Nimbus Note Ratings

Overall

About Nimbus Note

Create and edit notes, save web pages, customize screenshots, and instantly share them with your coworkers. Learn more about Nimbus Note

Scott F.
Owner/Operator
Internet, 1-10 employees
October 12, 2017

“My new, favorite go-to note taking and checklist application for my PC and my Smartphone/Tablet”

OverallNimbus Note allows me to make notes about ANYTHING on my computer, smartphone or tablet, and have them synchronized across all those devices in realtime. So when I take notes about a project or a phone call I just took on my office phone line, and leave the office for an appointment, those notes are also available on my phone when I leave. The tagging and categories features allow for easy searching of my notes too.
ProsI love that this program gives me a version for the computer AND my smart devices that stays synchronized in realtime. You can get a lot done with the 5MB of space they give you for free as well, so long as you don't get too heavy on images. There are lots of font and formatting options within the application, including inline image displays.
ConsThe to-do list features are a bit lacking. For example, you can create a note, but each note has a separate task list that isn't part of the note's body. There is no way to make a note that is JUST a to-do list that you can checkoff as you go using the full width of the screen or note. It would also be nice if you could link this program to your existing cloud storage solution (Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.) for storing images attached to notes as well as for backup/restore operations. Having a screen capture utility is great, but they don't have an image editor to let you annotate your screenshots. Currently I have to use 2 programs (Numbus Note and PicPick) to get ALL my work done. The price tag is also quite high for what this program does and the lack of additional cloud sync and options. If this program integrated EVERYTHING in my CON list I would happily pay the monthly rate.
October 12, 2017
Shannon C.
Virtual Support Specialist / Owner
January 19, 2018

“Not just for taking notes...love it!”

OverallThis is the first product I've found that enables me to pull full or particle articles from the web and store them in folders for later review. I use it daily.
ProsWhat I love most about Nimbus Note is that it's not just for note taking. I review a lot of articles daily for course study. I needed a way to extract pertinent information to review at a later time. Nimbus Note has an add-on that allows you to clip full or fragments of articles that are then saved to Nimbus Note. It's helpful to have all of the articles in one place and separated into folders where I can go back and review later.
ConsWhen adding articles to Nimbus Note, the link to the original article isn't included, only a link to Nimbus Note where the extracted article has been placed. It would be great to have the original article link in case I need to go back for a review.
January 19, 2018
Terry R.
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
February 10, 2017

“I depend on this product daily”

OverallI tried several competing products and decided on Nimbus Note to manage all the info that comes at me all day long. It syncs notes across all your devices. It allows tagging notes and organizing into folders. I especially like the horizontal line formatting feature which I use to separate multiple notes-within-notes - like if I choose to use only one note to collect notes from multiple meetings related to one project. Some things that could use improvement: I use outlining/numbered lists in notes all the time. There seems to be no shortcut for increasing/decreasing the indent, so you have to go to the mouse, click a button, click back on your text - every time you want to indent your bullets. Also bullets/numbered lists aren't even available in the mobile versions.

By Nimbus Web on February 10, 2017
Hello Thank you for review. We have some of your requested features in our to-do. Thanks
February 10, 2017
Jovan M.
Performance Marketing Specialist
11-50 employees
June 27, 2018

“When you need ”

ProsI started with Nimbus screenshot, but very soon I become a fun of Nimbus Note. Now I can add all my notes, screenshots, to-do's etc. in one easy to use task manager. Sharing documents and files is very easy.
ConsSometimes bugs happen very often between Nimbus addon and Nimbus Note. Also sometimes search feature cannot match my query in the document.
June 27, 2018
Diana S.
Metallurgical engineer
Machinery, 1001-5000 employees
January 2, 2019

“Good to take notes of everything”

ProsWhat I like about nimbus Note is that this tool allows me to take note about anything that really is very useful for your personal life or for the work in addition synchronizes very well with my computer or tablet phone she will be able to take screenshots and edit them and then allow you to share them How images and add pending tasks is very useful for all our needs
ConsI do not like that there are limited ways to customize to edit the notes for example without color or font size in the end it took me time to know all its functions but it really fulfills its main function
January 2, 2019
Andrea S.
graphic designer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2018

“THE APPLICATION FULFILLS”

Prosexcellent a very good alternative for those who do not want to use more other similar apps it is multiplatform, free (it has a paid pro version), it allows to order notes by different criteria, folders, subfolders, has tags, etc.
ConsThis very well, but in the synchronization does not change the name of the folders when I use it from the pc, the name that comes by default in the mobile comes out. It lags a lot and the configuration is changed in the pc app. I can not see which folder or sub folder each note belongs to, nor the labels it carries.
December 5, 2018
Beverly A.
freelance writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 18, 2018

“GREAT NOTE TAKER”

ProsNimbus Note is an easy software for taking notes, whether they are personal or business. This software is perfect for me. I do not have to take all day typing my notes and then wondering how to retrieve them. Nimbus Note is a simple yet efficient note software with just a simple click. Nimbus is simple and quick. You can type your to do list, task, and plans for anything you want. Nimbus Note give you the choice to tag your notes and share them with friends and colleagues.
ConsNeeds more updates, other than that its a perfect note taker.
October 18, 2018
Leyniker Raul R.
system engineer
Market Research, 51-200 employees
November 21, 2018

“Nimbus Note magnificent”

Prosvery good alternative to Evernote. You have many options to classify the notes, including labels and folders. reminders, shared notes, multiplatforms and decent space in the free version.
Consat the moment I like it a lot, I'm testing it
November 21, 2018
Dunia M.
Client Success Hero
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 13, 2018

“Useful for sharing screenshots with clients!”

ProsI love how easy it is to take a screenshot and edit it right away, then share it as an image on Intercom. It makes interacting with clients a lot easier and an over all better experience for our team.
ConsTook me some time to play around with it enough to get completely comfortable but it was worth it.
October 13, 2018
Indralal N.
Doctor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
May 21, 2019

“ideal cross platform note taking, to do listing software.”

Proseasy categorization with hierarchy folder system, and hashtag search. OCR function is great.
Consnothing much, but I would like if he interface is beautiful like other note taking software.
May 21, 2019
Pascale S.
Client Support Specialist

“LOve this!”

ProsNimbus Note is definitely one of my favorite and most used Chrome Extensions, it works on all of my devices too not just the desktop computer.
ConsIt would be nice if it didn't require so many additional "clicks" to save something. Seems slightly counter-intuitive.
Rachelle D.
Certified Health Coach
August 1, 2018

“Convenient yet easy to use”

ProsThat I can utilize it on or off line. It updates and saves right on my computer. I can take notes while listening to a webinar.
ConsThere isn't anything I really don't like about it. Once you understand how to start and save it is a breeze to use. I wish I found it years ago.
August 1, 2018
Deep S.
sr. software developer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 10, 2018

“Nimbus notes is an good option to save your notes and access it anywhere.”

ProsNimbus notes unless other tools allow very easy categorisation of notes. It provides access control in shairing the files. It can also be used for private purpose there is no boundation of minimum of 2 devices.
ConsThere are very limited style and font versions for editing the notes.
August 10, 2018
Mirela C.
Junior Web Developer
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“Overall good.”

OverallGreat, thanks.
ProsHierarchical folders Import notes from Evernote No bugs Search is fast. No type/search ahead; type search phrase, hit enter to get results. Editor is full fledged, easy to use, no quirks. Nimbus is worth checking out. Highly recommended.
ConsThey don't have an image editor to let you annotate your screenshots. There are limited ways to style/edit your notes (no font colors or sizes for example). Bullets/numbered lists aren't even available in the mobile versions. There is no linux version
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2018

“Perfect Solution when you need to capture info directly from the web”

ProsSometimes we use it for notes, sometimes to capture screen - always simple, always easy to integrate across platforms, user friendly, keeps our teams efficient!
ConsI wish they would develop a way to capture video from website but probably copyright limitations are prohibitive
October 15, 2018