MiniTool Power Data Recovery Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.2/5

About MiniTool Power Data Recovery

MiniTool Power Data Recovery free edition is the best all in one free data recovery software for Windows and server users. With only three-step, users could recover lost, deleted, formatted, corrupt files safely and with ease. Learn more about MiniTool Power Data Recovery

YURY K.
March 30, 2018

“MiniTool Power Data Recovery has helped me many times to recover lost data in different situations.”

OverallIf you lose data, you can contact the company that is engaged in data recovery at a professional level, which is very expensive. Therefore, one of the fastest, easiest, and least expensive ways to recover data is the MiniTool Power data Recovery program, which can be used multiple times. Especially this program will be useful if you have deleted an important document that needs to be urgently restored. And it will be enough free version of MiniTool Power data Recovery.
ProsMiniTool Power Data Recovery is one of the most useful programs for data recovery on Windows 7,8,10 welcome operating systems. The program has a wide range of capabilities, the main of which are: Hard Drive Recovery SD card Recovery Recover Deleted Files Photo Recovery Recover Data from RAW USB Data Recovery MiniTool Power Data Recovery finds data on formatted or deleted disk partitions. MiniTool Power data Recovery provides an advanced filter to selectively recover deleted files. In the Advanced Filter dialog box, specify the type of file to be searched, the size range, and the approximate date (from and to) when the file was created or modified. This feature will significantly speed up the search and recovery of the required files. MiniTool Power Data recovery separately offers a special program called Bootable Media Builder, which allows you to create a bootable CD/DVD Power data Recovery. The program has an attractive and intuitively understandable modern user interface with dynamic icons. The program is easy to use and to recover lost data you need to do only 3 simple steps There is good around the clock technical support through the site direct dialogue, social networks and email. In addition, there is a free version of MiniTool Power data Recovery which is fully functional, but allows you to restore only up to 1 GB of data.
ConsOnly one language - English. A small number of files cannot be restored to their original state, but this is not critical. A large hard drive restores for a long time.
March 30, 2018
Management Consulting, 1001-5000 employees
January 21, 2019

“Data recovery | Get back the lost data ”

ProsMiniTool Power Data Recovery can use with many levels of the lost data like Deleted data, Formatted disks, Virus attacks, Hard disk failures etc. including hard drives, flash drives memory cards, CD/DVDs with images, videos, documents, audio files and emails.
ConsTrail version supports limited features, have to purchase for activate full features.
January 21, 2019
Wilco v.
Webprogrammeur
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 9, 2019

“Very powerful data recovery software”

OverallThis software has managed to recover my data where other products failed.
ProsVery easy to use, the user interface is clear and not overwhelming. Has recovered files and drives in occasions where other recovery software failed for me. Shows an easy to read list of files it has recovered, warns you to not save recovered data to the same drive that you are recovering the data from. Also manages to recover the names of files if the file has not been deleted too long ago.
ConsFinding and recovering files takes a lot of time sometimes, but the drive is probably mostly to blame for that.
Gilad E.
Certification Engineer
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
April 15, 2019

“Just recovering your data”

OverallIt helps us recovering important data fast and independently.
ProsI liked the tool is used for recovering the entire storage device and supports also the annoying (micro)SD devices which keeps breaking all the time. the tool works fast and easy to use.
ConsThe tool free version is not exactly useful using the free version (1GB limit) with today storage amounts and also does not have smarter mechanism and presenting older versions and duplicated files.
April 15, 2019
Erica P.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2018

“One of the best data recovery software”

ProsMy first contact with MiniTool Power Data Recovery was about 9 years ago. I was surprised of usage and efficiency . All my photos lost with broken partition was recovered successfuly. Since then I used it several times, always with 100% recovered data. Of course, I do not wish anyone to lose data, but I recommend this software any case :)
ConsRather, I did not notice any program errors.
November 28, 2018
James Z.
IT Manager
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees
January 20, 2017

“Smart And Easy To Use Interface”

OverallMiniTool Power Data Recovery is my first choice and is a useful data recovery software. I was able to recover data ever after I have emptied the recycle bin. Most important thing I liked about this product is it's easy to use interface. It's very simple and clean with well defined functions. Even though it takes hours to recover data from my entire hard drive but the result is satisfactory. But it doesn't allow you to skip sectors. Overall I like the software ever since I used it.
ProsEasy to use. Recovers data from flash memory cards.
ConsTakes hours for it's operation.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is a great alternative for most data recovery software.
January 20, 2017
Deilson E.
Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 4, 2017

“Must have software to get control of your hard disks!”

OverallI frequently use the software to resize partitions as necessary. More recently, it was key to migrate my operational system partition from conventional hard disks to SSD solid state drives. Always worked beautifully! The software help me a lot to keep my computers working without problems and at good performance.
ProsEasy to use
ConsFound one bug when resizing some partitions
Recommendations to other buyersPowerful software. Users must use with caution to avoid unintended data loss.
Anthony P.
Owner/Operator
Media Production, Self-employed
August 28, 2018

“LIFE SAVING PRODUCT! SO thankful I found this application!”

OverallI am a photographer. I covered a memorial ride for a young wife and kids who lost their father in a tragic motorcycle accident. I had hundreds of heartfelt photos with family and friends who came together to honor their fallen friend. Somehow, during a cut and paste process to move files into a newly created folder, the files got lost. I accidentally used the undo command a few times, which deleted the new folder, undid the clipboard copy of photos, and the physical copy of the photos were GONE. I'm an IT guy, over 20 years experience. I did a TON of things to try to locate/recover the files. They were GONE. PERIOD. I searched for and found this product, tested it, was blown away by it and eagerly gave them my money. Files were restored and the photos were delivered to the family.
ProsSuper easy to use interface; a thorough, DEEP penetrating scan and recovery tool. The product absolutely delivered upon it's purpose.
ConsThere is NOTHING to dislike about this product. The nature of data recovery is complex, and MiniTool Power Data Recovery does a great job to simplify that process.
August 28, 2018
Cory H.
Lead Technician
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
November 26, 2018

“Stats made easy”

ProsMakes it very easy to analyze data. Cpk ppk built in and has a great charting layout.
ConsCan be complicated for new users. Has a learning curve.
November 26, 2018
Pete P.
Parts/IT
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“To the rescue!”

OverallAfter a nasty infection of Cryptowall ransomware, my client was left without dozens of important spreadsheets that contained vital info she had not backed up elsewhere. As it goes, sometimes Crypto ransomware makes an encrypted copy of files, then deletes the unencrypted copy. This was the case here, as I was able to restore her spreadsheets and a whole lot more. The process is slow, but it works 100%. Great user-interface too. MiniTool PDR is the best I've used.
ProsGreat UI, the fact that it works! I always expect good results, provided hardware will co-operate
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersInstall it on an different physical drive than the one you're attempting a recovery on.
Rafael M.
Analista
May 13, 2018

“Great! Recover valuable information thanks to this software.”

ProsI like the possibility of recovering information from damaged drives, from hard disks to removable memories.
ConsI do not like that they have not yet released a version to work on Linux environment, I think that Linux is an operating system that over the years has gained many users.
May 13, 2018
Patrick D.
Network administrator
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

“a rather good value”

OverallGiven the overall functionality and features, this piece of software is a rather good value. I haven't had many meetings with her customer service, although my limited experience was excellent. As a former network administrator and IT professional, I can stand by this software and have recommended to multiple colleagues and friends.
Prosfull Functionality
ConsUI could be a little more user-friendly, especially for beginners.
Recommendations to other buyersConsider a more simple tutorial.
Joseph L.
IT Support
Utilities, 11-50 employees
January 12, 2017

“Best Data Recovery Software And Effective Tool”

OverallThis is one of my personal favorite for the last 6 months. It works like wonder when it comes to data recovery from hard drive, flash drive or memory card. In the recent version the interface is very easy to use and user friendly. Many many thanks for MiniTool for the wonderful software and have never turned me down.
ProsEasy To Use, Full Functionality
ConsNo Cons
Recommendations to other buyersIt is easy and simple to use when it comes to data recovery.
Syed Saqib A.
Operations Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
December 4, 2018

“Decent tool”

Pros1. Very easy to use. 2. Intuitive GUI with hassle-free operation 3. Recovers data if no data is overwritten on the deleted files 4. Works on sd cards and portable drives too
Cons1.. Time consuming process of recovering the data. 2. Wobt be able to recover old deleted file. Suitable only for recently deleted file
December 4, 2018
Atif I.
January 4, 2017

“Ease of use and quick installation process are two salient virtues of MiniTool Power Data Recovery.”

OverallMost of the computer users use it for fun things and hate complicated settings and programs. Ease of use and quick installation process are two salient virtues of MiniTool Power Data Recovery. This data recovery software is very easy to install, easy to use and user-friendly. You don't need to install anything additional and make any complicated settings. MiniTool Power Data Recovery never failed whenever I used it to recover lost/deleted data. MiniTool Power Data Recovery helped me to recover 438 GB data and 95% data was usable. It works like a charm with USB flash drive, SD card, local and external storage hard disks.
Carolina S.
Analista de sistema
May 1, 2018

“I was able to retrieve information from my disk drives that I thought had been lost.”

ProsI like that thanks to this software I was able to recover very valuable information for my work team, by mistake I deleted a partition of the disk, I was very anxious until a friend recommended this program to apply it and I was able to save my information.
ConsI do not like that there is not a version for Linux, I think that a software as complete as this should have support in all operating systems, and Linux over time has grown in users.
May 1, 2018
Philip B.
Construction, 1-10 employees

“A Lifesaver”

OverallOut on the job one day I made a series of photos and notes and saved them to a flash drive, when I got home I plugged the drive in and went to make dinner before I started to edit the notes and photos for bids. we experienced a short outage and when the power came on I could not access the info on the drive, frantic I kept trying to access the info, I used every trick I could think of, then I remembered I had MiniTool, I fired it up and within a few minutes I recovered everything, saved me a whole day's extra work. It was easy to recover my data, it's a real keeper.
ProsEasy to use You don't have to be a computer wiz to use Affordable Works on any type of storage media
ConsNothing so far
Recommendations to other buyersEven if you only use it once, it's worth having
Wai L W.
January 4, 2017

“Superb tool just when you need it”

OverallOne of my kids accidentally erased some precious family photos when I forgot to unplug the portable hard drive containing the photos from our PC. I only found that out a few weeks later but the hard disk was continuing being used during that time. Upon discovering the fact, I pray the deleted files were not overwritten. Minitools Power Data Recovery saved the day, allowing me to recover a substantial part of the deleted files. Lessons learned: always keep a backup copy offsite and invest in a worthy data recovery software.
Robert W.

“Excellent Tool”

OverallPartitioning made easy. Never failed me. Easy to use interface. I partitioned a 1 terabyte Western digital hard drive into three separate dives to have a backup of my computer configuration. It performed this operation flawlessly. I now store the drive apart from my computer and have everything near at hand in case of a major disaster like a fire. I can just grab the drive and run and know I will be able to restore all my data from the three drives I have in my computer.
ProsEase of use.
ConsNothing.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Michael H.
January 19, 2017

“Moved my operating system to a new SSD!”

OverallHi, the MiniTool did just what I needed. I got a new SSD and wanted it to be my OS drive for faster boot up, but I had lots of programs installed, some on C drive and some on D drive. I did not want to reinstall Windows 10, especially because I did the free upgrade from Windows8. Reinstall Win8, then try to figure out how to get the free upgrade to Win10 again? No thanks! With MiniTool, I ran the "Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard" and it worked perfectly!
Proseasy to use
ConsN/A
Keren K.
Developer
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Great tool, but better not needing it..”

ProsThis magnificent tool can really entire missing data (and nerves), it works almost perfectly with most kind of storage devices. It does the job pretty well and also recovers an older version of files I didn't know existed. It very easy to use and the results are great.
ConsI lease like the tool interfaces, it doesn't give the right indication and in bigger recovery tasks there is no time estimation. Also the free version does not tell there is 1GB limitation until the process is finished.
February 26, 2019
Alex R.
Sales Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
January 19, 2017

“Works Very Well To Recover Data Even On Small Device”

OverallMiniTool Power Data Recovery is my personal best when it comes to data recovery. I was able to recover data from my external hard drive. Even though my drive was reformated, I was able to get my data back. One of the most useful features of this software is that it has a feature setting for recovering data from small devices. It is a very useful software and would definitely recommend.
ProsSimple And Easy To Use Interface. Easy To Follow Wizard.
ConsTakes Hour To Recover A Whole Hard Drive.
Recommendations to other buyersWhile recovering data from memory card do use a card reader instead of card inserted into the phone.
Wayne N.
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
January 19, 2017

“Must have tool to save data”

OverallDivided large drive into 4 partitions, used one partition for document backup. When computer crashed and had to re-install windows, my document partition was not affected and easily recovered all my docs!!!! Absolutely needed!!
Prosdrive partitions make organizing data easy
ConsMost software is a PIA, mini tool is easy
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want to save important data, partition a drive to separate it from the operating system
Brad M.
DBI
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
January 5, 2017

“What would I do without it”

OverallLets just say using this could not be easier. It allowed me to redo my computer without losing anything I didn't want too. Made my day.
ProsEase of use
Constime involved preping
Recommendations to other buyersTake your time and all will work out like it did for me.
January 5, 2017
Damith M.
Mechatronics Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Best Data Recovey Software Ever Encountered ”

OverallOverall experience is quite good and im really satisfied with the software functionality
ProsReally Easy to use and really reliable, its very light software and really simple . But it functions well .I almost recovered everything i needed.
ConsSometimes the recovered files are corrupted and its really hard to pinpoint a file because its renamed and i had to open up every file and check them. it would be really easy if you can retrieve the same name the file had before deleting
Rene D.
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
January 12, 2017

“Fantastic tool for a great price !”

OverallI thought i lost a very important file for a project i was doing, i had mistakenly deleted it when i deleted a folder, but MiniTool Power Data Recovery managed to find it and save my bacon. Now its one of the first programs i install after installing windows on my machines. Fantastic tool for a great price !
Prosease of use thoroughness
Caleb A.
January 12, 2017

“Extremely easy hard drive partitioning tool”

OverallWith MiniTool Partition Wizard I was able to setup Windows 10 on my laptop and my computer very quickly more than any other program would offer I am very satisfied with all the features that MiniTool Partition Wizard has to offer I would definitely recommend this to all my *friends
WD N.
Boss
Military, 1-10 employees
January 12, 2017

“ can't live without it”

OverallBest way to create backup disk and partition for music videos documents when Windows crashed and I had to reload it this saved all my info
ProsCreate backup disk and save your information
Recommendations to other buyersYou've got to use this if you don't want to lose your data
Howard R.
Retired
Restaurants, Self-employed
January 4, 2017

“MiniTool Power Data Recovery review”

OverallA friend recommended me to use this software. I was highly impressed with the straightforward installation, ease of us and helpful friendly support who responded quickly to a query that I made.
ConsNo issues so far
Recommendations to other buyersI would advise anyone to give this product a trial.
Kazi S.
January 4, 2017

“Excellent And Power Pack Data Recovery Software”

OverallOne of the finest software in this field. It does an excellent work when it comes to data recovery and same services. The very first day I started using this software, I didn't turn to any other product. Search and recovery options are well placed and easy to use. Great work.
Aldo S.

“Excellent !!!”

OverallVery easy to use. Interface is very intuitive and modern. Many options for manipulating disk structures. Highly recommended.
ProsVery easy to use. Interface is very intuitive and modern. Many options for manipulating disk structures.
ConsNo Cons.
AJ A.

“Necessary Emergency Software”

OverallKeep this in your important tools and cleaner file. You experience "empty file" or think you have overwritten something, pull this out and like magic, files reappear. Have always had good luck recovering files from any drive.
Stu K.

“PICS were recovered.”

OverallI definitely thought my pictures were lost, but I was wrong. Your software recovered all but about ten out of hundreds and hundred. Needless to say, I am thankful, and beyond that would heartily recommend your software to anyone who wants results.
Robert E.
January 19, 2017

“Needs to be refined, so older systems will not be crashed.”

OverallWas recovery some pictures accidentally deleted from an XP after Win 7 was installed. Had to associated the 2 different OSes. Their structures are compatible if they are noyed to have the older OS as its source.
Kenneth W.

“Great Tool!”

OverallI was able to recover some data from an older hard drive with ease. No problems encountered with using the program, and I was able to save some documents that I thought were lost! Great product!
Larry C.

“Easy to use”

OverallI gave customer support 4 stars, but in truth, I have never had any reason to use customer support. This software is one of the finest utilities I have ever used. Easy interface, comprehensive, and fast.
Sinh P.

“Great software”

OverallI have mistake went format my disk drive, I had tried a lot of software but inefficient. MiniTool Power Data Recovery rescue a lot of my data.
Tony M.

“Good Tool.. ”

OverallLooks like a great tool. Did not work for my problem, but it was the nature of my problem made for deterioration of system. Not a problem of MiniTool.
Andrea T.

“Great little program”

OverallI have had no problems with this program, it does exactly what it says it does, can't ask for anything better.
Prosdoes what it is supposed to do
Conscouldn't find any
Recommendations to other buyersno
donald h.
Computer Tech
January 4, 2017

“Works well, easy top use”

OverallOnly used it once and had no issues with it.Set up was smooth and I got back most of what I needed. I recommend trying it.
Proseasy to use, And works as advertized
Research, 1001-5000 employees
January 8, 2019

“Excellent software”

ProsMiniTool Power Data Recovery is a very useful software for recovering information deleted by accident or by mistake. It works for Windows OS.
ConsI would expect it to develop a version which works with linux OS.
January 8, 2019
jason w.

“very good”

Overallvery good else to user for the user help Value for Money Features & Functionality Ease of Use Customer Support
Thomas F.
January 4, 2017

“Nice addition for any computer”

Overallvery easy to set up and use, I recommend for all who have multiple users on one computer, you never know who is going to hit the wrong button
Ramon M.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Effective a Simple”

OverallEffective application for data recovery with a clean and intuitive interface but lacking some advanced functions. I'd like to be able to manipulate sectors for pulling off raw data or to designate the start and end location of a scan to skip bad sectors.
ProsInterface
ConsLack of advanced functions
Bob M.
Media Production, 1-10 employees

“Great tool”

OverallUsed the software to recover a deleted file. Easy to use with a simple, intuitive interface. The Mini Tool worked flawlessly.
ConsCould be faster
Recommendations to other buyersNone
William G.
Retired
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Unspecified

“Super product”

OverallI would recommend this to my family and friends. It is a great recovery tool. To those who read this you must try this out you will like what you find.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsI have found nothing that I dislike about this software at this time.
Recommendations to other buyersAgain it is easy and simple to use.
Carlos R.
Head Metrology Lab
Research, 201-500 employees
January 4, 2017

“Easy use and make your job”

OverallI will recuperate an external HD' archives (2TB, is a great lot of work). I recovery 35% of the information to the time and only 10 archives lost.
ProsEffective
ConsThe interface is confuse to the beginner
Coskun K.
Engineer
Utilities, Self-employed

“Good Product ”

OverallVery useful and successful product. I would recommend. User friendly control panel. Fast and smart. Thanks
ProsSmart and usefull Good price
ConsWeak help system
Lukasz P.
Retail, 201-500 employees
January 4, 2017

“That is what I'v been looking for ! ”

OverallThanks to MiniTool my precious data are back to live again! Recovery process was very easy, intuitive and what is most important - fully successful !!
ProsEasy of use