SKULabs Ratings

Overall

About SKULabs

SKULabs is an all-in-one inventory management and order fulfillment solution. Sync inventory across multiple locations to all your sales channels. Create and submit purchase orders and easily receive new stock into inventory. Use cycle counting and barcode scanning to make inventory updates a breeze. Manage all of your orders in one place with tags and fulfillment status updates. Pick and ship your orders one by one or in sorted batches. Learn more about SKULabs

Aaron R.
IT/E-Commerce Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 13, 2018

“Solid functionality and Affordable”

OverallOverall SKULabs has really improved our accuracy in shipping, receiving PO's, and doing periodic inventory counts. Import/export functions are solid for being able to mass update to, or from SKULabs. Also, we do not see the 'anomalies' we saw in other software programs we used where inventory would just be off on occasion with no explanation. On that note, the logging system for products is very nice to be able to look back at when/how/why units were changed to track what is going on with any given product.
ProsThe integration of barcode scanning is very extensive in this software. Most software add on barcode scanning as almost an afterthought and that is apparent in its use, but SKULabs seems to hold it at its core and it becomes a very powerful tool. Very intuitive and usable GUI that doesn't overwhelm users. Solid integration with sales channels, and shipping services including Amazon SFP Shipping.
ConsIt takes a little testing to fully understand how the inventory is handled during the cancellation/picking/shipment process. When inventory is released back into inventory during the shipment/cancellation process combined with the picking/scanning can be a little confusing, but some quick testing can shed some light on how it is handled and is easy once you get the hang of it. The SKULabs mobile app has pretty poor performance. Slow response time and frequent disconnects/timeouts. We finally just started using the software through a browser on our mobile devices as it was more reliable.
September 13, 2018
Jonathan N.
web developer
Arts and Crafts, 501-1000 employees
September 27, 2017

“The nuclear option for fulfillment processing”

OverallOur fulfillment center is able to verify if everything is its package using scanners.
ProsThe thing that drove us to SkuLabs was that we could manipulate the picking process to suit our packing needs. However, using it I found out that there are tons of features hidden behind the scenes that we might not ever use. One of the areas that SkuLabs has really stood out has been in their customer service. If I have a question on how something works, there will be someone answering the question within an hour, and if something is broken, it will be fixed within the day.
ConsWith all of these features, some of the menus can get pretty convoluted. One of our concerns for the people using this feature is that they can still ship an item even if all of the items on the list haven't been scanned in to ship. One of the areas that we have really had to customize heavily is the ability to short an order from the fulfillment software and to capture payment. From all of our research into fulfillment software plans, these features were almost along with scanner verification of an order were not present. If you implemented these features, you would be by far and large the most well rounded fulfillment software on the market.
Carla M.
Warehouse manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2017

“Keeps our business running”

ProsWe use SKULabs to manage our retail and wholesale channels. SKULabs keeps track of my inventory counts and makes sure my pickers are shipping the right products to the right people. The couple of times I've needed help, a SKULabs team member was available right away to fix my issue.
ConsMy warehouse workers sometimes struggle with adding products to SKULabs when needed. After spending some time training them on it, though, I think they have it figured out.
Ludvig S.
Co-founder
January 22, 2016

“Clear winner in our selection process and I have never experienced a better customer service!”

OverallIf you are thinking about implementing an order management system for your store you should definitely consider using SKULabs! I have a Shopify store and I carefully reviewed all other order management systems with integration to Shopify before choosing SKULabs and I cannot have made a better choice. SKULabs has advanced functionality for order management, order picking, automatic purchase order generation and much more. It has a beautiful modern look and feel, it's impressively fast and it's very easy to use and very easy to implement despite its advanced functionality. What's even more impressive is their customer service, I have just not experienced anything like it before. Every time I post a question using their chat, I get a reply within seconds!! If a had an issue, they always start to work on it directly and it's normally fixed within a couple of minutes. They have also implemented all request I have had for new functionality either the same day or within a couple of days. I have of course not asked for functionality that I don't think would be good for others, but it's just amazing how they have adhered to it and implemented it quicker than I could have imagined. I normally don't write reviews but SKULabs and their service is exceptionally impressive! Go ahead and give them a call, you will definitely not regret it. Feel free to reach out to me as well if you have any further questions. Ludvig
January 22, 2016
Heather S.
January 13, 2016

“Very happy to have found SKULabs”

OverallI have a few online shops between my own website/domain, Etsy and Shopify as I am working hard to get my items out to as many people as possible. I am also working on expanding to a small local shop to sell some of my items and needed a single place to maintain my inventory instead of all the notepads and Excel spreadsheets I've tried over the years. I jumped in without scheduling a demo first and it was pretty easy to figure out, but it is way better if you take the time to go through the demo first and learn more about how it functions with your particular business. I do not have a "warehouse" and I don't do pick lists so I did not need that functionality and Brandon was able to help me figure out the best way to use the system to work with my business! Also...I love the idea of being able to ship from ONE place. Currently I ship via PayPal, Etsy and USPS - all for different reasons. $29/month is worth having a low maintenance solution to manage my inventory and shipping! I suggest setting up a demo, giving it a try and then setting up your business to function in a more efficient way. BTW...so looking forward to the integration with Quickbooks they will be releasing soon that will make it even better because I will be able to pull in my orders into QB instead of manually entering them!
May 27, 2018

“Great app. A little pricy.”

ProsLots of Features - definitely a full service product. Easy Setup - didn't take too long. Great Customer Support - they called me right after installing.
ConsPrice - that's my only complaint. It's really expensive. I'm using SKULabs to sync product details and inventory totals between Square and Shopify. I'm looking at another app that claims to do this but I'm a little afraid to take the risk. Has anybody used Squarify?
May 27, 2018
David A.
Warehouse Supervisor
Warehousing, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2019

“The Software We Needed”

OverallThe move to SKULabs has been a great choice. From the inventory control and product kitting, to the easy to use shipping interface we are very happy with the software. A number of times I have had trouble figuring out how to use some of these great features, and each time someone from the team has gotten back to me promptly. These responses aren't just a link to a help article, they are detailed messages including photo instructions about what your next steps are. If you have a question they have an answer. I can't wait to see what new features are around the corner.
ProsCustomer Support Easy to use interface Wide variety of tools Fast and simple shipping Great mobile app
ConsAll packages being sent as individual shipments, creating many tracking numbers for single customers.
February 11, 2019
Victoria S.
VP, Operations
March 8, 2016

“Best Shipping/Inventory Management Software Available”

OverallOur company tried and failed with at least 5 other (more expensive!!) shipping/inventory solutions before we discovered SKULabs. Integrating with Magento can be tricky, which is why none of the other solutions we tried were successful, but with SKULabs we were legitimately up and running within a week. Their customer support (especially Brandon) is phenomenal and would immediately respond to any requests/issues we had. He even tweaked the system to be more of a custom fit to our company's needs. Not only are we saving a ton of time packing and shipping orders, but we have significantly cut down on our shipping costs. We only wish we had known about SKULabs sooner - we could have saved ourselves the major frustration and headaches we experienced attempting to use other solutions. Save yourself time and just go with SKULabs from the get go, you will be happy you did.
March 8, 2016
Catherine J.
Operations
July 11, 2017

“Do not use this product”

ProsThe team behind SKULabs are nice (and always willing to take phone calls or chat via email), but unfortunately the product is too buggy and half built to serve any purpose. This product talks way more game than it delivers.
ConsThe landing page makes it seem like they have a full suite of functionality. In reality, they *some* functionality related to what they promise, but it's often half baked and buggy. The docs offer no guidance on how to use some features. It'd be worth its price if it actually did what they say they do on their website.
July 11, 2017
Jacque H.
Administrative Assistant
January 15, 2016

“This software gives me one-stop shopping! It saves me time and energy, and therefore, money!”

OverallThis program has been a Godsend to our company! Not only can I print the labels straight from my printer, but I can also prepare for upcoming events by getting rates with no more than zip codes, dimensions, and weights. It is great for figuring sales for items with free shipping! I'm not caught blindsided by shipping charges any more and my customers no longer have to wait for a long time while I access all of my accounts since they are now all in one place! It also gives me control over what shipper I use ~ so I'm never locked in to anything I don't want to do. The customer service is fantastic! They have been great to work with. They answer my questions quickly and resolve issues immediately. I couldn't ask for anything more~ I love using this program!
Tim S.
January 13, 2016

“Great software, updates galore”

OverallWe were looking at an app that would tie in our cart, shipping and inventory control. Out of the gate SKUlabs didn't fit our needs exactly, however, their support team was quick to identify those needs and made modifications within a few days to work within our systems. Glad we took the time to work with the SKUlabs team as this app has now replaced three separate systems that we were using. I would recommend this app wholeheartedly, especially to Canadian online retailers as it is one of the few that support Canadian shipping services.
Matt R.
January 15, 2016

“Great support, great software”

OverallI've been using SKULabs for about 5 months now and it has done exactly as we had hoped. We used to print out our invoices and pick orders manually, which took up a majority of our time (especially on dreaded Monday's due to high weekend volume). We are now finishing in nearly half the time and are making far less errors. The folks over at SKULabs are very easy to work with and were there during our setup. We highly recommend their software and professionalism.
Paul S.
Director, IT
January 14, 2016

“Awesome customer service & needed product”

OverallI was stuck for months trying to come up with a good shipping solution that could handle kits well. SKULabs came on the market and I was immediately hooked. While there have been some bugs, overall the product is very functional and exactly what I need. THE BEST PART is the customer service. Brandon and his team are always there and respond in a timely fashion to anything I need. If you're looking for a shipping solution, take the time to check SKULabs out.
January 14, 2016
Fanny W.
Business developement manager
January 20, 2016

“Great customer service, really help me to reduce the errors when fulfilling orders!”

OverallI use Shopify to manage orders, however, it can't really help me to reduce the packers' packing errors. So, I've been looking a long time for something like Skulabs which can help me to reduce the errors when fulfilling orders, and Skulabs is exactly what I need. The interface is very easy to use, and I love the sound when fulfill the order. :) Brandon is very kind, and always respond very fast with any of my questions.
Russell P.
January 20, 2016

“Makes shipping less of a hassle”

OverallWe previously shipped manually via Amazon using a process that now seems so outdated it would be hard to picture life without SKULabs in it. In addition to the convenience on my computer, shipping on my iPhone definitely adds an extra 'cool' factor! If ever there was an issue, customer support was able to help with a lightening fast response time to boot!
Gordon F.
January 21, 2016

“Provided a first class custom solution for us to sync stock across many channels.”

OverallHighly recommended. Brandon couldn't have been more responsive in getting our sync solution setup and he even helped iron out some other issues we were having with our own site!
January 21, 2016
Oscar M.

“Gets the job done”

OverallHelps out big time in a pinch on a busy day. Amazon, eBay, and 3dcart all in one place. 5/5 would recommend!
Nick M.