Uptime Ratings

Overall

About Uptime

Uptime is an industry leader in website performance monitoring. Uptime checks your website at one-minute intervals from 30 different locations across 6 continents. There is unlimited capability to monitor HTTP(S), Ping, SSH, TCP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, POP, and IMAP. If downtime is detected by our probe servers, you will be notified via email, SMS, or third-party push notifications. It's easy to set up and use-- start with a free account now! Learn more about Uptime

Franz M.
Information Services, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2018

“Works great!”

OverallGreat experience. Wonderful service, powerful tool, good people.
ProsLots of configurable controls. Simple to use interface that's both attractive and functional. Gets the job done right.
ConsIt'd be nice to be able to more easily see which specific server a down report comes from. Sometimes there's just general internet network issues and I don't care if some server in Peru can't ping the site.

By Uptime.com on October 24, 2018
Thank you for reviewing our service! Appreciate the kind words. We indicate location when sending and displaying alerts. If you need assistance on this we are happy to help! Feel free to email us at support@uptime.com.
October 17, 2018
Wes B.
Senior Python Developer
Publishing, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“Reliable monitoring system, very flexible.”

OverallI'm a solo developer/admin for an internet-based company, and so it's crucial that we are immediately aware of any outages or problems with our sites. We've been using Uptime for roughly 18 months, and it has proven to be extremely reliable in detecting any outages. Additionally, the advanced monitoring checks that are available are impressive - it can submit data to forms, observe real user sessions, verify that SSL certificates are valid, and more. I strongly recommend Uptime to anyone who relies on a steady internet presence for their business. Tremendous value for our company, and great peace of mind for myself especially, as the overseer of our operations.
Pros- Easy to use, very clean design - Notifies quickly of any detected outages - Reliably detects even small/brief outages - The wide variety of things that can be monitored, including APIs & multi-step pathways - Very quick to navigate through the various console pages - API access to the reports that can be integrated into internal applications - Documentation is very thorough - Monitoring checks are executed from several points around the world
ConsThere are no cons, in my opinion. It does exactly what's advertised - and more.
October 10, 2018
Paul Z.
Senior ICT Specialist
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“Keep it UP! Informs within minutes if there is an error”

OverallLove it, it monitors really great, the emails send never end up in my spambox and the sms service is reasonable quick, nice for monitoring during the night, just a quick sms on your smartwatch :-)
ProsThis service is amazing, you can define keywords on the monitoring to actually see if your website is up and is showing the proper content instead of an error, also I like the SSL check, it warns you when you are about to renew, superb!
ConsSorry, nothing to complain, you need to pay for shorter checks, in case you would like to check every minute, instead of 5 minutes, but its cheap, sorry, its not a con...
September 18, 2019
Thomas D.
Fondateur, Directeur Exécutif
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 6, 2018

“Excellent and simple software”

OverallReally great tool on the whole, all websites should use a tool to monitor the uptime and Uptime does the job perfectly!
ProsVery easy setup. Notifications by SMS + email: perfect.
ConsDefault SMS notifications could be more optimized: you get an SMS for each monitored page that is down. It's possible however to fine tune this, but I haven't taken time to do it, set up could be a bit more guided to do it more easily (but honestly I haven't tried so hard since it's not so much a big deal).
November 6, 2018
Dale S.
Devops
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Fast way to get an external watch on our system.”

ProsIt was simple to setup. They have all the documentation need to open up just what you need to access your system to monitor. It a great that it is free to start with so you can see if it will work for your company.
ConsIt only keeps 30 days record of that your system has done. Until you buy the pay version it only checks every 5 minutes. Other than that I love the product.
August 31, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 6, 2019

“Most complete website monitoring solution”

OverallWe use Uptime to provide real-time monitoring information to our users. We're able to quickly identify and address issues on our platform, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
ProsEmail and SMS alerts in order to be notified as soon as one of our web services goes down. This is very useful for us as we're able to identify and resolve issues very quickly. Being able to personalize the look and feel of our website monitoring system is also very important for us.
ConsQuite expensive pricing and lack of dedicated plan for early-stage startups. Also the documentation for the REST API could be improved, with exemples over what's possible with Uptime.
March 6, 2019
Hector F.
April 9, 2018

“Quick and Effective”

ProsI like how quick you are able to see results for any web page. We constantly use this to monitor the status or do a quick check for our site.
ConsNothing. It is a great free tool that at the very least provides, at a glance, when there might be something not right.
April 9, 2018
Quentin S.
Développeur web freelance
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

“Easy to setup, one of the most valuable tools for our businesses”

OverallQuickly go back on your toes, and don't expect your users to contact you when your service goes dark!
ProsIt's really easy to setup: in a blink, you can ensure that all your services are up and running - and if not, you'll be able to react in a second and fix things. It became one of the most valuable tools for our services.
ConsAt first, I was a tiny bit reluctant about the pricing. Think twice. Does peace of mine really have a price?
Wendee M.
Director of IT
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
October 29, 2018

“My review”

OverallBefore we started using Uptime we had no idea when our website was down - not a good thing.
ProsI like the email notifications. When I am off or at home I am notified when something is not working!
ConsThere is really nothing I do not like about the software.
October 29, 2018
Brandon Z.
Web Designer
Design, Self-employed
April 21, 2017

“Feature rich uptime and RUM”

OverallUptime has a great uptime checking service along with the less common realtime user monitoring (RUM) service. The service could definitely use some polishing, but for the cost, it's really fantastic. There was a problem I ran into where reports couldn't be exported to CSV if you defined a date range. Initially support was great, until they stopped responding. It took months for the issue to be addressed. At one point I left a review on their Facebook page because they had become completely unresponsive. They immediately replied and I was back in touch with support... until they stopped replying again. But in the end it got fixed, and there's nothing else I've had to contact support for!
Pros- Uptime checking with a decently fast interval between checks. - Simple RUM reporting!
Cons- Doesn't seem that RUM is being improved or developed in anyway. - Support can take a while to resolve a bug.
April 21, 2017
Debasish P.
Website Developer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 18, 2018

“Does what it says”

OverallGood experience so far.
ProsIt does not have a gazillion options, does not let you nuke a small African nation from its control panel, it does best what it should, constantly monitor & notify me when my sites go down, thats it.
ConsNothing that I can think of at the moment.

By Uptime.com on October 24, 2018
Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you are satisfied with our service.
October 18, 2018
Jared K.
Internal development Services
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
November 5, 2018

“Great Product for Uptime monitoring ”

OverallEasy to configure, easy to test and validate outages. Great product that will instantly provide value to your company.
ProsThe array of checks available. The reporting. The RUM checks. The Support. The integrations. The API to pull data into custom dashboards.
ConsPublic status pages could be more configurable.
November 5, 2018
Erik R.
Chief Operations Officer
Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2018

“Uptime helps us Keeping the News Flowing”

ProsThe simplicity of the set up and reliable coverage for our websites. If we hit a snag we are alerted immediately so we can keep our clients information moving to their audience.
ConsNo issues to date with the software of support for any questions we may have about our network.
October 3, 2018
Adam R.
Co-Founder/CEO
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2018

“Uptime is a simple to implement and thorough from a reporting standpoint. ”

ProsLoved how easy it was to get started. Took me about 60sec to pop my URL's in there and I was up and running.
ConsThere's not much to dislike - it's all very straight forward.
November 2, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
March 15, 2019

“It does what it needs to do, and priced fairly”

ProsInstant text notifications can't be beaten. Before you start getting the flurry of emails, you know.
ConsCan't say there's anything the bothers me.
March 15, 2019
Jane G.
May 11, 2018

“False downtime notifications, but easy to use”

ProsNice admin interface, easy to use and you can Pause uptime monitors, select different locations to monitor from, and get email notifications if a site goes down.
ConsIt's great when it works but I've seen a lot of false notifications come in for websites I monitor and Unreliable: I'll check the site while it's "down" and it's fine, so I'm not sure it's actually working properly. I monitored 10 sites for about 7 or 8 months and always got tons of downtime notifications that weren't true.
May 11, 2018
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Great value for money”

OverallI'm happy and looking forward to hearing the release of new features :D
ProsAs we are a small business we need just a basic monitor and Uptime gives us a flexible plan that adjusts to our needs. :D
ConsI would like to use some more flexible javascript in some of my checkers

By Uptime.com on October 29, 2018
Thank you for reviewing Uptime.com! We would be happy to take into consideration your suggestion for more flexible javascript. If you could please email support@uptime.com with more details on your request, we will be take look at developing.
Ariel E.
Freelance Photography
Graphic Design, Self-employed
January 21, 2019

“Truly useful app”

ProsKeep me in the know when something goes down so I can investigate any issues with my web host or server.
Consnot much to dislike, it works just like advertised.
January 21, 2019
February 6, 2018

“Customer support doesn't exist...”

ProsIt works well I don't have any complaint about the system, it is mostly customer support and how they handle the business.
ConsPrices go up without notice and you find out on the invoices that it multiplies quickly.Customer support didn't even bother answer me. So keep your distances...
February 6, 2018