ConnectWise Control Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect) is a fully functional remote support solution. The software gives you the ability to remotely view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection. As a technician, regardless if you primarily support your customers personal computers or a huge enterprise infrastructure, the ability to quickly and effectively resolve problems allows you to save time and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Alex B.
August 30, 2019

“ConnectWise Control - Amazing Remote Support Utility”

OverallOver CW Control has been a game-changer in how our company delivers remote support to our clients. It has allowed us to operate more efficiently and gives our techs the tool they need to provide awesome remote support. Since we have started using it we have not even considered looking for an alternative tool.
ProsConnectwise Control is an easy to use software that allows our company to provide remote access and remote support to our clients. The software was extremely easy to setup and configure and get running. Once it was set up and running it just works. It is the fastest remote access tool we have ever used. It connects to sessions in seconds, not minutes like some of the other remote access tools out there. The layout of the software is great and make navigation for our techs and also the end-users simple. The built-in toolbox and remote file transfer also are dead simple to use and always work. It allows us to copy a file over to a desktop we are supporting, or to copy need diagnostic info back to our techs computers. Control includes multiple options for 2-factor auth which is a must these days for tools like this.
ConsThe least liked portion of Control is that support is not always easy to get a hold of and sometimes does not always have the best solutions or fixes during the initial support engagement.
August 30, 2019
Alex S.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
July 30, 2019

“Great product hamstrung by its new owner.”

OverallScreenconnect was great, when it became Control I really wanted the features of Automate. It was purchased by ConnectWise and now every single thing is too complicated and requires a lot of clicking. If you have a single task you preform all day every day by all means automate it and set up scripts but for me ConnecWise asks too much uniformity from my clients and cannot be adapted in the ways I do business.
ProsSuper simple deployment and management. But that's all but gone.
ConsConnectWise the company. I hated every interaction with them. Imagine a single client who has several companies. Connectwise deployment folks said I could not support them the way they needed support. Imagine working with the same independent contractor on several shared clients, ConnectWise can't do that either. Want to support key people outside of their organization, find something else. Every single thing you want to do has to have a huge amount of setup to make it happen. I just wanted software that I was as flexible as I am and this is not that. Stay away.
July 30, 2019
Bryan M.
IT Support Specialist
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 9, 2019

“ConnectWise Control Opinions ”

OverallWorks great in our environment and has enable us to connect to any of our users wherever they may be. Its easy for the clients to use and connect especially if 24/7 access is setup. Would like to see the Host Pass time increased to an option of 48 hours. Many times work must be done over the weekend, this would then enable us to issue a pass for the entire weekend and be done with it!
ProsEase of use for myself and clients; two factor authentication . Love the Toolbox feature as it places often used apps, files, etc. at my fingertips. Being able to install consistent access to or clients is a big plus as we can see all of our devices listed with connection being just a click away. The option to pass credentials to the client is a great option to have too.
ConsNot much, just the limitation of 24 hours on a Host Pass as this does not get us through a project over a weekends time frame.
John D.
Programmer/Designer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
July 3, 2019

“Best value out there in remote support”

OverallWe're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.
ProsEasy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.
ConsIt does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!
July 3, 2019
Michelle E.

“Mostly Great”

OverallOverall, the software works basically like it should. There are some problems, but every software has it's issues. I would like to see some new features such as responding to online clients requests via our email so that I can respond to customers without having to lot into the system. On the same note, I would love to see that when a customer requests to open a chat, that the dialog box would include the user's AD/username and or ask the customer for a name, phone and email to start a chat so that we know specifically to whom we're talking to when a chat is started. I would recommend this software to other IT providers that do not have healthcare customers and I would recommend to ScreenConnect to have an attorney and engineer thoroughly read the aforementioned laws to properly implement and good healthcare product (HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare).
ProsThe software is fairly easy to use, intuitive and easy to deploy with the hosted option. The newer features to look up currently installed Software, the latest error logs and full specs with SN is used almost daily in our computer. The notes feature can glitch from time to time, but is a great way to track notes on customers when I'm doing a large batch of updates. I use it to track updates I've started so when I come back to it I know exactly where I left off which isn't necessary for our internal documentation, but is a great note pad tool right in the program. Along the same lines, we use the Notes feature to leave pertinent information for specific devices such as construction equipment computers that can not be turned off without notice and who exactly to contact with their name, numbers and email address to ensure employees have easy access to this NECESSARY information before accessing the computer remotely.
ConsMy least favorite problem with this software is the customer service. We came across a bug over the past few months and when we called in were basically told that the problem was essentially end user error, which is ironic since we've used the software going on 5 years now and we are extremely familiar with the ins and outs of both the software and basic troubleshooting since, ya know, that's our job... Technical support was down right rude when they weren't understanding the issue and when I finally talked to a senior technical engineer for ScreenConnect, I explained the problem and was given an answer of "I could see why this would be confusing to the last agent" but they agreed with me that there was no reason for the agent to be rude or dismissive just because he couldn't understand the abstract bug. We have yet to solve the bug, but I don't necessarily blame the Senior level Engineer, the bug is just very hard to reproduce. The one other hugely important disappointment with this software is that it is not ACTUALLY HIPPA, the EMRA, ACA and Medicare compliant. We have talked with Senior Engineers and the sales team and while they boast about the software being HIPPA compliant, I asked a how exactly they comply with the basic requirements, non-negotiable terms, and when pressed, ScreenConnect doesn't actually have proper compliance. We have therefore not installed the software on any of our health care clients which wastes a lot of time.
Andrew K.
July 2, 2019

“Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent”

OverallLove the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.
ProsThere is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well. I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools. I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.
ConsAlways have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.
Jeev Y.
IT Lead
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1000 employees
July 2, 2019

“If you value your time and energy, use this software”

OverallI use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.
ProsConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.
ConsNo cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.
Chris D.
It manager
Computer Networking, Self-employed
June 19, 2019

“Great remote software with good feature set.”

OverallI switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer. Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.
ProsEase of setup and configuration. Personal landing page for remote clients. Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.
ConsUpgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails. Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use
Josh M.
IT Administrator
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“A great solution for a one-man-shop”

OverallIt just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!
ProsCompatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this. Essentially, if a PC name changed, the GoToAssist Server kept it's name listed as the "old name" - this lead to tremendous amounts of confusion for me and made it almost impossible to know which computers needed updating and which were already the correct name, simply connecting to support a user was an issue after just a few computer moves. Deploying software to 50-some machines might not be as large a task as other companies out there with 500+ machines, but as a one man shop, keeping those machines updated to ensure versions match, and names of the PC's are kept intact when users retire and new folks come on board is a HUGE time saver and stress relief after swapping to ConnectWise Control.
ConsPoor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion. Scaling: If I connect to a machine with no other users on it, I believe I should have the option (via the "join w/options" link, perhaps) to change the connection to match my resolution (similar to how Microsoft's own Remote Desktop or TeamViewer do) Additionally, even if it's unable to match my connecting resolution, If the built-in scaling were better (I.E. - if there was a feature that introduced some good hardware accelerated anti-aliasing), the daily use of this software would be greatly improved. Multi-Monitor Sluggish: I've seen this with some other remote connection software - even the more legacy VNC protocol suffers from it, but it is avoidable because not all have this issue. I think the software needs to only stream updates to the primary selected monitor - or at least have an option to enable that, because delays become a huge problem when navigating things like complex databases or even simple excel sheets when there's a full-second delay. This does not happen on single monitor connections right now, it becomes noticable on dual-monitor, and on triple monitor it's very obvious.
Merlin K.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
March 1, 2019

“This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.”

OverallSupport staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.
ProsI *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it. Ability to reboot computer and stay connected. Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer. The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups. Ability to rename computers. See how long computers have been off-line The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface. Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use) The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!
ConsI used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer. Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing. Inability to set the color of the screen drawing. No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution. "Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work. I would list more but I am out of space.
Steve M.
Managing Director

“Customer focussed support”

OverallI have used most remote support platforms over the years, and overall I find ConnectWise Control to be a solid performer, with backup support that is timely, friendly and professional. There are numerous other features which I have not mentioned here. My advise - give it a try!!
ProsConnectWise Control is a fully featured remote support platform that does exactly what it says it will do "Remote Support That Just Works". Being cloud based, it allows support sessions to be started from anywhere that an internet connection exists. I predominantly use Apple platforms, and I find the desktop and mobile applications work seamlessly when supporting Windows clients. I particularly like the Support and Access features, the former being most suited to temporary support sessions, and the latter for effortless connection to clients on an ongoing as required basis. Access also allows client machine connections to be saved with Machine or user defined Specific value for machine name and additionally Organisation name, which simplifies the process of selecting the machine with the ability to save . A nifty feature built into Support allows for push installation of the Access agent, in the background, where ongoing support is deemed necessary. A handy Build Installer provides all possible machine connection build options. Visual indicators show when Host and Client machines are connected to ConnectWise Control, which takes the guesswork out of knowing when your clients are online and have connected successfully. Help and support features built right into the portal save time. Another nifty feature is a visual record of clients running older versions of the support agent, complete with the ability to push the updated client out to affected machines.
ConsA software agent needs to be installed on machines before support sessions can be established, and while the process is straight-forward, the need for users to click on the installer after it has downloaded is missed by some users. I also find that when switching between my local desktop and the remote desktop, at times the remote machine responses are not as expected. I simply press the command key (Mac) while highlighting the remote machine and this usually overcomes the issue, or disconnect and reconnect the session.
Anthony B.
January 8, 2019

“Fantastic product - always improving”

OverallFantastic. Overall it's features, pricing and security is unbeatable in the industry.
ProsWe've hosted our on Control server and it is super easy to install and maintain. Using the software to provide remote support has never failed because they provide multiple methods for creating connections for all operating systems. The web interface provides basic information about the connected computer but you can download and install plugins to gather information about processes, services, events and software. The screen snapshot is large enough to see if the computer is in use and small enough so you can't read what's on the screen. Through the web interface you can customize a number of things like icons, labels and branding. Through the server config files you can customize a number of other settings. You can create temporary sessions just for one-time remote support or install the program for on-demand remote access. On-demand remote access can be organized in session groups for easier management and security Users can be created and assigned to specific session groups. Access and commands can be audited. While a session is connected a time line is kept to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.
ConsThe price to purchase screen connect was reasonable for a small business. When it was purchased by Connectwise the price to purchase it out right was quadruple the original price. If you have 100 plus machines to support then divided across the 100 machines is still cheaper than a comparable product. But if you only use it for temporary sessions it is hard to justify. However, Control is bundled with Connectwise Automate so you get Control for nearly nothing when subscribing to Automate.
Insurance, 11-50 employees
November 26, 2018

“Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for.”

OverallOverall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.
ProsI love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need. It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.
ConsI can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made. I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support. I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well. There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet. Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice. Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.
November 26, 2018
Tom C.
Owner / Chief Engineer
November 19, 2018

“Geat product very reliable and good value ”

OverallI think the previous box covered it as best as I can. you spend a lot on advertising your new and other products but it is impossible to buy them when the sales people ignore you even when your a current customer. I have had so many little issues that should have never happened and not been treated very well and fixing them only caused more problems that cost me and caused major problems for my company and our ability to support our customers. While I like the product I am very disappointed with the back office staff and how issues are handled and customers are ignored even whey they are begging for help. I left another vendor to come here when I had an amazing sales rep held me and get my onboarding taken care of and help me in every step of they way learn the basic of the product. She even tried 2 times to get me in touch with other departments for MSP products I needed with no luck before she left the company. I Am about to sign up with PCmatic later this week as I need a MSP product and wish it could have been with Connnectwise . I am not sure if I will stay wit the product I had one heck of a ride in my year and a half or so and issues that should have never happened and when they did should have never been handled the way they did that crippled my company. I apologize if my review may upset anyone but you did ask for it I am taking the time to be honest and tell you my true experience It is important to know the truth on how the customer feels. I hope it helps you.
ProsVery reliable, The ability to preview desktops is a huge plus and adding 3rd party plug ins is wonderful.
ConsWish it had a roll out tool for installing on multiple computers. The platform does go down from time to time and you can self fix it by moving your system to a different location yourself. There are issues with the license counter and many times it says I am out of licenses and we are unable to use the product when we still have license available not being used. Two support requests tickets have been sent and they never respond. Support is a hit and miss. Email support and they will not reply or respond so it is useless , Chat support is hit or miss depending on who you get but if you get the right person it is great. Sales is very disappointing I have been using the product for over a year and so many times I tried to contact sales by email and phone about buying other products the sales reps will never call you back or respond so I gave up and went with another vendor. The sales rep I was working with that was amazing when I started with the Connectwise no longer works there so I am just left floating out here. When I had issues with my license it was a nightmare and ended up costing me a bunch of money to fix I have to repay for my subscription I was already paid for. I gave up trying to resolve the issue paying for something that I already paid because my company was down I needed the product working so we can support our customers. I still have a balance on my account due that I do not owe from that nightmare. Its a good product but there are serious back office issues.
November 19, 2018
October 29, 2018

“The Unfortunate Software Cycle Victim”

OverallOverall, Connectwise Control has been and is a great software and has allowed me to remotely support clients with a smooth connection and not overly complicated connection process. Unfortunately, I believe being owned by Connectwise was and is the biggest weakness and downfall of the Control (formerly Screenconnect) software. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very usefull and functional software, however, it is very clear that the software lack development because the interface is not the intended interface that Connectwise would like you to use, they want everyone to use Manage, which I completely dislike. I am running the Stand alone version I do not beleive they offer anymore, I am thankfully grandfathered in which isthe best legacy benefit of Screenconnect. I cannot say I have found a better option, however, the software as sold now is all in the cloud and I do not think the benefits are the same as my experience.
ProsI love the performance and quality of software customization allowed. I am able to tweak the software to wording, colors, and images allowing me to make the software more of my own. I like that there are multiple ways to connect to client computers from password, link, and unattended access to name a few options.
ConsThey were formerly ScreenConnect until they were bought out by Connectwise who after my most recent experience are a virus to software. Most of the contribution since the buyout is purely visual and makes it work better with other Connectwise software, effectively crippling any chance Control had of integrating with any other software or advancing features such as the chat window and info windows because they expect you to integrate with other Connectwise software.
October 29, 2018
Orlando H.
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
October 18, 2018

“IT Manager Review of ConnectWise Control”

OverallOne of the unexpected benefits of having ConnectWise Control is the ability for Managers and Office Managers to be given a subset of privileges to use the software for assisting employees remotely. There are many times they have new employees that need a little help getting familiarized with proprietary software we use in the Ag. sector. ConnectWise Control gives the new employee assurance they're not isolated on an island and the managers are not frustrated at having to drop what they're doing to drive over to a remote site to provide assistance with something that can easily be handled remotely with Control. (<--shiver, see how creepy that sounds...) This use case scenario is reason to consider a few extra licenses so your not fighting over them. We have two currently, but are considering upgrading since there are times that I can't admin since the managers are using the licenses. (Aarrghh)
ProsThis software is one of the most important tools I have in my toolbelt for quickly resolving issues. We have a few remote VPN sites and when an endpoint is having issues, it's so much more efficient to see the issue rather than have to decipher another persons interpretation of the issue. Our sites are not very far apart - about 45 minutes from main office, but when we have an issue that hinders or stops our ability to server our customers that drive feels much longer. To reiterate, resolving issues quickly and efficiently is what I like most about ConnectWise Control. Downtime is costly.
ConsProbably my least favorite thing is getting the session filters tweaked just right. Once you get the hang of the syntax it's really not bad, but there is a learning curve. Having your endpoints arranged into session groups is well worth the effort. Oh, and the name needs to be shorter. It doesn't have to be ScreenConnect, but it needs to be that easy to say. Saying Control by itself sounds creepy, like Big Brother creepy. As an Admin I never say "I'm going to use Control to help you with that issue."
October 18, 2018
Peter S.
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2017

“Went from good to AWESOME when we ditched our old remote software for ScreenConnect!”

OverallInexpensive, full featured remote desktop software that is super easy to administrate and use. IT professionals would be hard pressed to find something this good for this price. And companies that need remote access for their employees need look no further.
ProsWe moved from a company that charged 25% for a lot less of what we need. While the old login software was limited to 10 computer for more than we currently pay, we can now remote into 100 computers with unlimited logins. We only needed 25 remote computers but since it is so cheap for the 100 computers we went with that and have started offering this service to our clients so that we can log in to their computers and get the financial data directly from their computers rather than having to have them do it for us (which can take both their time and ours and can be frustrating waiting for the data we need fast). It is MUCH easier to install the software to set up a new computer as all you have to do is name a new computer and download the installer and click on the executable file on the computer you want access to and you are done. 5 minutes to install have up and running. Then you simply have a web portal to access of your computers and you are just two clicks away from the computers you need to access from anywhere in the world.
ConsThere are times when I wish there was a downloadable application to install on computers you will be using frequently to access your remote sessions. But the web login is fine and keeps you logged in for quite some time so having a program installed on your computer is not as much of a necessity. I also don't like that it has an always on preview of the desktop from your web portal. I like that you can see if someone is active on the remote computer you are wanting access to but I think there are some privacy issues that if our clients knew we could "peek" at their desktop without logging in, they might not be so ready to give us access to them.

By ConnectWise on November 13, 2017
Hi Peter, thank you for your helpful feedback on ConnectWise Control! We value your partnership with us and are delighted to hear how well Control works for you and your company. A couple things I wanted to mention for you to know: we value your feedback on having the ability to launch Control on your desktop, and we are actually working on having that functionality for Control partners in the near future! I also wanted to mention that you actually have the ability to turn off the preview mode! Here's the documentation with further detail: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Get_started/Knowledge_base/Restrict_or_remove_the_screenshot_preview
November 7, 2017
James W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2019

“Excellent remote support tool”

OverallI've been using ConnectWise Control for about three years, in a multi-branch company, on a small IT team, there is absolutely no way I could do my job without it.
ProsPerformance is fast over most internet connections. It takes less than two seconds to to connect to a session and begin working with a remote user.
ConsMarketplace for add-ons / extensions is bare, I would love to see more options for extending the functionality of the application.
Alex B.
Partner
October 15, 2018

“ConnectWise Control, Easy To Use Remote Control and Support Tool”

OverallOverall we are very happy with the way Control works and the value it provides to our business. It is one of our must have and our go to support tool.
ProsConnectwise Control is one of the easiest and fastest remote support tools I have used. It allows us as a team to provide on demand remote support to end users without having to have a agent installed on their computer. Works great for connecting to personal laptops and workstations. The agent is easy to install and the web interface is easy to navigate for end users. The options for sending a remote support agent to an end user include a link, an email, or a direct download package which is very helpful for getting end user's online. The client itself is the fastest remote support tool I have used. Once the agent is installed, either a persistent agent, or for on demand support, connection time is usually less than a second. The client provides great options for display scaling, color depth, clipboard support, and a really useful file transfer tool and toolbox. We store our most used support applications in the toolbox that provides our technicians instant access to their most used tools.
ConsThe only part of the software we currently sometimes have issues with and like the least is the way that Control uses the display driver. This sometimes results in slow connections into servers with Matrox graphics cards and doesn't allow us to adjust the resolution of servers that are running without a monitor.
October 15, 2018
Eugene E.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“Close but missing the mark”

OverallOverall I give you product a score of 9 out of 10. I actually love all that it does it is just you chat is very lacking. Good luck.
ProsPrice/value, Installs fast on my client's PCs, very configurable, works well with multiple monitors (now), faster than TeamViewer.
ConsOh, that easy... The chat window is the absolute worst! First of all ... If you go look at my chat logs you will see that I use it all day long, A LOT! Probably 200 messages a day maybe more for 2 years! I wrote that type of chat system in 2002 with visual basic. It is not object-oriented and barely HTML friendly. I suggest you embrace one of the chat libraries standards. so you don't have to roll your own. NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT It needs the ability to change my message after I have submitted it. It is so frustrating to accidentally misspell something and have no way of fixing it. When copying a prior message (to refere to It) your font is WHITE therefore if I paste it back into the chat window it is still white. (white on white!) Hello... How did the testing team miss this! It needs to remember my partial chat (un-submitted) message, even after losing connection and reconnecting or exiting and rerunning the app. It needs a search feature. (I know your code is only buffering back a short distance back, but at least search with the current buffer!) I can always scroll back further and further to expand my search. It needs to have a spell checker, (Or instantiate a COM Control of IE, Chrome and the spell checker will magically work!)
Sam C.
Helpdesk Engineer
June 19, 2019

“Fully featured and robust for Helpdesk management”

OverallControl helps to keep our clients centrally accessible and allows fast response even over poor quality communications lines.
ProsRemote connection is easy to understand and use even for non-tech savvy users, Templates help to decide on what options are shown and not show which is great for customization and de-cluttering. Great 1-click redeploy for updating the control agent version
ConsCloud hosted server is sluggish and slow to respond, each input feels slow and occasionally pages just never finish loading all together. Addons are non-curated and seem rarely upto date and working. API documentation for Control seems non-existent or sparse. No Android endpoint app to remote control mobile devices (This is the one feature that almost had us turn to LogMeIn's product line) even teamviewer has a host app although it connects in the reverse fashion to match the teamviewer desktop app.
Craig J.
Computer Repair Technician
September 30, 2019

“Excellant Software for IT Support”

OverallI remotely help home users and business clients daily. It is fast, responsive and kind of fun to use. The toolbox and file transfer feature is awesome..
ProsEase of use for both the IT provider and he client. Really easy to setup and configure. Provides a nice customized link for the customer to go to get the support software and install it. Monitoring of the clients computers is very well thought out and extremely easy to find the customer I need to connect to.
ConsI honestly have no Cons at this time. I've been extremely happy with the software. I switched to ConnectWise after using of the competitors software. Pricing for ConnectWise is better and the setup part for the customer to obtain the download for assistance is far better.
September 30, 2019
Mark A. H.
Technical Account Manager
June 19, 2019

“There is no better solution”

OverallI can remote into my clients PC's for support or have unattended connections to servers for maintenance and monitoring. Saves time (not travelling to client location) allows me the freedom to work from anywhere
Pros-Works very well. -not resource heavy -multi platform
Cons-Nothing I can really think of. -This is my go to application for rmm.
Ricky F.
IT Director
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Great Choice for our needs”

OverallWith ConnectWise control, our support teams are able to quickly determine if a system or location (with multiple systems) are offline since the client app maintains a connection to the Control Panel. Also, the settings can be configured to allow systems to be assigned to HelpDesk team members without exposing all of the systems and remote access can be configured to require end user consent before connecting.
ProsThe ConnectWise Control software allows our internal IT support to easily manage in house systems and Servers without requiring end user input. Our HelpDesk team uses ConnectWise Manage for our customers' systems and Control is a part of that software as well.
ConsWe have yet to find an issue or complaint with using this software. Initially, we had to manually update the clients when new versions came out but now that the updates are automatic the software functions to our complete satisfaction.
Antonio R.
Chief Technology Officer
October 19, 2018

“Best remote control software out there, period!”

OverallWe used Log Me In Rescue for years, paying $500+ a month. We've used TeamViewer, gotomeeting, join.me and Splashtop. We switched to ScreenConnect over 5 years ago and never looked back. The licensing model allowed us to pay once for a number of concurrent connections without having to worry about the number of techs we have. With this licensing model we can pay for upgrades every few years and still save many times over from what we used to pay for Log Me In Rescue. We run the server on our own hardware, having complete control over who has access to it and from where. When ConnectWise took over the product and renamed it to Control we had no issues. They've continued developing it rapidly.
ProsYou can buy a license forever. Easy to install/update the server component. Easy to train new users. Easy to deploy to customers. Has every feature we'd ever want: recording sessions, copy/paste into remote window, unattended access, flexible security settings for different levels of employees, works through UAC prompts (unlike gotomeeting), transfer files/directories to/from remote machine, toolbox to run common executables with one click. Has an API to build additions (we've never had to but it's nice to know we can.)
ConsWe were nervous when ConnectWise bought this company (previously ScreenConnect) because they were known for "rent only" products but for now they've kept the option to buy licenses to own. The possibility that one day they could change the licensing model to rent only is the only thing I dislike about using the software.
October 19, 2018
Zane C.
Senior Integrated Production Specialist
Computer Hardware, 501-1000 employees
October 10, 2019

“ConnectWise Control helps us support our global customers ”

OverallConnectWise Control has allowed us to deliver a custom-branded remote support solution.
ProsI really like the fact that we can own an on-premise license and not be tied to a contract. It also does not leave any client software installed.
ConsPurchasing additional licenses is harder than it should be, I've reached out to them several times and no one has called me back,
October 10, 2019
William K.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“ConnectWist Control FOR THE WIN!!!!”

OverallOverall ConnectWise Control has done everything we have needed and has been an outstanding product!
ProsWe love the price, the quality, the speed, the access, ability to share control with our customers and the amazing 24/7 Support!!
ConsThe organization and search abilities are not the greatest within the software.
Jason S.
Executive Director / Digital Architect
Market Research, 1-10 employees
October 13, 2018

“The ultimate assistance tool”

OverallWe have instant access to every supported remote machine, both internal and with customers, and it allows us to chat to a customer on the phone, then assist them seamlessly. I'd recommend the cloud version over self-hosted. It works out to be very cost-effective, and is very fast.
ProsThe ability to drag-drop files directly to or from a session to your local machine make it extremely quick and easy to use, and was a key purchasing feature. The cloud based option is extremely fast, with geo-location options for the nearest cloud location. Unlike other similar solutions (which we used to own) you don't get ripped off with upgrade costs every time a new version comes out (which we did). The huge amount of customisation is of great benefit as it allows us to brand the product to prevent customers feeling uncomfortable that it's a third-party product that may compromise their security. The system also allows remote management of Android devices, which we use to work on tablets at some customers.
ConsA peer-peer option would be nice for performance to local machines, but that's a minor thing. The Android remote client can have issues synchronising the mouse pointer to the screen, but at least we can walk users through working on the device in real-time. Other than that we haven't experienced any issues or found anything that makes us consider any other option.
October 13, 2018
January 8, 2019

“The best Remote Control Tool on the market”

OverallI have been using this produce for many, many years, originally as ScreenConnect. It has been a valuable tool that I could not go without. I am extremely satisfied with the product. I just hope the pricing model doesn't continue to be changed like it was late 2018.
ProsConnectWise Control has a straight forward pricing model, works extremely well both for remote tech as well as customer. Extremely easy to start a session as well as access a running session. With the Access Sessions (always running) option, you can add all your managed computers and quickly remote in. This is one of the first to support all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS. This gives quick and easy access to all types of remote computers, no longer do you need to support multiple remote access tools to support your customer base.
ConsI only have two complaints, the pricing model although fair, can get out of control if you want to self host or if you need the higher tier plans. The auditing and reporting is something that has always been partially implemented and needs a good bit of work. Also the pricing model was recently changed to move some features to the higher priced tier, this brings consurn that this activity may continue forcing a high monthly rate to maintain the same feature set. Hopefully this isn't true.
MIGUEL M.

“Nice tool”

OverallRemote support for setting up ERP software. Remote consultation or meeting
ProsCustomer portal and operator portal are awesome. Very easy to tag the remote device and group them by customer
ConsNo support for silent installation. Sometimes our customer requires support and the portal is complicated for him so we launch the installation through our ERP software but sometimes the customer cancels the installation.
Eric B.
Food Production, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2019

“Best Remote Control Management Software”

OverallWe used TeamViewer for several years before a colleague recommended ConnectWise Control. I would never go back to TeamViewer - ConnectWise Control has saved us a lot of time and effort.
ProsWorks with any browser, doesn't use a lot of resources, allows us to provide full service remote management to our customers, easy to install on many computers, and is economical.
ConsThe default color theme is red, which is annoying to me. That's the worst thing I can say about the software.
christopher c.
service manager

“review ”

Overallat times it takes me longer to setup connectwise and get ready to assist a client than the time it takes me to actually fix the issue remotely
Prosthe remote features and stability of the session
Consthe email confirmation code number to activate a session on other PC's
Lisa H.
PC/Network technician and business owner
April 12, 2019

“An invaluable tool for supporting clients remotely”

OverallConnecting remotely to help clients makes up about 25% of my total revenue, so ConnectWise Control is a huge part of my business. I have used other paid services in my decades of providing computer support, but each one has raised its prices too far and too fast for me to continue using it. So far, ConnectWise has not done this, and I hope they continue to be affordable.
ProsThe remote access tool is robust and easy to configure and use. The interface has so many tools that I haven't even had time to try all of them, but each one I've tried has provided excellent functionality. Having several different ways to get a remote customer connected has just been awesome. I love the customization with my company's information. It is very competitively-priced, and they have not raised the price very much (if at all) in the several years I've been using it.
ConsI have had a few clients whose computers were so badly infected or corrupted that they couldn't get the software to install, but they could get Chrome Remote Desktop to install. I assume that the limited set of features in CRD and piggybacking on the Google Chrome installation that was already there helped in those situations. I think it has happened around five times in the hundreds of times I've tried to add a client in this way, so that's not a big problem.
April 12, 2019
Eli P.
Centralized Services Manager
May 28, 2019

“Great Remote Control Product But Support Can Be Below Average”

OverallOverall, I have been very happy with the functionality of ConnectWise Control. It allows us to remotely manged and assist customer very reliably. We have also been able to efficiently troubleshoot other remote management software using ConnectWise control functions and extensions.
ProsConnectWise Control simply works better and more reliably than any other remote control software at it's price point. The agent is very lightweight and reliable. Supplemental features like remote command line functions are very helpful in troubleshooting issues with other managed software.
ConsConnectWise support can be frustrating at times. Often we need to spend too much time working with a first level tech who is not very helpful before we can get tickets escalated to a more experienced tech that can help us more efficiently.
May 28, 2019
Steven M.
Food Production, 51-200 employees
July 9, 2019

“Does what you need it to do”

OverallRemote assistance to desktop computers as well as Remote Administration.
ProsConnectWise Control does what I need. I specifically like: Remote Control, Backstage, and the ability to run scripts.
ConsI dislike the purely web-based aspect. I would prefer an 'installed dashboard' from which to work.
Thomas B.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“very full featured”

Overallremote control. Half my workforce is remote, and half of the remaining 50% travel often. This tool is invaluable in fixing issues that arise when I do not have physical presence to my users.
ProsHas chat to let you talk to users. can execute commands remotely without affecting users, stays persistent even after reboot of client, has console with all possible connection listed, has old style too, of not installing agent but going to a web link and putting in a code to connect, as well as client distribution for instant access.
ConsI know they are fixing bug and enhancing security, but the volume of updates is somewhat daunting when the clients do not update themselves automatically. Updates would be a lot easier of they would push them or at least give you the option to have it push updates to say 50 users at a time.
Matthew B.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

“Connectwise”

OverallEasy to use and administer. Also cost much less than competitors.
ProsDid a internet search. Was tired of paying high prices for Team Viewer
ConsWould like to get alerts of unusual activity.
Jeff W.
CIO
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
March 5, 2019

“The Right Tool for the Job ”

OverallWe administer lots of remote systems with specialized software that is an exception to traditional IT rules of the road. This software has been a game changer in our ability to support these sytems across the country with a simple .. get that box to see google and I can help you motif. It does all that we needed and that is rare in this world
ProsThis was what we needed when we needed to graduate above the Logmein or TeamViewer world. it allows us to have an on premise (and therefor single point of connection) for our remote sites. This allows you to ask for a single firewall exception by IP to allow remote admin. The security and functionality is superior to RDP or other options and allows us to share session and therefor administer while remote users are showing whatever the issue is (without a logout or storing large amounts of credentials etc) and works great with disparate local login methods (differing domains, high or low secrity logins etc.)
ConsThere are some convoluted setup steps to get it to do what we needed. There should also be a Backup utillity for the Keys and Config )preferably from the web admin GUI (a la a router that lets you download all your firewall rules etc)
March 5, 2019
Brad T.
March 1, 2019

“Excellent Remote Support for Savvy Technicians”

OverallAs a mixed MSP and residential computer support company, we utilize connectwise for quick support calls and our daily support and maintenance work. Even things you wouldn't expect, like the recent timeline of connection history per client helps to diagnose network and internet issues. In the absence of a true RMM platform, ConnectWise offers a tremendous breadth of features and integrates well into other solutions.
ProsThe basics of connecting to a computer are very simple and discoverable. The client-side installation is light and stable. The customizations and more advanced features are excellent. I have a remote support portal embedded on my website which makes it easier to get connected to a client over the phone. I have custom groups setup. I have some handy scripts and tools saved in the toolbox. And also quite beneficial, it's incredibly quick and easy to start a support session from any computer - truly cloud-based.
ConsThere is very little to say as far as cons. Some less-frequently-used features are less discoverable. Creating groups takes a little learning since you have to write out a boolean sequence. But I still happily trade a small amount of complexity for the power it offers.
YagneshKumar P.
Software Engineer
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
May 5, 2018

“ConnectWise Control Review ”

OverallBy using Connect Wise Control we are getting on time remote access to our servers, we can perform server updates and upgrades without any connection issues. Our clients are always happy that they can access our application anytime, anywhere, any device without the loss of connection. Connect Wise Control has tons of features to use without comprising downtime in this time of century.
ProsFor the past 6 months or so the company i work for has switched to Connect Wise Control, we can connect to remote servers that are most of the time unattended without the need of a human being giving us access. Moreover Connect Wise Control has some of the best features; Remote Access, which lets me to access our clients' server anywhere, anytime, and any device, Remote Meetings, with Connect Wise Control i can create a meeting to invite attendees to talk about our company's software workflow, and so much more, and lastly, the security integrated with Connect Wise Control which i can added different levels of security to different users accessing our servers via Connect Wise Control. Also, regarding to security, the different levels of security that i can give are; Permission based, Consent based, open communication, and No Footprint, Mostly we use the Consent based permission where the user will log his or her name on accessing the servers.
ConsI Have not come across any issues with Connect Wise Control since i started using in the past six months.

By ConnectWise on May 16, 2018
Hi Yagnesh, thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control!
May 5, 2018
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
July 31, 2019

“One of the greatest tools for sysadmins”

OverallGreat ease of use, rich with very useful features (for example Remote Toolbox)
Pros-Multi-platform support - Web based administration panel - Not-so-easy to disable by client
Cons- Licencing plans - Difference in appearance and performance on non-Windows platforms - Poor performance of Meeting app
July 31, 2019
JAMES B.
Systems Administrator
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great screen-share across the board”

OverallI love use ConnectWise in general, and Control in particular. They desperately need to up their Mac game to work in dual deployment environments.
Pros- Ease of use - Ability to share links with end users directly - Unlimited asset installs for easy remoting in - Works across windows and mac - Power tools to drop in applications, share files, run scripts
Cons- There is a huge issue where the Mac client doesn't work consistently, this is the largest problem with the software - The Mac process in general of allowing control can be convoluted for end users
Ronnie A.
IT Specialist
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
June 19, 2019

“Simplicity vs Technical Configuration”

OverallI solve problems quickly, and on the spot, because I can be anywhere with internet, and get a job done or at least examined with the remote capabilities and functions. Over all I will buy again, because it is a great value. But like I said, configuration needs an overhaul for QUICK, and I mean QUICK, configurations.
ProsThe ease at which to create client installs, updates, and easy grouping. Smooth connections 80% of the time.
ConsConfiguring things like custom icons, auto updates for clients, and other configurations in this area, are crude, more from a programmers stand point. This needs to be HIGHLY polished up, and made quick and easy. Because IT guys don't have time to always call and chat with support, so you have to look the things up I mentioned, via online information or chatting with your tech agents. The tech agents are quick to respond, but it's something that shouldn't be necessary for CUSTOM configuration. Even configuring sub-techs under me, and their permissions, and what group they can be in, etc., it should be DRAG and DROP, not looking at the steps in online tech docs. But as far as the remote operations with a client, outstanding! Other than 20% of the time they do have occasional LOCKS, where you have to abort the connection, and re-connect. This isn't local, because I tech remote from every location known to man......lol
Aaron S.
IT Director
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“My #1 most used tool”

OverallWe deploy this on all Windows machines so that we can easily access regardless of location. Love that we are able to block user input when needed and take over company assets without waiting on the user input.
ProsEasy to use, very customizable and lots of features!
ConsWould like the option for more "sub folders" to group machines in.
Pierce D.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“Easy to Use and configure”

OverallWe've been using it in our SMB for over 3 years and we've never had issues. We use the cloud hosted solution for 1 technician at a time. Very little down time, upgrades to server and clients are automatic. Sort of a "Set it and forget it" solution. You just have to make sure the client software gets installed at each endpoint and you are set to go!
Pros-easy setup, just download and install software to endpoint -easy to configure, all done via web console and can customize branding, colors, etc. -useful plugins available -console available to run CMDs remotely on a host
Cons-everything is done interactively and manually, meaning you can't schedule tasks with it
Joey E.
Director of Information Technology
Newspapers, 51-200 employees
January 11, 2019

“ConnectWise Control”

OverallWe needed a product that was easy to deploy that would allow us to remotely connect to and mange our outer offices. I've used all the big remote control programs starting with pcAnywhere back in 2005 to Logmein, Bomgar, gotomyPC, VNC,etc... Control is the fastest out of them all. It has a robust tool set with the ability to store my own custom tools. With the msi installer, I have Control tied to our domain group policy. When a new computer is joined to our domain, it automatically gets Control installed. I have used both the on-premises and cloud versions of Control and I have been extremely happy with both. It has been easy to maintain, update, and administer.
ProsThe ablility to run commands on multiple machines at once. Example, after updating a group policy item, I want to immediately push it out. I can select all the computers in my organization and then choose "Run Command". I enter, "gpupdate /force" and all the computers then get the updated GPO. The new View add-in is an absolute godsend. When you have a remote office and you need to see and hear what's going on, this is a lifesaver.
ConsI wish it gave more information about the computers sometimes. Like: private IP address make/model of the pc
January 11, 2019
Jonathan O.
January 9, 2019

“Better value alternative Remote Access software”

ProsThat despite the limitation below, it is much more affordable than competitors, and once successfully connected to your client's agent, it works magnificently.
Cons1) That there is no Access software, that to connect to a client's agent you have to open a web browser, go to your screenconnect site, log in, and then when you connect to a client you have to run a little executable, every time, one of several different methods that sometimes don't work. 2) Some times, but enough times to be a real issue, once connected you just get a black screen. If the client is at their computer they report that they can see you moving the mouse, pressing the Windows key (for Start menu), but you can't see anything. So still need to have competitor software running (in 5 minute unlicensed mode) so you can gain remote access at all. 3) Licensing value is better and fairer than others, but could still be fairer. The jump from 1 to 3 sessions is a bit steep, when competitors let you have unlimited sessions in the base price, and the fact that you can't connect to clients from both your desktop and laptop simultaneously, even if only trying to connect to one session from each with a 3 session Standard license - well - without doubling the license cost! (Again, when competetors let you do this).
January 9, 2019
Quentin L.
October 12, 2018

“Incredibly fast and reliable Remote Control solution”

OverallThis solution is fantastic for an MSP such as myself that needs to provide support to clients. The ability to start an ad-hoc session easily or have a persistent remote session option available to fit the situation works as it should. I keep repeating myself, but the speed and simplicity of using this product is fantastic. I'm also pretty happy with the pace of innovation and new features that they continue to add to the product.
ProsThe speed of the product and the ease of implementation.
ConsThe licensing model has changed over the years and it seems to be more limited in the ways that you can buy and use it now if you are not a ConnectWise partner. At least the last time I checked. I am a ConnectWise partner so I have 100% of the functionality that I want. I haven't tried their remote printing feature in well over a year, but that is the only aspect of this software that ever disappointed. It was never something that I really wanted or needed myself, but since I allow some of my clients to use my Control instance to access their own machines from home I did try to get it working a while back. It was pretty inconsistent at that time and I have not gone back to see if it works better or not in the latest versions.
Tom S.
Owner/operator

“Great remote software ”

OverallControl is a very affordable remote support suite., especially compared to their competitors. Using Control I am able to support my clients, even though I'm now quite far away. I've been very pleased with the stability and functionality of the software.
ProsI really like the stability of the software once connected. I can reboot the remote system and log back in without a remote user's assistance. It also lets me easily set up a long term connection with a remote system so I can login whenever I need. After the basics there's an immense amount of customization and add ons possible. I really enjoy the control granted over the software. Finally it had a feature which I hope they bring back, the ability to text a link and then connect to a phone's camera. It was great for assisting when the workstation network was down.
ConsThe main issue I have with control is the actual logging part of it. They've done a lot to help the user understand how to connect, as in writing instructions about what to do right on the connection page, but about half my users still get a bit lost. I would love to see a much simpler connection process.
Aleksandr Z.
IT Desktop Support Specialist III
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2019

“Our 2 year experience with ConnectWise Control”

OverallOverall the experience has been positive. ConnectWise Control is a more cost effective solution than TeamViewer, and is overall easier to manage and use. There were some difficulties with hashing out certain bugs earlier on. Lately, we have noticed performance decrease with external users within our company. As a note: If your IT department is implementing ConnectWise Control into your ecosystem and has Mac users, remember to allow ConnectWise Control client permission to control the Mac in System Preferences - > Accessibility.
ProsConnectWise is easy to use and has a very friendly web interface. Great long term cost effective solution.
ConsThere were some bugs with an earlier version where the overlay "Agent is controlling your computer" would not go away for the customer once the agent disconnected and ended the session
July 25, 2019