Whip Around Ratings

Overall

About Whip Around

Transform your paper-based vehicle inspection reports into mobile-friendly forms. Have your drivers conduct their daily vehicle inspection reports (DVIR) on their smartphones via a mobile app. Control what vehicles are inspected. Add photos and comments. Automate time, date and GPS stamping. Generate work orders when faults are flagged. View analytics and leader-boards to ensure your business is compliant and efficient. Learn more about Whip Around

Scott S.
Operation's Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Great product”

OverallWe are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.
ProsThe ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.
ConsHave not really found a con as of yet...

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.
Internet, 201-500 employees

“Whip Around ”

OverallWhip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.
ProsI like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.
ConsI would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!
Joe C.
Safety and Training Manager
May 20, 2019

“Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff”

OverallOverall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.
ProsI am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It's very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.
ConsThe only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.
Dan W.
Dispatching Coordinator
March 29, 2019

“People actually helping people -”

OverallMy interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and a real person will be with you within a couple minutes); when I call I get to talk to someone; when I email I actually get a response - they even follow-up with appropriate calls and emails. Super great group to work with. The software has been easy to implement (given proper time to create the forms) and the way we were able to create and customize these forms has sped up the drivers times on completing pre-trip inspections, reduced the number of faults missed, and decreased our maintenance turn-around so that our vehicles are kept road-ready more often. Implementing and using Whip Around has been a very positive experience for us.
ProsI would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).
ConsThere is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

By Whip Around on April 2, 2019
Hi Dan! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!
March 29, 2019
George L.
Fleet manager/lead mechanic
August 7, 2019

“Pleasantly surprised”

Overallwe started using the app immediately and as a result breakdowns and roadcalls are down 40% from the previous 6 month period. repairs are scheduledmore efficiently reducing down time and I don't have massive bundles of DVIR slips to sift through or store
ProsI can set reminders to go off on the drivers phones until they have completed their daily inspections, I can go back through the inspections to see who is doing them and who isn't, the app gives me a leader board so I can recognize the drivers that are following new protocols as requested
Consin order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units

By Whip Around on August 8, 2019
Hi George! Thank you for leaving us this feedback! I wanted to reach out and let you know that as an Admin on the account, you are able to add new drivers and equipment. Also, the forms are customizable and you can add all of the reports you would like! We offer a daily webinar training that covers all of this, so feel free to give us a call to get registered for one!
August 7, 2019
Johnnie H.
Operations Department Head
May 20, 2019

“Pre and Post Trip Reports”

OverallWe just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.
ProsWe use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.
ConsOur company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.
Ryne J.
February 19, 2019

“Best D-DVIR Software”

OverallWhip Around has allowed us to go paperless with our DVIRs. The ease of use by the PVOs combine with the dashboard and fault reporting has allowed our company to act quicker to faults than ever before. The program has been good so far and we look forward to future features that will release.
ProsThis software does exactly what it says, it digitalizes the DVIRs required by the DOT. It also helps track vehicle faults, allowing our Operations Team to stay in the know and react appropriately at all times.
ConsThe one feature that needs to be implemented is a much more robust "reminder" feature. Right now you can only set reminders with a very limited control over when and how these reminders would be sent. It would be amazing to allow admin to set up reminders for specific forms and on specific days to specific PVOs. EX. send a pre-trip reminder to all employees on Monday - Friday at 7am.

By Whip Around on February 20, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Ryne! I just sent you an email addressing the updates we released for our Reminders Feature. You now have the ability to set regular inspection reminders, missed inspection reminders, and more! Let us know if you have any questions!
February 19, 2019
Mike M.
Asset Manager
Construction, 201-500 employees
May 20, 2019

“Best Inspection APP out there”

Overallwhip around is always moving forward and there to tell me about new updates and stuff. cant understand how the could have such great pricing.
Proswith a large construction company there are a lot of moving parts and vehicle maintenance needs to be maintained. I have 24 Utility trucks and 2 peterbuilts and this app based program really helps. what first attracted me to it is how simple it looked for my field techs, my thoughts where not only the money to start a program but all the training that would have to take place but this app is so easy there was hardly any training at all. the back office features are great too, I can control almost anything and if I need help support is just a chat away. I highly recommend for any size fleet.
ConsI would like to see whip around spread to other sectors of fleet management like ELD systems and GPS programs so I can have it all under one program.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Mike! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of Whip Around. We have a lot of great new features coming out so stay tuned!
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

“Whip Around Review”

OverallSo far, our overall experience with Whip Around has been fantastic! The initial account set up was very easy, and they made sure our specific needs and questions were handled right then and there. Our Account Manager actually visited our location to give the "kick-off" training to our drivers, as well as to our Service Managers and Admin. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and super helpful when answering questions. She really wanted to learn about our business, which was refreshing, and has consistently checked in to make sure everything is going well. Our drivers were a bit reluctant, as they weren't too excited about learning yet another system, and having to do something different than that of which they were used too, but the feedback we've gotten from all of them so far is that they love the Whip Around app., and wish we would have gotten it years ago! Our drivers are actually asking a lot of DOT/maintenance questions now, and that is exactly what we were hoping would happen! We like the software so much, that we're also going to utilize the system for our forklift inspections. Our Service Managers are loving the ease of the "dashboard", and are finding it much easier to keep tabs on not only maintenance, but making sure the drivers are conducting pre and post trip inspections as needed.
ProsThe ease of the app. for our drivers, as well as the ease of the admin portal. I added the Spanish version pre & post trip inspection form for a certain vehicle, and it was so simple. I have also added a few additional vehicles, and have had to do a few other things on the admin side, such as adding a "notes" box, etc.. Everything is pretty self explanatory, and it's great to know there is always support available if needed.
ConsReally nothing that I can think of .... we haven't even gotten any internal complaints from our drivers, so that speaks volumes!!!!

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Thank you so much for the amazing review. We appreciate your support!
Corinna C.
Dispatch
Warehousing, 1-10 employees

“Happy Review”

OverallSo happy I learn of whip around it has saved me so much desk space by not having everyday paperwork sitting to be signed off or waiting for work to be done. I up load the issue and what equipment needs worked on and send email to our mechanic he then signs off with his statement when done that SIMPLE.
ProsHow easy it is to review all faults or non faults,I can follow every piece of equipment in now time,or if an employee isn't signing in,great tracking .
Conswell I'm a slow learner, it took me a couple of trial's and with the help of support i got a lot figured out!!! do i have it all figured out no but as i move forward i feel confident or i call support.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Thanks for the review. It's great that Whip Around is helping you out so much!
Ryan M.
Maintenance Engineer
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees

“Overall Very good”

OverallUsing this type of software reduces the chance of missing potential issues with equipment and has reduced the downtime as faults are reported sooner. Auditors in my experience have been overall impressed with the system and prefer this over searching through filing cabinets.
ProsEase of use, modern web interface with good tablet support etc. Ideal for streamlining and keeping on top of daily checks with customisation of templates as you go. Reporting of faults is made efficient with ability to upload images etc Ability to set reminders with email alerts and good customer support when needed. Improvements get made on the fly showing ongoing development of the software is still active.
ConsWould like to see the option to add templates that are user restricted to allow service templates to be created for maintenance staff. At the moment I cant see how to do this, perhaps its something they are working to implement with a future update ?
Andrew H.
Sr Operations Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2019

“review for vehicle inspections”

Overallwe tried out several vehicle inspection apps, some were great however not budget friendly. whiparound meet both our needs of being functional and budget friendly.
Proseasy to customize, easy to use for back end users and users
Conshard to find in app sort for users.

Thanks for the review!
May 31, 2019
Shelly T.
Office Admin/Dispatcher/Payroll
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

“Whip Around Review”

OverallWe are a trucking company that does not have an onsite mechanic. This enables our drivers to communicate daily if there are any issues with their trucks or if they need supplies for their trucks. We are able to keep track of current mileages on trucks this way also so that we are able to track when a service needs performed, which frees up a lot of my time having to make a visual on each truck to record mileage. With the feature of drivers being able to upload pictures, I can send that on to the mechanic so they are able to put an eye on what the driver is reporting. The ease of use has given our drivers a tool that they can use and it is a time saver for management.
ProsTruck drivers are easily able to use it without much instruction. It is easy to change truck numbers in the system. It is very comprehensive. Drivers are able to upload pictures and comments easily.
ConsSometimes when there are updates to the software, drivers have to uninstall and reinstall the software.
Jordan F.
Officer Administator
October 12, 2018

“We love WhipAround!”

OverallWhipAround has been a great tool for us to stay in compliance, track team behaviors, and keep records. We highly recommend.
ProsWhipAround allows us to keep an electronic log of complete pre and post-trip inspections and have our teams complete these inspections easily.
ConsWe are not able to set up a report that automatically advises when drivers do not complete inspections. We understand that this may we require API integration, but we believe it would allow us to identify and improve our own compliance issues much more efficiently.

By Whip Around on January 16, 2019
Hi Jordan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! Thank you for your words regarding the driver inspection reminders. This is something we are planning to integrate at some point.
October 12, 2018
kevin w.
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Whip around review”

OverallWe are very happy with the program
ProsEasy to use, much better than paper, the dashboard is user-friendly, most importantly the system allows you to customize your forms giving you the data you want and eliminating the data you don't need, excellent program
ConsMy only issue with the software was my initial contact with the salesperson, he told me about a special offer that was much less expensive than the actual program cost, when I signed up for the program they knew who this person was and were upset that he made this offer, they were also unwilling to grant it to me. This was very frustrating but I like the program so much I signed up anyway

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Richard! Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your early experience. Glad that the software is meeting your needs and that you are very happy with the program! We look forward to a long term partnership.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Great mobility tool”

OverallThe product is backed by a friendly and helpful team makes for winning combination.
ProsSo very easy to setup and use. Having the ability to monitor and oversee the entire fleet at once is a great benefit to the company. Drivers find the process really easy and not laborious at all. The maintenance crew are able to respond to faults as they are reported. Creating, editing and changing forms is a breeze.
ConsThe fact that it is not currently linked directly to any of the existing fleet management and servicing software.

By Whip Around on March 16, 2019
Thanks for reviewing Whip Around. We have some good news for you. We have 9 integrations planned this year and 3 are about to launch next month. If you would like more details please contact support.
Rick S.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self-employed
September 12, 2018

“Second Time User and Works Just as Well!”

OverallI appreciate the automation of the data being collected.
ProsWhip Around is simple and powerful. I'm a small owner/operator and this is a great tool for keeping track of mileage, as well as details that DOT might want to see. I implemented this for a previous employer and have continued to use and enjoy it as a owner/operator. Thanks rep and crew!
ConsOccasionally the software hangs, but I find this is often the mobile device and not the software itself.

By Whip Around on January 16, 2019
Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! You are right, in the world of software and applications, occasionally there are hiccups, but so happy to hear you enjoy our product! Best,
September 12, 2018
Chris I.
Delivery Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
April 26, 2019

“Easy to navigate and keep my finger on the pulse of my fleet”

OverallKeep a keen eye on the fleet overall and vehicle conditions. Used to track it with paper inspections and created a lot of waste paper and inconsistent pre & post trip inspections
ProsEasy to check driver inspections and investigate into faults. Can keep my team of drivers of accountable for our fleet and love the ability to look at a van's history with a few keystrokes
ConsI would like a feature where I could pull weekly mileage from all vehicles. For example, the "milage" field auto-populates a weekly form to track mileage where the end of the week I could easily get the mileage sum for the week for the fleet. This is something I do manually now with each unit in the fleet and would save me about an hour a week

By Whip Around on April 30, 2019
Hi Chris! Thanks for you feedback! I will be sure to send your mileage suggestion over to our developers to consideration. Thanks for your business!
April 26, 2019
Dylan B.
July 31, 2019

“Whip Around Provides an Effective and Intuitive Solution to Fleet Maintenance ”

OverallIn the first week of implementation a driver using Whip Around found a nail in his sidewall that could have caused a flat on the road or worse. Instead he was able to get a warranty replacement tire for less than $30 and was on the road without delaying his schedule.
ProsThe ease of use on both the back and front end of Whip Around has made it a breeze to implement and our drivers have had no trouble getting used to it. Customer service has been excellent.
ConsAt times the persistence of the team at Whip Around wanting to help was a bit grating, but in the end it was appreciated and contributed to our timely implementation.
July 31, 2019
Pat K.
General Manager
July 5, 2019

“Ease to a busy environment”

ProsIn our day to day operations we have numerous people driving the same vehicle, keeping up with damage and missing inventory items - whip around asked the standard questions to every user giving us continuity with every inspection
ConsNothing - it has made our business operate much better
July 5, 2019
Brent M.
Automotive, 11-50 employees
May 20, 2019

“Answer to our growing problem”

OverallI love everything about this App. From the initial, and ongoing customer service, to all of the inspection problems this solved for our company.
ProsEase of use App can be tailored to my specific business Snapshot tracking of who is performing required inspections Vehicle specific tracking
ConsVery little I don't like but if I have to get nit picky, paying for groups of vehicles instead of per vehicle. If I only have 16 vehicles I don't want to have to pay for 15-20.

Thanks for the review!
Morgan F.
Dispatch Manager
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
May 20, 2019

“Very happy with Whip Around!”

OverallOverall we are happy wit our service.
ProsThe simple steps to complete an inspection is so convenient and easy to train new employees.
ConsWhen multiple faults are listed on an inspection each fault is recorded separately on the faults page. Reporting for our in house DOT audit is difficult. We run a CSV for all faults and add the Work Order from there. It would be nice to have an option to fill in a field for work order on a fault that will generate a separate column on the CSV files.

By Whip Around on May 27, 2019
Hey Morgan! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Whip Around and provide us with great feedback. Great news! We are currently working on a premium work order module where you'll be able to group faults and preventative maintenance (including mileage based reminders). Our product team are going to reach out to get your input into!
Stephen B.
September 10, 2019

“WHIP AROUND REVIEW”

OverallWhip Around is great because you can always reference back to a particular pre/post trip. It also helps to hold your employees accountable as well as letting them know that you are paying attention to things.
ProsThe software is extremely user friendly. Multiple managers have access which makes it nice so I don't always have to be the one who makes changes or edits things. Even when they make updates that improve the system, they are easy to adjust to.
ConsSometimes I feel like it is cluttered with too many charts and graphs and leaderboards. It's not necessarily a bad thing I just don't always have a need for them.
September 10, 2019
Crystal B.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Easy to use!”

OverallAble to keep a close eye on mileage, I'm made aware of problems much faster and pictures help so much, as well as a description. Has improved the overall care of my fleet vehicles.
ProsI like how easy this software is to use and to tweak. Completely customizable.
ConsToo many errors. When I run my reports, mileage is missing although it was input. Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Crystal, Thanks for taking the time to review us. The errors and missing mileage is something we are going to get in touch with you about and see if we can get a permanent fix done for you. We really appreciate you letting us know about this and remember, if you need any support we offer this to you 24/7 via online chat and phone.
Bill P.
Director of Transportation
April 1, 2019

“NO MORE PAPER! ”

OverallThe main benefit is that we are finding is that because of how quick and easy it is for the drivers to use the app we are finding that they are writing up more things and we are able to spot problems sooner. This allows us to save time on larger repairs down the road.
ProsThe ability to give our drivers the tools needed to report any problems they have with the equipment. It no longer takes a day for the Maintenance dept to get the paper DVIR's its instant. Once the driver submits it on the app it goes directly over, its that easy! I cant tell you the time and money that we are saving with this system.
ConsNone to add.............................

By Whip Around on April 3, 2019
Hi Bill! Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear how well Whip Around is working for you and your drivers. We appreciate your business!
April 1, 2019
Amber R.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
March 22, 2019

“$450 ROI within the first WEEK!”

OverallI look forward to on boarding our entire fleet, and further reducing operational and maintenance costs. It's only been a week, but I can see the benefit clearly and highly recommend the software. It's such an affordable subscription - what do you have to lose?
ProsWith Whip Around, our Office Manager was able to get a heads up regarding upcoming repairs that needed to be made BEFORE it was too late. This resulted in some research and some strategic purchasing that is projected to save us at least $450/annually going forward. The customer service team is amazing! That little chat bot at the bottom of your home screen responds in real time, and is actually useful - they were able to put trucks that were out of service on hold within minutes of me asking.
ConsI wish it was more than just maintenance! The dashboard is modern and well designed, and I really wish we could do more with Whip Around than just maintenance related issues. Time to expand team ;)

By Whip Around on April 1, 2019
Hi Amber! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our software is saving your business money! Let's get together soon and talk more about what other features you are looking for!
March 22, 2019
Michael H.
January 28, 2019

“Great APP”

OverallI am really liking how Whip Around is efficient for my business. It is saving time and money for the company in the long run. So far I am happy and have referred Whip Around to 2 other companies that are using the service.
ProsI like how there is an option for pictures. As well as assigning my drivers to there own profile. Very convenient to print out any mechanical issues and assign to my mechanics for the day of work.
ConsThe system some times forgets to send emails when the drivers are done there inspection. Other than that is works well. So far.

By Whip Around on January 29, 2019
Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind feedback on our app! I am sorry to hear you have not received a few emails from your drivers. I am going to look into this. We have an awesome Referral Program, so keep em coming! Thank you for your business!
January 28, 2019
David P.
Fleet Administrator
September 19, 2019

“Whipe Around Pro”

Overallon My experience this program help me a lot, i'm allays aware for any issue or accidents on my units, when, drivers let me now when the units need oil change or any maintenance ....
ProsIs easy to report and have update every unit the maintenance, easy for my driver and support every possible issue
Consi like everything, is fast, easy to use including driver whit out technologies knowledge's, and this is very important for me
September 19, 2019
Rita S.
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
March 14, 2019

“Excellent DVIR app”

OverallThe app is easy for drivers and easy for me as the administrator; the Whip Around staff are wonderfully helpful; I've used other DVIR software that didn't come close to completing ALL the requirements for DVIRs - this one does.
ProsI like the fact that I get real time DVIRs and don't have to wait for paperwork to be turned in by driver; I also love the feature that allows me to email the mechanic and take care of the proof of repair, as well as allowing me to scan the repair invoice in on the inspection report. No more searching through piles of documents to find the repair invoice and date.
ConsSo far, I haven't found anything I don't like.

By Whip Around on March 22, 2019
Hi Rita! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! We appreciate your business!
March 14, 2019
Events Services, 11-50 employees
March 12, 2019

“Whip-Around helps Cut Repair times ”

OverallWe were an early adopter and have seen a lot of changes come down the pipe, they are still working to fill out some areas and Improve the experience even more. I can't wait to see what tools they release next for admins and drivers. Whip-around has helped our crew inspect better and shorten our time from fault detection to repair to about 7 working days.
ProsWe were able to make the inspection almost guided Around the vehicle so that our non CDL drivers that may never have Done a pretrip are able to have a list to check against. And know what to look for.
ConsTook a little bit to configure forms And vehicles and FMCSA Dot Pretrip was not a default selection. They will however create whatever inspection you desire if you email them a copy of the info.

By Whip Around on March 19, 2019
Thank you for your feedback!
Edgardo M.
Station Manager
June 7, 2018

“Great experience and full of knowledge. ”

OverallIt helps me to have all my maintenance fleet up to date.
ProsHaving the reports ready to export as PDF and share them with my team, it's the best part! Also, I would like to recommend if you can have a way to have each vehicle for separately.
ConsAs a fleet manager, I would like to be able to have each city or station per group in order to have all the reports separately.

By Whip Around on January 16, 2019
Hi Edgardo, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! The software does have the ability group each city or station by group. I will reach out to you via phone to explain. Thank you!
June 7, 2018
Adam P.
Mechanic
May 20, 2019

“Easy to use and great way to track maintenance”

OverallIf it helps me is mechanic to keep up with the maintenance and repairs on the trucks, it is also a good way to make sure the employees are doing a proper pre-trip.
ProsI like how easy it is for me to use as a mechanic and the also how easy it is for the drivers to use it, he gives us a very good ability to keep up with the maintenance requirements of the trucks.
ConsThe only thing that I have found a little frustrating is that some of the admin features are harder to use on a mobile device versus doing it on a desktop.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Adam! Thanks for the review. Appreciate it! Great news, we are currently working on the mobile app which will enable fleet managers to do the main tasks on it instead of having to use the web based dashboard. Keep an eye out for it!
Donnie M.
Safety Manager
Construction, 201-500 employees
April 16, 2019

“Ease of use”

ProsIt is very user friendly. It has made it so simple to submit reports while out on a jobsite. I can't express how much time is saved from taking photos then coming back and typing reports.
ConsThe only con is that you are unable to take screen shots. Sometimes operators are busy and can't show me their daily inspection even though I have it on my dashboard I can't take photo of it.

By Whip Around on June 20, 2019
Hi Donnie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for the possibility feedback. We really appreciate it. Taking a screenshot is not something that is part of a software package. What you can do is add a google chrome extension to your browser that will take a full page screen shot. Please contact us via the chat button if you'd like some help with this.
April 16, 2019
Adrian E.
DOT Compliance & Safety Manager
July 23, 2019

“Best Inspection software we have used!!”

OverallWhipAround has worked excellently. One of the biggest incentives to its continued use is the immense support we receive from the WhipAround team.
ProsWe love the ability to customize the inspection reports to fit our needs. Its ease of use that requires a minimal training session to learn how to use the application.
ConsOnly change we would like to see is a way to submit an annotated & backdated inspection, its rare occasions that its needed. With administrative approval prior to submission of backdated inspections.
July 23, 2019
Alex M.
Overnight Supervisor
May 24, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallThe whip Around app has helped us deal with onerous insurance company demands, allowing us to easily produce maintenance records they demand when trying to avoid paying out claims, also causes driver to be more vigilante in reporting wear and tear and damage to vehicles.
ProsApp is very easy to use and provides a lot of useful data with very little time and effort, ALL of our driver use it multiple times a day without complaint.
ConsHard to think of anything not to like, it does everything we need quickly and effectively.

Thanks for your review!
May 24, 2019
Leonel G.
Fleet Supervisor.
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

“Great tool!”

OverallThank you so much!
ProsWe have had this software from the beginning, in fact; We were the first customers of Whip Around !!! Amazing!!! We are very happy and satisfied with the service, we can better control our truck fleet and it is very easy to use. Thank you Whip Around Team!!
ConsHonestly; nothing. Our experience has been very good.
Mark B.
Route Supervisor
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

“Decreased downtime ”

OverallBecause we get the info so quickly we are able to order parts and have them waiting for when the driver gets in. This has reduced downtime and has increased driver satisfaction
ProsGets info to my mechanics instantly wit a picture of what's wrong. Most of the time they formulate a plan to repair the vehicle and then they are able to do the repair at the pump while the driver is fueling up.
ConsCould use a maintenance module that helped with scheduling services

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Joseph! Thank you for your feedback! Great news, we are currently working on a beefed up preventative maintenance add on which will address your request. Keep an eye out for it! Looking forward to a continued partnership with you guys!
Micheal O.
Owner / On Air Talent
December 10, 2018

“A Safe Fleet is a Good Fleet”

ProsThe access for my drivers rocks! Also the reporting gives me a quick look at any issues with my fleet.
ConsNo real cons to it. It is superb. I enjoy it and so do my drivers.

By Whip Around on January 16, 2019
Hi Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! So happy to hear you and your drivers have adapted to Whip Around! Best,
December 10, 2018
Brance B.
Tech Ops Support Specialist
October 11, 2019

“Great Product”

OverallThe customer support is outstanding, the setup is easy, the reports are super informational and everything's great.
ProsThe ease of set up, use and train ability. This product is easy for drivers of all ages can operate the application.
ConsThe option to do more than one pre trip inspection on the same vehicle in one day without an alert notification asking if you are sure you want to proceed because an inspection has already occurred earlier that day.
October 11, 2019
Beverly B.
Chief of Staff
August 22, 2019

“Whip Around Makes Pre-Trip Inspections a Breeze!”

OverallWe need to verify pre-trip inspections each time a driver takes a truck out. Whip Around easily solves this! The support/sales people at Whip Around are responsive and helpful.
ProsThis software is easy for the administrator to set-up and use. Our drivers use this app on a daily basis to record their pre-post trip inspections. They also alert us to any maintenance needs they may be having. It's reliable & responsive. We can group drivers by division and this helps us keep everyone organized.
ConsIt's very easy to use from an administration standpoint as well as for our drivers. There isn't anything I don't like about this platform.
August 22, 2019
Erik M.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

“Great DVIR app”

ProsThis app has let our drivers do their daily DVIR check and automatically notify our office and mechanics if there are any issues that need to be resolved (with pictures!)
ConsThere isn't much about the software that we dislike, but rather things that are lacking (at time of this review). Overall Whiparound has been pretty receptive with our input of suggestions and ideas, so anything on our short list of items to add will most likely be a future update.
Devynn F.
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“Helped siimplify our mess!”

OverallCouldn't be happier, we were able to make an unorganized broken system work over a two week period and it's only gotten better since then. Implementation was easy and our entire staff love being paperless, the administrative side is very pleased as well!
ProsUser friendly, on and off site! Easy to implement and a quick way to keep our vehicles in top shape and have accountability with our staff.
ConsIt is a little buggy sometimes but support always resolves any issues quickly!

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Thanks! We are glad you are enjoying the system!
May 14, 2019
Charlotte B.
April 15, 2019

“Excellent Service”

OverallGreat Service, I would highly recommended Whip Around to any business who run a fleet of vehicles no matter how small or big.
ProsEasy to use, great customer service. Quick response time for any questions or queries.
ConsOnly downside would be is that we pay by credit card for our monthly subscription and I have been unable to get a VAT invoice for this.

By Whip Around on April 17, 2019
Hi Charlotte, Thanks for your review. Really appreciate it. Being a software as a service product we do send out monthly invoices however because we are not operating in the UK, you are not required to pay VAT on the software service we provide. Please contact us if you are not receiving the invoice emailed and we can adjust who they are sent to and send previous ones over.
April 15, 2019
April T.
Terminal Manager

“Review”

OverallWe are a Heavy Haul company and this would be great if it was DOT certified
ProsThe ability for communication thru pictures and reports
ConsNothing - wish I new if it was DOT certified

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi April, Thanks for your feedback and yes it is DOT certified. The software meet all of the FMSCA DVIR requirements. Key features of this include: The driver being able to review the last inspection report and signing off on it prior to starting their next inspection. Mechanics Signature on corrected defects. Auto recording of time and dates, driver details, vehicle, location and carrier name. Exporting functionality to breeze through DOT audits. We strive to make sure our customers are kept compliant!
Yoree G.
General manager
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2019

“Great tool for a small company”

ProsThe main benefit is keeping older records online. You can have multiple users and multiple vehicles. Our staff likes it as it makes their inspection process in the morning a breeze.
ConsThere are some features missing. My staff sometimes finds it hard to switch between users. Would be great to make a mandatory log off at the end of the day.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Yoree! Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to message support with your ideas on missing features. We are always open to suggestions. We understand that a number of our customers use the same device across multiple drivers and are working on addressing this. Stay tuned!
ivan g.
warehouse supervisor
Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

“Visual Control”

OverallI am able to have full visibility of my fleet at any time. We are able to track mileage and damages by the way we have the forms set up. My overall all experience and opinion is excellence!
ProsI appreciate the ease of use! The support staff on hand is also very helpful.
ConsThe exporting function transfers more information than we need. I am sure it works just fine outside of our specific usage.

By Whip Around on June 7, 2019
Thanks for your review. We have just updated the export function to address this.
Jeff P.
Logistics and Supply Chain, Self-employed

“Whip Around ”

OverallWhip Around has given more power to our drivers to ensure that their trucks are in compliance with DOT regulations. The ease of the process has helped us reduce paper and process time to ensure items are fixed quickly.
ProsWhip Around has been a great product for our company, it has helped eliminate paper usage on pre and post checks and has continued to keep us in compliance.
ConsNo issues to report due to all applications working like they told us they would.
Jerimiah F.
Mechanic
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 11, 2019

“well rounded product”

Overallability to track mileage more accurately and on a daily basis as well as can get pictures of issues even when we have a language barrier helps to narrow down and reduce down time of trucks
Prosversatile can adjust to what we want looked at and update info fast great for speed of use and less time getting important info at the shop to make plans for repairs as needed
Consthe function when we wish to let drivers know we need something more on an inspection it informs managers but no way to inform drivers of a change or info update request other than askin them for inspections
June 11, 2019
Kirk P.
Automotive, 51-200 employees

“Whip Around ”

ProsThe ease of usage for the driver's and the ability to perform on there telephone.
ConsWould like the ability to email more than one person, such as our mechanic and myself, when there is a deficiency.

By Whip Around on May 22, 2019
Hi Kirk, thanks for your feedback. You can do this by setting your mechanic up as a user. You can also invite your mechanic in on individual faults. Please contact us through the online chat button (bottom right) and we will help you get this set up!
Miranda F.
Human Resources

“Whip Around Review”

OverallExceptional. Very user friendly.
ProsLove the new feature of being able to send reminders out to the drivers if/when they forget to do an inspection and/or remind them of a task that needs to be performed on a regular basis. The system is very easy to use/navigate and can easily monitor the dashboard to see how many inspections are being performed and if there are faults you can click right from the dashboard to view.
ConsAt the present time i do not have any complaints regarding Whip Around

By Whip Around on May 27, 2019
Thanks for the review Mirada! Glad it's working well for you.