Edition Digital Ratings

Overall

About Edition Digital

SaaS publishing system for creating, distributing, monetising and analysing interactive digital content across all digital chanels. Learn more about Edition Digital

Igor P.
GM
Newspapers, 11-50 employees
October 13, 2018

“EXCELLEN PRODUCT - easy to use, simple, effective with a lot of feature, price performance - MUST TR”

OverallGreat product for big and small publishers and dedicated customer support which is crucial for not so digital savvy publishers.
ProsAs a small publisher I was looking for a solution to digitize our print magazine with an 18 years of archive. Our reader's base is relatively old so the solution we were looking for needed to cover not just apps but also desktop which is still primarily screen in that age group. Edition Digital was able to offer solution that works best for us. We really liked the unified user management for apps and desktop that gives us control over our users and makes the whole digital part of our business manageable. Great feature are the inbuilt promotion options like coupons and vouchers that we can easily create as well as bundling offers. The production process is quick and simple. We produce desktop version and complementary mobile version to optimize reading experience for our mobile readers. Producing both takes us just a couple of hours per issue which is again extremely important for us as we just don't have the manpower. We even swopped our old web page for Edition Digital Content hub solution which now serves as a traffic driver to our newsstand (radar.si).
ConsThe app submitting process was a bit of a struggle as we have never done it before. But luckily Edition Digital team was there to jump in and they completed it for us.
October 13, 2018
Ben B.
Graphic Designer
Publishing, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Excellent Features with Great Usability”

OverallWe are able to create stunning animated publications, without the cheap-looking pdf conversions of old. It is crisp, clear and smooth. The animation and video function helps us display more content, add call-to-actions and provide more detail. If we want to supply previews to advertisers in the magazines, we can. If we need to amend a page, we can, instantly. Plus if we need to discuss a feature then the team are always prompt and willing to help.
ProsThe learning curve is not hard at all, it's very easy to start creating layouts and bring in all your content. It also works very well as a management platform, where you can edit and refine all your publications in one place. The customer support is also second to none.
ConsNothing stands out as being a negative, except the company website used to display all pricing tiers, but that has now been relegated to 'contact us for details'. I think that immediacy is missing now.
February 12, 2019
Medina I.
Designer/Editor
Education Management, 1-10 employees
October 19, 2018

“A very mature and underrated platform.”

OverallThe best part of ED is the after-service. As a vendor of books/technical manuals, we were worried about working long-term after all of the set-up was complete. And we'd been burnt in the past with other systems. And as we were relatively early adapters of this system, I have seen the ED system in its various stages and the attention to detail is what was most pleasing about this system. Things are improved constantly and quickly by a team of driven people dedicated to their product. Now, this is starting to sound like a paid review, but we are just very grateful to have the support of a system that doesn't let down.
ProsI appreciate how much thought has gone into making such an capable product. We use ED books daily as an editor/admin and absolutely love it.
ConsIt's really hard to nitpick a great product, but the only thing ED needs is a bit more speed. That's it, really!
October 19, 2018
Nina H.
designer@HERCOGMARTINI
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
April 8, 2019

“Very powerful and intuitive to use with great design possibilities”

OverallED platform has real potencial in not just online publishing but any online content since it is fast and kind to no-coding-skills designers. I also appreciated the fact that more people can work on the same edition at the same time, so I could focus on the design while the editor could check/correct the content. The platform is also great for bigger editions (ours was over 70 pages) since the page organisation is really simple. Anytime I had any question, the customer support was brilliant, fast and helpful.
ProsAs a designer I really appreciate the software's ease of use without any coding skills. Creating rich and interactive online content with galleries, video, text, surveys and even animation is simple and fast and the finished edition looks great and professional.
ConsThere is no real con, the default look of the navigation buttons didn't really suit the identity design of the edition but with some workaround I could create totally custom made look and the client was really happy.
Dave S.
Senior Mac Artworker
Graphic Design, 51-200 employees
December 10, 2018

“Edition Digital works for us!”

OverallWe were looking for a way of turning our approved print brochures into an animated and interactive experience for our client's customers and Edition Digital was the solution.
ProsThis software helps the likes of me, artworking for print for many years, to get animating with a bit of effort and willingness to learn and in our case some excellent training and technical support. I find the interface intuitive and similar in the use of palettes and tools to the industry standard tools I use day in, day out to produce artwork for print so even though animation is somewhat outside my comfort zone, I still feel at home. The only real limit to its use is your creativity.
ConsThere's nothing really not to like about the software but be realistic that during the learning curve things will take time and nothing to do with the software itself, you have to cultivate a different mindset to get those items on your pages moving.
December 10, 2018
Jerald C.
Creative Direct
Online Media, 1001-5000 employees
December 20, 2018

“A complete interactive digital platform”

ProsAs a creative director for USA Today digital magazines, time is money. Edition Digital's software allows my team of designers to quickly create interactive digital publications using one platform. We take advantage of the various rich media tools such as audio, video, galleries, text blocks, surveys, forms and animation without coding. Edition Digital makes the process simple.
ConsWe have not run into and problems that Edition Digital's support team was not able to resolve.
Charlie B.
Global Content Strategist
Media Production, 10,001+ employees
November 9, 2018

“Publicis Media Global Content Practice”

ProsEdition Digital's Content hub was a great answer to our ambition as a Publicis Global Practice; to have a centralised hub of articles, videos, case studies and ongoing Thought Leadership pieces. After speaking to various players in the market, Edition Digital proved to be the best platform to answer all our needs. They provided a quick and easy-to-operate solution which was simple to set up - it was up and running in a week. As a tool, the UI is intuitive for the team to use, and results in a modern but simple design for the end user.
ConsNo cons in the features we use on a weekly basis.
November 9, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2019

“Easy for Design with Great Customer Support”

ProsThe platform is easy to use, especially if you are familiar with other ofline designing programs.
ConsIf I fun on somekind of troubles, support team always find the solution.
April 5, 2019
Media Production, 51-200 employees
January 14, 2019

“Great user support!”

OverallThe ED team and the platform deliver what they promise. So nothing to complain about.
ProsED was recommended to us by industry experts and we don't regret our choice. Our designers like working with it and our clients enjoy the results. But none of this would have been possible without the fantastic user support provided by ED. They are fast, reliable and patient.
ConsWe couldn't spot any cons with the platform.
January 14, 2019
Katja P.
designer
Design, Self-employed
January 7, 2019

“Powerful and simple”

OverallMy favourite part was customer care experience - they made the logic behind Edition Digital so clear, I managed to get the essentials within half an hour (bare in mind I had complicated projects in hands) and then I was able to really WORK for the rest of the day. All that was left unclear was resolved in one session after the first one in few minutes. Just love a learning curve like this ;)
ProsEase of use is incredible! I made 1 presentation and 2 mini-sites in two days with one call to support group that went really great and made my job so much easier. Logic behind animation and design tools is great and saves A LOT of time. Also importing design elements from my computer gave me the freedom i needed to create a quality product. Customers feedback was incredible, since their pdf was on-line with all statistics, animated and SEO-friendly ;)
ConsI don't like that I cannot create multiple pages with different canvas size.
January 7, 2019
Tomaz K.
DTP designer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“Nice addition to advertising”

OverallThe presentation where we learned about the product was very nice, the sample catalogues on your website are superb. We had to get to know the program, but when we did, we really liked working with it. I didn't give all the stars possible, because in my opinion there is place for improvement in every field in life:).
ProsYou can turn your printed editions to online interactive editions without special programming skills.
ConsSince I work in InDesign, I would wish the UI would have more similarities with ID. But when you work with the software on a daily basis, you get used to it pretty quickly.
David b.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

“Fruit design review”

OverallWe have used edition as an interactive marketing tool which our clients have really liked so rather than using edition for magazine design we are producing online promotional interactive pieces.
ProsThe functionality makes the software easy to use with built in features that enhance our design. It's intuitive so the learning curve is short.
ConsThere's not a lot I don't like about the softeware. If I was being picky some of the button sizes are small.
Paula M.
Managing Director
Publishing, 1-10 employees

“Great digital platform”

OverallWorked with Edition for a number of years and they're always developing the platform to keep at the forefront of digital publishing.
ProsVery flexible and easy to use. Published products look great across all devices. Easy to integrate video and picture galleries.
ConsNot experienced any issues with the software.
Katja G.
Art director
Design, Self-employed
April 9, 2019

“Easy to use and excellent results”

OverallWe use it for a monthly online magazine. This is how we get good contact with the consumer.
ProsIt is used in a similar way to other graphic programs.
ConsThere is nothing that is worth mentioning. If something bother me about the program, I contact the ED programmer and they quickly come to me with the solution.
April 9, 2019