Motivosity Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

About Motivosity

Motivosity is a social platform where employees can give each other small monetary bonuses for doing good things. We back what we do with a six-month money-back guarantee and promise a 95% user participation rate among your employees. With Motivosity, your organization will see more energy and collaboration, more autonomy and ownership happening, more management involvement, higher employee success rates. Points and prizes are for carnivals. Let's make your recognition program real. Learn more about Motivosity

Jeff C.
Principal Technical Recruiter
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
October 11, 2019

“Hands down the best peer-to-peer recognition software!”

OverallOverall, I am very satisfied with Motivosity and can't imagine my employer life without it! It helps to pump each other up, point out successes and wins on the team, and help look for any red flags in overall employee happiness.
ProsI have used Motivosity for several years and at several companies and I have loved it since day 1. Every time I use it, it's like a big, warm hug from your grandma! There are several things I love about it. 1) It's very easy to use! The interface is clean and easy to navigate. It hints you towards next steps you can take, which makes recognizing people easy. 2) Motivosity has a nice interface to see how other people are getting recognized. It's cool to see the feed of your coworkers and leaders being recognized for their hard work and projects they are working on. Coming from an HR background, I appreciate the recognition that is easily seen, which helps motivate you to keep doing better. 3) Any news from Motivosity is positive. I have never seen anything negative there, which helps promote a good environment. Sometimes I'll scroll through Motivosity and it pumps me up to see so much success happening around us. 4) There are fun tools in Motivosity, such as the Meyer's Briggs test, the interest maps, and the store to spend your reward money in. 5) I appreciate the surveys it asks to check in on me to see if I am being recognized frequently. Recognition is so important for morale, and Motivosity is the ultimate software to make this easy and possible!
ConsThe only con I can think of is that I wasn't able to use the software sooner. I first started using it in 2015 at Workfront and quickly saw that previous employers I worked with could have benefitted so much from it. The software is clean, intuitive, and easy to use. I cannot say anything negative about it because there are none!
October 11, 2019
Craig B.
HR Business Partner
July 21, 2016

“Motivosity - An Indispensable Tool for Next-Gen Culture”

OverallWe started using Motivosity as a replacement for our previous employee recognition program (which consisted of hand written notes available for employees to fill out at the front desk). Motivosity is far and away the best tool we've used to increase employee engagement. It has changed the way we work in a few different ways: it helps employees recognize and reward each other for help given; connects like-minded individuals throughout the company in things that interest them; helps managers keep track of important dates on their teams (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.); acts as a searchable company directory, not only for names and contact info but for skills and job responsibilities; gives managers insights into how their employees personalities affect their working relationships; and the list goes on and on. One of the biggest benefits we've seen is the cultural inclusion of our remote and international employees. It really shrinks our corporate world so employees across the world feel like they're in the same building. Recently departments besides HR have been using Motivosity to facilitate company-wide rewards for participation in software testing, marketing feedback, and more. Motivosity is a very easy way to incentivize employee participation in those projects. New features are being added all the time, so the software's value keeps increasing while we use it. Most importantly, Motivosity is actually used by our employees. A lot. Their interest hasn't fizzled over time, even without constant reminders or initiatives to increase usage. Once Motivosity got going it was self-perpetuating.
ProsSetup and maintenance is a breeze. We typically have one administrator look things over about once a week, and tools like mass importing and exporting of users and API integration options keep everything up to date. Motivosity also adapts to varying budget constraints. You can spend as much or as little as you want to administer your recognitions and awards. Motivosity seems so simple of a tool for the amount of benefits it offers.
ConsSince Motivosity is relatively new as a product, there are some features that would be nice to have, but aren't available yet. Luckily, since it is so new, the product teams are very responsive to requests for features.
Recommendations to other buyersI love talking about Motivosity with other professionals in my field because I feel like I'm bragging. It definitely puts our company ahead of the game in terms of employee value, especially when talent can be scarce.
Austin M.
Vice President, Talent and Human Resources
July 21, 2016

“Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building”

OverallI have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr. leadership and a culture of high performance, this was a great tool to publicly reward top performers, show that our company cared, create relationships and interactions cross-departmentally, etc... This tool got people involved with each other and allowed us to clarify and drive a culture that focused on revenue generation and top line growth. This tool does not create a culture, but it definitely helps in sustaining the culture we wanted. I would highly recommend it!
ProsEasy to implement<br> Great and simple UI<br> High adoption rates<br> Created a sense of gratitude and giving<br> Broke down cross departmental barriers <br> Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what<br> Increased engagement<br> Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition<br> Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives<br> Create large company challenges and rewarded through system<br> Created a sense of unity in the organization
ConsI would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective<br> Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first
Recommendations to other buyersI would, without hesitation, recommend Motivosity as a very strong tool to build and grow a company culture. It provides the opportunity to reward and share experiences with each other. It brings the company closer to each other by breaking down barriers and increasing communication. It is not just a cool fad, but really drives to the psychology of people and their need to feel important, given affirmation, and give to others. All of those create a happier work experience.
Lisa C.
Documentation Specialist
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Moto for Mayor!”

OverallI've loved using Motivosity to instantaneously show my appreciation to my coworkers, even for simple things. I also love receiving Moto bucks; it totally makes my day. Motivosity is one of the features about my company that I always talk up to friends and family. It's a really fun and smart service that I love. I find myself wishing I had everyone I know attached to my Motivosity account so I could send a dollar here or there to someone who did something nice. I find that I just go to Motivosity to only send, view, and cash out on rewards. The surveys don't really tell me anything and the leaderboards don't mean anything to me because I don't know how it's calculated. I just know you probably get points for sending and receiving, but for those of us who aren't manager and above and only get a certain amount to give, it's pretty limiting. A while ago I did notice a bunch of typos and grammar/spelling issues on your website, so I sent an email to some generic address I found on the website saying that someone in Marketing should probably fix the issues I found. Someone actually responded and I don't know if they fixed them, but the website does look much better than it did a year ago.
Pros- It truly is super motivating - easy to send and receive - gift cards come quickly
Cons- the UI is not very pretty - Sometimes I wish motivosity would "nudge" or remind you to think about someone who did something for you. I do a lot of last minute projects and most of the time, people are super generous and show their appreciation but sometimes I don't hear anything. I know it's a little entitled to expect moto bucks, but I know some departments in my company are notorious for not using moto bucks at all, which is a little discouraging. - the milestones and org chart are pretty lame. - there's really nothing to do of interest in motivosity except give money and cash out.
Buck M.
President, SBA Division
Banking, 51-200 employees

“Gratitude simplified! ”

OverallOne of the cheapest ways to motivate and empower employees is to say thank you. Too often we grateful to someone, but fail to actually express the gratitude. With Motivosity, it is easy to express thankfulness. The features of Motivosity allow for the user to quickly find the person they want to thank and then within 30-60 seconds can type up a quick thank you. It can be as simple as a "thank you for being you" or as elaborate as you want it to be. The system allows for people to be involved at the degree they feel comfortable and not forced to fill out a long form or make their gratitude fit in to someone else's format. Additionally, we've used Motivosity to create fun games within our institution, with March Madness, we implemented a bracket system with departments that recognized and encouraged our people to complete their profiles, look at other people's profiles, to read the notes sent and to send recognition to other folks. This got everyone involved and allows us to realize shared interest in people who may not be geographically located near us. This has increased the "human" aspect of our jobs and formed connections between people and departments, which leads to greater respect and collaboration. I've really enjoyed the simplistic nature of Motivosity and look forward to seeing how the program evolves going forward.
Prossimple, easy to use. Allows for 360 degrees of recognition, meaning that not only leaders recognizing reports, but peers recognizing peers, reports recognizing leadership. Despite what some people think, as a leader of people, we like to be told we're doing a good job too!
ConsWhen filling out the profile, it would be nice to have the system have a pop up window or highlight the areas in red that were not filled in correctly vs. just freezing and not allowing the user to complete. This would reduce the frustration of when a new user is trying to fill out the profile and gets stuck.
Recommendations to other buyersWe created a game within Motivosity for March Madness. It would be nice if Motivosity would create games or other ways to keep users engaged through different months. The concern is how to keep employees motivated to continue Motivosity after the initial ramp up...with monthly games or additional content, we could continue to promote internally.

By Motivosity on June 2, 2017
Buck, you are awesome. We love your creative ideas about culture games and are working internally on some things to support your ideas for games
Lorinda W.
Training Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

“Fantastic Software System”

OverallBeing able to provide positive feedback, compliments, and say thank you is a huge plus and contributes to a positive work place when utilized by people in the company. Sometimes you're forced to wait until the next scheduled meeting to offer feedback and this is much quicker. I also like the highlights and use it for several things: introducing new employees to the company, posting positive quotes, sharing pictures location to location, events, etc. Great system!
ProsI love being able to provide quick feedback, compliments, say thanks, etc. without waiting until the next scheduled meeting or in person visit. You can do it in a few quick seconds. I like the profiles you can personalize, the updates you can customize on a company or personal level, and the recognition and highlights are great!
ConsCon: when you upload a picture you almost always have to crop it and some pictures just don't work when you have to crop them. (i'm referring to the highlight section) These are more suggestions than Cons, but would be helpful. I'd like to be able to add more than one picture in a highlight. I'd like to be able to add pictures to a comment. I'd love a calendar option that you can view for company events, as well as see the anniversary and birthday dates in calendar form. I'd also like to be able to change color options.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 24, 2019

“Creative, fun tool for showing appreciation to your coworkers!”

OverallOverall, this is a really sound product. It offers just enough customization and is really easy to use. I recommend motivosity to a lot of employers I interact with.
ProsI really enjoy the ability to show appreciation to a coworkers via motivosity. I love that I can make my appreciation public or private. I like how I can link the appreciation to a specific company value. I think the monthly and yearly leaderboard is a fun feature. Also like that I can thank a group of people simultaneously.
ConsI would like to have some core teams created in motivosity. For example the business development team - I could have them preloaded into my motivosity account and then pull them up as a group rather than pulling them in one by one. Additionally, the leaderboard seems to lag when it updates fairly significantly (that feels like something they could easily fix internally).
Scott P.
Core Network Engineer
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
November 30, 2018

“A tool that continues to be useful”

OverallDespite the one annoyance I mentioned above, I heartily recommend using Motivosity. It makes it easy to express gratitude, and offers one more meaningful way to interact with my co-workers.
ProsMotivosity allows the people in my department to give and receive thanks/recognition for individual and group contributions. It's a versatile tool. I like how my organization has been able to tweak the user interface so that we can offer kudos according to our six company values (Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence). I like the Badges capability, although we don't use it as much as we could. The Interests and Personality widgets add a even more usefulness. I also appreciate the option to send the recognition in a public or private message.
ConsI hate popups with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. So when I sign in and a popup invades a big chunk in the center of my screen, asking about whether I've received recognition for my work in the past few days, it's not a positive thing. I'm not against filling out a brief survey for that purpose, but that delivery method irks me. It's probably something that can be adjusted by the person(s) in my department who manage the user interface.
November 30, 2018
Heather S.
Director, Student Support Services
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
October 16, 2019

“Do you feel appreciated?”

OverallI was apart of the implementation team and the first team to pilot the software for our corporation. I have been satisfied with the capabilities it has offered thus far and see the potential for it to be more for users and companies in the future.
ProsI appreciate the dynamic ability to recognize individuals regardless of role or status. This can be personal or public and has the ability to badge based on award recognition. It is our goal to ensure employees are very satisfied and feel appreciated in their work every day. Motivosity provides us the platform to achieve that goal while also allowing employees to appreciate each other.
ConsLack of and easy of integration capabilities with external vendors that offer corporate stores. The only offering is gift cards, which is great but becomes meaningless to employees after awhile.
October 16, 2019
Jim R.
Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
August 30, 2017

“Happy Employees”

ProsBefore Motivosity, we would recognize our Associates that required a lot more administration and we always found that people would come and want to exchange their gift for something else. This product has made it very employee friendly as well as added other valuable tools. We solely use Motivosity as our only company org chart and find great value in the personality test and "social media" presence this gives our associates.
ConsMy biggest frustration is the customer service, I wish there was a call in number we could talk to someone and fix the issues, instead we must rely via email which isn't as efficient. We used to have other features and granted its been upgraded but there are certain features we need as admin that haven't been added back. I've brought up the concern and the most we have heard is, "we'll look into it".
August 30, 2017
Jonathan S.
Senior Director, International Technical Engineering
September 11, 2018

“Motivosity”

ProsMotivosity has brought a wealth of benefits to my team and, I feel, the company as a whole. Being able to recognise team members with a dollar here and there is fun and rewarding for everyone. Being able to recognise individual contributors from other teams and have the rest of the company see the great results achievable through greater collaboration shift everything up a gear. Having the ability to see staff as people rather than just a name in an address book also builds bridges, especially in a global organisation where you might otherwise never see a person's face or ever get to find out that you share similar interests and goals. Motivosity does a great gap of bridging the void that existed between company newsletters and social networks. The integration with third party applications has facilitated rewarding initiatives surrounding health and well-being and the multitude of options for 'cashing out' (store cards, pre-paid credit cards, charities) is welcomed by everyone. The interface is intuitive, interesting to explore, and has always been available, fast and aesthetically pleasing.
ConsIt's hard to think of any negative points surrounding Motivosity - it has filled a gap and, as such, has only brought benefits.
September 11, 2018
Andrew G.
Customer Success Manager
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 27, 2019

“Motivating Coworkers the Right Way”

OverallThis product really helps us achieve our company value of ownership and openness by motivating my colleagues to own different tasks and excel in their performance knowing that they may earn some respect and admiration (and money) from their peers. It helps people also be more aware of the good things people are doing and provides a great way to express gratitude for those actions.
ProsI love the ease of use I get with Motivosity. The interface is clean and simple and provides a good user experience. I love the ability to see the praise my colleagues receive. Also, who doesn't love receiving a shoutout from their coworkers? This software makes that simple.
ConsI'm a bit of a competitive person so the leaderboard functionality is great. It isn't always clear, however, what drives that and how I can remain one of the top "givers" in my organization.
Maigan S.
SBA Relationship Manager/VP
January 17, 2018

“Love being able to thank my co-workers using this program. It's quick and easy!”

ProsI really enjoy being able to enter my own comments into the thank you box...it's great not being limited to drop down boxes. Also l like how you can make comments private. Not everyone needs to see everything so it's great you can decide if it's public or private. The personality profile is also really cool. It's fun to see other people in the bank who are like me. And being able to change your profile picture. The fact that it's not some goofy profile picture HR plugs in there is awesome...I like that I have control over that.
ConsI still don't really understand how the points work...I am pretty sure you get more points for being thanked vs sending thanks, but in my head that is kind of opposite of how it should be. I know the intent isn't to get Motivosity points but since we do get points I feel like it's a flawed system. It's always better to give then to get, in my opinion anyhow.
January 17, 2018
Alex L.
November 30, 2016

“Bluehost Review - Employee Perspective.”

OverallWe have been using Motivosity for over 3 years. This is Night and Day difference over our previous solution that we were using. One of the many things I love about Motivosity is simply having far more control over how I recognize my fellow employee's. Our company puts in a monthly allotment, I can give that entire amount, or fraction of that amount, and be able to recognize more people. If that isn't enough, and there is someone that really deserves more, I can dip into my own personal balance, and give from that as well. Makes is amazing when needing to truly recognize someone for efforts you feel are actually deserving of the credit. I also love that our company uses this as a means to raise funds for special employee needs. You can set up a donation link, and our company matches whatever is donated to the cause. Another fabulous way to help your fellow employees. The options to cash out your Motivosity is crazy simple and fantastic. I am not sure if the options are standard and the same across companies who have Motivosity, however, I primarily use the gift card option. Amazon gift cards, iTunes Gift Cards, Visa gift cards (the kind that actually function as a pre-paid card, and not useable at limited locations) All of these have come in the form of a e-card. Delivery is instant, and I am redeeming gifts and purchasing goods within minutes if not seconds of email receipt. I can't speak more highly of this. There are physical cards options, I am just not a patient person and want my goods NOW! haha I have not had one issue using e-gift cards in Physical locations. Printing off, or showing the redemption from my Phone to the vendor has always been successful. I have to say, knowing if a company offered Motivosity as a perk/benefit would be a big deciding factor of taking the job. Kudo's to Bluehost for seeing how valuable this has been, and what a difference it has been to working here. **going on 9 years with Bluehost**

By Motivosity on December 1, 2016
Alex, Thank you so much for your review. We have loved working with Bluehost and are very happy to see that you love Motivosity.
November 30, 2016
Luke A.
Customer Support Technician
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
April 17, 2017

“If you don't use Motivosity are you really working the right job?”

OverallI am a die hard user of Motivosity. I love giving "apology" dollars or pooling together for a pizza a few times a week. I see no other product that gets used in the office as often as Motivosity. The system is user friendly on both the computer or mobile version. I have never had any "bug" issues. Honestly 10/10 I go home and brag about Motivosity or speak of it as a reason why someone should join my company. It is vital to our upbeat workplace environment.
ProsI love the idea of Motivosity. I like that we can reward either publicly or anonymously co-workers for anything. As well we can give Motivosity for a birthday gift of to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. We can make it both playful of professional. There is no limit to the usability in the work place. The software itself is both intuitive and enjoyable to use.
Consn/a keep making a great product to everyone at Motivosity. *high five* to everyone especially the design/engineering team
Recommendations to other buyersadd more venders/companys for gift cards.
April 17, 2017
Guido D.
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 2, 2019

“Great way to get aware of appreciating people”

OverallYou know actively think about appreciating someone when he/she stepped up or helped you.
ProsIt's a very nice system to appreciate your colleagues. Where you normally wouldn't sent a message/email to thank someone, with Motivosity it's fun to do it. Also because everyone in the company can read it. It's fun to motivate the team with a simple message.
ConsThe Highlights option isn't really adding value. When sharing a highlight, it will be quickly 'overflooded' with other messages and not visible as it should be. It would be great to have 2 columns, one for your team - mandatory, and one for the company - or other teams. Highlights should be 'pinned' for some time or have a separate dashboard.
September 2, 2019
Christy B.
Executive Administrator
September 1, 2016

“Simple and effective way to express appreciation for co-workers. Like REALLY simple!”

OverallIn a day filled with projects and meetings I can express satisfaction with a peer in just one minute. No need to stop and draft an email - just click into Motivosity and find their name in the drop down. I send them a Motivosity buck or sometimes just the compliment or note of appreciation. Also the tool keeps me apprised of company anniversaries, personal birthdays and other events that are important to the individuals. Also, the badge feature is nice to recognize achievements and certifications that are pertinent to our industry.
ProsEase of Use and the popularity of the tool within the teams I work with. Makes it simple and FAST to say thanks! I also love the spell check - thanks for that. The feature that allows you to like or comment on a Motivosity thanks is seriously cool.
September 1, 2016
Cyndi H.
Sr Credit and Risk Portfolio Officer
Banking, 501-1000 employees

“Recgnition and Rewards”

OverallI have Motivosity set to come up as a start up option in my browser so I see it every day when I come in. I check it daily and I'm reminded to think of the good things that have happened during the day because it's always open in my browser. I feel like it has helped my individual team to catch others doing great things and give appreciation to their teammates. Appreciation is always a motivator in my opinion, especially when it comes from a peer.
ProsMotivosity has made a difference in the department I work in by spotlighting daily accomplishments of over 100 employees. Prior to having the software in place I don't think we were doing this regularly or consistently. Now we have a way of making sure that every employee feels recognized and is rewarded for their contribution to the group. We have internal and external clients and both send thanks through e-mail but we can also post this using the software to share the kudos with the rest of the team.
ConsI don't have any complaints about the software and I can't think of anything I would change at the moment. I appreciate the immediate follow up, e-mail notifications and the monthly reporting options in the software. It operates the way I expect it to.
Celita S.
HR Specialist
July 24, 2016

“Awesome recognition tool to use at any company.”

OverallOur company has been using Motivosity for over 2 years. It has been a great tool for our employees to be able to recognize each other and have managers show their appreciation for their employees.
ProsI like how easy it is to use and how clean the website is. As an admin, it is very easy to manage as well.
ConsThis is a tough one because Motivosity is really an awesome tool. Their Support is a little slow, but they are always there to help with any questions that we may have.
Recommendations to other buyersBeing that Motivosity is the first recognition tool that our company has ever used, we made a great pick with this one. It has been a great way to bring employees together and to get to know each other. Any company would be silly to not sign up with Motivosity because we have seen it do great things within our company.
July 24, 2016
Tricia M.
Integrations Manager
October 1, 2019

“Exactly what we needed at exactly the right time”

OverallWe had a culture problem where people were not feeling appreciated. We would give quarterly awards, but those were very subjective and only people who were nominated could get one and then only if you went way above and beyond. Management decided to create a Reward and Recognition program that was full of red tape and hoops to jump through and made it nearly impossible to say "thank you" to someone. Motivosity tore down the walls and eliminated the red tape completely.
ProsWe were struggling to find a way to recognize and reward employees without a lot of red tape. When Motivosity was introduced to use, it immediately met our needs. The software itself was easy to use and no instruction was needed on how to setup your profile or how to recognize someone. I like that you can thank whoever you want to thank, whenever you want to thank them. Because we have employees all over the world it is hard to connect with someone you want to thank, so having the ability to tell them through Motivosity really eliminates all the road blocks to appreciating someone for something they did.
ConsI don't like that anniversaries and birthdays disappear from the feed and that you can't look backwards to see whose birthday or anniversary you might have missed. I also don't like that you can't search for a post without knowing who posted it or who was recognized.
October 1, 2019
Elvira M.
Senior Specialist
Banking, 201-500 employees
September 22, 2018

“Innovative tool to create friendly environment in your company”

OverallI strongly recommend to use Motivosity in order to gain better results in your company.
ProsSometimes none of the project management tools aren't enough to create friendly environment in the company. And of course in overall this affects to company performance and sometimes causes serious damages to corporate image . In order to solve such conflicts among employees Motivosity is the best choice. By providing peer to peer reward system Motivosity encourages colleagues to be more polite and friendly with each other. After using Motivosity our employees learned listening and respecting the views of each other. And overall because of friendly environment in our company our productivity has icreased in a significant level.
ConsAlthough is a good tool for employee recognition but it can be used for misleading if some colleagues agree to give fake rewards to each other. It is a good tool but needs to be used under control.
September 22, 2018
Debbie S.
Customer Service Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2019

“What Your Employees Want”

OverallI love Motivosity! Okay, I didn't at first. I thought how can recognizing someone with a dollar or two here and there be motivating? But Motivosity isn't really about the money. It's about letting people know you value them and their contribution - you see their extra effort; you appreciate what they bring to the team each day; you celebrate their accomplishments. Knowing you are appreciated and what you do matters is what really gets you through the tough days. Plus it has helped me to not focus on mistakes and short comings, but look for the many amazing, positive things the people around me do on a daily basis that makes me enjoy coming to work each day. Positive recognition fosters a positive environment. And, what gets recognized gets repeated. Motivosity provides a vehicle for me to recognize fellow employees who demonstrate our company values.
ProsEase of use; reminders for birthdays and anniversaries; personality profiles and identifying your personal interests so you can easily identify co-workers with common interests;
ConsWe received limited information when the product was rolled out and I wasn't sure about how to use some of the features. Fortunately, after I checked it out and experimented a little, it was really pretty simple.
September 12, 2019
Leon C.
IT Recruiter
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 6, 2018

“Something new, curious and fun. ”

OverallI find it delightful, easy, and fun to use. I believe everyone should give it a try, you might see it lacks a few functions, but I am certain they will be eventually added into the application.
ProsWhen we think about a company and its values, we have a tendency to focus on their professionalism and excellence, but rarely do we wonder about how they treat their employees and how they communicate and organize within their structure. Motivosity is one of those odd but beautifully designed softwares that encourages you to create cordial bonds between you and your coworkers. It has shown to be quite effective in terms of including remote employees into the company's activites, even those who live abroad, creating a kinder working atmosphere. It incentivates the involvement of the employees in a variety of event and projects, that in many cases might have a reward, making it fun to participate. The software's structure is solid, functional and easy to use.
ConsMotivosity is relatively new in the market, lacking many core functionalities that similar applications already have. Although, you can tell by the way it is designed that they will eventually be implemented. Their category system requires more options.
December 6, 2018
Claudia R.
Senior Director, Human Resources
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Motivosity Platform Review”

OverallMotivosity allows for consistent, real time visibility and recognition of great work happening across the organization with easy reporting options and ability for the HR and leadership team to comply with IRS rules regarding gifts and understand how recognition is impacting the company culture.
ProsMotivosity makes employee recognition a breeze particularly for teams and offices across multiple locations allowing for real time visibility of the great work happening around the organization.
ConsMotivosity has continued to grow the platform abilities with a number of different tools like engagement and feedback which is great for many companies. However, my frustration is I can't pick and choice what I want active and have found there are places were I am using a different system or process which becomes duplicative with Motivosity's, confusing employees and managers on where to follow the process diminishing both processes/systems.
martin b.
Supervisor
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
August 30, 2019

“Motivosity is essential.”

OverallMotivosity is simple, it helps team members show appreciation to each other. Because of that it is essential.
ProsSimply put, it will only add to the team, use it, trust me and find out for yourself.
ConsNot a dang thing. I love it. I have never had a problem with the software. However! People often times will partner up in trading money to buy lunch or something for themselves. This defeats the purpose. I think quotes about kindness and appreciation every time you trade might be a nice and subtle way to help steer people in the right direction when using their motivosity.
August 30, 2019
Maxine W.
HR Manager
Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees
July 22, 2019

“Connecting the Dots of Appreciation”

OverallAgain, we're able to use this platform for understanding how and what make our employees happy and feel satisfied. We know what is important to them. We're able to see how different segments of the business work across the isle. We're able to see motivation in number format based on usage and managerial participation.
ProsThe ability to connect all departments within the corporate office. Equally important the ability to connect to our remote locations employees. This software has been the glue that holds us together. In looking at others profiles, it allow employees to know more about each other on a lighter note. It is cutting edge technology in boosting morale and bringing visibility to our work! Also, as an HR Manager, I love the analytics behind the scene. This information allow us to see even the motivation and buy in of our managerial staff.
ConsAt this juncture, there's nothing I don't like about the software.
Travis R.
Senior Global Engagement Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“Great tool for appreciating co-workers/volunteers”

OverallOverall, Motivosity appears to be well-liked and utilized by our staff. Not everyone has adopted it, but widespread early adoption by staff has made it more normalized and non-users appear to be the outliers.
ProsThe best feature of Motivosity is the ability to easily give an appreciation to coworkers for helping out on projects, tasks, etc. On top of showing gratitude and improving morale, this public-facing feature allows staff whose work or assistance isn't always as visible to be seen more broadly by the organization, and helps to motivate others who want to also get more visibility for their work.
ConsSome of the "Insight" features are a bit wonky and/or difficult to understand. The "Management Style" feature, for example, is somewhat confusing (rather than showing styles which may be easier to digest and make adjustments for, it simply shows likelihood of friction) and is incredibly top-down oriented, rather than allowing for comparisons person-to-person within organizations that are highly collaborative. The org chart feature is also not highly intuitive (clicking the bubble, not the name, to expand has caused confusion among some colleagues), and once zoomed out several levels can be difficult to read/digest.
July 8, 2019
Paula P.
Technical Trainer
Insurance, 201-500 employees
April 4, 2019

“Motivosity review”

OverallWe only been on it for a month and a half. Still working out benefits/how it can be utilized. But overall people are using it and enjoying recognizing and being recognized.
ProsSo easy to use. When you hear "thank you" coming out of your mouth, it's such a quick second step to get on and share it on Motivosity. I see people using the "highlights" tab as well which is really good because we have 4 separate offices over the country and its a nice way to connect. I like the variety of reports we are able to run that we are using for various purposes.
ConsThat we were required to load $1 into everyone's account at the beginning of the month. We wanted to set up a experience of giving freely and then at the end of the month doing random drawing for winners. We went over this in the sales phase and told that we could do that - but then after signing the contract found out that we were required to put in $1. This took away from our drawing budget. What we are finding is that the individuals who are truly embracing the software and the concept, are recognizing way beyond the use of their dollar. The people who don't, their dollar doesn't get used and goes away at the end of the month - but we still have to budget for the event that they do use it - so we seem to almost needlessly have a reduced monthly drawing budget. Also, the nomination feature does not allow for a team nomination (putting in multiple names in the nomination line) and our quarterly individual and team nominations for awards is an important part of how we wanted to utilize the software.
April 4, 2019
Jeff C.
Human Resource Business Partner
December 1, 2016

“Motivosity is the best for employee recognition! ”

OverallMotivosity is an awesome tool that helps you recognize employees. It's great to see a Facebook-type feed to it and the awards and badges help build pride. I really love the interest features where I can see everyone in the company and what their interests are. We have created Starcraft groups directly because of that, which helps build teamwork. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it!
Pros- Facebook-type feed that shows all the recognition - Interest groups where you can see interests of everyone and groups that can be created from it - It's really easy to use - Employees use it, which is a huge hit
Cons- Some of the admin features are a bit clunky, like having to go to the org chart to add a new employee. It would be nice to have easier access to admin things.
Recommendations to other buyersI want all companies to use it!
December 1, 2016
February 12, 2019

“Great motivational tool for internal teams to have some fun and boost morale.”

OverallWe've been using Motivosity for a little over a year now and I think there would be a riot if the company decided to discontinue using them.
ProsMotivosity is such a good idea for a motivational tool for teams I'm surprised it took this long to get something like it to the market. It's always nice to see an email pop up in your inbox saying someone said thanks and appreciates something you do at work to the tune of a few dollars. Probably one of their biggest strengths is that Motivosity integrates very seamlessly with all their reward distributors. It is very easy to redeem their rewards quickly.
ConsSome of the pop up surveys can be a little bit annoying.
February 12, 2019
Richard H.
Rail Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5001-10,000 employees
October 9, 2018

“My Experience with Motivosity”

OverallIf the Movivosity Bucks are considered a "Bonus" its a sad way to be rewarded for ones hard work and efforts. And once the gift card is ordered, then it will be taxed, where if we had merchandise that could be purchased through a Motivosity/Company store, then it would not need to be taxed. Like the old S&H gift stamp program at the grocery stores. You can save up and purchase nicer gifts or use your Motivosity bucks when you like.
ProsI like the ability to send out thank you and Kudos to my fellow workers. I have had some very good feedback from my fellow workers as they say that there day has been made by simple recognition is given.
ConsI actually think that the way money part of the Motivosity has a chance for a negativity toward some individuals. The potential that the more popular Employee gets all the money. I would hate to find out that someone in the backroom never gets recognized and never gets the motivosity bucks. many people give out their $5 and only get the $2 the system generates.

By Motivosity on October 15, 2018
Hello Richard! Unfortunately, everything is taxed these days! Monetary prizes, awards, achievement awards, bonuses and gift cards, certificates - including points and cards with point values redeemable toward merchandise - are all taxable compensation subject to federal and state income tax withholding, unemployment tax, and FICA taxes.
October 9, 2018
Doug O.
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 5, 2018

“Motivosity @ Trim-A-Seal”

OverallOur company is a few months into using Motivosity. So far, we have seen a huge reaction to the program being introduced. Most of the people that are somewhat tech-savvy got on the program immediately, and others followed after seeing what was going on. I think the biggest part we're noticing is that its not so much the prizes or "sealbucks" as we call them that people are interested in... but the recognition and goodwill from their co-workers, as well as the chance to give that good will, that is driving use of the program. It is turning out to be a big positive reinforcement tool at our company, as well as creating a good-vibe environment that allows a chance for everyone to recognize each others good work. We are all very happy with Motivosity so far, and plan to utilize it even more.
ProsI like the tools it offers management and other employees to positively reinforce good work and habits. The program is very user-friendly and there are a lot of features to utilize. I like the social media platform that allows everyone to see who's recognizing who.
ConsI like the idea of having some flexibility with regard to the currency we use or making up or own currency. We call our dollars "sealbucks" and just made our own exchange rate, but we did have to set things up so we can work it like this. That's all I got!
October 5, 2018
Paige E.
Inbound Demand Conversion Manager, Corp.
November 3, 2017

“Motivosity has allowed me to show gratitude and recognition to my hardworking team!”

ProsI LOVE that Motivosity allows me to create metrics driven goals and team competitions with a reward system that keeps them incentivized and motivated. This software works extremely well in any quota based role!
ConsThere is not anything I dislike about Motivosity. I think it would be great if the public feed could be divided by department rather than the entire company but that is more of a requested feature than a dislike.

By Motivosity on November 10, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! PS - in the top-right corner of the feed, change the dropdown from 'Company' to 'Department'.
November 3, 2017
Matthew S.
Software Engineer
August 21, 2019

“$1 has never been so valuable”

ProsMotivosity lets you give recognition and thanks to team members in the form of a dollar and a message. Getting a single dollar with a note of appreciation makes that dollar seem so much more valuable. My Motivosity money is special to me because it represents a special acknowledgment from someone I've worked with. Motivosity also allows you to select one of your company's values that were demonstrated when giving out recognition. This is the main reason I am familiar with my company's values, and it keeps me reminded of them on an almost daily basis.
ConsAs a user of Motivosity, there aren't any cons that I can think of. I'm given money every month to give out to my co-workers to show my appreciation. Redemption of my Motivosity dollars for gift cards is easy and instant. There's not much to dislike.
August 21, 2019
Kris T.
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Awesome Product”

OverallI try to open Motiviosity first thing in the mornings so I have it readily available when there is that "eureka" moment. It's just so easy to use and the team loves it. I appreciate that I can add birthday or anniversary messages prior to the date, this is one of the best features of the software so I can pre-plan those, to avoid overlooking someone's special day.
ProsI enjoy using Motivosity to recognize the team, it's easy and transparent way to share a win, teamwork, or just thank someone for being positive and productive. With Motivosity we are all able to view and share in our teammates success. This has really allowed me to efficiently send praise in a very visible way and who doesn't want to get recognized for all their hard work? Great product, thank you!
ConsI can't really think of anything I don't like about the software.
Bradon L.
Academic Technologist at CU Online
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2018

“Increase WorkForce Engagment”

OverallIf you have a low employee engagement and want an easy way to increase and motivate your employees look no further.
ProsI love how Motivosity is an easy to to let employees better understand and recognize your Workforce. This software is an easy way to give your team a voice and allow them to cheer on their co-workers when they shine.
ConsThe simple design makes it easy to use, however it also creates some limits in how you can use it. Really you just have one option and it can't be changed.
December 19, 2018
Kellen H.
Account Development Manager Team Lead
September 2, 2016

“Motivosity, the best thing since "Thank You" cards. ”

OverallI love using Motivosity to reward and thank team members with something real. Sometimes people go above and beyond and this is a great way to reward that and say thank you. It's easy to use, including the App. I personally haven't had any experience with Customer Support so I can't speak to that much, but I think that in itself is a compliment to the product. I haven't had to contact CS. I have use Motivosity to incentive my team to make more calls or do more work. Whoever gets the most gets the money. Our MotoBucks are worth more than real money it seems...we cherish them.
ProsEasy to use. Oh, and it gives me gift cards to Amazon.
ConsSometimes when I am typing in an employee's name it won't come up. So I have to try their last name.
Recommendations to other buyersMore companies that you can use gift cards with. That would be cool.
September 2, 2016
Automotive, 51-200 employees
July 25, 2018

“Overall their features are great and user friendly, some parts need to be updated. ”

Overallgreat insight and reporting
ProsThe software uses dollars instead of points like other recognition programs, making it more transparent and the ability to customize items in the store is convenient.
ConsI do wish the live feed would refresh automatically. I understand why it doesn't but it would be nice to consistently see updated news instead of having to refresh it. I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program.

By Motivosity on July 26, 2018
Thanks for your review of Motivosity. To your comment, "I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program," as a company you can replace the standard six survey questions with custom questions if you choose to. Our client success team can help you set it up. Thank you for your business!
July 25, 2018
Brandon V.
Contract Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 employees
April 22, 2017

“Motivosity is AWESOME!”

OverallIt is great working with great people. What makes it better is being able to recognize their personal and professional efforts in the workplace. I also love the ability to grab a gift card easily or even donating to my favorite charity.
ProsSimple and easy to use. Really makes a difference when people are recognized for small or large efforts.
ConsGetting the Visa card was a bit of a hassle. I think it had to do with a 3rd party taking care of the gift card. I ended up getting it in the end but the process was a bit burdensome.
Recommendations to other buyersPerhaps you could add more vendors to the list. Another idea could be to have some integrations with business systems that make it even easier to use and recognize the people you work with.
April 22, 2017
Meredith W.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2019

“Keeps employees engaged and positive”

OverallSo far it's really created a lot of excitement amongst the staff, it's created a lot of positive feedback and has really brought the team up to a higher level. Everyone is really loving it.
ProsIt really inspires everyone to recognize their team mates, people really enjoy giving to one another. I love the milestone and birthday gifts that are automated. The surveys and reports are really great too, it's easy to see where you need improvement and where you are excelling with your team.
ConsI haven't experienced any downsides yet, I wish there was a chat feature and more details in each persons profile.
October 17, 2019
Marisa B.
Director of Sales
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 19, 2019

“Easy and positive employee engagement”

OverallGenerally - it's a well used, highly adopted software. Saying thank you or recognizing when teammate's work aligns with company values is part of our culture and motivosity supports that.
ProsMotivosity is easy to use. I like that we can customize it to align with our company mission. I use it weekly to give feedback to co workers outside my day- to -day team. It's a great way to recognize the work they've done, and say thank you in a meaningful way. The reminders about when you last thanked people on your team, birthdays, etc are also helpful to make sure you haven't forgotten to recognize someone.
ConsI've had to log in on my phone a few times. The experience is good, not great. It's just not optimized for mobile browsers yet, but I still got the job done. That's about all I can think of.
August 19, 2019
Michelle S.
CMO
March 12, 2018

“Micro-recognition that works”

ProsI love the ability for all employees, from any level of the organization, to recognize the work of others using the Motivosity platform. The microbonuses help, but the recognition is even more important. We also offer weekly incentive-style spot bonuses for employee sharing on social media, and actions that espouse the company values. It's a fantastic platform and I'd highly recommend it to organizations of any size.
ConsI wish this were integrated into a primary HR platform (like BambooHR) for consistency in reporting and a single view into the health of the business.

By Motivosity on June 6, 2018
Michelle, thanks for your review of Motivosity. Responding to your last comment, we now have an integration to BambooHR. Our customer success team can help your administrator get it set up. Thank you for being a customer.
March 12, 2018
Justin H.
Project Manager/Estimator
Construction, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2019

“Great team program”

ProsIt's great when you see your spending money going up each month (the more helpful you are, the more money you will make).
ConsThe point system puts more emphasis on how many times you thank people, such as if you just wanted to thank 1 person this month, you would get far more points by doing many thanks to that same person at $1 each, rather than 1 lump sum, even though the total amount is the same. It leaves it open to people manipulating the system if they understand how it works...unfortunately, I don't know how you fix it.
August 28, 2019
Neal P.
Corporate Trainer
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
February 19, 2019

“Social Media For Your Company”

ProsI love that I can communicate with anyone and say thanks for things that may have gone unnoticed without Motivosity. I really have had a better work experience knowing that other departments care about what I think and what I say.
ConsYou can leave comments, but they don't really follow an order like they do on other social media sites. The comments read from newest on top to oldest on bottom, but if I reply to someone's comment, it puts my reply above theirs. Not a huge issue, but something I think could be easily fixed.
February 19, 2019
11-50 employees
February 6, 2018

“Motivosity is the best! It's such a great way to get to know each other at work.”

ProsThere are a ton of pros! It's really user-friendly. It's a fun way to show appreciation and get to know everyone. Motivosity matches you to others that have common interests and similarities which helps you get to know everyone in the office. Employees love that they can cash out their money and get fun gift cards. Also, Motivosity has great customer service. If I have a question or issue they are always quick and get it fixed.
ConsWe have had a few problems where employees have tried to cash out their money and it wouldn't let them.
February 6, 2018
Joseph S.
Sr. Data Architect
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2017

“Great way to motivate others to help”

OverallWe work for an amazing company that hires amazing people, however sometimes someone goes above and beyond for you and you just want to thank them with some more firepower. Motivosity excels in this area and makes it so easy to show how much you appreciated someones efforts on your behalf. I love this program and it's really helped endear me to my current company, Health Catalyst.
ProsAbility to give and receive motivosity dollars. I LOVE all the gift card options that Health Catalyst has put in
April 19, 2017
Wendy N.
SOO
Banking, 11-50 employees
August 26, 2019

“Motivosity”

OverallI believe we have a lot of employee interaction with Motivosity. We place a lot of emphasis on customer service, internal and external, and this has provided a way to recognize back office employees.
ProsI really like the personality quiz! I was surprised how accurate it was.
ConsWe occasionally run into little glitches, such as not being able to read the notifications or comments in the milestones not saving. However, these issues are usually fixed pretty quickly.
August 26, 2019
Rahul Ranjan P.
Manufacturing Associate II
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees
March 24, 2019

“Motivosity Review”

ProsThe most I like about this software is that it provides a nice platform for people of the company to show their gratitude towards the each other. It makes you really engaged with the people and provides a sense of respect for each other. Like when I was new in the company, people use to help me a lot for learning the new tools and techniques and this platform helps me to acknowledge those helpful tips by thanking them
ConsThe least which I liked about this software is the amount of $ we have for a month as I would love to give $ to each people who have helped me but I have only $5 to give . Other than that there is no cons of this software according to me.
March 24, 2019
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
February 15, 2019

“Easy Workplace Recognition System”

ProsI like that every month (at least with my organization), we receive $5 that we can use to gift to colleagues in minimum $1 increments to recognize them for positive contributions. You can leave them a friendly thank you, a birthday wish, or just a general appreciation and others can like and comment on the recognition. I also like that there are regular, couple question, anonymous surveys that inform management of things like job satisfaction. Redeeming rewards for a gift cart (countless options) is also extremely simple.
ConsI have very few dissatisfactions with this software. The only one I can think of is with the notification system. You can see a notification of who liked or commented on your appreciation but you can't see which appreciation. I would like to know at a quick glance which posts are being commented on.
February 15, 2019
Automotive, 51-200 employees
July 9, 2018

“I like it!”

OverallI am able to cash in Motivosity money received for gift cards that I like. Our company provides us with a few $ per month to send to others in the company. Also, for Birthdays we get Motivosity cash. Managers can send money to employees as incentives!
ProsI think Motivosity is very easy to use! I tend to help others more and use it everyday! This is a great program for moral in the company!
ConsI think sending money on comments should not be limited if there is a group thank you! Money should be available to send to groups if you have it not just individuals!

By Motivosity on July 11, 2018
Thanks for your review. Motivosity money can be given to multiple people simply by including each person's name in the "Who do you appreciate" line. Each person will receive money as part of the appreciation.
July 9, 2018