MoneyMinder Ratings

Overall

About MoneyMinder

Enter financial transactions, reconcile bank accounts and track budgets quickly and accurately. Specialized reports are available at the click of the mouse. Log in anytime from anywhere with an internet connection. Manage people (who/what they owe or paid), volunteer time and donations. Transfer responsibilities from one treasurer to another easily. Its perfect for parent groups, sports teams, booster clubs, homeowner associations, service groups, networking groups, churches, & more. Learn more about MoneyMinder

Thomas L.
Board Member
August 11, 2019

“Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True”

OverallThis is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.
ProsEasy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have. I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going. Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well. They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.
ConsI asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines. Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.
August 11, 2019
Susan H.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
March 7, 2019

“MoneyMinder is the best! ”

OverallI am a volunteer treasurer without any experience in bookkeeping or in using money management software like quick books or even excel. I was intimidated by the idea of having to learn how to use a software program in order to fulfull my responsibilities. But MoneyMinder is incredibly intuitive, and entirely glitch-free. It makes my job ridiculously easy. I really cannot say enough good things about it. And when I do have questions, I love that I can call the office and talk to a real human being who can see my screen in real time and walk me through whatever the solution to my problem is, with kindness and a great sense of humor. I'm a very happy customer and recommend MoneyMinder to people constantly!
ProsMoneyMinder is the most intuitive and helpful computer application I have ever used. I really cannot overstate how critical MoneyMinder has been to my effectiveness in my role as treasurer in my nonprofit. I am not someone who tends to gravitate towards new technology and I found MoneyMinder extremely easy to learn. The customer support is unparalleled - every time I call or email I receive help immediately from staff who are kind, nonjudgmental, and really knowledgeable. I appreciate that it is all web based so that I do not have to download programs or store information on my own computer.
ConsHonestly I don't love the upgrade to MoneyMinder 2.0. There are a few features I'd grown to really appreciate that no longer exist in the new version. It's not a big deal, but If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have converted to the upgraded version.

By NonProfitCentral on March 14, 2019
Thanks for your review Susan. Would you care to share the features that you're "not loving" in v2? We'd love to address that, as we want you to be deliriously happy with v2. :)
March 7, 2019
Cynthia L.
PTO Treasurer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
January 31, 2019

“Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!”

OverallMoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.
ProsThis is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent. MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years. Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports. MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!
ConsThis software can't make your coffee. And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

By NonProfitCentral on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge. Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)
Ronda C.
January 29, 2019

“Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA”

OverallOur overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.
ProsOur HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.
ConsThere isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

By NonProfitCentral on January 30, 2019
Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.
Jennifer G.
PTO Co-President
January 31, 2019

“MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO”

OverallThe staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting. The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.
ProsI like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.
ConsA search by word function would be helpful.

By NonProfitCentral on February 8, 2019
Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you. Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.
Christina K.
October 6, 2019

“Fantastic for volunteers”

OverallSuperb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.
ProsThe Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.
ConsSometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

By NonProfitCentral on October 10, 2019
Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful. It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.
October 6, 2019
Joy R.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2019

“Value to Valur”

OverallI definitely appreciate the fact the system stores the information off site. The fact that that those that we allow to have access to the money tracker can look into the accounts but are unable to make changes. Forms are easily available for the treasurer report and daily needs.
ProsThe to which set up Vendors. Transaction reports are easily available. Reconciliation of multiple accounts.
ConsDidn't have the ability to search by dollar amounts.

By NonProfitCentral on September 4, 2019
Hi Joy! Did you know you could search by dollar amounts by using your browser's built-in search function? Just a tip.
August 7, 2019
Leslie W.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
March 21, 2018

“I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it. ”

OverallWhenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.
ProsI like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!
ConsI haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.
Shirley A.
PTO Treasurer
September 27, 2019

“Outstanding Product and Customer Service”

OverallWe transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.
ProsIt is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.
ConsSome of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It's probably possible but I just haven't asked how to do it yet.
September 27, 2019
Robert H.

“TAC review”

Overallgreat. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.
Prosthe reports section is easy to customize.
Consthe check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

By NonProfitCentral on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the kind review Robert. Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue. Hope that makes things easier!
Lois S.
March 14, 2019

“Great Product, Easy to Use”

OverallIt's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.
ProsIt's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system.
ConsEntries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

By NonProfitCentral on March 27, 2019
Thanks for the valuable feedback! We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you. Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list. Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.
March 14, 2019
Kori B.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 4, 2019

“Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years”

OverallI really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.
ProsThe software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.
ConsI really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.
February 4, 2019
Steven W.
PTA President
March 21, 2018

“Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.”

ProsI appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.
ConsWhen pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.
Carey R.
March 21, 2018

“Money Minder staff are amazing to work with. Customer rep have helped me a lot. ”

ProsIt is super simple and easy to work with. There aren't a lot of screens to toggle thorough. Once you've built your first year the 2nd year is as simple as a copy. Its such a time saver.
ConsI wish that if you decided to change coding that you didn't have to change all of the entries you have made to that code. I would be nice to enter the new GL code and then copy to everything entry made to the old GL code

By NonProfitCentral on March 27, 2018
Hi Carey, It sounds like you're wanting to move a category from one heading to another. Is that right? If so, we can help you do that. Would you like to reach out to us for instructions? support@moneyminder.com Thanks! Cyndi
Jenn W.
March 21, 2018

“I have used Money Minder for three organizations now. I LOVE it!”

Pros*MoneyMinder software allows access anywhere anytime, day or night. *Customer service is second to non. *Easy to manage *A lot of reports. Too many to list *Inexpensive *Treasurers Report is my favorite for board meetings.
ConsThat more of my board members won't take the advantage of pulling reports when they need them. Otherwise, everything I need and more is what MoneyMinder provides our Nonprofit organization every year.
Melinda L.
March 21, 2018

“Excellent program and support”

OverallEase of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.
ProsThe software allows you to capture a large amount of information in a very convenient way. You can customize how much or how little detail you want to include about your transactions. Overall the program is fairly intuitive to use and my favorite feature is the amazing support you receive when you call with questions.
ConsThere is no way to revert to previous budgets- so if you decide to do a budget revamp, and it doesn't pass at your meeting, you need to retype the entire thing back in. I wish there was a way to save favorited links so that I don't have to look through all the reports menus each time.
Leslie W.
PTSA Treasurer
Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2019

“Outstanding Program for PTAs”

ProsThis program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.
ConsSo far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.
Jennifer B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
August 28, 2019

“Easy to use for Non-profit PTO”

ProsOur PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.
ConsSometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.
August 28, 2019
February 1, 2019

“I Love Money Minder”

OverallIt's a great company with great people who care about their customers .
ProsIt's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.
Cons I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.
February 1, 2019
Madeleine W.
Hr assistant
Medical Devices, 5001-10,000 employees
July 13, 2018

“I had an awesome experience. ”

OverallLearned some great new tools
Pros I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.
ConsThe only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.
July 13, 2018
Lorraine H.
Financial Chair
March 28, 2018

“Very easy transition to this software from other PTA-type software.”

OverallOther than Quicken/QuickBooks or Excel, we had no other software options to our organization. This software is very easy to use and has all the tools needed for establishing and maintaining a non-profit budget.
ProsI like that it's online, so I have access to our information from anywhere. It is also very easy to use, especially if you have any sort of prior experience with Quicken/QuickBooks/other PTA-type software.
ConsI'm still getting used to the reports - they're not quite the same as the other PTA-type software (with which I was very familiar) would generate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though - it is just something I have to get used to.
March 28, 2018
Stephen B.
September 11, 2019

“MoneyMinder - The Perfect Choice for PTA Treasurers”

ProsWhen I became Treasurer of the PTA at my son's school I know I wanted to get a software program instead of relying on spreadsheets as previous treasurers had done. MoneyMinder was the perfect choice. First of all it is cloud based, which meant I could easily give access to other members of the PTA board. It is very easy to use but has many advanced features such as the ability to download banking transactions and transactions from Square. Those features alone have saved me an immense amount of time. The preloaded account structure for PTAs is also a great feature. The standard reporting features are easy to use but you can also do custom reports and exports. My one interaction with customer service was fantastic.
ConsThe only minor negative I have is that I don't think you can customize what fields to bring across when you download your banking transactions.
September 11, 2019
Joy R.
Treasure
January 29, 2019

“This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.”

OverallI have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.
ProsBesides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.
ConsBetter way to print only for current month.

By NonProfitCentral on February 1, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.
Elizabeth B.
February 6, 2019

“Easy to use and very readable reports ”

ProsMoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs
ConsI can't really think of any negatives! Great program!
February 6, 2019
Kristie E.
March 21, 2018

“The software is amazing! Allows me to be an efficient and effective volunteer. ”

ProsThe software is Intuitive, user friendly, accurate and simple. Great customer department! It is beneficial to have transparency with the financials.
Natalie B.
February 10, 2019

“MoneyMinder is an awesome non-profit software!”

ProsIt is easy to use, is very intuitive, and the customer service is amazing! I have used MoneyMinder for over 12 + years and it has been a great experience. The software keeps improving, the platform is always reliable, and I have never had a glitch. It's really worth the money and the reports and organization of the software is so helpful.
ConsI have no cons at all about this software or my experience.
February 10, 2019
Paul B.
January 29, 2019

“Perfect for the volunteer treasurer”

OverallAs mentioned in the Pros section, this software has allowed me to access the program wherever I am. As a volunteer, it is very helpful to be able to work on my treasurer responsibilities during my regular job's lunch hour. This has been a great upgrade from our old desktop software. Thanks MM
ProsThis software is very easy to learn and use. It is web based, so it can be accessed anywhere. For volunteers, it may be at work, at home or anywhere else. In addition, it allows multiple users, which offers transparency to the organization. With the other software that we were using, it was only on my laptop at home. Lastly, this software seems to have been developed with the part time volunteer in mind. It has all of the features, but not all the other items that a full business would need. All in all, I am glad we upgraded.
ConsThe main downside to the software was the migration of prior year's data into it. Although I have to say that the MoneyMinder team helped me through it.

By NonProfitCentral on February 5, 2019
Glad MoneyMinder is working well for you! We understand the extra work in setting up new financial years each year. We're in the process of making that more seamless!
Dawn W.
Edmonds Elem PTA Treasurer
January 29, 2019

“Edmonds Elem PTA Treasurer”

OverallFantastic experience. Way easier to use than the QuickBooks we used to have.
ProsVery easy to use and simple spreadsheets. Love that fact that we can have multiple users with different access abilities.
ConsSet up was a bit confusing until I realized I could make the categories match our budget.
Michele A.
Human Resources
Retail, 51-200 employees
May 10, 2019

“Great for budgeting ”

OverallIt is awesome
ProsThe ease of use for budgeting and book keeping!
ConsNothing! It's been great so far! No complaints
May 10, 2019
Shelley B.
March 22, 2018

“The software was very easy to use and quick to set up accounts. Software support has been great too.”

OverallSimplifies my volunteer role as treasurer. Software is quick and efficient and I don't have to worry about it backing up our files. MoneyMinder does it for you.
ProsEase of use. It's simple to use and will be easy to pass on to future volunteer treasurers. There are many options for reporting account activity which is very useful. The support is great as well. Any questions that have arised have been answered within hours by their support team.
ConsNo cons. It's all been very positive. As the treasurer I've been very pleased with every aspect of this software. It's easy to set up and easy to use.
Doug L.
May 11, 2019

“MoneyMinder Review”

OverallWe are looking forward to moving away from multiple spreadsheets being passed back & forth and maintaining financial information on a single computer in a single entry accounting environment. MoneyMinder will take a tremendous load off the Treasurer position and allows us to distribute the load of managing money and maintaining the directory across multiple board members.
ProsI've helped develop custom software and Saas software over the last 20 years. MoneyMinder is an excellent example of best practices implementation - super intuitive and easy to use. A top-notch product.
ConsI wish we could import our Quicken file.
May 11, 2019
Amy G.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2019

“Customer support is absolutely the best!”

OverallI have been helped so much by the tech support people. They have patiently talked me through all of the questions I've had and helped me to learn what I need to know in order to keep the books in excellent order for my school PTSA.
ProsI find it easy to navigate and I am not a tech savvy person.
ConsIt took me a long time to figure out how to go back to a check that I'd written before but needed to edit in someway. I was going back check by check to get to older check numbers. The last time I called she helped me to figure out a quicker way- wish I would've known that earlier.
January 25, 2019
Julie T.
January 29, 2019

“Makes your life much easier”

ProsIt's easy to use and he customer service is superb.
ConsI had a hard time figuring out how to track sales tax but the customer support team helped me.
Michele A.
Human Resources
Retail, Unspecified
March 22, 2018

“The software is user friendly and saves so you time.”

ProsI love how ease of the software, the set up is very user friendly. The customer service is awesome. They check in on you and get back to you in a timely manner.
ConsI have not had any issues so far. It has only been positive and I will definitely recommend this to anyone.
Jennifer F.
Board Treasurer
February 26, 2019

“Wow! MoneyMonder is a game changer”

OverallI used to spend hours developing the annual budget and reconciling the books monthly for our small non-profit. I'm the volunteer board treasurer. Within 30 minutes of logging into MoneyMinder, I knew I would save significant amounts of time, have more accurate books, and be able to easily train other board members to use the system.
ProsI love the easy budget entry process, simple data entry, the variety of reports, and ability to share access with other board members.
ConsNothing so far. I haven't yet tried to sync PayPal and Square, but if those functions are like the rest of the system, I'm hopeful that it will be easy.
February 26, 2019
Shelly L.
Business Systems Analyst/Salesforce Administrator
Financial Services, 5001-10,000 employees
January 31, 2019

“Great Product for Non-Profits”

OverallI began using it as the treasurer for my kid's school and found it to be very easy to figure out and to use. I then recommended it to a horse rescue I volunteered for and also as the treasurer for the school's choir booster club, I recommended it for them as well.
ProsThe interface is easy to use and has everything a large or small non profit would need.
ConsThe budget items are not linked to the expenses so you have to manage those separately and you are not able to create ad-hoc reports.
Thomas L.
Graphic Designer
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 4, 2018

“Nice and simple, just what I need”

ProsThe interface is very simple and I find it very easy to add and manage my finances, the reporting is also very useful.
ConsThe look and feel could do with a little update, aesthetically feels a little outdated but doesn't detract from the functionality.

By NonProfitCentral on May 7, 2018
Thanks Thomas! You'll be happy to know that an updated version of MoneyMinder will be released later this year. The basics are the same. We¿ve just made things easier. And given the software a nice facelift.
May 4, 2018
Gina D.
March 21, 2018

“Love money minder! So much easier to use than Excel for our achool. ”

ProsJust enter info and populates. No messy spreadsheets to deal with! Customer Service has been excellent.