MassageBook Ratings

Overall

About MassageBook

For the massage professional: MassageBook is a web based desktop, mobile and tablet practice management software solution to help professional massage therapists and bodyworkers achieve business success by simplifying scheduling, marketing, & online business functions. For the consumer of massage and bodywork services: MassageBook is the leading national directory of professional massage therapists, simplifying the process of finding and booking local massage therapists. Learn more about MassageBook

Toby M.
October 8, 2019

“Everything I want, Nothing I don't”

OverallWe've used 3 other booking software options in our massage careers, and MB is by far the easiest, most affordable, and comprehensive of all of the software options we've ever encountered. I would NEVER refer anyone to another company for the product I'm utilizing.
ProsMassageBook provides the best platform for booking our clientele that we've found. Literally everything our business needs from service options, addons, gift certificates, Square credit card integration, and more is included for an absolutely irresistible price. The customer service has always gotten back to us in less than 24 hours (only on weekends) and immediately the next morning. The fact that I can use this as accounting software as well is the most convenient thing possible.
ConsThere are some glitches here and there with text reminders that are very quickly resolved by the support staff and the database full of articles of problem-resolution. The only other thing that needs integration is being able to see the text messages that are sent out, being able to edit any of the materials in the client information, and lastly, getting Gift Certificates introduced to the Mobile App!
October 8, 2019
David O.
January 31, 2019

“Just What I Need To Manage My Practice”

OverallI think that Massagebook really - and quite brilliantly - crosses the chasm that is often never, truly crossed by many companies out there: they connect the ever-ellusive Benefits of [a] Service with its Features. They are massage therapy practitioner-centric - we are their Clients (as well as their Customers) - delivering functional, beautiful, intuitive, and comprehensive services that are needed and desired most by massage therapy practitioners. I stay because I feel like they have and continue to develop the software Just For Me. I like that :D
ProsMassagebook is a complete software solution for my sole-proprietorship - detailed reports and appropriate and sane-levels of engagement with my clients are both built into Massagebook, two very important aspects of running my business. Their mobile-accessibility - for both business-owner and its customers - is impeccable. The marketing and promotional components are integrated very well into the CMS function. Their payment portal only gets better and better - rates are fair, Referral Fees (from MB-domain-originated promotion, of which I have garnered several New customers) are nominal. Their business Goals of making things "easy" is apparent in their Customer Service: knowledgeable, persistent, easily- and readily-accessible, and in the new Features they roll out on a regular basis. The cost for their service is definitely worth paying - basically: it pays for itself in the time & money it saves me doing it "the old way". I feel like everyone at Massagebook cares about the success of my massage therapy practice - from the regular emails from rep and the Massagebook Team to their blogs about How To maximize the use and benefits of the software to make my practice management Better, I learn more and more not only How to use the software, but also Why. They've really nailed down Delivering Value, and I am a loyal customer because I know they're interaction with me as a customer helps me be a better massage therapist AND businessperson.
ConsAs with most software subscriptions out there, there are features that I could use more of in my practice - but Massagebook is ALWAYS working to make the current ones Better and develop new ones for the benefit of the majority of its users. Over the 5 years I've been with Massagebook, they always seem to come through, albeit at the cost of time. I will always wish for a Perfect Product, and the Massagebook Team has and will always rise to the challenge by hearing my suggestions and requests and moving toward a more-efficient and easy software to use.
January 31, 2019
Martin R.
Owner - Massage practice
October 26, 2017

“Amazing, easy to use product that does everything my practice needs.”

OverallMy practice has never been easier to manage and I've never been busier. The MassageBook directory sends me a couple of new clients each month. That and having emails go out to clients that heaven't been in to see me in a while keep me busy and not needing to do much marketing.
ProsAfter looking at and trying two other scheduling solutions, (Full Slate/Artichoke) an MT friend suggested I look at MassageBook. This software is the JAM. :-) It does everything I need it to and I found it really easy to understand. Everything else I've seen or used was missing something and I had to find yet *another* solution to get everything I needed working. (Like email campaigns or Gift Certificates) I now open exactly ONE piece of software to run my practice each day. When I'm on the go or do an occasional outcall, I use the mobile app to manage my schedule or check a client out. Even my personal Google calendar is displayed on my MassageBook schedule and make sure I don't create any conflicts. Can't say how many times this has saved my butt. I use pretty much all the features - really good SOAP notes I can draw on, full client records on everything, email campaigns, and automated emails, reminders, Gift Certificates, the website and of course the scheduling. It's seriously like I have a full time assistant that I pay $30 a month for. I've trained about 90% of my clients to book online now - and they absolutely love it. I've noticed more of them are coming in more regularly and are booking their appointments online at night. Good stuff. Support is absolutely awesome. I've even gotten responses back over the weekend. Love that I can kick off a live chat from right within the software if I have any questions. So happy!
ConsIt seems like they're working on adding features all the time. They update the software every couple of weeks. Things like having a shared account for two people with the same email address was on my wish list for a while, but that came out in the Spring, so I'm currently out of things I wish they'd add. Except for insurance billing. That would be the icing on the cake...
October 26, 2017
Helen F.
July 10, 2017

“Many features for a great price. Fairly easy to use. Customer service is responsive.”

ProsThis is a FULL package that also has accounting abilities and email marketing built right in. for booked appointments, Both email and text confirmations are sent to clients and therapists. I have multiple rooms and one room that shares different types of services- so I now have the ability to reserve rooms for specific services so the potential for booking over someone else's use of the room is eliminated. It has been a great experience so far , and the trouble that I have encountered was quickly addressed by customer service-( I love the instant chat feature) and every effort was made to solve the problem. I would recommend it highly as both a startup system and a for a business that has grown and has more than one therapist. and room.
ConsIt is sometimes not so intuitive as to "where" to look for the information you want. It can be fairly slow too. I would love to have a a feature to book "back to back" appointments for online bookings or to "add services" to a booked service so that there is no enforced gap between these types of appointments, such that a sauna ( 20 min) booked with a massage ( 60 min) could be seen as two consecutive appointments with no 15 min recovery time in between.
July 10, 2017
Danielle M.
November 1, 2017

“Great software for my business and amazing customer service!”

ProsMassageBook has everything I need to run my massage business the right way. It's really easy to use and has some great features that have enabled me to grow my business in ways I wouldn't have been able to do if I wasn't using this software. The features I especially love are SOAP Notes and Client Intake Forms as they save my staff and I so much time each day. I also love being on the MassageBook directory as this brings us in many new clients that I would otherwise need to spend money on advertising to source. MassageBook is very affordable no matter how big or small your practice is. I've been using MassageBook since I first started my business over 4 years ago and am still using it to this day. Their customer support is also second-to-none. I always get a reply to my questions and the team are friendly and always happy to help me when needed. Also, I love that I can pick up the phone and talk to a 'real human' too! All-in-all, I really believe MassageBook has contributed to my business's success massively. I highly recommend it for any massage therapist, whether just starting out or looking to transition.
November 1, 2017
Jyoti R.
August 18, 2018

“A Personal Assistant for my business”

OverallMassageBook pretty much revolutionized my experience of running a massage practice single-handed. Prior to MB, I tried the free versions of several different booking systems. None of them came close to what MB offers. The first 2 or so years, I used the free version, which was perfectly adequate. At a certain point I decided to go for the full subscription and couldn't be happier with what I get for that. A couple of the big benefits are good marketing tools, and top tier customer service - a godsend on busy days when I go brain-dead over a simple task and reach out for help. I've always been helped very quickly, even when the issue has been something I could easily have resolved myself by using their excellent Ask MassageBook section.
ProsFairly simple to set up and start using. Help has always been at hand along the way with stellar customer support and a really useful community knowledge base/suggestions forum. Improvements are frequently being made, and many of them are based on feedback from users. To my knowledge, there has been no downtime or major glitches during my several years of using this software.
ConsThe mobile app is missing some of the features I would like to be able to use on the fly, such as seeing a client's intake form, or a review a client has left.
August 18, 2018
Donna B.
Owner/LMT
September 18, 2018

“Best software out there”

OverallI cant rave enough about Massagebook! I got sinked into a Mindbody trial after being with Massagebook for a year and it was absolutely horrible in that it was geared towards hairstylists. I got rid of Mindbody very quickly and will never leave Massagebook. Customer support is amazing, pleasant and patient . Cant beat it!
ProsI love that it is designed by and for massage therapists. I love the intake forms, the Autopilot for reminders emails for clients, birthday emails and just about anything else one would want to create for a campaign. I love everything about it and how simple it makes my life. All the marketing options, sales tracking, integration with my Google calendar etc. Support staff is great and very knowledgable.
ConsThe only negative thing is that in the automatic email after clients first appointment requesting a review there is no way to request a Google review or insert a link to my Google listing. I hate asking clients in person to give a review, but I dont feel that the Massagebook reviews help much if I cant get the client from google to Massagebook via reviews.
September 18, 2018
Jennifer G.
Owner/Therapist
June 5, 2019

“EVERYTHING YOU NEED”

OverallThe customer service is EXCELLENT. There is always a knowledgeable & friendly customer service rep to answer my call or instant message. My issues are always resolved. The best part is that this company always seems to be working toward on new and improved features, keeping up with today's demands on the practitioner. I feel like I have all the tools I need to maintain and thrive my practice, especially since I do not consider myself to be an entreprenuerial guru. Thsi software allows me to spend more time doing what I love- massaging and taking genuine care of my clients.
ProsThe SOAP note anatomical charting feature is excellent for keeping track of a client's biomechanical issues. I love that I have the choice to either simply write in the SOAP chart, or use the "drawing" features to mark problem areas on an anatomically correct figure anteriorly & posteriorly. The business and marketing features are built in and make it easy for me to keep track of bookkeeping and marketing. This software is truly a one-stop-shop for a practitioner's business needs!
ConsThe intake for is not truly customizable
June 5, 2019
Sam R.
Member/Owner
November 2, 2017

“Great foundation, needs some tweaks”

OverallReliable online scheduling and payment for massage appointments and gift certificates. Online SOAP notes linked to client info records. Automated email marketing and follow-up.
ProsEasy to use and highly functional, MassageBook meets almost all of my needs. Scheduling system is reliable, and syncs with Google calendar so I can keep business and personal separate, while preventing conflicts. Online SOAP notes connected to client record is great. The pre-fab automatic follow-up email campaigns have brought back long lost clients, which is always a plus. Gift certificates built in, big plus.
ConsWebsite integration is very limited. You're stuck putting an entire MassageBook web page in an iframe inside your custom site. They really need to add some trimmer widgets that let you embed only the scheduling/specials/gift-certificate modules without the rest of their website. They also need to add support for product sales. They have a limited form in the cash register/check out, where you can add a taxable item at time of payment. They really need table of taxable products, just like their table of services, that can be used in add-on and package setups. Right now I'm forced to put in a product (take-home bottle of lotion) as a service, in order to get the add-on enticement during online booking, and then sales tax reporting is thrown off.
November 2, 2017
Andrea M.
Owner and LMT
January 18, 2018

“Excellent! Knowing there is a knowledgeable team supporting the software is extremely reassuring.”

OverallIt has allowed me to build my business, stay efficient in running it, and is the assistant I did not have to hire. The tools for managing my business are all part of the package.
ProsI love it - it is intuitive, has loads of help, and does exactly what I want it to - be the exceptionally efficient assistant I did not have to hire separately. Many of my clients have expressed their appreciation for the email confirmations and reminders, and text reminders. This software has enabled me to build my business - I am a sole practitioner, so it is invaluable for organizing my schedule, and communicating with clients. It is well thought out - a solid product. I have used other products but have stuck with this one - it meets all my needs and keeps getting better! The support team is amazing - I mean that sincerely. They have thought this through. The integration with Stripe makes it a cinch to receive payments from clients, even from their health savings plan cards.
January 18, 2018
Kristen W.
Owner/LMT/FST(2)
December 3, 2018

“Wish I had MassageBook 18 years ago!”

OverallI used to have to call clients to confirm/remind them of upcoming appointments, and play phone tag when trying to schedule or re-schedule appointments. MB saves me an enormous amount of time!
ProsIt's a huge time saver. My clients consistently rave about ease of use and are thankful for being able to schedule at their convenience. I also like the marketing portion of the program and the ability to link up with Square payments to track payments and income. The list of "pros" is long, but these things top the list.
ConsVery few cons, if any. The company consistently adds new and better features and communicates with subscribers regularly letting us know of upcoming improvements. If I had to say one thing, it's that some of the marketing/campaign designs could use some updating, but I guess I'd rather they spend time improving other things first. It really is the best massage practice tool out there. Made for massage therapists by people who really understand our needs.
December 3, 2018
AJ S.
Mgr.
June 26, 2018

“Overall MassageBook offers some of the best features available for this type of software. ”

OverallPromotional discount, ease of use, and promise of available features. If all of offered, and promised features of this software worked properly, it would rank as one of the best on the market.
ProsWhat I like most about this software are the features they say the offer for the price. They have put together many of the features in one platform that other similar scheduling software are lacking.
ConsUnfortunately, all of the features offered don't work consistently. Clients have received the automatic link to review but the link is broken and they get an error message that does not allow them to send it. You are supposed to receive a notification when a customer/client leaves a review. When we got the first few notifications and then they stopped coming. Add on features do not allow you to include the length of service when means that when you book an appointment with more than one treatment is does not reflect the accurate service time requiring you call or email your customer which defeats the convience of booking online. The SOAP not feature is supposed to show the entire SOAP notes as well as chart on a desk top and tablet. That feature has never worked on our android of iPad no matter how many times we request that setting as our option. This software does not sync with ical.
June 26, 2018
Harper O.
studio owner
December 19, 2018

“Best Booking Software!”

OverallMassagebook is very responsive to feedback and have added a few features I have requested. I love them!
ProsI absolutely love Massagebook. When starting my own practice, massagebook was a great option. The tiered pricing helped me stay on budget while growing a client base and even the cheapest option offered useful features and excellent customer support. I've eventually upgraded to the highest level, which is still very inexpensive compared to other software, and the features and support are even better. Massagebook is very easy to use, customer support is friendly and extremely fast and helpful. The app is easy to use. You can schedule and process payments. I've been using massagebook for over a year and have never had any issues with the app or the website. Thank you, massagebook!
ConsI would love it if they had a fitness studio option so I could book and allow people to sign up for group classes.
December 19, 2018
Dustin D.
May 16, 2018

“Overall I have had an amazing experience with Massagebook.”

OverallIt's a complete practice management suite built specifically for my needs as a massage business. It creates a professional and easy interface for my therapists and my clients. It helps generate business effortlessly. It's really got everything... and I know the places that are lacking will be addressed by the Massagebook Team. They are awesome.
ProsI love all the bells and whistles they have included into the platform and the fact that the Massagebook team is constantly trying to improve the user experience. It really is a one stop shop for all of my massage business needs. This software has helped me build a very successful practice that keeps growing. I am a Massagebooker for life.
ConsReporting could be a little more customizable for more accurate or specialized reports. As a business owner that does all the accounting, payroll, etc myself... I have on more than one occasion found the reporting function of massagebook inadequate.
May 16, 2018
Andre' C.
December 7, 2018

“Consistently Stellar Techincal Assistance”

OverallI confidently use all accounting and bookkeeping options available with nothing but positive reception from my tax prep crew. I appreciate the fact that when I, a self proclaimed, non techie logs in to chat the team is so patient and graceful in asking my questions as well as provide me with the accompanying URL link or article to follow step by step instruction
ProsI have the capacity to automate my practice to the level that allows me to focus primarily on the clinical aspect of my practice with minimal day to day technical engagement, including payment processing as a result of Online Scheduling and Gift Certificate Sales and Payment
ConsI would really like to personalize all automated messages to reflect a consistency in my themes as well as language used when communicating directly with my clients to add that personal touch even through an automated message.
December 7, 2018
Beverly L.
massage therapist
October 9, 2018

“The way to keep your massage businss on track.”

OverallI started with the basic free version, and it did what it was supposed to do, but then I found that the next level up gave me more flexibility with my business. I have now gone to the highest level, which allows me to send emails to all my clients letting them know about specials and other things. I had to be closed down for a couple of months because I was healing from surgery. I sent the info to everyone, then downgraded to the free level until I was able to return to work. My clients can book their own appointments. I can accept charge cards using my Square card reader. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with one of their customer service people to get everything resolved. I have recommended MassageBook to several others. This is the best way to go for scheduling, accepting payments and keeping up with soap notes.
ProsI can keep track of all my clients, plus add my soap notes immediately.
ConsThere were some things that were a little confusing.
October 9, 2018
Jennifer B.
Owner, Licensed Massage Therapist
March 22, 2018

“MassageBook makes it easy for me to operate my business, and they are always making improvements! ”

OverallI am able to have my schedule with me everywhere I go, and my clients are able to schedule their appointments online. This program has made the business side of my business a lot smoother and easier than before. It also makes things less stressful at tax time!
Pros MassageBook makes my bookkeeping simple, which makes tax time much less stressful. They have knowledgeable staff ready to chat and answer questions. MassageBook is always making improvements to their program, and they regularly share their current and upcoming improvements via email. It's great to see a company really respond to the input of their clients and become better for it!
ConsI am unable to check out multiple appointments with only one payment. Each appointment has to be checked out individually. There are some little things like this that could be improved upon.
March 22, 2018
Cody I.
Massage therapist
July 23, 2019

“Most comprehensive booking system for massage therapists ”

OverallAmazing. I would recommend to any massage therapist no matter how large their practice.
ProsEasy to use/set up. I like having the ability to have multiple locations and employees. The help chat has been amazing. They're fast and friendly, always got my questions answered. MassageBook is the best value for your money by far.
ConsDidn't understand some of the set up options. But the help chat quickly taught me. Hoping for integration with QuickBooks in the near future.
July 23, 2019
Gail L.
December 6, 2018

“Such amazing functionality that my practice is busting at the seams!”

OverallMassageBook allows me to have one place for all my clients' information. Their contact info, their past and upcoming appointments, notes (like if they want heat on the table or not), SOAP notes, and intake forms all in one place! Their marketing experts have driven SO MUCH traffic to my website that I am temporarily not accepting new clients! The client can use MassageBook to request an appointment themselves; no more phone tag and more time in the studio!! For $0 or even just a few dollars a month, this software is a dream come true!
ProsEasy to get started with it day 1, easy to book my clients or have them book themselves, online SOAP notes and intake forms, somebody else marketing traffic to my website, the inexpensive cost, PC and iPhone capabale. It saves me so much time!
ConsIt has capability for other practitioners and other locations that I don't need.
December 6, 2018
Susan L.
Business owner
May 24, 2018

“Great customer support! Great price for everything you need. ”

ProsI really like how everything is included. Soap notes are great, customer reminders and feedback are automated for you. I get compliments all the time of how easy it is for customers to use and they love the reminders. Plus I don't have to do a thing since it's all automated. I have been with them since the beginning and watched them grow and add. They are always thinking about how to improve not only my experience but that of the client as well.
ConsI am also a yoga teacher and life coach so i would love them to add classes to the system. Sometimes I find it hard to find things since they included so much, but their customer service is so great they walk me through everything and include video and pictures so I can see exactly what to do.
May 24, 2018
October 24, 2017

“Easy to use right from the start & awesome interactive soap notes”

ProsI have been using MassageBook for 12 months and tried and tested other software before making the final decision to use MassageBook to run my business through. There support team has been amazing and there are regualr software updates and features being released all the time which tells me that they are a company who want to make sure that us massage therapists have all the right tools we need to succeed. One of the features that has made the biggest impact in my business has been the email marketing feature. I sell more gift certificates and am able to keep in touch with my customers more regularly because I know no idea how to use mailchimp and this feature was just simple and easy to start using. Very impressed.
ConsFor couples massages it doesn't currently support 2 bookings at once, but I beleive that this is getting changed to be able to do this in the next update that is coming out.
October 24, 2017
Vijay A.
Business Head
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 15, 2019

“Good for Discovery”

OverallOverall decent to use software for individual driven services.
ProsIt helps in creating and improving visibility online which helps in increasing business in the long term. Also the regular emails on how to use and increase visibility for our services.
ConsIt is good for smaller teams but lacks features (both no. of features and the depth of features) which are required by large organizations.

By 2Book on October 4, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Vijay. As you indicate, Massagebook's primary focus has been providing the best solution for small to mid sized massage and bodywork businesses to simplify the day to day management of tasks and scheduling - as well as to increase income for practices using MassageBook. As we look ahead to 2020, look for us to grow our software to handle the needs of larger and more complicated businesses.
September 15, 2019
Michelle B.
August 17, 2018

“Superior Customer Support!”

OverallI have a new love for online booking! I used to be afraid of the people who booked..need I say more... But MassageBook has done some features that help me proceed without feeling anxious over this by utilizing toggle and prepaid option, deterring a lot of badd apples!
ProsWhenever we needed guidance or help in any way, they were right there, going above the chat inline and asking if calling us would be better! You never get human response anymore,and to go the extra mile and then another two for us was extremely appreciated! We love the easy function of online chat!
ConsSometimes the upgrades were done, but it's my fault for not checking the email for when they did the ,so it was surprised event, but usually a good one..os that a con...not really;)
August 17, 2018
Jada D.
Practitioner in massage
June 3, 2017

“The interface is quite incredible, sometimes hard dealing with customer service. ”

OverallIn most ways, it's been better than my FullSlate experience which offered not very much for the same price I'm now paying for MassageBook with such wonderful features potentially once things are ironed out.
ProsMassagebook has excellent potential, they offer many functions other scheduling systems don't have for a fair price, ie the SOAP charts, sending out emails after the client's session to ask for reviews and the way it takes in payment information when you take a check you can add the check # along with it. It's a clean, straightforward aesthetic that I like.
ConsIt's brilliant and yet...and yet they don't have things simplified the execution is lacking like when a person is in a package/series, for example, a package of 3 sessions, instead of showing 1 of 3 2 of 3 3 of 3 It reads as "0 of 3" 2 of 3 3 of 3 Having the zero at the start of a package indicates to me that the person hasn't any sessions left. In this system zero indicates all 3 sessions are available and that it's the start. So confusing! Also, depending on what field you're in, it may not show where the person is in the package at all and if your using the app, it mixes them up, an issue they're trying to work on now but boy is it ever confusing looking at the different numbers and trying to sort out just where your client really is in the package. Also, navigation of how to do things isn't always easy to sort out.
June 3, 2017
Dreama C.
LMT, Owner
February 20, 2019

“Practically Flawless! ”

OverallThis system is exactly what the Massage industry needed. I've been doing massage since 1991 and this truly fits with the times; easy for my clients, easy to make changes, and always upgrading - Kudos!
ProsMy first use of any service was in 1996, using My Receptionist, that provided an 800#, and eventually an online scheduling system. It was owned by a massage therapist, but sold in 2005. The service was never the same and I couldn't find another system that was MT-friendly, until now. You can tell it's owned by Massage therapists and the system tries to make it as easy as possible for you to setup
ConsSometimes I have a problem finding an answer to an issue, something that isn't addressed in the Help section. I'm also not fond of the 'modified availability' feature and sometimes have trouble with the campaign layouts.
February 20, 2019
Ann W.
November 30, 2018

“Top rate scheduling website ”

OverallI run a small private practice for bodywork & massage and I needed to have a scheduling site that worked for me and did not cost a lot compared to the others. Using this company was the best decision I've made and my clients love how easy it is for them to book online too.
ProsI've been with using this website for years ( real since they came online) and the ease of use, the abundance of features it has now totally exceeded others. From marketing campaigns, auto emails, best SOAP notes around this site has everything. But what I've always liked best is their customer service help you just don't find this type of help anywhere now a days.
ConsI really can't find anything that I don't like.
November 30, 2018
Keith P.
Master Massage Therapist
November 10, 2017

“Great features and functionality for a new therapist but... Experienced therapists it's lacking”

OverallThe free version of the software is packed full of front line features including preset website, easy scheduler features and basic soap notes. Customer Services is eager to listen and the software is evolving. Does have some reporting capabilities and keeping track of clients is typical of online booking software. Overall, for a new therapist of for someone that is taking their business to an online scheduler it is useful.
ProsIf you are a new therapist or just now going online with your scheduler this software is a nice start. Clean slick interface designed for the therapist that doesn't have much experience with business operations. Typical online scheduler with a few embedded features that can help. Easy front end features that you can use to get up in running quickly. Customer support is always friendly and seems to listen which is a huge plus. It comes with a preset website and if you want to take credit cards and gift cards they have teamed up with Stripe online processing. You can embed massage book into your social media accounts to take appointments as well as start and maintain email campaigns.
ConsKey back office features cannot be customized and lack user friendly capabilities . Still have to get out the adding machine. NO VOID Button! Features are preset and the idea behind customizing your in take forms, soap notes, and website are very, very limited for the price of premium subscription. Furthermore, the premium price relays very heavily on emails. Text reminders are okay but you don't know if the client ever receives those alerts. Lacks accountability for therapist to client interaction through the online experience. My clients don't like it and still call to schedule an appointment. I have done by part to integrate my website (personality I hate their preset website), and my social media accounts. I will not set up another credit card account. I use square which should be an option. Overall, if you are a new to the online scheduling world it is a good start. Seasoned business owners will have issues paying for a premium service they cannot tailor to their needs. Customer Service takes everything under advisement and states they are working on it. Which I am sure they are. For me I am downgrading to the free version until either improvements are made or I find something better for the money.
November 10, 2017
Aline D.
Massage Therapist and Owner of U Be Well 2
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
September 23, 2019

“Awesome Customer service!”

OverallI love the fact that this is one stop to do campaign marketing, billing and more important scheduling. I have still clients that are not really online schedulers but I think I can improve that.
ProsThe customer service representative was able to handle my questions around schedule, series, package corrections. I am not an English native and her patience and professionalism are always a life saver for my stressful days (keeping clients in a bliss requires a lot of my energy)! As a massage therapist I do not have a lot of knowledge around computer and she makes my use of Massage Book easier and better! Kudos to her service! She does even return phone calls left during week end! Very professional and a pleasure to deal with this wonderful team always evolving! I would love to help for new feature to test!
ConsOn my I-phone 7, the application has not a lot of features and it is slow.
September 23, 2019
Angelita D.
LMT
Consumer Services, Self-employed
June 6, 2019

“The Master Plan”

OverallI have already referred others to MassageBook!
ProsMassageBook is so easy to use! I have used the free version for at least two years. I decided to go to the Master Plan last week, and I am so glad I did. The marketing it does for you is exceptional! It sends reminders to each client. It sends the an email for a review. It is so easy to schedule clients, do SOAP notes, and cash them out. MassageBook will bring you clients, and you only have to pay a small fee once for each client they send you! They could become a regular client. I haven't received a client yet, but I have only been on the Master Plan for less than a week.
ConsI haven't received a client yet, but again, it has been less than a week.
June 6, 2019
Kandy G.
January 28, 2019

“My Review of Massage Book”

OverallThe price is so much more affordable for me. I love that. I like it that my customers seem to have much more ease navigating the system.
ProsThe value. The ease of customer booking. Email marketing ability. SOAP notes. The very timely assistance assistance online (the online chat feature) and the fact that it doesn't cover up the whole screen. Seems all together much easier for my clients to use and navigate than Mindbody was.
ConsWhen having more than one location, a client must be reentered into each location even though it is the same business. The app is hard to read schedule in list form. Would prefer to see it in Calendar form. Would prefer not to go outside of software to accept credit cards. The marketing email quality is not that great. (however, it is pretty good for the price I am paying) My employees are treated in the system like they are their own business and not my employees. I should have full permission to enter all their information. Would like it if their was an easier way for customers to purchase a package or service for someone else and it would automatically go to the receiver's account. Would like to see a way for couples or families to share packages. Would like to see an app for customers.
January 28, 2019
Stacy H.
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
July 19, 2018

“Their customer service and technical support could not be any better. Fast, friendly, and accurate.”

ProsMy clients find it very easy to use when booking and paying for appointments. I also have found the automatic reminders helpful for my clients and to keep my business running as profitable as possible.
ConsThe only suggestion I have is I would like to see an option for a waiting list for open appointments. It's difficult for me to remember what clients are waiting for cancellations to happen to get in with me and it would be super helpful if I could have that on the massagebook. Maybe even an option for the client to sign up for an email to go out when there's an opening.
July 19, 2018
Kimiyo M.
May 17, 2019

“So for, this is the best booking app”

ProsIt is pretty easy to use. Of course, I had a learning curve but they have very good customer service via email, phone and they are quick to respond. If you are starting out, you can use their page as your website and it's decent. It got everything you need - booking, marketing, keeping and organizing client's information.
ConsSome of the feature are rigid and you can't change as you want. I wish I can put products and service together as package, product list, more flexibility for the template for marketing.
May 17, 2019
Tricia G.
April 23, 2018

“I've been using this since my first day of business and I love it.”

OverallThe majority of my client management is located on one platform. My clients enjoy using it to schedule their appointments.
ProsI love having my client soap notes, income tracking, marketing tools, client information and communication all in one place. In general my clients enjoy the ease of use and the simplicity of being able to choose their own appointment time.
ConsI do wish there was a little more to the iPhone app. I tend to have only my phone at the office, and it's problematic if I want to work on some client communication or change things in my services, but I have to wait until I get home to my computer, or log in to the site using my phone's browser and try to manage it from the small screen.
Sue D.
Owner/Massage Therapist
March 19, 2019

“Saves me time Makes me money”

OverallThe support staff are terrific! Quick response, very helpful, patient with my non tech staff. Like the idea that they are open to and welcome suggestions from users.
ProsIt is relatively easy to use. I have staff that are electronically challenged, and, they have been able to learn and use the Massage Book on a daily basis. Clients also like it. Most our clients now book directly online.
ConsWould like the ability to view gift cards that have been sold in various orders, i.e. by recipient name, by date sold, by amount, etc.
March 19, 2019
Stevie Ann R.
LMT/Owner
March 15, 2019

“AWESOME for massage therapists”

OverallYou can easily go down a rabbit hole with MassageBook ... once you've found an answer to one thing, a suggested topic catches your attention and you follow it. This software is meant to be exceedingly helpful and informative at every turn. And every single time I've ever had to ask a question from the MassageBook team, they've been so unbelievably kind, patient and helpful. They always have an answer, despite me thinking I'm going to stump them. Clearly, they're on top of their game. So happy I use this software and can rely on amazing customer service ... worth every penny.
ProsEverything you could possibly need and want for running a massage therapy business and then some. Easy to use. A ton of information at your fingertips. Simple scheduling. SOAP notes are a breeze, especially with the anatomical charts to mark up. Intake form seems long, but it's comprehensive (which it should be since we're in the health & wellness field).
ConsSometimes I think there might be so much functionality and options that it can get confusing, but the Customer Support is excellent (and patient and kind!) at answering questions, clarifying confusion and locating the right answer to help me along. And then all is fine and I wonder why I was confused in the first place. LOL
March 15, 2019
April 23, 2018

“Massagebook has a very easy to use system that offers a lot for the price!”

OverallThe emaul reminders have decreased the amount of no shows as well as the ability to have them prepay! It also sells fifr certificates while im busy!
ProsThis software covers everything needed to efficiently run my business. SOAP notes, Gift Certificates, Promo codes, Business reports, emails...everything is put in one place!
ConsThe only thing I have disliked about this software is sometimes my Google Calender unlinks itself but it only seems to happen about once a year. It has been a while but hopefully they have worked that out
Maria S.
Massage therapist
April 9, 2018

“Fast service ”

ProsMassage book representatives are alway so kind and profesional and answer all my questions. They Quickly respond to me when I need help. I love the online payment option and online bookings, my clients say it's simple and convenient. We love using it and I would not change it. I can keep track of all my soap notes and clients visits also sales and gift certificates. Massage book has it all figured out for us to concentrate on what we do best, massage. They take care of the rest.
ConsI can't use my square with the software when people purchase on line. MB does have swiper and I do use it but now I have 2 CC fees because I love my square.
April 9, 2018
Bria S.
Owner/ massage therapist
February 22, 2018

“Every inquiry is addressed by a friendly support member and issues are taken care of quickly!”

ProsThis software is my team. Receptionist, scheduler, marketing and accounting. For a solo practitioner it covers every base!
ConsI have been happy with the basics and every update and new release and update seems planned, thoughtful as it relates to our needs and serves a constructive purpose. All platforms have holes and glitches and have room for improvement. I think what is most notable is that the changes and improvements start with the user having issues or a need and are brought to life as a response to these needs.
February 22, 2018
Tippy M.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
October 1, 2019

“OUTSTANDING Review from Sabai Massage & Health”

OverallMy employee and I love massage book and how easy it is to use for not only us but our customers as well.
ProsBooking online makes everything so much easier, the friendly reminders, and the software being so app friendly. The customer service is always on point with great communication. It makes pay day such a breeze to manage paperwork electronically.
ConsNobody is perfect but Massage Book is DAMN NEAR!
October 1, 2019
Jesse C.
February 5, 2019

“Software review”

Overall Nothing I have been with them since they were in the beta phase and can honestly say that almost everything that I have brought to customer service has been taken care of quickly and easily. They are constantly upgrading their system from recommendations from All of us
Pros Easy to set up, easy to adjust areas inside of the program and Ease-of-use,
Cons I have no cons on this list. I like everything about Massagebook and that's what I tell my colleagues. I have tried all other platforms and this is where I was today
February 5, 2019
Sibylla H.
Business Owner, Massage Therapist
September 12, 2018

“I totally rely on it”

OverallMy business relies on it "from head to toe". It has been a huge help for me. It helps me enormously to be organized in all aspects of my business.
ProsThe automated reviews requests that all customers get 2 days or so after their first appointment. I collected over 50 in 2 years, and a link to them shows under my google listing. Very very useful.
ConsI find the intake form much too long. I never use it, ended up making my own. If it was shorter/simpler i would probably use yours.
September 12, 2018
Jessica B.
April 24, 2018

“Happy and Organized Therapist!”

ProsTracks my sales and income reports, gift cards, allows me to send emails. I collect kore reviews from having a new client thank you autopilot email go out. Text and email reminders! It just makes everything so streamlined and simple.
ConsLike anything I think everything can always do better. I think allowing things to be more customizeable and would be awesome if they could partner with a top notch website service.
April 24, 2018
Lyn W.
January 12, 2018

“Night and Day between this company and the last I was with. Wish I woulda switched a long time ago!”

ProsLove all the accounting ability for each type of sale, reports I can generate, graphs to see how things are going, marketing options, website optimization help, ease of set-up, and that I can potentially get referrals if I get slow (Usually happens in the winter). Also, I have had excellent customer assistance when I couldn't figure something out.
ConsIt is not so much this software, but how Stripe and MassageBook interface for gift certificate sales. It took me a while to figure out what went with what and then I had to open up each of my 32 sales on Stripe's site to see what the: Total Sale - Fees = Total Earned was (Need all this info for my accounting). On my other card processing site it is all in one place to download.
January 12, 2018
Dean A.
January 22, 2018

“I love this software! I couldn't imagine running my clinic without it!”

ProsEase-of-use. It does everything for you. Reliability. I've never had connection issues. Customer support. World class. Representative that know their stuff and truly care. Best of all they are US based.
ConsAs with any software there are always minor tweaks needed. But they listen and make them. There are some accounting deficiencies that I'd like to see corrected, but feel confident are in the works.
January 22, 2018
Harry W.
May 10, 2018

“The best back-office system of MTs I've ever seen!”

OverallIt takes my mind off having to do all the administrative part of my practice, which allows me to focus on the service end. There are a few things I still need to do, especially when it comes to the marketing portion, but otherwise it practically runs itself.
ProsReally like how intuitive the system is, ease with getting help from a real person when you need it, it's great at offering support outside of business hours, the accompanying app is very functional, and covers most any scenario for client, sales, and marketing you can think of.
ConsMy only issue is that the language is always plural, i.e. use of we and our. I'm a lone massage therapist so being able to say "I", "My", and "Me" personalizes it, which is very important when it comes to the web site, marketing, and email portions of the system. I know there are other sole MTs out there who feel the same way, so I'm not alone in this issue. I have made this and a few other minor suggestions for changes and improvements, so I can only hope the developers will take them into consideration as they continue to improve MassageBook.
May 10, 2018
Josie H.
owner/massage therapist
February 24, 2018

“It's like having an assistant or manager without the cost.”

ProsI like how comprehensive and versatile it is. Also the customer service is unbeatable. They are so patient and helpful and quick to respond.
ConsI wish there was a practice screen area where you could see what clients see on their end instead of jumping in head first but like I said, they are totally there to help ya with the chat button or email over the weekend.
February 24, 2018
Sue D.
October 31, 2017

“customer support is prompt, friendly and user friendly for my non computer literate staff”

Prosability for multiple therapists to view, ease of booking. everything I need in one place. can access from home, vacation, phone, etc. bundled all the services I used to use two vendors for.
Conswish the background colors were different, sometimes my computers screen isn't sharp and it takes a moment or two to see what is open and what is blocked off.
October 31, 2017
Michele M.
LMT
February 1, 2019

“Can only recommend ”

OverallIt's a great tool to grow your business!
ProsAs a Massage Therapist this software is perfect for us since it is tailored to our needs. I have tried others but massagebook is perfect for me! They also have different plan options. The basic one is free but for a new Therapist starting out it's pretty good. I personally use the Master plan that has everything and more and is pretty reasonable.
ConsThe only con. that I have is that the website could be a little bit more customizable
February 1, 2019
Alyce P.
July 11, 2018

“Awesome customer support”

ProsThere are so many options to help massage therapists manage their business. While I don't use most of what they offer due to a lack of motivation to 'learn how', the opportunities are there, if I want to.
ConsI'm sure there is something, but honestly, I can't put my finger on anything specific, at the moment.
July 11, 2018
Olivia M.

“Love this software”

ProsIt has everything i need to run my business online in one format. Calendar, soap notes, marketing, contacts intake forms. Invaluable tool
ConsA bit of a learning curve in the begining figuring out how to set it up. I would like invoicing and a cancellation policy firm clients sign and hold cc for missed appointments