csr
April 28, 2017

“Easy, efficient. Fast software with so many options.”

ProsThe easiness of maneuvering through the software. There are so many different ways that we can set up the software and all of them are easy to work through.
ConsThe calendar needs to be simplified a little bit. The layout for scheduling is a little condensed and hard to read. The time frames run too closely together which makes it difficult to read.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks, Patricia! Hopefully, the new calendar updates help make your job a bit easier!
manuel l.
area manager

“excellent product”

Overalloverall Bolt is the best tool we've ever had out in the field, it help us managing our work better
Prosbrings you all the tools needed to simplify work and be more productive and efficient, from quality control, scheduling and communicating with home builders and sub crews
Consi can't think of anything negative about the software

Thanks Manuel!
Robyn D.
Cleaner

“Convenience”

OverallI have to check in to bolt on a daily bases the book see what jobs I have and the mark my jobs complete and I don't have any complaints
ProsIt is very easy to use It's always up and running no complaints everything's on the
ConsNothing so far it's always been up and running for me I have to check on a daily from my jobs and they're always there

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Robyn!
Scott H.
Area Manager
August 27, 2019

“Very impressed - easy to use”

OverallThis has helped our company tremendously. No more paper files, boxes of plans(redlines). All information and service notes are available anywhere
ProsThe ease at which all of my jobs and history is at my fingertips at any location
ConsSlow process when opening app the first time after closing

Thanks Scott!
Kailee K.
Sales Assistant/ Office assistant
August 20, 2019

“Great Software program for expanding businesses”

OverallWe are able to get more money from the contractors for things that we didn't have proof were done and were in situations for he said she said so now have proof in pictures and are able to collect more.
ProsThere are a lot of benefits to using this as long everyone is on board with using and learning the steps. The real time tickets are great, the pictures are a big help for us and the owner and sales guys can access the work that has been done as well. Reports are an easy run to get different stats as well.
ConsNot much to complain about, and if we had had issues they have been on top of solutions and fixes

By Bolt Software Technology on August 21, 2019
Thanks for the review, Kailee!
Billy H.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

“Bolt”

ProsIts very smooth to locate the schedule and change accordingly
Conswhen selecting the edit feature from the scheduled task , if you edit any portion of the workorder , when you click update , it takes you out of the workorder and I always have to go back into workorder , but if you click on the woerkorder tab , its all good

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Hey Billy! Thanks for the feedback. We will take note of your experience and see what we can do to improve it!
Candi C.

“GREAT”

ProsThis software keeps us very organized. We can easily reassign crews and/or jobs. The Superintendants all love receiving the confirmations. The employees use it to leave notes about jobs. All around this system is awesome and has certainly made our lives easier in the office.
ConsA little expensive! Sometimes in the afternoon it tends to slow down a bit.

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Thank you for the feedback, Candi!
Ian N.
Manager in Training

“Bolt Review”

ProsIt is very user friendly and easy to understand unlike some of the more confusing softwares
ConsWe had to wait for confirmations. This was not due to the software this was due to our own team

Thanks Ian!
Brendon L.
11-50 employees
February 25, 2019

“It has helped out business”

OverallI would recommend this for sure.
ProsWe had a lot of conflict with scheduling doing things the old fashioned way, but this has really helped us to be a more efficient company.
ConsIt seems a little buggy still. It crashes on me at least once or twice a day, but I guess that could always be something on my end. But it is a minor setback.
February 25, 2019
Lisandro G.
Supervisor
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

“Excellent App”

OverallIm able to look and schedule everything with a touch of a button. Really easy to use
ProsTo me , keeping everything organized and eliminating paper is the best. Being able to assign tasks to my crews is really practical and in detail.
ConsI have no negatives . Everything ive tried so far is positive

Thanks Lisandro!
Joseph F.
sales
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1000 employees

“Bolt Review”

Overallvery happy with the tracking of job activity, billing and job status
ProsAll job related items in one place. Easy to find document, and see scheduling.
ConsSometimes it runs slow and does not appears to be because of internet connection.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, Joseph!
Pamela S.
Project Coordinator
Building Materials, 11-50 employees

“Bolt review”

ProsFunctionality and ease of use. It serves our company well, the software support is amazing.
ConsIt locks up from time to time and is slow to open on occasions

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Hey Pamela! Thanks for the feedback! If we can help clarify, or help you from locking yourself out, just reach out to us at support@runbolt.com!
Scott J.
Production Manager
51-200 employees
April 18, 2017

“Strong potential but still growing.”

OverallThis product has helped track and streamline a fair amount of our scheduling of jobs. I was placed in charge of the programs setup and roll out and once I learned the software, the options and customizability are pretty incredible. BOLT has helped us and the program to adapt to each other but the system is still fairly linear and definitely has room to improve. At times it can be difficult to reach customer support (our account manager) but they do get back to you after a time.
ProsAutomates some of our processes.
ConsVERY buggy. iPads crash frequently and any time we make admin changes in the system, the system has a fairly large mishap of some kind.
Recommendations to other buyersBOLT needs to develop a customer service team dedicated to customers calling in with issues for a faster response. I have called our account rep. and never had a return call. Usually, if he does it'll be a text at the end of the day stating that he'll reach me tomorrow. It feels like I have to follow up with him most of the time.

Thanks Scott!
Jessie K.
Billing
September 3, 2019

“Exceptional Product; Easy to use”

ProsEase of use; user friendly; detailed information
ConsThere isn't anything that I don't like about it.

Thanks Jessie!
William D.
Service Manager
August 19, 2019

“Great product for end user”

ProsI like how easy it is to work my schedule for days even weeks out. User interface is super intuitive
ConsSometimes there are glitches that cause issues like double work orders or work orders disappearing but they are usually fixed rapidly.

Thanks William!
Jerry A.
Computer IT
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“My Review of Bolt ”

OverallMaster electrician for 40 years. Computer IT for 15 years. Use Bolt every week for reports. Runs flawlessly without a problem.
ProsUser friendly
ConsNothing

Thanks Jerry!
Stephen M.
Admim

“Review”

OverallI love Bolt
ProsIt has streamlined our company. Better communication between the office and field.
ConsI wish that when we completed a work order, an email would be sent directly to builder instead of the field super. It would save a lot of time when we update schedules.

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Hi Stephen! Just wanted to let you know that the completion feature you need is actually on our roadmap for 2019. It should be released shortly!
Teri S.
Customer Care Supervisor
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“Scheduling Review”

OverallI do most of my work in scheduling. This is a feature that is still a work in progress and could be easier to use.

Thanks Teri!
Victoria R.
Construction, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2019

“Bolt Review from small business”

OverallIf I have a problem, Clinton is always available to help walk me through either in an email, through a video or on the phone.
ProsThis software puts all my information in one place at the superintendents fingertips. I also allows me to bill easily from the system.
ConsAt the beginning it was difficult to find the time to input all the data, but after that was completed it was easy.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 16, 2019
Thank you for the feedback, Vicki!
dave K.
Quality Control

“Expanding usage”

OverallUse several times hourly. Need more usage time to give more fair assessment
ProsKeeps up to date record of site status if users properly participating
ConsLack of auto populating and need for a general allocation of activity WITHOUT needing an address

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Thanks Dave! We will take note of your feedback and see what we can come up with for a solution.
Omar G.
Adminstrator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

“Bolt Review”

ProsI love the real time updates. customize reports,Links job to maps on application, works on web browser and app. apple and android friendly.
Cons Cannot be tailored to your specific needs without affecting other companies using bolt. Needs a little more end user options and settings

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks, Omar! We appreciate your feedback.
Troy C.
Operations Supervisor

“Bolt Review”

ProsI like the ease of scheduling. Being able to simply "Drop & Drag" speeds things up considerably.
ConsHaving to open up multiple works orders when looking up history on customers. Having a main customer log / page would be nice.

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Hi Troy, thanks for the feedback. We have taken note of your request!
Melissa M.
Office Assistant
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

“Melissa's Bolt Review”

OverallI am overall pretty pleased with the program. We have had a few issues with it but have ether figured it out ourselves or we get help from the support team.
ProsIt is way more user friendly then other programs I have used for scheduling.
ConsIt does freeze up sometimes, or run slow. Which makes it difficult in my fast paced job.

Thanks Melissa!
Brittany R.
Admin
April 18, 2017

“Bolt was a great help to our company! ”

OverallBolt has help get our company get organized in many was... Scheduling and billing is more efficient things work so much better now that we are paperless!

Thanks Brittany!
August 16, 2019

“Bolt Survey”

OverallI enjoy having Bolt due to the fact that it allows you to complete most work on one program throughout the day
ProsMany efficient features allows you to easily complete tasks
ConsSometimes there is a slow/lag at times in afternoon -"user overload"

By Bolt Software Technology on August 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback!
August 16, 2019
Chelsi R.
Admin
April 18, 2017

“Bolt helped our company improve!”

OverallBolt has helped our company improve in so many ways. The customer support is always very prompt and ALWAYS willing to help in whatever way they can! If you are looking make a change to benefit your company Bolt is the best choice.

Thanks Chelsi!
Dean S.
Apprentice

“Bolt”

OverallI can flip blueprints if needed
ProsEasy for me to access job plans and order material.
ConsI did not have any yet.so far everything is ok

By Bolt Software Technology on August 16, 2019
Thanks, Dean!
Mark P.
Account Manager/Sales
October 3, 2016

“Just not the right fit for us”

OverallBolt did 2 separate demo's for our company. I feel like there's a lot of potential with Bolt. However, our company was mainly looking for an online scheduling software that we could use to schedule our crews for work. We wanted it to be easy to use and highly functional. Just based on the appearance and basic functionality of Bolt, this was not the product we were looking for. Bolt offers a solid amount of options and tools, but again, many of those we would not even use. I think Bolt would be a great product for the right company; unfortunately, it is just not what we were looking for.

By Bolt Software Technology on August 13, 2019
Thanks for the feedback Mark! Let us know if we can help in the future.
October 3, 2016
Logan C.
Trim carpenter
August 12, 2019

“This app can be very useful...”

OverallMore frustrating than problem solving!
ProsBeing able to pull up job site "blueprints" is very appealing
ConsLack of updates, losing tasks. Supervisor will task multiple things and it doesn't get relayed to the field tech in time causing reoccurring visits to the job site... and on and on...

By Bolt Software Technology on August 14, 2019
Hi Logan! Thanks for your feedback! We just wanted you to know that what you experienced is a known issue and is scheduled to be resolved in about 2 weeks.
Matthew W.
Construction, Self-employed
September 4, 2019

“ Bolt review”

ProsInformation updates instantly and I can see all my upcoming work.
ConsAs a user once I complete a job it gets cleared from my queue and I can't see my jobs I have completed for the week. I would like to be able to see past jobs so when I am doing my billing I can bring up the necessary info.

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Hi Matthew! I believe we can help you bring up the necessary info. Can you please reach out to support@runbolt.com?
September 4, 2019
Cody W.
Sales

“Great peoduct”

OverallGreat all in one resource to use
ProsBeing able to look in system and answer a builders question right away
ConsThe app on the phone is not as good as the website

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Hey Cody! Thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoy the newest version of our app coming out this year. If there is any feedback you would like to give us, please contact support@runbolt.com.
Alexis P.
Accounts Payable Manager

“GREAT PROGRAM!!”

OverallThis program has made our turn around at least 5 days faster then the old way we were doing business. Which means money comes in faster and that is GREAT. Bolt has made our day to day work much much easier, and since people can get access in the field it has really made things much more efficient.
ProsThat employees can access it from anywhere including in the field.
ConsThe program is a bit hard to navigate.

Thank you!
Matt K.
Field Tech
Construction, 501-1000 employees

“Bolt review”

OverallWe use it to task field techs with the jobs they need to do that day
ProsThe tasking, it made it easy for me to see what I had to do
ConsTakes a while to sync, and the navigation doesn't work

By Bolt Software Technology on August 20, 2019
Hey Matt, thanks for the feedback! If we can help clarify any issues you have with navigation, please contact us at support@runbolt.com. We will be happy to help.
Chris J.
COO
Construction, 501-1000 employees

“Clear, precise, practical”

OverallAdded controls.
ProsThe software is very user friendly, set up and maintenance is easy. Accurate to industry and defaults are extremely accurate to real operations.
ConsPossibly more customer branding capabilities rather than BOLT branding. APP button to be changed to customer branding.

By Bolt Software Technology on May 2, 2017
Thanks Chris!
Darrell K.
Supervisor

“Good review ”

OverallThe overall experience on bolt has been great. Pretty easy for use with little for the technology. For less technology friendly people ease of use with bolt
ProsAble to organize work though field and office with ease.
ConsNot being able to see all specific crews daily work tickets
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the good work

Thank you!
Dana S.
Electrician

“Bolt Review”

ProsKeeps track of work orders throughout the process
ConsSome options and features don't work like they should when using the app

By Bolt Software Technology on September 6, 2019
Thanks Dana! We've taken note of your feedback and will reach out to your internal Bolt Champion to see what we can do to help!
Danny P.
Owner/purchasing agent

“It's all OK. ”

OverallAs a purchasing agent, there very little advantage to the software. Calendar is what I use he most,but not much advantage to the calendar on Outlook, except i can let the installers know the material is ready, but they can see that in the warehouse.
ProsNice for scheduling and capability of getting feedback from employees.

By Bolt Software Technology on April 24, 2017
Thanks Danny!
Mindi D.
Scheduling Coordinator

“Good program”

OverallSo far I have liked working with this program for our scheduling purposes. Out of everyone in the office, I am the one that uses it the most, since I am the one that schedules all of our new job starts for the company, and has been very easy for me.

Thanks Mindi!
Victor G.
Facility Manager

“Good ERP software ”

Overallit's a simple ERP system, maybe the refresh could be done automatic. In all the system works perfect for the type of business we do.
Prossimple to educate
Consauto refresh would be helpful

Thanks Victor!
Cara B.
Administrator
November 23, 2015

“BOLT has been a great scheduling tool for us. ”

OverallBOLT started as a scheduling tool for us, but has been much more than that. All of our job information and history is easy accessible. It has greatly reduced our paper usage. It is also a great tool for our supervisors while walking houses. I feel like we are one step above our competitors with BOLT. I highly recommend BOLT. I really don't have any negative reviews. All our requests to customize our usage have been handled with ease.

By Bolt Software Technology on November 24, 2015
Thanks for the review!
November 23, 2015
Joshua C.
Vice President
November 19, 2015

“Revolutionized the way we do our business”

OverallOur company always pushed to improve our way of doing things more efficiently. I would have considered us more automated than the rest of the industry. Bolt gave us the ability to grow and compete in today's steadily changing construction environment. We have completely mobilized our job data, allowing us to better serve our customers and maximize our field work force.

By Bolt Software Technology on November 20, 2015
Thank you for your review!
November 19, 2015
Steve M.
April 24, 2017

“Fitting the software to our needs.”

OverallSince we are just getting started and we are custom fitting the system every thing is going great. After a few more adjustments I believe we will have what we have been looking for. my staff is finding the system very easy to learn and use. The support staff has been a pleasure to work with

Thanks Steve!
Tyler M.

“Great Software ”

OverallGreat software that really has helped with organization. As a supervisor and the owners it was hard to supervise if we happen to be out of town. Now with the software it has made our lives easier and we all know what is going on Day to day.

By Bolt Software Technology on May 2, 2017