LEAP Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About LEAP

LEAP is an integrated legal practice and case management software for solo & small law firms wishing to become more efficient, flexible and profitable. It allows everyone in a small law firm to work collaboratively using a single integrated system that enables you to do more with the same number of people. Tools include but are not limited to automated document production, time recording, billing and legal and trust accounting. Learn more about LEAP

Lynn B.
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 2, 2019

“Formerly TurboLaw Billing Software”

OverallI have a negative attitude towards Leap in general because they interfered with the "good thing" I had with TurboLaw. I had several long telephone calls with Leap representatives to review all the functions that Leap has to offer, and I found that it was always much more than I was looking for in software for my small firm. I was very disappointed when Leap purchased TurboLaw and drastically increased the price without any grandfathering for existing TurboLaw customers.
ProsI really liked this billing system. I found that it was not overly complicated to use, and it had all the functionality I needed (plus some additional functions that I could have used, but didn't venture into). The billing software was previously TurboLaw before Leap purchased it, and the price was very reasonable for the product provided - reasonable monthly fee for relatively simple software base.
ConsWhen Leap purchased TurboLaw they more than tripled the monthly fee after just a few months. At that point, I went searching for a new billing system because it was too expensive for my small firm, and in my opinion, too expensive for what it had to offer. As a solo practitioner, I did not need anything fancy or expansive, and unfortunately Leap took this option away from me when they purchased TurboLaw.
September 2, 2019
Larry R.
Esq.
October 20, 2017

“LEAP sells you the product and stays with you until you are finished with your case. ”

OverallIn the standard computer software, that attorneys use they have to jump from one screen to the next to the next before their project can be completed, in LEAP you don't have to do that, you have everything in one single program, you have a trust accounting program, you have a time billing program, you have everything in one place, you don't have to go from one program to the next, one login one place one job, LEAP has everything I need to run my practice efficiently.
ProsLEAP's customer service is easy, responsive, and cordial. Unfortunately, in today's world, people don't understand the need to provide good services. Customer service has taken a back seat to sales in most companies. With most software, no one is helping you understand how to use the product properly. With LEAP, it's a different story.
ConsThere isn't anything I can say that I don't like. Prior to using LEAP I had to use 4 different programs, now I have it all in one system. I wish LEAP was available sooner.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that our training and customer service has exceeded your expectations. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
October 20, 2017
Frank M.
owner/attorney
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2016

“LEAP is the Future”

OverallLEAP is AWESOME! I am a solo practitioner, and LEAP provides me with the ability and appearance of a mid-size firm. From LEAP's professional looking Invoices; to the ease of creating forms and templates; to providing an easy way to track and log my billable time; to the ability to email, fax, create letters, and PDFs with a simple click of a mouse that makes the annoying task of sending correspondence a thing of the past. LEAP makes law office practice and management fun. LEAP's team of professionals like Amy Marinho and Terrance Morgan are just a phone call or an email away. They are always there to help you, by making training on LEAP fun and easy. They quickly responding to any questions you may have in regard to LEAP. I feel that Amy and Terrance are part of my law firm staff, and as a solo practitioner that feels great. Amy once said to me "anything is possible with LEAP!" that is so true! I made a great decision to become an Attorney; I made another great decision by getting LEAP! What are you waiting for... GET LEAP!
ProsI love the ease of the forms and template creation. The simple way LEAP allows you to track and log my time and the itemizing of the services provided on a given matter. Invoices are created with great ease and look very professional. LEAP makes the accounting aspect of law firm practice simple to track.
ConsOne con, why didn't the creators of LEAP have a program to make law school fun and easy!?

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that our forms and templates are increasing your firm's productivity. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
August 28, 2016
July 11, 2018

“As a solo practitioner, LEAP has cut my administrative time down significantly!”

ProsThe program is easy to use and provides everything you need as a solo practitioner. Documents, accounting, etc. are provided and integration is generally free of errors, so everything done on a file is kept within the file. Customer service is great and the account managers are always available and knowledgeable. The help chat is great. Integration with Outlook and other Office software is very convenient (Microsoft Word is another story, but LEAP's integration is great).
ConsThere are some documents that I would anticipate being available that are not, although most documents are available. Interface online is very different from app interface, although most work is done on app. Mobile is generally very good, but with some updating glitches and inability to input data into Outlook.
July 11, 2018
Denise N.
Law Practice, Unspecified
June 13, 2018

“Sea Change”

OverallWe have benefited both in productivity, risk management and increased revenues from better capturing time.
ProsThe absolute completeness of it from both a practicing perspective and a business perspective. As an attorney who also runs the business side, I am appreciative of the level of detail on both sides. Although LEAP is significantly more expensive than other programs, it more than pays for itself, if you utilize the functionality. USE IT ALL.
ConsBecause of its completeness, it can be complicated to learn, even for sophisticated users. We are a pretty computer savvy bunch and were able to get up and running with the support LEAP provides. Prepare for a learning curve.
June 13, 2018
Heather L.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
June 8, 2017

“The complete software package for your firm needs.”

OverallOrganization that is priceless.
ProsThe accounting side is excellent and allows to have real-time accounting and trust balances at fingertips. The app also allows you to have a digital copy of the hard case file at a click away.
ConsThe occasion lag between Microsoft products connecting. This does not happen often and usually has to do with updates needing to happen within Microsoft.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product that has everything needed to run a small law firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
June 8, 2017
Blair J.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2017

“It started out well and ended with a bust”

OverallWe are trying to cancel/terminate our contract.
ProsThe platform is attractive and simple, extremely affordable when compared with other similar SAAS modalities
ConsLEAP is still tethered to the premise model; they offered us to purchase 3 new PC stations to encourage us to move from our Mac office to a PC office because their browser version has serious deficiencies when compared to the premise. Though, is the customer service who, after now 2+ months of informing them that we would not accept their cash offer we are still being billed on a monthly basis. We have had to file a claim with AMEX to reject all past and future billings by LEAP to avoid interest and fees. Still, no one has contacted us back to correct this. Our LEAP consultant who trained us (the only one we have a phone # for - no accounting services available by phone) keeps saying he's passing on our messages to billing but who knows. We left a smaller group to be with a more robust organization (which LEAP is) but of course, now we don't know who to talk to when problems emerge. Don't go with these guys, you will regret it.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product and the service we provide. We apologize for any problems that arose during the initial stages of your implementation process. Ultimately, we were able to settle your firm¿s account with amicably were disappointed that your firm was unable to continue with LEAP but wish you the best moving forward.
August 16, 2017
Sarah S.
Law Clerk
May 26, 2019

“Best comprehensive legal software available”

OverallLEAP has a dedicated problem solving area in the company which makes any teething issues able to be quickly resolved. Software is customisable and relevant to a wide range of legal areas.
ProsEase of use, simple access to all files loaded in system, ability to change file types based on matter
ConsCan be slow when connecting with the cloud
May 26, 2019
Niko K.
Paralegal
August 9, 2017

“EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING AND A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY”

OverallNever do business with company unless you have a strictly HP office and are not a heavy Apple / MAC computer based office. They will tell you that the software is compatible but you will not be able to use the software on a MAC as a main computer. You will also be prevented from canceling and will not have access to anyone who is remotely helpful in resolving your situation . You will be told that you must purchase an HP in order to make the software work and you will then find that even with an HP you will not be able to use your MAC with this software.
ProsThe promises that the software offered were wonderful and had they worked we would have been extremely pleased with what the software was supposed to do to help with time management and record keeping. Unfortunately, nothing that we were told came to fruition and we were left with a hefty bill and no support and when we tried to cancel we were told that we could not cancel...
ConsThe software is NOT compatible with Apple. Customer support was not helpful in fixing any of the issues. There were a lot of unfulfilled promises. The "money back" guarantee is a joke... They will NOT return money or honor their own contracts. We have to take them to court in order to make them honor the contract that they created and we signed.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
We apologize for any problems that arose during the LEAP implementation process. Ultimately, LEAP made many efforts to settle your account but your firm was unresponsive. We provide all firms considering investing in LEAP with a copy of the LEAP¿s system requirements when they receive their LEAP order form. The system requirements detail all programs that integrate with LEAP as well as the settings that are necessary for installation. LEAP is committed to providing world-class service and was disappointed that we were unable to work with your firm moving forward.
August 9, 2017
Karina L.
August 23, 2017

“online chat box never works & there is a 24 hr delay in response to support req's. ”

Prosonce you get someone to help they are great templates are very helpful billing & time keeping is great & synchs with iphone - love that being networked with my staff & being able to login from anywhere is great
Consit's clunky you can't start an email outside of LeAP & then attach a document; it has to be generated from a matter - not practical also cannot grab documents from matters to upload to court for filings - they have to be downloaded and then saved outside of LeAP and then security has to be removed - it's a pain for us e-filers clients with more than one matter do not get linked - submatters are totally separate matter; again, not practical esp for accounting and bookkeeping

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. We provide our LEAP users many resources to help troubleshoot and assist with any training related queries. Our in-house LEAP Consultants can also provide Best Practice sessions. The LEAP Community offers training videos, troubleshooting services, and our Live Chat service. Our Live Chat allows you to quickly connect with a representative that can assist you in fully utilizing LEAP. You can visit the LEAP Community and access our Live Chat support at: https://community.leap.us/s/support-US.
August 23, 2017
Bashi H.
Lawyer
Legal Services, Self-employed
August 15, 2018

“Shonky support services, right hand does not know the left”

OverallBusiness problems - they removed my email account for a year while I was sick and now are pretending they dont know what happened to it. I most likely have email communications on that email account that are lost forever but LEAP is not even remotely interested. As a lawyer, it comes as a complete fail in terms of reliability, security etc
ProsSome convenience and use, initial set and sweet talking by the sales team
ConsCloud services keep dropping out. The critical feature being integrated outlook and document management services completely fail most of the time and dont work in bad weather. Once you are locked into a 3 year contract, the support services are absolutely crap, so you spend a lot of money trying to get IT consultants in to help do LEAP's work. Really not worth it at all. They need some competition. They are inflexible with changes and they really have no internal coherence whatsoever.
August 15, 2018
Bryan D.
December 21, 2015

“LEAP was a great choice for our Firm”

OverallOur Firm is a relatively small law firm with 3 attorneys, but we do a wide variety of legal work. Our diversity made finding a case management software that would allow us to handle cases from litigation to real estate transactions and everything in-between, a daunting task. At one point we considered each attorney using a separate case management software for their practice area and an additional software for our billing and accounting, that is, until we found LEAP. LEAP allows us the flexibility to practice in our own separate and distinct legal areas while also maintaining a single source for billing and accounting. Their integrated closing disclosure form fits right in with our real estate transaction needs. Prior to LEAP we were forced to use an additional software solution for all of our title and closing services. Our overall experience has been great. Their continual service and availability has made the transition to LEAP not just tolerable, but enjoyable.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that LEAP made billing and accounting easier for your firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
December 21, 2015
Hanna S.
Associate
June 19, 2018

“LEAP has made my work so much more efficient”

OverallThis software makes me more efficient at work as I am able to do multiple things such as drafting mtions, writing emails, and billing for time all from one platform.
ProsI love that is so easy to use. I love that we can e-mail, write motions, write letters, fax, and calendar all through one platform. Our LEAP representative has been super attentive, they always answer our emails super quickly. The representative has visited our office on numerous occasions and is always so helpful, they are a great teacher, and is efficient at solving our problems.
Consthe fact that I cannot calendar from the Mobile Application is something that hinders my ability to calendar remotely and from court.
June 19, 2018
Ma'isha A.
Esquire
November 30, 2015

“LEAP makes my practice streamlined and efficient”

OverallUntil I started using LEAP, I was using multiple platforms to run my small firm. This was not an optimal solution at all. It was very time consuming searching for information relating to one matter from different places. After attending a CLE presentation and hearing all the wonderful things LEAP was capable of, I contacted them as soon as I could. However, after viewing a demo of LEAP, it was love at first sight. Now with LEAP installed, my practice is streamlined and efficient. The automated document production feature and the ability to bill my clients on the go is life changing! The use of this product has allowed everyone in my office to have the ability to be more effective and we now have the capability to invoice for time that we never did before. The Paralegal in my office said where has this been my whole life?

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
November 30, 2015
Erik M.
May 6, 2016

“LEAP has become the core of my entire office”

OverallI've been using LEAP for about 6 months now and it has become the core of every aspect of my practice. LEAP makes it easy to keep paperwork organized and easy to access and I am now virtually a paper-free office. Honestly, this software does everything. Whether I need to write a quick e-mail or reconcile my trust account, LEAP is perfectly designed to handle it. LEAP can be intimidating but the customer service is fantastic. People are always available on the phone to answer questions. Their chat option is good also for times when you may be stuck on a simple problem. I highly recommend LEAP for anyone, especially if you are interested in reducing the volume of paper in your office.

May 6, 2016
Cassandra S.
February 4, 2016

“Well worth the investment!!!”

OverallI have used LEAP for about four months. It is fabulous. The fact that my billing has increased by 30% because the system facilitates capturing every service provided to the client makes the investment well worth the money. In addition, the customer service is great. Despite the fact that LEAP is very user friendly, we hit a few road bumps at the beginning. The tech team responded promptly and each was knowledgeable and friendly. My staff loves the program because it keeps us all on the same page. I know what has happened in each file simply by opening the file in LEAP. LEAP where have you been all of my life!

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
February 4, 2016
Heather L.
Business Manager
May 11, 2016

“It was an extremely easy transition for our firm to switch. ”

OverallThere are so many aspects of this software that helps in the day to day operations. Everyone in the firm stays up to date and it has definitely helped in keeping things organized.

By LEAP on April 2, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!
May 11, 2016
Laura G.
Solicitor
Law Practice, Self-employed
July 22, 2019

“Three months on, still learning”

OverallI had LEAP for over 2 months, but I am learning very slowly. Each time that I try to work with LEAP there is a reason why I have to leave it, while I wait for assistance or try to find a video to demonstrate. Most videos show the screen very slow, and as they go at a fast pace, I find them difficult to follow. In the end, I have to get on with work, and I go back to the traditional way.
ProsHaving all people's information at hand, and figures.
ConsPrecedents, and attachments. All precedents that I have tried to use, i would have to pay for. The attachments, get sent through Law Connect, which makes them very difficult to open for some clients.
July 22, 2019