Keystroke POS Software Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Keystroke POS Software

Keystroke Advanced POS is the ultimate POS system for serious retailers and businesses with specialized automation needs. Whether you operate a small startup retail store, a multi-location chain, or a well established distribution business with retail and wholesale customers make Keystroke Advanced POS the cornerstone of your business automation solution Learn more about Keystroke POS Software

Sherry G.
Retail, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2018

“25 Years with Keystroke and LOVE IT!”

OverallThe main benefit of using Keystroke POS is not having to worry about the software, not having to constantly have someone out to fix it, having it work all the time and well. Keystroke is a POS system that is reliable, intuitive, and able to handle large numbers of SKUs. I once had a networking guy over to my store who asked me why I didn't run my sales through QuickBooks and I thought, "Are you nuts?" I don't have time to mess around with a point of sales program that is slow and weird. Keystroke is straight forward, easy to learn, easy to use, and becomes a program you rely heavily upon running a face paced business. We have had internet outages, credit card terminal outages, computer hard drives fall apart - you name it over the last 25 years - but Keystrok always works. And it is wonderful to have a point of sales software that ALWAYS works! I had an employee that took a part time job working for a large, national retail store and she was shocked at the difference between our streamlined POS process and what they were doing in her second job. You hear about businesses getting caught with their pants down because they didn't keep their software up to date. Keystroke POS doesn't do that - as long as you keep your subscription updated you are good to go and right up with the latest in PCI compliance for CC transactions. Keystroke works with the Genius terminals from Apple, so your customers can come in and swipe their phone over the terminal and charge the sale to their iPhone or Samsung, among other features. Keystroke also works with a number of other options, but we use the Genius and again, have had almost no problems with it, because that works so well and is so stable. Another thing about Keystroke is that their support is right up there with the best. They don't hang you out to dry. You know what that's like when you've got a problem with a piece of software and then it turns out that you've got to fix ANOTHER problem in order to make the first thing work right? Keystroke doesn't do that. It works and they have thought of everything for you. You call in to their support and they are ON IT. They will even remote in to fix your computer's issues, if necessary. Very professional, courteous, friendly support. Can't say enough about the software because it is that good.
ProsThe thing I love the most about Keystroke POS is that it works. It works and works and works without breakdowns, bugs, or problems. Were it not for changes in the credit card industry one could have kept going endlessly with their original copy. They have WONDERFUL customer service support and anyone who says otherwise is full of beans. They are VERY friendly, competent, and they DO remote in to your computer to fix things for you. The greatest thing about Keystroke is that it is easy-peasy to learn, easy, easy to train employees to use, and it takes care of everything in one program, even works with QuickBooks. Another strong, strong point about Keystroke is that it is the best program for a business with loads of inventory. We've got 8000 different SKUs and it is so easy to use. Works well with ecommerce, keeps track of house accounts, does the billing - it's FANTASTIC. What do I like the most? Everything.
ConsNo cons. It works. I use this for both my brick and mortar walk-in store and for my online sales and it meets all of my needs and is a fantastic software. Thank you, Keystroke, for making a wonderful software that I have been able to base my business on for the last 25 years.
May 15, 2018
David K.
May 5, 2018

“The POS that wont break but customer support and reporting is archaic ”

ProsTo be honest I've been using this POS for 20 years and the thing just runs and runs. As long as our server is running we are good we are good.
ConsThe Customer service is pretty bad. When you call them, which is only regular office hours in Colorado they dont seem friendly. If you have an issue they will walk you thru it but they will not remote in so you are fumbliing around taking screenshots sending it to them and then call them or wait for your email to go thru. So 80's style of customer service. One person did help me by his voice he seemed younger than the other staff he did remote in to help me fix it but I dont think they allow him to do that anymore. When I attempted to move to a new pos system and had tech support from the new pos company call that was the fist comment, they really dont seem personable. Anyways he could not get info on how to get up converted over so the new pos system tech support had to figure out how to exact the inventory from Keystoke. Long story short the new pos system didnt work out so we upgrade our keystoke and we've been using this. I am searching for a new pos The reporting is like using DOS, its not straight forward at all. The system does not integrate with any shopping cart. I think they have something they worked on but from what I understand it's super clunky. Im going to get some backlash with keystoke for sure by letting you know all the issue I have with this pos but I dont want you or anyone getting on board and being stuck like I am.
May 5, 2018
Brett K.
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2018

“It's out dated , customer service is horrible, reporting is like working with an 90's machine.”

ProsIt's stable but other than that I would not recommend this product to any of my peers.
ConsCustomer support usually are not really helpful with a sense of your are bothering me tone. The reporting is so hard to use, I've worked for small mom and pop to corporate retailers and this by far one of the hardest to use. Doing returns is clumsy , the inventory is not always 100% the system sometimes does not take it out of the system. I noticed it and started monitoring it and it's amazing that for some reason it's sometime does not take out the quantity. I've talked to the owner and we may of found a new POS, but Keystroke will not let us access the database so we are spending extra money to have another POS tech support help us export all the info we need. Crazy. Stay away from this company, we've been in stuck using this and it's a daily frustration. It does not integrate to anything that is on the market .
August 14, 2018
Gabriela R.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
April 4, 2018

“Easy to use, fast and reliable”

Overall practical sales management and inventory control
Prosneed minimal employee training, easy to use for sales , quotes , customer reports, inventory,Instant access to complete transaction history for customers.
ConsThere isn't much I can complain about just need more training because there is a lot of features that can help my job run smother
April 4, 2018
Beth B.
HR Coordinator
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2018

“KeyStroke”

OverallThe benefit of having inventory at your finger tips was nicest part of this system.
ProsThat it tracked your inventory at the same time as your sales. Made doing yearly inventory way easier.
ConsIt is very time consuming to have to go into the inventory part of the system to put in an item while trying to do a sale if the item was not already in inventory. Was easier to just sell the item and then go back later and put it in. Of course you then were selling an item that you technically didn't have!
November 14, 2018
Ramzy R.
Vp
Tobacco, 1-10 employees
January 5, 2017

“Keystroke is a great product ”

OverallSo we've been using keystroke for over 6 years now and we are satisfied with the ease of use and functionality.
ProsEase of use
ConsSome inventory separating capability features are not available.
Recommendations to other buyersOverall very satisfied!
January 5, 2017