TMetric Ratings

Overall
4.3/5

About TMetric

TMetric is a free and user-friendly online time tracker for freelancers and teams of any size. With TMetric you can: set budgets for your projects; set rates on any task, client, project or team member;invoice your clients; see your workday on a timeline; get detailed time and money reports, generate screenshots. TMetric integrates with almost anything including Asana, Basecamp, Bitbucket, Freshdesk, GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Redmine, Trello, Visual Studio Online, Wrike, Todoist, Zendesk Learn more about TMetric

Jonathan N.
Sr. System Engineer
August 19, 2019

“Easy to use and customize time tracking tool”

ProsThe relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.
ConsThe project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".
Tammi O.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“I NEED THIS... and LOVE it”

OverallI have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.
ProsI like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.
ConsI have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations
Marie J.
COO
August 22, 2019

“Great but missing features”

OverallTmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is "it doesn't do that" which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.
ProsSo I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn't track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn't do burn sheets so again I need another tool. As for tracking time it's just okay. It's great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don't know this one has because it's hidden until you want to do a different task and then you've lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want
ConsReliability and stability are the least favorite things
August 22, 2019
Charlotte N.
Writer, Editor, Social Media Manager
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great for freelancers! Works well.”

OverallOverall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.
ProsI love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.
ConsThe software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.
August 5, 2019

“Perfect Time Tracking Tool”

ProsOne of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!
ConsI honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.
Leon T.
Software Developer
Internet, Self-employed
August 19, 2019

“The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer”

ProsAs a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.
ConsThe app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.
Samantha G.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Time Tracking Made Easy ”

OverallWe needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.
ProsI liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.
ConsWhat I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.
Joshua E.
Website Developer / IT Support Officier
Education Management, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2017

“The only time keeping software I'll ever use!”

OverallWhen I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time. I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day? The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times. After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience. Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing. I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.
ProsSegmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.
ConsStarting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat software!
Samuel S.
Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 5, 2019

“Best timetracker I've found”

OverallMy time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.
ProsApp provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.
ConsIt could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.
Vinicius A.
Designer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Fundamental”

OverallIt's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.
ProsThe product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don't need to edit all stuff, it knows where I'm am and what a I'm doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.
ConsToo much grey in the UI (but I'm a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).
Elizabeth J.
Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 5, 2019

“Simple, easy, effective ”

OverallTmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.
ProsI have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.
ConsHonestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.
Ben D.
QA Tester
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees

“Data is power”

OverallTMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was. Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead. The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master. Improvements: I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.
ProsTime logging Reporting Group subsets of tasks Finding work churns Truly understanding resource allocation
ConsCould better predict a user's day to day tasks Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...
Xander W.
UX Engineer
February 7, 2017

“Time tracking essentials without the bloat”

OverallAfter another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep. The core interactions required for a time tracking app are all very polished and unlike the competitor products. I personally really like the timeline and seeing my logged work hours and breaks so visually. It's also really intuitive to add breaks or worklog items after the fact. Integrations with common project management software are plentiful and the one I used so far works seamless ly (GitLab). The only shortcomings are in the billing rate options, these are still very basic so having multiple different rates depending on task type etc is not possible yet (as far as I know). However, Devart has a support portal where they are reasonably active and you can request features there.
ProsVery simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks
ConsBilling rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)
Recommendations to other buyersIt's free! :)
Daniel L.
CCO
Computer Games, 1-10 employees

“Perfect for a Startup”

OverallI've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.
ProsSimple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.
ConsIn my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease keep this service free/mostly-free for early, bootstrapping startups. There aren't many others out there that have allowed me to keep track of time for so long for free. In these early days all I need is to track time, and if we find investors/money I'd be much more likely to purchase pro-features in this system that we already rely on.
Phillip L.
Co-Founder
Media Production, Self-employed
August 19, 2019

“Worth it and it's seamless.”

OverallExtremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.
ProsI love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.
ConsIt's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.
Biotechnology, Self-employed
August 5, 2019

“Easy to use, minimalist time tracking software”

OverallNote: using free version, manually reporting time from TMetric to clients and manually putting time from TMetric into invoicing
ProsClean organized and minimalist design. Easy to start and stop timers Easy to edit timers Notifies you if a timer ran overnight and asks you to correct it You can customize your projects and labels You can easily see time spent on projects using any timescale you want (weeks, months, days, year) Quick and responsive UI I know it integrates with Quickbooks but have not used it yet You can track time by when you worked on it, not just by how much time you worked on it in a day.
ConsSince a recent update, the Firefox add-in no longer works so I have to use Tmetric in a window Installed desktop app is not as nice as the web-version (items not organized alphabetically)
Darren L.
Accountant
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“GREAT Timekeeping tool”

ProsSimple design Tracking Detailed report is very useful
ConsIt crashes sometimes. It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.
Brandon Z.
Web Designer
February 11, 2017

“Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App”

OverallMy favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day. This lets me easily see: - How much I've been working on a task during the day - How much time I've logged for the day - By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was. I've used several other time tracking services, and none of them made it this easy to cover those basic features. -- Pros: - Great day overview graphic. - Easily see how long breaks where. - Free for up to 5 users! Cons: - The UI isn't the most intuitive. Once you understand how things work, it's easy. - Desktop app is for Windows only, so I can't take advantage of their automatic tracking. - Reports don't generate any graphics, just line items with hours. Currently the reports tell you things like "You spent 40 hours on this project", but I don't see a way to see a graphic that would tell me when I worked those 40 hours. -- Overall, this a great tool for time tracking. My one piece of advice if you're thinking of trying TMetric: Commit to trying this for a week. You need to push past the initial setup and slight learning curve to enjoy how easy TMetric is to use.
ProsThe thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.
ConsThe reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.
February 11, 2017
Renelene Jay C.
Lead Generation Specialist/Digital Marketer
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool”

OverallI initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports. It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client. At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!
ProsWhat I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown-will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole. Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.
ConsSo far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.
Stacy M.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

“Long time user”

OverallI like using Tmetric. It's easy to track my employees. the tech support is pretty responsive.
ProsI like that I can easily pull up information on a certain project, a certain time frame, a certain user, or a certain client. I can get an overview of what projects are active and how much I can expect to invoice.
ConsIt's not always intuitive, there is a bit of learning curve. And there is no dashboard! I wish there was a dashboard that gives an overview of all the projects and users.
Attila N.
Senior engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
August 5, 2019

“Helped me to spend less time on accounting”

OverallI have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.
ProsThe best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync. I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that). Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans. But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.
ConsIt would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).
Pablo L.
SysAdmin
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 5, 2019

“A perfect tool for track my daily task”

OverallI had used tools like this in my desktop enviroment for years but I lost time every day writing the name of the task, project etc.. Since I use tmetric I can focus in my work without afraid of lossing my time because i didnt write.
ProsThe most important thing for me is that you have not to write anything. There is a perfect integration between tools like redmine, github, google anf tmetric. So you don't need to do anything, just click on "start time" and the program do everithing.
ConsNothing. I think this is a perfect tool for mine.
Robin V.
System Engineer
February 7, 2017

“One of the best time trackers available”

OverallTime tracking is hard, I've used 2-3 other time tracking apps on a daily basis for a couple of months and the only piece of software that really nailed the core functionality for me was TMetric. The interface is put simply, a pleasure to work with. On top of that, I don't even use the main interface that much, because the Chrome Extension integrates neatly with almost every (webdev) project management tool we've used (Github, Gitlab, JIRA, ..) The only thing that would be a nice to have(having used Harvest as well), is billing rates per tag or task categories. We bill certain types of tasks within a project differently to our customers and creating a project per type of task for every customer seems like an akward way of achieving this. I know a few companies that would switch to TMetric instantly if this feature was available. Overall I love TMetric and it's simplicity!
Pros- Lightweight interface - Simplicity
Cons- No per task type / category / tag billing rates
Recommendations to other buyersAdd the ability to setup billing per project / per tag would be awesome.
Marijan G.
Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Perfect tracking solution”

OverallI had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app. Everytime I submitted and tried to contact the support they were friendly and patched things up real quick- Even though I was a free user. I wouldn't trade this app for the world!
ProsThere is a lot that TMetric has to offer but for me two things stand out: 1. The ability to track time: you have various plugins (desktop,in browser) or you can just go to your in app and track tiime. Also it even easier to track time with various tools: asana, jira,trello etc. It adds a task name also so you don't have to bother with that 2. Reporting: The reports are great. When I send my clients the reports on the end of the month they are very pleased. also it is great overview to monitor your self progress.
ConsThe when having subtasks on Trello it would be usefull to get the names of the parent task as well as the subtask
Daniel L.
Landscape Designer I
Design, 501-1000 employees
August 5, 2019

“Indispensable Tool for Intuitive Time Tracking”

ProsIt's extremely easy to use. It also behaves in intuitive ways, like adding breaks which, by default, automatically end at the time you press the button.
ConsI don't use all the bells and whistles, and the pro version may be leas affordable for teams which are small and still trying to get funding, but it's nonetheless a great product. The staff also works with you to extend trials in extenuating circumstances. They're great people.
Ali N.
CTO
August 5, 2019

“I always choose TMetric for any new team or project setup for years”

OverallWe are tracking time of developers and reviewing their work according to TMetric data and it really helps us to manage our team and product development. Also TMetric is part of our KPI calculation.
ProsIt' easy to use - the UI/UX is so intuitive. Last months it even became more available thanks to multi account support.
ConsSometimes it has shutdowns. Sometimes it happened during really important period of time, where I needed it the most.
MARCUS B.
System analyst
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2017

“Very nice tool to control you time on projects”

OverallI searched a lot of time and tested various project management tools and ended up adopting Tmetric. It was the most complete tool I found and still has integration with several development ideals like visual studio online. In addition to having a great range of free use, it helps a lot to small teams that have no budget for paid tools.
ProsGood integration with third-party tools. Time Value Calculation Resource.
ConsIntegration with third-party systems can not tell the project when I start a task. This causes me to have a job getting back on the site, editing the task and informing the project.
Recommendations to other buyersMaybe an API in which I can query time value information so I can integrate into my system.
Borja G.
Software developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 5, 2019

“A good option to consider”

OverallI've been using this tool since I join my company to log what I do and where I spend my time. It's very easy to use, and the reports are very useful. The only problems I've had are described in the Cons section, so a good app in general.
Pros* Easy to use * Excellent free tier. * Can filter tasks by project, client, dates, tags, ...
Cons* Sometimes it loses connection to the server and you're unable to start/stop tasks. * Hard (impossible?) to fix recurrent tasks: if you reuse a task but you didn't apply correct project/tags the first time, you'll need to set it every time you select it again
Ana M.
Digital Coach
Education Management, Self-employed

“Time is money”

Pros* Keeping track of my time lets me know how much to charge my clients * Easy integration to all the software tools I use. * Intuitive interface * Frequent updates * Easy reporting * Full features in the free version
ConsAll features of the program are easy to learn. There is no cons I can detect from it.
Caue A.
Developer
February 21, 2017

“A Nonsense User's Experience”

OverallWell, I've been using TMetric for a while now with the team I work with and there area some things I really unlike. Let's talk about performance: why every single time I click on a task to edit it takes a while? It's not fast, and it should be. Your support is not as friendly as I imagined. After a TMetric's update, I found a bug and opened an issue as fast as I could for you guys, and I really was expecting a more friendly feedback. And about updates: please, be careful with deploys in production. You can test your software in modules. Until that bug I said before was fixed, I got some troubles here because of that. I think that's it. Thank you guys, your work is amazing. Cheers.
ProsKISS: Keep It Simples Stupid. And that's it, simple things are better.
ConsNot so fast, not so pretty.
Recommendations to other buyersCareful on deploys.
Vinod J.
Database Administrator / Software Developer
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 7, 2017

“Great Timekeeping Software with no footprint”

OverallExcellent time keeping software allows to keep track of my hours on the current task and i can give my boss more accurate numbers about how long it takes to develop a program or whatever task that I am working on.
Prosweb based no need to install software on the pc can track from anywhere after logging in. Ability to run and generate reports
Consso far there is nothing that I can complain Would like to be able to send an email into a bot to capture time if needed.
Recommendations to other buyersNo

By Devart on February 10, 2017
Please confirm your email so the review appeared on Capterra. Thanks for sharing your experience with TMetric.
Nathalie C.
Owner/Operator
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Highly Recommend”

ProsPerfect solution for all companies in any industry. Easy to implement and manage. Easy access for employees.
ConsPrice is an issue especially since Quickbooks took it over. Should be included with Quickbooks and possibly kept as a stand alone price for individuals without QBO.
Sergey B.
Program Development, Self-employed
August 5, 2019

“Best application for life!”

Overallonly the best experience
ProsI use this application every day, it saves a lot of time in evaluating working hours. 1. It is very easy to get a report. 2. You always feel the time. 3. Focuses on work.
ConsDid not find such. This is truly the best app I've ever met in my life. I recommended!
Ovidiu F.
Development Manager
August 5, 2019

“Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time”

ProsTMetric integrates very well with all tools that we use (email, jira, bitbucket, trello, etc). It is the best choice regarding tracking tasks coming from customers on concurrent channels and aggregate them into a single invoice for the customer. It has also idle detection and open end timer detection which is very helpful for us. Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time and we pay freelancers always in time. Which is a great plus!
ConsI would like to have better XML/CSV/JSON export for the invoices and reports. Have in mind that not everyone is using QuickBooks.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2019

“A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency”

OverallI've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX. The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?
ProsI like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do. I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.
ConsIt often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time. The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM! The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately. It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?
April 26, 2019
Roman K.
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2017

“Experience using Tmetric in small Web-studio”

OverallHello! My name is Roman, I'm the CEO of small web-studio in Moscow, Russia. Tmetric is the best way to track how much time and money we spend on project. It is integrated with Trello, so in my weekly reports I can see what type of project took more or less time. Also it is helpful for my employees to get paid for working hours. I see work in T-metric - I pay :) Tmetric is nice, helpful and free tool for business!
ProsDetailed reports for every employee with cost for me.
ConsMobile version maybe
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be great to have Russian localization for this software :)
karan v.
Senior Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
December 6, 2018

“Acts as a great link”

OverallIt keeps us organised and we can keep track of small things like how much time is spent on current project. On the basis of same we were able to analyze how we can enhance our productivity.
ProsIt is a great link between the time I spent and the reports generated for the same. It has Trello plug-in and the billing estimates are perfectly made for us. It has great integration with third party applications. Everyone loves the ease of use it provides. The autocomplete feature is also good in Tmetrics.
ConsThe wrong learnings by autocomplete are not helpful. The merging of tasks into single task can be better.
December 6, 2018
Volodymyr B.
Marketing Content Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2018

“Well-made Time Tracker”

OverallTMetric is good barebones time tracker for those who just need to have this little fleeting thing under control. It is good for those who only getting into the whole time tracking thing.
ProsOf all the time trackers i have used - this one is more comfortable than the rest. Its greatest advantage is simplicity. You just make a couple of click and huzzah - the clock is ticking. It was very helpful in understanding how much time it takes for me to complete certain type of tasks and subsequently better plan my working day.
ConsReporting is skeletal. If you want to go in detail about the stuff - you will need something else.
September 3, 2018
Ada R.
Helpdesk
May 25, 2018

“Simple time tracking”

OverallTimetracking in our company.
ProsWe implemented it in small consulting company. Now we know which projects and tasks were profitable :-) Integration with trello is a killer.
ConsWe have some difficulties using the website app. We would prefer to install a desktop application.
May 25, 2018
Evaldas M.
Partner, architect
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2017

“Very good and easy to use. Low cost”

OverallLow cost per user in market. Free for teams up to 5 members. Very simple and easy to use. No unnecessary features. But a few features missing - sync with iCal and Google Calendar; add future events. I believe that these features will be in the future. Another small note about time tracking on the PC - requires that the regular user can not disable the time tracking and needs simpler tasks of adding like on chrome extensnion. In summary, a very good.
ProsSimple and easy to use. No unnecessary features. Low cost. Free for teams up to members
ConsA few features missing - sync with iCal and Google Calendar; add future events. I believe that these features will be in the future. Another small note about time tracking on the PC - requires that the user can not disable the regular time tracking and needs simpler tasks of adding, like on chrome extensnion
Recommendations to other buyersIn summary, very good app

By Devart on March 2, 2017
Hi Evaldas, we want to discuss your feature request about sync with iCal and Google Calendar and adding future events. Please contact our representative Denis Yanov through email denisy@tmetric.com with an email subject "Feature request from Capterra"
Lucas V.
Analista Sr.
Banking, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“I really like it”

OverallIt give me an incredible hours reports for my team weekly meetings.
ProsI can sincronize it with Asana, its perfect!
ConsI need time to select what I am doing. I think many task could automatize in some way.
Alexander M.
February 21, 2017

“TMetric as Asana add-on”

OverallI use TMetric as a timekeeping method in Asana. I do this by using chrome with tmetric's extention, when I start chrome up it opens Asana, Tmetric and my cloud drive. It is the first time timekeeping software actually seems to work for me. It's simple and effective. The relative low amount of features (that I use and actually see) is a plus for me. The goal is to keep time on my projects and tasks. Editing is also pretty easy. Adding new tasks that I have done in the past is easy on the same day, but a few more steps on different day. That could use some improvement.
ProsSimplicity
ConsAdding things I've done a day earlier.
Recommendations to other buyersMake it easier to add a tast on yesterday (less clicks, less thinking please).
isabel R.
MD

“Happy TMetric user”

OverallVery satisfied with the product
ProsUser friendly and easy to use on a daily basis
Conscan't move something, easily from one day to another when added something in on the wrong date have to delete and retype or copy and paste.
Ellen G.
President (title)
January 17, 2018

“Helpful tool for a small business owner”

ProsIt helps me keep track of how much time I'm allocating to each client. It helps maintain strong time management skills across multiple projects and makes billing easier.
ConsI wish it was easier to update the tasks (prompted every 30 minutes) without having to stop tracking and then starting tracking again. It should be easier to just edit the task/project per client/project.
January 17, 2018
Audrey I.
Owner, Virtual Assistant Manager
Self-employed
February 27, 2017

“Excited about TMetric!”

OverallTMetric is FANTASTIC! This software has solved a lot of problems for our company. Our Virtual Assistant team uses this product to keep track of every task we take on. While we no longer bill our clients hourly, we still feel it's important to know what's going on internally. Thanks to TMetric, we can do just that!
ProsBrowser extension that works seamlessly with Asana workflow manager. You just can't get any better than that!
ConsWould love to be able to select a day for adding time manually all in one place. Perhaps you could add a dropdown calendar from the "add time manually" button?
Recommendations to other buyersNope. Just THANK YOU, for making it awesome.
February 27, 2017
Wikus O.
Creative Graphic Designer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 employees
August 19, 2019

“Great for time management”

ProsIt's easy to use and set up projects. It helps me manage my time efficiently without being "in the way".
ConsThere's nothing I dislike about the software. It works well overall.
Krzysztof B.
Senior Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Time management Improver”

OverallTmetric changed mmy time management completly. We are using Ticket software with time management but with tmetric i just retype values to that system. Earlier there were many situations when forgot to write down what i was doing, with tmetric i can easily check it.
Pros- easy to use - powerfull - reports - time tracking
ConsWindows app could be a little bit more customizable, App likes to hide its window while i would like it not to. Sencond thing is problems with Multi monitor setup when we detach thje second display the app sometimes wont show up until restarted.
Edward R.
proyect leader
May 8, 2017

“My experience has been very satisfactory with its reports and control of time spended in my projects”

ProsI like and enjoy the reports because are very detailed, for example I can see the statistics of my partners when we worked in many subtask of a big activity and I can know when we spend longer than estimated.
ConsWell I think that isn't easy the installation, it can be more simply, for now it's the only thing that i see with this software.
May 8, 2017
Maria N.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2017

“Best value for money.”

OverallAs an outsourcing company with a growing team at Intellabridge.com we needed flexibility and low cost with integration into Jira and Trello. Tmetric was the obvious solution. Because of the ease of use and ability to add browser extensions for Jira and Trello it makes it much easier to track time and invoice clients. I would highly recommend this product!
ProsIntegration with Jira and Trello. Easy to use, set up teams in minutes. Time tracking made very easy!
ConsI couldn't find an app for iPhone.
Recommendations to other buyersIt would be great to have a simple invoicing feature to be able to send invoices to clients with the click of a button.
February 22, 2017
Jesse E.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

“Solid Service”

OverallWe have been using TMetrics now for almost half a year and its been a solid service to use in our business. We area able to help track team members hours and see how they are progressing. Some areas of improvement would be having Admins the same ability to start and stop times in a team. Not very mobile friendly mainly for desktop use or iPad. If your a start up or starting out then a great service to kick off with
ProsLike the 8 hour green red function on the summary reports
Consnot mobile friendly making it hard to use on the job
Recommendations to other buyersKeep working on the functionality on it as we all want to have it continue to improve