Calendly Ratings

Overall

About Calendly

Calendly, a powerful yet simple automated scheduling tool, takes the work out of connecting with others so you can accomplish more... Millions of users benefit from an enjoyable scheduling experience, more time to spend on top priorities and flexibility to accommodate individual users and large teams alike. Calendly works with Google, Office 365 and Outlook calendars and apps like Salesforce, Stripe, GoToMeeting and Zapier for a seamless user experience. Learn more about Calendly

Stefani B.
Human Resources, Self-employed
October 2, 2019

“Prepare to get time back!”

OverallI was able to get back likely a few hours a day and headaches while working as a recruiter. Now running my own company I am able to send this off to candidates and clients to book in time to speak with me.
ProsI absolutely love this product and have been using it for over 3 years. I introduced it at my last corporate workplace and switched all recruiters over to using this product instead of calling and booking in candidates for interviews - we simply sent over a link and they plugged time into our calendars! The functionality and emails you can send to the people using your link are also super helpful.
ConsThey introduced a fee to pay, I always have stuck to the free version which has been great for me. I wish you were able to book in multiple time durations and not have it split up, also I wish that you could integrate it with more platforms such as Wordpress.
October 2, 2019
Caleb B.
Director of Marketing
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2018

“Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos”

OverallIf you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!
ProsTheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.
ConsCalendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.
November 14, 2018
David T.
Producer/Director
January 9, 2018

“Fast, easy client scheduling”

OverallAlmost too numerous to list. I even use it to schedule meetings with producers about projects, not just my counseling clients. Custom links, buffering and limit to events per day. Its awesome!
ProsIs it so easy for my occasional clients to set up video conference calls or one-on-one counseling calls, or group meetings with my company and our various producers spread between Tx and Ca. One link, and it sends the appointment to my email AND Google calendar, and has a feature that allows the client to reschedule if needed. Another huge plus is the buffering. I can allow for meetings and calls that run extra long. This is very flexible and I can change it on a daily basis. Set up is fast and easy, you can have multiple events that can be scheduled. And that's the free account. If you upgrade, you can integrate with many apps and even book paid appointments through the system (Stripe only, tho). Cloud based, so you don't have to download (yet another) android app. That's a big plus for me, as I do 95% of my work in a browser on a PC. I have yet to need to contact their customer support, so I gave then 5 stars there, as I find it easy to use. Cost to use is quite low, compared to other scheduling websites.
ConsOne big issue I have is, I use Opera as my main browser and it dislikes Google. So to use Calendy you need to use Chrome or Firefox to set things up and access all the features. This is more of a Google issue, not Calendy. In the paid appointment extra, they only take "Stripe" - if they ever add Square then it'll be well rounded out. Payment for the level you want is on an annual basis, not month-to-month, so I consider that a negative.
January 9, 2018
Todd B.
Happiness Lead
October 3, 2016

“Removes the need to ask 'When is good to meet?' in a remote company”

OverallWe've been using Calendly for a little over 6 months at my company. This app makes finding times to meet with colleagues an absolute breeze. Working at a remote company with 90+ people, and specifically on a team of about 20, searching for available time slots in Google Calendar can be VERY time-consuming and challenging. With Calendly you are instantly shown the times available for the person you'd like to meet with. You can choose a time, and instantly add it to your Google Calendar. It sends them a reminder to their calendar as well.
ProsScheduling meetings is easy, and I don't ever have to rely on coordinating crazy google calendars with people. If you are setting it up for yourself to have people schedule meetings with you, it's easy to block out times that you are available or unavailable. It's also really great if you work with teams across different time zones as it takes your timezone into account when scheduling times with person/or vice versa, overall it's just one less thing to worry about. Another super handy feature is the ability to request certain information from the person booking time with you. This makes it easy to request an agenda about the meeting or to perhaps ask a series of questions for recurring meetings with people.
ConsThe only problem I've had is mostly user error. As the one requesting a meeting, I wish there was an easier way to add calendar events to your calendar. I have on a few occasions forgot to add the scheduled time to my calendar (the option is there, I've just missed it a few times) would be awesome if it was automagically added some way to your Google Cal. :)
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are scheduling time with someone, be sure to follow the last step and add it to your calendar, so you don't forget! :) If you are setting up times to have people schedule time with you, be sure to play with the timing a bit. For example, you may want to add more intentional blocks of time in your day with no meetings, or if you work with folks in different time zones, you may want to have availability to account for that.
October 3, 2016
Ron Elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
July 31, 2018

“One of the most flexible Scheduling Software in the market”

OverallI love the simple UI and UX of this Software.
ProsI really love how flexible Calendly has to offer, if you need a one-on-one Schedule, Calendly can give you that. If you have a Team and you need them to schedule a meeting with your Prospects, Calendly has your Team. If you need one member of your Team to schedule a separate meeting with your other member, Calendly will help you do that. The integrations are also great, you can integrate Calendly with other meeting software like Zoom for a discovery call, GoToMeeting for Webinars, or even monetize discovery calls with their integration for PayPal or Stripe. Calendly will have those integrated easily. I cannot stress enough how Calendly can customize your experience if you love certain Branding to be removed or to add, Calendly can do it for you. There's so much to say but one thing stood out for me, the Timezone is already integrated with the Timezone of your Prospects, meaning, no more late, no-show meetings.
ConsAs much as I love Calendly, there are certain features that I don't like, well, every Software isn't perfect and we do have different take and opinion. The Availability function to your Calendar, this is for me is confusing, you need to highlight first the day you want to be available until the date of your availability. I just wish Calendly can have a feature where you can just input a certain Date up until your Availability, more like a drop-down menu. But that's just me, I still love how easy to use this software.
July 31, 2018
Lindsay V.
Operations Administrator
Media Production, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2018

“Major Time Saver!”

OverallEach person in our company has a unique calendly link included under their email signature and available to share with clients as the need for a meeting arises. We save TONS of time using calendly and no longer waste time checking calendars, adjusting time zones, emailing back and forth, receiving responses after the proposed dates have passed, worrying we might double book, asking for phone numbers or addresses, etc. When a client schedules through calendly, the event apprears in Gmail with the location included and links to cancel or reschedule if needed. Everything we need "magically appears" without us having to lift a finger. Great asset to our work life and productivity!
ProsI can share my calendly link with clients and contractors and they can easily schedule a meeting on my calendar without me having to be involved. It is user friendly for them and seamless for me. It requires no attention or maintenance on my part. You can connect calendly to your current calendar so that your availability automatically syncs as you make changes to your day. And this platform is highly workable for all of my needs without having to use a paid version! There are tons of customizations you can set, such as a buffer time to allow for travel between meetings, automatically blocking off or allowing specific times for each day of the week, disallowing bookings within __ hours, etc.
ConsThe ability to figure how exactly where and how to adjust all of the setup preferences is a little quirky. Some of the settings are "hidden" as sub-sections under other preference pages. I took a good bit of time setting and navigating through all of the customization options, but now that those are set, I don't have to think about or touch anything to keep Calendly working for me. With the free version, you can only have 1 meeting time for clients to choose from (for example, using my link, clients only have the option to schedule a 45 minute meeting with me). This is actually preferable to me though, as I don't want my clients to have to make more choices or spend more time in Calendly than needed. Using the free version keeps things simple.
August 28, 2018
Piotr B.
Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer
201-500 employees
July 27, 2018

“Why nobody figured it out quicker?! It's a great tool for arranging meetings.”

OverallI honestly recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with external parties. This is one of those small things, that you had no idea existed, but once you start using it you never want to go back. It really can save you a lot of time and facilitate arranging meetings.
ProsWhen I first learned about Calendly I was sceptical a bit, as I did not know what to expect. Also, I doubted I need another application for a calendar. I had Outlook, didn't I? Well it turns out, that when you need to arrange meetings with people external to your company, it can be a bit tedious processes, especially, when doing so over email. Once I had a need indeed to arrange for a meeting but did not want to play the email ping-pong to find the right time. I then created a free Calendly account. You know what? I loved it. It's really easy to register and set up. Arranging a meeting is really simple with this tool. You just set up your availability in a clever way, even when you work in shift patterns you can set different availability on different days. So how does it work? You tell the app what time you are available on what days, you link your calendar and predefine time slots, e.g. 15, 30, 60 minute slots. You share your Calendly link to the party you want to meet with and they can book a slot in your calendar, of course considering events that are already there. Your events are not visible, only time slots are visible. Very simple, yet extremely effective. You don't have to exchange emails to find the right time to meet.
ConsThere aren't many downsides, the main downside for me is that the free account allows you to only predefine one time slot, e.g. 30 minute. This means, that when somebody wants to meet with you, they will only have a chance to save a 30 minute window in your calendar. If you want more options, you have to pay 8 bucks a month or 12 for the pro version. There are many extra options, but if you want something extra, you have to pay extra. Free of charge version is very good, especially when you meet externally only occasionally. For me the free version is just fine. I definitely recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with clients and other external parties. You can always get the free version and decide later whether or not to upgrade.
July 27, 2018
Nicolas C.
Director of Marketing & Sales
January 12, 2018

“Calendly makes meeting scheduling painless. ”

OverallBefore calendly I remember that there usually was more than 4 emails going back and forth just trying to find a feasible option for the parties involved. Today I just give them a link and they pick whatever available spot they find in my calendar which works best for them, so they make their own choices. That results in a lot of less no-shows. Additionally when people want to have a conversation with me and someone else from my company, instead of going back-and-forth in emails trying to figure out options for 3 people, I can just send them a link with a merged calendar showing them only the options that work for me and my co-worker.
ProsCalendly makes it really easy to set up meetings. I no longer have to figure out via email or phone with a client what's the best time to meet. They just simply go to my calendar and pick the best available option. It saves a ton of time. You can customize your availability however you want. It is absolutely flexible on that and it is time-zone smart. I usually talk to people sitting in every continent. It makes it easy for them to translate the options into their timezones. Additionally, calendly is fully integrated with my calendar apps. Both iCal and Google calendar work perfectly with it. For example, it automaticaly blocks the spots when you create events from other platforms.
ConsCalendly is really good and is really easy to use. I don't dislike anything to be honest. Maybe the UX of the dashboard can be improved, but it is not a deal breaker.
January 12, 2018
Paola P.
Guest Relations
Photography, 51-200 employees
September 8, 2018

“Elegant and sleek online appointment booking system”

OverallI use this daily to have prospective clients schedule online appointments for us to speak over the phone or through video conferences.
ProsThe design was the first thing that got me attracted to Calendly, actually. I first saw it while booking an online appointment myself, and it actually was a good thing that the "host" was not using the paid version, because it was thanks to the branding that was included that I could research more about it. I was about to knock one star on my review for "value for money" because the free version comes with everything you need, and depending on the use, the branding might not be such a big deal for some people. So, there actually is quite a bit of value provided on the free version, so they should get the star for delivering it free of charge. I love the fact that events can be edited and that they get their own custom URL, which I can share with prospective clients over the e-mail or text messages and they just book the time that works best for them through there. I also like that the local time is always converted to whatever the user needs to see, getting rid of eventual timing differences or errors in calculation. This is a very helpful tool!
ConsThere are no real cons for me since even with the free version, you get most (if not all) the functionalities you might need. I tried to come up with something for the sake of this review, but... no "cons" for me.
Internet, 5001-10,000 employees
January 23, 2019

“Say goodbye to scheduling issues!”

OverallIts fantastic! It is one of those tools where once you start using it you will think "How did I used to get by without it". And since you can use it for free, I can highly recommend that you at least give it a shot.
ProsIt is a phenomenally good scheduling tool. If you have worked in a large team or an office before you know how much of a nightmare trying to schedule meetings can be. Sending back and forth emails just find a common time slot can take up a significant amount of time. God forbid you have to do it multiple times a day. Calendly is a really elegant solution to this problem. Just set up your availability inside the tool and then you can send people a link using which they can see when you are available and book a time slot with you. And the best part is that it syncs and integrates beautifully with your Outlook calendar. Just download their desktop utility and it automatically hooks into your outlook to ensure there are no conflicts of time slots. It lets you automate a significant chunk of your time that you would spend trying to set up meetings. It is such a good tool that I dont think I can ever go back to doing things the old way.
ConsThe initial set up can be a little confusing. Their web interface is a little clunky. Also I would like to see more integration options. I havent had a chance to use their API though, perhaps that solves the integration problem.
January 23, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
May 6, 2019

“There are very few 'life savers' out there, but calendly is one of them. ”

ProsI started using their free one meeting type for about a week before it was worth the money for unlimited meeting type. It is super easy to organize the many meetings I host and keeps my calendar from becoming a Jackson Pollock painting. I do a lot of hiring and training for my company. The hiring process has multiple steps to it and even after we hire someone I have to meet with them for their orientation. I do most of my work online and I don't have a secretary doing anything for me. Calendly lets me create multiple meetings with different availability. If a time spot is taken then it removes my availability for that time in all my other event types. Its fantastic and my job and life have become more organized because of it.
ConsThey came out with an app recently. Sadly, its complete garbage. Their mobile website is better than their app currently and I think they might know it. I deleted their app hours after it was installed, because it made the service harder to use. I also really didn't like a survey they sent me asking about what other apps and meeting software I use and it was really forward about asking me about how they should price their services and at what point would the cost not be worth the service. There is a good chance I wouldn't like their culture if I got to know them better.
May 6, 2019
Olayinka A.
Customer Support Specialist
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
September 2, 2018

“Calendly wins me vital time.”

OverallCalendly enable me fix appointments with customers either for video conference,over the phone or physical meetings without the stress and time wastage which usually accompanies the appointment scheduling process.
ProsI have people scheduling appointments with me on a daily basis,and I have also had to schedule appointments with people using Calendly on a few occasion.Therefore I have experienced both sides of Calendly and I feel it is a pleasant and time saving solution. Nothing beats being able to send an email to a client and simply stating "please schedule a meeting via this link" as against having to put back and forth calls across to people,before scheduling a meeting and on some occasions ; the other party forgets a meeting was even scheduled. I love Calendly for how it has saved me time,and also how it reminds both sides of an existing scheduled appointment : thereby reducing the chance of any party to a scheduled appointment missing it.
ConsI like every part of Calendly and I have never questioned my choice of this program.
September 2, 2018
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
September 7, 2018

“Incredibly straightforward meeting scheduling solution, with lots of nuanced features if you need”

OverallEasy calendar invite management for customer interviews and external meeting organisation
ProsCalendly makes it super easy for me to organise customer interviews. I can set up events that relate to various topics that me and my team are interested in finding out more about, and as customers engage with us on various topics that match I can send them a calendly link for that specific event via email - which for anyone who has dealt with the insane back and forth involved in scheduling a time knows, is a way more respectful use of my time and theirs. I like that there has been a lot of thought put into the various optionalities that you may need every so often, for instance, being able to set 'bumper time' between schedule events so that you are not caught out in back to back events. The ability to grab additional information on even sign up has been invaluable for helping context set before I go into an interview by known a little bit about who I will be speaking with, their role and how they typically use our product.
ConsMy only gripe is that I found it difficult to differentiate my events on the dashboard, as they are represented by very small cards. I only have about 4 or 5 event types at any given time, so the poor use of space really stands out to me. This is exacerbated by the fact that I use many similar titles because all my event types relate to the same product and are all customer interviews. Lastly (maybe this exists but I haven't found it) I wish that a recurring event type would also put a block in my calendar so that team members do not book during that time. I would rather always use those blocks to talk with customers and push team meetings to other parts of my day. Currently I am doing this manually, which is fine, just could be more seamless.
Photography, 51-200 employees
September 7, 2018

“A simple scheduling tool that makes it easy to plan and organize online appointments.”

OverallI use it to setup online Skype meetings and phone calls with prospective clients, by sharing custom event links with them through the e-mail.
ProsThe interphase and design is simple yet elegant. I am able to customize it with my company's logo, colors, and additional texts. I love the way the timeslots are displayed, as well as the cirlces for the days in the calendar. By adding it to Gmail, it is really easy to keep track of appointments because they get automatically added to my Google calendar. This way I can organize my online meetings with my real-life commitments making sure that I have plenty of availability for each.
ConsI tried thinking about a "con" but I have nothing. It does what it should, and it handles appointments seamlessly! When I hadn't signed up to the paid plan the branding was displayed, which is normal for any free tool that unleashes its full functionality for non-paying users (at least, see the branding, right?).
John R.
Recruiting Protagonist
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
August 30, 2019

“Time and tide wait for no one - here is a help with the time element...”

OverallTime and calendar management sorted, now lets look at the tide!
ProsFreemium model allows for easy and simplified set-up and usage, then once true ROI is experienced the cost of upgrade is well in the 'reasonable' range and for every budget. The ease of use and convenience is top notch
ConsI had to configure everything again when I moved from 1 company to another - which is only an inconvenience not an issue.
August 30, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
March 19, 2019

“My Go-To Business Scheduling Software”

OverallOverall the software works as expected and I have and will continue to recommend this software to my colleagues. The setup and UI does need some work but overall and with the monthly cost, this software works better, has more features and costs less than many competitors.
ProsCalendly sports a fine suite of tools to help you achieve your scheduling goals. From individual schedules to Team schedules that can be fine tuned to schedule using a round robin feature or set who gets more than the other. You can also create your own URLs to keep different types of schedules organized and easy to share with clients. Lastly, they offer you a script so you can display the calendar right on your website and everything is integrated with Office 365 just by signing in.
ConsThis software can be difficult to set up as individual and teams work separately and you have to create the events on each one separately. I've had to contact support for help many times because the UI just doesn't make sense to a new user and even as an experienced user you can easily make mistakes in the setup so there is a bit of trial and error.
Design, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Set It and Forget It!”

OverallWe've been able to shave off hours and even days of wasted time trying to set up phone calls. With Calendly, a client can easily see availability and select whichever time works best for them. You can also set parameters so that you only get call requests when you want them. This platform is a no brainer for anyone who works with clients or prospects!
ProsCalendly really is a set it and forget it product! It takes no time at all to set up an account and get started. It's so easy for our team to use, and it's effortless for our clients as well. You don't even have to think about it once it's set up, because it works so seamlessly. With a click of a button, a client or prospect can book a meeting without the hassle of a back-and-forth "what time works best for you?" conversation. We've saved so much wasted time and headache implementing this product!
ConsThere are really no cons. It's affordable, easy to set up and implement, painless to use, and our clients love it!
February 8, 2019
Peter P.
Software Project Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 14, 2019

“With Calendly, my appointment book became part of the past, since she manages all my routines and ev”

OverallI really like this appointment scheduling system because it is so easy to use, which allows me to better manage the time I used to spend in those activities since it is completely automatic. With Calendly I can organize all the important meetings that we frequently have with members of the organization's board and when we have the need to make some modifications or share some details about the company, where I can choose the most available schedule that is not heavy for the parties. The system also allows me to integrate other calendars, so that I do not have to worry when I have several meetings at the same time with different people, since Calendly will always keep me informed at all times.
ProsCalendly is a tool that allows me to automate all my appointments in a very easy way, through it I can schedule meetings of the company without major inconveniences. The centralized management and shared interim calendar of employees save a lot of time and of course money. The system allows us to have a history of the activities, since the system keeps them and in this way we can be aware if the tasks that we have assigned to our work staff have been fully utilized.
ConsI really think that this platform is perfectly constituted and if it has any unfavorable aspect I think it is very difficult to achieve.
July 14, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
April 22, 2019

“The answer to all your scheduling problems.”

OverallI have come to depend on Calendly like few other softwares. It just works. I love it!
ProsThe thing I like most about Calendly is how much time it saves me on a daily basis. Setting up a meeting or a conference used to take multiple back and forth emails to try to find a common available time. And then I used to have to deal with the problem of working with people in different time zones. Calendly solved that problem by simply letting me set up what times I am available and letting others book a time slot by just clicking on a link. The other great thing about Calendly is that it syncs with my Outlook so I never end up with issues where I might have set up multiple meetings at the same time. Its amazing.
ConsTheir website is a little confusing to navigate. So it can take a little time to set things up. Or if you have set things up once, it will take a little fiddling around to change those settings. Its not a major negative though because that is not something you will be dealing with daily.
April 22, 2019
Derek I.
vCIO & Founder
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
November 2, 2018

“The industry standard for appointment scheduling!”

ProsEmail scheduling (back and forth) is a waste of everyone's time. With Calendly, I am able to say, "please let me serve you by giving access to my live calendar and we can prevent the usual back and forth that transpires with email scheduling). I also like the reminder features (email and texting) and the onboarding class (best practices) really helped me to set and forget with minor update and changes. I started with free, went to premium, and today upgraded to Professional. It has definetly given me my time back and brought a level of professional automation that compliments my business model.
ConsThere is no affiliate or referral program. Because folks love my scheduling system, I have referred a bunch of folks this past year and it would have been a nice customer/affiliate touch if there was discounts or referral savings off a subscription. I have written to them about it and the suggestion was shelved. I would be more intentional about referring if there was incentives.
November 2, 2018
June 13, 2018

“I couldn't run my business without Calendly. Seriously.”

ProsSetting appointments is quite possibly one of the most tedious and time consuming parts of anyone's day. With Calendly (I pay for a premium plan) I can set as many custom appointment types as a I need and just pass out links to the people I need to meet with. Scheduling an interview with a potential hire? Here's a link. Brainstorming with a partner on a new project? Here's another link. Want to meet for coffee in person on Thursday? Sure. Pick a time using this link. It's essential and saves all the needless back and forth and wasted time of trying to manually find a mutually convenient time.
ConsCalendly does not have an option to auto-redirect the person booking an appointment to another page. That means you can't accurately track conversions when running a campaign where the goal is a booked appointment. Considering that a page redirect is one of the simplest javascript functions to implement there's no excuse for not having provided this functionality to their users, when its nearly a default for any of their competitors. The only reason I keep using them vs. another tool is because they have the best UI, which I feel reflects well on me when sending a link to a booking out to someone.
June 13, 2018
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
October 11, 2018

“Schedule Your Appointments in a Timely Manner”

ProsMy days can be very busy and filled with meetings, phone calls, emails and other tasks which can be difficult to keep track when your next appointment will be. There are times when some stockbrokers can't meet me face-to-face and would rather communicate by a video call. Calendly provides the option of scheduling video conference calls. Whether we have group sessions or one-one calls, Calendly is able to set-up all your appointments. I also like the fact that it syncs in with my calendar and sends me reminders. A cool perk is that it saves everything on the cloud. Overall, a very user-friendly program.
ConsDon't have any major issues with this software. My only concern is when other people schedule appointments with me using another software, and I wish they too could use Calendly.
October 11, 2018
Mark D.
Director of Operations & Data Management
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
August 6, 2018

“Simple tool to share availability”

OverallLove the product, it has been very helpful as I deal with many folks outside our office. I get asked for my availability almost daily and manually typing out my availability or sending a screenshot of my calendar led to other issues. This tool makes it very easy to send my available times to internal and external constituents alike.
ProsEasily share your availability with external partners. You can be as restrictive or as open as you'd like when sharing your calendar. You can set times when you are never available and you can black out entire days. Easy to send a link to your entire calendar to someone. Rather than typing out your availability, you can just send them a link and your availability will display. If you have a previous commitment, the time block will not be available to select. When meeting times are selected, your connected calendar is updated automatically and you are notified via email. Likewise, if someone cancels a meeting created through Calendly, it is removed from the connected calendar and both parties are notified.
ConsThe free version limits you to one calendar connection. I can't use my outlook calendar and my google calendar so users have to be careful that their main calendar is up-to-date with any other calendar they are using. Sending links via email, particularly to people you might not be familiar with can be viewed suspiciously. When I first started using it, I went to great lengths to ensure the recipient knew it was a valid link and they were safe to continue through the process.
August 6, 2018
Ashley M.
Systems Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Round Robin”

OverallIt's been helpful to our company because it automatically sends an email to the customer after they set the appointment. They can also reschedule or cancel on their own without having to deal with calling our office and asking someone to change it. It puts the customer in control of their appointment.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it allows you to add several members of your team to a calendar and also allows you to select the round robin option which gives every sales person a fair amount of customer leads and appointments.
ConsThe fields that you can create should have more specific input areas because often times the people entering the information don't enter it in the correct format - which in turn makes us need to edit that information in OnePageCRM when the Zap automatically adds a new contact there.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Seems to be the only company doing it right”

ProsI've been looking for alternatives for a long time, not because I'm disappointed, but because competition is inevitable. But it seems anyone in this space just isn't as good. Not only does Calendly offer the best free option for individuals who just need a quick way to give their customers and contacts the ability to easily book a meeting with them, but the premium offering is the best out there. For teams, you can create shared calendars, shared appointment types, co-operative appointments, and even round-robin for sales teams and customer service teams. Simply the best tool out there.
ConsThere's not much to dislike. I think their marketing site is short selling the potential of the product, and upon initial visit, it's a little unclear all of what you can do with the product. It's great that they have free basic accounts, but it would be better if you could really test or demo the premium stuff.
December 12, 2018
Aaron J.
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2018

“Amazing scheduling tool for your Outlook.”

OverallOnce we set everything up, its been a breeze. The free version they offer has more than enough functionality in it to suit most people.
ProsWe often set up meetings with potential clients at our business. One of the biggest annoyances has been how many back and forth emails have to go through to set up one meeting. Getting two people to sync up their calendar can be a problem. Try having multiple people do it and its a nightmare. Calendly was the perfect solution for this problem. You can set up your availability calender and people can then book meetings with you by just clicking on your calendly link. And the best part is it syncs right with your outlook. So any meetings that are set up in Calendly immediately reflect in outlook and any meetings set up in Outlook are blocked out on your Calendly availability so people dont book that slot. This set up saved us so many back and forth emails trying to find a common time slot. Now we just send a Calendly link!
ConsThe user interface is kinda confusing. Trying to do simple tasks can be a little confusing. For example it took me a while to figure out how to block off a day I was taking off so people wouldnt book something with me. Stuff like that should be super obvious. Now to its credit, you wont be using Calendly's interface everyday. Its more of a fire and forget solution. But when you do need to interact with it, I feel like its navigation should be a lot better.
November 9, 2018
Flutra S.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2019

“My best friend ”

OverallHonestly, it made my life so easy, I simply send the link to the clients and voila I don't have to ask a million questions to schedule a meeting and the good thing is I can add any of my co-workers' agenda into the event as well so there is no overlap, definitely lifesaver for everyone out there that has meetings all the time with different people from all over the world.
ProsBefore Calendly I was in a real mess, trying to schedule meetings and the worst part was figuring out the time zones. Man, you have no idea how happy and relieved I was when I saw that Calendly gives you the option to determine whether the client can choose his own time zone or I can choose a fixed time zone. So the best thing that I liked most was the flexibility that Calendly offers in regard to timezones.
ConsOne of the things that I am hoping that Calendly is soon going to implement is to add more characters on the calendar body. As it is right now the description is very limited and really would help if they add at least 100more characters.
August 2, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
July 16, 2019

“Sync your calendar easily with people to schedule meetings ,interviews, conferences”

ProsIt was a difficult task for me previously to see my calendar and then send people my availability, nowadays after a recommendation from one of my friends I just share my calendy profile link to people, it shows when you are free and they can easily spot availability. Easy to use and simple. Not many features though
Consthere are very limited number of features in this application.
July 16, 2019
Ganjar W.
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
April 27, 2019

“Brilliant application to arrange your schedule!”

OverallAs a lecturer, I have to divide my time for teaching classes, research activities and meeting my research students . These are truly overwhelming at first since I had to allocate extra time to arrange my schedule, extra time which I do not have! With Calendly, I can ask the students to book particular session, according to their needs. This has made my whole professional life easier!
ProsCalendly allows users to set schedules with several easy steps! All you need to do is log in to Calendly, set your schedule, which could be daily, weekly, monthly or on certain dates, and share your Calendly link to your colleagues. Whenever your colleagues want to meet you, all they need to do is click the link, book appropriate time convenient to you both and that meeting is going to appear in your schedule! Very easy and handy.
ConsThe free version only allows one type of meeting. This does not diminish the value of Calendly, though. It is still a very useful application!
April 27, 2019
Tracy M.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 21, 2019

“You need a scheduler in your business.”

OverallOverall it meets its function and I enjoy the service.
ProsI love that it is so easy to simply avoid the banter back and forth or phone tag.
ConsI wish it had more features before having to upgrade.
September 21, 2019
Kalie L.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2019

“The hassle of comparing calendars”

OverallWe were able to solve and tackle the inconveniences that come along with scheduling meetings with customers and potential customers.
ProsIn the remote working community, many meetings, if not all, will take place online. When working with customers that have questions about a product it is incredibly time-consuming to compare schedules through multiple emails to schedule a meeting time. With Calendly's ability to sync directly to your calendar, it puts the scheduling into the hands of the one who has requested the meeting. They are able to look at time slots in which you are available and once they schedule it will then appear in your calendar with a meeting link and information regarding the call if you so choose to set it up in this manner.
ConsWhen using it for training with other customers that already had our product, it was difficult in the software to switch "owners" of the meeting if something came up in your schedule. While you can just transition the calendar invite, having the software handle this task would have been much easier.
August 23, 2019
Paco S.
UI/UX Designer
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2019

“Great”

OverallOverall this has helped me be way more efficient and made my job easier.
ProsAs a freshmen mentor at my university, this is instrumental in setting up times to meet with students. I have my own classes I have to attend and my students had their own crazy schedules. It's annoying to have to go back and forth and say "when would be a good time to meet" and they say "tuesday or thursday" "what time?" "anywhere between 3:00 and 5:00" "Oh I have class until then, does 6:00 work?" blah blah blah...Calendly lets you just send a link, and they see when you are available, then they choose a time when they are available. It's really good.
ConsMy only issue is that it work of takes some time to figure out all the tools. Which in some ways is good because there are so many tools you can be very precise in scheduling. But I don't understand some of it.
February 1, 2019
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
September 29, 2018

“Convenient Appointment Scheduler”

ProsI came across Calendly last year when I was invited to book an appointment with another professional through an email and I Immediately fell in love with this idea. All you have to do is update your availability in the application and share a link with your audience. It lets them easily browse through your availability and select a day and time to schedule an appointment, all within a couple clicks. Calendly is well integrated with other services. For example, if you receive an invitation through Gmail and end up setting up a meeting, it automatically adds it to your Calendar.
ConsSo far my experience with Calendly has been very solid and smooth. No problems so far.
September 29, 2018
John B.
September 8, 2018

“Multiple Calendars and Great Value!”

ProsBefore I started using Calendly to schedule appointments I constantly found myself hopping back and forth between various calendar and scheduling platforms. A time consuming and usually unsatisfying adventure each and every time. Calendly changed the game for me though. Creating calendars is a breeze and I love the fact that I can embed them. It makes scheduling meeting with current clients and consultations with prospects a breeze. Oh yeah, one more MAJOR plus for me is that Calendly reminds my client as well as myself about our meeting. I haven't had a missed meeting or client no-show since I've started using it!
ConsPossibly the perfect cloud scheduling tool there is. No cons.
Sandra O.
User Experience Designer
1001-5000 employees
July 13, 2018

“Simple,easy to use and efficient.”

ProsCalendly is an easy scheduling tool to use. We integrated this on our website ,allowing customers to book sessions with our sales agents on Calendly via our website. It has greatly reduced the time spent to fix appointments via back and forth phone calls and emails. While also enabling us save financial resource that used to be expended communicating with customers on the phone ,trying to ascertain the best time for a meeting with a sales person.
ConsThe support team at Calendly is very slow to respond to any query we have sent to them in time past. Most times by the time we get a response from Calendly support , we would already had fixed the problem ourselves.This shortcoming need to be worked on.
July 13, 2018
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1001-5000 employees
July 10, 2018

“Organizes our client meeting scheduling process.”

Pros Calendly enable selected high profile clients and customers to schedule meetings with anybody in my team. With Calendly we have been able to avoid the usual back and forth emails ,or phone calls which is very much synonymous with trying to arrange meetings. I like the automated email reminders my team and clients get ,which keeps all parties informed of the meeting schedule and this makes it difficult for any party to miss a scheduled appointment,because they forgot.
ConsA few of our clients in different timezone from ours have had one or two complaints,as they would rather prefer if Calendly can automatically update the time to their own local time.
Mark M.
Co-Owner
Construction, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2019

“Frees up Time”

OverallIt's making scheduling appointments much easier with our customers. The customers also get an email after the appointment is scheduled so they are able to cancel it or request a day/time change if something comes up and that day/time no longer works for them.
ProsWe use a receptionist company that takes all of our business calls and whenver a customer wants to schedule a free estimate, the receptionist uses Calendly. We have sales reps that are assigned these customers in a round robin way. The appointment automatically gets added to their calendar and all of the customer information is included.
ConsWe don't have any cons to say about calendly at this time. So far it's been working great.
February 21, 2019
namrata d.
Proprietor
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“Fix all your scheduling woes with a single tool.”

OverallIt is amazing! Once I started using it, I couldnt fathom how I got by without it. I recommend this to people quite often. Just a fantastic utility all around.
ProsIts a great tool to set up meetings with people. Normally that requires a lot of emails to try to find a common time. Calendly fixes that by allowing you to set up times when you are free so the person on the other end can easily find out when you are available and schedule something using Calendly. And the best thing about this is the Outlook integration for me. I loved how easy it was to sync this to my Outlook calendar. So now whenever I send someone a calendly link it automatically checks to make sure I dont have a meeting or a call booked for that time slot. I love it so much that I have now made it a permanent part of my Outlook signature!
ConsTheir website layout is really messy. I wish it was easier to set up and later on make changes to. Thankfully that is not something you would do frequently.
February 20, 2019
Scotty H.
Account Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“Calendly is just a no-brainer”

OverallAgain, complete no brainer. I am now always available to anyone who needs me. And as the saying goes, "the best ability is availability."
ProsWhy wouldn't you use Calendly? It makes it so easy for my customers and prospects to immediately get time with me without having to go through the rigamarole of sending emails back and forth about what times work. It even lets you block out time for PTO or vacation so that you're not accidentally booked for something you can't attend. With a FREE VERSION, it's a no brainer.
ConsEven though it has all the tools to make scheduling easy, I do sometimes wish there was a "confirmation" feature, just to make sure there is not a conflict that I have no put on my calendar yet. Finally, I would love an auto-response feature that would allow me to customize the "Thank You" email.
January 8, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 3, 2019

“Calendly has scheduling meeting a walk in the park!”

Overall1. Like that calendly allows me to schedule a 1:1 and group meetings. I do a lot of recruitment and this software has helped me to seamlessly schedule meetings over a period of one month or two. Calemdly has made me so efficient in my role.
Pros1. It can easily sync up with my personal G-calendar 2. The client don't get to see other meeting in my calendar but only empty timeslots and schedule a meeting by a click of a button 3. It allows me to schedule 15 through to 1-hour meetings.
ConsIf a candidate or a client or candidate doesn't find a time that works for them I have to manually schedule for more empty slots. If you forget to schedule times that you don't want to have a meeting e.g during lunch break - a client can schedule at that time. As a user, you have to be extra careful when scheduling a meeting via calendly.
April 3, 2019
Josh D.
Sales Engineering Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 30, 2018

“Awesome & easy to use calendar scheduling app”

OverallCalendly was the first scheduling app that I used and it was a game changer. I loved not having to go back and forth with my clients trying to work out a time.
ProsCalendly is simple and does the job it's made for. You can get up and running in no time and it will save you and your team time and money by getting calls booked quickly. They even have features that help to remind your clients of the upcoming calls with helps increase hold rates.
ConsI wish there were better features for teams. They have the basics but advanced team features would be great. I spend a lot of time managing the same meetings that included myself and a rep. They also lack some advanced features that we have found on other applications such as allowing leads to scheduling right from your website quickly and easily.
December 30, 2018
Surender S.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2018

“Amazing tool to automate your calendar scheduling. ”

OverallOne word - Amazing. Cannot do without it now.
ProsThis is far and away the best way to automate your calendar appointments. You sign up and download a little utility and that syncs with your Microsoft outlook. After that you just send your calendly link to anyone you want to book an appointment with (or in our case, use it in your email signature) and anyone with that link can see your schedule and book an appointment. Initially (before we were using this) we used to waste so much time going back and forth in emails trying to find a common free time slot to set up a call or a meeting. Once we started using this, all of them immediately got fixed. Now we just send a calendly link and sit back and relax. Its fantastic. Even the free version is fully feature packed and will get you or your team going immediately.
ConsNothing much to dislike. Its crazy useful even if you get the free version.
September 17, 2018
Alexander J.
Director of Operations
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
March 19, 2019

“Calendly: A Decent Scheduling Option”

OverallOverall I was generally happy with Calendly and would recommend it for business.
ProsCalendly helped me schedule meetings with those outside my organization. I typically use it to schedule interviews for potential candidates. It's a great tool that integrates with my Google Calendar that I use to schedule my work day. Instead of the back and forth trying to schedule a meeting, it shows what availability I have. You can set up the tool to define what a work day looks like so that others are not booking during times outside the normal work day.
ConsCalendly becomes confusing when meetings need to be rescheduled, people don't have their calendars set to the appropriate time zone, or when alternative needs come up. I've had several occasions where people would show up at the wrong time for a meeting because they did not have their calendar on the right time zone. This led to a bit of frustration as you wouldn't be fully prepared for the meeting when they would show up hours before you thought it was scheduled. You cannot just assume people know how to use technology, so this could create confusion.
Matt J.
Account Executive
July 19, 2018

“Super easy to use, great way to schedule!”

OverallSaves me several back and forth emails to find a time. This is not only time saving, but stress relieving.
ProsI am able to completely customize my availability within the system. It also links to my google calendar, so it updates itself when I make certain times busy on my schedule. I also like that it sends an automated accept from the person scheduling with me, that way I don't have to scratch and claw to grab that accept.
ConsI wish Calendly synced with my gmail to create a full calendar view within my email so my clients don't have to go through the trouble of clicking the link, then finding the day and time.
July 19, 2018
July 10, 2018

“So simple, people can book me without back and fort conversation about timing”

ProsIt is simple to setup and even simpler to use. This piece of software allows you to schedule your days really easy. And it also allows you to share it with external people so they can book time with you. You can create different types of events like 10 min, 15 mins and 30 mins meetings. The software will show the available spots when the person selects one of the meeting types.
ConsOne thing I dislike is that it does create the event as if I created it, so the user can not cancel it. Sometimes the other person cancels the event but the event still appears us available in my calendar.
Kyle M.
Founder & CEO
June 30, 2018

“Good Tool for Scheduling & Meeting Management”

Pros- Enough options within the tool & platform to create a nice way to "gate" yourself while allowing scheduling of a variety of meetings - Integrates nicely w/ tools such as Zapier, Google Calendar (GSuite), etc. - Good pricing structure for what you get included in their plans
Cons- Going to be replaced by voice search & scheduling assistants (i.e. Alexa or Siri) in my opinion - They need an enterprise or small business (team) level solution in their pricing structure (i.e. so that you can create scheduling links per team member) - Pretty limited functionality, but does the job
June 30, 2018
Lucas S.
Clinical Director, Recruitment Lead, Legislative Advocate
June 22, 2018

“The best of many competitors I tried”

ProsHaving gone through a lot of the other big names, I used Calendly initially for myself before spreading it to my whole team and it's been absolutely perfect. The way we can sync not only with whatever calendars but also with each other, have custom landing pages and choices for different client categories, branding options, etc., has been totally flawless. I've never once had a technical hiccup and I really appreciate some "little touch" features like different availabilities for different services. Bravo, A+, will continue to use.
ConsDoes get a little pricy once you rack up the features and users but still either less expensive or competitive with any other solution in the category while being much more user friendly.
June 22, 2018
Jean-Philippe B.
User researcher
July 22, 2019

“Setting up meetings has never been that easy”

ProsAs a user researcher, I'm constantly interviewing people and Calendly has helped me quite a lot. The integration with my Office 365 calendar is seamless and people can easily see my availabilities. Plus we can customize the meeting to our needs. I like the different teams meeting options since it gave us more flexibility when we need to schedule meetings with our users. We can also setup reminders which are quite useful and helped us reduce the number of "no-show"
ConsI've simply never had any issues with Calendly! POW!
July 22, 2019
Adam K.
Video Creation and Lead Generating Ninja
June 1, 2019

“Easy calendar scheduler”

OverallSimple to use appointment scheduler which does what it is for. I really like the simplicity and the flexibility to communicate with the other party before the appointment to make sure we are on the same page when we have the meeting or the call.
ProsThe title says it already. After testing a couple of different options I have settled with Calendly as the easiest and still complex calendar scheduler integrated with my Google Calendar. It is a set and forget option as I can manage all of the blocked out times from my calendar instead of logging in to Calendly again and again. I can set the length of the meeting / call with automatic buffer time, which gives me a chance to get prepared for the next event.
ConsThe limitations of the free account can be frustrating but the very affordable paid subscription solve the issues. Analytics is not existing and that could be handy but not a big issue.
June 1, 2019
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Awesome Solution for Scheduling and Fast Time Management”

OverallI use calendly for my personal time management as well as some work meetings. Very useful and comfortable tool to use.
ProsCalendly is a great tool that allows you to create a an option for the audience to schedule a meeting with you. Everything is customizable and adjusted to work with specific time slots. Very nicely integrated with calendars and mail. One of the tools that barely has any compatition.
ConsLimitations. It's bet several years since I started using calendly, it is great and awesome. The only issue is - there is not much development anymore. Yes, Calendly is the best out there, but we all know what monopoly does. It would be nice to be able to schedule a video conference or make more flexible schedules, maybe a chat or some more integrations. There are many things to do. Again, I am a fan of Calendly, just a bit worried, one day there will be a tool with more new trendy things and the people might shift.
March 5, 2019