FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Ratings

Overall
4.6/5

About FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment

Financial Aid Assessment from FACTS takes the guesswork out of awarding aid by giving private schools all the information they need to award financial aid to the families who need it most. This, in turn, is done by conducting need assessment and also tracking the availability of funds and merit-based scholarships. Further, assisting the students in the enrollment and admission process. Learn more about FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment

Shannon F.
Enrollment Director
October 4, 2018

“Integrates well with FACTS/Renweb Software”

OverallThe best part about this tool is the justification it gives us to parents about why we award what we do. It is a low cost to the parents and gives them peace of mind their sensitive information will be secure. If you are currently using paper forms, I would highly recommend switching to FACTS Grant & Aid!
ProsThis is an all-in-one Grant & Aid tool. It allows families an unbiased 3rd party review software, allows administrators on the review team to see the overall picture compared to the aid budget, then posts the award directly to the student's account. They are also backed up by the excellent customer service provided by FACTS management. We have never had an issue with FACTS management go unresolved for more than 24 hours and 99% of the time they are able to resolve it right there on the phone with you.
ConsParts of the software were a little clunky to use. With as busy as we are as a small school, we need software that can be picked up pretty intuitively. There are quite a few steps to learn to just to finalize the award and post it to the account. Just to do this, I watched 3 separate videos. One of them I had to watch several times to make sure I was posting the award correctly. I know proper training is important when working with software, but it took longer to learn this software than we had planned upon.
October 4, 2018
Rebecca M.
Assistant Athletic Director
Sports, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“RenWeb”

OverallI enjoy using this software, but I would enjoy a short training lesson to learn how to access the website's other features that I am unaware of.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that I can easily access students' information when needed. I can also easily access each student's parent contact information which is very helpful.
ConsI don't have any negative comments for the software.
September 28, 2018
Mariam R.
Business Manager
Accounting, 11-50 employees
June 9, 2017

“I have been using FACTS for 5 years for tuition processing. It is very easy to use.”

OverallEase of use for tuition processing.
ProsIt is very easy to navigate through parent accounts, reports and grant processing. Customer service line is very responsive as well as the dedicated account representative.
ConsThere is no recourse if a parent walks away without paying. You cannot go after the parent if they shut down their account or card.
June 9, 2017
Sara H.
Director of Development
April 14, 2017

“Great customer service, intuitive use”

OverallWe have used Facts for tracking and accepting tuition payments for our small but growing school. I find it highly user friendly, and when I wasn't sure who to handle a particular issue, the customer service was a quick call away. I have found that the customer service alone makes this a great product for tuition management. This year we also used it for Financial Aid review and grant awards. I have found that the review process for our applying families was overly strenuous and not quite as quickly moving as I would have liked.
ProsIt is easy to set-up accounts, make changes to tuition plans and add in other charges. Excellent customer service.
ConsSlow process time for financial aid applications.

By FACTS Management on April 14, 2017
Sara, Thank you for taking the time to review our services! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you're enjoying our tuition management system. We will work to make your school's financial aid processing quicker next year!
April 14, 2017
August 23, 2019

“Great for Finance Departments!”

OverallOverall, would recommend.
ProsFACTS Grant and Aid Assessment is great in compiling and organizing data. Every year, we would make our financial aid application available and have families fill it out. Once the application was closed, FACTS compiled all the data and made recommendations. It was great.
ConsA majority of the people who filled out the application (families applying for aid) were able to do so without a problem. There was, however, a portion of people who couldn't figure it out and had issues. Just be mindful that you may receive phone calls!
August 23, 2019
Stephanie R.
Business Manager
February 27, 2018

“Customer support is very helpful. Some functions in program are cumbersome and frustrating.”

OverallOnline access to account and payments for our families. Tracks their payment plans so we don't have to.
ProsI like being able to take payments online or at the school and credit manually. I like that families can choose their own payment plan (per our setup).
ConsFamilies find it frustrating if they are not online a lot or don't pay bills online. Paper invoices often get lost in mail. Also, I don't like that late fees are not charged when the payment is late. All late fees are added at the end of the month, even if the person was late as of the 20th. This gets really confusing if the family pays after being late but prior to late fee addition.

By FACTS Management on March 2, 2018
Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for your feedback - we truly appreciate hearing your thoughts on our products. We may have a solution to address your comment about the timing of late fees. Your Account Manager will give you a call ASAP to discuss. Thank you again!
February 27, 2018
Jeffrey B.
IT Technician
Education Management, 201-500 employees
March 4, 2019

“Great compliment with Renweb”

ProsWe at our school love the fact that Facts is now integrated with Renweb. This allows for us to keep all of our student information in one "basket". The cafeteria cash register has completely allowed us to go cashless, which has been wonderful!
ConsKeeping up with all the charges and fees can be confusing for our families. We tend to get several calls weekly having to explain what the charges are for.
March 4, 2019
Paula A.
January 8, 2019

“Using FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment”

ProsWe love that we do not have to review families financials, that we depend on FACTS to review and make recommendations.
ConsFor the most part it us user friendly. We have run in to a few issues trying to find info or input our own info.
January 8, 2019
Heidi d.
Preschool Director
December 5, 2018

“Tuition Collection”

ProsI love having a software that takes care of the tuition collection. It's great for parents to be able to monitor their accounts online and make online payments. They can also set up auto payments.
ConsI don't like the automatic late fees that FACTS imposes. I'd rather have a date I could add them manually. I'd like the tax statements for parents to have a button to click instead of having to navigate through menus to find it. I think sometimes the emails to parents are not clear about what they owe and why.
December 5, 2018
Brian B.
May 11, 2018

“Essential solutions for tuition management plans”

OverallExtremely user-friendly for managing tuition payment plans.
ProsExtremely easy to setup, use, and navigate for the first-time end user. Customer support was very friendly and supportive.
ConsI have no complaints about this software. It is very powerful and works as designed. The company also adds new features as needed.

By FACTS Management on May 18, 2018
Brian, Thank you for taking the time to review our tuition management services. We're happy to hear you find the system easy to use. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you and your school!
May 11, 2018
Kimberly L.
Development Director
November 13, 2018

“FACTS”

OverallN/A
ProsLove that I can set up tuition payments for when I want it taken out of my account. Love the break downs as well.
ConsWhat I like least about the software. Um, I haven't found any problems yet.
November 13, 2018
Loren E.
Registrar
February 10, 2017

“this new user is impressed”

OverallMy school is new to using FACTS, but we have found it to be an amazing product. It is simple to evaluate a large number of financial aid requests, all on an equal basis. And we aren't even using all of the advanced features yet.

By FACTS Management on April 14, 2017
Loren, Thank you for taking the time to review our Grant & Aid Assessment service! We appreciate your feedback and hope the product continues to make life a little easier for you and your school.
February 10, 2017