Yapp Ratings

Overall
4.9/5

About Yapp

Easiest and most affordable way create mobile apps for events, conferences, meetings, teams or groups. You can create apps in minutes and publish instantly. No coding or design skills are needed. Over 350,000 apps have already been created on Yapp's award-winning, self-service platform for a variety of events such as conferences, annual meetings, sales trainings, employee engagement and more. Yapp's customers range from large enterprises to local nonprofit association. Learn more about Yapp

Nicholaus S.
Instructional Technology
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 12, 2018

“YAPP will make rocket your conference from "awesome" to "stellar!"”

OverallGreat customer support! Customer support is great. If the builder of the app does their part, you will end up with a fantastic product. Your apps can feature -discussion boards -picture walls (perfect for Selfie stations) -Twitter feed monitoring -Conference/event scheduling -A place to house your documents and maps (awesome for conference portability) -A customization engine that cements the professionalism of your organization
ProsYAPP features an easy and intuitive user interface for creating a professional-looking mobile app which has TONS of functionality. I have been using the service for years, and have built multiple conference apps with it, all for public education, curriculum, instruction and leadership. If you look around at conferences, just about everyone will have their faces buried in their phones, tablets or laptops. You might as well capture their "digital attention" with your content. I love the YAPP message boards, picture walls, Twitter feeds, and, as an event organizer, the ability to set up session information and schedules. If your users log into the system, they can also build customized itineraries of breakout sessions to attend as well as their locations, streamlining end-user access to your conference sessions. On the back end, the customer service with YAPP is amazing. they have always had my back if I need their help. Sure, the platform subscription is expensive up front, but that plan will service most organizations that don't have the resources to custom-sourced their own mobile app from the ground up. Further, you can build UNLIMITED apps with an unlimited user pool.
ConsEntering the conference session data can be tedious, and there is really no way around this. However, if you use a spreadsheet to build your initial conference schedule layout, session description, location, and other pertinent data-- you can then use that spreadsheet to import your sessions with direct mapping. This saves you a big step when it comes to conference design, but it only works if you begin with the end product in mind and make that spreadsheet from the origins of the conference planning stages.
June 12, 2018
Zach B.
Creative Director - Marketing & Design
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2019

“An Excellent Choice”

ProsEasy to add information and customize to our needs. Easy to distribute to attendees. Cost is very competitive.
ConsSome other conference apps seem to have more features (but also cost a fair amount more).
June 12, 2019
Reshma A.
Regional Organizational Development and Culture Specialist
March 1, 2018

“AMAZING! Everyone gets so excited every time we use this tool!”

OverallBetter collaboration at all our events! Our teams are communicating better now too.
ProsI have been using YAPP for over 2 years for our global conferences - to get people to engage, get excited, and as a way of reducing printed paper agendas and other print materials. I love the functionality, and how easy it is to upload and use - I have had to test out another event app and that was very difficult to use. I especially love that I can upload a simple CSV file with participant names and that comes up so easily. I really do enjoy working with the tool - and being able to upload files so easily!
ConsThe cost - sometimes I find it high. The only other thing I would say is the way apps are archived so you can't see some from the previous year.
March 1, 2018
Debbie H.
Special Projects Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
April 15, 2019

“Highly Recommend YAPP for conference Management”

OverallVery positive experience, convenient, allows good interaction with over 200 participants
ProsWe have used your application for the past three years with much success. Your application allows us to structure the work of our Conferences, which are attended by over 200 people from across the FSU. It allows us to interact with the participants through the schedule, sharing experiences and photos from the events. Thank you so much for such a high-quality and professional development, and convenient tool for our work
ConsThere is nothing at this point, except that perhaps we do not need the application for the entire year and we wish there was a cheaper per- conference option
April 15, 2019
Mitch H.
Managing Director
Wireless, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 9, 2019

“Yapp is awesome!!!”

OverallThe biggest problem this solves for me is having all of the event information in 1 place for 60 people. In the past I sent out an email with bullet points so it's very easy to follow and all of the information is in one place. The challenge is getting people to read their email and not call or email me with questions on where to go and what time etc. Yapp should solve this for me.
ProsVery user friendly. Lots of features to create a very robust event app. Technical support is fantastic. Quick response and very helpful. I like that I'm given links to help topics and then asked if I need to chat with someone. I like the uploading feature from CSV file so I don't have to manually enter dozens of people individually.
ConsSo far the only feature I would like to see would be a survey option. I'd love to be able to create a multi question survey that would be part of the app so I could use the Yapp analytics to view results. I have been able to link to Survey Monkey and Google survey so I still have everything in one place.
April 9, 2019
Jennifer K.
Meeting & Event Planner
January 4, 2018

“Love, Love, Love, Love this app...”

ProsThis app is easy to use, intuitive, able to publish and make changes immediately without having to use a 3rd party/CS agent. I have used apps that are more expensive but have so many limitations on it that I always come back to Yapp. I can find work arounds for almost anything that i need. Additionally, my end users love using it - they love uploading photos and chatting with each other.
Marina E.
owner/artist ( photographer, singer, model)
October 5, 2017

“Had a really good experience with the product. Used it for a 400 people conference.”

Overallvery cheap compared to competitors.
ProsEase of use. Hands down, it allowed non techies to actually create a mobile app. It's easier than drag and drop type of templates and the fact that it's all boxed in and within a certain templated frame makes it easy. There's no design / html or any knowledge to be had if you want to build an app. Some of our people are in the UK and they were still able to hear back from support fairly early their time. Support felt like it was humans doing it not just a ticket system.
ConsOur windows phone employees had to access the app on a computer. We only had 2 people with Windows Phones.
Carla M.
Finance Manager
October 5, 2017

“Professional and Very Helpful Staff ”

OverallMet our budget; Easy to use; Kept us up to date with the tech world.
ProsI researched several apps before choosing YAPP. This would be our organization's first time using an app for our annual conference. It took me less than a few days to become familiar with the layout of the app. It was very helpful to see other samples of conference apps. Staff is quick to response and even response after 6PM.
ConsFor the price, there are none. I would like to see the banner ad function added. I would like to be able to have the option to use the preset features or create your own.
Tracey M.
Engagement & events manager
Banking, 10,001+ employees
November 12, 2018

“Brilliant app”

OverallEvents were made so much more interactive after setting up a couple of weeks or months in advance to get people talking and excited. Everyone loved it and it was easy to set up and add content notifying people when we had.
ProsThe app was so easy to use and the ability to have a number of apps running at once was a great help
ConsInviting people to use the app is not the easiest, some people struggled to download and get set up.
November 12, 2018
Carolyn S.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2018

“A great app that just keep getting better”

OverallIt took us a lot of trial and error to settle on a app (Yapp) that does what we need it to with out the baggage of bells and whistles that we don't need. We need an event app that helps our attendees plan their day, get notes from presenters, and see who's speaking and attending. That's all they want and Yapp delivers.
ProsI've used a few other systems for my company conference but Yapp is our favorite by far. It does what we need it to with out fail. The customer support is fantastic and what's really great is that they're honest. If they don't have something, they'll say it. I asked about purchasing another app and they said, no you don't have to purchase another one, you can upgrade your current plan and save money. Best, though is our event attendees appreciated the ease of use of the app.
ConsWe haven't come across any problems yet.
August 23, 2018
Shala B.
People and Cultural Manager
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees
October 28, 2018

“Fabulous App and Amazing Customer Service”

OverallThe customer service has been amazing. They are so quick to respond, always helps me figure out what I need and follows up to make sure we are satisfied.
ProsSo easy to use, design and implement. The staff loves to post pics and use the social feed, check the agenda and have everything they need to know on the app.
ConsWould like to merge or duplicate the apps but I asked for that function and then they were just able to do it for me, great people!
October 28, 2018
Alma C.
Other
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
January 4, 2018

“Seriously, the best decision I've made!”

OverallI have saved a lot of time and money! and I am very satisfied with this product.
ProsVery easy to use, it has all the features I need for my app. Customer support is amazing! From the moment I started setting up my app, I had all that I needed handy and someone from Yapp offered to help all the time. I am extremely satisfied with this product!
Mark O.
Event Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2018

“Quick, easy to use... extremely helpful, and great price!”

ProsWe needed an app for an upcoming conference. Yapp provides an affordable resource that meets all of our needs as an organization.
ConsWould love to be able to have people register for the event through the app. Also, would love the ability to schedule push notifications. Otherwise, no complaints!
July 18, 2018
brian b.
Marketing
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2019

“Really good functionality ”

OverallI have really been able to gear our demographic of customers by offering a real time app that helps connect them to us.
ProsDid not need to knowncoding. Drag and drop is really easy. They have lots of usable templates.
ConsUpdating on mobile devices not as easy as with laptop for some pages.
March 18, 2019
Publishing, Unspecified
May 3, 2018

“Much appreciated help to maximize conference engagement...”

ProsWhile the cost can seem high, the runoff impact of this program is higher. This program helps maximize conference engagement.
ConsFor occasional users, the subscription price may be too high. You have to really use the program to maximize it's benefit.
May 3, 2018
Ron C.
Minister
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
October 21, 2017

“Easy and Fun to Use”

ProsThis was an easy app to use. We were able to quickly develop an app for our congregation and Yapp was perfect.
ConsNot much to complain about. It is limited in what the app does but for a basic quick design this is what you should use.
October 21, 2017
Dorne L.
Head Regional Marketing
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
October 28, 2016

“Great little event app”

OverallEasy to use. Nice features. Does everything you would expect for delegates and is nice looking app. Recently added rating feature is very useful
ProsHas all basic features
ConsBranding options are generic and would benefit from being applied by page
October 28, 2016
Janie W.
January 19, 2018

“I was hesitant but SO GLAD I DID THIS!”

ProsFull disclosure! I am NOT a techy! I really can't believe how easy YAPP makes it for the novice to build your own application.
ConsIn my case, I am only using the app during a conference, 3 days out of the year. I wish the subscription was for 2 years, or the price was a bit lower for 1 year. THAT BEING SAID, it can eliminate your print costs for a fraction of the cost.
January 19, 2018
Jessica B.
Event Planner
March 19, 2018

“Satisfying App”

ProsThis app is so easy to update from a staff standpoint and extremely easy to use and understand from a user standpoint! Plus their customer service is wonderful.
Cons.
March 19, 2018
Emeka O.
Inspiration Ambassador for The Technology Innovation Scholars Program
Higher Education, Unspecified
December 15, 2017

“If you want a mobile app created quickly for a purpose, use Yapp!”

ProsI love this software because of it's exceptional service, quality of finished products and productivity.
December 15, 2017