Chatwork Ratings

Overall

About Chatwork

Collaboration tool that provides connection between teams to complete tasks through user management, file sharing and more. Learn more about Chatwork

Hobart S.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 20, 2016

“Chatwork Beats Email 90% of the Time”

OverallWe have all sorts of way to communicate available to us these days. But usually, when working with clients (I run a content-production company), I used to use email. It was easy to get to. It created a good record of conversations. It was easy to search. But... it... is... so... slow. I found out about Chatwork and started using it with one of my clients, and the entire nature of our communication changed. I guess I'd put it this way: email is a form of communication: Chatwork is a conversation. It's like texting, but you can do it from your desktop too. It does everything that email does (easy to use, get to, archive, search, etc). It just turns communication into conversation which, I think, helps me build stronger relationships with my clients. And for a freelancer, building those relationships is the key to creating long-term customers. I think email still has a place. I still use it. I just use it much less.
ProsI like the way Chatwork was easy to install, was immediately understandable, and enabled me to really start to talk with customers instead of exchanging messages. I don't always use Chatwork in real time. Sometimes I post a comment or a file or video or something in the middle to the conversation I'm having with someone, ask them to take a look at it, and post a comment when they're finished. It's a big help to be able to connect the file/video.etc directly to the conversation. What's cool about Chatwork too is that you can see exactly when and with whom you shared the document or whatever and, hopefully, what their reaction to it was.
ConsI guess I'm not terribly crazy about the overall interface. I think it looks a little drab. I'd like to see them make it a little cheerier. But I like the way you can put emoticons into the conversation to make sure the recipient is reading the post in the way you intended.
Recommendations to other buyersI just think most people are so used to using email that they are reluctant to switch to a chat service like Chatwork. It's funny because we use chat all the time on our phones (SMS) but don't make the leap and use it on our desktops too. It just changes the nature of communications for the better. People should've it a try.

By ChatWork on October 20, 2016
Glad to hear how often ChatWork beats email for you and your team and that you've found the product easy to use. Cheers!
October 20, 2016
Abimbola K.
Customer Support Team Lead
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2018

“Chatwork makes me work faster.”

Overall Primarily Chatwork has improved the speed with which we work in my organization :we now send more of real-time chat messages as against constantly exchanging emails within my organization. While also keeping us better organized by making it possible to save all of our information exchanges in one place and organize them by project or topic ,thereby simplifying the process of searching through them whenever we need to.
Pros I like the basic funtionalities Chatwork provides me at work ,enabling me exchange files easily with my fellow colleagues ,likewise have conversations on video calls.Its task management features has improved the speed at which I get tasks completed at work. I am also able to use Chatwork across different operating systems and different devices ,thereby providing me with ease of access : which is a key factor in the modern workplace ,where staffs are never static. Lastly,it integrates with my favorite browser - Chrome.
ConsThe task assignment functionality will be better designed as a checkbox.
September 12, 2018
Aaron Emmanuel G.
Software QA Associate
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees
April 10, 2018

“Chatwork Walk The Talk”

ProsFirst of all it's easy to install for Desktop and Mobile, even the web platform it's very easy to use if you are in an agile team you'll understand why this is an effective messaging system. I like the "My Chat" which you can send personal/private conversation for yourself, I mean if you have to remind yourself for some links to test or links for some tutorials. And my favorite function that Chatwork have is the Search bar, because whenever I need to find some credentials regarding our on going projects I just have to type a keyword regarding the topic/credentials I need to find.
ConsFor me sometimes the notification alert does not really work for my desktop as well with my mobile, that's why my teammate sometimes remind me that there's a message in our group chat at Chatwork.
April 10, 2018
September 4, 2018

“Chat to work!”

OverallIn overall, it is a usable messaging application. That allows you to communicate within the company. It also sends mail to remind you that you have unread messages.
Pros1. Easy to use. like the tagging of receiver of message in the group chat. 2. allowing me to select, copy or quote the message, then attached it to your reply. 3. Able to view all the messages from the start of the group chat, even if you join in the middle
Cons1. it has a limited number of group chat your allowed to join in. And that's the difficult part of using the application, because we have a lot of different group chat needed to join in. You need to upgrade first your subscription in order to join.
September 4, 2018
Matt C.
Vice President
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2016

“Move your team beyond e-mail with ChatWork”

OverallE-mail eliminator ChatWork has enabled me and other members of my team to reduce the volume of digital correspondence that would normally be a part of one project to almost nil. In addition, tasks are easily pulled out of messages and made visible to all, meaning nothing gets lost in the ether. Overall, it's a great way to be more efficient and move beyond e-mail effectively.
ProsThe ease of use means that that getting the team up to speed on its use didn't require extensive training.
ConsI have been able to forget a few team members' e-mail addresses since we use the platform more.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's great across multiple platforms and works well in the browser window should you not want to worry about having more apps running on your teams' devices.

By ChatWork on September 6, 2016
Thanks for the feedback, Matt. We hear that from other companies, too - that ChatWork either drastically reduces or eliminates email. Glad you've tried the product on our various platforms, too, and had a good experience while "on the go."
Akinori U.
President & CEO
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2016

“Making Communication Easy and Fun!”

OverallChatwork is fun and easy to use! One obvious advantage of chatwork is that you are released from daily stressful communication using e-mail. E-mail communication is already jurassic work style.

By ChatWork on August 30, 2016
We love how you describe email as "jurassic" implying that it's something back from ancient history. We believe that chat messaging is the new norm for communication at the work place and millions of businesses will start adopting tools like ChatWork for group collaboration.
Petya M.
web site developement and design
July 4, 2018

“I use it with at work, we are international team.”

OverallIt changed the way I chat!
ProsI like that, it was very easy to install the app. A reliable chat app is very important in any international team. One of the best things ( my opinion) is the search option. in most of the apps I have used - I had ti serach manually and it is not very fast or comfortable. With Chatwork is easier - I just write the necessary keyword and I see all the relevant content. So easy!
ConsIt happened ( to me also) the notifications to "notify" me a bit later, which is not even an issue, since I cehck my messages regularly.
July 4, 2018
December 18, 2018

“chat application for business purposes is so awesome”

Overallprofessional application. very good and really suit for business purposes.
Prosit allows you create your group chat and let's you tagged the recipient directly, so he/she will know that she/he has a message. and vise versa. it has a chat for yourself, if you want to type or ready your message for someone. so cool!
Consnothing negative in particular, coz it also have an mobile app, lets you communicate even your out of the office. It also allows you to read all previous messages, so you can catch up with the conversation. Its nice of it.
December 18, 2018
Tan D.
Project Leader
September 6, 2016

“Functions need to be improved”

Overall- Send message/emoticon/files ok - I like "To", "Quote" functions - Easy to use, clearly - Customer support is very good Need to improve functions: - Review of image attachments - Task management: need more task priority, task time constraints...
ProsGroup chat
ConsTask management

By ChatWork on September 7, 2016
Our team is currently working on improving some of the features and functionality of the product you mentioned. We look forward to your feedback in the near future!
Koichi K.
Assistant CEO
Management Consulting, 501-1000 employees
August 26, 2016

“Easy communication with oversea branches. ”

OverallWorking at an internationally company with employees all over the world, ChatWork's multi-language capabilities are very helpful.
ProsInviting multiple people are easily done using email adress or invitation Link, also all the files are'linked to the chat room which makes my life so much easier to look for the files I need.

By ChatWork on August 26, 2016
We're glad our product helps your global teams communicate better!
Thorn T.
Administration & Finance Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2016

“The best tool for working communication.”

Overallwe can share file or information through chatwork every easy. we can create group for communication.
Proscreate group, task assign and send files or photo
Consno
Recommendations to other buyersNo

By ChatWork on August 22, 2016
Thank you so much for the great review!
August 22, 2016
Clinton G.
VP of Corporate Development
Import and Export, 11-50 employees
August 18, 2016

“Great Collaboration Solution”

OverallOur teams are highly distributed around the globe with people in North America to Europe and beyond. Chatwork allows our teams to work closely together on projects, share documents and work together in real time. The advantages of a global team are obvious in completing work 24x7 but only if you have a collaboration system which is easy to install, users to learn and hooks to keep everyone working on it. Chatwork is an excellent system for any one wishing to improve productivity and accountability of a diverse work group.

By ChatWork on August 19, 2016
Happy to hear it helps your team around the world collaborate!
August 18, 2016
Scott T.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2016

“Great collaboration platform for startups”

OverallChatWork has been a very useful and convenient platform for communicating with both internal and external customers. It's also free to invite anyone, so very cost effective ;) It keeps a clean "Chat List" to easily organize all of your group or individual discussions, and additional features that are very helpful. It does take time to understand all of the features and applications, but definitely worth checking out, and excellent for early stage startups.

By ChatWork on September 7, 2016
Thank you for the fabulous feedback! Our customers seem to like that with ChatWork, unlike many of our competitors, you can invite both internal and external colleagues, happy you find this helpful as well. Because it's feature-rich we are dedicated to trying to provide additional trainings and personalized support to get customers up and running as quickly and easily as possible.
Tung T.
Ruby On Rails Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 10, 2018

“Review for Chatwork”

ProsChatwork is suitable to use in company or organization. The interface is simple and effective.
ConsSometimes, the server stop working and you can't use Chatwork on web or application.
October 10, 2018
Shelley P.
PR Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2016

“Chat App That Lightens My Inbox!”

OverallOverall, I've had great experiences using the ChatWork app! The app is easy to use and allows my team to take simple conversations out of email and into the app where more immediate and fluid conversations can take place. With teams across the globe, ChatWork makes it easy to communicate during client calls with team member who are located in other offices --- being able to send that quick note or link can be helpful to the full team!
ProsI like the ability to tag whoever I'm talking to. It saves people from getting constant notifications. I also appreciate the "task" tool.
Consn/a
Recommendations to other buyersThe ChatWork team is very responsive! Whenever I have questions, they are quick to answer.

By ChatWork on August 31, 2016
Happy to hear that it lightens your inbox! We hear that a lot from the customers that they prefer using ChatWork over email. Using ChatWork eliminates delays in communication with your colleagues.
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 27, 2019

“Less emails - faster team communications.”

ProsThis is a sort of hybrid between Skype and Trello. You can chat with your team, video call, and send files and media; but you can also view projects and assign tasks. It's a definite step-up from back and forth emails. I like the filesharing feature in particular because it lets you preview it within your browser and you can see all the files you've uploaded in one place. The chat is very intuitive and has all the necessary features like keyword search and "pinning" important messages for safekeeping. Plus there is a desktop version and it was easy to set up. Similar to Slack, you have a "My Chat" where you basically send yourself links and important notes.
ConsI would say the UI could use an update. It's a bit drab, at least in comparison to most modern chat platforms. The overall color scheme could be more vibrant.
April 27, 2019
Michael T.
Lab Technician
Research, 51-200 employees
August 31, 2016

“Great for Team Projects”

OverallI've found ChatWork to be a very intuitive tool that helps me communicate easily and track and complete projects more quickly.

By ChatWork on August 31, 2016
Hi Michael, good to know you find Chatwork intuitive to use with your team. We're here if you have any questions!
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
March 25, 2019

“Decent team communication tool”

ProsChatwork is a decent platform that gets the job done. Great for team communication and collaboration.
ConsThere are a lot of other options in this space. I think Chatwork definitely has some work to do to keep up, but overall not a bad tool.
March 25, 2019
Raymond S.
Key Account Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
August 23, 2016

“Much better than I expected.”

OverallI gave this a try and was very impressed. It was simple to set up and use, it had all the functionality I needed, and when I had a question it was very promptly answered.
ProsSimplicity and ease of use, plus high security.
ConsIt does not appear to integrate with my Google calendar yet.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat job, keep up the improvements.

By ChatWork on August 23, 2016
We're working on new product features and enhancements. Please look forward to them!
August 23, 2016
Belinda I.
Customer Service Rep
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“Better than email!”

OverallOverall, easy to use, helps to keep yourself in communication with co workers.
ProsIts like texting, but from your desktop, literally as the name says : "CHAT" easy to install.
ConsCant join to several group chats , however, you can share files through the chat.
October 23, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2018

“Useful but not Slack”

ProsIt is easy to chat and connect with coworkers on my fully remote team.
ConsI like ChatWork but we ended up choosing Slack because more people had used the program. It was really that simple.
December 7, 2018
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
December 17, 2018

“Chatwork”

ProsFor small teams, this chat tool is pretty good choise.
ConsIt's slightly expensive if you need really advanced features.
December 17, 2018
Toshikazu T.
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
August 19, 2016

“Great product. Simple and easy to use”

OverallI used Chatwork for both internal and external communication. It's very easy to use. I like the fact that it can be used for external communication as well.
ProsExternal communication. Ease of use. Video chat

By ChatWork on August 19, 2016
Glad you find it easy to use with everyone!
August 19, 2016